PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Hibs

RIP Bestie
07-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Just to let people know about a fantastic gesture by the club.
I sent them one email regarding my Hearts supporting mate and Hibs immediately responded offering to accommodate him and his family at the New Year Derby.
His story is attached:

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1467944341951836165?s=24

Special thanks to Mathew Newton for a quick response to this.

Vault Boy
07-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Stevie seems like a really great character, his story is very moving. Glad to hear the club have reached out in that way, and well done to you for making it happen.

JimBHibees
07-12-2021, 10:39 AM
Good to hear that. Really sorry for the guy. Some things way more important than 22 guys running after a ball.

CentreLine
07-12-2021, 10:52 AM
Hope there is a collection for MND at the derby

Logie Green
07-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Well done Hibs.

I’ve met Stevie through work and following Scotland; he’s a good lad, good company and enjoys a laugh. It was very difficult to watch that film.

HH81
07-12-2021, 11:16 AM
Excellent from Hibs.

Sad video to watch. I have seen first hand the impact MND can have on people. Awful illness.

Have met Rob Burrow before too and he was a decent guy and just hope they find a cure fast.

I made a donation last year to the charity and this has just reminded me to do the same again.

Nice one RIP Bestie. Hope your mate has a great day expect the result of cause. Raising awareness of this illness is all that matters too.

jeffers
07-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Is he a former Standard Lifer ? If so I know who he is, really good guy. Such sad news.

Really nice touch by Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2021, 11:32 AM
Devastating debilitating illness

Tragic story

Seems like a great guy

RIP Bestie
07-12-2021, 11:47 AM
Is he a former Standard Lifer ? If so I know who he is, really good guy. Such sad news.

Really nice touch by Hibs.

He is indeed

WeeRussell
07-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Heartbreaking stuff. It's a f****** horrible disease.

Well done Bestie, Hibs, Hearts and others involved.

jeffers
07-12-2021, 01:05 PM
He is indeed

I watched the attached video, I recognised him from SL days. One of the good guys.

surreyhibbie
07-12-2021, 01:16 PM
Heartbreaking stuff. It's a f****** horrible disease.

Well done Bestie, Hibs, Hearts and others involved.

:top marks

Valencia
07-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Met Stevie on a number of occasions through my brother-in-law.
Really good guy and likes a party.

oldbutdim
07-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Stevie is a good lad, as is his son, pals with my son.
I met Stevie in the pub just after our Cup win, and he congratulated us on our win. He even made it sound like he really meant it!

Top bloke and also showing just how brave someone can be faced with such an awful illness.

green day
07-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Really hope he can attend the derby match. Nice gesture by Hibs, some things are more important than football rivalry.

brog
07-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Well done all concerned. We really need these 'like' buttons!

07-12-2021, 10:24 PM
Stevie is indeed an ex SL guy, worked there for a good while. Met him on a fair few Scotland trips and can confirm what others have said already, he's a lovely guy who loves his football and is a great laugh. His video was a tough watch. Brave guy. Makes you realise football rivalries are a good laugh and all that but there are some things just more important. Well done Hibs, Hearts and all involved. Dig deep and donate to MND if you can folks ....

Just_Jimmy
08-12-2021, 12:47 AM
My mum was diagnosed in February 21. It's brutal and I've never told anyone.

Only my closest pals and my boss knows.

She's not doing well at all.

Good luck to Stevie, I watched it last night with a lump in my throat.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-12-2021, 07:53 AM
Well done to Hibs and Hearts on this one.

It's a really touching video. I think we all know that there are things in life that are far bigger than football, as such the admin team on here have taken the decision to make a donation on behalf of the site to MND Scotland in support of Stevie and all others living with MND.

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Hearts

HH81
08-12-2021, 08:05 AM

It's a really touching video. I think we all know that there are things in life that are far bigger than football, as such the admin team on here have taken the decision to make a donation on behalf of the site to MND Scotland in support of Stevie and all others living with MND.

Brilliant and a nice touch 👏.

HH81
08-12-2021, 08:10 AM

Really sorry to hear this. It's an awful illness and just so hard to see someone go through it.

You were really brave to post this. Hope it helped posting it as might give you a release from the pressures. Try keep smiling as I know how hard it is for people who have it but also the family which people forget sometimes.

Donation made to the charity this morning. Every little helps.

Greencore
08-12-2021, 08:17 AM
This is heartbreaking. Lost for words. Well done to everyone supporting this guy and hibs and hearts. Great awareness on this horrible f-ing illness.

munchar
08-12-2021, 08:19 AM

Very courageous opening up about this tragic illness. My thoughts are with you. 💚

munchar
08-12-2021, 08:20 AM

Donation sent. Hopefully one day soon they find a way to deal with this illness. 🙏💚

bigwheel
08-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Huge respect to Steve and his family
As they support him with this terrible illness. In recent times there’s been so much hate and divide across football boundaries . It’s wonderful to see the humanity of the football community through this issue. After all, We are all “Jock Tamsons Bairns”.

All the best wishes in the world to Steve..he comes over a great guy and a great fitba man [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Keith_M
08-12-2021, 10:07 AM
This is heartbreaking. Lost for words. Well done to everyone supporting this guy and hibs and hearts. Great awareness on this horrible f-ing illness.

+1

You've actually summed up exactly how I feel about this.

WeeRussell
08-12-2021, 02:07 PM

Sorry Jimmy - can only imagine what you're going through, as it's not nice even watching the high profile cases develop from afar. Hopefully you see hibs.net as somewhere you can open up to if you feel it might be somewhere between some friends being too close, and others too far away (if that makes sense).

Nice to read PB's post about the gesture from the admin team too. Hopefully Stevie's story can raise lots of money and awareness.

Just_Jimmy
08-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Sorry Jimmy - can only imagine what you're going through, as it's not nice even watching the high profile cases develop from afar. Hopefully you see hibs.net as somewhere you can open up to if you feel it might be somewhere between some friends being too close, and others too far away (if that makes sense).

Nice to read PB's post about the gesture from the admin team too. Hopefully Stevie's story can raise lots of money and awareness.Yeah, I've typed it out a few times and not sent it. I'm dealing with it okay, it's worse because I'm away from home and then... covid. It's just a crap situation really. Seeing comments like yours and the others on this thread, to me but also to Stevie are heart warming.

lyonhibs
08-12-2021, 07:10 PM

Cheers for the link, donation made.