PDA

View Full Version : "Block 7"?

lyonhibs
29-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it, but I saw something on social media from a group called Block 7 about a card display for the Rangers game in the East.

Is this a new/re incarnation of the group that just ended (Since 1875 were they called?)

Block 7 at ER is in the West Lower, seems like an unlikely place for a singing section/fans group organising card displays to base itself?

Looking forward to seeing what Wednesday holds either way now!

Carheenlea
29-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Good on them - look forward to seeing what they do

https://i.postimg.cc/jqQQjB5n/C63-B06-B0-948-F-42-C4-8-F42-B9-D87-D853-C81.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Rqhnsswv)

houstonhibbee
29-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Good on them - look forward to seeing what they do

https://i.postimg.cc/jqQQjB5n/C63-B06-B0-948-F-42-C4-8-F42-B9-D87-D853-C81.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Rqhnsswv)
Out of interest do displays require approval from Hibs before they are displayed?

JXM73
29-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Nothing against the lads but east will be 2/3 empty when teams coming out...

bigwheel
29-11-2021, 08:25 PM
Nothing against the lads but east will be 2/3 empty when teams coming out...

Agreed…good that they have made an effort…but wrong choice…will be sporadic….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
30-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Not if it's just banners reading something out? Then it'll be fine which is hopefully the case..

evy
30-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Not if it's just banners reading something out? Then it'll be fine which is hopefully the case..

Says if you have material at your seat to hold it above your head, so presuming it's a card style tifo.

bigwheel
30-11-2021, 12:30 PM
Says if you have material at your seat to hold it above your head, so presuming it's a card style tifo.

Hope they change their plans to Jammy’s suggestion - think there will be a lot of gaps in the stand at kick off time

RyeSloan
30-11-2021, 12:32 PM
Who / What are Block Seven?

A Shed Seven tribute band…quite fancy that on the drum actually [emoji2957]

evy
30-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Hope they change their plans to Jammy’s suggestion - think there will be a lot of gaps in the stand at kick off time

Don't think that would be possible at this stage, these things tend to take some amount of planning. I do think there'll be gaps as well.

Hannah_hfc
30-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Not sure if ticket sales for tomorrow have been discussed elsewhere but it’s not looking great for tomorrow. Does anyone know if the Block 7 display will take up the whole stand or just a section?

Starting to fear I’ll be the only person in my area within 38 holding the display up [emoji28]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211130/f030001f5aecd3822b76912536674738.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Not sure if ticket sales for tomorrow have been discussed elsewhere but it’s not looking great for tomorrow. Does anyone know if the Block 7 display will take up the whole stand or just a section?

Starting to fear I’ll be the only person in my area within 38 holding the display up [emoji28]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211130/f030001f5aecd3822b76912536674738.jpg

Famous Five situation really does need sorted out looking at that map.

evy
30-11-2021, 02:18 PM
Famous Five situation really does need sorted out looking at that map.

Hopefully the folk behind this group can get into dialogue with the club about being in the FF lower. Be the best place, hate to say it, but look at what the Union Bears do at Greyskull and European clubs do with their groups behind the goal.

Ivan_Sproule
30-11-2021, 02:21 PM

At the risk of spoiling the surprise, walked past this morning and looks like its a flag for every seat of the new white "HFC" seats. So maybe head along a little earlier if you can if you're on a white seat.

JammyDoidger
30-11-2021, 02:24 PM
Our attendances really are poor this season, mind under lennon we had fans in the south regularly, for a team that's finished third and are regularly going to hampden, it's quite concerning.

ABZHFC
30-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Our attendances really are poor this season, mind under lennon we had fans in the south regularly, for a team that's finished third and are regularly going to hampden, it's quite concerning.

As far as I'm concerned, it's proof that prices are the real issue, not what's happening on the park. It has become far too expensive for walk-ups at Easter Road these days

ABZHFC
30-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Hopefully the folk behind this group can get into dialogue with the club about being in the FF lower. Be the best place, hate to say it, but look at what the Union Bears do at Greyskull and European clubs do with their groups behind the goal.

Agreed, should be starting with the cup game against Queens/Cove in January

30-11-2021, 02:36 PM

Yep, it tells a story for me. Prices are part of the problem.

JammyDoidger
30-11-2021, 02:42 PM
Yep, it tells a story for me. Prices are part of the problem.

Something that needs serious discussion ahead of next season, don't know about anyone else but I've been getting it all season from the jambos, sticky's and the other unwashed mob about it when they're watching games or highlights. We need to get bums on seats and fast.

30-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Something that needs serious discussion ahead of next season, don't know about anyone else but I've been getting it all season from the jambos, sticky's and the other unwashed mob about it when they're watching games or highlights. We need to get bums on seats and fast.

Prices combined with performances on the pitch, it really is a perfect storm for people not to attend.

Prices in Scotland should be capped at £20 a ticket. Its Scottish Football.

ABZHFC
30-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Prices combined with performances on the pitch, it really is a perfect storm for people not to attend.

Prices in Scotland should be capped at £20 a ticket. Its Scottish Football.

Yep, affordable prices should be the league's main selling point. Especially as many kids will grow up nowadays thinking football is a TV show, where only the biggest names are worth watching

30-11-2021, 02:59 PM
Especially as many kids will grow up nowadays thinking football is a TV show, where only the biggest names are worth watching

That is a very important point.

The pricing this season is ridiculous especially when there was no reward for fans who paid for Season Tickets during Lockdown and there were clubs who gave out free season tickets, not that I'd expect Hibs to do that but where is the reward for loyalty.

The fans have also been failed with the Cup Final ticketing, clubs fault or not their fault the fact remains that fans have been failed and are being taken for granted.

Broken Gnome
30-11-2021, 03:01 PM
As far as I'm concerned, it's proof that prices are the real issue, not what's happening on the park. It has become far too expensive for walk-ups at Easter Road these days

Think it's been said a few times on here that cutting prices by a few quid doesn't really have the desired effect, to any great level anyway.

Putting them up though is always going to give people the opportunity to bother less often or not at all.

Fair to say Hibs are suffering from this more than others? Most other attendances look steady, both from the fake figures and how stadiums look on match day. ER is about half empty though, and at least 2k down on where we'd realistically look to be.

30-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Fair to say Hibs are suffering from this more than others? Most other attendances look steady, both from the fake figures and how stadiums look on match day. ER is about half empty though, and at least 2k down on where we'd realistically look to be.

Hibs giving tickets sold as opposed to through the turnstile really does mask the problem.

Attendances have been very poor this season.

You do have to wonder what is the biggest factor on attendances, pricing or the manager and performances on the pitch?

WhileTheChief..
30-11-2021, 03:15 PM
Covid?

30-11-2021, 03:18 PM
Covid?

Other clubs are selling out run of the mill League Games and stadiums are full in England. We have almost sold out for a Cup Final but our home attendances remain poor. Large away supports taken to Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

bigwheel
30-11-2021, 03:19 PM
Other clubs are selling out run of the mill League Games and stadiums are full in England. We have almost sold out for a Cup Final but our home attendances remain poor.

Outside the old firm - What other clubs ?

30-11-2021, 03:20 PM
Outside the old firm - What other clubs ?

Our city neighbours, some will jump on that but their attendances are what ours should be.

CropleyWasGod
30-11-2021, 03:23 PM
Our city neighbours, some will jump on that but their attendances are what ours should be.

Edinburgh City don't sell out. They do, however, count attendees only in their crowd numbers.

bigwheel
30-11-2021, 03:23 PM

Your …I mean ….Their attendances have been excellent this season - you could have come out and said that directly - rather than go around the houses 1874

They did have some sort of cheap season ticket deal this season. And in addition, they were back playing big teams like us , rather than their relegation season last year - quite a different context from us

B.H.F.C
30-11-2021, 03:27 PM

They’re not selling run of the mill league games but they are getting more in to the stadium than us.

The map for tomorrow looks really poor (and that’s before you consider quite a few of those seats that are sold will be unoccupied).

DIXIHIBS
30-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Think theres a few reasons our attendances are down. Rangers/celtic/hertz have remained strong. Huns...league champs. Celtic...new manager/decent signings. Hertz...promoted and big chip on shoulder after being demoted. Hibs had a good last season but it all ended very flat after cup final etc. There was no buzz about the club at the start of the season. Hopefully things are starting to look up now. You saw how beating huns at hampden that one game can lift the whole club. Fans will start to drift back...it just takes a bit of time....and a few big wins.

30-11-2021, 03:30 PM
The map for tomorrow looks really poor (and that’s before you consider quite a few of those seats that are sold will be unoccupied).

Yes, the FF Lower will look virtually empty tomorrow night.

DIXIHIBS
30-11-2021, 03:32 PM
Yes, the FF Lower will look virtually empty tomorrow night.

You need to back tae keekback.

weecounty hibby
30-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Anybody who compares hearts attendances with ours needs to have a look at their games on the telly. There were masses of spaces at tiny on Saturday. Not sure what they claimed as the attendance but it sure as **** wasn't north of 14000

30-11-2021, 03:37 PM
You need to back tae keekback.

No, the problem with the FF Lower is a current hot topic and related to this thread. It is where Block 7 should be located long term. That fact is clear as day.

And our home attendances this season are a concern. You said it yourself, we need results in the bigger games to get people back.

ancient hibee
30-11-2021, 03:45 PM
Covid?

And live TV.

brog
30-11-2021, 03:55 PM
Think it's been said a few times on here that cutting prices by a few quid doesn't really have the desired effect, to any great level anyway.

Putting them up though is always going to give people the opportunity to bother less often or not at all.

There's been many studies which show that price cutting, unless really dramatic, has very little effect on attendances. I agree, is someone who won't pay £26 to go to The Well game on Saturday going to go if its reduced to £22 or even £20? I seriously doubt it. At the end of the day it's the product on the park which sells tickets. Demand also creates demand. When we had 14k season tickets, the walk ups sold quickly because there weren't many spare tickets, now there are plenty. Add to that the continuing pandemic uncertainty and our erratic form and the downturn in numbers is understandable. Win the cup and we'll sell a decent number of half season tickets.

30-11-2021, 03:59 PM
There's been many studies which show that price cutting, unless really dramatic, has very little effect on attendances. I agree, is someone who won't pay £26 to go to The Well game on Saturday going to go if its reduced to £22 or even £20? I seriously doubt it. At the end of the day it's the product on the park which sells tickets. Demand also creates demand. When we had 14k season tickets, the walk ups sold quickly because there weren't many spare tickets, now there are plenty. Add to that the continuing pandemic uncertainty and our erratic form and the downturn in numbers is understandable. Win the cup and we'll sell a decent number of half season tickets.

Good Post, when put like that the SPFL really have shafted Hibs. I wonder how many half season tickets we might have sold with the guarantee of a Cup Final Ticket?

With more tickets available an offer could have been run but the club went with two per season ticket.

JimBHibees
30-11-2021, 04:01 PM
And live TV.

Yep season ticket holders able to watch the game in their house will be an undoubted factor plus live tv. Wouldn't miss tomorrow for the world think it will be an excellent game.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2021, 04:04 PM

Everything noted there is valid but I think, ultimately, it just comes down to how much folk want to go and watch. A lot of folk, whatever the reason, just aren’t that fussed for going to watch this team. Season ticket holders next to me aren’t turning up all the time and it’s not really for any other reason than the fact they can’t really be bothered.

Of all the reasons I think Covid will probably be having the smallest impact. There will undoubtedly be people who are steering clear of this type of setting but I don’t think it’ll account for too big a number of the empty seats.

hibeerealist
30-11-2021, 04:09 PM
We
Other clubs are selling out run of the mill League Games and stadiums are full in England. We have almost sold out for a Cup Final but our home attendances remain poor. Large away supports taken to Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

Performances on the pitch will always dictate our attendance figures.

Alfred E Newman
30-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Out of interest do displays require approval from Hibs before they are displayed?

I would imagine the club would want to know , especially if it involves some sort of wording .

Keith_M
30-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Not meaning to disagree with anybody regarding performances, but two of our last three games have been pretty exciting.

Hopefully we can keep that going and encourage people to attend more regularly. Winning the League Cup would definitely help as well :)

FWIW,I do know one person that doesn't want to go to games just now because they're worried about Covid, though obviously I've no idea how widespread that is.

Brightside
30-11-2021, 04:42 PM
How a request from the Block 7 guys can turn into the usual suspects slagging the club again is highly depressing.

JimBHibees
30-11-2021, 04:46 PM
How a request from the Block 7 guys can turn into the usual suspects slagging the club again is highly depressing.

That not singular :greengrin

Broken Gnome
30-11-2021, 04:52 PM

You can't exactly have a red line on every thread which somehow or supposedly can't be crossed.

And naturally, supporter group ambitions becomes a talking point about the size of support when there aren't enough supporters.

hibbysam
30-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Everything noted there is valid but I think, ultimately, it just comes down to how much folk want to go and watch. A lot of folk, whatever the reason, just aren’t that fussed for going to watch this team. Season ticket holders next to me aren’t turning up all the time and it’s not really for any other reason than the fact they can’t really be bothered.

Of all the reasons I think Covid will probably be having the smallest impact. There will undoubtedly be people who are steering clear of this type of setting but I don’t think it’ll account for too big a number of the empty seats.

Covid right now will be having a small impact, but the biggest impact for me is coming out of the pandemic - people being used to not going, the habit of watching us on tele last year was easy to say ‘**** it I’ll do something else’ and it’s hard to turn that around. Of course other clubs are the same but it’s easy to see why they’re getting crowds. Rangers and Celtic will sell out regardless when they are in the same league, hearts felt an injustice, got promoted and have started very well. They also gave shedloads of tickets away.

Our support latched onto the boring tag last season and it’s continued this year. I must admit I play Saturdays but still have my season ticket, have barely been this season though, either through playing or going to watch Preston. That’s nothing to do with the team but just find it easier to stay local and get decent value.

LeithMike
30-11-2021, 04:58 PM
Hibs giving tickets sold as opposed to through the turnstile really does mask the problem.

Attendances have been very poor this season.

You do have to wonder what is the biggest factor on attendances, pricing or the manager and performances on the pitch?I think there is a bit of a glass ceiling effect after coming 3rd last year. Hearts are now getting better crowds as they can see an upwards trajectory and don't quite know where the limit is yet. It was the same with us when we got promoted and got better crowds than Hearts who had started to stagnate. We were on the up and we didn't know where the limit was. After a few years, the freshness is lost and its a case of best we can do is 3rd and we play the same teams 4 times. I think Aberdeen have suffered from this too.

Not sure what you do to address this but its fairly symptomatic of having 2 dominant teams sharing the top prize between themselves and stifling competition.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

30-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Covid right now will be having a small impact, but the biggest impact for me is coming out of the pandemic - people being used to not going, the habit of watching us on tele last year was easy to say ‘**** it I’ll do something else’ and it’s hard to turn that around. Of course other clubs are the same but it’s easy to see why they’re getting crowds. Rangers and Celtic will sell out regardless when they are in the same league, hearts felt an injustice, got promoted and have started very well. They also gave shedloads of tickets away.

Our support latched onto the boring tag last season and it’s continued this year. I must admit I play Saturdays but still have my season ticket, have barely been this season though, either through playing or going to watch Preston. That’s nothing to do with the team but just find it easier to stay local and get decent value.

That's the 1st I've heard about Hearts giving loads of tickets away. Where did you hear/read about that one and how many have they given away?

B.H.F.C
30-11-2021, 05:42 PM

Your example is kind of the point I’m trying to make in that for all the reasons given from cost to Covid to games being on TV, folk just don’t value actually going enough just now. When folk have already parted with their hard earned cash and still aren’t really fussed for going, that’s a problem for the club IMO. As I mentioned there are folk around me who were previously there every week that just pick and choose these days, even though they still have their season ticket.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2021, 05:45 PM
That's the 1st I've heard about Hearts giving loads of tickets away. Where did you hear/read about that one and how many have they given away?

Maybe he meant cheap season tickets, as they didn’t get the full no of games in the championship. Lad I’ve just been on holiday with, him and his wife got £200 off each of their tickets

30-11-2021, 05:46 PM
Maybe he meant cheap season tickets, as they didn’t get the full no of games in the championship. Lad I’ve just been on holiday with, him and his wife got £200 off each of their tickets

Ah right, thanks. Bit pointless comparing us to them then.

Itsnoteasy
30-11-2021, 10:34 PM

My best mate a jambo. Adult & Child season tix.
Ann Budge guaranteed the fans 18 home games. When this could not be achieved they started to throw all different options at him.

1. We will allow you to watch on Hearts TV. If you watch one game you've effectively committed to the whole season, whether watching 1 game or 18.
He refused & never logged into Hearts TV.

2. Give you the value of season tickets to spend in club shop.
He refused.

3. Give you the value of season ticket to spend in hospitality.
He refused.

4. 2 season tix this season & never paid a penny towards them.

tamig
30-11-2021, 11:11 PM
At the risk of spoiling the surprise, walked past this morning and looks like its a flag for every seat of the new white "HFC" seats. So maybe head along a little earlier if you can if you're on a white seat.

I drove past last night and saw what I thought were a load of flags beside the new white lettering on the seats.

01-12-2021, 06:49 AM
My best mate a jambo. Adult & Child season tix.
Ann Budge guaranteed the fans 18 home games. When this could not be achieved they started to throw all different options at him.

1. We will allow you to watch on Hearts TV. If you watch one game you've effectively committed to the whole season, whether watching 1 game or 18.
He refused & never logged into Hearts TV.

2. Give you the value of season tickets to spend in club shop.
He refused.

3. Give you the value of season ticket to spend in hospitality.
He refused.

4. 2 season tix this season & never paid a penny towards them.

And they've got the cheek to slag off our ticket sales. That's Jambos for you. Still, at least what you've described gives us an easy response. 👍

B.H.F.C
01-12-2021, 06:55 AM
And they've got the cheek to slag off our ticket sales. That's Jambos for you. Still, at least what you've described gives us an easy response. 👍

Even with the above I don’t think they sold a huge amount more season tickets than us.

Think where we have a bit of an issue is the moment is with the number of seats bought going unused. Tonight for example, with season tickets, away tickets and hospitality sold out that gives you 15-16k tickets sold (before walk ups) but there’s no way there’ll only be 4K empty seats.

The_Exile
01-12-2021, 08:11 AM
People just simply have less disposable income to spend these days with everything going up apart from wages. Edinburgh ain’t a cheap place to live in comparison to other places in Scotland with big football clubs. Football, for many, is easily the first thing that gets chopped from the monthly budget.

timewilltell
01-12-2021, 08:27 AM
Covid?

English Premiership grounds are full every week...

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2021, 08:31 AM

I saw lots of empty seats at wolves on match of the day.

01-12-2021, 08:58 AM

Maybe the vaccine mandate (which they don't have) has been having an effect.

Keith_M
01-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Anyway....

Looking forward to seeing the display

wookie70
01-12-2021, 09:27 AM
As far as I'm concerned, it's proof that prices are the real issue, not what's happening on the park. It has become far too expensive for walk-ups at Easter Road these days Nothing to do with a world wide pandemic then

Not In The Know
01-12-2021, 09:35 AM

Our local club have on a few occasions been given large batches for their match against the likes of Motherwell etc.

BlackSheep
01-12-2021, 09:43 AM
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it, but I saw something on social media from a group called Block 7 about a card display for the Rangers game in the East.

Is this a new/re incarnation of the group that just ended (Since 1875 were they called?)

Block 7 at ER is in the West Lower, seems like an unlikely place for a singing section/fans group organising card displays to base itself?

Looking forward to seeing what Wednesday holds either way now!

I think their name 'Black 7' refers to them being in the 7th Block of seats in the east when you look at it from the West, counting left to right.... that where the singing section are based again.

Mick O'Rourke
01-12-2021, 11:09 AM
Good luck to Block 7 taking over the reins.

Look forward to their imaginations /creativity on chants/songs banners and the likes.
If and when they move to Lower FF will there be another name change;-).
I thought "Since1875" was really good.
The new name reminds of an old Aussie tv show
Prisoner in cell block 7 !!

Good luck Block 7

GGTTH

Keith_M
01-12-2021, 11:16 AM
Good luck to Block 7 taking over the reins.

Look forward to their imaginations /creativity on chants/songs banners and the likes.
If and when they move to Lower FF will there be another name change;-).
I thought "Since1875" was really good.
The new name reminds of an old Aussie tv show
Prisoner in cell block 7 !!

Good luck Block 7

GGTTH

IIRC, they had intended to call it gate 7, then realised it was a bad idea, as there's a fascist group of the same name following Olympiakis.

I would have thought reverting the name to Section 43 would be a good idea but I don't imagine they'd be interested in the opinion of an old duffer like me.

:wink:

Mick O'Rourke
01-12-2021, 12:22 PM
IIRC, they had intended to call it gate 7, then realised it was a bad idea, as there's a fascist group of the same name following Olympiakis.

I would have thought reverting the name to Section 43 would be a good idea but I don't imagine they'd be interested in the opinion of an old duffer like me.

:wink:
Section 43 could be worse and possibly ripe for ridicule
Its close to a phrase used for places we send patients to in Carstairs

Being sectioned in Block 7 !!

Lockdown!!

Bring back Since 1875

brog
01-12-2021, 12:52 PM

I see we are/were doing a Black Friday offer with reduced prices for the Dundee and Livi home games. I don't know value of the offer but I'll have a friendly wager with you that there will be minimal difference in the attendance.

Iggy Pope
01-12-2021, 01:02 PM
I think their name 'Black 7' refers to them being in the 7th Block of seats in the east when you look at it from the West, counting left to right.... that where the singing section are based again.

I noticed that St Johnstone’s wee band of warriors had a visual dig at them on Saturday over all the name changes.
Went largely ignored as far as I could see😁

Mick O'Rourke
01-12-2021, 01:17 PM
I see we are/were doing a Black Friday offer with reduced prices for the Dundee and Livi home games. I don't know value of the offer but I'll have a friendly wager with you that there will be minimal difference in the attendance.

Club knows attendance will be low for these games little away crowd and hum an haw from walk ups

Well it is possibly for some the most expensive and worrying month of the year
And dare i say some are really toiling this Christmas period
So much presure this annual commercial binge that has nought to do wih Jesus puts on poor families

Hibs could have as a Christmas present give half the south to local school/clubs for free to one of the games
Parent /gaurdian too

01-12-2021, 01:32 PM
I noticed that St Johnstone’s wee band of warriors had a visual dig at them on Saturday over all the name changes.
Went largely ignored as far as I could see😁

Didn't notice any banners or anything of theirs, what was the dig?

Keith_M
01-12-2021, 01:35 PM
Went largely ignored as far as I could see��

Only really saw that on here, after the match.

Just a bit of banter, and I thought it was quite funny. :)

Now, if somebody could do something about those damn drums. They constantly woke me up on Saturday, just as I was drifting off.

:grr:

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2021, 01:40 PM
Maybe they should call themselves S Block 7? They could come up with new lyrics to Reach 😉

01-12-2021, 01:46 PM
Maybe they should call themselves S Block 7? They could come up with new lyrics to Reach 😉

Or the East 7 Team and do Stay Another Day.

Iggy Pope
01-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Didn't notice any banners or anything of theirs, what was the dig?

Sort of rolled from the top of their wee crew with banners with red lines through monikers like 12th Man, Sect 43etc., ending at the bottom in 5th Time Lucky. They were clearly proud of it and I could see from where I was sitting that they were a bit shattered it didn’t get more reaction 😁

Iggy Pope
01-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Only really saw that on here, after the match.

Just a bit of banter, and I thought it was quite funny. :)

Now, if somebody could do something about those damn drums. They constantly woke me up on Saturday, just as I was drifting off.

:grr:

Aye, it was banter. Probably always is.

Since452
01-12-2021, 05:00 PM
Looks like the display is on the "HFC" seats in the east.

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2021, 05:30 PM
Looks like the display is on the "HFC" seats in the east.

So, it will just look like empty seats 😉

gbhibby
01-12-2021, 09:50 PM
Banner was superb

TelaStella
01-12-2021, 10:52 PM
Banner was superb

Didn’t see the banner what did it read? As for the flags, appreciate both the effort and the vision but it wasn’t the right idea for tonight. Hopefully a quick lesson learned.

Carheenlea
01-12-2021, 11:06 PM
Didn’t see the banner what did it read? As for the flags, appreciate both the effort and the vision but it wasn’t the right idea for tonight. Hopefully a quick lesson learned.

Looked a bit better straight on from my seat in the West but not the most effective with absentee fans. Needs full stands to work better. Good initiative though and something at Hampden in a couple of weeks for example would perhaps be more striking.

https://i.postimg.cc/bwtf7NkM/60-AAA337-28-C0-4445-9124-8-D2-A76-B6-C074.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

TelaStella
01-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Looked a bit better straight on from my seat in the West but not the most effective with absentee fans. Needs full stands to work better. Good initiative though and something at Hampden in a couple of weeks for example would perhaps be more striking.

https://i.postimg.cc/bwtf7NkM/60-AAA337-28-C0-4445-9124-8-D2-A76-B6-C074.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I think the banner would of sufficed enough. It’s not even the lack of numbers but the two shades of green and differing coloured letters just kills it, full or empty. Agree re hampden, hope we see something lined up in due course.

Allant1981
02-12-2021, 05:55 AM
Fair play to the fans for setting it up but dont think it looks that great but again fair play for trying to get the fans doing somerhing at a game

CL0762
02-12-2021, 07:33 AM
They won’t last long if they keep up the behaviour from last night.

At least 8/9 times they tried to shoehorn in the IRA/Irish republican army into a song. Not good enough I’m afraid.

02-12-2021, 07:38 AM
They won’t last long if they keep up the behaviour from last night.

At least 8/9 times they tried to shoehorn in the IRA/Irish republican army into a song. Not good enough I’m afraid.

We are not Celtic and these songs are nothing to do with Hibs.

FilipinoHibs
02-12-2021, 07:55 AM
We are not Celtic and these songs are nothing to do with Hibs.

But the club was founded by Irish people escaping the forced famine from the British state. Many of these desendants still follow Hibs. The IRA arose again after British soldiers killed 14 unarmed protesters. Not condoning the IRA or having their songs sung at ER. But Hibs have strong links to Ireland's fight for independence- James Connolly being a case in point.

Rumble de Thump
02-12-2021, 08:00 AM
But the club was founded by Irish people escaping the forced famine from the British state. Many of these desendants still follow Hibs. The IRA arose again after British soldiers killed 14 unarmed protesters. Not condoning the IRA or having their songs sung at ER. But Hibs have strong links to Ireland's fight for independence- James Connolly being a case in point.

It's a football club.

02-12-2021, 08:03 AM

Absolutely nothing to do with Hibs. With respect, I am not interested in any of what you have just posted and am glad as a fanbase we are not like that.

Juniper Greens
02-12-2021, 08:05 AM
That flare cost us the momentum, which ultimately might have cost us 3 points. Coupled with the IRA songs, means I won't be donating to any fundraising requests this group have in the future, until they clean up their act considerably. Shame, as I had donated to the previous groups in the past.
Stupid name (basically a cheap copy of the olympiakos fascist group) and now the IRA songs however, lead me to think that it's a silly wee group of boys running this group, who don't understand the implications of what they are saying and doing

Keith_M
02-12-2021, 08:06 AM

So you're not condoning it but you're excusing it?

Anybody singing that crap at ER can take a hike.

Jones28
02-12-2021, 08:11 AM

No no no no no no no no no.

We were founded by Irish migrants, thats where our ties to Ireland stop and our roots in Leith and Edinburgh begin, and are the most important part of our history.

If these wee fannies are going to lob flares on to the pitch and sing ***** like that they can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2021, 08:12 AM
I have a huge interest in Irish history and the history of the Irish diaspora. I am fascinated by, and have some strong opinions on, the politics of the 6 counties. My daughters name was even inspired in part by a lady who had a very famous song, often sung by Celtic fans, written about her.

I don't really have any inclination to sing about that at a football match though. I'm proud of Hibs history and it should be integral to our identity but that doesn't translate to singing songs about the Republican movements of the 1900s through the 20s or the resurgent movement of the 70s onwards. The latter is quite frankly nothing to do with Hibs.

As for the display I thought the banner was funny. I had no idea what the flags and cards were supposed to say at the game though. Looking at the pictures above I've still not got a clue. I assume it's supposed to be HFC but you'd need the Rosetta Stone to figure it out.

Daniel 1875
02-12-2021, 08:30 AM
I think it's important the new group don't get the same treatment from supporters as previous groups have whereby blame for anything bad that happens at a game is automatically laid at their door (bottle lobbed on and fan jumping the fence vs. Rangers a few years ago).

The songs last night were out of order and luckily didn't get enough traction to be heard more than a section either side of 43, but they are young guys so hopefully that'll be the last time they try to start them - if no one else joins in (which they won't) then they'll not last very long in the songbook. They've been getting some airtime at away games this season from a small bunch of fans but usually get shut down quickly.

The flare being lobbed on is another matter and it appears the group have distanced themselves from that incident on Twitter and denied any involvement. They'll catch the person responsible but important to remember Section 43 of the East (and seats surrounding) is much greater in number than those part of Block Seven - easy to lay the blame on those guys for anything that happens at that end of the stand but we're talking about 1000+ people in that area of the ground which tends to attract those that want to sing/stand etc in big games.

Fair play to them for putting in the hours to pull together their first display, and for largely being the only noise in the stadium last night. Like anything new there will be things to learn and hopefully we give them the time to get it right. But important they - and other Hibs fans - cut out the IRA stuff quickly.

Carheenlea
02-12-2021, 08:40 AM

Most Hibs fans don’t require lecturing about the history of our club. We are all well versed in the topic thanks.

Brightside
02-12-2021, 08:48 AM

Ffs.

Tambo
02-12-2021, 08:48 AM
Thought the display was good and it was what it was intended to be just the HFC.

Not sure about throwing flares on the pitch though.

Just Alf
02-12-2021, 07:27 PM
That flare cost us the momentum, which ultimately might have cost us 3 points. Coupled with the IRA songs, means I won't be donating to any fundraising requests this group have in the future, until they clean up their act considerably. Shame, as I had donated to the previous groups in the past.
Stupid name (basically a cheap copy of the olympiakos fascist group) and now the IRA songs however, lead me to think that it's a silly wee group of boys running this group, who don't understand the implications of what they are saying and doingAgree with this, even bought the t-shirt!

Hopefully they can up their game as they are really welcome if they can :agree

Edit: just to add, I don't mind the name, the guys just need be to big enough to put their own stamp on it and own it from a Hibs perspective.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2021, 07:34 PM
So you're not condoning it but you're excusing it?

Anybody singing that crap at ER can take a hike.

Yup. I'm confident that it won't but the day that songs about the IRA become more prevalent at Easter Road, is the day I'll jack it in.

If I wanted to be subjected to that kind of nonsense I'd buy a season ticket at Parkhead.

Itsnoteasy
03-12-2021, 07:20 PM

That's crap Southampton v LLeicester the other day was 6K short of a sell out & there are plenty others.

Iggy Pope
03-12-2021, 07:50 PM

There is ample scope to commemorate and celebrate our roots and our past and present without singing the old party songs. That’s a pastime that’s firmly a thing of the past and simply gives others on all sides, even ours, something else to get outraged about.

St.Kristopher
03-12-2021, 08:12 PM
Looks like we finally have a topic our support agrees with. Never thought I would see the day.