PDA

View Full Version : Away Motherwell fans at Easter Road - pay at gate?

Cat Stanton
29-11-2021, 08:29 PM
Random query if anyone can help?

Got a Motherwell pal coming on Saturday who'll be with an elderly/infirm relative. He's asking me if they can definitely pay at the gate/buy tickets at the ground on the day, or whether he needs to buy them in advance from Motherwell?

He ironically lives in Edinburgh so doesn't want to traipse through to Motherwell (who would?) to get tickets. And wants to be sure in advance because his relative's not in great nick.

You certainly used to be able to buy tickets on the day for away teams like Motherwell ie with small supports - is that still the same? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2021, 08:33 PM
NO sales at Easter Rd on Saturday.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/11/29/get-your-tickets-for-hibs/

DH1875
29-11-2021, 08:37 PM
You can buy them online.

hibbyfraelibby
30-11-2021, 08:00 AM
A bit of a a tangent but does anyone remember when we had an actual pay cash at an actual turnstile at Easter Road?

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 10:39 AM
A bit of a a tangent but does anyone remember when we had an actual pay cash at an actual turnstile at Easter Road?

About 10 years ago, maybe longer. It was discovered that a turnstile operator was pocketing cash so cash gates stopped not long after that.

hibbysam
30-11-2021, 10:45 AM
Still can’t believe away fans can’t buy and print at home. Makes no sense at all to me.

loanheadhibby
30-11-2021, 10:48 AM

Yes remember it well. Suspect Hibs only seen half the cash and the rest went in cashiers pocket.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Still can’t believe away fans can’t buy and print at home. Makes no sense at all to me.

That will come eventually, The new SMT seem to be getting on top of ticketing issues.

One point of note though. These e tickets can easily be duplicated and once one is used does that cancel the ticket or would the duplicates still work? I'm not clued up on that sort of thing.

Diclonius
30-11-2021, 10:51 AM
That will come eventually, The new SMT seem to be getting on top of ticketing issues.

One point of note though. These e tickets can easily be duplicated and once one is used does that cancel the ticket or would the duplicates still work? I'm not clued up on that sort of thing.

I assume the QR code can only be scanned once.

hibbysam
30-11-2021, 10:57 AM

Used once. Once the QR/barcode is scanned it then cancels any subsequent scans of the same barcode.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 10:58 AM
I assume the QR code can only be scanned once.

Used once. Once the QR/barcode is scanned it then cancels any subsequent scans of the same barcode.

:aok:

Keith_M
30-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Wasn't there a problem at Rugby Park not so long ago where it was suspected some Rangers Fans had duplicated tickets?

I'm thinking of the game where, IIRC, they eventually broke in through an exit gate.

Carheenlea
30-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Wasn't there a problem at Rugby Park not so long ago where it was suspected some Rangers Fans had duplicated tickets?

I'm thinking of the game where, IIRC, they eventually broke in through an exit gate.

The duplicate tickets were up at Peterhead. Says a lot about a support that they would sell duplicate tickets to fellow fans and make them travel all the way up there and not get in. For the sake of 20 quid or so.
The popular method of Rangers fans accessing stadiums is the two through turnstile routine with one ticket I think. Had many cases of overcrowding at awaymatches and will be interesting to see how packed it is on concourses behind goals tomorrow night.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 11:37 AM
The duplicate tickets were up at Peterhead. Says a lot about a support that they would sell duplicate tickets to fellow fans and make them travel all the way up there and not get in. For the sake of 20 quid or so.
The popular method of Rangers fans accessing stadiums is the two through turnstile routine with one ticket I think. Had many cases of overcrowding at awaymatches and will be interesting to see how packed it is on concourses behind goals tomorrow night.

If you look at the South stand lower tier at Easter Rd when we play Hearts, Celtic or Rangers it always appears that there is far too many people in there and thats with the upper full as well. Check it out tomorrow.

BoomtownHibees
30-11-2021, 11:43 AM
If you look at the South stand lower tier at Easter Rd when we play Hearts, Celtic or Rangers it always appears that there is far too many people in there and thats with the upper full as well. Check it out tomorrow.

Can be folk going thru the turnstiles 2 at a time as well. Saw a fair bit of that at Hampden for the Scotland v Denmark game

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Can be folk going thru the turnstiles 2 at a time as well. Saw a fair bit of that at Hampden for the Scotland v Denmark game

Be a tight squeeze like, especially if you're a larger gentleman :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
30-11-2021, 11:58 AM

Aye I would have to shout on the steward to help me out of the turnstile

overdrive
30-11-2021, 12:24 PM

I barely fit through the turnstiles at Hampden and St Johnstone never mind with anyone else.

I’m fat but not that fat.

evy
30-11-2021, 12:42 PM

Guilty of doing that at Tynecastle on a couple of occasions.

Hibernia&Alba
30-11-2021, 12:43 PM
Aye I would have to shout on the steward to help me out of the turnstile

:hilarious

evy
30-11-2021, 12:43 PM

Apparently there has been 4 ballots and still showing unallocated tickets for their end tomorrow (boy at work raging).

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Apparently there has been 4 ballots and still showing unallocated tickets for their end tomorrow (boy at work raging).

Rangers said there was over 11,000 ticket applications for their game away to Hearts so I would imagine its similar numbers that have applied for Hibs away, no wonder your mate never got a ticket.

Hibernia&Alba
30-11-2021, 12:47 PM

Nae luck :lolrangers:

evy
30-11-2021, 01:08 PM
Rangers said there was over 11,000 ticket applications for their game away to Hearts so I would imagine its similar numbers that have applied for Hibs away, no wonder your mate never got a ticket.

Just don't understand of there's so many applications there's more than 1 ballot. I appreciate some successful will then return their ticket, but surely not that many.

Surely they wouldn't make up the number of applications they get.........

JimBHibees
30-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Why are we not allowing pay at the gate for games like this? For home and away fans?

hibbysam
30-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Why are we not allowing pay at the gate for games like this? For home and away fans?

Home fans can buy a ticket right up to kick off and present this. It’s the away fans that gets me, system should be designed to sell to home or away supporters.

JimBHibees
30-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Home fans can buy a ticket right up to kick off and present this. It’s the away fans that gets me, system should be designed to sell to home or away supporters.

Do we still use the pods?

Eyrie
30-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Presumably an away fan could do the same, if they weren't fussed about being in with the home support and it wasn't a category A game.

Agree that the system needs improved.

Cat Stanton
30-11-2021, 07:29 PM

Agreed. There must be away fans that turn up without a ticket, unaware that Hibs are doing this. What happens then - they end up in the home end? Doesn't seem very sensible.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful replies. Ticket office have since also confirmed there will no buy-on-the-day away tickets all season.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2021, 08:43 PM
Agreed. There must be away fans that turn up without a ticket, unaware that Hibs are doing this. What happens then - they end up in the home end? Doesn't seem very sensible.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful replies. Ticket office have since also confirmed there will no buy-on-the-day away tickets all season.

Most fans will plan ahead, especially in these uncertain times.

If they turn up at ER on Saturday without a ticket they won't get in, its as simple as that. They might be lucky and pick up spares or comps from Motherwell fans and staff but thats unlikely.

hibbysam
30-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Do we still use the pods?

Not sure if they are used but presumably not in covid times. No issue with that if you can buy online and have the ticket immediately, saves money, but have an issue if downloadable tickets isn’t an option so you realistically can’t buy a ticket after Friday afternoon.

JimBHibees
01-12-2021, 06:04 AM
Not sure if they are used but presumably not in covid times. No issue with that if you can buy online and have the ticket immediately, saves money, but have an issue if downloadable tickets isn’t an option so you realistically can’t buy a ticket after Friday afternoon.

I think certain fans may struggle with online and would prefer cash and physical ticket. If out of that habit may not bother to go.

hibbysam
01-12-2021, 10:29 AM
I think certain fans may struggle with online and would prefer cash and physical ticket. If out of that habit may not bother to go.

They don’t have the choice for either right now though. Unfortunately the world is going cashless and I’m not sure there’s any way to stop that happening.

HH81
01-12-2021, 12:21 PM
They don’t have the choice for either right now though. Unfortunately the world is going cashless and I’m not sure there’s any way to stop that happening.

You must be able to to the ticket office on a match day and buy a ticket with cash?

JimBHibees
01-12-2021, 12:26 PM

Fair enough

hibbysam
01-12-2021, 01:15 PM
You must be able to to the ticket office on a match day and buy a ticket with cash?

Possibly, I wasn’t Actually thinking of TO just the wee pods that I know aren’t open.

The Pointer
01-12-2021, 04:48 PM
What's the crack with Covid passports? Are they definitely required for a home league match?

I haven't managed to ER since they were introduced and am not particularly keen to dish out personal information to unknown 3rd parties.

Mikey_1875
01-12-2021, 05:06 PM
What's the crack with Covid passports? Are they definitely required for a home league match?

I haven't managed to ER since they were introduced and am not particularly keen to dish out personal information to unknown 3rd parties.

Yeah there will be random spot checks on them tonight and Saturday