PDA

View Full Version : When are the club going to act?

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs90
24-11-2021, 09:03 PM
5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we can’t go on like this.

I’m not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isn’t exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

It’s also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.

matty_f
24-11-2021, 09:05 PM
Potentially felt the effects of Sunday tonight, to be fair. How many times have teams had a huge performance then fine on to win the next game so close to it?

NC1875
24-11-2021, 09:06 PM
The thing people need to realise is that games like tonight aren’t the one offs. It’s games and performances like Sunday.

Too many performances and results like tonight and not enough like Sunday.

Something has to change.

Hibs90
24-11-2021, 09:09 PM
Potentially felt the effects of Sunday tonight, to be fair. How many times have teams had a huge performance then fine on to win the next game so close to it?

Yeah that’s a fair comment matty but like I said that’s now 5 on the bounce in the league and potentially looking at 7.. at what point does something change?

Unseen work
Unless we lose every game until the final and the final he’s not going anywhere.

I feel like the club are fully behind Ross and to be honest rightly so after what he’s achieved.

But 5 defeats in a row in the league is indefensible. Never know we might get 6 or 4 points from the next 2 games and that takes us 6th and in a final with lots of games to go before the season end.

There’s not a huge gap either way and a run of form quickly changes everything.

Pagan Hibernia
The club aren’t going to act and nor should they.

it’s a crap night and a bad run. That’s all. We’ll be alright

Nakedmanoncrack
The thing people need to realise is that games like tonight aren’t the one offs. It’s games and performances like Sunday.

Something has to change.

Don't know what the answer is, but if we are all honest - you are right, Sunday was the one that shocked us, not tonight.

Gerard
24-11-2021, 09:10 PM
Time is running out for JR at our club. There is still time to save our season by a change of management

Hibs90
24-11-2021, 09:11 PM
The club aren’t going to act and not should they.

it’s a crap night and a bad run. That’s all. We’ll be alright

It’s our worst run of form since Butcher. If we surpass that run should the club act?

GoalsMcGinley
I’ve never been the managers biggest fan. Not since he walked in the door. Last season he got away with it coz we finished 3rd but in all reality we were poor more often than we were good and the cup runs kept him ticking over.

Personally, I’d have sacked him after the cup final BUT he was kept on and backed in the summer (we didn’t have a poor window in terms of numbers. We actually signed quite a few players). This is his mess and he needs to go. Cup final or not 5 league defeats in a row isn’t good enough. Time to wake up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's happened to that Top 4 record for so many months now Jack?

With the run of games and amount of games coming up, I think he's a goner and hopefully sooner rather than later.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Tonight's result is not that unexpected after Sundays game. The shortfalls of the summer recruitment are being exposed now unfortunately.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:12 PM
The thing that again puts me off Ross is we Chuck in an opening 45 like Sunday. You think right we have cracked it and we’re back to reality with that.

Sorry but five straight league defeats against anyone in this league is cause for concern. Any players will lift their performance in a semi final even if your not on board with the current coaching staff.

Something isn’t right, sunday wasn’t and isn’t papering the cracks that are showing.

Pagan Hibernia
24-11-2021, 09:13 PM
It’s our worst run of form since Butcher. If we surpass that run should the club act?

let’s see where we are at the winter break. If we’re in in a serious relegation battle then, and lost the cup final… yes the club should act.

matty_f
Unless we lose every game until the final and the final he’s not going anywhere.

I feel like the club are fully behind Ross and to be honest rightly so after what he’s achieved.

But 5 defeats in a row in the league is indefensible. Never know we might get 6 or 4 points from the next 2 games and that takes us 6th and in a final with lots of games to go before the season end.

:agree: I think the club very much see Jack Ross as being virtually bulletproof for the time being. I think they pretty much accept that he was let down in the summer and is working with his hands tied until we get to January.

Personally i think that’s being a bit kind on him, and he should be getting more out of the team than we are seeing.

Hibs90

When does a run of form become the ‘norm’? Admire the optimism but I just don’t see that happening to be realistic.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2021, 09:16 PM
The club will act in January by addressing the disaster that was the summer transfer window.

Tonight was a game that was crying out for 2 or 3 changes after Sunday and we had almost no options to do that.

RossScott1991
24-11-2021, 09:16 PM
I’m actually concerned with it becoming 8 league games

Motherwell after rangers also.

It’s looking bleak. It’s at the stage needs to stop the run of defeats and find a result in any fashion. Time to roll up sleeves because it’s not going to be pretty.

Shows how terrible our squad is, as soon as I seen Boyle sent off I am pretty much certain we will lose 1.0 at the weekend. I’d bite hand off for a point

green day
24-11-2021, 09:17 PM
We won't sack him while we are still above Aberdeen with games in hand.

By January, he may be in bother.

Since1875

I’m interested to know what Jack Ross had “achieved”??

Sunday was great but my concern is that it’s papering over the cracks!! GGTTH

Jones28
Unless we go from now until the January window without arresting this run he will get given more time.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:18 PM
The club will act in January by addressing the disaster that was the summer transfer window.

Tonight was a game that was crying out for 2 or 3 changes after Sunday and we had almost no options to do that.

I’d disagree with that to be fair.

He had, Gullan, Allan, Stevenson, Gogic, dare I say it Wright with enough experience to put in a shift and supply some fresh legs to the first 11.

Heisenberg
24-11-2021, 09:18 PM
I’m interested to know what Jack Ross had “achieved”??

Sunday was great but my concern is that it’s papering over the cracks!! GGTTH

Did you miss last seasons league campaign?

Jones28
24-11-2021, 09:19 PM

He had, Gullan, Allan, Stevenson, Gogic, dare I say it Wright with enough experience to put in a shift and supply some fresh legs to the first 11.

That’s not inspiring. At all.

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:21 PM

With the run of games and amount of games coming up, I think he's a goner and hopefully sooner rather than later.
9x2=18 74 the year hearts were formed.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:21 PM
That’s not inspiring. At all.

100% agree

But that’s what Ross has to work with and to freshen the 11 up after Sunday those players all have enough game time to came in and offer the squad rotation option. Don’t think it would have changed the score or performance but point im making is Ross was too focused on sticking with what worked against rangers when in reality it was a totally different game tonight.

Poor tactics, judgment, what ever you want to call it

24-11-2021, 09:22 PM
9x2=18 74 the year hearts were formed.

Give it a rest.

24-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Looks like "Sunday was papering over the cracks" is the new "doesn't win big games".

Hibs90
24-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Unless we go from now until the January window without arresting this run he will get given more time.

Scary thought, we could be well adrift in that case.

Hibees1973
24-11-2021, 09:24 PM
Sunday's performance put a very temporary mask on the problems at Hibs. Tonight's result was on the cards.

Even with a full squad we are still short of real depth, which was caused by the last transfer window.

If they do not realise it already a few of the posters on here are in for a bumby ride given the amount of fixtures on the horizon. Our real problems won't be anywhere near getting solved until the next transfer window.

It looks to me this season may be one where we hover around mid-table and look for success in the cups. Hopefully we do not suffer injuries to key players or we may continue to drop even further down the table.

No way will Ross be sacked by Hibs, unless he decides he has had enough or feels he is not getting enough backing from Gordon.

Jones28
100% agree

But that’s what Ross has to work with and to freshen the 11 up after Sunday those players all have enough game time to came in and offer the squad rotation option. Don’t think it would have changed the score or performance but point im making is Ross was too focused on sticking with what worked against rangers when in reality it was a totally different game tonight.

Sorry I couldn’t disagree more, it just lays bare how awful our summer window was. When 2 of our loanees couldn’t even get on the bench it shows how poor it was.

I don’t think that falls on Ross’s shoulders.

Pretty Boy

I think every player listed there would have weakened us tonight.

Obviously they would have provided fresher legs but I would argue it just proves the point about our lack of strength in depth when we are suggesting guys like Gogic, Gullan and Wright as options to freshen things up.

Unseen work
24-11-2021, 09:27 PM
100% agree

Agree that they’re different games but that doesn’t necessarily mean you change the system or players. The players out there tonight and in the positions they were in had more than enough to win tonight.

We made a lot of decent chances but never took them.

I’d hate to see the players & fans reaction if he had changed it at all after Sunday’s performance. He would have got crucified if he changed it and we lost.

Sir David Gray
I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.

SaulGoodman
Give it a rest.

Did you enjoy your rest on Sunday?

MWHIBBIES
Rough result against an awful side. Sounded like it could've gone either way and we didn't take chances. No need to meltdown, we go again.

SaulGoodman
I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.

:agree: it’s a cut-throat business unfortunately

Hiber-nation
24-11-2021, 09:28 PM
JR's comments -

"I don't think we were poor, I don't think we were exceptional," Ross told BBC Scotland post-match. "But I don't think we necessarily deserved to lose the game. I think the only opportunities to come against us were in the latter stages when we were down to 10 men. I think prior to that we were comfortable.

"First half, we created good opportunities, but we don't take them. Second half, we huffed and puffed a lot and maybe ran out of a little energy after Sunday.

"So performance-level okay, but we need to be better than okay to win games and we need to get back to doing that as quickly as possible in terms of the league."

#2 Double Tap
24-11-2021, 09:28 PM
5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we can’t go on like this.

I’m not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isn’t exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

It’s also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.

did sunday really show that?

1st half granted we played well, but the second half was backs to the wall without much else. the stats from that game 29% possession and 3 shots are pretty dire, has there been a game where possession stats have been that low before?

Every time you think right this is it, ross is all right, it goes tits up. Tonight we never really played bad, but we never really played good either, like you said its confusing, for me it hinges on the management.

On here the majority have been behind ross and shout down the ross out guys constantly, but the reality is the fan base is pretty split on ross and has been since the 3-1 defeat to hearts at easter road.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2021, 09:30 PM

We won't lose the next 3 or 4 though. No way.

Jim44
24-11-2021, 09:33 PM
100% agree

I agree. However, some of the players who JR might have brought in tonight, but were left on the bench are among those who will be moved on in January. I think JR, for whatever reason, was loathe to give them a start tonight, in favour of the winning team from Sunday. It backfired on him big time and, although I’m pro JR, I think he’s only a couple of games away from a crisis.

24-11-2021, 09:33 PM
1 away win all season on the opening day and the home form is patchy to say the least.

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:34 PM

That’s true but I don’t think it will happen. He wasn’t helped tonight by 2 of his more senior players being stupidly sent off. Hopefully both are fined for letting their teammates down.

Brightside
24-11-2021, 09:37 PM
We weren’t poor tho. We just didn’t score with the chances we made. That’s football.

Hiber-nation
24-11-2021, 09:37 PM

I don't think we will either but Nisbet will need to find a way to start scoring. Either that or we get away with a 0-0 or 2 which I doubt. Saturday looks a hell of a task now.

Northernhibee
24-11-2021, 09:38 PM
We weren’t poor tho. We just didn’t score with the chances we made. That’s football.

First half we were good but thought we were mediocre second half.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Agree that they’re different games but that doesn’t necessarily mean you change the system or players. The players out there tonight and in the positions they were in had more than enough to win tonight.

We made a lot of decent chances but never took them.

I’d hate to see the players & fans reaction if he had changed it at all after Sunday’s performance. He would have got crucified if he changed it and we lost.

Think your right

My concern is the squad depth.

There is literally nothing there. Ross clearly can’t or won’t change he has 12/13 players he clearly only sees fit to start. The rest will know their time is coming to an end. How it got to this I don’t know.

Since1875
24-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Did you miss last seasons league campaign?
I did not no. But in a league without Hearts and a poor Aberdeen team I think finishing less than third would be unacceptable, just my opinion of course.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Sorry I couldn’t disagree more, it just lays bare how awful our summer window was. When 2 of our loanees couldn’t even get on the bench it shows how poor it was.

I don’t think that falls on Ross’s shoulders.

I think a part must be on Ross shoulders.
Mathie has been punted cause of it.

Was Ross not strong enough demanding more players.

He has been unlucky with injuries, but every team in the world gets injuries.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 09:41 PM
I don't think we will either but Nisbet will need to find a way to start scoring. Either that or we get away with a 0-0 or 2 which I doubt. Saturday looks a hell of a task now.

Next Weds looks much worse.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2021, 09:44 PM

I wouldn't be so sure.

We could easily lose our next 2 and then we're at home to a Motherwell side who are doing quite well so far.

It's obviously not a foregone conclusion that we will lose them all but we're in a real slump right now in the league and we need to turn it around quickly.

houstonhibbee
24-11-2021, 09:44 PM

Something has to change.
What's changing is we are not going to chop and change manager every time we have a blip. Ross Jack is here for the long term like it or not. What happened to perseverance?

davhibby
24-11-2021, 09:45 PM
JR's comments -

"I don't think we were poor, I don't think we were exceptional," Ross told BBC Scotland post-match. "But I don't think we necessarily deserved to lose the game. I think the only opportunities to come against us were in the latter stages when we were down to 10 men. I think prior to that we were comfortable.

"First half, we created good opportunities, but we don't take them. Second half, we huffed and puffed a lot and maybe ran out of a little energy after Sunday.

"So performance-level okay, but we need to be better than okay to win games and we need to get back to doing that as quickly as possible in terms of the league."

That’s a pretty fair reflection to be honest, if maybe a little positive more of a positive outlook on the second half. The longer this month goes on the worse the summer transfer window is going to look. After the reds tonight I’d almost say the next 2 games are a write off, it’s grim

Smartie
24-11-2021, 09:45 PM
Looks like "Sunday was papering over the cracks" is the new "doesn't win big games".

There’s no real way to dress up the fact that we’ve lost 5 on the bounce, just been beaten by bottom of the league and now go into the weekend with 2 huge players suspended.

It’s a bipolar Hibs side. They deserve the great credit for Sunday. They can’t hide from the deserved criticism of the appalling league form.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2021, 09:47 PM

None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.

24-11-2021, 09:50 PM
None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.

Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2021, 09:51 PM
Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.

Could.

Might not be.

JohnM1875
24-11-2021, 09:51 PM
That’s a pretty fair reflection to be honest, if maybe a little positive more of a positive outlook on the second half. The longer this month goes on the worse the summer transfer window is going to look. After the reds tonight I’d almost say the next 2 games are a write off, it’s grim

Don't like the the 'huffed and puffed' part and using Sunday as an excuse. We could have easily made a number of changes if he knew we were going to struggle with fitness tonight. Stevenson, Gogic, Allan, Doidge and Gullan could have all come in. Not all five but a mixture of any of them to freshen things up.

I do realise three did eventually come on with one sending off and the other two did absolutely nothing!

Mickey Weir
24-11-2021, 09:52 PM
Time is running out for JR at our club. There is still time to save our season by a change of management

He was always the wrong choice, his spell at Sunderland was awful. He's too stubborn to change though and I think we're in trouble.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 09:52 PM
Could.

Might not be.

Probably will be in reality though.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2021, 09:53 PM
I’m disappointed the players are a bit short mentally - it’s hard to go from a high like we had to the cliched freezing cold Wednesday night in Dingwall.

They showed the boy band mentality Lennon used to go on about tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2021, 09:54 PM
Probably will be in reality though.

That’s the spirit! We’ll support you evermore and all that.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 09:55 PM
That’s the spirit! We’ll support you evermore and all that.

As I said. Reality.

I'll still be at the games though in hope more than anything else.

Shrekko
Was Ross not strong enough demanding more players.

Were you privy to all that went on behind the scenes?

Tell us what exactly JR could have done to prove his strength by being more ‘demanding’? Shouting? Throwing things?

Inconsequential
We won't sack him while we are still above Aberdeen with games in hand.

By January, he may be in bother. By January he could be a cup winner. Keep the faith and persevere. Changing managers will not change anything, it's Hibs. Why keep doing what Hibs do (change managers) and expect different results? Hibs will always be Hibs. I've had 5 decades of it.

A Hi-Bee
24-11-2021, 09:56 PM
I’m disappointed the players are a bit short mentally - it’s hard to go from a high like we had to the cliched freezing cold Wednesday night in Dingwall.

i wondered when someone would bring that up, I was going to as we do have a lack of mental fortitude, no lack of testicular fortitude just a lack of mental toughness, in my humble of course.

Diclonius
24-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Welcome back, everyone. We've missed you!

Shrekko
24-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Funny how a lot of folk were implying that league form wasn’t that important and that it was all about the cups last season.

Weird how that’s changed this week.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 10:00 PM
Funny how a lot of folk were implying that league form wasn’t that important and that it was all about the cups last season.

Only a LC win will compensate for finishing bottom 6 😁

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:07 PM

Last half hour was a shambles.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:08 PM

I’ll still take a cup win and bottom six. Problem is our form is so poor I can’t even see where the next one comes and everyone we win is a bonus.

A Hi-Bee
24-11-2021, 10:10 PM
I’ll still take a cup win and bottom six. Problem is our form is so poor I can’t even see where the next one comes and everyone we win is a bonus.

How far down in the bottom 6 that becomes a lottery and battle down in the pit, one that I would not have my money on in regard to this Hibs team, we need to start improving and getting points now.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Last half hour was a shambles.

Terrible. We did absolutely nothing after the goal. And lost the plot after the sending off. That’s a common thing when we get a player sent off.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:12 PM
How far down in the bottom 6 that becomes a lottery and battle down in the pit, one that I would not have my money on in regard to this Hibs team, we need to start improving and getting points now.

Yeah I agree. We can beat anyone in the league but lose and be flat on any given day. Our squad is thinbare too also.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:14 PM
Terrible. We did absolutely nothing after the goal. And lost the plot after the sending off. That’s a common thing when we get a player sent off.

Aye it was brutal and there’s no excuse. I can see the frustrations of the players but it’s not good enough. Ross needs to kick ***** after this. Even if Doidge wasn’t sent off there was no comeback after they scored.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Aye it was brutal and there’s no excuse. I can see the frustrations of the players but it’s not good enough. Ross needs to kick ***** after this. Even if Doidge wasn’t sent off there was no comeback after they scored.

Jack Ross will do **** all as usual. He never does.

24-11-2021, 10:18 PM
Expected goals analysis from tonight's game:

https://twitter.com/xG_data/status/1463645565103841280?s=20

davhibby
24-11-2021, 10:27 PM
Don't like the the 'huffed and puffed' part and using Sunday as an excuse. We could have easily made a number of changes if he knew we were going to struggle with fitness tonight. Stevenson, Gogic, Allan, Doidge and Gullan could have all come in. Not all five but a mixture of any of them to freshen things up.

I do realise three did eventually come on with one sending off and the other two did absolutely nothing!

Doidge was never going to be fit enough to play more than half an hour. The rest with the exception of Stevenson don’t deserve to start but if we’re playing 3 at the back in a game we should be on the front foot in he’s a big downgrade on Doig in an attacking sense. Tbh I’d rather see one of the young strikers get a chance ahead of Gullan

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 10:29 PM

Defend the players

jeffers
24-11-2021, 10:33 PM
I’m not getting the logic that we needed to make changes to Sunday’s team for tonight’s game. Yes it was a tough game on Sunday in terms of effort, but it was our first game in weeks. Ross himself said the break had allowed us to work players hard and get fitness levels back up. Surely they didn’t need a break already and if they did it doesn’t fill me with any confidence given the number of games we have coming up.

The team that went out tonight should have been more than capable of winning.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:38 PM

You would hope behind closed doors it would be different but there’s a definite split behind the scenes that was tried to be rectified with Sir Dave being put in his position.

My thoughts is Jack Ross is still the best person to lead our club regardless as we will, knowing our history, do much worse if he’s punted. There’s no chance of that happening any time soon anyway.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:40 PM
I’m not getting the logic that we needed to make changes to Sunday’s team for tonight’s game. Yes it was a tough game on Sunday in terms of effort, but it was our first game in weeks. Ross himself said the break had allowed us to work players hard and get fitness levels back up. Surely they didn’t need a break already and if they did it doesn’t fill me with any confidence given the number of games we have coming up.

The team that went out tonight should have been more than capable of winning.

We played Ross County in the League Cup final and lost on the Sunday, picked ourselves up, no drama and went to Inverness in the replay and won. I kind of thought the reverse would happen tonight. It’s weird.

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 10:41 PM
Defend the players
Then beat the huns.

Shrekko
24-11-2021, 11:00 PM

Folk will be complaining next that Jack Ross cannae win small games😜

I’ll be honest … the minute it became apparent that we were not bringing in another good striker to cover Doidge’s injury I fully expected the next 2/3 months to be very difficult. When Nisbet is up top himself I rarely believe we look threatening especially when teams are sitting in. I don’t blame Jack Ross for most of the problems we’ve had recently.

Skol
24-11-2021, 11:03 PM
Ross out nonsense again

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 11:10 PM
Folk will be complaining next that Jack Ross cannae win small games😜

I’ll be honest … the minute it became apparent that we were not bringing in another good striker to cover Doidge’s injury I fully expected the next 2/3 months to be very difficult. When Nisbet is up top himself I rarely believe we look threatening especially when teams are sitting in. I don’t blame Jack Ross for most of the problems we’ve had recently.

I’m 100% in agreement.

I’ll go as far as saying the board or recruiting team or whatever hung Jack out to dry, just like we did when we sold Stokes under Yogi and emergency *****. Hughes was hung out to dry.

Callum_62
24-11-2021, 11:26 PM
Ah this old chestnut [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

heretoday
24-11-2021, 11:36 PM
Good old Hibs. Back down to earth with a thump!

Liberal Hibby
24-11-2021, 11:51 PM

:top marks

tamig
24-11-2021, 11:54 PM

I’m not calling for the manager’s head but…
WTF is your thread title about then? Deary me.

May21/05/16
25-11-2021, 04:57 AM
I’m not calling for the manager’s head but…
WTF is your thread title about then? Deary me.I couldn't put it better what a thread this is deary me it's embarrassing

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Since452
25-11-2021, 05:15 AM
He'll get the January window. The club let him down in the summer. It's up to the club to make it up to him.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2021, 05:22 AM

Oh god, we lost a game, that boy bond rubbish is being said again, totally out of context and complete rubbish.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 05:35 AM

Spot on

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 05:37 AM
JR's comments -

Can't really argue with that. If the ref had sent off Tillson when he should have twice huge game changer.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 05:39 AM
I think every player listed there would have weakened us tonight.

Obviously they would have provided fresher legs but I would argue it just proves the point about our lack of strength in depth when we are suggesting guys like Gogic, Gullan and Wright as options to freshen things up.

Yes no point changing the team when it only makes it weaker.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 05:40 AM

Something has to change.

Only recently prior to that we were very consistent. His win rate for a Hibs manager is exceptional

Since452
25-11-2021, 06:02 AM
Oh god, we lost a game, that boy bond rubbish is being said again, totally out of context and complete rubbish.

The bod band thing annoys me more than it should. Was it not originally directed at Riordan, Thompson etc with their bleached hair? Why does it get trotted out when we lose a game? Makes absolutely no sense.

25-11-2021, 06:16 AM
The bod band thing annoys me more than it should. Was it not originally directed at Riordan, Thompson etc with their bleached hair? Why does it get trotted out when we lose a game? Makes absolutely no sense.

Is not used more to describe how soft we can be at times, take last night for example, a cold winter night up in the Scottish Highlands.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 06:22 AM
Is not used more to describe how soft we can be at times, take last night for example, a cold winter night up in the Scottish Highlands.

The only difference between last night and Sunday was that we score our chances. You need to start actually watching the football.

25-11-2021, 06:26 AM
The only difference between last night and Sunday was that we score our chances. You need to start actually watching the football.

Can you imagine if we had defended like that on Sunday?

Jones28
25-11-2021, 06:30 AM

Didn’t though, did we?

Brightside
25-11-2021, 06:30 AM

Ignore the defending after the sending off as the team was pushing up for a goal and our shape had gone. Now tell me how many saves Macey had to make due to our poor defending in the first 60 mins or so? Bottom line is if our chances had gone in like they did on Sunday we’d have had the same result and half the people posting today wouldn’t be seen for dust. It wasn’t a poor performance (esp first half). We just didn’t score!

25-11-2021, 06:33 AM
Didn’t though, did we?

No, but we are doing so in the league. Another goal from a cross and a daft goal at that, then lucky to be only 1-0.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 06:35 AM

Imagine if we had scored three goals in the first half like Sunday.

marinello59
25-11-2021, 06:39 AM

Yeap.
I hope the club stick with him through this and see what we are like after the transfer window.

Stuart93
25-11-2021, 06:41 AM
Ignore the defending after the sending off as the team was pushing up for a goal and our shape had gone. Now tell me how many saves Macey had to make due to our poor defending in the first 60 mins or so? Bottom line is if our chances had gone in like they did on Sunday we’d have had the same result and half the people posting today wouldn’t be seen for dust. It wasn’t a poor performance (esp first half). We just didn’t score!

Ultimately though, your last sentence is what wins you games and puts points on the board & that’s what we’ve been failing to do on league duty for the past 2 months

We need to stop the slide

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 06:42 AM
Yeah that’s a fair comment matty but like I said that’s now 5 on the bounce in the league and potentially looking at 7.. at what point does something change?
Go on then, you tell us what you'd like the club to do, magic some players out of thin air? wish away all the injuries and suspensions? Or is this another of your Ross out posts, give it a rest man.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 06:42 AM
Ultimately though, your last sentence is what wins you games and puts points on the board & that’s what we’ve been failing to do on league duty for the past 2 months

We need to stop the slide

Oh I totally agree. We must stop the slide. The quicker Jan come the better tbh.

Stuart93
25-11-2021, 06:44 AM
Oh I totally agree. We must stop the slide. The quicker Jan come the better tbh.

Yep, we need bodies in & quick. I’m hoping we can sneak something on Saturday but I’ve got that feeling of “where’s the next win coming from”

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 06:44 AM

Issue is we’ve got a massive list of games before then. The manager needs to find a way to win with what he has.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 06:45 AM
Yep, we need bodies in & quick. I’m hoping we can sneak something on Saturday but I’ve got that feeling of “where’s the next win coming from”

Three very tough games coming up the last thing no we could have done with is stupid suspensions. Hopefully get a win Saturday and go into Rangers with bit of belief.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 06:46 AM

What a load of nonsense that is. We were playing the team who were bottom of the league with one win going in to the game.

Last night was nothing like Sunday. Reactions, also, aren’t to last night in isolation. It’s been made out that we battered them and the goalie had a worldy last night. We mustered 6 efforts on goal and 3 corners in an attacking sense.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 06:47 AM
Go on then, you tell us what you'd like the club to do, magic some players out of thin air? wish away all the injuries and suspensions? Or is this another of your Ross out posts, give it a rest man.

Yep the thread title is a bit of a giveaway to his thoughts.

25-11-2021, 06:49 AM
What a load of nonsense that is. We were playing the team who were bottom of the league with one win going in to the game.

Last night was nothing like Sunday. Reactions, also, aren’t to last night in isolation. It’s been made out that we battered them and the goalie had a worldy last night. We mustered 6 efforts on goal and 3 corners in an attacking sense.
The best post on here since full time last night. Very well said.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 06:55 AM

I’ll humbly disagree with your assessment.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 07:08 AM
I’ll humbly disagree with your assessment.

What part is wrong?

500miles
25-11-2021, 07:13 AM
I think the board have already sacked the man they blame for the lack of depth in the squad. That's why Mathie got his jotters.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:16 AM
What part is wrong?
The goalie had a worldly? there's 1 for starters

Brightside
25-11-2021, 07:16 AM
What part is wrong?

How many efforts on goal did we have v Rangers? Had we scored our chances we’d probably have even had the same result. The way we setup and the way we played in the first half was very similar to Sunday. The avoidable goal then screws up the game for us.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 07:18 AM

Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said it’s been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.

25-11-2021, 07:19 AM

You need to read his post properly.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 07:23 AM
How many efforts on goal did we have v Rangers? Had we scored our chances we’d probably have even had the same result. The way we setup and the way we played in the first half was very similar to Sunday. The avoidable goal then screws up the game for us.

You’re comparing last night to playing the champions in a national cup semi final. We won the game in the first half an hour, sat back and protected what we had for the remainder. We were never going to create chance after chance.

Last night we were playing the team bottom of the league who had one win and conceded 26 goals in their 12 games. We had a couple of decent bits of play in the first half and nothing after the break other than a couple of half chances from the edge of the box.

We’re absolutely toothless as a team except for one man.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:24 AM
Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said it’s been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.
Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 07:27 AM
Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.

I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, That’s not us being unlucky as is being made out, it’s poor finishing. We can’t score goals.

25-11-2021, 07:28 AM
I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, That’s not us being unlucky as is being made out, it’s poor finishing. We can’t score goals.

Yep, have a watch of Nisbets attempts last night.

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2021, 07:29 AM

I knew and I’m sure others did that a performance like that was on the cards. Still though they couldn’t do anything about it.

I’m not saying they are a boy band but that they showed they have it in them.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:32 AM
So it's not being made out he had a worldy and you just made that up? thanks for clarifying my point :aok:

Tambo
25-11-2021, 07:32 AM
Was we great last night? No Was we terrible? No.

Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.

25-11-2021, 07:37 AM

Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.

Two good results in 18 months?

Think you'll see some comments for that one.

hibee62
25-11-2021, 07:37 AM

Two good results in 18 months? I didn’t realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:39 AM
Two good results in 18 months? I didn’t realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!
Nearly spat my coffee out at that one myself :faf:

Tambo
25-11-2021, 07:41 AM

Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.

Bobo
25-11-2021, 07:41 AM
It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:44 AM
It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
And on that note let's all get behind the team and pick up the dummy :top marks

hibee62
Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.

Ok, so how many “great” results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?

Danderhall Hibs

Should be but rarely has been. There’s a vocal minority that got bored with winning all these games comfortably cos they’re not sexy enough - even to the extent they were happy to discard winning 1-0 away to Aberdeen and 3-0 and 3-1 at home to them, especially cos cups were more important.

Now last night’s more important than the cup. Quite hard to keep up - they keep you on your toes.

25-11-2021, 07:45 AM

I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2021, 07:45 AM
I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.

Do you think it only angers the fans that don’t understand what fine margins means?

25-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Do you think it only angers the fans that don’t understand what fine margins means?

Fine Margins is a textbook cliche to say we were unlucky.

I don't think it's what the fans want to hear after such a loss though.

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2021, 07:48 AM

Even if we are?

It doesn’t just mean unlucky BTW.

hibsbollah
25-11-2021, 07:50 AM
Expectations need to be managed about the January window. It’s going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).

marinello59
25-11-2021, 07:51 AM

What do you want to hear? The manager foaming at the mouth and slagging off every player individually?

Jones28
25-11-2021, 07:52 AM
Even if we are?

It doesn’t just mean unlucky BTW.

Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 07:53 AM
Expectations need to be managed about the January window. It’s going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).

We have 2 coming in already. I’d expect 3 more with at least Allan and Wright leaving. The loan players will also be away.

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.

That sounds like fine margins while singling out an individual.

Tambo
25-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Ok, so how many “great” results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?

Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2021, 07:57 AM
Correct

Incorrect

Just_Jimmy
25-11-2021, 07:58 AM
"This isn't a Ross out thread"

Proceeds to ask about manager getting sacked.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

hibee62
25-11-2021, 07:59 AM
Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.

But if you say we only had 2 great results, but then say the vast majority of the games we play are not eligible to be great results: if you rule out league games against anyone outside hearts and the old firm, there’s not many games left. Especially given hearts haven’t been around for 12 of those 18 months.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2021, 08:01 AM

I made this point earlier. The club have placed a lot of emphasis on the failure of the summer widow being the key reason for our poor start to the league campaign.

January is a notoriously difficult window to do good business so there is going to be an element of sticking plasters on a ruptured artery to it. I think that puts the manager in a very tricky position. If we bring in 2 or 3 and he still can't get a tune out of what he has available then the club will start to think about making changes, regardless of what they have said before.

I'd be stunned if we got dragged into any kind of relegation fight, even allowing for our alarming current form, but if it even looks like we could miss out on top 6 and all the short and medium term financial implications that go with that then again they will think about acting. We can't afford no European football AND a further collapse in ST sales, especially as so much of our business plan centres around the latter.

Jack Ross is arguably in his most critical phase since becoming our manager. He has to arrest the current slump before it becomes a crisis, he has to muddle along to January and find a way to pick up a few points with what we have, he has to inspire a performance in the cup final and he has to see a swift improvement post January. It's in everyone's best interests that most of those things happen and we move forward with the consistency and stability that brings, if he fails on multiple of those fronts then he won't be here come the start of next season.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 08:04 AM
So it's not being made out he had a worldy and you just made that up? thanks for clarifying my point :aok:

You know what I mean. I’m sure you’ll maintain we were just unlucky. We seem to be unlucky an awful lot when it comes to failure to score goals. It’s not poor luck, it’s poor quality.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 08:09 AM
You know what I mean. I’m sure you’ll maintain we were just unlucky. We seem to be unlucky an awful lot when it comes to failure to score goals. It’s not poor luck, it’s poor quality.
Yes, we were unlucky to lose last night, that has nothing to do with the fact you were being melodramatic and saying things that weren't true.

25-11-2021, 08:12 AM
Yes, we were unlucky to lose last night, that has nothing to do with the fact you were being melodramatic and saying things that weren't true.

He did make a good point though and we were playing the worst team in the league.

loanheadhibby
25-11-2021, 08:16 AM
He did make a good point though and we were playing the worst team in the league.

On current form, I would think we are possibly the worst team in the league.

B.H.F.C

We weren’t unlucky. We showed a lack of quality in front of goal. We’re toothless in an attacking sense with one notable exception.

bingo70

Maybe it’s just me but I get what the OP is talking about. Could probably have been worded better but when we’re on a 5 game losing run in the league and 2 very losable games ahead, i think even Ross’s biggest supporters might concede that there will come a time a decision would be made. The OP was asking how long that’ll be until that time comes if things don’t improve. I don’t think they were necessarily saying he should be sacked now.

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 08:19 AM
Ross won’t go anywhere before the cup final. Probably won’t after either, whether we win or lose. He clearly has the backing of the CEO and owner and is getting January to try and sort out the mess of a squad he’s got.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2021, 08:23 AM

I broadly agree with you.

If last night was a game in isolation then I think you can point to bad 'luck'. However it's part of an ongoing pattern. Our last 5 league games have seen us lose all 5 , fail to score in 3 of them, score 3 in total and concede 10. That's not all down to some supernatural misfortune, it's down to something we are doing wrong as a collective. If it's fine margins then we really need to be assessing why those margins are consistently favouring our opposition.

Ultimately luck in it's truest sense doesn't exist, it's something we attribute to good and bad experiences, there isn't someone controlling things that decides who is or isn't having things go in their favour on any given day.

green with envy
25-11-2021, 08:29 AM

I'm not sure where you watched the game but from my vantage point behind the goals, we certainly weren't unlucky to lose.

WestStandWillie
25-11-2021, 08:29 AM
I think the board have already sacked the man they blame for the lack of depth in the squad. That's why Mathie got his jotters.

:top marks

Tambo
25-11-2021, 08:32 AM
I apologize as I might have been a bit hasty when I woke up for work. There has definitely been a few more than two great results.

I was just a little pissed off as I thought last night was a chance to show everyone we are a good football team aswell as a good off the ball team.

I thought off the ball was much better last night than it has been in previous months but just not enough cutting edge unfortunately.

I still love Hibs!!

J-C
25-11-2021, 08:33 AM
We got 3rd last season not by playing great attacking football but by turning games last night into scrappy hard fought wins. We are an average half decent team with a couple of match winners, we got the fine margins last season but they are now going against us.

Only way to make sure fine margins don't come into play is get better players

Moulin Yarns
25-11-2021, 08:36 AM
Comparing Sunday to last night is a bit disingenuous, rangers played an attacking game which allowed hibs to counter attack, Ross County played the counter attacking game, sitting in when they didn't have the ball.

We created a few chances in the first half but couldn't convert them. Had any one gone in the game changes. As it is, not scoring, and the longer the game went, it gave Ross County confidence.

Since452
25-11-2021, 08:39 AM

Didn't realise that! JR out!!

hibee62
25-11-2021, 08:46 AM
I apologize as I might have been a bit hasty when I woke up for work. There has definitely been a few more than two great results.

I was just a little pissed off as I thought last night was a chance to show everyone we are a good football team aswell as a good off the ball team.

I thought off the ball was much better last night than it has been in previous months but just not enough cutting edge unfortunately.

I still love Hibs!!

That’s fair. I’ve not seen much from last night but it sounds like it was better than pre-covid outbreak up until the county goal. As has been said, take our chances at 0-0/first half and the entire tone/atmosphere amongst the support is different.

Since452
25-11-2021, 08:50 AM
What really sticks in my throat is that we finished 3rd last season by a considerable distance and got to the Scottish Cup final. It's an absolute scandal that we didn't build on that from a position of strength and improve the squad sufficiently in the summer transfer window. Especially when we knew we were going to be stretched with the extra European games. The prize for 3rd this season is huge and we're miles off it. Mathie has paid the price but it's unbelievable he has lost his job from the position we were in.

green with envy
25-11-2021, 08:55 AM
That’s fair. I’ve not seen much from last night but it sounds like it was better than pre-covid outbreak up until the county goal. As has been said, take our chances at 0-0/first half and the entire tone/atmosphere amongst the support is different.

Apart from hitting the post, i'm trying to remember another decent chance we had in the first half. However, I do remember the sitter from the RC player that headed the ball wide when it seemed easier to score.

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Apart from hitting the post, i'm trying to remember another decent chance we had in the first half. However, I do remember the sitter from the RC player that headed the ball wide when it seemed easier to score.

Nisbet missed one easy headed chance and another that was slightly more difficult in the first half.

hibsbollah
25-11-2021, 09:02 AM
I made this point earlier. The club have placed a lot of emphasis on the failure of the summer widow being the key reason for our poor start to the league campaign.

January is a notoriously difficult window to do good business so there is going to be an element of sticking plasters on a ruptured artery to it. I think that puts the manager in a very tricky position. If we bring in 2 or 3 and he still can't get a tune out of what he has available then the club will start to think about making changes, regardless of what they have said before.

I'd be stunned if we got dragged into any kind of relegation fight, even allowing for our alarming current form, but if it even looks like we could miss out on top 6 and all the short and medium term financial implications that go with that then again they will think about acting. We can't afford no European football AND a further collapse in ST sales, especially as so much of our business plan centres around the latter.

Jack Ross is arguably in his most critical phase since becoming our manager. He has to arrest the current slump before it becomes a crisis, he has to muddle along to January and find a way to pick up a few points with what we have, he has to inspire a performance in the cup final and he has to see a swift improvement post January. It's in everyone's best interests that most of those things happen and we move forward with the consistency and stability that brings, if he fails on multiple of those fronts then he won't be here come the start of next season.

Apologies if I repeated your point, I didn’t go back over the thread. What’s the archetype player(s) that Ross is looking for? Reliable veteran striker from down south wanting game time who we’d be willing to make a higher than average earner? (A Grant Holt type but better). Young highly rated defender from a big club who wants the experience that he’s not getting where he is? Both these players will cost more in wages than what we currently pay. It’s a big period for Ross but it’s also a big period for Ron Gordon. Decision time, stick or twist.

Smartie
25-11-2021, 09:06 AM
I broadly agree with you.

If last night was a game in isolation then I think you can point to bad 'luck'. However it's part of an ongoing pattern. Our last 5 league games have seen us lose all 5 , fail to score in 3 of them, score 3 in total and concede 10. That's not all down to some supernatural misfortune, it's down to something we are doing wrong as a collective. If it's fine margins then we really need to be assessing why those margins are consistently favouring our opposition.

Ultimately luck in it's truest sense doesn't exist, it's something we attribute to good and bad experiences, there isn't someone controlling things that decides who is or isn't having things go in their favour on any given day.

I think we also need to wonder why a game against this Ross County side should be coming down to fine margins.

I’m not suggesting we should be putting 4 or 5 past them, but I’d like to think that if we have serious aspirations about finishing in the top 4 then we should have enough of a cutting edge to be able to take a lead and then to be able to defend it thereafter. It doesn’t have to be easy but in Ross County we’re talking about a side who are having a poor season and we should at least be getting the job done.

At the moment I feel we are at a similar level to them - and that is not a good place to be at all.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2021, 09:11 AM
What really sticks in my throat is that we finished 3rd last season by a considerable distance and got to the Scottish Cup final. It's an absolute scandal that we didn't build on that from a position of strength and improve the squad sufficiently in the summer transfer window. Especially when we knew we were going to be stretched with the extra European games. The prize for 3rd this season is huge and we're miles off it. Mathie has paid the price but it's unbelievable he has lost his job from the position we were in.

The worst part is Ross himself was calling it out from very early on.

He's someone who is usually very diplomatic in his interviews but he made very barbed comments about our lack of depth on at least 2 occasions, most notably after the European exit. At a time when a lot of fans, myself included, were peddling the 'these things take time', 'don't panic, we'll get stuff over the line' cliches, the manager was actively calling out the club publicly.

I'm not sure what went wrong in the summer. Reading between the lines it seems the failure to sell at least one of our assets was an issue, it also seems our approach to recruitment has been a bit disorganised and almost scattergun previously. Whatever the reasons it's incredibly frustrating that we have regressed from the position we were in, particularly when you consider the rewards for a 3rd place finish this year.

hibee62
25-11-2021, 09:11 AM

The highlights show at least 1 Nisbet header and by all accounts there was another one. From the highlights, the one that hit the post was a very good chance too!

Hibs90
25-11-2021, 09:15 AM

I wasn’t directly calling for it, I was trying to have an open discussion on how long this can carry on but I can see it’s descending into a bit of a farce with comments like yours

Pretty Boy
25-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Apologies if I repeated your point, I didn’t go back over the thread. What’s the archetype player(s) that Ross is looking for? Reliable veteran striker from down south wanting game time who we’d be willing to make a higher than average earner? (A Grant Holt type but better). Young highly rated defender from a big club who wants the experience that he’s not getting where he is? Both these players will cost more in wages than what we currently pay. It’s a big period for Ross but it’s also a big period for Ron Gordon. Decision time, stick or twist.

I would be surprised if the removal of Mathie and the public savaging of the summer business wasn't at least run by Ron Gordon, if not necessarily instigated by him.

I think that potentially puts him in a position of having to be seen to deliver in January to get us out this mess and the next summer to really have us kick on. A couple of signings in the mould you suggest would be a good start.

A lot has been made about us being on the verge of something special, close to kicking on etc etc. I think the next 2 transfer windows will go a long way to getting the fans to really believe that.

Since452
25-11-2021, 09:20 AM
The worst part is Ross himself was calling it out from very early on.

He's someone who is usually very diplomatic in his interviews but he made very barbed comments about our lack of depth on at least 2 occasions, most notably after the European exit. At a time when a lot of fans, myself included, were peddling the 'these things take time', 'don't panic, we'll get stuff over the line' cliches, the manager was actively calling out the club publicly.

I'm not sure what went wrong in the summer. Reading between the lines it seems the failure to sell at least one of our assets was an issue, it also seems our approach to recruitment has been a bit disorganised and almost scattergun previously. Whatever the reasons it's incredibly frustrating that we have regressed from the position we were in, particularly when you consider the rewards for a 3rd place finish this year.

Yup. Remember watching the Sunderland documentary when he was adamant that the club shouldn't be signing the boy Grigg. If he was making noises in the press about needing to strengthen the squad then he would have been pretty vocal about it behind the scenes. You could tell how frustrated he was about it. I'm not putting too much hope on January but i hope the club do everything they can to give him what he wants.

I'm Spartacus
25-11-2021, 09:53 AM
What's very frustrating is Sunday proves there's a performance in the group, yet they cannot make that the standard and produce it on a regular basis, as Keane would say "DO YOUR JOB".

Who would folk recruit in his place?

Dunfermline hadn't won a game since July until JH was appointed.

Look at the names of the Championship managers - plenty experience but couldn't be our market (JH the only one I would consider).

John Hughes
Dick Campbell
Ian McCall
John McGlynn
Tommy Wright
Billy Dodds
Jim Duffy
David Hopkin
Alan Johnston

25-11-2021, 09:55 AM
What's very frustrating is Sunday proves there's a performance in the group, yet they cannot make that the standard and produce it on a regular basis, as Keane would say "DO YOUR JOB".

Who would folk recruit in his place?

Dunfermline hadn't won a game since July until JH was appointed.

Look at the names of the Championship managers - plenty experience but couldn't be our market (JH the only one I would consider).

John Hughes
Dick Campbell
Ian McCall
John McGlynn
Tommy Wright
Billy Dodds
Jim Duffy
David Hopkin
Alan Johnston

Derek McInnes

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 09:55 AM
I do think that if a quality manager was to become available (and I do think Steve Kean is here for the youth development role so not him) and our league form was to continue then JR would have something to sweat about.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 09:56 AM
Derek McInnes

Oh god no.

J-C
25-11-2021, 10:00 AM
Does anyone else think that forgetting about poor recruitment, that starting 11 should still be good enough to win comfortably last night, even having that bench the players in general are hugely underperforming. Gogic was a regular, Wright got a good few minutes off the bench and Allan hasn't been given any time at all. One of the main problems is Nisbet's general lack of form, he just looks like he can't be arsed.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 10:01 AM
Does anyone else think that forgetting about poor recruitment, that starting 11 should still be good enough to win comfortably last night, even having that bench the players in general are hugely underperforming. Gogic was a regular, Wright got a good few minutes off the bench and Allan hasn't been given any time at all. One of the main problems is Nisbet's general lack of form, he just looks like he can't be arsed.

Nisbet looked better attitude wise last night than he has for some time, his finishing was just abysmal.

That starting eleven should have won that game. The bench had some players who would walk into the Ross County first team too.

MinceAndTatties
25-11-2021, 10:04 AM
You’re comparing last night to playing the champions in a national cup semi final. We won the game in the first half an hour, sat back and protected what we had for the remainder. We were never going to create chance after chance.

Last night we were playing the team bottom of the league who had one win and conceded 26 goals in their 12 games. We had a couple of decent bits of play in the first half and nothing after the break other than a couple of half chances from the edge of the box.

We’re absolutely toothless as a team except for one man.

Nisbet missed one easy headed chance and another that was slightly more difficult in the first half.

None of the headed chances were easy compared to the County one. The best chance Nisbet had was a shot he hit weakly. We did not create enough good chances due to poor delivery from wide and generally lack of creativity..
Without Boyle, we have nothing given Nisbet poor form

tmb1875
25-11-2021, 10:20 AM
The way I took Ben kensell recent interview on hibs.net that he thinks it will take a couple transfer Windows to sort this squad out so I don’t see jack Ross going anywhere. He also just got to rip up the football department and do it his way. The thing that frustrates me tho is we finished 3rd last year with the same players, regularly winning away. Now we can’t buy a win. The manager has to evolve and find a way to win games.

superfurryhibby
25-11-2021, 10:24 AM
I just can’t understand how we can perform like we did on Sunday and revert back to gashness in the next game?

Our players are better than that, we’ve just seen what they are capable of. Ross needs to find a way of changing things or cup final or not, he’s on his way.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 10:28 AM
The way I took Ben kensell recent interview on hibs.net that he thinks it will take a couple transfer Windows to sort this squad out so I don’t see jack Ross going anywhere. He also just got to rip up the football department and do it his way. The thing that frustrates me tho is we finished 3rd last year with the same players, regularly winning away. Now we can’t buy a win. The manager has to evolve and find a way to win games.

Ben kinsell also highlighted the importance of fans in the ground in that interview.

If fans aren’t buying into Ross’s management as the weeks and months go on somethings got to give. One of the things he praised about Ross was his consistency of league finishes, remember thinking that wasn’t the case as we we’ve finished 7th and 3rd under him. If we’re back around 6th or 7th again (right now that’s almost looking optimistic) then he’s not delivering the consistency of league placing as he’s looking for either.

I don’t think Ross will be close to losing his job at all just now, if the form doesn’t pick up by around the time of the cup final though then I’m not sure he’ll get the January window to fix it.

Ross seems to be getting a bit of leeway due to the transfer window being so bad, I don’t really get that, that falls under his responsibility as well and isn’t a mitigating factor for him IMO. Mathie and his team were there to assist Ross with transfer targets, not absolve him of the blame if it doesn’t go well.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 10:29 AM
I just can’t understand how we can perform like we did on Sunday and revert back to gashness in the next game?

Our players are better than that, we’ve just seen what they are capable of. Ross needs to find a way of changing things or cup final or not, he’s on his way.

It was touched on elsewhere but on Sunday we were the counter attacking team. Last night it sounds like we were the team being counter attacked on.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a sign of mental weakness of the team or anything like that, it’s just that Sundays game suited our players better.

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 10:35 AM
Ben kinsell also highlighted the importance of fans in the ground in that interview.

If fans aren’t buying into Ross’s management as the weeks and months go on somethings got to give. One of the things he praised about Ross was his consistency of league finishes, remember thinking that wasn’t the case as we we’ve finished 7th and 3rd under him. If we’re back around 6th or 7th again (right now that’s almost looking optimistic) then he’s not delivering the consistency of league placing as he’s looking for either.

I don’t think Ross will be close to losing his job at all just now, if the form doesn’t pick up by around the time of the cup final though then I’m not sure he’ll get the January window to fix it.

Ross seems to be getting a bit of leeway due to the transfer window being so bad, I don’t really get that, that falls under his responsibility as well and isn’t a mitigating factor for him IMO. Mathie and his team were there to assist Ross with transfer targets, not absolve him of the blame if it doesn’t go well.

Mathie was responsible for identifying players and negotiating the transfers. No surprise he is no longer here. We were a mess in the summer which led to a few panic signings and a scattergun deadline day.

Ross plays a part in the transfer process but there’s a reason he was making the same point in the press all summer. Something wasn’t right.

I'm Spartacus
25-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Derek McInnes

I'd rather stick thanks.

MrSmith
25-11-2021, 10:43 AM
I said on the PM board, 'Noticeable by their absence' thread that Sunday was only a sticking plaster and we shouldn't get carried away with it! Business as normal. Poor summer transfer period or not, I think it shows more about the team's mentality than anything else that we cannot muster a win against an opposition miles below us in the financial stakes. This has been Hibs story since I've been a fan starting in the late 60s and continuing on! I think these days, I just brush it off as 'the usual' and get on with it.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 10:47 AM
Mathie was responsible for identifying players and negotiating the transfers. No surprise he is no longer here. We were a mess in the summer which led to a few panic signings and a scattergun deadline day.

Ross plays a part in the transfer process but there’s a reason he was making the same point in the press all summer. Something wasn’t right.

Yeah I get that but Ross will have his own contacts and knowledge of players as well, if the club were bringing **** to his door, then he should also be in a position to find some as well.

Managers live or die by the players they’ve got and Ross isn’t any different to that. He’s been here a decent length of time now, if the players in his squad aren’t up to it then he’s as responsible as Mathie.

Doesn’t sit right with me that Mathie is taking all the blame for it with no right of reply. I’m sure Mathie and his team will have put lots of players in front of Ross, maybe Ross is the one in the wrong for turning his suggestions down?

We don’t know to be fair, I just think ultimately the squad is Ross’s responsibility, not Mathies.

Jones28
25-11-2021, 10:51 AM
Yeah I get that but Ross will have his own contacts and knowledge of players as well, if the club were bringing **** to his door, then he should also be in a position to find some as well.

Managers live or die by the players they’ve got and Ross isn’t any different to that. He’s been here a decent length of time now, if the players in his squad aren’t up to it then he’s as responsible as Mathie.

Doesn’t sit right with me that Mathie is taking all the blame for it with no right of reply. I’m sure Mathie and his team will have put lots of players in front of Ross, maybe Ross is the one in the wrong for turning his suggestions down?

We don’t know to be fair, I just think ultimately the squad is Ross’s responsibility, not Mathies.

Head of recruitment loses job because recruitment was not good enough, that sits fine with me.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Head of recruitment loses job because recruitment was not good enough, that sits fine with me.

I personally find that a bit simplistic.

Before this window Mathie was very highly rated. Could be lots of factors in a poor transfer window and when it’s the manager that has the final say, I don’t get why he is absolved of all blame.

The Modfather
25-11-2021, 10:56 AM

I think there’s definitely mitigation in terms of the awful summer recruitment. However that only goes so far and is Ross getting as much out of what he does have available as he should be. For me he isn’t.

Diclonius
25-11-2021, 10:58 AM
God, imagine all the pre-written rants that won't be posted if we actually beat St Johnstone on Saturday.

After one of the biggest wins in our recent history, all it has taken to resurrect this thread was a very narrow defeat away at a form team. I'm stunned tbh.

Jones28
25-11-2021, 11:06 AM
I personally find that a bit simplistic.

Before this window Mathie was very highly rated. Could be lots of factors in a poor transfer window and when it’s the manager that has the final say, I don’t get why he is absolved of all blame.

In my mind the way it works is the manager and HOR sit down, discuss areas to improve, analyse and scout realistic targets based on budget and then its up to the CEO and HOR to negotiate the deal, with the manager being the figurehead.

So Jack Ross can identify all the targets in the world, if deals aren't negotiated and the players go elsewhere or don't move at all (Jason Kerr & McCart respectively) then it shouldn't fall at the door of the manager.

SteveHFC
25-11-2021, 11:09 AM
God, imagine all the pre-written rants that won't be posted if we actually beat St Johnstone on Saturday.

After one of the biggest wins in our recent history, all it has taken to resurrect this thread was a very narrow defeat away at a form team. I'm stunned tbh. in form team who had won 1 game upto last night and hadn't won at home since around May

neil7908
25-11-2021, 11:11 AM
For those saying it's just a bad run and we'll come good, I'm curious to know at what point you'll start to doubt Ross? If we lose 8 in a row would that send alarm bells ringing?

When does a bad run become free fall?

SteveHFC
25-11-2021, 11:16 AM
For those saying it's just a bad run and we'll come good, I'm curious to know at what point you'll start to doubt Ross? If we lose 8 in a row would that send alarm bells ringing?

Usually when it's too late to do anything

Jones28
25-11-2021, 11:18 AM

We have 6 games between now and the final. Ross needs to address this run, starting with AT LEAST 2 out of 6 points in our next two matches. So if we beat St Johnston I could take a defeat against Rangers or the other way about.

Then we've got 4 games: Motherwell, Livi, St Mirren and Dundee, from which we should take AT LEAST 6 points from 12. As long as these points come, I don't give a **** who we beat and who we don't.

He needs something to turn before the final, no doubt. If we're sitting beaten in a cup final, with fewer than 8 points from 18 then I will be wanting changes.

Tyler Durden
25-11-2021, 11:24 AM

I think you're being a bit disingenuous there. We finished 7th in a shortened season and we were sitting 11th or so, when Ross took over?

It's points per game that matter. If you look at his points per game since he's come in, we'd be 3rd behind Rangers and Celtic. Clearly this run of defeats will be diminishing that "success" but Jack Ross's win record can't be argued.

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2021, 11:24 AM

After one of the biggest wins in our recent history, all it has taken to resurrect this thread was a very narrow defeat away at a form team. I'm stunned tbh.

The form team?? Their last 6 games:

Motherwell 2-1 RC
Dundee U 1-0 RC
RC 2-3 St Mirren
RC 2-3 Livingston
Dundee 0-5 RC
Rangers 4-2 RC

Some form that. Stunned indeed

Tyler Durden
25-11-2021, 11:26 AM
We have 6 games between now and the final. Ross needs to address this run, starting with AT LEAST 2 out of 6 points in our next two matches. So if we beat St Johnston I could take a defeat against Rangers or the other way about.

Then we've got 4 games: Motherwell, Livi, St Mirren and Dundee, from which we should take AT LEAST 6 points from 12. As long as these points come, I don't give a **** who we beat and who we don't.

He needs something to turn before the final, no doubt. If we're sitting beaten in a cup final, with fewer than 8 points from 18 then I will be wanting changes.

I would agree with this. I also think we need to be roughly within 7-9 points of 3rd place come the winter break. Anything worse than that is probably irretrievable.

Hibernia&Alba
25-11-2021, 11:27 AM
We mustn't be complacent. A run of losing form can become difficult to redeem, particularly when the pressure to gain points becomes acute. We saw that very thing the year we were relegated, when we looked safe until the last few weeks of the season. We need points and fast; the league is always the most important competition. Five defeats on the spin is really bad, but it isn't yet a crisis. However, it will soon become a crisis if the form continues. Ross has enough credit in the bank for now, but it's diminishing.

Personally, I would see how it goes for the next three or four league games. If we find ourselves in a run of eight or nine defeats, with fifteen points points, he will need to go. Football management is savage; that's just the way it is.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 11:28 AM
I think you're being a bit disingenuous there. We finished 7th in a shortened season and we were sitting 11th or so, when Ross took over?

It's points per game that matter. If you look at his points per game since he's come in, we'd be 3rd behind Rangers and Celtic. Clearly this run of defeats will be diminishing that "success" but Jack Ross's win record can't be argued.

We were 8th when he took over. There was improvement but not massive.

Coco Bryce
25-11-2021, 11:30 AM

Form team :faf:

If that's good form, what's our 3 points out of the last 18 form to you?

25-11-2021, 11:38 AM

A form team? They are the worst team in the league.

ScottB
25-11-2021, 11:40 AM
Ultimately, we did fairly well last season without crowds, or much pressure, while our major rivals were all either in a mess, had just been promoted or weren’t even in the division, so yeah, we finished third, but there would have been little excuse not to.

This year, our rivals are stronger, they’ve kicked on. We haven't. The summer window is a mitigating factor, but not against the likes of Ross County. We should be beating them with what we’ve got, no question.

We’ve pretty much got the worst form in the division now and sliding down the table at a worrying speed. Getting to another cup final is great, but it’s a sticking plaster. If we get to the new year looking more like we’re in a relegation fight than one for Europe, Ross should go, as the players he’s got are, at worst, a mid table side.

Hibs90
25-11-2021, 11:42 AM

No, it’s taken 5 defeats on the bounce in the league with the potential for it to get to 6/7/8. That’s sackable form in any league.

Sunday was an exception. I’d be stunned if we took anything on Saturday.

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2021, 11:43 AM
League Form Guide from the last 6 games:

Celtic 16
Rangers 14
Dundee Utd 10
Livingston 9
St.Johnstone 8
Aberdeen 7
Motherwell 7
Dundee 7
Ross County 6
Hearts 6
St.Mirren 6
Hibernian 3

Tyler Durden
25-11-2021, 11:44 AM
We were 8th when he took over. There was improvement but not massive.

He won more points than any other (non OF) team during that period I'm sure.

We had won 2 games from our first 12 before he came in. He won 5 of his first 12 including a 3-0 vs Aberdeen and 2-0 at Tynecastle. Also got us to the Scottish Cup semi in that immediate period after taking over.

You can't criticise him for a 7th placed finish when we were actually sitting 6th and steadily climbing the table before the season was cut short.

25-11-2021, 11:47 AM

We had won 2 games from our first 12 before he came in. He won 5 of his first 12 including a 3-0 vs Aberdeen and 2-0 at Tynecastle. Also got us to the Scottish Cup semi in that immediate period after taking over.

You can't criticise him for a 7th placed finish when we were actually sitting 6th and steadily climbing the table before the season was cut short.

The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.

hibeedonald
25-11-2021, 11:51 AM
I feel JR hasn't got the team playing to their potential.

We create very little chances, even in the games we do win.

Individually, I think our players are good enough, they just don't sync together. So many passes last night into empty space where the passer thought a teammate would be.

Discipline clearly poor as demonstrated last night.

A couple more defeats and I would be ready for a change in management.

loanheadhibby
25-11-2021, 11:52 AM

I'm certainly not having a pop but how were we in a mess in the summer? I kind of sit (blissfully) thinking we are a well run club, great fan base, semi healthy financial footing.

I'd have thought having qualified to 2 semis and a cup final, we would have been in a decent position compared to others in the league. I appreciate every club has it's issues due to Covid situation but surely we were in a semi healthy position?

I am not in the know in any shape or form but concerns me that us fans perceived the club to be in a mess.

Granted, we had a very poor transfer window in the summer but I would hazard a guess that our transfer thread would suggest some fans were happy with our business and we had got it done nice and early.

The Harp Awakes
25-11-2021, 11:53 AM
The form team?? Their last 6 games:

Motherwell 2-1 RC
Dundee U 1-0 RC
RC 2-3 St Mirren
RC 2-3 Livingston
Dundee 0-5 RC
Rangers 4-2 RC

Some form that. Stunned indeed

Indeed. If Ross County are a form team, then by that reckoning we should absolutely horse, out of form St Johnstone on Saturday :rolleyes:

J-C
25-11-2021, 12:00 PM

We don't operate under a DOF system, Ross has a big say in who we sign. Players will be identified by scouts and Mathie, Ross will decide which ones he wants and Mathie was the one to get the deals done. It's been said previously but they expected Doig to leave and the monies would then bring in the players identified. Not selling Doig threw a spanner in the works and the rest as they say is history.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 12:02 PM

Just to clarify, when mentioning in the first season we finished 7th that genuinely wasn’t meant as a criticism. He did a decent job in his first season and got shafted by the points per game model that didn’t take into account fixtures still to come.

I was just pointing out that he hasn’t delivered consistently high league finishes like BK was praising him for.

NC1875
25-11-2021, 12:05 PM

This is where I’m at. People keep blaming Mathie like it’s all his fault. The players here should be good enough to provide more days like Sunday and far less days like last night. But Jack Ross isn’t the man to get it out of them. He got the same criticism at Sunderland and we all know how that ended. The sooner the same happens here the better. He’s not the man to take us forward.

superfurryhibby
25-11-2021, 12:13 PM
I'm certainly not having a pop but how were we in a mess in the summer? I kind of sit (blissfully) thinking we are a well run club, great fan base, semi healthy financial footing.

I'd have thought having qualified to 2 semis and a cup final, we would have been in a decent position compared to others in the league. I appreciate every club has it's issues due to Covid situation but surely we were in a semi healthy position?

I am not in the know in any shape or form but concerns me that us fans perceived the club to be in a mess.

Granted, we had a very poor transfer window in the summer but I would hazard a guess that our transfer thread would suggest some fans were happy with our business and we had got it done nice and early.

I wouldn't read too much into one fans opinion that the club was a mess this summer.

In my view we had a tremendous base to build upon. A strong squad of players, access to a level of investment that meant we could compete with our nearest rivals. The future was looking green.

Whatever the failings of the window, we should have enough to out perform the likes of Ross County. It's not just one game though, that's 5 in a row. It's looking like Sunday was a bit of freak and we are reverting back to the poor form that preceded it.

Ross's coat is on a shaky peg, a loss at the weekend and he's gone.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 12:16 PM
This is where I’m at. People keep blaming Mathie like it’s all his fault. The players here should be good enough to provide more days like Sunday and far less days like last night. But Jack Ross isn’t the man to get it out of them. He got the same criticism at Sunderland and we all know how that ended. The sooner the same happens here the better. He’s not the man to take us forward.

If it’s all Mathies fault for what went wrong this summer should he not be getting a lot more credit for the recruitment that led us to 3rd in the league last year?

bingo70
25-11-2021, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't read too much into one fans opinion that the club was a mess this summer.

In my view we had a tremendous base to build upon. A strong squad of players, access to a level of investment that meant we could compete with our nearest rivals. The future was looking green.

Whatever the failings of the window, we should have enough to out perform the likes of Ross County. It's not just one game though, that's 5 in a row. It's looking like Sunday was a bit of freak and we are reverting back to the poor form that preceded it.

Ross's coat is on a shaky peg, a loss at the weekend and he's gone.

Don’t agree with your last sentence.

His job is safe until the cup final at least, I genuinely think we could lose every game between now and then and he won’t get sacked.

Once the cup final is out the road is when pressure will start to build of league form doesn’t improve IMO.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 12:20 PM
This is beginning to have the Hecky feeling to it now IMO. Players underperforming, discipline going and no sign of a reaction.

Diclonius
25-11-2021, 12:20 PM
This is beginning to have the Hecky feeling to it now IMO. Players underperforming, discipline going and no sign of a reaction.

Apart from beating the Scottish champions 3-1 in a cup semi final.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 12:22 PM

It's a very small peg to hang your coat on, that, in the grand scheme of things.

Five league losses in a row is terrible. Sunday reinforces the point that on a regular basis JR is way off getting the best out of this team.

Diclonius
25-11-2021, 12:24 PM
It's a very small peg to hang your coat on, that, in the grand scheme of things.

Five league losses in a row is terrible. Sunday reinforces the point that on a regular basis JR is way off getting the best out of this team.

Heckingbottom's equivalent fixture was a 5-2 defeat to Celtic. Sunday was a comprehensive win and last night was a narrow defeat. We are on the way out of this run of form.

loanheadhibby
25-11-2021, 12:24 PM

It’s a relevant point to make but as others have said, Sunday seems an exception to the norm sadly.

25-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Heckingbottom's equivalent fixture was a 5-2 defeat to Celtic. Sunday was a comprehensive win and last night was a narrow defeat. We are on the way out of this run of form.

We are on our way out of this run of form?

We are missing two of our best attacking players for Saturday, then play Rangers and Motherwell at home.

Apologies, but we look far from being out this run of form.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 12:26 PM

St Johnstone and Rangers coming up are two tough games. I can accept a 'narrow defeat' (I refute that btw, going by the second half 1-0 flattered us) against a team we expect to struggle against but not a team who were bottom of the league by four points and hadn't won at home in six months.

I wish I shared your optimism and I did for some time before.

JimBHibees

Kind of depends the performances for me if we are playing awful with no sign of improvement and losing then big issue. If playing well but struggling to get win but genuinely unlucky then much more understanding.

Pretty Boy
Don’t agree with your last sentence.

His job is safe until the cup final at least, I genuinely think we could lose every game between now and then and he won’t get sacked.

Once the cup final is out the road is when pressure will start to build of league form doesn’t improve IMO.

The club seem hugely invested in Ross. Not just in words but with the contract extension and the like.

I really don't see him being forcibly removed anytime soon. Certainly not before January. Even then if we are well clear of relegation (and I really don't believe that is something we have to worry about) I wonder if they will take the approach of letting him steady the ship then not standing in his way is an offer materialises in the summer.

Obviously if a 5 game slide becomes absolute freefall hands may be forced.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 12:29 PM
No, it’s taken 5 defeats on the bounce in the league with the potential for it to get to 6/7/8. That’s sackable form in any league.

Nah not for me given other factors 3rd last season very good cup form etc. Way too reactionary imo.

ScottB
25-11-2021, 12:29 PM

Or, the players got themselves up for a big Semi Final, then went right back to where they were in the next league game.

25-11-2021, 12:30 PM
Or, the players got themselves up for a big Semi Final, then went right back to where they were in the next league game.

Or only raise their game against Rangers?

bingo70
25-11-2021, 12:30 PM
St Johnstone and Rangers coming up are two tough games. I can accept a 'narrow defeat' (I refute that btw, going by the second half 1-0 flattered us) against a team we expect to struggle against but not a team who were bottom of the league by four points and hadn't won at home in six months.

I wish I shared your optimism and I did for some time before.

FWIW I think we’ll beat St Johnstone on Saturday.

I don’t think our firm will magically turn round after that but I just can’t see us continuing to lose every week. St Johnstone not playing well just now and missing some big players as well.

JeMeSouviens
25-11-2021, 12:38 PM

Break down those defeats though:

Old Huns 1-2, game changed by dubious red card
United 0-3, awful
Sheep 0-1, huff puff powderpuff
Celtc 1-3, blown away, but they will do that to lots of teams
Ross C 0-1, played ok, made some chances, beaten by a fluke

That's 1 awful, 2 mediocre and 2 we'd never get much from. On the back of 7 unbeaten before that and reaching a cup final with one of our most memorable wins in decades, to talk about "sackable" is beyond ridiculous.

Hibs90
25-11-2021, 12:43 PM

United 0-3, awful

That's 1 awful, 2 mediocre and 2 we'd never get much from. On the back of 7 unbeaten before that and reaching a cup final with one of our most memorable wins in decades, to talk about "sackable" is beyond ridiculous.

That’s modern football whether you like it or not and at the end of the day it is a results driven business.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 12:44 PM

Wasn’t really criticising him. Just pointing out that we weren’t 11th when he came in. We’ll never know where we’d have finished had the season been played to completion, would probably have been determined by that St Johnstone game. We weren’t steadily climbing by the time the season was stopped though, hadn’t won in three and the last two games we got pumped by Hearts and Aberdeen.

Hibs90
25-11-2021, 12:45 PM
Nah not for me given other factors 3rd last season very good cup form etc. Way too reactionary imo.

It’s a results driven business. The cons are outweighing the pros for me.

tamig
25-11-2021, 12:48 PM

Was just about to say exactly that. JR took us from relegation candidates to 6/7 - depending on your view - in his first curtailed season. His only full season he got us third.

bingo70
25-11-2021, 12:49 PM

United 0-3, awful

I disagree with your assessment of the Celtic game, that was awful as well.

I think the Aberdeen game we never even managed a shot on target? Aberdeen were on a terrible run at that time as well I think. That falls into the awful category for me as well.

hibsbollah
25-11-2021, 12:59 PM
I'd rather stick thanks.

:agree: Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 12:59 PM

Genuinely didn't think we were that bad yesterday actually thought we were good first half just done by awful goal and red card.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 01:00 PM
The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.

Nonsense

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2021, 01:04 PM
:agree: Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.

The McInnes shout is only so he can moan about the poor standard of football.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 01:05 PM
It’s a results driven business. The cons are outweighing the pros for me.

I know that but hopefully you are wrong and we don't panic at the first sign of poor form especially after just reaching our second final on the trot blowing away the league champions. His record at Hibs clearly imo outweighs his cons.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2021, 01:41 PM
I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 02:06 PM
I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.

I’m genuinely conflicted about whether he’s the right man any more.

I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but I’m not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, I’m not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We can’t score goals.

Kato
25-11-2021, 02:11 PM
Derek McInnesNobody agrees, Derek.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2021, 02:13 PM
I’m genuinely conflicted about whether he’s the right man any more.

I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but I’m not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, I’m not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We can’t score goals.
Maybe Sunday was us turning it around. Last night, as an individual game, was no disaster. A rubbish result away on a Wednesday night, missed chances. It happens. A very rare defeat away from home under Ross. We'll win this weekend.

Is It On....
25-11-2021, 02:15 PM

I think the squad is underachieving and the buck stops at the manager. Whether it's bad luck or bad management is something only time will tell but Ron doesn't strike me as a wait and see character. I think that if there is no improvement in the next few weeks, Jack Ross will be in an extremely precarious position, particularly so since we now have an obvious caretaker manager at the club in Steve Kean.