PDA

View Full Version : Vaccine passport

Helensburghhibs
11-12-2021, 10:11 AM
I've seen on a few threads that needing a vaccine passport has stopped some people attending home games. Just a quick reminder that it's not required today due to crowd size,,

LaMotta
11-12-2021, 12:40 PM
I've seen on a few threads that needing a vaccine passport has stopped some people attending home games. Just a quick reminder that it's not required today due to crowd size,,

Its not needed for home games either now - a negative Lateral Flow test works as well ( if anyone even asks). I haven't been checked once since the scheme started.

HH81
11-12-2021, 12:43 PM
Its not needed for home games either now - a negative Lateral Flow test works as well ( if anyone even asks). I haven't been checked once since the scheme started.

Not even at Hampden? They were very keen there.

LaMotta
11-12-2021, 12:44 PM
Not even at Hampden? They were very keen there.

No we never got checked!

Crab apple
11-12-2021, 12:52 PM

Only time I've been checked is the gates in front of the west before the Motherwell game.

Allant1981
11-12-2021, 01:02 PM
No we never got checked!

Loads of folk were checked last week going into the east, almost everyone who was going in at the same time as me got checked

Malthibby
11-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Loads of folk were checked last week going into the east, almost everyone who was going in at the same time as me got checked

Yup, checked at Motherwell game,, previous game self & daughter checked, let my wife through waving her mobile Poundstretcher app. It's a pain but I sometimes think some folk don't realise what Covid could turn into,
just need a killer mutation to marry up to a super spreader like Omicron & we are screwed.

EH6 Hibby
11-12-2021, 01:48 PM
I got checked at hampden.

hibee_girl
11-12-2021, 01:51 PM
I got checked at Hampden and at the Motherwell game last Saturday

Nakedmanoncrack
11-12-2021, 11:58 PM
Never seen anyone checked, its one less excuse now anyway as no longer required.

Leith Green
12-12-2021, 09:20 AM

Is that definitely the case? There is one person in my group potentially not going because they aren’t vaccinated.. So they can do a lateral flow test as proof? Bit of a farce , anyone could have taken the test 😂

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Is that definitely the case? There is one person in my group potentially not going because they aren’t vaccinated.. So they can do a lateral flow test as proof? Bit of a farce , anyone could have taken the test 😂

No it’s not the case - some folk have never been asked for the passport but they can do it. I’ve been asked twice since it started - both at the gates at the West Stand and after arriving fairly early.

Leith Green
12-12-2021, 09:27 AM
No it’s not the case - some folk have never been asked for the passport but they can do it. I’ve been asked twice since it started - both at the gates at the West Stand and after arriving fairly early.

Sorry i was meaning , is it the case that if you dont have vaccinations you can just produce a negative lateral flow test?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Sorry i was meaning , is it the case that if you dont have vaccinations you can just produce a negative lateral flow test?

I don’t think it is.

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2021, 09:32 AM

It has to be a reported test and you have to have the text showing the date valid for 1 day only just like Wales

Leith Green
12-12-2021, 09:44 AM
It has to be a reported test and you have to have the text showing the date valid for 1 day only just like Wales

How do they go about doing that and receiving the necessary documents?

BoomtownHibees
12-12-2021, 09:48 AM

Yeah but the result is reported via the person themselves. So even if they had a positive test, they can go on to the website and say it was negative and get a text saying they’ve had a negative test. Or don’t even do a test and record a result online and get a text saying you’re negative.

No idea why folk would do that mind you however a “recorded” negative test means **** all in the grand scheme of things

BoomtownHibees
12-12-2021, 09:49 AM
How do they go about doing that and receiving the necessary documents?

Do an LFT and record the results online. You will then get a text and email confirming the result that you told them

Coco Bryce
12-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Nobody has been denied entry to a football stadium for not having a Covid Passport. It's just a box ticking exercise.

H18 SFR
12-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Nobody has been denied entry to a football stadium for not having a Covid Passport. It's just a box ticking exercise.

Heard that on radio Scotland although that was at the start of it. Said there was no recording mechanism. Might have changed now.

Coco Bryce
12-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Heard that on radio Scotland although that was at the start of it. Said there was no recording mechanism. Might have changed now.

Did you hear wee Robbo going mental about the changing facilities his team have had to endure due to covid restrictions. Professional footballers wearing football boots having to come down two flights of makeshift metal stairs from portacabins.

BoomtownHibees
12-12-2021, 10:08 AM

Guy behind us going in to ER last week told the steward he’d forgot his and got in anyway

Coco Bryce
12-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Going up to the stadium (East) at the Rangers game, there was a couple of young lads in front of us. Guy in hi-viz jacket shouts 'Have your passports ready please' Young lads just burst out laughing and said 'Aye OK mate' then the stewards just started laughing. Complete farce.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2021, 10:49 AM
I don’t think it is.

It definitely is - as of last Monday.

Helensburghhibs
12-12-2021, 11:12 AM
Did you hear wee Robbo going mental about the changing facilities his team have had to endure due to covid restrictions. Professional footballers wearing football boots having to come down two flights of makeshift metal stairs from portacabins.

They done their team talk last week with the manager lit up with the players mobile phones because there weren't any lights haha 😂 😆

wookie70
12-12-2021, 11:18 AM
I got checked at Hampden and at the Motherwell game last Saturday Same here but I could have showed anything and it would have been accepted. It is a pretty pointless exercise.

LaMotta
12-12-2021, 11:25 AM

I don’t think it is.

This confirms LF test can be used now.

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,proof-of-negative-test-can-now-be-used-as-alternative-to-vaccine-passport

wookie70
12-12-2021, 11:29 AM

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,proof-of-negative-test-can-now-be-used-as-alternative-to-vaccine-passport

That should have been the case from the very start. I'd far rather sit next to someone who has a negative test than one who is vaccinated and not tested. It took them a while but some common sense eventually kicked in

Moulin Yarns
12-12-2021, 11:48 AM
That should have been the case from the very start. I'd far rather sit next to someone who has a negative test than one who is vaccinated and not tested. It took them a while but some common sense eventually kicked in

I've just done my test for today, I didn't need to I could just have reported that I had a negative result, whether I was or not. There is absolutely no guarantee the person sitting next to you has even done a test, let alone tested negative.

wookie70
12-12-2021, 12:07 PM
I've just done my test for today, I didn't need to I could just have reported that I had a negative result, whether I was or not. There is absolutely no guarantee the person sitting next to you has even done a test, let alone tested negative.

I appreciate that. the point I was making was that the change of rules allows a negative test to gain entry. It is immaterial as the stewarding is such that neither a test or a passport is required to gain entry.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 12:16 PM

So we’ve binned the vaccine passport just as the UK government introduce it? :hilarious

Coco Bryce
12-12-2021, 12:32 PM
So we’ve binned the vaccine passport just as the UK government introduce it? :hilarious

It won't work down there either.

jeffers
12-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Am I not missing something here, I thought you could test negative via an LFT, but still have Covid ?

Crab apple
12-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Am I not missing something here, I thought you could test negative via an LFT, but still have Covid ?

You can. Both my wife and I were negative using LFT but positive when took a PCR.

ian cruise
12-12-2021, 12:55 PM

The latest tests seem far more reliable. I tested positive on Fri via lateral flow, and the NHS staff feel fairly confident that though I maybe did catch it before it was only around then I'd have been contagious.

Regardless, I'm isolating until the 20th so cup final in the house for me. Total agree that people should still be doing the lateral flow tests regularly and especially before the game, the vaccine makes the symptoms less bad, but it's not a cure and doesn't stop you getting it.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2021, 12:57 PM

You can they're not very reliable for asymptomatic infection.

LaMotta
12-12-2021, 01:08 PM

Well no - the rules in England will be the same as they are here - proof of vaccination status or negative LF test within 48 hours previously.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Well no - the rules in England will be the same as they are here - proof of vaccination status or negative LF test within 48 hours previously.

I’ve lost track - they were talking about passports the other day when they done the press conference.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2021, 01:31 PM
I’ve lost track - they were talking about passports the other day when they done the press conference.

The difference isn't with vaccine passports.

The difference is in England from Tuesday if you're double vaccinated and are identified as a close contact then if you're double jabbed you'll need to take lateral flow tests every day for a week but don't need to isolate as long as the test is negative.

In Scotland if you're a household contact of a positive test you must isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you produce a negative test or are double vaccinated.

LaMotta
12-12-2021, 01:35 PM

Yes England introducing them for the first time to start tomorrow I think - but that doesn't mean we've got rid of them, if that makes sense.:greengrin

B.H.F.C
12-12-2021, 01:36 PM
The difference isn't with vaccine passports.

The difference is in England from Tuesday if you're double vaccinated and are identified as a close contact then if you're double jabbed you'll need to take lateral flow tests every day for a week.

In Scotland if you're a household contact of a positive test you must isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you produce a negative test or are double vaccinated.

Hopefully those isolation rules change, they’re crazy.

jeffers
12-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Cheers for the replies re LFTs. Now I’m even more confused that proof that you don’t have Covid from a test known to be unreliable is being accepted to gain entry to mass events. :confused:

LaMotta
12-12-2021, 02:33 PM
Cheers for the replies re LFTs. Now I’m even more confused that proof that you don’t have Covid from a test known to be unreliable is being accepted to gain entry to mass events. :confused:

LFTs are meant to have a relaibility of 80% last I seen. That might be not too bad but given that anyone can falsely report a negative test it does seem a bit pointless. A lot of European countries don't allow them for that reason.

Moulin Yarns
12-12-2021, 02:38 PM
LFTs are meant to have a relaibility of 80% last I seen. That might be not too bad but given that anyone can falsely report a negative test it does seem a bit pointless. A lot of European countries don't allow them for that reason.

Yet there were some on here demanding them, claiming that the passport could be faked!!

Just Alf
12-12-2021, 04:05 PM
Yet there were some on here demanding them, claiming that the passport could be faked!!It's a percentages game I think...

A few % of folks will just open the pack, scan the code and report a negative test without doing the actual test (too difficult to stick a wee cotton bud up yer nose I guess)

Another few % will actually do the test , get a positive and report it as negative then go to the pub/game/work/their granny's anyway

Hopefully the % of totally selfish gits above are minimal, I can't help but think the vast majority of us are 'normal' and will do the right thing. It's this that governments around the world are hoping for.

Alternatively we end up with a strict enforcement of a 'passport ' scheme ?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 04:30 PM

NHS told us 60% - that was back in October.

LaMotta
12-12-2021, 04:55 PM

This was the 80% thing I seen:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-lateral-flow-tests-are-more-accurate-than-previously-thought-researchers-find-12433421

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2021, 05:02 PM
This was the 80% thing I seen:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-lateral-flow-tests-are-more-accurate-than-previously-thought-researchers-find-12433421

We just had a phone call with them while one of us was a PCR positive and a number of LFT negatives.

LunasBoots
12-12-2021, 05:06 PM

Yeah NHS recently told the missus not to take the LFT as they aren't reliable, tested negative on 3 LFT and positive on a PCR.

LunasBoots
12-12-2021, 05:09 PM

You can use either.

hibbysam
12-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Yet there were some on here demanding them, claiming that the passport could be faked!!

I was advising that, not sure if it was you that was stating at the time that you wouldn’t be able to get in with someone else’s passport - it’s clear you can. It’s a waste of time, it does nothing to prove the person in possession of a passport has vaccines, it does nothing to prove the person in possession of a test is negative. Pointless.

Just Alf
12-12-2021, 05:29 PM
I was advising that, not sure if it was you that was stating at the time that you wouldn’t be able to get in with someone else’s passport - it’s clear you can. It’s a waste of time, it does nothing to prove the person in possession of a passport has vaccines, it does nothing to prove the person in possession of a test is negative. Pointless.%'s

hibbysam
12-12-2021, 05:34 PM
%'s

What %’s? It’s not going to make anyone go and get jabbed as you can still get in while not jabbed. It ticks a box to say ‘we’ve implemented this’ but in reality when it’s not been done correctly it serves no purpose.

Just Alf
12-12-2021, 05:41 PM
What %’s? It’s not going to make anyone go and get jabbed as you can still get in while not jabbed. It ticks a box to say ‘we’ve implemented this’ but in reality when it’s not been done correctly it serves no purpose.The thing is, the governments here (and elsewhere) are relying on the fact that the majority aren't selfish idiot's, so while it's never going to be a 100% effective it's much better than not doing anything at all.

All our annoyance should be firmly aimed at those sidestepping the restrictions as they are culpable in making them harsher and last longer.

hibbysam
12-12-2021, 06:38 PM
The thing is, the governments here (and elsewhere) are relying on the fact that the majority aren't selfish idiot's, so while it's never going to be a 100% effective it's much better than not doing anything at all.

All our annoyance should be firmly aimed at those sidestepping the restrictions as they are culpable in making them harsher and last longer.

They effectively are doing nothing. Nobody that wasn’t vaccinated before won’t get into a venue now. The same crowd can access the same places. The restrictions are pointless. If you think currently is better than it would be otherwise then you’re at it I’m afraid.

Just Alf
12-12-2021, 06:47 PM
They effectively are doing nothing. Nobody that wasn’t vaccinated before won’t get into a venue now. The same crowd can access the same places. The restrictions are pointless. If you think currently is better than it would be otherwise then you’re at it I’m afraid.Fair enough, as I said earlier it's all about %'s

Not totally disagreeing with you BTW

hibbyfraelibby
13-12-2021, 04:33 PM

No we have kept the vaccine passport and extended it like the Welsh just as the English Government roll out what we already have.