PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Mirren

houstonhibbee
09-12-2021, 04:10 PM
You're the new manager. What changes do you make? Do we have 11 available?

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 04:13 PM
You're the new manager. What changes do you make? Do we have 11 available?

Dabrowski
Cadden Daz Goga Doig
Jdh Newell
Boyle Campbell Murphy
Niz

coldingham hibs
09-12-2021, 04:14 PM
Very little scope to make any changes.

B.H.F.C
09-12-2021, 04:15 PM
Macey

Gogic
McGregor
Doig

Boyle
Campbell
Allan
Newell
Stevenson

Doidge
Nisbet

jeffers
09-12-2021, 04:15 PM
I’d like to see Lewis in Saturday’s team.

J-C
09-12-2021, 04:16 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Daz
Gogic
Stevenson

JDH
Campbell

Boyle
Allan
Murphy

Doidge.

Billy Whizz

Think he’ll play, need some experience in

JimBHibees
Macey

Gogic
McGregor
Doig

Boyle
Campbell
Allan
Newell
Stevenson

Doidge
Nisbet

Quite like the look of that team defence aside

Smartie
Macey

Boyle McGregor Stevenson Doig

Gogic

JDH Newell

Allan

Doidge Wright

Boyle and Doig tank on, Gogic drops back into a back 3. Wright plays that weird false 9 type thing like he did that time against Celtic.

I'm not sure who else we actually have available.

Just remembering back to that glorious day when Eddie May took the team after Hecky's departure - went for a diamond and scudded the Perth Saints 4-0 away.

greenlex
Dabrowski

Cadden
Daz
Gogic
Stevenson

JDH
Campbell

Boyle
Allan
Murphy

Doidge.
This but maybe leave Macey in goal.

Onceinawhile
09-12-2021, 04:17 PM
Whose the right back for the reserves? Or under 21s or whatever they're called these days.

B.H.F.C
09-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Quite like the look of that team defence aside

I’m not sure I like the look of it, even though I posted it. Could see absolutely anything.

I do remember winning at ibrox with a back three of Efe, Porteous making his debut and Stevenson on the left of it, so anything is possible I suppose.

Billy Whizz
09-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Whose the right back for the reserves? Or under 21s or whatever they're called these days.

Try under 18’s

Ronniekirk
09-12-2021, 04:19 PM
Very little scope to make any changes.

And there in is the problem J R faced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
09-12-2021, 04:20 PM
And there in is the problem J R faced

Ronnie not really, he very rarely played the fringe players

Ronniekirk
09-12-2021, 04:20 PM

Do t think we have any option

Ronniekirk
09-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Ronnie not really, he very rarely played the fringe players

You have to assume he didn’t think they could improve the team Billy iether way it’s a mess we are left with in short term

jeffers
09-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Do t think we have any option

Depends if Cadden is fit, but I wonder if SDG will turn to a guy he’ll know and trust.

Billy Whizz
09-12-2021, 04:30 PM
You have to assume he didn’t think they could improve the team Billy iether way it’s a mess we are left with in short term

He obviously didn’t

Mikey_1875
09-12-2021, 04:30 PM
Difficult without knowing the extent of porto and cadden issues. Doidge looks well off it but the only way thats going to improve is with more training and minutes on the park.

Ideally,

Macey

Cadden Porto Doig Stevenson

Boyle Newell Campbell Murphy

Nisbet Doidge

Would have concerns about giving up the midfield if St Mirren have three in there but Campbell looks tenacious enough to play there and gives us a few options to change it up off the bench.

wookie70
09-12-2021, 04:40 PM
I’d like to see Lewis in Saturday’s team. He should have played far more this season. Doig has been Ok but I still think Lewis is a better player.

jeffers
09-12-2021, 04:46 PM
He should have played far more this season. Doig has been Ok but I still think Lewis is a better player.

Don’t disagree but if there was hopes of selling Doig this upcoming window I can see why he’s played so often, but I think it was BHFC who posted the stats and he’s only had one assist this season. As well as being culpable for a few goals we’ve lost.

wookie70
09-12-2021, 05:09 PM
Don’t disagree but if there was hopes of selling Doig this upcoming window I can see why he’s played so often, but I think it was BHFC who posted the stats and he’s only had one assist this season. As well as being culpable for a few goals we’ve lost.

I think the nonsense at the start of the season hasn't helped him and when Lewis has came in he has looked really sharp. They might both play on Saturday

JammyDoidger
09-12-2021, 05:39 PM
A goalie

Cadden
Gogic
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Doig

JDH
Newell
Allan

Nisbet
Boyle

ancient hibee
09-12-2021, 05:48 PM
Difficult without knowing the extent of porto and cadden issues. Doidge looks well off it but the only way thats going to improve is with more training and minutes on the park.

Ideally,

Macey

Cadden Porto Doig Stevenson

Boyle Newell Campbell Murphy

Nisbet Doidge

Would have concerns about giving up the midfield if St Mirren have three in there but Campbell looks tenacious enough to play there and gives us a few options to change it up off the bench.

Doig instead of Murphy. He offers just as much going forward and is liable to last more than half an hour.

erin go bragh
09-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Macey

Boyle

Gogic
McGregor
Doig

Stevenson

JDH
Allan
Campbell

Nisbet
Doidge

Tambo
09-12-2021, 05:52 PM
I think it will be a 3-5-2.

Macey

McGregor
Porto (if fit)
Lewis

Cadden (if fit)
Gogic
JDH
Doig

Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

Northernhibee
09-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Macey

Boyle

McGregor
Gogic
Stevenson

Doig

Newell
Campbell
Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

Hibby-G
09-12-2021, 06:06 PM
Anyone know whether Porteous will be fit enough for the game or not?

Didn’t catch last nights match so didn’t see how bad the knock to him was.

H18 SFR
09-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Anyone know whether Porteous will be fit enough for the game or not?

Didn’t catch last nights match so didn’t see how bad the knock to him was.

Radio said today he is a worry for the final let alone this weekend.

Since90+2
09-12-2021, 06:40 PM
Macey

Boyle

McGregor
Gogic
Stevenson

Doig

Newell
Campbell
Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

That defence gives me the fear.

Nicho87
09-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden Mcgregor Doig Stevenson

Gogic

JDH Campbell

Allan

Boyle Doidge

Smartie
10-12-2021, 12:16 AM
That defence gives me the fear.

Every defence on this thread gives me the fear, including the one I proposed.

Unless Porteous and Cadden both recover for Saturday, it's going to be pretty ugly whoever we play.

shamo9
10-12-2021, 12:33 AM
I wonder if there's any young defenders that can seize the opportunity like Doig and Campbell have done recently? We're gonna be very short defensively if Hanlon, McGinn, Porteous & Cadden are all out.

houstonhibbee
10-12-2021, 01:38 AM
I wonder if there's any young defenders that can seize the opportunity like Doig and Campbell have done recently? We're gonna be very short defensively if Hanlon, McGinn, Porteous & Cadden are all out.
We don't need defenders - the interim manager is going for all out attack at the insistence of the restless natives........

flash
10-12-2021, 05:40 AM
Our regular defence gives me the fear so nothing new there.

Unseen work
10-12-2021, 08:12 AM
I expect an attacking line up as Gray will think he has nothing to lose.

………………..…Macey………….

………Wood…McGregor….Stevenson…

Boyle…….Campbell…..Newell……….Doig…….

…………………..Allan……..

……………Doidge…..Nisbet…..

Although Wood returned to Middlesbrough that’s just for training and he’s still classed as a Hibs player until January. Whether we bring him back is another thing, if not then Gogic or Brydon.

GreenCastle
10-12-2021, 08:41 AM

………………..…Macey………….

…………………..Allan……..

……………Doidge…..Nisbet…..

Although Wood returned to Middlesbrough that’s just for training and he’s still classed as a Hibs player until January. Whether we bring him back is another thing, if not then Gogic or Brydon.

Zero chance Wood will be playing.

David Gray and Eddie May - good luck picking a team for this weekend. The lack of options at the back was always going to come back and bite us at some point.

Since452
10-12-2021, 08:54 AM

………………..…Macey………….

…………………..Allan……..

……………Doidge…..Nisbet…..

I thought Wood had officially returned to Middlesbrough? Either way we'll never see him in a Hibs shirt again.

Jones28
10-12-2021, 09:02 AM
Wood has left, gone back to Boro.

So:

Macey

Cadden McGregor Gogic Doig Stevenson
JDH Newall
Allan
Doidge Nisbet

Steve88
10-12-2021, 09:13 AM
£12.5 PPV for tomorrows game

https://ppv.stmirren.com/

rodhibs55
10-12-2021, 09:15 AM

………………..…Macey………….

…………………..Allan……..

……………Doidge…..Nisbet…..

Like others have said, don't think Wood is available as returned to Middlesbrough. Putting Gogic in your line up in his place and this looks a reasonable line up.

number9dream
10-12-2021, 09:38 AM
Lots of people picking Doidge but the big man looked nowhere near fit enough in the second half on Wednesday.
He needs minutes though and we need to score first, so maybe chucking him on for an hour is the way to go.
Is Cadden fit? Did Campbell take a knock at Livi?

Tyler Durden
10-12-2021, 09:55 AM
Great that we can all just pick the team we'd like to see, with no idea what SDG might fancy.

I'd go with a 4-3-3. Not the way we've played it before though. More like Liverpool or Rangers at times, where the front 3 play high and press. Midfield also more of a narrow 3 who get up and down rather than having 2 sitting midfielders.

If I'm hoping for one difference now that Ross is gone, it's that we might see some pressing and intensity when we don't have the ball.

Macey

Cadden
McGregor
Doig
Stevenson

Campbell
Gogic
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

Tyler Durden
10-12-2021, 09:57 AM
Lots of people picking Doidge but the big man looked nowhere near fit enough in the second half on Wednesday.
He needs minutes though and we need to score first, so maybe chucking him on for an hour is the way to go.
Is Cadden fit? Did Campbell take a knock at Livi?

Yeah I'd get Doidge starting. I'd rather he played the first 50-60 minutes and we sub him, rather than waiting to go behind and bring him on.

Liberal Hibby
10-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Given the lack of options I can't see us playing four at the back - so it will be a back 3 with possibly Boyle and someone else as wingbacks.

Tyler Durden
10-12-2021, 10:27 AM
Given the lack of options I can't see us playing four at the back - so it will be a back 3 with possibly Boyle and someone else as wingbacks.

Not necesarily. I think it'll be more based on the formation we'd like to play to win the game.

If Cadden is fit then a back 4 means only one player playing out of position - Doig/Stevenson/Gogic playing as a CB. Also a back 3 doesn't make us any more secure than playing a back 4. St Mirren tend to have Brophy up front on his own, which might also make us favour a 4.

JimBHibees
10-12-2021, 12:43 PM
£12.5 PPV for tomorrows game

https://ppv.stmirren.com/

Reasonable price to be fair

Callum_62
10-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Whens our presser?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Magpie
10-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Macey

Cadden
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

JDH
Allan
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Murphy

Smartie
10-12-2021, 01:41 PM
Macey

Cadden
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

JDH
Allan
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Murphy

That’s the one.

jacomo
10-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Macey

Cadden
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

JDH
Allan
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Murphy

Unfortunately Cadden was awful last time he played right back.

I think he’s a decent wing back but I’d be nervous about him in a back 4.

Inconsequential
10-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan. Well, I can dream! :greengrin

number9dream
10-12-2021, 03:58 PM
I'd like to see how Doig gets on in a more central role. He's played there before as a younger lad and there's scope for the odd Tierney style bolt up the park.

Macey
Porteous McGregor Doig
Boyle Newell Gogic Stevenson
Allan
Doidge Nisbet

Billy Whizz
10-12-2021, 04:03 PM
Whens our presser?

Just heard Lewis and SDG speaking on Radio Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59611446

JimBHibees
10-12-2021, 04:05 PM
Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan. Well, I can dream! :greengrin

If only. :greengrin

wookie70
10-12-2021, 04:12 PM
If the same team was available as against Livi then I would have played the same starting team except Lewis in for Doig. As it is I would go for

Macey

Cadden McGregor Porteous Lewis

Boyle Campbell Newell Murphy

Nisbet
Doidge

I don't think Doidge is ready to play from the start but we don't have many options and I would get some minutes in his legs. He will also help defending set pieces. If Cadden isn't fit then I'd probably stick Boyle at RWB and put Doig as LWB and Lewis in the centre. If Porteous is also out I would stick Gogic in for him. Football is a funny game and sometimes these teams that are thrown together click.

BH1875
10-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Hi all

Going to go to the game tomorrow and can’t see where to buy tickets online on hibs or st mirren website. I assume there will be pay at the gate? Thanks in advance

Billy Whizz
10-12-2021, 05:20 PM
Hi all

Going to go to the game tomorrow and can’t see where to buy tickets online on hibs or st mirren website. I assume there will be pay at the gate? Thanks in advance

https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml?ftredirect=1

On here, plenty of tickets still available, don’t think there is PATG, online only

BH1875
10-12-2021, 05:24 PM
https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml?ftredirect=1

On here, plenty of tickets still available, don’t think there is PATG, online only

Thanks very much 🇳🇬

Magpie
10-12-2021, 05:30 PM
With these sudden suspensions/injuries in defence it makes you wonder why we didn’t wait until January before sending Wood back?

Smartie
10-12-2021, 06:20 PM
With these sudden suspensions/injuries in defence it makes you wonder why we didn’t wait until January before sending Wood back?

Something MUST have gone on behind the scenes imo.

He wanted to come and play football, he wasn’t getting it, and I reckon he’ll have agitated - with inevitable consequences. This is based on Ross’ comments at the time about protecting the culture we’d worked hard to create.

hibbyfraelibby
10-12-2021, 08:27 PM
Dabrovski

Mackie, McGregor, Stevenson

Boyle Allan Gogic Newell Doig

Nisbet Doidge

Subs
Macey, Campbell, Gullane, O'Connor
Doyle-Hayes, Halberg, Shiv Hunter😉

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately Cadden was awful last time he played right back.

I think he’s a decent wing back but I’d be nervous about him in a back 4.

No alternative really.

hibee-boys
10-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Dabrovski

Nisbet Doidge

Subs

I’ve seen a few teams that have dropped Macey, have I been watching different games, if it wasn’t for him we would’ve had a few pastings over the past few weeks🤔

hibbyfraelibby
10-12-2021, 08:34 PM
I’ve seen a few teams that have dropped Macey, have I been watching different games, if it wasn’t for him we would’ve had a few pastings over the past few weeks🤔

He's the root of the problen. Too slow to distribute the ball and never ever picks up the wide men.out wide and in the clear. Dabrovski is quicker witted and in my opinion a better keeper

hibee-boys
10-12-2021, 08:49 PM
He's the root of the problen. Too slow to distribute the ball and never ever picks up the wide men.out wide and in the clear. Dabrovski is quicker witted and in my opinion a better keeper

I wish the root of our problems was Macey’s distribution! Deary me🙄

kennyh
10-12-2021, 08:52 PM
Anyone know what the situation is with Ts for tomorrow. Can you just turn up and buy at wee kiosk ?

Hiber-nation
10-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Anyone know what the situation is with Ts for tomorrow. Can you just turn up and buy at wee kiosk ?

Buy online from St Mirren, e-ticket https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml

gaz1875
10-12-2021, 08:58 PM

Have a look on page 2 of this thread.

hibbyfraelibby
10-12-2021, 09:00 PM

I suggest you watch Macey closely. He's too slow at taking goal kicks, wastes time when we are down taking an age to get ball back into play and lacks vision and his directional control is woeful

Re-watch the Aberdeen game. Into injury time seconds counting down, Big Daz pushed forward into the D waiting for the long bomb he'd win in the air and Macey shilly shallys and boots the ball into the South stand. Daz get frustrated and seconds later gets sent off as he vented that frustration on an opposition player.

Macey takes too long to do too little.

gaz1875
10-12-2021, 09:11 PM
I suggest you watch Macey closely. He's too slow at taking goal kicks, wastes time when we are down taking an age to get ball back into play and lacks vision and his directional control is woeful

Re-watch the Aberdeen game. Into injury time seconds counting down, Big Daz pushed forward into the D waiting for the long bomb he'd win in the air and Macey shilly shallys and boots the ball into the South stand. Daz get frustrated and seconds later gets sent off as he vented that frustration on an opposition player.

Macey takes too long to do too little.

Seriously, you're blaming Macey for DMc getting sent off? It must have been Macey's fault for not shouting to Hanlon there was a guy behind him for his first booking when he booted the guy in the chest then?

Alfred E Newman
10-12-2021, 09:20 PM
Dabrovski

Nisbet Doidge

Subs

Looking at that I’m starting to realise just what a mess we are in.

LaMotta
10-12-2021, 09:20 PM

You could be right but if you are it's because you are guessing. We haven't seen enough of Dabrowski in the first team to make that judgement.

Mainstandman
10-12-2021, 10:26 PM

Marciano was very casual, mind the Rangers game when he punted off off their player and how he could hit the dug out on a regular occasion.

FifeHibs
10-12-2021, 11:08 PM
Marciano was very casual, mind the Rangers game when he punted off off their player and how he could hit the dug out on a regular occasion.

Marciano is a far better keeper than Macey

kennyh
11-12-2021, 05:36 AM
Buy online from St Mirren, e-ticket https://www.stmirren.com/awaysupporters.shtml

Thanks for that

Allant1981
11-12-2021, 07:19 AM
Dabrovski

Nisbet Doidge

Subs

A back 3 with 2 left backs, one of them at RCH? Gogic who has been really bad almost everytime he plays, bring in a keeper who hasnt played at all this season when our number 1 apart from crap kicking has done nothing wrong, thank god that wont be the team

Allant1981
11-12-2021, 07:21 AM
Marciano is a far better keeper than Macey

Kicking just as poor, coming from crosses was worse than macey, shot stopping slightly better although macey has had some cracking saves, wouldnt say far better as marciano had some howlers, just here longer to base things on

Billy Whizz
11-12-2021, 09:52 AM
I remember the away game at St Mirren when Lennon was on garden leave, Eddie May took the team. We were 1-0 down I think at half time and the atmosphere was toxic

Eddie made a few subs and we put in a great 2nd half performance and won 3-1

Hope we put in the same fighting spirit today

EVENTUALLY
11-12-2021, 10:17 AM
Captain today? Porteous or McGregor.

Ronniekirk
11-12-2021, 10:54 AM
I remember the away game at St Mirren when Lennon was on garden leave, Eddie May took the team. We were 1-0 down I think at half time and the atmosphere was toxic

Eddie made a few subs and we put in a great 2nd half performance and won 3-1

Hope we put in the same fighting spirit today

And that 4 1 win away to st Johnstone when Hecky got sacked and Doidge suddenly found form and got a Hat trick

Aldo
11-12-2021, 11:10 AM
If Porteous is fit

Macey

Porteous Daz Lewis

Cadden Gogic JDH Doig

Boyle Nisbet

BlackSheep
11-12-2021, 11:14 AM
If Porteous is fit

Macey

Porteous Daz Lewis

Cadden Gogic JDH Doig

Boyle Nisbet

We only playing with 10 today?? 😂

Aldo
11-12-2021, 11:17 AM
We only playing with 10 today?? [emoji23]

Doh! Murphy or
Newell in there

MKHIBEE
11-12-2021, 11:18 AM
We only playing with 10 today?? 😂

Newell sent off before KO.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2021, 11:22 AM
I’m hoping for Nisbet and Doidge upfront

Keith_M
11-12-2021, 11:30 AM
I don't know about the team but the ticket sales seem to be very low.

Looks like we'll be taking even less than were at the ST-J game.

CMac1988
11-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Captain today? Porteous or McGregor.

Macey...

coldingham hibs
11-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Macey...

I hope Macey isn’t in the team never mind captain. I can’t take to him at all.

Saint Hibee
11-12-2021, 11:52 AM
I’d like to see Allan given a start.

H18 SFR
11-12-2021, 11:52 AM

I thought he was horrendous on Wednesday. Like many I would add but he certainly didn’t impress.

JimBHibees
11-12-2021, 11:56 AM

Think Campbell should have stayed on Wednesday

Keith_M
11-12-2021, 11:59 AM

Always a bit of a conundrum with Allan.

I wasn't happy he was only given 8 minutes against Motherwell, but he then ruined any argument I had by playing 45 against Livi and making little difference.

Not alone there, obviously, but no 'magic bullet' performance either.

J-C
11-12-2021, 12:02 PM
I thought he was horrendous on Wednesday. Like many I would add but he certainly didn’t impress.

He was on the left wing?

Helensburghhibs
11-12-2021, 12:05 PM
Assuming all are fit I'd like to see....

Macey
Cadden Porto daz doig
Jdh/newell
Boyle Allan Campbell Murphy
Nisbet

Or drop one of the central midfielders for doidge

H18 SFR
11-12-2021, 12:08 PM
He was on the left wing?

Interesting after the Dundee Utd game in the cup he said it’s one of his preferred positions to play. I wouldn’t have thought that.

Ronniekirk
11-12-2021, 12:14 PM

Pissing of rain in paisley need to win to win the battle in midfield first Maybe not conditions for him to start

PPZPOL
11-12-2021, 12:16 PM
There’s a lot said about tactics and rightly so but today is a time to roll up the sleeves and get 3 points. This game will take care of itself if that is done. There’s an element of over-coaching at times and seeing players scared to step out of position they are so drilled. It felt like that against Celtic at Easter Road, everyone was taking training ground shape onto pitch that when something as simple as someone breaking out of defence happened (and at one point a centre half carried the ball deep onto our half due to this) nobody went to close down.

It’s a cliche but David Gray does not need to give a tactical masterclass today, he just needs to tell them they haven’t been good enough and they want to get finger out. Of course that only lasts for a game or two but we’ll get away with it today if we just show up with some enthusiasm.

J-C
11-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Interesting after the Dundee Utd game in the cup he said it’s one of his preferred positions to play. I wouldn’t have thought that.

Did he say that, he doesn't have the pace or energy to play there, he may like to come off the left and onto his right, the cross to Murphy came from the left, more inside left than left wing. He needs to play behind the striker and allowed to float about finding space.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Assuming all are fit I'd like to see....

Macey
Cadden Porto daz doig
Jdh/newell
Boyle Allan Campbell Murphy
Nisbet

Or drop one of the central midfielders for doidge

Think this team won't be far off starting line up. Porto & Cadden both trained yesterday & SDG said they are available for today's game.

007 Mickey Weir
11-12-2021, 12:22 PM
Macey

MacGregor Gogic Porto

Cadden Doyle-Hayes Newell Doig

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Stonewall
11-12-2021, 12:25 PM
Always a bit of a conundrum with Allan.

I wasn't happy he was only given 8 minutes against Motherwell, but he then ruined any argument I had by playing 45 against Livi and making little difference.

Not alone there, obviously, but no 'magic bullet' performance either.

One excellent bit of tracking his runner and cutting out a near post cross tbf.

Moulin Yarns
11-12-2021, 12:47 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1469664515654627338?t=iX3TPSlFyYJz8evmIpDbvA&s=19

Magpie
11-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Joe Newell captain today. Surprised it’s not Daz or Lewis.

Wakeyhibee
11-12-2021, 12:51 PM
4-5-1 ?

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Some big calls in that team.

Understand bringing Lewis back in for a bit experience maybe.

Newell captain is a strange choice.

I’m not a fan of gogic either and fail to see what he brings to the team especially this season. Runs about like a bit of a headless chicken and not sure I’ve seen a player as bad with the ball at his feet.

I suppose we’ve been calling for changes

Magpie
11-12-2021, 12:55 PM

I’m not a fan of gogic either and fail to see what he brings to the team especially this season. Runs about like a bit of a headless chicken and not sure I’ve seen a player as bad with the ball at his feet.

Would have liked Doidge up top. Can only assume he’s still not fully fit?

Crab apple
11-12-2021, 12:56 PM

He looked far from fit on Wednesday.

Smartie
11-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Well, what we’ve been doing hasn’t been working and it’s a bit different.

I’d have probably slaughtered this team if Jack Ross had picked it, and the key factor - I don’t think any team that plays Kevin Nisbet up front on his own will score enough goals or pick up enough points.

It feels like a bit of an opportunity missed to really shake it up and go for something quite radical - although I accept we’re very low on options.

Allant1981
11-12-2021, 01:01 PM
He looked far from fit on Wednesday.

Will be a good few weeks before he is fully fit id imagine, he has been out for ages with a serious injury

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 01:02 PM

Aye he must be. If he’s fit I would’ve had him in

Team looks like SDG’s trying to put his stamp on it a bit. Hopefully pays off

B.H.F.C
11-12-2021, 01:02 PM

I’d have probably slaughtered this team if Jack Ross had picked it, and the key factor - I don’t think any team that plays a Kevin Nisbet up front on his own will score enough goals or pick up enough points.

It feels like a bit of an opportunity missed to really shake it up and go for something quite radical - although I accept we’re very low on options.

With the exception of Stevenson for Doig any change is an enforced one.

The two players hooked at half time the other day start. Always thought he’d play Stevenson but, otherwise, very little changed I don’t think.

h1bs4life
11-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Would have kept Doig in the team . Not a lot of choice but looks like a team to battle and fight hopefully scrape through with 3 points which is what it is all about

Jones28
Very interesting selections.

Callum_62
Enforced changes at the back and pretty similar up top

To be honest we dont have alot we can change

Callum_62
11-12-2021, 01:06 PM
Very interesting selections.In what way?

Only change not forced is Lewis in for Doig?

Yorkshire HFC
11-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Onwards and upwards. Hopefully we can get some positive momentum in these games before next Sunday.

Hibernian Verse
11-12-2021, 01:12 PM

Newell captaining probably isn’t a strange choice for the team or coaches, given that he has been given the captaincy. I doubt it was a name out the hat decision.

Smartie
In what way?

I find it fairly interesting that he hasn’t chosen to change too much.

It doesn’t suggest “stamp authority all over the team and audition for the job myself” if that was ever the suggestion.

Interesting overlooking a couple of his pals and contemporaries for the captaincy.

shamo9
Relieved that Porteous isn't injured. Hopefully we can get to the final with a fully fit squad (minus Magennis).

Jones28
In what way?

Gogic in was interesting, instead of Allan or Murphy.

Newall as captain when we have 2 stalwarts on the pitch.

Doidge not coming in, fitness related no doubt but I though he might have been used today.

Doig dropped is a strange one.

Tambo
11-12-2021, 01:13 PM
4-5-1 ?

Looks that way with maybe Campbell a little more advanced to support Nisbet, could even be 4-3-3.

Hope Gogic can have a good game and protect the back 4 which will hopefully allow Newell to advance forward more with the ball.

Looking for something different today playwise and a little luck maybe.

Callum_62
11-12-2021, 01:16 PM

Doidge not coming in, fitness related no doubt but I though he might have been used today.

Doig dropped is a strange one.Gogic for JDH is more of a same same I guess (just technically signficantly worse [emoji23])

No way could we swap JDH for Allan

Allan for Campbell probably but no where where harsessing and chasing is required

Dmas
11-12-2021, 01:16 PM

Saw it the same, I was wondering a couple weeks back if gogic is the reason we can no longer get defend balls into the box not that I think he’s good in the air just more of a presence that the other mids really time will tell on that theory

Blurhibee
11-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know how you get the link to watch the game online?

skyehibee
11-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Glad Gogic is back in. We’ve needed him in midfield to break up play and do more of the dirty work Newell doesn’t do.

Hibernian Verse
11-12-2021, 01:22 PM
Glad Gogic is back in. We’ve needed him in midfield to break up play and do more of the dirty work Newell doesn’t do.

Hopefully it allows Newell to try and influence the game further forward

PPZPOL
11-12-2021, 01:23 PM

Felt like he was used as a scapegoat after Celtic game, Rogic went by him a couple of times no doubt and drew fouls, due to this it looked like he was off the pace but he was literally the only player to get close enough to someone in the first 30 mins to give a foul away.

Onceinawhile
11-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Really disappointed in the decision to make Joe newell captain. A ridiculous decision imo.

CentreLine
11-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Think this team choice puts to bed the frustration aimed at Jack Ross fir failing to pick Scott Allan as a starter. We all know Allan is a fabulous player on his day and would love to see that Scott Allan on the pitch. The coaching staff know where Allan is in relation to his medical conditions and he plays when he’s fully fit. We cannot take risks with a man’s life yet people use his omission as a stick to beat the club and management

Callum_62
11-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Really disappointed in the decision to make Joe newell captain. A ridiculous decision imo.Why?

gaz1875
11-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Felt like he was used as a scapegoat after Celtic game, Rogic went by him a couple of times no doubt and drew fouls, due to this it looked like he was off the pace but he was literally the only player to get close enough to someone in the first 30 mins to give a foul away.

Agreed. He was the scapegoat in a lot of games people missing the work he puts in but noticing a couple of poor passes. At least he tries to get involved and starts the press (when we had one).

CentreLine
11-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Really disappointed in the decision to make Joe newell captain. A ridiculous decision imo.

Isn’t it time to actually start trusting the skills of our coaching staff and management team? We have so many experts on this site I hope they are applying for the head coach/manager role.

MWHIBBIES
11-12-2021, 01:30 PM
I find it fairly interesting that he hasn’t chosen to change too much.

It doesn’t suggest “stamp authority all over the team and audition for the job myself” if that was ever the suggestion.

Interesting overlooking a couple of his pals and contemporaries for the captaincy.

It's a good sign he didn't drop our good players for lesser ones to "stamp authority". We don't have better alternatives to guys like newall.

gaz1875
11-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know how you get the link to watch the game online?

I've just taken it on St Mirren TV £12.50.

Blurhibee
11-12-2021, 01:32 PM
I've just taken it on St Mirren TV £12.50.

👍

Onceinawhile
11-12-2021, 01:33 PM
Why?

Hibernian FC*is fully aware and wholly condemns the actions of Joe Newell. ... Hibernian FC expects the highest standards of responsible behaviour from its players and staff. This has been firmly reinforced to the player. This will now remain a private matter and Hibernian FC will make no further comment.

Yet we reward him with the captaincy less than 2 weeks later?

Onceinawhile
11-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Isn’t it time to actually start trusting the skills of our coaching staff and management team? We have so many experts on this site I hope they are applying for the head coach/manager role.

No issue with him as a player, but he shouldn't be captain.

If I see dave any time soon, I'll be telling him too.

Fergus52
11-12-2021, 01:35 PM

Newell made significantly more tackles and interceptions per game last season than Gogic

Jones28
11-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Gogic for JDH is more of a same same I guess (just technically signficantly worse [emoji23])

No way could we swap JDH for Allan

Allan for Campbell probably but no where where harsessing and chasing is required

Making Newall captain was the strangest one tbh, convicted for drunk driving 2 weeks ago but he has the armband today?

gaz1875
11-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Newell made significantly more tackles and interceptions per game last season than Gogic

Is this a fact? or a .Net Fact?

Hibee Mac
11-12-2021, 01:37 PM
Am I missing something, why no JDH even on the bench? He's not suspended is he?

That's a bold choice. Not that I'm disappointed tbh as he's been slowing the play down far too much recently.

Formations reads 451/433 but I'd like to think it's really just Gogic sitting with Newell and others pushing further forward. I.e. similar formation but more adventurous style of play maybe? Wishful thinking??

Allant1981
11-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Am I missing something, why no JDH even on the bench? He's not suspended is he?

That's a bold choice. Not that I'm disappointed tbh as he's been slowing the play down far too much recently.

Formations reads 451/433 but I'd like to think it's really just Gogic sitting with Newell and others pushing further forward. I.e. similar formation but more adventurous style of play maybe? Wishful thinking??

He is injured

ancient hibee
11-12-2021, 01:41 PM

I’d have probably slaughtered this team if Jack Ross had picked it, and the key factor - I don’t think any team that plays Kevin Nisbet up front on his own will score enough goals or pick up enough points.

Why is it so called Hibs supporters always want to slaughter our players? I'd be very interested in your radical options.

ancient hibee
11-12-2021, 01:47 PM

He know he'll get performances from the stalwarts-he doesn't need to gee them up but making Newell captain may encourage him.

silverhibee
11-12-2021, 01:50 PM
In what way?

Why has Doig been dropped, seems a strange one to me.

silverhibee
11-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Making Newall captain was the strangest one tbh, convicted for drunk driving 2 weeks ago but he has the armband today?

:agree:

Lewis or Daz should be captaining the team today.

silverhibee
11-12-2021, 01:57 PM
A must win game after seeing the league table.

Steve88
11-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Hope the audio in the stream gets sorted out...

silverhibee
11-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Hope the audio in the stream gets sorted out...

Seems better now :greengrin

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 02:02 PM
Didn’t realise st mirren had such a poor winless run. Could they have hoped to play a better team

SteveHFC
11-12-2021, 02:02 PM
Not a lot of fans at the game.

HH81
11-12-2021, 02:03 PM

2 weeks off Xmas and week before an expensive day out at a final.

To be expected mate.

SteveHFC
11-12-2021, 02:04 PM
2 weeks off Xmas and week before an expensive day out at a final.

To be expected mate.

I’m not there mate. First Hibs game I’ve missed for a long time.

Coco Bryce
11-12-2021, 02:04 PM

You do know we're on a ***** run 😉

Smartie
11-12-2021, 02:06 PM
Why is it so called Hibs supporters always want to slaughter our players? I'd be very interested in your radical options.

I’d rather not be slaughtering anyone, but our form and results have been dreadful.

We all have an opinion on why that might be.

My opinion - Nisbet up front in his own with Campbell the most advanced midfielder will never create or score enough goals.

If we must play Nisbet (and I’d be reluctant to do so) I’d try to set up a team so he plays up front in a 2 - cobbling something together with Doidge, Boyle, Murphy or even Drey Wright or Gullan up there with him.

I’m somewhere between thinking Nisbet is a waste of space and thinking he’s being hung out to dry.

I’d rather not pretend that what we’ve been producing has been good enough though. And to improve, I think we need to change.

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 02:07 PM
We’ve started quite well

Callum_62
11-12-2021, 02:15 PM
We’ve started quite wellAs we have most weeks

Let's hope we actually score first this time!

Ronniekirk
11-12-2021, 11:22 PM

He is way off being match fit Will be January imo before we start to see the best of him