PDA

View Full Version : Absolute shambles

lord bunberry
08-12-2021, 09:03 PM
What an utterly miserable performance that was tonight. Boyle was appalling he dived to get a penalty then blootered it miles over the bar, that was all he did. These guys are being paid good money and are performing like complete amateurs at times. I’m sick of hearing about how they’re going to put things right, I want to see it. There wasn’t 1 player that came out of that game well. Doig looked like he was playing on the wrong side the amount of times he lost possession, Doidge barely touched the ball and he wasn’t the only one in that category. Mcginn allowed another cross that led to a goal then got himself sent off, Hanlon somehow managed to last until the dying minutes despite committing a clear red card offence earlier I could go on and on, but at the end of the day it’s just not good enough. I now firmly believe that we have to win the cup or the manager goes.

Benny Brazil
08-12-2021, 09:05 PM
What an utterly miserable performance that was tonight. Boyle was appalling he dived to get a penalty then blootered it miles over the bar, that was all he did. These guys are being paid good money and are performing like complete amateurs at times. I’m sick of hearing about how they’re going to put things right, I want to see it. There wasn’t 1 player that came out of that game well. Doig looked like he was playing on the wrong side the amount of times he lost possession, Doidge barely touched the ball and he wasn’t the only one in that category. Mcginn allowed another cross that led to a goal then got himself sent off, Hanlon somehow managed to last until the dying minutes despite committing a clear red card offence earlier I could go on and on, but at the end of the day it’s just not good enough. I now firmly believe that we have to win the cup or the manager goes.

Agree with most of what you say - not sure I would give Ross the opportunity to win a cup though

Jones28
08-12-2021, 09:06 PM
As much as I have (waning) sympathy for Jack Ross the players were a ****ing disgrace tonight.

lord bunberry
08-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Agree with most of what you say - not sure I would give Ross the opportunity to win a cup though
We have to give him the chance. He’s got us this far, he deserves the chance to see it through.

lord bunberry
08-12-2021, 09:09 PM
As much as I have (waning) sympathy for Jack Ross the players were a ****ing disgrace tonight.
Totally agree. My support is also waning, but he was let down massively by his team tonight.

Jim44
08-12-2021, 09:12 PM

Did you write the last sentence with tongue in cheek?:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2021, 09:18 PM
4 points from 27 in this league. There is no way to put a positive spin on that.

After Motherwell I said that for me Ross had three games to save his job, ahead of the cup final. Well, that's one down and nothing to show for it. It's all getting getting a bit toxic now, which is a shame, as Ross has done good things here: third place last season and a cup final to come. However, we are in a really bad place now.

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2021, 10:16 PM

We have a defence that can’t defend and a midfield that spends the whole game passing the ball backwards. As you rightly say, a total shambles.

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2021, 10:42 PM
We have a defence that can’t defend and a midfield that spends the whole game passing the ball backwards. As you rightly say, a total shambles.

That’s it in a nutshell - shocking. The defence were dreadful today - including Porteous.

Scotty Leither
08-12-2021, 10:48 PM
That’s it in a nutshell - shocking. The defence were dreadful today - including Porteous.

Ryan wasn't great, we didn't have anyone who got pass marks tonight, but he played on when obviously hurt, and there was one play in the second half when he played the ball to Boyle and then ran past him to receive a pass that never came, but at least he drew a man away and in the process he was further up the park than JDH or Newell managed all night.

He might still be rash and rough round the edges at times, but I wish the rest of them had half his spirit and endeavour.

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2021, 10:49 PM
Ryan wasn't great, we didn't have anyone who got pass marks tonight, but he played on when obviously hurt, and there was one play in the second half when he played the ball to Boyle and then ran past him to receive a pass that never came, but at least he drew a man away and in the process he was further up the park than JDH or Newell managed all night.

He might still be rash and rough round the edges at times, but I wish the rest of them had half his spirit and endeavour.

He gets a free ride IMO. He was terrible all night - where was he at the goal? Strolling about on the edge of the box - he didn’t see danger. He shouts at everyone a lot but doesn’t show leadership. Really disappointed in him.

tamig
08-12-2021, 10:56 PM

Porteous is a decent prospect. But he should be way beyond that now. Poor performance from him again defensively and very fortunate not to have cost us a second goal in the second half. I like him but he shouldn’t be immune from criticism.

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2021, 10:58 PM
Porteous is a decent prospect. But he should be way beyond that now. Poor performance from him again defensively and very fortunate not to have cost us a second goal in the second half. I like him but he shouldn’t be immune from criticism.

Absolutely - he gets a free ride. I think cos he shouts at others and openly hates Rangers. He needs to do more - he was all over the place tonight (along with Hanlon and McGinn who will no doubt take most of the flak).

tamig
08-12-2021, 11:02 PM
Absolutely - he gets a free ride. I think cos he shouts at others and openly hates Rangers. He needs to do more - he was all over the place tonight (along with Hanlon and McGinn who will no doubt take most of the flak).

To be fair, McGinn has been pretty poor most of the season. But he’s another who won’t be dropped because there ‘s no cover. Especially if Cadden is unavailable.

ehf
08-12-2021, 11:27 PM

We have conceded so many comedy goals this season but that one tonight took the biscuit; a catalogue of errors/players not giving a toss. You would not see that level of sheer incompetence/lack of desire in any other professional team.

BoyledEgg
08-12-2021, 11:31 PM

Doidge got no service, when he finally got a decent ball up to him he set up Nesbit for a laughable attempt 8 yards out. Stevenson must wonder how he’s picking splinters out his arse every week watching Doig. He’s weak, slow, can’t beat a man, can’t even block a cross coming into the box. As for Nesbit, I don’t know what’s worse, his first touch or how weak he is. Doyle-Hayes and Newell spent half the game pointing at the centre halves telling Doig and McGinn to pass it back to them instead of having some balls and going to try and get on the ball and make something happen.

Mikey_1875
08-12-2021, 11:34 PM
For captain and vice captain to be sent off so cheaply is truly ridiculous. They are meant to be our leaders on the park and they leave us even more humped for Saturday?

The defending in the second half especially defied explanation. At least in the games prior to this after the covid break the effort was there but the quality wasn’t. Tonight the effort was nowhere to be seen and the quality nosedived even further.

It’s sad that the character of a Hibs team needs to be called into question again and i’m not sure JR has any clue on how to turn this around based on that showing.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2021, 11:58 PM

Agree with this. At least we’ve not been handing out long term contracts to any of them or anything like that…

Since452
09-12-2021, 05:26 AM
To be fair, McGinn has been pretty poor most of the season. But he’s another who won’t be dropped because there ‘s no cover. Especially if Cadden is unavailable.

I missed the update on Cadden. Is he injured again?

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2021, 05:46 AM
I missed the update on Cadden. Is he injured again?

Now there's a shock.

Winston Ingram
09-12-2021, 05:50 AM
I don’t think Boyle was appalling. Tactics Jack change to 4-2-2-2 meant it was much easier to double mark him in the 2nd half. He put a shift in unlike others.

MunsterHibee
09-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Our league form and our performances have been soul destroying to watch. You just know if we go a goal down then we just aren't coming back to win the game. No plan B when things aren't going our way. Our style of play as well has been so boring to watch. Some of the players need to take a good look at themselves as well and get the finger out and start fighting for the shirt. Jack Ross was to blame for alot of it but the players need to get their act together fairly sharpish. Some of those individual performances last night from then likes of McGinn and Hanlon were abysmal to watch.

nlandsafchibee
09-12-2021, 02:57 PM
Its interesting if the 7 gilt edge chances inc penalty had been converted then a 3-1 win and 4-1 win in last 2 games would have been achieved .So yes players need to look at themselves (wont happen) especially those who had just got extensions to their contracts..So because they miss the chances its the Manager gets the push .As Sir Alec Ferguson said .Its the players that go and not the Manager.
Hanlon particularly needs to reflect on his recent performances after he stated the team needs to be more disciplined.2 sendings off ,a reckless challenge in semi final and he might get a longer ban if his first booking is looked at as most people thought it should be red. Ross has been badly let down by the players he put great trust in and protected them from criticism particularly Porto .