PDA

View Full Version : same old, same old

noz
24-11-2021, 08:51 PM
we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!

Gerard
24-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Perhaps time to change our HC:flag:

GoalsMcGinley
24-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Cup final or no cup final. The manager has to go. The man is not up to the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastterrace
24-11-2021, 08:53 PM
we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!
Been like this since I started supporting hibs since the sixties. We are in deep trouble as our midfield is poor and we don’t have a strike force. Then add in the ageing defence .

AliboyFC
24-11-2021, 08:58 PM

Agree

berwickhibee
24-11-2021, 08:58 PM
Squad very sparse and then let down by unprofessional actions tonight.

5 defeats in a row is totally unacceptable for hibs,manager not my favourite but he was let down in the last transfer window.

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Consistant cup form
Consistant league form

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:00 PM
Yep. They build you up and then drop you down from a great height. That was atrocious tonight and showed exactly what we’re lacking. Nisbet had 3 great chances to score and didn’t get close, he needs to be dropped and given a rest but there’s no one else to take his place. Doidge and Boyle both managed to get themselves sent off by being ****in idiots, that means we’re flogging a dead horse for the next 2 games. I feel sorry for Nisbet, he’s not had a break for well over a year and he’s had to lead the line when in any other circumstances he’d be given a break. On that performance it’s going to be a torrid time with all the games coming up.

Heisenberg
24-11-2021, 09:00 PM
Our squad is awful and it’s not been helped by individuals letting their teammates down. Doidge and Boyle both utterly stupid tonight. We now go into two big games without Doidge and one without Boyle.

Being in a position where two of our summer signings can’t even make the squad while Darren McGregor and Jamie Gullan are getting game time tells it’s own story. Shambles.

Since452
24-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Right now a relegation fight looks more likely than 3rd. January transfer window is massive now.

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:07 PM
Right now a relegation fight looks more likely than 3rd. January transfer window is massive now.
Right now neither is the most likely option.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2021, 09:07 PM
We need to arrest this slide and tbh I'm far from confident we will do so in the next couple of games.

With a hectic schedule coming up, a still not insignificant injury list and now 2 stupid suspensions we are in a bit of bother. Ross needs a big result in the league and quickly. The performance is largely irrelevant, we just need a win. It's far from an easy run coming up so the sooner we get it the better.

Tonight is so disappointing in a number of ways. It once again highlights how important starting a rebuilding process in January is.

green day
24-11-2021, 09:09 PM

I agree, we will stutter along in 6th or 7th eventually ending up 6th.

Basically boring.

Could be curtains for J R if that happens though, as STs will plummet.

BegbieHSC
24-11-2021, 09:17 PM
We’ll get beat by St Johnstone, and somehow manage to skelp the Huns again next week, before losing at home to Motherwell the following weekend. Stick a score on it!

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:17 PM

Basically boring.

I think the January window will be huge for him. It’s seems to accepted that he was badly let down in the August window and as a result I’d expect him to receive decent backing in January. We could win the league cup and have a strong second half or we could limp along and as you say be basically boring. Right now with the games coming thick and fast we need a manager to guide us through, tonight was a bad start to that.

GoalsMcGinley
24-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Since when was signing 6 players a bad transfer window!?

Yorkshire HFC
24-11-2021, 09:24 PM

Basically boring.

It's really boring getting to all these finals and semi-finals?

I really don't understand football fans - this is a great time to be a Hibs fan - when has it been any better?

Pretty Boy
24-11-2021, 09:28 PM

When 2 of them can't even make the bench, one of them is currently playing for Raith Rovers, one isn't here yet, one has been injured for months and one of them is a 3rd choice goalkeeper?

Nicho87
24-11-2021, 09:28 PM

I really don't understand football fans - this is a great time to be a Hibs fan - when has it been any better?

I could agree with this if we played attacking free flowing football. But since we are no where near that, I’d disagree.

Jones28
24-11-2021, 09:30 PM

Wood and Scott aren’t getting on the bench. Poor.
JDH has been decent, struggled since his COVID but seems to be getting back to his best. Good.
McKay. Injured. Judgement reserved.

Honestly can’t even remember who else?

The point is it’s not about quantity.

Heisenberg
24-11-2021, 09:30 PM

Since one of them is on loan at Raith Rovers, one is a third choice backup goalkeeper and the rest are either injured or deemed not good enough by the manager. JDH is the only one to have made any positive impact.

madhatter
24-11-2021, 09:33 PM
When 2 of them can't even make the bench, one of them is currently playing for Raith Rovers, one isn't here yet, one has been injured for months and one of them is a 3rd choice goalkeeper?

Window was so bad when you look at it spelled out...

I cannot believe this was solely the fault of Mathie though. Hoping it was as it'll mean we have chance to have superb January window but I won't hold my breath.

Jones28
24-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Since one of them is on loan at Raith Rovers, one is a third choice backup goalkeeper and the rest are either injured or deemed not good enough by the manager. JDH is the only one to have made any positive impact.

Aye that was it, a player on a loan back to Raith and a third choice goalie.

Thanks recruitment team 🙄

24-11-2021, 09:36 PM

We are a very boring team to watch just now though.
Stop Boyle and you stop Hibs.

lord bunberry
24-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Aye but apart from that?

Lago
24-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Been like this since I started supporting hibs since the sixties. We are in deep trouble as our midfield is poor and we don’t have a strike force. Then add in the ageing defence .
Yes 40 odd years for me, it's been the occasional highlight, but mainly mediocrity.

Unseen work
24-11-2021, 09:39 PM
I said this afternoon when I was discussing the game with friends that I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost after Sunday as it’s “typical Hibs”.

I’m sure thousands said the same.

Here we are.

Mickey Weir
24-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Letting us down is the Hibs way. We have the best, most loyal and loudest fans in the country but the club simply aren't at the same level.

depressing stuff.

Eyrie
24-11-2021, 10:16 PM
Having been a Hibs fan for over fifty years, I just shrugged at the performance and result because going radge at a computer screen wouldn't change anything. I've seen both often enough regardless of the players or managers involved that I wasn't surprised. Disappointed yes, but the rest of my life goes on and I learnt a long time ago not to let Hibs affect that.

Coco Bryce
24-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Having been a Hibs fan for over fifty years, I just shrugged at the performance and result because going radge at a computer screen wouldn't change anything. I've seen both often enough regardless of the players or managers involved that I wasn't surprised. Disappointed yes, but the rest of my life goes on and I learnt a long time ago not to let Hibs affect that.

Been watching Hibs for over 40 years and I've smashed about 10 TVs 😂

Bishop Hibee
24-11-2021, 10:31 PM
There would have been a time i’d have been at Dingwall. Fair play to allthe fans who went first of all. Didn’t deserve that result.

As for the team, lack of goals from midfield is a huge problem with Magennis out. Five defeats on the bounce in the league quite rightly puts Ross under the spotlight. Reach seven
It right and it starts getting unsustainable to keep him in a job. The ghosts of Butcher and Fenlon are stirred by such a crap run.

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 10:42 PM

This.

Like any match we play, god knows how we will turn up.

Stuart93
24-11-2021, 10:42 PM
Hard to disagree with the OP

Every group chat/person I’ve messaged about the game all said “typical hibs”

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 11:18 PM

It’s not typical hibs for the league run we are on. It’s really concerning.

HoboHarry
24-11-2021, 11:21 PM
Ah cannae keep up. Are we s***e again or just average?

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 11:44 PM

Not as good as hearts.

I’m wrong side of 30 now and to be honest that’s usually all that matters.

houstonhibbee
25-11-2021, 12:07 AM
and 4 days ago we were brilliant.........

I hate to say it but I think Scott Allan's race has run. Not at it when he came on and almost gifted a goal.
I find it hard to blame the manager for that performance.
Started off brightly and should have scored at least one goal first half.
Second half we were laboring and Nisbet missed a couple more chances. Bringing on the subs he did were the right changes, it just didn't work out.
Looked like Doidge took a second swipe at the ross county man and referee had no choice in my opinion. After that we tried to throw everything at it but it just got worse. Very disappointing but we were back to taking the easy option and not having a real go - apart from Boyle and on occasion Doig marauding down the wing.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2021, 12:15 AM
Wood and Scott aren’t getting on the bench. Poor.
JDH has been decent, struggled since his COVID but seems to be getting back to his best. Good.
McKay. Injured. Judgement reserved.

Honestly can’t even remember who else?

The point is it’s not about quantity.

Mitchell - 3rd choice goalkeeper from Clyde and unlikely to ever play a first team game for us.
Tait - Back on loan at Raith Rovers as obviously not deemed ready to play first team football for us at the moment.

1 successful signing out of 6 is dreadful. I realise Tait may still turn out to be a success, same with MacKay (although I do have my doubts) but we really needed players to come in and do a job immediately.

Wood and Scott have so far been a waste of time and have offered us nothing.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 12:17 AM
and 4 days ago we were brilliant.........

I hate to say it but I think Scott Allan's race has run. Not at it when he came on and almost gifted a goal.
I find it hard to blame the manager for that performance.
Started off brightly and should have scored at least one goal first half.
Second half we were laboring and Nisbet missed a couple more chances. Bringing on the subs he did were the right changes, it just didn't work out.
Looked like Doidge took a second swipe at the ross county man and referee had no choice in my opinion. After that we tried to throw everything at it but it just got worse. Very disappointing but we were back to taking the easy option and not having a real go - apart from Boyle and on occasion Doig marauding down the wing.

I disagree about the subs, particularly the Allan one. It was reactive one and I thought we were crying out for his creativity earlier as Campbell wasn’t offering anything in the final third. We should have been looking to change it to take the lead rather than chase an equaliser but we just let the game drift.

When Allan got his wee spell in the team he was creating and scoring, shame he seems to be out of favour again.

Radium
25-11-2021, 12:26 AM
Having just arrived back from the game I am not surprised by the threads that have appeared but this wasn’t some non-performance.

Straight red for RC player in the first half. Looked much like the tackle Porteous was sent off for. Game changing moment, yellow given.

Lots of county players must have inner ear problems because they could barely stay on their feet when closed down, generally a free kick was given.

Campbell is breaking down the left and is taken out with a shoulder to the back, referee saw nothing

Hanlon had his jersey pulled above his sports bra at a corner but he was apparently the offender

Until the red for Doidge we were the better team.

Just seen the goal ( it was at the other end) and it is a mare.

Last ten minutes were mad and I was walking away from the ground when I heard Boyle had been sent off. Probably told the referee what everyone was thinking but shouldn’t have.

Timescale wise, if we can appeal Doidge’s red as reckless not violent and him be available for Sat before it’s heard, we should. Means we would have three strikers for next three games.

In terms of Saturday, bring Ryan back in and start with Hammer for Boyle.

houstonhibbee
25-11-2021, 12:40 AM
I disagree about the subs, particularly the Allan one. It was reactive one and I thought we were crying out for his creativity earlier as Campbell wasn’t offering anything in the final third. We should have been looking to change it to take the lead rather than chase an equaliser but we just let the game drift.

When Allan got his wee spell in the team he was creating and scoring, shame he seems to be out of favour again.
I agree - I said I thought the subs were the correct ones to make - it just didn't work out......

Hibernia&Alba
25-11-2021, 02:29 AM
Five consecutive league defeats is stinking form, and fifteen points from twelve games just isn't good enough. Brilliant at the weekend in the cup, followed by another **** show in the league. It's so frustrating.

Allant1981
25-11-2021, 04:58 AM

And here we go, didnt see you posting much the other day

Yorkshire HFC
25-11-2021, 05:23 AM
Yes 40 odd years for me, it's been the occasional highlight, but mainly mediocrity.

Yep - it's sport - anything can happen. That includes Hibs getting beaten and then having great results like on Sunday.

My first game was probably in 1972 / 1973 - Hibs have not been great for most of the time since then, but it's been great being a supporter.

Why don't we learn something from Man Utd (or from our history) - constantly changing manager and going through loads of players achieves nothing. Stick with Jack Rossand the team and hopefully celebrate a Cup win.

Would we rather be in Hibs position - or Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee Utd?

Yorkshire HFC
25-11-2021, 05:33 AM

No - it's typical that a group of 20 year olds celebrate a great result on Sunday and that their heads aren't in the right place for a big game on the Wednesday.

Cut them some slack - it happens.

Since90+2
25-11-2021, 05:33 AM
Porteous is a massive miss as he brings a drive and enthusiasm that we sadly lack when he's not in the side.

Bridge hibs
25-11-2021, 05:42 AM
Mitchell - 3rd choice goalkeeper from Clyde and unlikely to ever play a first team game for us.
Tait - Back on loan at Raith Rovers as obviously not deemed ready to play first team football for us at the moment.

1 successful signing out of 6 is dreadful. I realise Tait may still turn out to be a success, same with MacKay (although I do have my doubts) but we really needed players to come in and do a job immediately.

Wood and Scott have so far been a waste of time and have offered us nothing.Tait was loaned back to Raith as part of the transfer agreement, nothing to do with him not being ready for the first team, that wasnt hibs choice. He will join us in January, whether he will be part of the first team is up to Ross but reports seem to say the lad has potential

heretoday
25-11-2021, 06:04 AM
Porteous is a massive miss as he brings a drive and enthusiasm that we sadly lack when he's not in the side.

Correct. He's our best player.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2021, 06:10 AM
Tait was loaned back to Raith as part of the transfer agreement, nothing to do with him not being ready for the first team, that wasnt hibs choice. He will join us in January, whether he will be part of the first team is up to Ross but reports seem to say the lad has potential

Fair enough, I'm not privvy to the ins and outs of transfer agreements so happy to accept the word of someone who is.

I just would have thought if he was ready to play for us in the summer Hibs would have made sure that he wasn't loaned back to Raith Rovers.

Hopefully when he joins us in January he will be ready to play immediately as it's badly needed and it becomes 2 decent signings out of 6.

Since90+2
25-11-2021, 06:22 AM
Correct. He's our best player.

I'd say there's an argument he's certainly our second most important player after Boyle.

He just has a passion and will to win that seems infectious when he plays. I don't see that in other players.

25-11-2021, 06:24 AM
Nisbet is actually not good enough for us. He's not tough enough, doesn't work hard enough and can only score when the circumstances are perfect for him. He's not the type of striker that can make a goal out of nothing. The header and half volley attempts that he had last night were good chances but shocking efforts from him, half hearted attempts.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 06:55 AM
Nisbet is actually not good enough for us. He's not tough enough, doesn't work hard enough and can only score when the circumstances are perfect for him. He's not the type of striker that can make a goal out of nothing. The header and half volley attempts that he had last night were good chances but shocking efforts from him, half hearted attempts.

Haven't you watched any of the goals he has scored for us. Just needs a couple of goals to get up and running. He was excellent on Sunday including build up to the second goal but you were probably watching that game from behind a couch. :greengrin

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 06:59 AM
50 odd for me and counting and probably the same for the majority of clubs in the land other than rantic.

25-11-2021, 07:21 AM
Haven't you watched any of the goals he has scored for us. Just needs a couple of goals to get up and running. He was excellent on Sunday including build up to the second goal but you were probably watching that game from behind a couch. :greengrin

So is our season all about Sunday now?

Our league form needs sorted out quickly. Is a player like Nisbet up for the fight? I'm not so sure.

Nisbet has been average for pretty much the whole season.

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 07:22 AM
So is our season all about Sunday now?

Our league form needs sorted out quickly. Is a player like Nisbet up for the fight? I'm not so sure.

Nisbet has been average for pretty much the whole season.

If we win the cup then yes? Was the argument last season no that most people would rather win trophies than finish third?

25-11-2021, 07:24 AM
If we win the cup then yes? Was the argument last season no that most people would rather win trophies than finish third?

Granted, if we win the cup and stay up the league finish won't really matter but... We really can't afford to slide into a relegation battle with this current side, I don't think that would end well. It would be a monumental disaster.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:30 AM
Granted, if we win the cup and stay up the league finish won't really matter but... We really can't afford to slide into a relegation battle with this current side, I don't think that would end well. It would be a monumental disaster.
This current side is one of the best we've had in years, when we get a full squad back we'll climb the table. What makes you think we won't?

Smartie
25-11-2021, 07:31 AM
Window was so bad when you look at it spelled out...

I cannot believe this was solely the fault of Mathie though. Hoping it was as it'll mean we have chance to have superb January window but I won't hold my breath.

This is my concern (that it wasn’t all down to Mathie).

There will probably be huge pressure on Hibs to salvage the season with an exceptional window - and the last one was atrocious.

Has enough changed for us to have confidence that we’re going to do the business we so badly need?

25-11-2021, 07:34 AM
This current side is one of the best we've had in years, when we get a full squad back we'll climb the table. What makes you think we won't?

Does it have the fight for a scrappy battle if we continue to slide? Based on our performances so far this season I'm not so sure, look at the current league run we are on. How many shockers have we had at home?

We have 1 away win all season and that was on the opening day and our home record isn't great.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:36 AM
Does it have the fight for a scrappy battle if we continue to slide? Based on our performances so far this season I'm not so sure, look at the current league run we are on. How many shockers have we had at home?

We have 1 away win all season and that was on the opening day and our home record isn't great.
When we get anything like a full squad back do you think we will improve? I think there's no doubt we will.

25-11-2021, 07:39 AM
When we get anything like a full squad back do you think we will improve? I think there's no doubt we will.

Let's hope so. The run of games we have along with the suspensions worries me.

HFC 0-7
25-11-2021, 07:40 AM
Teams that don’t play a high line against us will have a good chance of beating us. Teams that play a high line and we can get in behind with boyle. We can’t break teams down

Smartie
I'd say there's an argument he's certainly our second most important player after Boyle.

He just has a passion and will to win that seems infectious when he plays. I don't see that in other players.

Magennis is the man who transforms this team.

Boyle is the cutting edge in the final third.

Porteous and Hanlon are both huge players at the back and are badly missed when absent.

If we’re missing any of them we look poorer. If we’re missing 2 or more we look lost.

I expect us to look lost without Magennis and Boyle at the weekend.

Crunchie
Let's hope so. The run of games we have along with the suspensions worries me.
Their record suggests they will, you really don't have anything to worry about.. do you?

marinello59
25-11-2021, 07:43 AM
JR must be tearing his hair out at the inconsistency of so many in our squad. We aren’t dealing with a Butcher style melt down here, it’s a blip. Keep the faith, we will turn this around.

Crunchie
25-11-2021, 07:45 AM
JR must be tearing his hair out at the inconsistency of so many in our squad. We aren’t dealing with a Butcher style melt down here, it’s a blip. Keep the faith, we will turn this around.
:top marks

bigwheel
25-11-2021, 07:49 AM

Helpful posts this ..completely agree .

Players and Ross will find their way out of this league run soon

Keith_M
25-11-2021, 07:53 AM
Well that didn't last long.

You'd think the manager would have a bit of credit in the bank after Sunday, but apparently not

Jeezo

:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 08:01 AM

You'd think the manager would have a bit of credit in the bank after Sunday, but apparently not

Jeezo

Agree a ridiculous onslaught imo.

adam middlemass
25-11-2021, 08:02 AM

Jeezo

I agree, once we get most of our players back and January signings in we’ll be fine :aok:

Since90+2
25-11-2021, 08:02 AM
Magennis is the man who transforms this team.

Boyle is the cutting edge in the final third.

Porteous and Hanlon are both huge players at the back and are badly missed when absent.

If we’re missing any of them we look poorer. If we’re missing 2 or more we look lost.

I expect us to look lost without Magennis and Boyle at the weekend.

I like Magennis but I'm not sure I'd go as far to say he transforms the team. He definitely adds to it.

We are the closest thing to a one man team in this league, if Boyle was to get any kind of injury that kept him out for a few months then we'll likely be finishing 9th or 10th.

25-11-2021, 08:15 AM

Jeezo

Let's be honest, given the league form before Sunday and now the continuation of that league form with a tough run of comes coming up, Sundays result was a nice to have. As mentioned on other threads, when do we become concerned with no European Football and a reduction in Season Ticket numbers next season if this continues? It is a difficult situation, our league form must improve. Bottom six should be a sackable offence for a manager of Hibs.

WestStandWillie
25-11-2021, 08:17 AM

Happened as long as I remember. No even surprised anymair.

Does occasionally work the other way, mind us getting beat by Hearts and we went to Ibrox midweek and skelped the sticky buns 3-0.

Martin and Christian have severely let us down last night. JR needs to beat St Johnstone or I suspect the shoogly peg might fall out.

Jones28
25-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Let's be honest, given the league form before Sunday and now the continuation of that league form with a tough run of comes coming up, Sundays result was a nice to have. As mentioned on other threads, when do we become concerned with no European Football and a reduction in Season Ticket numbers next season if this continues? It is a difficult situation, our league form must improve. Bottom six should be a sackable offence for a manager of Hibs.

What if that manager finished third the season before and won the league cup?

It isn't as black and white as that.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2021, 08:36 AM

The performances concern me more than the results.

I know some folk think last night was all right (and in isolation it wasn’t the worst) but we just stopped in the second half. We’re already 5 defeats on the bounce, we have a run of fixtures that we don’t have the squad to cope with and last night was the poorest team we’ll face.

I’m not convinced our league position is going to be very healthy by the time we come out of December.

CMac1988
25-11-2021, 08:47 AM

Then he'd get the plaudits he deserves. But he'll still be hanging in the balance as despite a commendable league finish and theoretical Cup win it's hard to take to the man and his style of football as it's borderline hoofball when under pressure, which most teams now take advantage of, and hope Boyle can come up with something.

He should be given an opportunity to try and turn performances around and get us playing more consistently, but he'll never be more than a couple of games away from many of our support turning unless things improve dramatically. Given our next couple of games and our thread bare squad it's difficult to see how he'll manage it.

He needs to do what he can and get us to January without further imploding as we've done well in the winter transfer window over the last few years and it may be the only way to getting us fighting at the right side end the table.

Bukta#8
25-11-2021, 08:53 AM
In our current predicament he will not get sacked, if the League slide continues I believe January would be the time

WhileTheChief..
25-11-2021, 08:57 AM

Basically boring.

It’s not just next season’s sales that will be down, attendances at ER are going to fall throughout December I’d imagine. Home games are going to be pretty grim.

We’ll limp along to the transfer window, but if we’re honest with ourselves, we won’t strengthen enough to be in a position to challenge for Europe.

where'stheslope
25-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Fans waiting for Doidge to come back, he then gets sent off in his first game back, Boyle follows him with a stupid red card?
What chance have we got if we get players back, but can't keep our discipline?
Poor manager is getting pelters, but its the players letting him down!!!

25-11-2021, 09:35 AM

Let's hope him winning the Semi isn't a Duffy style reprieve and he stays longer than he should if December does get ugly to our real detriment. He really does need to sort out the league form regardless of the squad, injuries, suspensions or poor transfer windows which he was in the building for. He is our manager, it is on him.

McInnes is available and I'm sure he'd love to work at Hibs with what we have.

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Let's hope him winning the Semi isn't a Duffy style reprieve and he stays longer than he should if December does get ugly to our real detriment. He really does need to sort out the league form regardless of the squad, injuries, suspensions or poor transfer windows which he was in the building for. He is our manager, it is on him.

Jack loves you. Honest. That stuff is all in the past. :wink:

Jones28
25-11-2021, 09:40 AM

Jack Ross is giving us the pragmatic football that has worked for us in the past, with occasionally brilliant games in which we play scintillating football.

DM was emptied from Aberdeen because of the style of football. You really think he will totally change his style because he's at Hibs where a certain way of playing is more valued by the support?

25-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Jack Ross is giving us the pragmatic football that has worked for us in the past, with occasionally brilliant games in which we play scintillating football.

DM was emptied from Aberdeen because of the style of football. You really think he will totally change his style because he's at Hibs where a certain way of playing is more valued by the support?

When did we last play scintillating football under Jack Ross?

Derek McInnes has more credentials than Jack Ross has that's for sure. I'd get him in for the cup final.

Wee Mickey
25-11-2021, 09:44 AM
Fans waiting for Doidge to come back, he then gets sent off in his first game back, Boyle follows him with a stupid red card?
What chance have we got if we get players back, but can't keep our discipline?
Poor manager is getting pelters, but its the players letting him down!!!

absolutely, the players can’t pick and choose when to perform. Sunday’s performance compared to last night isn’t down to the manager.

Heisenberg
25-11-2021, 09:49 AM

Derek McInnes has more credentials than Jack Ross has that's for sure. I'd get him in for the cup final.

How many cup finals did he win v Celtc? Bottled them all from what I can remember. McInnes would face the same issues Ross did last season. Folk would moan like **** about his football even if we are winning.

JeMeSouviens
25-11-2021, 09:54 AM

Are you for real? :greengrin

Finishing 3rd and 2 cup finals in a row being compared to Duff Jimmy? :faf:

Oh well, at least that cheered me up after last night.

bigwheel
25-11-2021, 09:56 AM

Ha. I agree: made me chuckle …very funny post…..some posters are obviously having a field day today …others are having a more balanced criticism of the league form..the post you quoted is one of the former!

25-11-2021, 09:57 AM

Our form really is that bad and we have seen monumental collapses before post christmas.

We have a tough run of games, let's hope we can get some results quickly somehow.

Kato
25-11-2021, 11:02 AM
This thread stinks to high heaven.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
25-11-2021, 11:11 AM

About 3 ****ing days ago against the Huns in national semi-final.

Right then I'll bite, I'm guessing you're going to offer up a League Cup and a few second & third placed finished when Hibs and Rangers were both in the championship as DM's credentials?

DIXIHIBS
25-11-2021, 11:13 AM
We are a very boring team to watch just now though.
Stop Boyle and you stop Hibs.

Were you bored on sunday? Its been obvious for a while but your mask is starting to slip now. Multiple threads and the same agenda. Give it up.

CMac1988
25-11-2021, 11:52 AM

Can't speak for Jones but agree that scintillating football is hyperbole at its finest. The football on display is turgid and Sundays win was more about small moments of brilliance and a lot of heart and fight. Can't really think of games where we've won comfortably and in style under JR.

With that said... McInnes? Really? He's no different from JR. Pragmatic approach of being tough to beat and grinding out wins. He achieved an element of consistency with that approach without much competition with ourselves, Hearts and Rangers out the loop but the football was *****. Despite finishing 2nd and 3rd most seasons and decent cup runs they're support floundered. The football wasn't entertaining in the slightest. His team's always rolled over against Celtic and Rangers also. Whilst there's some interesting parallels beyond that I think we'd be worse.

25-11-2021, 12:05 PM
Were you bored on sunday? Its been obvious for a while but your mask is starting to slip now. Multiple threads and the same agenda. Give it up.

Whilst Sunday was an outstanding win for the club and a generally solid defensive performance (Porteous can be forgiven) it was done with 3 goals from 3 shots on target and 30% possession all in the first 30mins. The point is that how we play is proving to be very dull and not very sustainable as evidenced in our league form.

tamig
25-11-2021, 01:22 PM
Fair enough, I'm not privvy to the ins and outs of transfer agreements so happy to accept the word of someone who is.

I just would have thought if he was ready to play for us in the summer Hibs would have made sure that he wasn't loaned back to Raith Rovers.

Hopefully when he joins us in January he will be ready to play immediately as it's badly needed and it becomes 2 decent signings out of 6.
The Tait arrangement is public knowledge that’s been mentioned more than a few times here. Making stuff up to have a pop is poor form.

matty_f
25-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Whilst Sunday was an outstanding win for the club and a generally solid defensive performance (Porteous can be forgiven) it was done with 3 goals from 3 shots on target and 30% possession all in the first 30mins. The point is that how we play is proving to be very dull and not very sustainable as evidenced in our league form.

And if we’d lost 3-1 to 3 shots on target against us, and had 70% possession you’d be telling us it counts for nothing. Boring, predictable, nonsense.

Stuart93
25-11-2021, 01:35 PM

Has anyone questioned if you’re actually a hibs fan yet?

I know I’m negative but you take the piss

superfurryhibby
25-11-2021, 01:42 PM

10. 9. 8. 7.........

Keep it up, you're a funny guy.

JeMeSouviens
25-11-2021, 01:51 PM

I mean I suppose it's possible (dare I say it, a la Hermit), but I think we'd all be shocked tbh. :wink:

25-11-2021, 02:03 PM

Sunday was a great win and we hoped that would bring back a feel good factor.

All I've done is added the stats from the game to our current run of form, if you look at it that way it provides a different perspective to how we all actually felt on Sunday with a final to look forward to and a good run of games. That feeling is now totally different. It's a fickle game but nobody likes being on a poor run of form like this.

Jones28
25-11-2021, 02:03 PM
Can't speak for Jones but agree that scintillating football is hyperbole at its finest. The football on display is turgid and Sundays win was more about small moments of brilliance and a lot of heart and fight. Can't really think of games where we've won comfortably and in style under JR.

With that said... McInnes? Really? He's no different from JR. Pragmatic approach of being tough to beat and grinding out wins. He achieved an element of consistency with that approach without much competition with ourselves, Hearts and Rangers out the loop but the football was *****. Despite finishing 2nd and 3rd most seasons and decent cup runs they're support floundered. The football wasn't entertaining in the slightest. His team's always rolled over against Celtic and Rangers also. Whilst there's some interesting parallels beyond that I think we'd be worse.

We have played excellent football at times, while being pragmatic and winning games the majority of the time.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 02:04 PM
Our form really is that bad and we have seen monumental collapses before post christmas.

We have a tough run of games, let's hope we can get some results quickly somehow.

Your trolling is ridiculous absolute torture. Not a chance you are a Hibs fan. :greengrin

25-11-2021, 02:11 PM
Your trolling is ridiculous absolute torture. Not a chance you are a Hibs fan. :greengrin

I'll be at Hampden for the final.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 02:14 PM
The Tait arrangement is public knowledge that’s been mentioned more than a few times here. Making stuff up to have a pop is poor form.

Yep all fans now about Tait. Hibs announced it.

CMac1988
25-11-2021, 04:35 PM
We have played excellent football at times, while being pragmatic and winning games the majority of the time.

First of all apologies as after reading that back my message came across as a little condescending with regards to your choice of words.

That said we're going to have to agree to disagree here as even excellent might be pushing it for me. I've felt the football on offer has been poor for some time and struggle to enjoy watching us play most games. This team with the exception of Boyle just doesn't excite me. We've become a one man team and I don't think its solely down to the majority of our players. This squad are capable of much better and it's up to JR to get that from them.

Since452
25-11-2021, 06:21 PM

We were clinical on Sunday. Took our chances then defended with heart and desire. Did you think Rangers were going to sit back and let us have all the possession at 3-1 down in a semi final? We were absolutely outstanding to a man. A thoroughly professional performance that we've all been craving at Hampden.

Hibiza
25-11-2021, 06:25 PM

When ?

lord bunberry
25-11-2021, 06:28 PM
When ?
This season we were excellent against Motherwell and Ross County. The first half in the cup against Dundee Utd we were brilliant.

green day
26-11-2021, 07:42 AM

I know what my thoughts are, but perhaps best report to admins and leave them to it.

Jones28
26-11-2021, 08:39 AM
First of all apologies as after reading that back my message came across as a little condescending with regards to your choice of words.

That said we're going to have to agree to disagree here as even excellent might be pushing it for me. I've felt the football on offer has been poor for some time and struggle to enjoy watching us play most games. This team with the exception of Boyle just doesn't excite me. We've become a one man team and I don't think its solely down to the majority of our players. This squad are capable of much better and it's up to JR to get that from them.

No worries :aok:

When does it become the players responsibility? A manager can only do and say so much. I suspect behind closed doors JR will feel he's being let down by players he's relying on to produce, and when we've had as poor a transfer window as we've had (JDH aside, reserving judgement on others but feel like McKay, Mueller and Tait will be good additions) he doesn't have options to make big changes.

We've seen what happens when everything comes together, that was the collective work of everyone. We just need it to come together more often.

J-C
26-11-2021, 09:23 AM
I honestly think it's a mentality problem, whether that's coming from the manager, players or both. Players need to be able to raise their game no matter who we play, Riss needs to be able to motivate them against the so called smaller teams. Did they think after Sunday all they had to do was turn up?

26-11-2021, 09:49 AM
I know what my thoughts are, but perhaps best report to admins and leave them to it.

So your saying a fan is not allowed to have views that oppose the common train of thought on here?

Have you seen the majority of our performances this season and the current run that we are on?

We played Dundee United and Celtic at home and didn't even lay a glove on them.

Jones28
26-11-2021, 10:31 AM
So your saying a fan is not allowed to have views that oppose the common train of thought on here?

Have you seen the majority of our performances this season and the current run that we are on?

We scored against Celtic, and came very close to another goal. We had a shocker of a first half but I thought the players hauled themselves off the canvass. Even the Celtic manager said afterwards thats the best they've played all season.

JimBHibees
26-11-2021, 05:33 PM
I honestly think it's a mentality problem, whether that's coming from the manager, players or both. Players need to be able to raise their game no matter who we play, Riss needs to be able to motivate them against the so called smaller teams. Did they think after Sunday all they had to do was turn up?

To be fair we played ok for an hour dominating the game but couldn't score they get a freak goal and Doidge gets sent off. Don't think performance was bad.

Bridge hibs
26-11-2021, 05:52 PM
The Tait arrangement is public knowledge that’s been mentioned more than a few times here. Making stuff up to have a pop is poor form.Dont think that was his intention to be honest, he is a good poster on here and posts always balanced. Easy to miss stuff now and then

J-C
26-11-2021, 07:24 PM
To be fair we played ok for an hour dominating the game but couldn't score they get a freak goal and Doidge gets sent off. Don't think performance was bad.

I agree it wasn't a terrible performance, just another game where we sort of huffed and puffed without doing anything, just sort of turned up expecting to win.

inglisavhibs
26-11-2021, 07:45 PM

Yes anybody is allowed to express an opinion, even supporters of other teams.

green day
26-11-2021, 10:35 PM
Yes anybody is allowed to express an opinion, even supporters of other teams.

🤭🤭👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2021, 05:08 AM

I thought it was a terrible performance against a bottom of the league side.