PDA

View Full Version : Next manager poll

Diclonius
09-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Taken off the usual odds sites plus a wee wildcard.

Since452
09-12-2021, 12:43 PM
Voted someone else. Grim selection.

Jim44
09-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Someone else for me. I think Jack Ross is better than every one listed.

WeeRussell
09-12-2021, 12:53 PM
What bookie did you get the list from Diclonius please? Haven’t seen any yet and curious, even though I’m aware it means relatively little right now!

hibsforeurope
Daniel F arke

HH81
Daniel FA RKE?

CapitalGreen
09-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Daniel FA RKE?

New Besiktas manager

hibsforeurope
09-12-2021, 01:00 PM
New Besiktas manager

that was a short lived idea then

Steve88
09-12-2021, 01:02 PM
God help them if any of the managers on that list get the Hibs job, 41% on here currently want someone else - already up against it:rotflmao:

ian cruise
09-12-2021, 01:02 PM
What an uninspiring list of names. I'm really not sure who we'll get in, obviously whoever it is will get my backing but I'm setting myself up to be disappointed.

wookie70
09-12-2021, 01:05 PM
If that is the list I'll choose to reinstate Jack Ross. Course and distance with Hibs with a very successful season, knows the club and very professional. Did have a very bad 3 months but still beat The Rangers to get in a Cup Final during that time. Yes I am being a bit facetious but if it was yesterday before he was sacked I wouldn't want any of those replacing him so why would I want any today. I don't think we should be in any rush. Let SDG take charge and see what happens

Crab apple
09-12-2021, 01:15 PM
Not as manager but I'd like to see Ian Murray come back in some capacity. Done reasonably well with Airdrie and knows the Scottish scene.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Would absolutely love us to try for OGS. pie in the sky? Probably

Steve88
09-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Would absolutely love us to try for OGS. pie in the sky? Probably

Another modern football manager. 4-2-3-1 with two DM's against Ross County at Home, how inspiring..

(apologies for sounding like a grump but I'm totally fed up with "modern football" at hibs which is all about possession and being nice on the eye with no end product..)

Crammond Hibee
09-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Not as manager but I'd like to see Ian Murray come back in some capacity. Done reasonably well with Airdrie and knows the Scottish scene.

Me too

HoboHarry
09-12-2021, 01:24 PM
**** me that's an awful list. If it's any of them I might buy an Aston Villa scarf......

GordonHFC
09-12-2021, 01:35 PM
How about Shaun Maloney?

Winston Ingram
09-12-2021, 01:37 PM
Surprised there's so many going for Goodwin. The St Mirren fans i follow on Twitter would be quite happy if he got his jotters

Ringothedog
09-12-2021, 01:38 PM

Was behind me at the game last night

Tyler Durden
09-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Another modern football manager. 4-2-3-1 with two DM's against Ross County at Home, how inspiring..

(apologies for sounding like a grump but I'm totally fed up with "modern football" at hibs which is all about possession and being nice on the eye with no end product..)

Not really sure what you're basing this on..... modern football at the top level is more about intensity and pressing, dominating by winning the ball back quickly.

Hibs under Jack Ross were never about those things but neither was his team focused on possession or being nice on the eye.

A modern manager would be ideal IMO. Not that I want the guy at Hibs but look at Dundee Utd this season under Tam Courts. He's a modern manager with a plan and their football is massively better now than what the old school Micky Mellon served up last year with the same squad.

Tyler Durden
09-12-2021, 01:54 PM

No offence to Ian Murray but being a solid manager in League One these days has little relevance to being head coach at Hibs. He's had his shot at a higher level and was out his depth. I think he'll continue to do well in the lower leagues to be fair - no disgrace in that.

Greencore
09-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Dick Campbell.

Green_one
09-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Uninspiring list. Many are just names and not feasible candidates.

It’s going to be a tough Xmas

Moulin Yarns
09-12-2021, 02:23 PM
What's Jürgen Klopp doing these days? :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2021, 02:28 PM
That’s a grim read eh?

Unseen work
09-12-2021, 02:45 PM
McInnes
Alex Neil

Or someone none of us had thought of.

Whether it’s a young manager making his way in the game or a foreign manager. Both have huge risks though.

WhileTheChief..
09-12-2021, 02:50 PM
OGS.

Just had a big pay off from Utd so doesn’t need the cash and apparently he’s dead keen to work with SDG again!

Absolutely not Alex Neil. Just no. He’s way more suited to Hearts.

Greenbeard
09-12-2021, 02:57 PM
F de Vanno

Shrekko
09-12-2021, 02:57 PM

You better get used to it - it's what teams play these days... no exceptions- just levels of competence.

Spudster
09-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Surprised at the rejection of Callum Davidson. Is his style of football not related to the situation inherited and team he has/had? Achieved a miracle at STJ from a team that was in serious danger of going down.

Gatecrasher
09-12-2021, 03:12 PM
Alex Neil for me, he had Hamilton playing good football when they put us down and on a very small budget as well. he held his own in England, much better than JR IMO. I wouldn't mind Davidson either, he's done a grand job at St. Johnstone.

H18 SFR
09-12-2021, 03:36 PM
Despite living in Ayr now I work with an Aberdeen fan who was laughing saying enjoy the football with McInnes. I’ve got the fear.

Cat Stanton
09-12-2021, 03:39 PM
Genuine (slightly confused) question: what's the negativity from some people about Alex Neil? I would have thought a good choice?

Admittedly I don't watch English football so maybe I'm missing something. A google suggests that even when sacked by Preston, the fans thought well of him:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/alex-neil-leaves-pne-confirmed.3432970/

H18 SFR
09-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Genuine (slightly confused) question: what's the negativity from some people about Alex Neil? I would have thought a good choice?

Admittedly I don't watch English football so maybe I'm missing something. A google suggests that even when sacked by Preston, the fans thought well of him:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/alex-neil-leaves-pne-confirmed.3432970/

His win percentage rate is significantly lower than Jack Ross’ for a start.

DIXIHIBS
09-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Despite living in Ayr now I work with an Aberdeen fan who was laughing saying enjoy the football with McInnes. I’ve got the fear.

Mcinnes had aberdeen winning games. Thats all most of us want for hibs. If its entertaining as well, thats a bonus. It took dons fans quite a few years to get fed up with winning games/ crap football. Very few managers last more than 2/3 years before moving on/ sacked. Id take mcinnes and a winning team ahead of entertainment right now.

Unseen work
09-12-2021, 03:44 PM

He was managing Norwich in the championship and Premiership and then Preston in the championship.

Jack Ross managed Sunderland in league 1.

Cmon, you can’t surely say it’s comparable

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Meaningless though. Ross has a better win percentage than Bielsa.

BoomtownHibees
09-12-2021, 03:53 PM

At completely different clubs who were at completely different levels

Stonewall
09-12-2021, 04:17 PM
Mcinnes had aberdeen winning games. Thats all most of us want for hibs. If its entertaining as well, thats a bonus. It took dons fans quite a few years to get fed up with winning games/ crap football. Very few managers last more than 2/3 years before moving on/ sacked. Id take mcinnes and a winning team ahead of entertainment right now.

I would be okay with McInnes too.

I think the football only got really eye bleeding in the last few years of his tenure as he got his best players continually sold from underneath him and replaced with inferior ones.

Actually seen them play at Pittodrie a few times and the football wasn’t too bad.

NC1875
09-12-2021, 04:24 PM

Although Jack Ross has never managed in the English championship or premiership.

What are you basing your stats on ? Overall as a manager ?

Can’t believe there are people saying they’d rather have Jack Ross than Alex Neil. Jack Ross will never manage in the premier league for a start.

Since452
09-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Really hope it isn't Alex Neil

Coco Bryce
09-12-2021, 04:31 PM
Regardless of who it will be, people still wont be happy. Unless it's someone with Champions League experience 🙄

HoboHarry
09-12-2021, 04:47 PM
Regardless of who it will be, people still wont be happy. Unless it's someone with Champions League experience 🙄

And then they'll want him fired the first time we lose against a "wee team"

A Hi-Bee
09-12-2021, 04:59 PM

Neil Lennon has Champions League experience, said before he would get some fight and passion back into this team, the smelic would sheite themselves as well, give him the rest o the season.
:greengrin

HH81
09-12-2021, 05:02 PM
that was a short lived idea then

I just did a google search wasn't aware he had gone to Turkey.

RossScott1991
09-12-2021, 05:04 PM
What about Ronny Deila.

Plenty of personality there. 1 game away from clinching New York’s first ever title win in the MLS.

Mind you not sure he would want to swap New York for Leith…

Diclonius
09-12-2021, 05:05 PM

Imagine the look on McInnes' face when he finds out a six man defence doesn't work for Hibs away at Tynecastle.

Montford
09-12-2021, 06:35 PM

I think the football only got really eye bleeding in the last few years of his tenure as he got his best players continually sold from underneath him and replaced with inferior ones.

Actually seen them play at Pittodrie a few times and the football wasn’t too bad.

Take it you never saw how McInness set his teams up in his cup finals or major games.
Always played not to lose first. And invariably lost every game
Shudder at the thought of McInnes
Another Scottish managerial merrygoround appointment
Usually end up the same way as Ross

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2021, 06:36 PM

This is not true. Aberdeen lost a lot of their good players because they refused to sell them and they left for nothing. Even the ones they did sell they held out for big big money, or turned down big money before.

ekhibee
09-12-2021, 06:38 PM
I heard about some Swiss guy that's been coaching in the USA, he's been mentioned as a possible in some betting circles. Did well with Basle.

Libby Hibby
09-12-2021, 06:43 PM
Really hope it isn't Alex Neil

Why not out of interest?

HoboHarry
09-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Why not out of interest?
Because yet again he has two first names.....

judas
09-12-2021, 07:02 PM
Ron to bring his own man over from the states I would posit.

Watch this space.

Since90+2
09-12-2021, 07:04 PM

Watch this space.

If he's an American he might struggle to get a work permit.

bingo70
09-12-2021, 07:22 PM

I wondered about that but Celtic got a work permit for their manager so why not?

greenlex
09-12-2021, 07:43 PM

Watch this space.
If its not Ted and Beard I’ll be underwhelmed to be honest.

Stonewall
09-12-2021, 08:09 PM
This is not true. Aberdeen lost a lot of their good players because they refused to sell them and they left for nothing. Even the ones they did sell they held out for big big money, or turned down big money before.

…and was that McIness’s fault? Fact is over a period of years he lost most of his best players and wasn’t given the resources to replace them.

I married into a family of Dons fans and they don’t blame McInnes for this.

HoboHarry
09-12-2021, 08:11 PM
…and was that McIness’s fault? Fact is over a period of years he lost most of his best players and wasn’t given the resources to replace them.

I married into a family of Dons fans and they don’t blame McInnes for this.
What did you do that for? I was born into a family of Dons fans so I had no choice.......:greengrin

Since90+2
09-12-2021, 08:14 PM
I wondered about that but Celtic got a work permit for their manager so why not?

I think as he was previously Australian manager he probably qualifies for an exception. I'd imagine it's similar to international players will get permits and relative unknowns won't.

It would need to be someone pretty high profile to get a visa IMO.

Brightside
09-12-2021, 08:18 PM

Ron has no man in the states to bring over. It’s not like he was running an MLS team before he came to us.

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 08:18 PM
I think as he was previously Australian manager he probably qualifies for an exception. I'd imagine it's similar to international players will get permits and relative unknowns won't.

It would need to be someone pretty high profile to get a visa IMO.
We got a visa for muller.

bingo70
09-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Ron has no man in the states to bring over. It’s not like he was running an MLS team before he came to us.

I think his son will be involved in the recruitment process and he’s the one with contacts in the MLS.

Since90+2
09-12-2021, 08:20 PM
We got a visa for muller.

He's an American international.

hibeerealist
09-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Meaningless though. Ross has a better win percentage than Bielsa.

Jeezo, is it happy clapping or just total ignorance of football. Let me help you - apples and pears??

davhibby
09-12-2021, 08:23 PM

He’s not got anywhere enough caps for that to make a difference. Aberdeen signed Ramirez in the summer as well. It’s pretty easy for top flight clubs in Scotland to get work permits.

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 08:23 PM
I thought a player had to have played in a certain amount of games for their country.

brog
09-12-2021, 08:25 PM

I've been hugely impressed with McInnes in his role as pundit. Balanced, knowledgeable and comes across really well. I've pretty much done a 180 degree turn in my perception of him.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
If its not Ted and Beard I’ll be underwhelmed to be honest.

We all know that Nate was the brains behind those two 😏

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-12-2021, 08:32 PM
I’d like us to have a look at Scandinavian shores as there could be some good candidates there.

#2 Double Tap
09-12-2021, 08:38 PM
I thought a player had to have played in a certain amount of games for their country.

that is one requirement,
someone who is a full international and has played a certain % of his countries last games is automatically accepted, but there are other factors. I think, but am not 100% sure, that it is a points based system, you score points for certain things, stuff such as the standard of league/team they are coming from or if they are perceived as having a huge talent/potential are also taken into consideration.

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 08:46 PM
Jeezo, is it happy clapping or just total ignorance of football. Let me help you - apples and pears??
That’s exactly the point I was making, you can’t compare managers based on stats alone. Do you just follow me around looking to insult me? Every post I’ve ever replied to from you has been you either calling me something or insulting me. I’m not really that fussed because you always end up in the silver medal position in our little disagreements, just like you’ve done with this post. Carry on if you like but you really need to up your game as it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 08:47 PM
that is one requirement,
someone who is a full international and has played a certain % of his countries last games is automatically accepted, but there are other factors. I think, but am not 100% sure, that it is a points based system, you score points for certain things, stuff such as the standard of league/team they are coming from or if they are perceived as having a huge talent/potential are also taken into consideration.
Thanks.

WeeRussell
09-12-2021, 08:56 PM

I think that was kind of the point….

Alex Neil’s win percentage at Hamilton was better than Jack Ross’ at Hibs was it not? I’m not a stickler for these stats but seeing as you’re keen on comparing the right types of fruits.

09-12-2021, 09:04 PM

There's the Exceptions Panel.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-still-able-to-recruit-overseas-players-after-visa-u-turn-3484646

TelaStella
09-12-2021, 09:12 PM
Great opportunity for me to ask how these things actually work? Going through Tapatalk there’s never an option to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Percy Vere
09-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Last time fans got their way we got Monsieur Sauzee hmmm
Think there was also a lot of folk pro Collins. Both great Hibs players but awful managers.
I’ll leave it to Ron and Kinsell thanks
Sorry to see Jack go.

penihibs
09-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Don't agree with you, Collins won a cup with us and played some great stuff under him.
All about opinions.