PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

Unseen work
25-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Are we now finally seeing the importance of Ryan Porteous to the team with our recent run of form?

Numerous fans got frustrated with him last season with silly mistakes and rightly so, but look at what’s happened to us without him.

Not long ago we were leading Rangers 1-0 in the league and if we won that game we went top of the league. Porteous got sent off 30 minutes in and since then our results have been

2-1 Rangers - Defeat without Porteous
3-0 Dundee United - Defeat without Porteous
1-0 Aberdeen - Defeat without Porteous
3-1 Celtic - Defeat with Porteous
3-1 Rangers - Victory with Porteous
1-0 Ross County - Defeat without Porteous

In essence 0 points without him and through to the final of a cup and a loss to Celtic with him.

Which has seen us fall to 7th in the league, albeit still have 2 games left in hand.

Not only defensively, but his use of ball and starting the game from the back has also been a massive miss.

Can’t wait to have him back for the foreseeable (hopefully)

SMAXXA
25-11-2021, 10:16 PM
Totally agree

Hibbyradge
25-11-2021, 10:20 PM
I have a bad feeling that we're going to have to get used to life without Ryan, sooner rather than later, but hopefully not before the summer.

Smartie
25-11-2021, 10:26 PM
He’s a good player but I’m not totally convinced he’s the difference. We’ve had some poor performances in this run with him in the team. We’ve been losing goals to crosses with him in the team.

We’re struggling mainly because we’re garbage at the other end. Porteous made a meal of the Rangers goal at the weekend - if that’s the only goal of the game then he’s getting pelters.Similarly, Nisbet (or someone else) scores a couple in the first half last night then that ends up being a different game, with the goal a scrappy consolation goal.

I think we miss Magennis the most, and we suffer for our dearth of options up front just as much.

I also agree that Porteous will be on his bike at the earliest opportunity.

S4uzee
25-11-2021, 10:29 PM
He’s a good player but I’m not totally convinced he’s the difference. We’ve had some poor performances in this run with him in the team. We’ve been losing goals to crosses with him in the team.

We’re struggling mainly because we’re garbage at the other end. Porteous made a meal of the Rangers goal at the weekend - if that’s the only goal of the game then he’s getting pelters.Similarly, Nisbet (or someone else) scores a couple in the first half last night then that ends up being a different game, with the goal a scrappy consolation goal.

I think we miss Magennis the most, and we suffer for our dearth of options up front just as much.

I also agree that Porteous will be on his bike at the earliest opportunity.

Magennis is the big miss for me as at least he provides a goal threat and good runs into the box

WeeRussell
25-11-2021, 10:30 PM
Are we now finally seeing the importance of Ryan Porteous to the team with our recent run of form?

Numerous fans got frustrated with him last season with silly mistakes and rightly so, but look at what’s happened to us without him.

Not long ago we were leading Rangers 1-0 in the league and if we won that game we went top of the league. Porteous got sent off 30 minutes in and since then our results have been

In essence 0 points without him and through to the final of a cup and a loss to Celtic with him.

Which has seen us fall to 7th in the league, albeit still have 2 games left in hand.

Not only defensively, but his use of ball and starting the game from the back has also been a massive miss.

Good post - I had no idea our record was like that with/without him!

I still get frustrated with some of his rash challenges etc like you say but you’re absolutely right.. he’s a big player for us now and hopefully we get him back and keep hold of him for a while yet.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 10:55 PM
I don’t think Ryan playing would have stoped that daft goal but we 100% need him next to Paul for as many games as possible.

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 10:58 PM

The problem is he missed all those games due to suspension and that is down to his decision making and game management.
Could have made a difference had he played last night. Daz does not have Ryan's skills on the ball.

wookie70
25-11-2021, 11:13 PM

Zero points with him in that run too but I agree he is a miss. His passing makes us build from the back more and our team needs all the aggression it can get

silverhibee
25-11-2021, 11:28 PM
The problem is he missed all those games due to suspension and that is down to his decision making and game management.
Could have made a difference had he played last night. Daz does not have Ryan's skills on the ball.

No, that was down to a ref who couldn’t wait to dish out a red card to him, have seen plenty of challenges in the league since then that should have warranted a red card if refs are going by the book, refs have it in for the lad and he will be out of here in January or hopefully we keep him until the summer, a disgrace how refs have targeted him, if anything that tackle was a word in his ear or at most a yellow card, you going to blame anyone then it should be the ref, but you crack on sticking the boot in to him. :aok:

CMurdoch
26-11-2021, 12:06 AM
No, that was down to a ref who couldn’t wait to dish out a red card to him, have seen plenty of challenges in the league since then that should have warranted a red card if refs are going by the book, refs have it in for the lad and he will be out of here in January or hopefully we keep him until the summer, a disgrace how refs have targeted him, if anything that tackle was a word in his ear or at most a yellow card, you going to blame anyone then it should be the ref, but you crack on sticking the boot in to him. :aok:

Paul Hanlon plays the same position for the same team and hasn't been sent off for over a decade.
To say referees have targeted Porteous is absurd. Has anyone who is not a Hibs fan ever supported that opinion?
Ryan has great ability and will leave in January or in the summer because he is ambitious and Hibs want to cash in before his contract expires in May 2023.
He will face the same challenge wherever he goes of balancing his natural aggression with the laws of the modern game.

The 90+2
26-11-2021, 12:40 AM
New contracts very close. He isn’t going anywhere.

Greenio
26-11-2021, 04:21 AM
Certainly a factor.

Along with Magennis and Doidge, few others here n there plus general dip in form a group of players too, Nisbet most of all.

Agree that Ryan adds a lot. Mentally too I think. For everyone saying he has a lot to learn etc, I actually think he's wise beyond his years in a lot of ways. Oozes confidence

Since452
26-11-2021, 05:17 AM
He's a big player

green day
26-11-2021, 05:30 AM

That would be absolutely brilliant if it happens.

Since90+2
26-11-2021, 06:02 AM
I think it's his personality more than anything we miss. He has an infectious enthusiasm and determination to succeed that you just don't see in a lot of other players.

I'd say he's our second most important player after Boyle.

Callum_62
26-11-2021, 06:44 AM
Mcgregor is a massive downgrade from Ryan

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Stuart93
26-11-2021, 06:51 AM

Aye unfortunately Daz’s best days are behind him now. Feel a bit sorry for the guy that he’s still relied upon. If it wasn’t for our horrendous recruitment in the summer he wouldn’t have been

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2021, 09:08 AM

Maybe so but we are lucky to have someone with his experience and passion as cover as we saw in the last 15 mins on Sunday.

Smartie
26-11-2021, 09:27 AM
I think it's his personality more than anything we miss. He has an infectious enthusiasm and determination to succeed that you just don't see in a lot of other players.

I'd go along with the first part.

This Hibs side can appear a bit bland and short of personality at times, and you often need a bit of character when you're up against it. Boyle and Porteous have the most out of the current squad.

Without wanting to go full "the kid's not learning" I do think there are still question marks about his occasional rashness (and his tackling technique can look really questionable at times) - but the rashness is in some ways preferable to the safe, disappear into the shell alternative.

GRA
26-11-2021, 09:43 AM
I'm sure with Ryan in the team our only defeats this season have been against Rangers (his debatable red changed the game), Celtic (where the whole team were like a rabbit caught in headlights for the first 30 minutes) and against Rijeka (which was in the balance until big Daz got sent off).

He's a huge player for us and is getting better. Still prone to the odd rash moment every few games but those stats speak for themselves. We need him in the team.

CMurdoch
26-11-2021, 10:20 AM

This Hibs side can appear a bit bland and short of personality at times, and you often need a bit of character when you're up against it. Boyle and Porteous have the most out of the current squad.

Without wanting to go full "the kid's not learning" I do think there are still question marks about his occasional rashness (and his tackling technique can look really questionable at times) - but the rashness is in some ways preferable to the safe, disappear into the shell alternative.

Lots of sense in these posts.
Ryan has all the natural abilities required for a top class centre half.
If you add Hanlons brain to Porteous you have an £8 million pound player.
Without it you currently have a £2.5 million pound player.
Every rough edge he can knock off will add another £1 million to his value and to his subsequent earning ability.
If Hibs lose him in the summer we will have to shell out decent money for quality to replace him.
No way will we get someone of his natural ability but lots of players like Hanlon have the cognitive skills Ryan lacks which help balance out their lesser ability so we could get someone decent in that would work for us.
Best case scenario would be getting Ryan to extend his contract even if it is just for one extra season but reckon he is gone in the summer leaving the biggest hole since McGinn moved on.

26-11-2021, 11:30 AM

Yes, I fully agree.

Along with Boyle, clearly our two most important players.

If he remains at Hibs, he is without doubt a future captain.

Edinburgh Green
26-11-2021, 11:38 AM

Hopefully this is true, tying him down for a couple more years is massive!

Billy Whizz
26-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Ryan is our biggest asset at the moment

sleeping giant
26-11-2021, 02:14 PM
Ryan is our biggest asset at the moment

Yip.
New contract would be great but think it would have been done by now if it was going to happen.

sleeping giant
26-11-2021, 02:15 PM

Just seen this.

Fingers crossed.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2021, 03:43 PM
Take Ryan out the side, and we dont move the ball as quick from the back, we dont bring the ball out as well.

And our quality as a defense is much reduced.

Keith_M
26-11-2021, 03:49 PM
Funny, I was thinking the same earlier.

It surely can't be a coincidence that our poor run of form coincides with his absence.

Though it's a real slight on our summer recruitment that there's nobody of a good enough standard to cover for him

tamig
27-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Take Ryan out the side, and we dont move the ball as quick from the back, we dont bring the ball out as well.

And our quality as a defense is much reduced.

This is the thing a lot of folk - especially fans of other teams - overlook. He is an excellent footballer who likes to bring the ball out and is always looking for the pass that will get attacks going.

lord bunberry
27-11-2021, 05:59 PM
He was immense today, a proper quality performance. The way he steps out of defence is so classy, he learned so much playing with Efe and he has a great engine. That run at the end was superb.

Fergus52
27-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Really hope the rumours of a new contract are true

Since452
27-11-2021, 06:02 PM
He's our most important player right now. If he stays he's a future captain.

27-11-2021, 06:07 PM

Interesting, though it could be said the 2-1 defeat to Rangers was because of Porteous (I think it was a stitch up though).

wookie70
27-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Brilliant to watch that run near full time and just a pity it never went in. Had a good game today but I still think he needs to just take it down half a notch. He is just a bit too keen trying to get involved sometimes and it ended up with him getting in Hanlons way in the first half. Big test for him on Wednesday where he will be supercharged with The Rangers player trying everything to get him sent off. He is very entertaining to watch as that passion really comes through

green day
27-11-2021, 06:09 PM
He was immense today, a proper quality performance. The way he steps out of defence is so classy, he learned so much playing with Efe and he has a great engine. That run at the end was superb.

would have been great if he had scored, the Saintees fans dont like him :greengrin

Brightside
27-11-2021, 06:09 PM

As soon as Hanlon hangs up the boots Porto will 100% be a captain. :aok:

tamig
27-11-2021, 06:11 PM

I suspect Porteous will be long gone by the time that happens.

Brightside
27-11-2021, 06:13 PM

Word is he is about to sign a new contract. Fingers crossed.

Crunchie
27-11-2021, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately I think you're right, and he'll go on to bigger and better things and many Scotland caps under his belt.

Glory Lurker
27-11-2021, 06:19 PM
Brilliant to watch that run near full time and just a pity it never went in. Had a good game today but I still think he needs to just take it down half a notch. He is just a bit too keen trying to get involved sometimes and it ended up with him getting in Hanlons way in the first half. Big test for him on Wednesday where he will be supercharged with The Rangers player trying everything to get him sent off. He is very entertaining to watch as that passion really comes through

Very agree with this. Wednesday is huge as he's totally got under their skin and they'll let him know big style. I hope we see a contained, cool heid performance from him. They'll hate that even more. He's due a goal, too.....

Unseen work
27-11-2021, 06:21 PM
I’m nervous for him ahead of the Rangers game next week. It will be a miracle if he doesn’t get sent off

Actually nervous for the whole team after some of the stuff we’ve posted and done since beating them.

They’ll be absolutely desperate to batter us and will come at us 100mph.

There aggression and attacking intent could work in our favour for the counter though.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 06:24 PM
His endeavour and passion make him such an endearing figure to Hibbies. That run at the end paggering upfield trying to seal the game with a spectacular finish (probably would’ve scored if he’d gone for less effect) just sums this big laddie up. Love him.

Real Emerald
27-11-2021, 06:24 PM
Ryan Porteous is the new Scott Brown. Hope he signs a new deal and continues his good work. 👍🇳🇬

Crunchie
27-11-2021, 06:25 PM
I think yer man left his right boot hanging up in the dressing room today :na na:

Since452
27-11-2021, 06:32 PM
If he signs a new contract he's going to make us a lot of money. He's gone up a level this season.

Northernhibee
27-11-2021, 06:36 PM
Hanlon and Porto are the best non Glasgow CB pairing in Scotland.

Brightside
27-11-2021, 06:57 PM
I think yer man left his right boot hanging up in the dressing room today :na na:

His right is as good as my left! :greengrin

gbhibby
27-11-2021, 07:10 PM
Make him Captain now

Selkirkhibs
27-11-2021, 07:19 PM

Hope you're info turns out to be reliable. Outstanding from both Ryan and Hibernian if so.

Unseen work
27-11-2021, 07:23 PM
For me Porteous is the captain.

Although he doesn’t have the armband but I think from a managerial point of view that’s not to distract him.

Porteous and Newell for me are the two driving personal on the pitch and the type that constantly communicate and demand more for others.

Captains do far more than the on pitch stuff though.

Let’s him concentrate and develop without that burden.

Mental to think he’s only 22.

JammyDoidger
27-11-2021, 07:44 PM
I love him, he's everything you want to see when going to watch hibs, right good player, hard, has a bit cheek, stands up for himself, his team mates, proper winner!

tamig
27-11-2021, 07:47 PM

That means nothing in terms of him staying any longer with us. It maybe gives us an extra season with him before he moves on for a bigger fee than he would do on a rapidly running out contract. Our insurance policy - the same with Doig etc.

Coco Bryce
Make him Captain now

This is the sticking point with his new contract seemingly. Wants more money than our current captain is on. But obviously there are issues here.

kaimendhibs
His insta post this evening stated, I love this Team
����������������

tamig
27-11-2021, 07:50 PM
This is the sticking point with his new contract seemingly. Wants more money than our current captain is on. But obviously there are issues here.
Do you mean there are issues because he wants more than the captain? Really can’t see how that would be an issue.

Carheenlea
27-11-2021, 07:52 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/C1n8V5dD/C71-E9-C7-F-D6-E8-4189-84-EC-9-D82-CF5-BEA07.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9RV0dWdF)

Coco Bryce
27-11-2021, 07:57 PM
Do you mean there are issues because he wants more than the captain? Really can’t see how that would be an issue.

Why not? Team captain is usually the highest earner other than maybe a few exceptions.

tamig
27-11-2021, 08:05 PM
Why not? Team captain is usually the highest earner other than maybe a few exceptions.

Where? At Hibs - or in general? Never heard that one before.

Coco Bryce
27-11-2021, 08:09 PM
Where? At Hibs - or in general? Never heard that one before.

Obviously other massive clubs in EPL or Europe this might be different with such massive players, but as far as I led to believe this is normally the case here.

tamig
27-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Obviously other massive clubs in EPL or Europe this might be different with such massive players, but as far as I led to believe this is normally the case here.

I would be very surprised if Paul Hanlon is even in our top 5 earners.

Selkirkhibs
27-11-2021, 08:12 PM
That means nothing in terms of him staying any longer with us. It maybe gives us an extra season with him before he moves on for a bigger fee than he would do on a rapidly running out contract. Our insurance policy - the same with Doig etc.

Exactly.

More time enjoying watching our top young players develop further until outgrowing our club, with us in the position to seek suitable transfer fee recompense and sell on remuneration.

Win Win

greenlex
27-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Exactly.

More time enjoying watching our top young players develop further until outgrowing our club, with us in the position to seek suitable transfer fee recompense and sell on remuneration.

Win Win
Unless your Porto. Free to talk to other clubs in Jan? They don’t pay a fee and he gets a move with a big sign on or better wage. If he or his agent know there’s definite interest he would be nuts to sign again too quickly.

Gmack7
27-11-2021, 08:19 PM
Unless your Porto. Free to talk to other clubs in Jan? They don’t pay a fee and he gets a move with a big sign on or better wage. If he or his agent know there’s definite interest he would be nuts to sign again too quickly.

I don't think he's free to talk to anyone this January

Coco Bryce
27-11-2021, 08:20 PM

He can put in a transfer request though.

StockholmHibs
27-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Hanlon and Porto are the best non Glasgow CB pairing in Scotland.

Really? Why do we continually lose goals from the crossed ball especially at set pieces? Not trying to be controversial btw but it's the same old goal from saint Johnstone.

greenlex
27-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Thus the question mark. He will know if a move is on or not. My guess is that there is interest and that’s why among all the extended contracts has is the one glaring omission. He will be in no hurry. I reckon McCart will be in either January or the Summer and it will let Porto move on as he’s stalling. With Wood going home someone is definitely coming January.

Selkirkhibs
27-11-2021, 08:24 PM

Apparently there's a rumour circulating that Porto might be on the cusp of signing up for a longer contract, here's hoping.

greenlex
27-11-2021, 08:26 PM
Apparently there's a rumour circulating that Porto might be on the cusp of signing up for a longer contract, here's hoping.
Fingers crossed.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 08:27 PM

It seems to be found circulating on here though!

Vault Boy
27-11-2021, 08:27 PM
I love Ryan Porteous.

Selkirkhibs
27-11-2021, 08:32 PM

We can only hope the info posted is bona fide.

SMAXXA
27-11-2021, 08:34 PM

I recon this will be announced next week

eastterrace
27-11-2021, 08:36 PM
I love him, he's everything you want to see when going to watch hibs, right good player, hard, has a bit cheek, stands up for himself, his team mates, proper winner!to think there were some on hibs net wanted him punted away to millwall earlier in the season 🤡🤡

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 08:50 PM

:faf:
Yeah, one evidenceless .net post and it's a fact

P.S. SMAXXA has now mentioned a pending contract as well and he has been been ahead of the curve in the past so worth keeping a wee eye on now

heretoday
28-11-2021, 10:39 AM
Loved his run up and back near the end. Lung-bursting.
That's the spirit we want at this club.

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-11-2021, 11:07 AM
He played well yesterday.

Needs to concentrate on his football though as he’s getting involved with stuff he shouldn’t be due to the chip on his shoulder after getting sent off against the Huns.

Brightside
28-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Really? Why do we continually lose goals from the crossed ball especially at set pieces? Not trying to be controversial btw but it's the same old goal from saint Johnstone.

Because Campbell and Cadden gave the guy a free header and Macey didn’t come out and grab it.

easty
28-11-2021, 11:41 AM

I think we need to get over this “losing goals from cross balls” thing. It’s getting out of control.

Goals get scored from crosses all the ****ing time!

Southampton lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Villa lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Palace lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Dundee Utd lost a goal from a cross yesterday.

There’ll be goals lost from crosses today. It’s football. Teams put balls into the box loads every game. Sometimes they score.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Because Campbell and Cadden gave the guy a free header and Macey didn’t come out and grab it.

Seemed a strange match up you would have thought a centre back would have been picking up one of their main threats. Awful goal to lose.

superfurryhibby
28-11-2021, 11:47 AM
He played well yesterday.

Needs to concentrate on his football though as he’s getting involved with stuff he shouldn’t be due to the chip on his shoulder after getting sent off against the Huns.

Porteous should just play his game and let others do the histrionics etc. I like a player with passion and determination, he’s got it in abundance. I just feel that he needs to just calm things down a bit.

B.H.F.C
28-11-2021, 11:55 AM
I think we need to get over this “losing goals from cross balls” thing. It’s getting out of control.

Goals get scored from crosses all the ****ing time!

Southampton lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Villa lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Palace lost a goal from a cross yesterday.
Dundee Utd lost a goal from a cross yesterday.

There’ll be goals lost from crosses today. It’s football. Teams put balls into the box loads every game. Sometimes they score.

We’re losing far too many goals in this manner though. We’re not stopping or dealing with them well enough. Every goal we have lost in the last week was from a cross. Go back to before the break, two goals to Celtic from crosses, one at Aberdeen, one against Dundee Utd, two at Ibrox.

It’s the vast majority of goals we lose.

sleeping giant
28-11-2021, 12:03 PM

Delighted to hear this.

easty
28-11-2021, 12:06 PM
We’re losing far too many goals in this manner though. We’re not stopping or dealing with them well enough. Every goal we have lost in the last week was from a cross. Go back to before the break, two goals to Celtic from crosses, one at Aberdeen, one against Dundee Utd, two at Ibrox.

It’s the vast majority of goals we lose.

The one at Aberdeen barely even counts as a cross. That’s just a simple pass. If we’re including that as a cross, then half the goals in football are crosses. Both our goals yesterday.

B.H.F.C
28-11-2021, 12:35 PM
The one at Aberdeen barely even counts as a cross. That’s just a simple pass. If we’re including that as a cross, then half the goals in football are crosses. Both our goals yesterday.

Daft comparison but discount that if you please. Still lose a hell of a lot of goals that way. Go further back. Two at Motherwell, two at Dundee, home to St Mirren. Nearly every goal we’ve lost in the league has been a cross (a proper cross at that).

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Seemed a strange match up you would have thought a centre back would have been picking up one of their main threats. Awful goal to lose.

Ryan should probably be marking the goal scorer for the second cross at least.
He is next to Macey in the centre at the corner and then moves towards the front post rather than back onto big centre half Gordon.
Cadden is on the back post at the corner and moves towards the goal scorer before the second cross comes in but he isn't close enough to him.
Wish we would just mark one on one at set pieces instead of a mix between that and zonal as we appear to do. Biggest guys on their biggest guy etc.

Wheat Hound
28-11-2021, 01:52 PM

This would be great news. Are you fairly sure one has been or will be signed and it's just a question of when it's announced?

The 90+2
28-11-2021, 02:03 PM

👍

The 90+2
28-11-2021, 02:04 PM

I don’t think there’s much rush. From what im told it’s done. They might leave it for the week before the final.

heretoday
28-11-2021, 04:16 PM
I reckon he's the most important player in the team. I'll be most disappointed if he moves on, which I expect he will do.

Callum_62
28-11-2021, 04:21 PM

It’s the vast majority of goals we lose.It would be interesting to see the goals lost from crosses stat across the top league

B.H.F.C
28-11-2021, 04:24 PM
It would be interesting to see the goals lost from crosses stat across the top league

The number we have lost from crosses this year can’t be the norm. Not when you consider we never conceded a headed goal in the league all of last season.

IncredibleHibee
28-11-2021, 04:27 PM
To be honest, footballing ability aside (which he has plenty of) his personality/attitude might make him a top player that gets a move to English Prem. selfishly I hope he stays at Hibs for as long as possible

loanheadhibby
28-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Magennis is the big miss for me as at least he provides a goal threat and good runs into the box
How many goals has he scored for us?
I agree he is a miss and just hope we can get him on the park on a regular basis.

WestStandWillie
29-11-2021, 10:03 AM
It'll be a sad day when/if he leaves Easter Road.

22yrs old, not yet reached his peak and slowly but surely becoming a very important player for us. Future Hibs captain if he stays around long enough!

erin go bragh
29-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Paul Hanlon plays the same position for the same team and hasn't been sent off for over a decade.
To say referees have targeted Porteous is absurd. Has anyone who is not a Hibs fan ever supported that opinion?
Ryan has great ability and will leave in January or in the summer because he is ambitious and Hibs want to cash in before his contract expires in May 2023.
He will face the same challenge wherever he goes of balancing his natural aggression with the laws of the modern game.

Hanlons challenge in the first seconds of the cup semi was on a par with Porteous against them . As Silver said , definitely an agenda against Porteous with that ref .

lord bunberry
02-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Extremely poor from the daily record
https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/1466359005505146888?s=21

Jones28
02-12-2021, 01:15 PM

The media campaign continues even without the backing of Gerrard, it's being championed instead by Scottish footballing titan (emphasis on "tit") Danny Deneholm.

Heisenberg
02-12-2021, 01:23 PM

Horrendous “journalism”.

02-12-2021, 01:31 PM

That's a vendetta against him. There's no balance either, no mention of anything in the other direction e.g. the Morelos stamp on him.

truehibernian
02-12-2021, 02:00 PM

Surely Hibs must address this and support Ryan publicly - that’s witch-hunt reporting.

Daily Record should be banned from all games and media conferences. End of.

04Sauzee
02-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Can't reed the tweet looks like it's been deleted?

Coco Bryce
02-12-2021, 02:07 PM
Just another reason Porto will leave Scotland very soon.

This witch hunt will never end while he still plays here.

JimBHibees
02-12-2021, 02:10 PM

What did it say?

loanheadhibby
02-12-2021, 02:10 PM
Just another reason Porto will leave Scotland very soon.

This witch hunt will never end while he still plays here.

Sadly will probably be best for the lad to go down south. Get away from all the knuckle draggers in our society.

Not In The Know
02-12-2021, 02:11 PM

That article is a disgrace. Hibs need to do something about it.

Just watch some Hun ned will lamp him in the street after getting wound up on this horse ****.

Wheat Hound
02-12-2021, 02:12 PM
What did the now deleted DR tweet say? They are an absolute disgrace and need publicly called out as such by Ben K and/or Ron.

Jones28
02-12-2021, 02:20 PM
What did the now deleted DR tweet say? They are an absolute disgrace and need publicly called out as such by Ben K and/or Ron.

It was a link to an article going back through Porteous's misdemeanors against the Hun.

lord bunberry
02-12-2021, 04:19 PM
That article is a disgrace. Hibs need to do something about it.

Just watch some Hun ned will lamp him in the street after getting wound up on this horse ****.
They’ve deleted it now I see, but it was up there for hours. For those who didn’t see it, it was a montage of tackles by Porteous trying to paint him as a psycho.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Surely Hibs must address this and support Ryan publicly - that’s witch-hunt reporting.

Daily Record should be banned from all games and media conferences. End of.

:agree: The Daily Record should have been banned in 2016 after their disgraceful lies about our fans at the cup final - lies which they've never retracted or apologised for.

Hibs need to stand up for their player here and tell them they're not welcome at Easter Road.

JimBHibees
02-12-2021, 04:24 PM
They’ve deleted it now I see, but it was up there for hours. For those who didn’t see it, it was a montage of tackles by Porteous trying to paint him as a psycho.

Pretty shocking from the appalling rag. Also spineless of the crayon user to pull the article.

St.Kristopher
02-12-2021, 05:22 PM

Looks like they have taken it all down. Interesting.

we are hibs
02-12-2021, 05:52 PM
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1466455321837293568?t=noxVRJFzKpfn8HV0VnBmWw&s=19

Same "journo" who wrote that article.

We shouldve banned them for their lies in 2016. They should be banned now for this witch hunt pish. Get them to ****

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-12-2021, 07:38 PM
Absolutely disgraceful writing something like that about a young Scottish player. The sooner Porto leaves for England the better (for his own development but also mental health)

Last night he was great, albeit arguably cost us a point. The way he steps out of defence with the ball and finds the forward pass that has us on the front foot is under rated

monarch
02-12-2021, 08:02 PM
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1466455321837293568?t=noxVRJFzKpfn8HV0VnBmWw&s=19

Same "journo" who wrote that article.

We shouldve banned them for their lies in 2016. They should be banned now for this witch hunt pish. Get them to ****
Podcast sounded like 3 inebriated huns in the Louden Tavern instead of a media discussion. It was a demolition job on Porto. Where was the balance ?

Big_Franck
02-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Absolutely disgraceful writing something like that about a young Scottish player. The sooner Porto leaves for England the better (for his own development but also mental health)

Last night he was great, albeit arguably cost us a point. The way he steps out of defence with the ball and finds the forward pass that has us on the front foot is under rated

He was the best player on the park IMO. He's getting better and better and it'd be huge to get him on another contract.

Rumble de Thump
02-12-2021, 08:38 PM
Sevco fans are completely obsessed with Ryan, and that very much includes the ones in the media pretending to be journalists and pundits. There's clearly something wrong with them.

Crunchie
03-12-2021, 07:02 AM
He was the best player on the park IMO. He's getting better and better and it'd be huge to get him on another contract.
After that performance I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers or even Celtic go for him next month. I thought he was immense I just wish he'd stop the childish antics and play acting, it has to be having an effect on his concentration.

Rumble de Thump
03-12-2021, 07:21 AM
After that performance I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers or even Celtic go for him next month. I thought he was immense I just wish he'd stop the childish antics and play acting, it has to be having an effect on his concentration.

I wish referees would book opponents when they foul him.

500miles
03-12-2021, 07:25 AM

It's only "childish" because he plays for Hibs. If it was Celtic or Rangers he'd be a character, master of mind games, a winner.

Jones28
03-12-2021, 08:29 AM
I hope the club realise the strength of feeling among the Hibs fans and what is basically character assassination.

Ban them, ban them from Easter Road, East Mains and every event connected with Hibs. Give them **** all, forever.

green day
03-12-2021, 08:37 AM
Podcast sounded like 3 inebriated huns in the Louden Tavern instead of a media discussion. It was a demolition job on Porto. Where was the balance ?

Its called the Record Rangers Podcast.

I suspect that its not meant to be a balanced view............

Heisenberg
03-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Don’t think he’ll be around much longer, will get a move in January and if not it’ll be the summer.

Coco Bryce
03-12-2021, 10:39 PM
Don’t think he’ll be around much longer, will get a move in January and if not it’ll be the summer.

A few clubs have enquired about him I've heard. I also think he'll move on soon. He needs a fresh start without the hassle of the blatant infirm biased media.

bigwheel
04-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Appears to be Another nasty horrible opinion piece from Boyd in the Sun today. I’ve not read it all tbf, but from the social media headline and opening comments it’s another “Ryan needs to grow up” piece. They obviously realise how good he is as clearly, they want to unsettle him. Hibs need to come out again and attack this media offensive from the west coast against him…it’s not right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
04-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Thankfully people who know the game will know better than to read this drivel and judge Ryan on his game performance. Yes, he caught Kent for the penalty but he was head and shoulders above any other defender on that pitch until that point. There’s a reason Moleros got subbed early on as Ryan had him in his back pocket most of the game. I agree that he needs to stop the petulance but he’s growing into a terrific footballing defender, he’ll go onto play at a level higher than hibs.

jacomo
04-12-2021, 08:12 AM
Appears to be Another nasty horrible opinion piece from Boyd in the Sun today. I’ve not read it all tbf, but from the social media headline and opening comments it’s another “Ryan needs to grow up” piece. They obviously realise how good he is as clearly, they want to unsettle him. Hibs need to come out again and attack this media offensive from the west coast against him…it’s not right.

Their jealousy is plain to see. The Rangers would love Ryan in their team.

Easiest job in the world to get thickos like Boyd to put their name to another hatchet piece on him.

St.Kristopher
04-12-2021, 08:17 AM
After that performance, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers or even Celtic go for him next month. I thought he was immense. I wish he'd stop the childish antics and play acting, it has to be having an effect on his concentration.

It’s not childish antics it mind games and playing the ref. Ryan kills so many attacks by going down easy, like it or not, it’s part of the modern game. I also think most of the people saying this are watching on TV, triggered by the camera and the coverage. I love watching him live doing all the dark arts, he gets better every week.

He gets himself in front of the ball and attacker and once contact is made goes down, attack over free kick to Hibs.

At other times he is giving the ref something to look at or think about, if an attacker is constantly leaving a leg or arm in and Ryan brings attention to it he is eventually going to get a free kick…end of attack.

We may not like it but it works, not as much against rangers though. But that’s not his fault.

coco22
04-12-2021, 08:30 AM
He gets himself in front of the ball and attacker and once contact is made down, attack rover free kick to Hibs.

We may not like it but it works, not as much against rangers though. But that’s not his fault.

The master at this is SJM and probably where he gets it - get between man and ball….possession or foul every time. Clever play

Not In The Know
04-12-2021, 08:45 AM

Boyd was at it on sky aswell. Took great delight sayin Ryan “doesn’t look happy with the penalty decision”. Sick of the old firm bias in this country. It’s the fundamental thing holding back the Scottish game.

Rumble de Thump
04-12-2021, 08:53 AM
Boyd is just like every other Sevco fan. Bitter, raging, deluded, obsessed with Ryan and full of of honking patter.

we are hibs
04-12-2021, 09:20 AM
The media will continue to hound one of our players as long as we allow it and dont dish out bans. Its been happening for years now.

Not In The Know
04-12-2021, 09:25 AM

Boyd was at it on sky aswell. Took great delight sayin Ryan “doesn’t look happy with the penalty decision”. Sick of the old firm bias in this country. It’s the fundamental thing holding back the Scottish game.

Tarrahib
04-12-2021, 12:01 PM

I think you should read it all before slating Boyd. It states the Scotland future of Ryan Porteous is in his own hands. Concentrate on his own game and forget about what is happening around him,which is all meant to distract him.