PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross gone

Pages : [1] 2

we are hibs
09-12-2021, 07:57 AM
According to Daily Mailhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211209/e7bee703df05b9123ae7d32ef004c6ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
09-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Not surprising.

Time to move on.

Coco Bryce
09-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Yip. He's away.

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Is that definite or some sad sack mocking up a screen?

Mikey_1875
All the best Jack. Left us in a better position with decent foundations imo. Hopefully the new appointment can take us to the next level.

Greencore
Steve Kean to take over?

Hibs90
If Steve Kean is anywhere near that dugout I worry even more

Leitherhibs
09-12-2021, 08:02 AM
It takes you to a link for which there is no article, or record of it on their site and it was over 30mins ago. Don’t jump the gun here folks.

madhatter
Sad if true. Seems a genuinely nice guy. Always tends to end this way when manager says the same things every week while the building is burning down behind him. Message has been essentially "don't panic" for months and months.

04Sauzee
BREAKING! Jack Ross 'LEAVES Hibs' after defeat to Livingston leaves them with one win in nine

https://t.co/qosLNWmo8v https://t.co/fAkKAv0a9A

Sean1875
09-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Is that definite or some sad sack mocking up a screen?

Definite tweet - i thought it was a wind up account at first but its followed by the official Sky Sports twitter page and a couple of other journalists too so seems legit.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Is that Mail account legit?

Doesn't look it.

we are hibs
09-12-2021, 08:04 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10291789/Hibernian-sack-manager-Jack-Ross-following-defeat-Livingston.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Sacked

Auckland Hibs
It's also on FB, definitely gone.

Hibs90
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10291789/Hibernian-sack-manager-Jack-Ross-following-defeat-Livingston.html

Brightside
09-12-2021, 08:05 AM
I think it’s a real shame how this has developed. But we need to stop this slide.

FilipinoHibs
09-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Don't mess with Ron.

JimBHibees
Definite tweet - i thought it was a wind up account at first but its followed by the official Sky Sports twitter page and a couple of other journalists too so seems legit.

:aok:

Scottie
Another sad day for our club. After the run we’ve been on not surprising.

All the best Jack in the future.

Stuart93
I think it’s a real shame how this has developed. But we need to stop this slide.

Agree with this. Players ought to have a long hard look at themselves as well.

Hibernian Verse
09-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Don't mess with Ron.

Good swift action but I have to admit I thought he would be given the window. Alex Neil must be a shoe in.

Broxburn Greens
09-12-2021, 08:07 AM
Not surprised but a pity it didn’t work out, hoped he’d do good things. Like many before he got close but then lost his way.

Results driven business and results have been appalling.

Heisenberg
09-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Alex Neil written all over it.

Steve88
I don't want to come across as vindictive here but reading this was met with a sigh of relief and the slightest of smiles.

Not because I've wanted him gone for X amount of time but because there's been so much toxicity and negativity amongst the Hibernian support; At the games, on the terraces, social media and on here - Instead of being a collective support we've , at times, become two factions..

This club was reborn in 2016 and the foundations of what we've built on since then have been cracking recently.

The Jack Ross in Jack Ross out debate is settled.

It's time to unite. Time to support.

Sean1875
Alex Neil plz.

Coco Bryce
Alex Neil must have been lined up for this...

skyehibee
Surely has to be Alex Neil?

Yorkshire HFC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10291789/Hibernian-sack-manager-Jack-Ross-following-defeat-Livingston.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Sacked

I hope this story is not true. I don't see how that leaves us in a better position to a) win the Cup and b) get into Europe.

What happened about working through hard times to get stronger?

Why do we not learn from the past - constantly changing a manager does not work. We know this.

We just lurch into the unknown once again.

Borderhibbie76
09-12-2021, 08:09 AM
I feel really sorry for him tbh been let down badly by recruitment and the players most of which were here to get 3rd last season. But some fans have wanted rid of him for ages and he was always gonna get turfed after a bad run of form

Winston Ingram
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-ross-leaves-hibernian-one-25653343

JimBHibees
Alex Rae must have been lined up for this...

Surely tae fek that is a typo :greengrin

Coco Bryce
I don't want to come across as vindictive here but reading this was met with a sigh of relief and the slightest of smiles.

Not because I've wanted him gone for X amount of time but because there's been so much toxicity and negativity amongst the Hibernian support; At the games, on the terraces, social media and on here - Instead of being a collective support we've , at times, become two factions..

This club was reborn in 2016 and the foundations of what we've built on since then have been cracking recently.

The Jack Ross in Jack Ross out debate is settled.

It's time to unite. Time to support.

A clean slate. Let's get back to business :agree:

Winston Ingram
09-12-2021, 08:10 AM
I feel really sorry for him tbh been let down badly by recruitment and the players most of which were here to get 3rd last season. But some fans have wanted rid of him for ages and he was always gonna get turfed after a bad run of form

He let himself down. We may have had a bad window but he still has a very good squad

Stuart93

He’s let himself down as well BH. His subs/lack of subs and tactics have been baffling at times.

Iain G
Alex Neil written all over it.

More of the same then? Can't say he inspires me.

Hoping for a left field appointment to get some excitement flowing again :greengrin

Or can Ian Gordon coach? :wink:

SlickShoes
I hope this story is not true. I don't see how that leaves us in a better position to a) win the Cup and b) get into Europe.

Why do we not learn from the past - constantly changing a manager does not work. We know this.

This is just football now, the days of keeping a manager through thick and thin are long gone. If you go on a slide like we have then you will lose your job most likely, the only outliers are clubs that start the season expecting to be relegated with survival as their only goal.

Smartie
Any time a manager is sacked it is a sad day for the club.

I have mixed feelings. Jack Ross had a mixed record but imo had earned the right to take us for the cup final and to right the obvious wrongs in our squad during the January window.

The recent football cannot be defended but there’s something wrong with football when a manager can’t survive a bad run.

Something felt a bit funny about Alex Neil making the comments he did last night- almost as if he was auditioning for the role…

Tambo
Fresh start now. But good luck to the next manager with us folk 😂😂

Hibby Bairn
09-12-2021, 08:11 AM
Alex Neil a shoo in because he was on Sportsound last night 😄

Gloucester Hibs
Please please not Steve Kean even on an interim basis

Broxburn Greens

Agree with this.

Unfortunately there’s bad runs and then there’s catastrophic runs and our form is verging on the latter.

RG is ruthless mind… No messing around….

Coco Bryce
More of the same then? Can't say he inspires me.

Hoping for a left field appointment to get some excitement flowing again :greengrin

Or can Ian Gordon coach? :wink:

Nor me.

Results inspire me though :agree:

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 08:12 AM

Because he is available worked with our CEO and appears to want to manage in Scotland again

Auckland Hibs
Feel sorry for JR but with the players he has at his disposal we have seriously underperformed and someone has to be held accountable.

madhatter

We are doing the same by keeping Jack Ross as well - long contracts for players, unsuitable squad and a manager deciding who comes into the club. Every new manager means a rebuild because last manager didn't recruit what they wanted.

Lurching into the unknown is football. Its part of the reason football is so popular. Week to week it seems anything could happen on or off the field. Its a drama.

Coco Bryce
Surely tae fek that is a typo :greengrin

God you're quick!

Edited it right away :greengrin

Hibernian Verse

He's also worked with Ben Kensell before I think.

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 08:14 AM
God you're quick!

Edited it right away :greengrin

Almost had a heart attack when I saw it. Just imagine him in charge :greengrin

Smartie
09-12-2021, 08:14 AM
He let himself down. We may have had a bad window but he still has a very good squad

He has a core of good players that it’s almost impossible to make a good team out of.

A couple injured and we’re gubbed.

I don’t think he’s ever rotated well enough and I don’t love his chosen formation.

We’re a different prospect with 2-3 additions. We could also have done with 2-3 youngsters starting to bang on the door of the 1st team.

NC1875
09-12-2021, 08:15 AM
Hallelujah. And about time.

Coco Bryce
Almost had a heart attack when I saw it. Just imagine him in charge :greengrin

Imagine :sick:

S4uzee
I’ve been very critical of Jack Ross but as others have said he seems a good guy and if true I wish him all the best. I also think he deserved the right to take the team for the cup final as an almost make or break

PeeJay
Nothing on the official site - shouldn't we know about this?

mcohibs
09-12-2021, 08:16 AM
It's also on FB, definitely gone.

Must be true if it's on Facebook eh :greengrin

Sean1875
09-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Nothing on the official site - shouldn't we know about this?

Tbf, these things are always leaked in the press before its ever on official sites. I imagine there'll be an official statement about lunch time.

Broxburn Greens
09-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Still waiting on SSN to pick this up.

04Sauzee
09-12-2021, 08:18 AM
If we go through our usual lengthy recruitment process then I'd assume it will be Keane and Gray in the dugout.

If we are going for somebody who's available and knows the Scottish game we will be hiring Alex Neil or McInnes 👀👀

J-C
09-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Never nice seeing anyone lose their job but were on a shocking run and the buck stops with him. I was underwhelmed with him but gave him my backing as I do all Hibs managers.

The Modfather
09-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Sad it’s come to this but the right decision. Ross leaves good foundations for the next man. I think a key element to the next manager has to be what their style of football is. Particularly with the prices we are looking to charge it’s imperative that Hibs get the support bought in and enjoying Easter Road again.

JimboHibs
09-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Agree with this. Players ought to have a long hard look at themselves as well.

Never happen we reward our players with long contracts for being bang average it isnt meant to work like that.

04Sauzee
09-12-2021, 08:20 AM
Jack Ross has left Hibs after last night's 1-0 defeat to Livingston continued their dire run of form. More to come throughout the day @STVSport

Heisenberg
09-12-2021, 08:21 AM
If we go through our usual lengthy recruitment process then I'd assume it will be Keane and Gray in the dugout.

If we are going for somebody who's available and knows the Scottish game we will be hiring Alex Neil or McInnes 👀👀

I only see it being between these two. Would be astonished if we went for someone untested or that would be a risk given the state of our squad and the need for a big January.

Booked4Being-Ugly
Jack Ross had to go but everyone at Hibs needs to take a good look at themselves from the board down to the players.

Hope the players are happy they managed to chuck the manager under the bus for their recent performances. That’s what happens when you can’t be arsed turning up.

JimboHibs
Sad it’s come to this but the right decision. Ross leaves good foundations for the next man. I think a key element to the next manager has to be what their style of football is. Particularly with the prices we are looking to charge it’s imperative that Hibs get the support bought in and enjoying Easter Road again.

Imperative LOL , how many times has that been said with change of manager.Nothing groundbreaking will change the team that finishes 3rd will still be bang average.

my left peg
09-12-2021, 08:22 AM
I'm afraid he has left a shambles as did Lennon and Heckingbottom.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
09-12-2021, 08:22 AM
There is no good news here.

The best outcome was that Ross would stop the slide, get us to January and turn this around. That has looked increasingly less likely to happen as the games have ticked by though. I did say a while ago that I thought standards within the club will have shifted and what might have been deemed success once, might not be anymore. Ross may well be the first high profile casualty.

With guys like Calderwood and Butcher I felt nothing towards them leaving. It was a personal dislike. With Ross it's different. I genuinely liked him, I really wanted him to succeed and I'm sorry it has ended like this.

04Sauzee
09-12-2021, 08:23 AM
I only see it being between these two. Would be astonished if we went for someone untested or that would be a risk given the state of our squad and the need for a big January.

I think you are right and would both be keen on the Job I'd think.

Yorkshire HFC
09-12-2021, 08:23 AM
A clean slate. Let's get back to business :agree:

How many clean slates have Hibs had over the last 30 years? And how often has it worked out?

Now we spend a whole load more money on another massive gamble.

Who are Hibs going to get that's a better manager than Ross?

number9dream
09-12-2021, 08:24 AM
Because he is available worked with our CEO and appears to want to manage in Scotland again

But was saying he’s determined to get another club in England…
He should definitely be approached though. I just worry the timing is a bit off and he might want to wait a bit longer for the Championship sackings to start.

JimboHibs
Jack Ross had to go but everyone at Hibs needs to take a good look at themselves from the board down to the players.

Hope the players are happy they managed to chuck the manager under the bus for their recent performances. That’s what happens when you can’t be arsed turning up.

We do reward these players for being average , its what we do how Hanlon & Stevenson were awarded new contracts is astonishing.Id rather win games than reward players for loyalty and losing

Benny Brazil
No room for sentiment - he had to go.
Time to look forward - tough gig for the next man that comes in though.

Yorkshire HFC
09-12-2021, 08:25 AM

I have stopped being astonished at anything Hibs do.

This is another bad day.

JohnM1875
09-12-2021, 08:26 AM

The best outcome was that Ross would stop the slide, get us to January and turn this around. That has looked increasingly less likely to happen as the games have ticked by though. I did say a while ago that I thought standards within the club will have shifted and what might have been deemed success once, might not be anymore. Ross may well be the first high profile casualty.

With guys like Calderwood and Butcher I felt nothing towards them leaving. It was a personal dislike. With Ross it's different. I genuinely liked him, I really wanted him to succeed and I'm sorry it has ended like this.

Summed up my feelings on it perfectly as well.

JimboHibs
09-12-2021, 08:26 AM
No room for sentiment - he had to go.
Time to look forward - tough gig for the next man that comes in though.

Sentiment were full of it rewarding players contract extensions for being average.

Diclonius
09-12-2021, 08:27 AM
I'm actually gutted at this. I really thought he could turn it around.

Jones28
I'm gutted hearing that news this morning. It was coming but I really wanted things to turn for him. I'm very surprised at how quickly the club have acted, or maybe the bar has been low for a while.

Back on the managerial merry-go-round it is, Alex Neil is a shoe in.

Iain G
Hoping its Ricardo Gareca :greengrin

Hiber-nation
Can't argue with the decision but some of these players should be ashamed of themselves.

MrRobot
It’s a shame but it’s the right call.

Smartie
09-12-2021, 08:28 AM

I disagree.

Our squad isn’t great but there’s a decent base to build on.

Most managers would fancy their chances that with a bit of backing they could fashion a decent side quite quickly.

CallumHibs07
09-12-2021, 08:29 AM

Nonsense. The squad is in a much better place than either of those left it.

Yorkshire HFC
09-12-2021, 08:29 AM
I'm gutted hearing that news this morning. It was coming but I really wanted things to turn for him. I'm very surprised at how quickly the club have acted, or maybe the bar has been low for a while.

Back on the managerial merry-go-round it is, Alex Neil is a shoe in.

Alex Neil left PNE 16th in the Championship - it's just another massive gamble, whoever is appointed.

S4uzee
09-12-2021, 08:30 AM
What’s the thoughts on Derek McInnes?

Jones28

No comparison, Ross would have still been here if we hadn't had such horrific luck with injuries.

This is a very very tough act to follow.

Jones28
what’s the thoughts on derek mcinnes?

****ing no

Blaster
09-12-2021, 08:31 AM

I’d take him. Toughen us up a bit

JimboHibs
Can't argue with the decision but some of these players should be ashamed of themselves.

Name the players please.

easty

Plenty folk have complained about the style of football, even when results were good. So going with McInnes would be a terrible move.

Steven79
I’d take him. Toughen us up a bitNot with the current squad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

easty
Name the players please.

Every single one of them last night for a start.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2021, 08:32 AM
Ron's son being lined up as interim with a view to a permanent role if he wins the cup, I believe.

Golden Bear
I'm not really disappointed but very surprised at the timing of his departure. The writing has been on the wall for a few weeks now, poor results on the park, dwindling attendances and dull football on display.

Having said that, the playing squad have collectively got to take a long hard look at themselves as their poor professionalism and inept performances have contributed hugely to a man losing his job.

Hannah_hfc

Absolutely not. We all slated Aberdeen under McInnes for their boring huddy football.

If folk thought Jack Ross football was boring, a McInnes team would be a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
Name the players please.

Our captain and vice captain for starters.

Kevin Nisbet our talisman striker.

Boyle.

All of them.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 08:33 AM
Good swift action but I have to admit I thought he would be given the window. Alex Neil must be a shoe in.

It's only "good, swift" if there's a replacement there already. If not it's an utter shambles.

Callum_62
Ron's son being lined up as interim with a view to a permanent role if he wins the cup, I believe.

Mon the Gordons :greengrin

The 90+2

Billy Brown to do the Jim Duffy to Graham Rix role.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2021, 08:34 AM

Managers have to start somewhere, this would be quite a brave decision by Hibs.

JimboHibs
Every single one of them last night for a start.

Go further back than lastnight.I'll start

Paul Hanlon has been brutal.
Doig is never a defender.

Blaster
Not with the current squad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nobody can do much with the current (available) squad. But we need 4-5 strong signings in January

Diclonius
09-12-2021, 08:35 AM

https://i.imgur.com/T7giHAt.png

Hibbyradge
09-12-2021, 08:35 AM

I just knew something was afoot when he was removed from head of recruitment. :agree:

Jones28
09-12-2021, 08:36 AM

It would be AT BEST very experimental.

And it would be laughable tbh.

Cathro-esque.

JimboHibs
09-12-2021, 08:37 AM
Nobody can do much with the current (available) squad. But we need 4-5 strong signings in January

We just handed out contract extensions to players playing average for last couple of seasons.We'll be lucky to see 2 strong signings ( whoever or whatever a strong signing is )

LunasBoots
Not surprised, good luck to the guy and thanks for last season, just didnt seem to have the motivation this season.

onwards and upwards.

I do hope its not Steve Kean though.

Callum_62
I said it last night, once the fans turn and are vocal about it then it usually only goes one way

im disappointed as I thought he could turn it around and had more than enough credit banked but as the games ticked by and very few points were added to the board then it was starting to go from poor form to alarming

Particularly given our horrendous run of really tough games over xmas

I haven't got a clue who we get - it seems like the criteria is someone who plays great football and has a win rate of about 50%. That's an incredibly high bar

Definitely a fairly quick action by the club (or Jack if he resigned?). If it was the club they need to have an idea who they want to bring in

Callum Davidson interim manger for 14 days will suffice :greengrin:wink:

blackpoolhibs

Cathro-esque.
:tee hee:

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 08:38 AM

What about acting like a big club and approaching St Johnstone? :wink:

JammyDoidger

Aye right, if that happens I'm out

JimboHibs
I just knew something was afoot when he was removed from head of recruitment. :agree:

Happily bet you £100 charity bet your wrong.

tamig
09-12-2021, 08:39 AM

I’m not sure if you’re being serious but I don’t think HR was 😀

Callum_62
Ian Gordons Barmy Army

Works well - im in.

norhfc
Always a bit sad to see a manager sacked but it is the right thing to do at the right time. Couldn’t see how he was going to turn it around, the players need to have a look at themselves too.
New manager, looking at Livis work rate last night, that’s where we need to start, get a manager in who will get the players working. It’s the minimal requirement in Scottish football and what JR just didn’t get right.

Jones28
:tee hee:

Something tells me I've been hooked

:greengrin

JimboHibs
09-12-2021, 08:40 AM

100% behind that.

tamig

Looks like you’ve unbelievably got a few bites.

Hiber-nation
Name the players please.

Not for you matey, you just come on here posting non-stop guff.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2021, 08:41 AM

Cathro-esque.

Cathro is a good shout actually.

He's a free agent, plenty of experience of the Scottish game and he'll probably know a few players from his time at Spurs.

blackpoolhibs
I cant believe there are so many gullible people on here? :greengrin

Jones28
Cathro is a good shout actually.

He's a free agent, plenty of experience of the Scottish game and he'll probably know a few players from his time at Spurs.

Yous are the ****ing worst :greengrin

B.H.F.C
09-12-2021, 08:42 AM
Name the players please.

Every one of them last night. Appalling attitude.

JimboHibs
Not for you matey, you just come on here posting non-stop guff.

Guff 😲 reckon our current predicament backs up guff as you say.
I'm all ears please tell me differently.

Nevi_SOL
If true. No hard feelings towards jack ross. Good league position last year but unfortunately went all wrong. All the beat in the future JR

Jones28
Every one of them last night. Appealing attitude.

Iain G
09-12-2021, 08:43 AM

Surely we have Jim Goodwin lined up from our feeder team? :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby

The app won't let me post those words...

Since452
Really gutted at this but it was inevitable after last night

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Surely we have Jim Goodwin lined up from our feeder team? :greengrin

True. Swapsies? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
09-12-2021, 08:44 AM

What? Aren't you being serious?

The Captain....
09-12-2021, 08:45 AM
Managers have to start somewhere, this would be quite a brave decision by Hibs."Give it Ron's son"

Let's start the campaign here [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

h185forever

Totally agree ! Managers are an easy target … I hope the players are truly ashamed of themselves as a lot of them are as culpable as him .

B.H.F.C

Thought I’d managed to edit that in time!

Diclonius
Goodwin coming here with Ross replacing him at St Mirren isn't outwith the realms of possibility.

JohnMcM

They’re removing the word ‘gullibile’ from the dictionary because it’s insulting to naive people.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 08:46 AM
Any idea when the pertemps media and marketing team begin this morning for a wee official update or are we waiting until Ron wakes up in the USA, has a cup of coffee, reads his mail, has a **** then announce Kean?

04Sauzee
09-12-2021, 08:46 AM
Goodwin coming here with Ross replacing him at St Mirren isn't outwith the realms of possibility.

Pretty sure Goodwin will not be the next manager at Hibs, not with the run of form he has St Mirren on. Even some St Mirren fans are losing patience.

lyonhibs
09-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Never nice seeing anyone lose their job but were on a shocking run and the buck stops with him. I was underwhelmed with him but gave him my backing as I do all Hibs managers.

Yep, felt it was a "meh" appointment when it was made and not a lot on the pitch, especially in big cup games last season, changed that opinion for me. But always backed him.

JimboHibs
09-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Statement imminent from the players saying they've let the manager down and need to take a look at themselves.
Usual guff 😌

Hiber-nation
09-12-2021, 08:48 AM

I think it is. Why would we want someone at a smaller club who's won 3 league games all season?

Bristolhibby
09-12-2021, 08:50 AM
So who’s in charge for St Mirren and the Cup Final?

J

Alfiembra
09-12-2021, 08:52 AM
Is that all the old guard away now? Leeann, Graham Mathie now JR. Is Eddie May still there?

GreenCastle
He only signed a new contract 4 months ago

Blaster
We just handed out contract extensions to players playing average for last couple of seasons.We'll be lucky to see 2 strong signings ( whoever or whatever a strong signing is )

A strong signing for me is someone who would challenge for a place in the starting 11. Wood, Scott and mackay haven’t done that. Relying on McGregor as our back up centre half is shocking. And the striker situation is also a disgrace.

The 90+2
So who’s in charge for St Mirren and the Cup Final?

J

stoneyburn hibs
Should have been given more time imo.
A wee bit saddened by this.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 08:53 AM
He only signed a new contract 4 months ago

Let's hope he quit then otherwise we can just blame Leeann Dempster and Graham Mathie :agree:

Yorkshire HFC
09-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Totally agree ! Managers are an easy target … I hope the players are truly ashamed of themselves as a lot of them are as culpable as him .

People have been slating Jack Ross on here for months - they're getting exactly what they wanted. And they'll slate whoever takes over from him as soon as they lose a few games. And then the club will sack him.

This is just groundhog day.

BSEJVT
09-12-2021, 08:56 AM
As someone who wanted Ross gone after the Hearts Semi I mellowed a bit towards him but it was obvious that after that and the St Johnstone debacles the first run of form like this would see him under huge pressure and he simply had to go.

I wonder though if the manager we want exists anywhere other than in our minds.

A common complaint against every manager I can recall is that they have no Plan B, cant change things and keep playing the same folk even though it is obviously not working. Btw these are my complaints as well so I am not criticising anyone!

Maybe it is harder than we all think?

Ross had to go, but a few in that dressing room need to take a long hard look at themselves.

What also shouldn't be forgotten is that we gave Ross a free hand to completely dismantle a culture that had served us well since the early days of Leanne & George Craig through various managers and it is now a complete rebuild job from start to finish.

Bobo
If the manager has gone why is there no announcement on the official site or any of the many other aimless infantile media streams attributed to our official communications team?

There are very few people employed at Easter Road with any affinity to the Club, many have no regard or knowledge of our history or tradition and are only in place to squeeze as much money as possible from a dwindling fan base.

Too many of these people will be gone at a drop of a hat without a second thought, leaving the mess that their ineptitude has created for someone else to rectify! Our club has gone backwards at a staggering pace over the last 18 months and it doesn't all just attribute to what has happened on the pitch.

There has been a number of poor appointments that have created a general malaise within the club and there's a growing disconnect with the support that is getting noticibly wider. We are a shambles and there appears to be very few with any real desire to turn things around!

Jack Ross and is playing/coaching staff may be sadly lacking of late but there is a wider deeply ingrained problem at Easter Road that needs to be addressed otherwise the continual rebuilding that we constantly witness after each consecutive failure is just going to carry on repeating itself while we perpetually underachive and so called "lesser teams" leave us behind to wallow in the mess we have created for ourselves.

GreenCastle
Expecting ER to be busier again as folk stayed away with the boring football.

10 days till cup final..did Spurs not change manager few days before cup final and were awful in final.

Feel like it will be Alex Neil - no coincidence he was on radio last night ??

Maybe Ross knew it was his last game with the desperation subs at half time.

Ray Donovan
09-12-2021, 08:58 AM
I'm actually quite shocked he's gone.

We have been on a shambolic unacceptable run, however, we are in a cup final, 6 points off 4th with a game in hand. I thought the decision makers would have looked at it this way and given him the next few league games and the cup final that he got us into. I'm not saying that would have been the right decision but that's how I thought Ron would have viewed it.

Let's hope we have a plan in place as the next 2 months are huge. We still have alot to play for and things can still be achieved this season.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 09:00 AM
If the manager has gone why is there no announcement on the official site or any of the many other aimless infantile media streams attributed to our official communications team?

There are very few people employed at Easter Road with any affinity to the Club, many have no regard or knowledge of our history or tradition and are only in place to squeeze as much money as possible from a dwindling fan base.

Too many of these people will be gone at a drop of a hat without a second thought, leaving the mess that their ineptitude has created for someone else to rectify! Our club has gone backwards at a staggering pace over the last 18 months and it doesn't all just attribute to what has happened on the pitch.

There has been a number of poor appointments that have created a general malaise within the club and there's a growing disconnect with the support that is getting noticibly wider. We are a shambles and there appears to be very few with any real desire to turn things around!

Jack Ross and is playing/coaching staff may be sadly lacking of late but there is a wider deeply ingrained problem at Easter Road that needs to be addressed otherwise the continual rebuilding that we constantly witness after each consecutive failure is just going to carry on repeating itself while we perpetually underachieve and so called "lesser teams" leave us behind to wallow in the mess we have created for ourselves.

We finished third last year and reached 2 finals

We were unbeaten and around top spot 2 months ago

I think you post is totally over dramatic. Football changes incredibly quickly - we had a bad patch (which went on too long) and the managers been sacked. Its happens all around football

jakedance
I’m not usually quick to want a manager sacked but the recent run has been pretty shambolic. Nothing personal against the man and hope he does well in his next job. Onwards!

Callum_62

We have been on a shambolic unacceptable run, however, we are in a cup final, 6 points off 4th with a game in hand. I thought the decision makers would have looked at it this way and given him the next few league games and the cup final that he got us into. I'm not saying that would have been the right decision but that's how I thought Ron would have viewed it.

Let's hope we have a plan in place as the next 2 months are huge. We still have alot to play for and things can still be achieved this season.

Maybe he resigned?

SlickShoes

Jack Ross and is playing/coaching staff may be sadly lacking of late but there is a wider deeply ingrained problem at Easter Road that needs to be addressed otherwise the continual rebuilding that we constantly witness after each consecutive failure is just going to carry on repeating itself while we perpetually underachive and so called "lesser teams" leave us behind to wallow in the mess we have created for ourselves.

Probably because the media can post about rumours before they are fully confirmed whereas hibs have a legal obligation to their employees and can't just instantly announce things like this.

mcohibs
09-12-2021, 09:01 AM

Is the concept of managerial appointments/ dismissals in football being leaked to the press before an official club statement comes out genuinely new to you?

tmb1875
09-12-2021, 09:01 AM
Mental that eh, who would have thought that people were allowed to slate an underperforming manager on a fans forum [emoji23]. Some good with jr, some bad. A lot of missed opportunities and that’s why some wanted him gone a while ago so he didn’t mess up another opportunity. We’re at groundhog day because we continue to make bad decisions at board level. Managers shelf lives these days are about 2/3 years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Hibernian: Jack Ross exits as head coach - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59591315)

B.H.F.C

It always gets out before an official announcement, wouldn’t read anything in to that.

.Sean.

Great post. Certain players need to have long hard looks at themselves, as they’re not cheating themselves they are cheating us the fans and their now ex manager.

Vault Boy
Truly feel for him. The club have openly stated that the summer window wasn't good enough, but when the head of recruitment is the owner's son, the chopping block was always primed for the manager.

Can't argue with it though, this run is abysmal. 7 red cards indicates a total loss of discipline and a refresh is required to inspire this squad. Still, it all feels a bit off.

Best of luck, Jack. Genuinely saddened that it didn't work out.

TrinityHibs
09-12-2021, 09:04 AM
On the BBC he’s away

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2021, 09:04 AM
It was maybe becoming inevitable but I don't see much to celebrate.
Yes results have been poor and maybe the style of play doesn't get you off your seat but he has assembled a reasonable squad and unfortunately they have let him down big style.
You don't suddenly become a bad team but the lack of commitment last night was disgraceful and they should all be hanging their heads in shame this morning. What ever the reason is for the players attitude, the timing of Ross's departure is not good. We've been here so many times in the past and the thought of a new manager and another mid season transitional period fills me with dread .

jeffers
09-12-2021, 09:06 AM
The McInnes of his earlier days at Aberdeen I’d definitely take, the latter day one not so much.

easty
09-12-2021, 09:08 AM

Let's not rewrite the past so quickly.

Playing average for 2 years, yet comfortably finishing third last season doesn't really correlate does it?

Northernhibee
09-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Much as I’ve felt we’ve desperately needed a chance these last two games I’m genuinely saddened by this. I respect Jack.

Nicho87
Thanks for third. Should have worked out better but didn’t.

Players had stopped playing, lack of tactics and hibs way of attacking football, the real downfalls for Ross.

Had to happen.

Alex Neil
Alan Stubbs
Derek McCinnes

3 names to be linked

Callum_62
The McInnes of his earlier days at Aberdeen I’d definitely take, the latter day one not so much.

Id be shocked if he isnt in the running

The Captain....
09-12-2021, 09:11 AM

With guys like Calderwood and Butcher I felt nothing towards them leaving. It was a personal dislike. With Ross it's different. I genuinely liked him, I really wanted him to succeed and I'm sorry it has ended like this.Agreed..I'm not feeling very optimistic about the future tbh.

I'm not convinced by any of the decision makers at the club. Time will tell if this decision was correct but it seems strange to me given the manager was given a new contract just recently and the whole football dept was remodelled on his say so.

I don't see what the plan atm..there are a lot of fans disconnected with the club atm and Ross isn't the only reason.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 09:13 AM

Bobo
09-12-2021, 09:15 AM
Is the concept of managerial appointments/ dismissals in football being leaked to the press before an official club statement comes out genuinely new to you?

No, but it is all to common within the corridors of Easter Road. We are a shambles and a very poorly run club and have been for some time now.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 09:17 AM
No, but it is all to common within the corridors of Easter Road. We are a shambles and a very poorly run club and have been for some time now.

in what way?

18Craig75
09-12-2021, 09:21 AM
I must say I’m worried. We were on a terrible run and it did seem last night that the players let him down. Boyle missed a penalty, Allan (who Ross subbed on) missed a gilt edged chance just into the 2nd half.

It seemed the club was being built around JR since Mathie was away. What happens to our January signing plans? The players all seemed to like JR, what’s their mindset like now going into a cup final? He seemed to be instrumental in bringing Kean in.

Is Ben Kensell now in sole charge of signing players? What happens if they’re below standard, do we blame him for poor recruitment, like Mathie carried the can?

Bobo
09-12-2021, 09:22 AM
in what way?

If you need me to tell you you haven't really been paying attention to just how bad we've been for too long and how much life has been sucked out of the support.

leith lynx
09-12-2021, 09:24 AM

Excellent summary, the honest truth.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 09:26 AM
If you need me to tell you you haven't really been paying attention to just how bad we've been for too long and how much life has been sucked out of the support.How though?

Genuinly we were pretty much top of the league 2 months ago after finishing 3rd last year and getting to 2 Cup finals

We are in another final next week

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

neil7908
09-12-2021, 09:26 AM
All the best Jack, I hold no ill will against him. But the right decision - I didn't see him turning it around and had no confidence in throwing more money around in January with him in charge.

Big appointment next.

madhatter
09-12-2021, 09:28 AM
Where does all this leave Steve Kean? Mental that we've went from contract extension for JR, recruiting a guy that JR introduced to the club to now JR is gone.

This goes far deeper than Jack Ross. We have absolutely went backwards as a football club since Leeann left.

Still no identifiable footballing philosophy either. What is Hibs all about?

Green_one
09-12-2021, 09:30 AM
So, he was badly underperforming but had got us into the last 4 semi finals, 2 finals and third place in the league. Not exactly abject failure.

I am a bit disturbed by the TIMING. Some might say the sooner the better and especially coming up to the January window.

OK but

1. We have a cup final in just over a week.
2. We have a couple of 6 pointers this week against St Mirren and Dundee.
3. We have been extending the contracts of lots of players recently.

The decision smells not of planning but of panic. If I am wrong then they have a worthwhile manager in the wings. If not, then we hit a critical schedule managerless. Frying pan, fire. :confused:

easty
09-12-2021, 09:31 AM

The bit in bold just isn't true.

I'm not sure what you mean by deeper ingrained problems? Can you elaborate at all?

All people really care about is that we have a squad and a manager that's winning, and doing the job on the pitch. When we do, it doesn't matter a jot if we have "anyone employed at Easter Road with any affinity to the club". We're not just not performing as a football team just now, that's the problem.

Jones28
09-12-2021, 09:36 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by deeper ingrained problems? Can you elaborate at all?

All people really care about is that we have a squad and a manager that's winning, and doing the job on the pitch. When we do, it doesn't matter a jot if we have "anyone employed at Easter Road with any affinity to the club". We're not just not performing as a football team just now, that's the problem.

He can’t elaborate because it’s ****ing bollocks.

SlickShoes
09-12-2021, 09:37 AM
So, he was badly underperforming but had got us into the last 4 semi finals, 2 finals and third place in the league. Not exactly abject failure.

I am a bit disturbed by the TIMING. Some might say the sooner the better and especially coming up to the January window.

OK but

1. We have a cup final in just over a week.
2. We have a couple of 6 pointers this week against St Mirren and Dundee.
3. We have been extending the contracts of lots of players recently.

The decision smells not of planning but of panic. If I am wrong then they have a worthwhile manager in the wings. If not, then we hit a critical schedule managerless. Frying pan, fire. :confused:

The last two games have been 6 pointers as well, the players definitely let him down because they are capable of winning both games. The question does become how long do you wait? If we lose the next two games and keep him, then lose the cup final it's been a terrible decision and we are in an even worse spot than the season we got relegated.

Nothing I saw yesterday made me think he could turn it around, I was for giving him time before yesterday, but that performance from the players was disgusting.

RossScott1991
09-12-2021, 09:40 AM
No one suggested Gordon Strachan yet ?😂

lord bunberry
09-12-2021, 09:41 AM
I think this will prove to be a terrible decision. I suspect it’s partly down to the general feeling around the fan base as much as the results. We would probably be looking at a massive drop of in season ticket sales if he stayed and that would be a concern for the owners. The simple fact is a large amount of our support didn’t like him and when you couple that with the terrible run we’ve been on, there’s only going to be one outcome. I’ve said n numerous occasions that we need to be careful what you wish for, well we’re now at that point. We’re going to need a manager that’s more charismatic, plays exciting football and wins games, a big ask for the club. To be honest I feel a bit scunnered by it all, but I’m a hibs fan not a jack ross fan.

Bobo
09-12-2021, 09:42 AM
How though?

Genuinly we were pretty much top of the league 2 months ago after finishing 3rd last year and getting to 2 Cup finals

We are in another final next week

We only got to 1 cup final and never turned up letting down an expectant support again. We got 3rd place which was only just achieved after trying hard to throw away the advantage we'd built up earlier in the season.

Standard of performances while winning a decent amount of games was never thrilling and we were fortunate in a good number of them.

Green_one
09-12-2021, 09:45 AM
The last two games have been 6 pointers as well, the players definitely let him down because they are capable of winning both games. The question does become how long do you wait? If we lose the next two games and keep him, then lose the cup final it's been a terrible decision and we are in an even worse spot than the season we got relegated.

Nothing I saw yesterday made me think he could turn it around, I was for giving him time before yesterday, but that performance from the players was disgusting.

I agree with your points but only if they have someone to bring in PDQ. Going into these games with some interim patch up is inviting certain failure and a worse position.

Really worried about the final now.

GreenPJ
09-12-2021, 09:45 AM

So firstly to be professional the club needs to align the message going out on all its media streams at the same time as well as the content.

Clearly you don't like our owner which is your perogative but I struggle to see what has actually been done to squeeze money out of the club into their own pockets? I see investments having been made in infrastructure as well as playing side as well as some new faces in the non-playing capacity?

On the rebuilding side of things, when have we not had to do that? You either end up with a squad of mediocre players that create mediocre outcomes that can't be moved on or you constantly have to rebuild.

When did Hibs not underperform against "lesser teams" - do you really think this is a new thing?

Last season was the most successful we have had in league placement in 20 years as well as having reached a final (which admittedly we let ourselves down in - again not a new thing).

I agree that some of the fan base for whatever reason didn't really take to Jack Ross - I did and am sad he has gone, I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with the new CEO and transfer windows going forward but unfortunately with the results of late it was inevitable.

Zambernardi1875
09-12-2021, 09:47 AM
I think this will prove to be a terrible decision. I suspect it’s partly down to the general feeling around the fan base as much as the results. We would probably be looking at a massive drop of in season ticket sales if he stayed and that would be a concern for the owners. The simple fact is a large amount of our support didn’t like him and when you couple that with the terrible run we’ve been on, there’s only going to be one outcome. I’ve said n numerous occasions that we need to be careful what you wish for, well we’re now at that point. We’re going to need a manager that’s more charismatic, plays exciting football and wins games, a big ask for the club. To be honest I feel a bit scunnered by it all, but I’m a hibs fan not a jack ross fan.

I said it from the start: Ron Gordon is a successful businessman and Jack Ross is bad for business. Got slagged rotten for it. He’s invested in a touch of American razzmatazz so far during covid and I think that will continue onto the next manager, he needs people buying into the Hibs brand on and off the park and I hope the next manager is a part of that. The Alex Neil- Paul lambert type aren’t going to do it.

FilipinoHibs
09-12-2021, 09:48 AM
We only got to 1 cup final and never turned up letting down an expectant support again. We got 3rd place which was only just achieved after trying hard to throw away the advantage we'd built up earlier in the season.

Standard of performances while winning a decent amount of games was never thrilling and we were fortunate in a good number of them.

We have been unfortunate in the run of 9. Only against DU did we look awful for 90 mins.

tamig
09-12-2021, 09:49 AM

That bit in bold is an outlandish claim. Unbelievable. The only thing I can think of is that it’s an anti- RG view.

mcohibs
09-12-2021, 09:50 AM
I said it from the start: Ron Gordon is a successful businessman and Jack Ross is bad for business. Got slagged rotten for it. He’s invested in a touch of American razzmatazz so far during covid and I think that will continue onto the next manager, he needs people buying into the Hibs brand on and off the park and I hope the next manager is a part of that. The Alex Neil- Paul lambert type aren’t going to do it.

Who would you suggest, ****ing Michael Jordan?

wookie70
09-12-2021, 09:51 AM

I'm the same. A couple of good results and we could be looking up the league having won a cup. It was a very bad run though and he has lost the crowd. For 15-20 minutes last night we played very well. Ross set the team up and we were comfortably the best side. They scored and we fell to bits. The only game in this run where I have felt the players have performed with any urgency and a realisation that we were tumbling down the league was against St Johnstone. The sending off made a difference that day but we were doing well before then despite losing a goal and the players were working hard on and off the ball and constantly on the move looking for the ball. Last night we had 9 outfield players(I will let McGinn off as he worked really hard and played pretty well until his red) who simply gave up after the penalty miss. It was almost like they downed tools despite 10 minutes earlier being much the better team. I get the feeling they knew what another poor performance meant. When I left the ground last night I was angry with the players. They were a disgrace last night and showed very little of that testicular fortitude that is needed when you are scrapping for points.

chrisski33
09-12-2021, 09:52 AM
No one suggested Gordon Strachan yet ?😂
or lennon?

The 90+2

:faf:

Hibs90

Tiger Woods :agree:

GRA
09-12-2021, 09:53 AM
A fair chunk of fans have what they wanted. Who next?

The timing confuses me. 10 days until a cup final. Should have given him until then, or even end of the year, before pulling the trigger. Sacking him in the midst of a hectic run of games will only disrupt the squad, we could properly nosedive after this.

SteveHFC
09-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Maybe Ross knew it was his last game with the desperation subs at half time.

jacks interview on radio last night after game sounded like he already knew what was coming

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 09:56 AM

The timing confuses me. 10 days until a cup final. Should have given him until then, or even end of the year, before pulling the trigger. Sacking him in the midst of a hectic run of games will only disrupt the squad, we could properly nosedive after this.

Are we sure he didnt walk away yet?

Hearing your own fans singing Jack Ross GTF at you probably leads to some reflection

EH6 Hibby
09-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Ted Lasso.

SteveHFC
09-12-2021, 09:57 AM

when is the right time? further down the line when we could be in deeper trouble or now when we have a small chance to recover 4pts from 27 is not good enough

The Tubs
09-12-2021, 09:57 AM

While I didn't want him gone, it might actually be good for the players. It seemed like the players weren't listening: Porteous was still making mistakes, Nisbet wasn't shooting with conviction, even normally reliable guys like Hanlon and McGinn made bad choices last night.

As long as Butcher doesn't get the job, it might work out okay.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 09:58 AM

Didnt we finish 7 points above 4th? thats a 3 game swing

no point even debating as you are just waffling nonsense with an obvious agenda

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 09:58 AM
6am in Miami. Sure we will hear in the next hour.

eastmainsmsh
09-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Like it to be Alex Neil although I hope Ron isn’t going the soccer route and appoints Michael Bradley Brad Bobleys laddie think
He recommended we sign Mueller

Smartie
09-12-2021, 10:02 AM
I'm the same. A couple of good results and we could be looking up the league having won a cup. It was a very bad run though and he has lost the crowd. For 15-20 minutes last night we played very well. Ross set the team up and we were comfortably the best side. They scored and we fell to bits. The only game in this run where I have felt the players have performed with any urgency and a realisation that we were tumbling down the league was against St Johnstone. The sending off made a difference that day but we were doing well before then despite losing a goal and the players were working hard on and off the ball and constantly on the move looking for the ball. Last night we had 9 outfield players(I will let McGinn off as he worked really hard and played pretty well until his red) who simply gave up after the penalty miss. It was almost like they downed tools despite 10 minutes earlier being much the better team. I get the feeling they knew what another poor performance meant. When I left the ground last night I was angry with the players. They were a disgrace last night and showed very little of that testicular fortitude that is needed when you are scrapping for points.

I suspect Jack Ross has had a Pat Fenlon moment.

He watched that performance last night, looked around the dressing room and saw a group of players who were seriously lacking in substance.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 10:03 AM

He watched that performance last night, looked around the dressing room and saw a group of players who were seriously lacking in substance.

:agree:

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:03 AM
or lennon?

Andy Walker did on Sky Sports News along with Alex Neil & Derek Mcinnes.

What a waste of time he really is, you could have dragged a random off the street in Leith that would have given more insight than that twat.

Greenio
09-12-2021, 10:05 AM

This is how I feel

Unreasonable expectations

But that's football fans for you

It was a bad run of form that could have been turned round

Nakedmanoncrack
09-12-2021, 10:06 AM

Properly nosedive?
What do you think we are on just now?

Jones28
Coach Carter to come in, have everyone call him "Sir" and persuade Kevin Nisbet to give up his gang-banger lifestyle and focus on the football.

Bobo
Didnt we finish 7 points above 4th? thats a 3 game swing

no point even debating as you are just waffling nonsense with an obvious agenda

You have your views and I have mine, 3 visits to Hampden where we didn't turn up is unacceptable sorry if I don't see that as an achievement.

Mon Dieu4
09-12-2021, 10:07 AM
It's on the Hibs site now, SDG in charge for now

Nakedmanoncrack
Confirmed.

Callum_62
You have your views and I have mine, 3 visits to Hampden where we didn't turn up is unacceptable sorry if I don't see that as an achievement.Neithers 'just making' third? [emoji23][emoji23]

The 90+2
6am in Miami. Sure we will hear in the next hour.

Morning Ron :greengrin

jeffers
09-12-2021, 10:08 AM

It’s only a terrible decision if they get his replacement wrong. As fans we can have some influence over a manager being relieved of his job. We have no control whatsoever over his replacement.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 10:08 AM
David Gray will take charge of the First Team as Caretaker Manager for the foreseeable future and will be supported by Eddie May and Craig Samson.

Anyone else read 'foreseeable future' as a fairly long period of time?

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2021, 10:09 AM

We'll maybe know later but I agree, he was very down during his post match interview. I didnt expect the club to sack him before the final and I wouldn't be surprised to hear mutual consent in the official statement if it ever comes .

ScottB
What was it, 1 win in 9? 6 points from 12 games in the league? How long should he have gotten to arrest what was relegation form?

Looks like he's lost the squad, or certainly the temperament is gone, last night the fans at the game were singing that he should go, attendances in general have slumped. Does anyone ever come back from that sort of situation?

He was decent enough while it worked, but we've not lost something special here. Yeah, it's a shame it didn't work out, of course, but he's not going to be hard to replace.

Don't think it's clear whether it was sacked / mutual consent / resigned as yet either.

Edit - sounds like he was sacked.

Posh Swanny
Any idea when the pertemps media and marketing team begin this morning for a wee official update or are we waiting until Ron wakes up in the USA, has a cup of coffee, reads his mail, has a **** then announce Kean?

Social media team still trying to find the right combination of emojis.

A shame for Jack Ross but it's the way across the football world. And when the style of play is as dull as dishwater, any credit in the bank disappears pretty quickly when you go on a bad run. Maybe he was unfortunate that last season was played behind closed doors, so there was less credit than there should have been, but it still felt pretty boring on the TV/laptop screen.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 10:10 AM

:gwa::gwa:

Davie Grays

Colr
Rather surprised at the news. Bit of a slump, yes, but this is like a panic move unless someone substantial has already been lined up.

Like when Morino was sacked by Spurs before the league cup and that turned into a protracted balls up.

I’d like to see an experienced interim in straight away. McLeish or Strachan.

GreenPJ

Having lost 7 out of 9 am not sure how much further we can nose dive. I said on Saturday after the Motherwell game, if he didn't win yesterday's game the options were to either sack him now or fully buy into him. There would be no point in risking a further 3 league games and a cup final if the board weren't convinced he was still the right man for the job for the foreseeable. They have pulled the trigger so we need to hope they have a Plan A and a Plan B candidate who can motivate what is a good squad.

The 90+2
09-12-2021, 10:11 AM
David Gray will take charge of the First Team as Caretaker Manager for the foreseeable future and will be supported by Eddie May and Craig Samson.

Anyone else read 'foreseeable future' as a fairly long period of time?

Yes. The exact kind of **** I was dreading.

h185forever
09-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Club statement out now

Not In The Know
09-12-2021, 10:12 AM
He's also worked with Ben Kensell before I think.

Did Ben sack him?

mjhibby
Thank you jack for a good period as manager. Best performance for years in term of league placing can't be denied. I think he had a shelf life and its now over. Obviously bad recruitment decisions didn't help but 4 ordering offs in a matter of a few games highlights a big issue with the team. Alex Neil seems the blindingly obvious choice although I wouldn't mind mcinnes as I'm damn sure we'd be competitive in the middle of the park although I'm sure a lot of our support won't want him. Results are all that matters in the end. Bar some left field appointment by Ron it's between those two. With the prospect of a big windfall from sjm possible transfer I'm sure we will get some damn good applications. Let all the ridiculous speculation begin. Relieved in a way as although I never wanted rid of Jack it's clear something is not right. Thanks for 3rd and that amazing semi final horsing of der hun. That will live long in the memory.

wookie70

You may be right and it wouldn't surprise me if we brought in a Butcher type who is all shout and no substance and we get worse. Ross over the course of his tenure did a decent job. If he walked then that is a really honourable way to go and the way he talked last night about it being his sole responsibility it wouldn't surprise me. As others have said be careful what you wish for. The madness of football fans is clear to see with calls for Lennon etc. I liked Ross and think he has been badly let down by the players and the recruitment team. This may have ended up a poor season but I think he is the type who could have built something and now we will have to see what type of manager we bring in.

Bobo
09-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Neithers 'just making' third? [emoji23][emoji23]

No, you're right, once every 20 years or so isn't really an achievement either.

J-C
09-12-2021, 10:13 AM
It's on the Hibs site now, SDG in charge for now

Potter must have left with Ross

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 10:14 AM
definitely sacked

Hibernian FC can confirm that Jack Ross has been relieved of his duties as Manager.

John Potter will also depart the club immediately.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-jack-ross

Gatecrasher
09-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Rather surprised at the news. Bit of a slump, yes, but this is like a panic move unless someone substantial has already been lined up.

Like when Morino was sacked by Spurs before the league cup and that turned into a protracted balls up.

I’d like to see an experienced interim in straight away. McLeish or Strachan.

I have never been a fan of JR, I always seen it as a solid appointment but wouldn't ultimately lead to any major success. I'm also surprised it has happened this early and feel for him a bit that he won't get to manage in the cup final. it does feel a bit of a panic move, he may have turned it around but last night was a really difficult night and we looked very lost.

Jim44
09-12-2021, 10:15 AM

Exactly. I wanted Ross to stay but admitted after the game last night that it might be better if he went. Keeping him on to see if he could turn things round would have been a gamble but then again maybe not as big a gamble as bringing in someone new. I’m not optimistic about our immediate future and even less so about the rest of the season, as the replacement will probably be just another failed manager. I’ll be relieved if we can hold on to 8th or 9th place. The term ‘careful what you wish for’ has become more significant than ever this morning.

wookie70
09-12-2021, 10:15 AM
Definitely sacked rather than resigned then. Poor from the club imo. He deserved a few more games and the Cup Final, SDG at the wheel

Magpie
09-12-2021, 10:16 AM
It’s a results driven business. Best decision for the club imo. Let’s move onwards and upwards.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 10:17 AM

surely that makes it a better achievement for the manager that does it?

MunsterHibee
09-12-2021, 10:17 AM
The frustrating thing for me was this season when we go 1 nil down you just knew we hadn't it in us to come back and win games you just knew we would lose the game. I think there was no Plan B and no tactical awareness on how to turn around games when we fell behind.

JimBHibees
09-12-2021, 10:18 AM
Exactly. I wanted Ross to stay but admitted after the game last night that it might be better if he went. Keeping him on to see if he could turn things round would have been a gamble but then again maybe not as big a gamble as bringing in someone new. I’m not optimistic about our immediate future and even less so about the rest of the season, as the replacement will probably be just another failed manager. I’ll be relieved if we can hold on to 8th or 9th place. The term ‘careful what you wish for’ has become more significant than ever this morning.

Definitely an element of that. Let's see who comes next and we go through the transition process again in saying that whoever comes in has a reasonable nucleus of a team though very little squad depth and Ross himself turned things around pretty quickly.

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:18 AM
Definitely sacked rather than resigned then. Poor from the club imo. He deserved a few more games and the Cup Final, SDG at the wheel

We gave him two semi's and a final last season and that worked out well didn't it...

Jones28
09-12-2021, 10:19 AM

This, with bells on. Christmas bells.

wookie70
09-12-2021, 10:20 AM
We gave him two semi's and a final last season and that worked out well didn't it... Like Fenlon getting to those finals actually made fans think less of him. Probably better to have a poor cup record like Lennon and not get to many semis and finals

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:20 AM
The frustrating thing for me was this season when we go 1 nil down you just knew we hadn't it in us to come back and win games you just knew we would lose the game. I think there was no Plan B and no tactical awareness on how to turn around games when we fell behind.

That was it but the players have to take blame as well.

They are mentally and physically soft and I just can't take to this team at all.

In the cup final once Saints went 1-0 up I knew it was game over same with the two recent defeats to Ross County & Livingston.

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 10:21 AM
We gave him two semi's and a final last season and that worked out well didn't it...

we gave?

Didnt he help get us there?

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:21 AM
Like Fenlon getting to those finals actually made fans think less of him. Probably better to have a poor cup record like Lennon and not get to many semis and finals

Christ he lost to a Hearts team in the league below and twice to bloody Saint Johnstone.

We should have won at least two of them!

easty
09-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Christ he lost to a Hearts team in the league below and twice to bloody Saint Johnstone.

We should have won at least two of them!

We didn’t deserve to lose to Hearts, and if Nisbet scored the penalty we’d have won.

G15 Hibs
09-12-2021, 10:24 AM

Hibs' historical failures are hardly Jack Ross' fault though are they? He achieved something that no other Hibs manager achieved over those 20 years in his only full season in charge. So it is something. 3 appearances at Hampden where they were poor, fair enough. 2 games at Hampden which they won. Getting Hibs to Hampden 5 times in 2 years is much better than a lot of those managers over that same 20 years eh?

mcohibs
09-12-2021, 10:25 AM
We didn’t deserve to lose to Hearts, and if Nisbet scored the penalty we’d have won.

If my aunty had baws...

Callum_62
09-12-2021, 10:25 AM
whens the presser for the weekends game?

I see Hibs said "no further comment will be made today"

Steven79
09-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Hibs' historical failures are hardly Jack Ross' fault though are they? He achieved something that no other Hibs manager achieved over those 20 years in his only full season in charge. So it is something. 3 appearances at Hampden where they were poor, fair enough. 2 games at Hampden which they won. Getting Hibs to Hampden 5 times in 2 years is much better than a lot of those managers over that same 20 years eh?

Counts for nothing if you bottle it in the final against a St Johnstone team and never looked like laying a glove on them.

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Interesting one. Club obviously believed he couldn't turn it around, which is fair. Last night was dreadful and I don't think he can have many complaints. I personally did think he could turn it around before last night but performances like that are big red flags. Something wasn't right.