PDA

View Full Version : Craig Bryson

Since452
27-11-2021, 06:04 PM
What was he all about today? Was like a man possessed going after Porto. Idiotic performance. I'm guessing he didn't much like the semi final.

green day
27-11-2021, 06:12 PM
What was he all about today? Was like a man possessed going after Porto. Idiotic performance. I'm guessing he didn't much like the semi final.

He should have been off before he got the red. He left one on Nisbet before Porto then tried to do Newell.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Don’t know who the pundit on BBC was on the way home, suggesting that the first wasn’t a yellow as Porto seen it coming!
Erse.
I thought the top pocket action coming from the ref darting in like he did meant a certain straight red and it wouldn’t have been out of place.

27-11-2021, 06:16 PM
Don’t know who the pundit on BBC was on the way home, suggesting that the first wasn’t a yellow as Porto seen it coming!
Erse.
I thought the top pocket action coming from the ref darting in like he did meant a certain straight red and it wouldn’t have been out of place.

Was may be Richard Foster?

SaulGoodman
27-11-2021, 06:16 PM
Erse.

Richard Foster, as impartial as they come.. 🙄

Crab apple
27-11-2021, 06:35 PM
Erse.

Richard Foster. He made a number of disparaging comments about Porto. Still bitter after the huns got pumped last week.

Unseen work
27-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Believe it or not but some St Johnstone fans on Twitter can’t believe he was sent off and think Porto is a cheat

Not In The Know
27-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Foster clearly hates Hibs. He’s also a hun pr1ck.

wookie70
27-11-2021, 06:57 PM
Richard Foster. He made a number of disparaging comments about Porto. Still bitter after the huns got pumped last week.

I was the width of the park away but it looked like an attempt to hurt Porteous. Ryan got sent off when he never touched his opponent either and I never realised being able to get out of the way of a shocking challenge provides an excuse for the assailant. I thought red for the first one and the second. They weren't his only poor tackles either. It is so annoying that these pundits are allowed to build a case against Ryan unchallenged. He actually called the game pretty well but was a mile wrong about Porteous and that booking.

JimBHibees
27-11-2021, 07:02 PM
Thought he got the ball for his second yellow a little unlucky with that one first one a cert yellow.

Keith_M
27-11-2021, 07:15 PM
St Johnstone Fans were booing Porto every time he got the ball, presumably because they thought he dived.... despite the fact their own player was just a total thug.

Hulk1875
27-11-2021, 07:18 PM
Porto has been outstanding since Rangers game when he was sent off (apart from harsh challenge v Celtic) but proves he’s the man, love how he comes
Out defence and play a forward pass

Tobias Funke
27-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Foster clearly hates Hibs. He’s also a hun pr1ck.

I wouldn’t get too worked up about a guy who lets his wife dress him.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 08:24 PM
St Johnstone Fans were booing Porto every time he got the ball, presumably because they thought he dived.... despite the fact their own player was just a total thug.

Think it was more to do with the one when he went down and the boy caught him as he grabbed the ball. Looked like a wee Porto moment to me and they didn’t like it.

SaulGoodman
27-11-2021, 08:28 PM

If I was married to her I’d let her dress me an aw.

Tobias Funke
27-11-2021, 08:30 PM
If I was married to her I’d let her dress me an aw.

What’s your guide dugs name? :wink:

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 08:39 PM
He should have been off before he got the red. He left one on Nisbet before Porto then tried to do Newell.

Nisbet hurt himself kicking the sole of Bryson's boot.
Porteous one was a yellow and the Newell was the classic chasing the ball after mis-controlling it.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 08:41 PM
Porteous one was a yellow and the Newell was the classic chasing the ball after mis-controlling it.

Which resulted in a classic second yellow and a red.

Which would’ve been justified for the first one as he was saved by Porteous getting out of his way.

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Which resulted in a classic second yellow and a red.

Which would’ve been justified for the first one as he was saved by Porteous getting out of his way.

Correct.
Sold the jerseys.
I don't know why players still do it.
Don't seem to be able to resist.
It never ends well.

TelaStella
27-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Looks like a closet Junkie. If you’ve seen the reply of the 2nd though then there’s little chance you can give it as a booking. Given he seemed to be on a rampage today however it’s probably deserved. Loved the seethe and seeing Porto laugh him off the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
27-11-2021, 09:59 PM

Nisbet kicked the bottom of Bryson’s foot? Not for me, Bryson gets the ball but it’s clear dangerous play by stamping down onto the ball and catching Nisbet. Foul and a booking in every rule book.

JimBHibees
27-11-2021, 10:00 PM
Nisbet kicked the bottom of Bryson’s foot? Not for me, Bryson gets the ball but it’s clear dangerous play by stamping down onto the ball and catching Nisbet. Foul and a booking in every rule book.

Think it was Newell

Eyrie
27-11-2021, 10:06 PM
Think it was Newell

Nisbet was an earlier incident where Bryson did get the ball ahead of him. Newell was the victim of the lunge that got Bryson his second yellow.

hibbysam
27-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Think it was Newell

Newell was the red card one, Nisbet was the one early on where the ref played on.

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 10:31 PM

Nisbet is about to kick the ball.
Bryson nips in and kicks the ball before Nisbet can.
Nisbet then kicks Brysons foot which is now where the ball used to be.
Nisbet gets a sore foot.

hibbysam
27-11-2021, 10:36 PM
I was answering Post 2 of this thread

Which implies you feel he wasn’t at fault for hurting Nisbet and it was Nisbet’s own fault, I disagree and it’s a booking every day of the week.

ekhibee
27-11-2021, 11:42 PM
Which implies you feel he wasn’t at fault for hurting Nisbet and it was Nisbet’s own fault, I disagree and it’s a booking every day of the week.

All about opinions eh? For me there is absolutely no way Bryson fouled Nisbet, Nisbet was dithering and Bryson had every right to go for the ball, Nisbet fouled him and got temporarily injured in the process. That's just my opinion though. You have a different point of view.

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 11:45 PM

Nisbet is about to kick the ball.
Bryson nips in and kicks the ball before Nisbet can.
Nisbet then kicks Brysons foot which is now where the ball used to be.
Nisbet gets a sore foot.

hibbysam
27-11-2021, 11:46 PM
All about opinions eh? For me there is absolutely no way Bryson fouled Nisbet, Nisbet was dithering and Bryson had every right to go for the ball, Nisbet fouled him and got temporarily injured in the process. That's just my opinion though. You have a different point of view.

He jumps across with his studs showing horizontally. Nisbet doesn’t see him but you can’t jump into a tackle like that anymore. If he had just nicked the ball like that it’s still a foul, the fact he catches Nisbet’s foot makes it a booking.

Brunswickbill
27-11-2021, 11:51 PM
Thought he got the ball for his second yellow a little unlucky with that one first one a cert yellow.
AFAIK there’s nothing in the rules about “getting the ball.” Dangerous or reckless play doesn’t matter whether or not you get the ball.

kaimendhibs
28-11-2021, 01:22 AM
This site is unbelievable. We all support Hibs. We had an oppo sent off, (imo correct), but there arepeople on here questioning the refs decision ��������

HoboHarry
28-11-2021, 04:01 AM
If I was his manager I'd take him aside on Monday and boot him all round the training ground. Twice. Reckless tackles and he let himself, his team mates and his manager down. If he isn't reflecting on that tomorrow then he truly is a half wit.

Crunchie
28-11-2021, 04:13 AM
This site is unbelievable. We all support Hibs. We had an oppo sent off, (imo correct), but there arepeople on here questioning the refs decision ��������
There will always be people who know best :greengrin

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 07:28 AM
Nisbet was an earlier incident where Bryson did get the ball ahead of him. Newell was the victim of the lunge that got Bryson his second yellow.

Ok yes remember it now. Didn't think that was a foul either.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 07:29 AM

You can still support Hibs but think the second yellow was a soft one. Would have been annoyed if we had lost a player to that.

Allant1981
28-11-2021, 07:43 AM
Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but will take it all day long, if that had been a sending off for us we would be raging

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but will take it all day long, if that had been a sending off for us we would be raging

Agree.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2021, 07:48 AM
St Johnstone aren't the only team, that have or will get player's sent off by mistake. I thought it was a harsh decision, but so was chalking off two decent goals.

Mikey_1875
28-11-2021, 08:00 AM
The referee was trying his best to upset both sets of supporters with some very poor calls. Haven’t seen it back but I thought the sending off was one of the things he did get correct at least.

Greenbeard
28-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Looks like a closet Junkie. If you’ve seen the reply of the 2nd though then there’s little chance you can give it as a booking. Given he seemed to be on a rampage today however it’s probably deserved. Loved the seethe and seeing Porto laugh him off the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha. Only once he realised the ref wasn't bringing out the yellow for Porto himself. HIs initial head-in-hands reaction as the yellow comes out was very funny. Guess he must have said something to the ref.

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2021, 08:48 AM
AFAIK there’s nothing in the rules about “getting the ball.” Dangerous or reckless play doesn’t matter whether or not you get the ball.

There certainly wasn’t when Porteous made that tackle at Ibrox. Sure the media made us all clear on this.

degenerated
28-11-2021, 09:01 AM
This site is unbelievable. We all support Hibs. We had an oppo sent off, (imo correct), but there arepeople on here questioning the refs decision ��������Bizarrely, there seems to be more debate on that than the two perfectly legitimate goals we scored which the ref chalked off.

gbhibby
28-11-2021, 09:12 AM
Is that the guy who is the wife of Amy Mcdonald.

Iggy Pope
28-11-2021, 09:13 AM
You can still support Hibs but think the second yellow was a soft one. Would have been annoyed if we had lost a player to that.

Not from where I was sitting, the first looked red but both certainly yellow. What was your vantage point Jim?

hibsbollah
28-11-2021, 09:35 AM
I recorded the game on Alba and watched it for the first time last night. That’s the first time in a while I thought the referee gave more decisions our way than the oppositions. Bryson was out of control going into the second yellow but there wasn’t all that much contact with Newell. By the letter of the law it could be seen as a 2nd yellow but we’ve all seen those not given. Young Campbell could easily have seen red with either of his elbows/hands to the face and needs some guidance at training to avoid that. Portos push in the box was a push in the box. Towards the end the ref started just giving every contact for crossed balls as a foul because he couldn’t be expected to see all the ****housery going on; we have a lot of recent history with that team, gordon, Mccart, Rooney don’t like us much and vice versa.

But no doubt who played the better football, deserved win.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Not from where I was sitting, the first looked red but both certainly yellow. What was your vantage point Jim?

Couch watching the tv. Thought it was a booking first viewing however slowed down replay he looked a little unlucky.

green day
28-11-2021, 09:40 AM

Aye, hes a slavering hun

Moulin Yarns
28-11-2021, 12:42 PM

I'm all for equalities but calling the guy Amy McDonald's wife is taking it a bit far, although we know who wears the trousers in that partnership. :wink:

Fergos
28-11-2021, 12:47 PM

‘Ken, twat in his indie boy get up. Crap commentator too.

Up yi.

GGTTH

Brightside
28-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Doesn’t need to be any contact. He was out of control and I’ve have given a straight red.

Iggy Pope
28-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Doesn’t need to be any contact. He was out of control and I’ve have given a straight red.

For both of them.

Brightside
28-11-2021, 12:50 PM
For both of them.

Too right. 😂

WeeRussell
28-11-2021, 12:52 PM
I thought both were right to be awarded yellow cards for Bryson.

First one is just a standard yellow card for me. No more, no less. Late and nowhere near the ball, but not particularly dangerous or over the top and nowhere near a red.

Second one I can empathise with what Jimi is saying. I think he’s unlucky in the sense that he’s not trying to foul the boy and is just stretching after the ball (and probably just about gets it) but these days stretching after a ball with your studs showing like that doesn’t usually go unpunished.

Iggy Pope
28-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Too right. 😂

Seriously though, he’s out of control in both of them. The notion that getting out his way somehow makes it any less reckless is daft. Of course you’d get out of the ***** way.

Brightside
28-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Seriously though, he’s out of control in both of them. The notion that getting out his way somehow makes it any less reckless is daft. Of course you’d get out of the ***** way.

Exactly. Also both tackles are in the middle of the park. There is no reason at all for players to make tackles like that in that area of the pitch.

Renfrew_Hibby
28-11-2021, 01:07 PM
Not only is Porto a marked man for our 'referees' but I think he's going to be singled out by rabbid hun supporting players on a weekly basis. He's a hate figure now for those bams.
Could you imagine that perma tanned trumpet that played for QotS back in our championship days (name escapes me) he would make it his mission to do Ryan.

gbhibby
28-11-2021, 01:08 PM
I'm all for equalities but calling the guy Amy McDonald's wife is taking it a bit far, although we know who wears the trousers in that partnership. :wink:
Bet she knows more about cars than he does. She is a proper petrol head.

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 01:12 PM
I recorded the game on Alba and watched it for the first time last night. That’s the first time in a while I thought the referee gave more decisions our way than the oppositions. Bryson was out of control going into the second yellow but there wasn’t all that much contact with Newell. By the letter of the law it could be seen as a 2nd yellow but we’ve all seen those not given. Young Campbell could easily have seen red with either of his elbows/hands to the face and needs some guidance at training to avoid that. Portos push in the box was a push in the box. Towards the end the ref started just giving every contact for crossed balls as a foul because he couldn’t be expected to see all the ****housery going on; we have a lot of recent history with that team, gordon, Mccart, Rooney don’t like us much and vice versa.

But no doubt who played the better football, deserved win.

3rd sentence on covers it well.
Worst referee decision for us was disallowing the early Nisbet goal.
Bryson's sending off means we are not speaking about that much.
He sold the jerseys.

Iggy Pope
28-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Bet she knows more about cars than he does. She is a proper petrol head.

That’ll account for the hellish singing.

wookie70
28-11-2021, 01:16 PM

Porto's red is my barometer for red cards now and that bar is exceptionally low. No contact required, getting the ball irrelevant. Play acting of opponent important in the process and the height of the foot critical. Both Bryson's tackles yesterday were on a par with Ryans red at Ipox so I would have seen no issue with either being red. Both had far more chance of causing harm that Doidge's red too. Pretty much every game a player could be sent off against us and it rarely happens. I agree with the earlier poster thought that Campbell was maybe a bit lucky with the one he was booked for as they have been given as reds before.

I hope Porteous just gives it the big chill on Wednesday. Play with a smile and completely ignore the Stickies in the Dunbar End and the ugly frog he will likely mark.

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 01:17 PM
If I was his manager I'd take him aside on Monday and boot him all round the training ground. Twice. Reckless tackles and he let himself, his team mates and his manager down. If he isn't reflecting on that tomorrow then he truly is a half wit.

Yeah, bad decision making, especially for the 1st yellow.
No reason to horse in at speed in that position on the pitch.

gbhibby
28-11-2021, 01:18 PM
Upset her big time last Sunday

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 01:22 PM

The woman with 1 song.
She's not very good.

WeeRussell
28-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Not only is Porto a marked man for our 'referees' but I think he's going to be singled out by rabbid hun supporting players on a weekly basis. He's a hate figure now for those bams.
Could you imagine that perma tanned trumpet that played for QotS back in our championship days (name escapes me) he would make it his mission to do Ryan.

Sounds a lot like Derek Lyle to me 👍

Iggy Pope
28-11-2021, 01:40 PM
The woman with 1 song.
She's not very good.

Annunciation like she has something stuck in her throat.
A succession of Scottish Professional footballers might be the reason for that.

The 90+2
28-11-2021, 01:46 PM
We really need to get Porto on a new contract. He’s a better Jack Hendrix, who is very good.

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 02:33 PM
We really need to get Porto on a new contract. He’s a better Jack Hendrix, who is very good.

Is that Jimi's laddie

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 02:34 PM

yuk!

The 90+2
28-11-2021, 02:36 PM
Is that Jimi's laddie

🤣 predictive text dab namit.

Renfrew_Hibby
28-11-2021, 02:50 PM
Sounds a lot like Derek Lyle to me 👍

That's the bam.

Eyrie
28-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Those disputing the second yellow for Bryson might want to consider that Davidson thought both were correct (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/disappointed-st-johnstone-boss-callum-davidson-has-say-on-craig-bryson-red-card-against-hibs-3474110).

“It was two bookings,” continued the Saints boss. “He’s taken a bad first touch and gone in and these days that tackle will always turn into a booking."

WeeRussell
28-11-2021, 11:51 PM

🤢 Come on Iggy! Was it not you that was offended at the word “vermin” being used on here?!

WeeRussell
28-11-2021, 11:58 PM

What a bizarre post.

I thought it was the correct decision too.. but if folk disagree I’d rather they stated that on a football forum than pretend otherwise just because they support hibs …

St.Kristopher
29-11-2021, 12:23 AM
Porto's red is my barometer for red cards now, and that bar is exceptionally low. No contact required, getting the ball irrelevant. Play acting of opponent important in the process and the height of the foot critical. Both Bryson's tackles yesterday were on a par with Ryans red at Ipox so I would have seen no issue with either being red..

Agree, just looking for consistency. Otherwise, we are all at sea. Forget who it was, but by the same metric, Ross County should have been down to 10. Same with Nisbet’s yellow high boot at Dingwall when the RC did the same and got away with it. It must be hellish being a player seeing that happening.

I’m surprised more players have not lost the plot like Boyle did, not just for us but across the league. Critical decisions are all Over the place.

mjhibby
29-11-2021, 12:36 AM
Porto has been outstanding since Rangers game when he was sent off (apart from harsh challenge v Celtic) but proves he’s the man, love how he comes
Out defence and play a forward pass

Totally agree. The effort he made to get the pass from Nisbet was outstanding. A totally committed play he doesn't shirk anything. He's still improving and the reason he's booed is because is becoming a top defender. Loads of sellick fans think he should head to darkheid. They get him.Disgraceful the press are picturing him as dirty when you look at the St Johnstone players rotational fouling as well as Hearts. Steve Clarke needs to watch as I can see Porto being ready for scotland in a couple of years and doesn't need this unjustified slur on him.

AndyM_1875
29-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Those disputing the second yellow for Bryson might want to consider that Davidson thought both were correct (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/disappointed-st-johnstone-boss-callum-davidson-has-say-on-craig-bryson-red-card-against-hibs-3474110).

Callum Davidson is absolutely correct as well. Both are stick on cautions.
If I was Bryson's manager I'd be incredibly disappointed in him. If you get cautioned from then on you screw the nut and play it sensibly. You close down play, you mark tightly, what you don't do is go wildly steaming into tackles.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2021, 09:24 AM
🤢 Come on Iggy! Was it not you that was offended at the word “vermin” being used on here?!

You been struggling and stretching towards finding a comparison for a while Russel?

WeeRussell
29-11-2021, 09:38 AM
You been struggling and stretching towards finding a comparison for a while Russel?

I wouldn’t flatter yourself Iggy, my auld memory doesn’t usually even let me remember what I’ve posted about never mind anyone else.

It simply stuck with me that the term “vermin” was deemed so bad on here (not just by you, in general) when I’ve never thought of it as particularly harmful or offensive. But I live and learn.

But the above seemed pretty personal and unpleasant if it was you that complained about it. That was all.

FilipinoHibs
29-11-2021, 10:25 AM
He looked like a pyscho from kick off. A man pocessed.

Iggy Pope
29-11-2021, 11:01 AM
I wouldn’t flatter yourself Iggy, my auld memory doesn’t usually even let me remember what I’ve posted about never mind anyone else.

It simply stuck with me that the term “vermin” was deemed so bad on here (not just by you, in general) when I’ve never thought of it as particularly harmful or offensive. But I live and learn.

But the above seemed pretty personal and unpleasant if it was you that complained about it. That was all.

I don’t get flattered by anything written on here anymore than I take being called a slaver seriously and I do think you’ve read too much into my post while correlating it to something unconnected. But OK, you stick to your standards and I’ll stick to mine let’s leave it there?

WeeRussell
29-11-2021, 11:57 AM
I don’t get flattered by anything written on here anymore than I take being called a slaver seriously and I do think you’ve read too much into my post while correlating it to something unconnected. But OK, you stick to your standards and I’ll stick to mine let’s leave it there?

No worries mate 👍