PDA

View Full Version : Humour me: Hibs Celtic at Easter Road

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-11-2021, 05:46 PM
I got a game in mind where O'Conner and Riordan went rampant against Celtic at Easter Road.. Can't find any clips

I'm sure i remember a ridiculous cross from one to the other to score

Think that was in the days where Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson was still at Hibs

Appreciate any validation :)

WeeRussell
26-11-2021, 05:49 PM
I got a game in mind where O'Conner and Riordan went rampant against Celtic at Easter Road.. Can't find any clips

I'm sure i remember a ridiculous cross from one to the other to score

Think that was in the days where Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson was still at Hibs

Appreciate any validation :)

Was this not at Celtic park? O’Connor with an early goal (maybe via a nice turn/nutmeg just inside left hand side of the box)

Maybe I’m drunk already

givescotlandfreedom
26-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Was this not at Celtic park? O’Connor with an early goal (maybe via a nice turn/nutmeg just inside left hand side of the box)

Maybe I’m drunk already

I'm with you. 3-1 win away.

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-11-2021, 05:54 PM
I'm with you. 3-1 win away.

I swear it was at home - But i can do some more research...

JimBHibees
26-11-2021, 05:57 PM
I swear it was at home - But i can do some more research...

Was that not against Rangers :greengrin

Glory Lurker
26-11-2021, 06:13 PM
We dished out so many gorgeous doings to that pair around that time that it is difficult to be sure of what happened where,and when. Do any of us really remember? It might help us work it out if folk were to share their YouTube research on this thread.

BILLYHIBS
26-11-2021, 06:17 PM
Was that not against Rangers :greengrin
:agree:

This

https://youtu.be/qfj6FISfWmY

Bostonhibby
26-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Was that not against Rangers :greengrin[emoji106] now defunct Glasgow rangers

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Modfather
26-11-2021, 07:01 PM

This

https://youtu.be/qfj6FISfWmY

That was an enjoyable watch, took me back. I don’t think that team or Mowbray achieved all it could and should have. However still my favourite Hibs team and period supporting Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
26-11-2021, 07:48 PM
That was an enjoyable watch, took me back. I don’t think that team or Mowbray achieved all it could and should have. However still my favourite Hibs team and period supporting Hibs.

I wanna hold her wanna hold her tight get teenage kicks all through the night

Great memories

Just_Jimmy
27-11-2021, 09:54 AM

This

https://youtu.be/qfj6FISfWmY16 years ago. Jesus!

Should have had a penalty. Things never change.

O'connors finish was superb.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

FRes Hibbie
27-11-2021, 10:07 AM
How the f*** they got away with only 2-1 still baffles me.

tamig
27-11-2021, 10:20 AM
The energy throughout that team was incredible. Boozy the conductor at the centre of it all. It was a superb team.

Roxyhibee
27-11-2021, 10:22 AM
Sproule, Brown, GOC, Riordan, Boozy, Thomson, Shiels etc. Pure entertainers.

Win lose or draw, could not wait for the next game in those magic days.

eastterrace
27-11-2021, 11:05 AM
The energy throughout that team was incredible. Boozy the conductor at the centre of it all. It was a superb team.
Great days and as you say the energy all thru the team was brill. Compare it today everything done at snails pace and brutal to watch.

Since452
27-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Mowbrays era was my favourite. Just started going with my mates as an "adult". We could be sublime and hopeless in equal measures. We got some absolute doings at Tynecastle but could go to Glasgow and play both of them off the park.

lyonhibs
27-11-2021, 02:43 PM
That's the game just after George Best had died. A wonderful experience in the old East, crackling atmosphere. Ferguson getting sent off gave rise to a rousing rendition of "cheerio cheerio cheerio" as I remember

Pagan Hibernia
27-11-2021, 03:17 PM
If I remember right that was between the two 3-0 skelpings we handed them at Ibrox.

a glorious time. The huns were absolutely terrified of our young side.