PDA

View Full Version : Team for tonight

erin go bragh
01-12-2021, 05:47 AM
Same team that knocked them out the cup surely

JohnM1875
01-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Think that's probably what will happen, aye.

Absolutely buzzing for the game tonight though! Can't wait to be back at Easter Road.

Tambo
01-12-2021, 07:15 AM
Would assume will be the same as last Sunday but definitely Jack has some thinking with Allan and Murphy.

Jones28
01-12-2021, 07:43 AM
Got to be same team as last Sunday, we need the energy in midfield and a back 5 doesn't make room for Murphy and Allan, at least not initially.

Bring them on when we're 3-0 up again.

worcesterhibby
01-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Our win over them in the Semi was a great performance, but it has to be said that at times our ball retention was not great. If we get an early goal, I can see us playing the same and letting them have possession and hitting on the break, but if we go a goal down or we are struggling to create chances I'd like to see both Allan and Murphy come on.

01-12-2021, 09:04 AM
I'd be happy enough if we started with the same team as the semi.

Supposedly revenge for the cup semi is to be their motivation. We have the injustice of Porteous's red at Ibrox and Lundstram getting off Scot free as ours (not that we should need any extra motivation), which I reckon cost us at least a point.

Unseen work
01-12-2021, 10:56 AM
Got to be the same team for me.

I appreciate several will be wanting Allan and Murphy in however it’s a completely different game.

Rangers will be at it from the off and have a real point to prove after the semi final. It doesn’t help with some of the things we’ve released like the t-shirt and Tik tok video of Goldson’s miss, that will only fuel their want to win.

We need to be at them all over the pitch, play with pace and not give them a second.

Steve88
01-12-2021, 11:23 AM
Really think tonight Nisbet is going to step up and be the star man - Rangers will perhaps give too much attention to boyle...

Torto7
01-12-2021, 11:26 AM

I appreciate several will be wanting Allan and Murphy in however it’s a completely different game.

Rangers will be at it from the off and have a real point to prove after the semi final. It doesn’t help with some of the things we’ve released like the t-shirt and Tik tok video of Goldson’s miss, that will only fuel their want to win.

We need to be at them all over the pitch, play with pace and not give them a second.

What doesnt help? We should take aim at them far more imo. Meekness doesnt apply with them.

Greenbeard
01-12-2021, 11:34 AM

Hopefully they will be so fired up some of them go tonto and get early yellows and maybe a red. What's the odds Brother Beaton?

B.H.F.C
01-12-2021, 11:47 AM
Think it’ll be the team from the semi and can’t really argue with that.

Only issue I have is if we do go with that and they score first, game plan is totally out the window as it’s a team set up to contain and hit on the break.

shamo9
01-12-2021, 12:10 PM
Think it’ll be the team from the semi and can’t really argue with that.

Only issue I have is if we do go with that and they score first, game plan is totally out the window as it’s a team set up to contain and hit on the break.

Yes, but if that happens we've got plan B waiting on the bench - Murphy, Allan, Gullan and/or Scott.

Franck Stanton
01-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Does it really matter what team we put out tonight?
Brother Beaton, assisted by brother Walsh will ensure a rangers victory, whatever it takes, penalties, bookings, red cards, offside goals you name it those blue nosed bigots will make sure the 3 points go west. Hate them with a passion.
SCOTLAND'S SHAME

lyonhibs
01-12-2021, 01:37 PM
Is the game on the telly tonight, what with it clashing with a Premiership evening?

nonshinyfinish
01-12-2021, 01:41 PM
Is the game on the telly tonight, what with it clashing with a Premiership evening?

It's on Sky – this set of EPL games are on Amazon Prime.

Iggy Pope
01-12-2021, 01:48 PM
Really think tonight Nisbet is going to step up and be the star man - Rangers will perhaps give too much attention to boyle...

I’m concerned about how much attention.
There are going to be times tonight that it might not be pretty. Hibernian need to be calm, strong and disciplined tonight and use our aggression when we need it as a positive, an energy. And if we are well up, gloat like **** then.

Unseen work
01-12-2021, 02:00 PM
I’m hoping Rangers will be that desperate on giving us a hiding that if it’s not going their way in the first 20 minutes or so they’ll lose discipline and composure.

I’m backing Campbell to score tonight and prove people wrong that he doesn’t do enough in that role.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Rangers will be predicting that we will play the same team as the semi and will be prepared. Is that us not being too predictable? I'd start Scott Allan. I think he deserves a start. Just my opinion of course.

bingo70
01-12-2021, 02:57 PM
Wonder if Joe Newell will start tonight.

Being up in court a couple of hours ago probably not ideal preparation for a game like this.

BlackSheep
01-12-2021, 03:00 PM

Being up in court a couple of hours ago probably not ideal preparation for a game like this.

Do tell.....

Allant1981
01-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Do tell.....

Drink driving charge, he was 2 or 3 times the limit

SteveHFC
01-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Do tell.....

Check hibs Web site

Callum_62
01-12-2021, 03:07 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-star-joe-newell-banned-from-roads-for-drink-driving-three-times-over-the-limit-3478538%3famp

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Callum_62
01-12-2021, 03:18 PM
I'd certainly be tempted to play the same team as the semi

Boyle coming in for Gullan

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Brightside
01-12-2021, 03:30 PM

Ffs. What is wrong with these guys.

makaveli1875
01-12-2021, 03:30 PM

What an utter ********, no excuse for that and I doubt he will be anywhere near the team after seeing the hibs statement. He's in big trouble

B.H.F.C
01-12-2021, 03:34 PM
What an utter ********, no excuse for that and I doubt he will be anywhere near the team after seeing the hibs statement. He's in big trouble

He’s had his punishment, from Hibs and the court.

They’d have been well aware of it and he’s continued to play so would be surprised if that changes.

Blaster
01-12-2021, 03:38 PM

He was in big trouble, a few weeks ago when it happened. Obviously Hibs couldn’t comment before his court appearance

Since452
01-12-2021, 03:43 PM

He was caught in October and played since.

et_hibby
01-12-2021, 04:00 PM
slightly off-topic but assuming no ticket pods tonight? Son's friends are asking about going (students, and he doesn't think they're on database) and I'm guessing no walk-up ticket availability? Anyone know for certain?

Unseen work
01-12-2021, 04:02 PM
Very disappointed and angered with Joe Newell for this.

It just shows that with such a low level of alcohol being allowed in the system, everyone should adhere to the zero tolerance guidelines.

The reading he gave could amount to two pints or so, you still see a lot of folk having a couple and driving thinking it is ok which clearly it is not.

Stupid laddie but hopefully he learns from it. Not the first and certainly won’t be the last.

Surprised at the disposal being banned for 12 months albeit I don’t know his previous.

Jim44
01-12-2021, 05:11 PM

Stupid guy but I don’t think that would preclude him from playing tonight.

wookie70
01-12-2021, 05:20 PM
What an utter ********, no excuse for that and I doubt he will be anywhere near the team after seeing the hibs statement. He's in big trouble Boyle came back stronger after the charge. No excuse though and the club statement is spot on. If he plays tonight hope he realises he is due the club some big performances. Hopefully no-one was hurt

Jim44
01-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Back to the match ……. interesting to see that Hibs have gone from 13/2 to 5/1 while Rangers’ odds have gone from 4/9 to 11/20. Must have been a few quid on Hibs.

Greenbeard
01-12-2021, 05:36 PM
Back to the match ……. interesting to see that Hibs have gone from 13/2 to 5/1 while Rangers’ odds have gone from 4/9 to 11/20. Must have been a few quid on Hibs.
3/1 the draw. 122/1 all four matches drawn.