PDA

View Full Version : The players

Weegreenman
09-12-2021, 10:08 AM
It’s time to step it up or it’ll be your names we’ll singing for you to go next!

Some of you have been an absolute disgrace this season. Performance levels have been shockingly poor from a number of you!

You ought to be embarrassed that you’ve helped get Jack Ross the sack.

Absolutely gutless!

Hang your heads in shame!

easty
09-12-2021, 10:11 AM
It’s time to step it up or it’ll be your names we’ll singing for you to go next!

Some of you have been an absolute disgrace this season. Performance levels have been shockingly poor from a number of you!

Absolutely gutless!

The players do need to get the finger out, but I'll never be singing anything like that. Ever.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 10:30 AM

Absolutely gutless!

He picked the players knowing their attitude.

cabbageandribs1875
09-12-2021, 09:43 PM
i'm still pi$$ed at the players from their pathetic attempt against St Johnstone in the SC final last season

:(

S4uzee
09-12-2021, 09:51 PM
The players do need to get the finger out, but I'll never be singing anything like that. Ever.

Exactly, no matter how much you dislike or disagree with a manager/player, that should never be heard from our own support

truehibernian
09-12-2021, 10:04 PM
Also time for those with 'niggles' or 'he's a little bit off match fitness' to grow a pair, have some minerals, and play football, train harder, and get fitter. Far too many players in modern football don't have an inner core mentally and feel that a wee tweak is enough to keep them out for a few matches. I've been around a few pros who feel the same, that there are certain players who have an attitude that missing a game or two isn't a problem and they play on an 'injury'. I think we have a fair few of them at Hibs to be brutally honest.

Maybe I'm showing my age, maybe being unfair, but look back at when football was played on churned up pitches in wintery November and teams in the top flight only had two subs..........can you imagine turning to your captain Willie Miller, Paul Hegarty or Roy Aitken and saying 'skipper I've a wee knock, think I'll miss out the next few games'............I swear down, anyone who says football has changed and players are fitter these days, tell that to the likes of big Doug Rougvie, Paul Sturrock, Graeme Souness and the likes.

Modern day players have never had it so good, and many take the lilian gish out of clubs and fans. :agree: maybe an old school attitude I know, but it's what I see these days and not just at Hibs.

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Also time for those with 'niggles' or 'he's a little bit off match fitness' to grow a pair, have some minerals, and play football, train harder, and get fitter. Far too many players in modern football don't have an inner core mentally and feel that a wee tweak is enough to keep them out for a few matches. I've been around a few pros who feel the same, that there are certain players who have an attitude that missing a game or two isn't a problem and they play on an 'injury'. I think we have a fair few of them at Hibs to be brutally honest.

Maybe I'm showing my age, maybe being unfair, but look back at when football was played on churned up pitches in wintery November and teams in the top flight only had two subs..........can you imagine turning to your captain Willie Miller, Paul Hegarty or Roy Aitken and saying 'skipper I've a wee knock, think I'll miss out the next few games'............I swear down, anyone who says football has changed and players are fitter these days, tell that to the likes of big Doug Rougvie, Paul Sturrock, Graeme Souness and the likes.

Modern day players have never had it so good, and many take the lilian gish out of clubs and fans. :agree: maybe an old school attitude I know, but it's what I see these days and not just at Hibs.Spot on!

Too many players at Hibs are far too soft mentally and physically.

Once we went 1-0 down and missed the penalty they just gave up mentally.

They were 1-0 down to Livingston FFS with 70 minutes to go...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

CJHibby
09-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Bang on with the posts about players' shortcomings. I personally feel very sorry for JR as the players have got him sacked. We don't do the resolution side of the game very well. That should be a given..if we were getting beat unluckily or in spite of a fighting display fine but we just appear to give in when things go against us. That has to be the most immediate remit of the new incumbent of ER. I'd like Gordon Strachan as I'd expect him to have us playing more offensively but this needs to be allied with steel and determined effort.

SlickShoes
09-12-2021, 10:48 PM

Modern day players have never had it so good, and many take the lilian gish out of clubs and fans. :agree: maybe an old school attitude I know, but it's what I see these days and not just at Hibs.

That’s not how injuries work though. But sure have them play through and end their career, that would be a great decision.

BegbieHSC
09-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Agree with a lot of this.

I feel a lot for JR - sure, he had shortcomings, but these players have got to take some responsibility. Their appalling attitudes in recent weeks have played a part in putting Ross out a job, and they need a right boot up the arse, or they can go in January too.

Ross’ biggest shortcoming was probably not giving these players enough of a hard time, and looking for positives in their game, when in actual fact, they’ve deserved the Fergie hairdryer treatment. I hope they’re having a real hard look at themselves just now.

Heedersnvolleys
09-12-2021, 10:59 PM
No sympathy here for JR in this department. He brought in most of these players who he knew well and must known were treatment table players but still brought them in. I am more worried about the players he brought in he never played. What must the American guy be thinking?