PDA

View Full Version : That Flare

CentreLine
01-12-2021, 10:27 PM
At a time in the match when were enjoying the upper hand and building a head of steam some half wit throws a green flare on the park and stops the game. By the time the west coast football fans had retaliated with their own flare and the game was restarted we never reached that level again.
What is it about attention seeking idiots that they just have to have their moment?
Thanks, you idiot!!!!

Chorley Hibee
01-12-2021, 10:30 PM
I said pretty much the exact same to my friend at the game.

Thought it was our best period in the game and all our momentum was halted.

Benny Brazil
01-12-2021, 10:30 PM
At a time in the match when were enjoying the upper hand and building a head of steam some half wit throws a green flare on the park and stops the game. By the time the west coast football fans had retaliated with their own flare and the game was restarted we never reached that level again.
What is it about attention seeking idiots that they just have to have their moment?
Thanks, you idiot!!!!

Agreed - if that has come from the new Block 7 group then that isn't going to endear them to the club

mcohibs
01-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Thanks, you idiot!!!!

Anyone above the age of 14 who gets excited by smoke bombs or flares is an absolute roaster. Between that and the IRA songs, don't ****ing come back

01-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Thanks, you idiot!!!!

Should have been easy to pick him out on cctv and ban him.

PatHead
01-12-2021, 10:32 PM
We commented the same. That fanny could have cost us at least one point.

Glory Lurker
01-12-2021, 10:35 PM
I trust the enhanced cctv that we installed will mean the culprit can be identified. I hope we put it in the south stand too.

dp00
01-12-2021, 10:41 PM
I hope the rangers fans with flares at beginning are found and banned too … I suspect not given they stood there for a good few minutes and no steward or police done anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TelaStella
01-12-2021, 10:43 PM
Aye thought the same at the time. Big fan of smoke and flares but used effectively, not needlessly. Likely daftness by some wee dingle, don’t think it cost us the game. Equally annoying was the Yellow vests taking a week to deal with it, burning two large patches on the park as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeesforever
01-12-2021, 10:44 PM
Agree that it was totally the worst time in the match to throw a flare but totally ridiculous that that the referee waited until it went out and nobody just picked it up and threw it off the pitch...crazy

wookie70
01-12-2021, 10:47 PM
I said the same as the OP on the match thread. Idiotic behaviour and cost us all our momentum. If Macey had been hit with the one from the Dunbar end, that was clearly aimed at him, then it could have been nasty. Can we not have a wee area in the car park for the children to play before the game. No need for them to enter the stadium as they clearly have no idea how football works to throw a missile, stop the game to the opposition's advantage and cost their club money. Hope they are banned until they grow up.

Carheenlea
01-12-2021, 10:54 PM
It seemed to be smoking for a short time before being thrown - I wonder if whoever ignited it panicked and instinctively threw it away? Maybe even went off accidentally?

It was a strange time to decide to let one off and definitely took the sting out of what had been a promising spell for us.

mcohibs
01-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Agree that it was totally the worst time in the match to throw a flare but totally ridiculous that that the referee waited until it went out and nobody just picked it up and threw it off the pitch...crazy

Not really. Would I **** be going near any one of those things to pick it up if I didn't need to. There was a video doing the rounds of one blowing a Rangers fan's hand to pieces a while back. Anyone who brings these things into sports stadiums should be banned.

01-12-2021, 11:02 PM
We commented the same. That fanny could have cost us at least one point.

Goldson was down injured for a minute and a half, Beaton stopped the match for 2 and a half minutes for the flares and there were 5 subs so there should have been at least 6 and a half minutes injury time but there was only 5. The flare probably cost us at least a minute of game time to get an equaliser.

Jones28
01-12-2021, 11:35 PM
Hope the silly **** gets a lengthy ban

Franck Stanton
02-12-2021, 01:11 AM
Goldson was down injured for a minute and a half, Beaton stopped the match for 2 and a half minutes for the flares and there were 5 subs so there should have been at least 6 and a half minutes injury time but there was only 5. The flare probably cost us at least a minute of game time to get an equaliser.

And he only played 3 min injury time.

JimBHibees
02-12-2021, 05:41 AM
And he only played 3 min injury time.

5 minutes jnjury time should have been more

CentreLine
02-12-2021, 07:13 AM
It seemed to be smoking for a short time before being thrown - I wonder if whoever ignited it panicked and instinctively threw it away? Maybe even went off accidentally?

It was a strange time to decide to let one off and definitely took the sting out of what had been a promising spell for us.

Aye right! And that happens right enough 🙄

CL0762
02-12-2021, 07:39 AM

It seemed to have been let off by accident and was just left smoking, then one of the laddies next to it just picked it up and lobbed it towards the pitch to get it away.

They were shouting at another wee laddie telling him to ‘get to ******’ who I assume had set it off.

Greenbeard
02-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Tosser. Nuff said.

Keith_M
02-12-2021, 07:43 AM
What you have to remember about these twats is that they're not really there to support the team, this is all about them and how they look on TV and Social Media

Attention seeking idiots.

CentreLine
02-12-2021, 07:47 AM
It seemed to have been let off by accident and was just left smoking, then one of the laddies next to it just picked it up and lobbed it towards the pitch to get it away.

They were shouting at another wee laddie telling him to ‘get to ******’ who I assume had set it off.

Set off by accident😂
What did the numbskull think he was fiddling with in his pocket?
I’ve heard some excuses in my time…

Keith_M
02-12-2021, 07:50 AM
Set off by accident😂

He accidentally bought it and accidentally took it into the stadium then accidentally set it off.

CentreLine
02-12-2021, 07:53 AM
He accidentally bought it and accidentally took it into the stadium then accidentally set it off.

nailed it in three👍🏻

CL0762
02-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Set off by accident😂

Aw I’m far from making excuses, only going by what I seen at the time. The laddie let it off then just dropped it and seemed to be in a state of shock at what was happening.

Jones28
02-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Set off by accident😂

He's hardly making excuses for them.

mcohibs
02-12-2021, 08:24 AM

Was he with the bunch that were accidentally singing IRA songs? They can accidentally **** off

Pretty Boy
02-12-2021, 08:26 AM
A pedant writes.

It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.

Carheenlea
02-12-2021, 08:36 AM
Aw I’m far from making excuses, only going by what I seen at the time. The laddie let it off then just dropped it and seemed to be in a state of shock at what was happening.

That’s pretty much what I was suspecting had happened, and you being a bit closer to it backs that up.

Carheenlea
02-12-2021, 08:38 AM
A pedant writes.

It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.

How big are the flares that the Rangers fans brought in last night? Celtic had them as well so must be easy to smuggle in.

FilipinoHibs
02-12-2021, 09:05 AM

Reminds of the recent events when somebody just happened to find a coconut on the way to Tynie and accidently threw it on the pitch. Same limited IQ.

J-C
02-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Noticed no ones yet mentioned the Rangers smoke bomb/flare or whatever you want to call it thrown onto the pitch just missing Macey, far more dangerous.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-12-2021, 09:14 AM
Did they have strobes as well?

nonshinyfinish
02-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Noticed no ones yet mentioned the Rangers smoke bomb/flare or whatever you want to call it thrown onto the pitch just missing Macey, far more dangerous.

:confused:

It's mentioned multiple times in this thread, including in the OP.

J-C
02-12-2021, 10:52 AM
:confused:

It's mentioned multiple times in this thread, including in the OP.

Apologies missed that 👍

CentreLine
02-12-2021, 03:26 PM

Think you’ll find mention of that in the original post. However it was mentioned intentionally not to sound like whataboutery

J-C
02-12-2021, 04:36 PM
Think you’ll find mention of that in the original post. However it was mentioned intentionally not to sound like whataboutery

Think you'll find I apologised in the post above because I had misread the OP.

CentreLine
02-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Think you'll find I apologised in the post above because I had misread the OP.

My apologies I didn’t see that but I did write the original post and was a little quick to defend its accuracy.

J-C
02-12-2021, 04:52 PM
My apologies I didn’t see that but I did write the original post and was a little quick to defend its accuracy.

:aok:

LancashireHibby
02-12-2021, 09:23 PM
I’m starting to lean towards the theory that the best way to get rid of the smoke bombs is to actually permit their use in a safe, risk assessed manner as is the case in the MLS. They’re being thrown because they are well aware of the consequences if they are caught with them - the novelty will soon wear off once it’s no longer considered ‘edgy’ to have one. They’re a regular occurrence at games down here (several a game in some cases) and are quite often brought in by U16s because they aren’t allowed to be searched.

02-12-2021, 09:31 PM
I’m starting to lean towards the theory that the best way to get rid of the smoke bombs is to actually permit their use in a safe, risk assessed manner as is the case in the MLS. They’re being thrown because they are well aware of the consequences if they are caught with them - the novelty will soon wear off once it’s no longer considered ‘edgy’ to have one. They’re a regular occurrence at games down here (several a game in some cases) and are quite often brought in by U16s because they aren’t allowed to be searched.

Or they could use the cctv to work out who it was, ban them then post on social media that who did was banned, to act as a deterrent for others.

Stuart93
02-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Or they could use the cctv to work out who it was, ban them then post on social media that who did was banned, to act as a deterrent for others.

Probably wouldn’t work. I’d imagine there’s been a few banned before for the use of flares but still doesn’t seem to stop people

02-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Probably wouldn’t work. I’d imagine there’s been a few banned before for the use of flares but still doesn’t seem to stop people

You imagine but you don't actually know whether any have or haven’t. That supports my theory that they should put it on social media every time someone is banned for it, then there wouldn't be any doubt or need to guess about what, if anything, happened. Because we never hear about it then some might take the opposite view to you and think the culprit got away with it so it's okay to do it too. It would work better as a deterrent than not saying anything at all about it.

Nicho87
02-12-2021, 10:18 PM
Are flared not just the most pointless thing ever

Like it’s smoke, very pretty, not for stopping a football game

Carheenlea
03-12-2021, 08:57 AM
This won’t be a popular opinion, but as for the numerous flares in the South Stand as the teams emerged, I thought they looked great.

I get all the safety aspects and what not but simply as a spectacle , I have to admit I grudgingly admired it.

hibbyfraelibby
03-12-2021, 06:34 PM

Pity it didn't go off accidently when it was stuck down his Kalvin Kleins...