PDA

View Full Version : Food bank on Saturday

PatHead
02-12-2021, 08:35 PM
I noticed on Facebook then in the Power update that there is a collection on Saturday.

Thought such an important cause was worth highlighting.

Power
02-12-2021, 08:53 PM
Thank you. Great shout.

Food donation collection before our game against Motherwell on Saturday 4th December. Look out for the HCF team opposite the clubstore and at Norton Park from around 13:45.

More details on the Christmas Appeal 2021 can be found here - https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/christmas-appeal-2021

There is currently a Food Bank collection points at both Hibs clubstores, Easter Road and Gyle Shopping Centre, from November 22nd to December 22nd too.

PatHead
03-12-2021, 02:20 PM
Just a reminder if you are nipping out for shopping.

StevieT
03-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Thank you. Great shout.

Food donation collection before our game against Motherwell on Saturday 4th December. Look out for the HCF team opposite the clubstore and at Norton Park from around 13:45.

More details on the Christmas Appeal 2021 can be found here - https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/christmas-appeal-2021

There is currently a Food Bank collection points at both Hibs clubstores, Easter Road and Gyle Shopping Centre, from November 22nd to December 22nd too.

It's interesting to see that there is an option for people to donate money if they can't make the game. I think this is an excellent option and hope that those who won't make the game might consider still making a donation.

Power
03-12-2021, 04:42 PM
On the wishlist for Hibernian Community Foundation tomorrow:

Breakfast bars
Long Life Milk
Tea Bags
Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Marshmallows
Selection Boxes
Tinned Ham
Tinned Soup
Pasta

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Got a few bags packed and ready to go.

Criminal that this is even something we have to do but Hibs fans always step up to the plate.

HH81
03-12-2021, 05:09 PM
On the wishlist for Hibernian Community Foundation tomorrow:

Breakfast bars
Long Life Milk
Tea Bags
Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Marshmallows
Selection Boxes
Tinned Ham
Tinned Soup
Pasta

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I asked on twitter what is most needed and no one replied. I'll head to the supermarket once I get into Edinburgh and fill a bag up.

HH81
03-12-2021, 05:13 PM
Got a few bags packed and ready to go.

Criminal that this is even something we have to do but Hibs fans always step up to the plate.

Yes it is a shocker. Work allow us to volunteer once a year and I have worked at a food bank twice.

We ended up doing the packing where people picked them up once, it was heartbreaking to know what people have to do to feed themselves and children.

Handing the stuff over and thinking these are just normal people from all walks of life and they can't afford to eat is just unreal and very sad.

H18 SFR
03-12-2021, 05:29 PM
I just became a signatory this week at work for the food bank connect to my school. Genuinely stunned at the level of uptake. My wife has been a signatory for a few years and kept telling me but until you are actually involved like a previous poster highlighted you don’t truly realise.

HH81
04-12-2021, 07:39 AM
I just became a signatory this week at work for the food bank connect to my school. Genuinely stunned at the level of uptake. My wife has been a signatory for a few years and kept telling me but until you are actually involved like a previous poster highlighted you don’t truly realise.

Nice one. I think next year I'm going to help out again.

Work refused to let us this year due to covid.

On the train to Edinburgh now, hopefully they get a good amount of food and the Hibs win.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Bump!

Allant1981
04-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Taking a couple of bags along, absolutely crazy that in this day and age food banks are still a thing but lets do all we can to help

JohnMcM
04-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Done with pleasure.
Well done folks.
:flag:

Peanut Shaz
04-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Got a bag ready to drop off. I work very close to a Foodbank and see the numbers that use it on a daily basis. Absolutely awful that in 2021 people are having to use them.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2021, 10:30 AM
Wish I’d known this earlier in the week. Put a few things in a bag for today

HH81
04-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Just dropped a bag off. Seen quite a few others too.

Good work everyone.