PDA

View Full Version : Did we ever try to sign Liam Henderson?

Greencore
03-12-2021, 06:27 PM
After his loan deal and his return to Celtic. Did we ever make an offer to sign him on a permanent deal?

Tambo
03-12-2021, 06:31 PM
Yes in 2020 if the paper article was true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5185015/hibs-liam-henderson-transfer-bid-celtic-empoli/amp/

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Our Manager left in a bit of a hurry IIRC to be replaced by Lenny who had his own ideas

Highwayman
03-12-2021, 06:57 PM
I heard from a reliable source that Hibs put a note of interest and asked for price from Celtic for Liam Henderson.

Celtic who were bitter and still are about missing out on Andy Robertson quoted £650,000.

For a player at his stage of development and experience this figure was well in excess of anything Hibs or probably any other club was prepared to pay and it was left at that.

Tambo
03-12-2021, 07:05 PM
My mistake you mean as soon as he returned after the cup final.

Would be nice to see him again one day at Easter Road.

DH1875
03-12-2021, 07:31 PM
I heard from a reliable source that Hibs put a note of interest and asked for price from Celtic for Liam Henderson.

Celtic who were bitter and still are about missing out on Andy Robertson quoted £650,000.

For a player at his stage of development and experience this figure was well in excess of anything Hibs or probably any other club was prepared to pay and it was left at that.

Am I having a total whoosh momoment......why would they be bitter at us for missing out on Robertson?

Bad Habits
03-12-2021, 08:16 PM
Am I having a total whoosh momoment......why would they be bitter at us for missing out on Robertson?

I think it was shortly after the McGinn move? Maybe that's who he meant.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2021, 10:24 PM

Celtic released Andy Robertson from their Academy at age 15 for being too short

The rest as they say is history

Jesus wept !

Onceinawhile
03-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Seems to be playing regularly in serie a.

Delighted for him.

Highwayman
04-12-2021, 08:27 AM

Celtic weren’t bitter at Hibs,but as normal with the OF bitter at the world in general.

When they became aware of the transfer money Andy Robertson was generating they were determined to get as much money as possible from any players available for sale.