PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross and Co: Big PAY OFF

Still Smiling
09-12-2021, 12:42 PM
I’m sure JR just signed a new contract extension! What will that cost Hibs and our playing budget?

Fuzzywuzzy
09-12-2021, 12:44 PM
Extended to 2024

sleeping giant
09-12-2021, 12:47 PM
3 months salary i think.
That was the talk when Appleton was in for it.

sleeping giant
09-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Extended to 2024

It doesnt mean that will all be paid up.
There would have been an agreement on severence before he took the job.

GreenPJ
09-12-2021, 12:50 PM
I’m sure JR just signed a new contract extension! What will that cost Hibs and our playing budget?

I think the preferred modus operandi these days is to continue to pay the manager on a monthly basis until they get a new job. It may be if new job doesn't pay as well then Hibs would still pick up the difference but if structured in that way it would help mitigate the spend. All depends on what was in the contract.

jeffers
09-12-2021, 12:56 PM
I think the preferred modus operandi these days is to continue to pay the manager on a monthly basis until they get a new job. It may be if new job doesn't pay as well then Hibs would still pick up the difference but if structured in that way it would help mitigate the spend. All depends on what was in the contract.

Isn’t that what happened with Butcher ? And I think with Levein with the Scotland job. I hope that’s not the case with Ross.

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Isn’t that what happened with Butcher ? And I think with Levein with the Scotland job. I hope that’s not the case with Ross.

That shameless **** Butcher continued to take money after being sacked, yes.

Irish_Steve
09-12-2021, 01:15 PM

Not defending Butcher but if you had a contract for a job and got punted, wouldn’t you want it paid up, I know I would

Libby Hibby
09-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Usually paid up to the end of the season that they have left a particular football club.

Source: Current SPFL manager

Spudster
09-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Not defending Butcher but if you had a contract for a job and got punted, wouldn’t you want it paid up, I know I would

I'm trying to think of the normal job equivalent of Butchers time at Hibs. A Tesco shelf stacker who lost the stock, knocked over the shelves and pissed off every customer they had. No I would not expect them not to continue being paid!

BoomtownHibees
09-12-2021, 01:34 PM
A Tesco shelf stacker who pissed on every customer

Gary Locke?

Winston Ingram
09-12-2021, 01:34 PM
3 months salary i think.
That was the talk when Appleton was in for it.

I've been told by a Hibs employee today that it's 6 months.

It's never been our policy to pay up full contracts unless JR managed to hypnotise RG to remove it. Pretty sure Hecky only got 3 months.

Yorkshire HFC
09-12-2021, 01:37 PM

Quite right too - and I hope Ross does the same. It might make them think before sacking the next manager.

Steven79
09-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Quite right too - and I hope Ross does the same. It might make them think before sacking the next manager.

Yeah Butcher earned every penny...

hibeerealist
09-12-2021, 11:27 PM

Give it it a rest you sound like you hate the club, or are you related to JR??

tamig
09-12-2021, 11:49 PM

What a nonsensical comment. If a manager underperforms we can’t dare to sack him if he still has a lengthy term left on his contract? What happens if he were to lose, say, fifteen games on the bounce?

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2021, 12:02 AM
Quite right for contracts to be paid up regardless of performance. As long as no breach of contract has happened, no alternative.

LaMotta
10-12-2021, 12:06 AM
So if we are able to pay up Ross for 6 months or until end of season....how does that fit in with talk of an extension until 2024. I'm struggling to understand how that works as Ross doesn't really have a contract until then?

Callum_62
10-12-2021, 12:09 AM
No one will really know but likely something in there covering payout period of sacked

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
10-12-2021, 12:27 AM

Zero is the answer to the last point the playing budget won’t be impacted

Skol
10-12-2021, 06:05 AM
A football manager is different to any other job. Clubs and managers know that. Employment tribunals would not allow sackings like this without compensation. Thus the terms are agreed contractually up front and both parties accept that. Either that or they negotiate and agree

Winston Ingram
10-12-2021, 06:15 AM
So if we are able to pay up Ross for 6 months or until end of season....how does that fit in with talk of an extension until 2024. I'm struggling to understand how that works as Ross doesn't really have a contract until then?

He did have a contract til then but we have clauses in for every manager that if they are sacked, they only get paid for a certain period. Ross gets 6 months. Hecky only got 3 months.

Winston Ingram
10-12-2021, 06:16 AM

You've spouted some absolute p!sh the last couple of days. This tops the lot.

madhatter
10-12-2021, 06:21 AM

Back the manager, sack the club!

Burn down the club, our beloved King has left!

I like Jack Ross but hoping he teaches the club a lesson is a little worrying.

Yorkshire HFC
10-12-2021, 06:28 AM
You've spouted some absolute p!sh the last couple of days. This tops the lot.

Oh well. I've allowed myself one day on the removal of Jack Ross.

Today is a new day - we've a couple of games and then a cup final to look forward to. That's the beauty of football, there's always the promise of a better day ahead.

Helensburghhibs
10-12-2021, 06:51 AM
A football manager is different to any other job. Clubs and managers know that. Employment tribunals would not allow sackings like this without compensation. Thus the terms are agreed contractually up front and both parties accept that. Either that or they negotiate and agree

That really depends on the discipline procedure carried out. If you are under performing in your role, and a company follow the warning procedure then there's nothing for a tribunal to look at

nlandsafchibee
10-12-2021, 09:32 AM
Quite right for contracts to be paid up regardless of performance. As long as no breach of contract has happened, no alternative.

Whilst we can only guess what is in the contract ,in normal circumstances where no breach has occured then the employer is liable for the total term and amount.Ron wanted him to sign an extension to tie him down longer and that was more security for JR so then it was win win for each other .
I am sure if any people on this thread lost their jobs they would want full payment of their contract. In reality they both might agree a compromise if he gets a job .Again I stress this in normal circumstances without any clauses in a normal contract.Personally I hope he gets everything he is entitled as the effort,workload and dedication to the club in his time has been enormous in difficult circumstances .He also agreed to reduction in salary to help clubs cash flow.Did the players get back what they gave up ?

mjhibby
10-12-2021, 10:16 AM
Logically the parties come to an agreement or the departing manager doesn't get anything till an agreement is reached. Many clubs really shaft managers but I don't think we are likely to do that. I'd guess 12 months pay. Dont think Ross is short of a bob or two and I'm fairly confident he'll be employed again within the 12 months.

Lendo
10-12-2021, 12:28 PM
A lot of “new” old poster coming out of the woodwork the last few days. Mostly from 2016, all with really low posting counts. Seems a bit strange.

heretoday
10-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Logically the parties come to an agreement or the departing manager doesn't get anything till an agreement is reached. Many clubs really shaft managers but I don't think we are likely to do that. I'd guess 12 months pay. Dont think Ross is short of a bob or two and I'm fairly confident he'll be employed again within the 12 months.
And he's sure to return and beat us with whatever his new club is.
I think he'll get a good reception at ER.

pacoluna
10-12-2021, 01:23 PM

They shouldn't be paid up, there should be an agreement in place that if a manager does no meet objectives then a severance package should be given to a certain amount.

Absolutely ridiculous that those who fail get full contracts paid out.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2021, 01:26 PM
They shouldn't be paid up, there should be an agreement in place that if a manager does no meet objectives then a severance package should be given to a certain amount.

Absolutely ridiculous that those who fail get full contracts paid out.

Which might well be the case. If that isn't in place, the contract is correctly paid in full.

pacoluna
10-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Which might well be the case. If that isn't in place, the contract is correctly paid in full.

I can't imagine with RG's business acumen that this wouldn't be in place.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2021, 01:31 PM
I can't imagine with RG's business acumen that this wouldn't be in place.

I mean, its not in place at clubs with far richer owners than Gordon. We've really no idea.

Ray_
10-12-2021, 03:46 PM
I thought it was yearly rolling contract extension that he signed so whether he left for elsewhere or was tin tacked, the compensation would be restricted to a year either way?

Eyrie
10-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Contracts cut both ways.

Ross was contracted to Hibs, so he couldn't just walk out if he got a better offer elsewhere without us getting compensation.

The flip side of that is that we have to pay his contract, even if he isn't producing the required results, and if the contract states he gets x months if we fire him, then that is his equivalent compensation.

LaMotta
11-12-2021, 07:49 AM
He did have a contract til then but we have clauses in for every manager that if they are sacked, they only get paid for a certain period. Ross gets 6 months. Hecky only got 3 months.

Ta:aok: