PDA

View Full Version : Mueller free to come to Hibs

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 02:12 AM
His team Orlando have just been knocked out of the MLS playoffs and that means their season is over.
Mueller played 80 minutes before being substituted.
Just a case of tying up loose ends with Orlando, having a short rest etc before heading for Edinburgh and Easter Road.
Can't play until January but can't see any reason for Orlando stopping him coming across here whenever he wants to set off.
See you soon Chris!

HoboHarry
24-11-2021, 02:19 AM
His team Orlando have just been knocked out of the MLS playoffs and that means their season is over.
Just a case of tying up loose ends with Orlando, having a short rest etc before heading for Edinburgh and Easter Road.
Can't play until January but can't see any reason for Orlando stopping him coming across here whenever he wants to set off.
See you soon Chris!

From an insurance point of view would he even be allowed to train with us before January?

ian cruise
24-11-2021, 04:28 AM
From an insurance point of view would he even be allowed to train with us before January?

He's definitely moving so Orlando wouldn't have any real argument for stopping him, in theory if injured the club could cancel his contract but there's no way in reality that would happen, especially if he did so while training with Hibs. There would definitely be some liability cover in place that would cover him, the same would be required for trialists, etc.

Not saying he definitely will come but should he do so he'll be covered.

cameronw-hfc
24-11-2021, 05:47 AM
He can come train but he can't play. Can't / won't be registered to play until January when the window opens and registration is allowed again.

JimBHibees
24-11-2021, 05:54 AM
He can come train but he can't play. Can't / won't be registered to play until January when the window opens and registration is allowed again.

Hopefully allows him a time to settle in and be game ready when he can play though unfortunately we go into. a break after Derby. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
24-11-2021, 07:25 AM
The money badger.

Can't wait to see his inspirational tweets after an insipid 0-0 draw away to ST mirren or someone like that.

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Thanksgiving then Christmas. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed where he is and comes over towards new years day

hibbyfraelibby
24-11-2021, 10:08 AM

...or a work permit to allow him to start early?

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 10:14 AM
Thanksgiving then Christmas. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed where he is and comes over towards new years day

There is every chance of that given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.
The upside of Orlando getting knocked out is there is no chance of him sustaining a bad injury before joining us. He has played 30 games this season so a rest will do him good.
The downside is he won't play for 2 months now which is basically a close season so will be rusty when he arrives. We could also really do with him playing now given our brutal match schedule.

J-C
24-11-2021, 10:33 AM
...or a work permit to allow him to start early?

Under contract till December, so cant sign till new window in January.

Sioux
24-11-2021, 01:36 PM
See you soon Chris!

There is every chance of that (comes over towards new years day) given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.
The upside of Orlando getting knocked out is there is no chance of him sustaining a bad injury before joining us. He has played 30 games this season so a rest will do him good.
The downside is he won't play for 2 months now which is basically a close season so will be rusty when he arrives. We could also really do with him playing now given our brutal match schedule.

So, your original post was a pile of made up nonsense? The second, a backtrack of biblical proportions.

davhibby
24-11-2021, 04:18 PM
There is every chance of that given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.

He’ll be free to play in the derby before the break

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 06:06 PM
So, your original post was a pile of made up nonsense? The second, a backtrack of biblical proportions.

It's okay for you spellbound Christine in your Hong Kong garden surrounded by your Arabian knights.
I had to write the original post at 3am whilst the sandman was giving me heavy hints.
I started the thread to give Hibs.netters some good news to wake up to this morning.
In that original post I did not define the time scale of "short rest" or "soon" hence there is no nonsense or subsequent contradiction.

A couple of thousand folk viewed the original post and some submitted their own posts to the thread. I responded to one of the posts and agreed with the poster that Mueller would probably fire across here in a months time.

If that's all i'll let you get back to the mirage of your happy house and play on your helter skelter.

Keep in touch with yourself.

Since90+2
24-11-2021, 06:12 PM
He might be able to come now but he's going to need a break. Has he not played for about the last 5 or 6 months?

I'd imagine he's going to need a break of 3-4 weeks before getting into training.

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 06:44 PM
He might be able to come now but he's going to need a break. Has he not played for about the last 5 or 6 months?

I'd imagine he's going to need a break of 3-4 weeks before getting into training.

He has played 30 games for Orlando in the MLS this season.

Since452
24-11-2021, 07:29 PM
I hope we don't expect too much too soon of this guy and write him off. Scottish football will be like a smack in the face for him. Big culture change. He'll need the rest of this season to settle in.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-11-2021, 07:42 PM
It's okay for you spellbound Christine in your Hong Kong garden surrounded by your Arabian knights.
I had to write the original post at 3am whilst the sandman was giving me heavy hints.
I started the thread to give Hibs.netters some good news to wake up to this morning.
In that original post I did not define the time scale of "short rest" or "soon" hence there is no nonsense or subsequent contradiction.

A couple of thousand folk viewed the original post and some submitted their own posts to the thread. I responded to one of the posts and agreed with the poster that Mueller would probably fire across here in a months time.

If that's all i'll let you get back to the mirage of your happy house and play on your helter skelter.

I’ve read this six times now and I still feel stupid.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2021, 07:42 PM
I hope we don't expect too much too soon of this guy and write him off. Scottish football will be like a smack in the face for him. Big culture change. He'll need the rest of this season to settle in.

To be perfectly honest, i've watched him a few times and he's not done anything special for me to think he's better than anything we already have.

:offski:

bigwheel
24-11-2021, 07:44 PM

Deep set of Siouxie and the Banshees references

mixumatosis
24-11-2021, 07:57 PM
If he's got a wife & kids (i think someone mentioned he does), the chances are they'll be covered by his health insurance as part of his contract with Orlando. Absolutely zero chance he will agree to any gap in coverage caused by an early release from his contract. He might head over to look for somewhere to live, but i'd be enormously surprised if he so much as appears in a promo video for us before January 1st.

Glory Lurker
24-11-2021, 08:11 PM
I'll be interested in how his training is managed. It's not our call yet I don't suppose, but I wonder if he'll take the next 4-6 weeks off then do a pre-season during the shutdown?

HoboHarry
24-11-2021, 11:36 PM

Dear Prudence, Kiss them for me.......

The 90+2
24-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Who signed him?

gbhibby
25-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Could he not be played as a trialist before January? Or is that loophole been closed?

flash
25-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Who signed him?

Was it not Ian Gordon who did the deal.

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 11:49 AM

Aaaaaaaall the people, so many people, and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their...
Parklife

ruthven_raiders
25-11-2021, 12:06 PM
I'll be interested in how his training is managed. It's not our call yet I don't suppose, but I wonder if he'll take the next 4-6 weeks off then do a pre-season during the shutdown?

Exactly what he will I do assume, had a full MLS season, so needs a break then do his preseason early January...also some people have said he hasn't looked any better than what we have, don't know the standard of MLS, maybe it's higher than our league...hence him not looking as good as some thought he'd be. Going by his Instagram account, think his work rate and attitude are first class... hopefully some players at East Mains will be inspired by that.

WeeRussell
25-11-2021, 12:09 PM

Lucky you. I got to one and a half and fainted.

25-11-2021, 12:17 PM

We had high expectations of Doidge returning and look how that turned out.

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Aaaaaaaall the people, so many people, and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their...
Parklife

Is that because the post is a blur?

Northernhibee
25-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Is that because my post is a blur?

Way too many Coxon this board.

Diclonius
25-11-2021, 12:24 PM

He's played about half an hour of football.

Brightside
25-11-2021, 01:04 PM
He's played about half an hour of football.

Sell him now. 😂

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 01:11 PM

:faf::faf:

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 02:45 PM

Certainly lots of stereotypes, beetle bums and a charmless man

The Sundance Kid
25-11-2021, 03:06 PM
Has is been announced how long Mueller’s deal with us is for?

Would imagine we would have been looking to sign him on a long term deal given his signing was heralded as a bit of a coup but can’t remember seeing it quoted anywhere

Hibiza
25-11-2021, 03:06 PM
He might "Dazzle " us .

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Has is been announced how long Mueller’s deal with us is for?

Would imagine we would have been looking to sign him on a long term deal given his signing was heralded as a bit of a coup but can’t remember seeing it quoted anywhere

Contract length for Mueller has never appeared in any form of media.
I concluded that this was no coincidence. It was a purposeful act for a reason still to be divulged.
The media and the fans are always told exactly what the club wants them to know and in this case they are controlling the narrative on his contract length.

The guy obviously wanted to come to Europe and Scotland is in close physical proximity to England.
IMO Mueller and his agent have been sold on this being the best way for him to find his way to a team in England and we won't stand in his way etc etc.
There is some sort of creative contract and clauses afoot and time as ever will reveal the details.

The guy is a decent player, has a great attitude but doesn't score as many goals as he should.
I have no idea how he will do but he will have to operate in half the space and time he was afforded by opposition players in the MLS.

cabbageandribs1875
25-11-2021, 03:46 PM
i see he's on the left in a couple of those games, he took that 2nd goal nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XACFQkoA1Z0

CapitalGreen
26-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Arriving in Scotland on Wednesday as per Jack Ross interview.

Stevie Reid
26-11-2021, 01:34 PM

Just hope Mueller doesn't Miss America.

Smartie
26-11-2021, 02:21 PM
This is a low.

Ronniekirk
26-11-2021, 02:23 PM
i see he's on the left in a couple of those games, he took that 2nd goal nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XACFQkoA1Z0

Murphy replacement then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
26-11-2021, 03:17 PM
Parklife

:faf:

hibbysam
26-11-2021, 07:02 PM
Contract length for Mueller has never appeared in any form of media.
I concluded that this was no coincidence. It was a purposeful act for a reason still to be divulged.
The media and the fans are always told exactly what the club wants them to know and in this case they are controlling the narrative on his contract length.

The guy obviously wanted to come to Europe and Scotland is in close physical proximity to England.
IMO Mueller and his agent have been sold on this being the best way for him to find his way to a team in England and we won't stand in his way etc etc.
There is some sort of creative contract and clauses afoot and time as ever will reveal the details.

The guy is a decent player, has a great attitude but doesn't score as many goals as he should.
I have no idea how he will do but he will have to operate in half the space and time he was afforded by opposition players in the MLS.

Supposedly on a rather large wage funded by a third party but that could be complete nonsense, sees Hibs as that stepping stone as you say into Europe.

CapitalGreen
26-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Supposedly on a rather large wage funded by a third party but that could be complete nonsense, sees Hibs as that stepping stone as you say into Europe.

Considering he’s currently only on ~£1.8k pw in the States, I’d be surprised if we’re paying him an exorbitant wage to come here.

HoboHarry
26-11-2021, 09:45 PM
Considering he’s currently only on ~£1.8k pw in the States, I’d be surprised if we’re paying him an exorbitant wage to come here.
I'd be curious to hear where that info came from? He's a full international.......

Vault Boy
26-11-2021, 09:47 PM

He'll definitely be a high earner for us.

CapitalGreen
26-11-2021, 10:19 PM
He'll definitely be a high earner for us.

Oh for sure, but not to the level where we’d need to have third parties funding his wages which the poster I replied to suggested was happening.

CapitalGreen
26-11-2021, 10:26 PM
I'd be curious to hear where that info came from? He's a full international.......

MLS salaries are all public record and published by the MLS Players Association.

You can find them on the following link, just search Mueller: https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

$137.5k pa = ~£93k pa or £1.8k pw

People need to stop building up expectations that we are signing some global superstar. We are signing a decent player who’s got a couple of international caps on a free transfer. He’ll probably take some time to adapt to our league and find his feet, but hopefully once he does so he’ll make a positive contribution to the team.

SMAXXA
26-11-2021, 10:27 PM

That’s a new one, where have you heard this?

Unseen work
26-11-2021, 11:09 PM
His form seems to have massively dipped since it was announced we were signing him.

Perhaps that’s been on his mind that he’s leaving and doesn’t want to get injured etc.

He looks a very direct and pacey forward though, often planing on the right. I feel a bit for Ross as Mueller, Boyle and Magennis behind Nisbet would have game him a high pressing team with bundles of energy.

From the couple of games I’ve seen Mueller I think people need to not put too much expectations on him though.

CMurdoch
26-11-2021, 11:16 PM
He might "Dazzle " us .

Got you

hibbysam
26-11-2021, 11:33 PM
That’s a new one, where have you heard this?

Was just a rumour I’d heard. No substance just posting what I’d heard. Wouldn’t have the foggiest idea what the guy is on in America.

CMurdoch
27-11-2021, 12:25 AM
MLS salaries are all public record and published by the MLS Players Association.

You can find them on the following link, just search Mueller: https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

$137.5k pa = ~£93k pa or £1.8k pw

People need to stop building up expectations that we are signing some global superstar. We are signing a decent player who’s got a couple of international caps on a free transfer. He’ll probably take some time to adapt to our league and find his feet, but hopefully once he does so he’ll make a positive contribution to the team.

Great post and certainly puts things into perspective and suggests Hibs have over sold the guy a bit.
To give folk an even better idea of Muellers level, average players like Jake Mulraney that have moved to the MLS from Hearts are on double the wage Mueller was on.
I suspect Mulraney is over paid and Mueller is under paid but it is food for thought.

Another stat that may be of interest relates to MLS based Stuart Findlay who folk on here have been suggesting as likely to be on his way to Hibs
Believe it or not he is on 3 times the wage Mueller is on so don't expect to see him back in Scotland until his contract there expires

Another one you might remember is the american player Jon Gallagher, who Aberdeen had on loan. He is only on $81,000 dollars a year. He did okay at Aberdeen but ultimately wasn't good enough.

Two players who were on loan at Hibs in recent years and did not impress are also playing in the MLS:
Emerson Hyndman who is on a mouth watering $800k a season and Ryan Gauld who is on a mind blowing $2 million a season

As Capital Green says we need to manage our expectations of Chris Mueller and give him time to adapt.
From what I have seen of him he is a talented, fit and enthusiastic grafter who will give of his best to try to make it at Hibs.

The 90+2
27-11-2021, 12:34 AM
Was it not Ian Gordon who did the deal.

I hope not mate.

St.Kristopher
27-11-2021, 12:58 AM
I hope not, mate.

Ben stated that Ian was a crucial part of this deal. If you are going negative on his involvement in this, I don't understand why. I don't watch MLS, but friends who do rate Muller as a top prospect. Ian has had enough contacts to connect and land the deal. Even if the agreement he has made washes our face after Muller moves on to a team in Europe that can pay more. We put ourselves on the map for other guys like him. I don't see a downside.

SMAXXA
27-11-2021, 01:04 AM
I hope not mate.

Why what difference would that make? Bizarre comment

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2021, 02:16 AM
After playing in Orlando if the weather is anything like today when he arrives he'll probably get on the first flight back :greengrin

HoboHarry
27-11-2021, 02:55 AM
After playing in Orlando if the weather is anything like today when he arrives he'll probably get on the first flight back :greengrin

He'd be quite right too. 14c here today and I'm fharkin freezing, and it's only going to be 12c tomorrow. Don't recall agreeing to these temperatures.......

DJ HIBBY
27-11-2021, 06:06 AM
Was just a rumour I’d heard. No substance just posting what I’d heard. Wouldn’t have the foggiest idea what the guy is on in America.

Heard the same rumour too. Heard he will be highest earner at Hibs

duffers
27-11-2021, 06:50 AM
Great post and certainly puts things into perspective and suggests Hibs have over sold the guy a bit.
To give folk an even better idea of Muellers level, average players like Jake Mulraney that have moved to the MLS from Hearts are on double the wage Mueller was on.
I suspect Mulraney is over paid and Mueller is under paid but it is food for thought.

Another stat that may be of interest relates to MLS based Stuart Findlay who folk on here have been suggesting as likely to be on his way to Hibs
Believe it or not he is on 3 times the wage Mueller is on so don't expect to see him back in Scotland until his contract there expires

Another one you might remember is the american player Jon Gallagher, who Aberdeen had on loan. He is only on $81,000 dollars a year. He did okay at Aberdeen but ultimately wasn't good enough.

Two players who were on loan at Hibs in recent years and did not impress are also playing in the MLS:
Emerson Hyndman who is on a mouth watering $800k a season and Ryan Gauld who is on a mind blowing $2 million a season

As Capital Green says we need to manage our expectations of Chris Mueller and give him time to adapt.
From what I have seen of him he is a talented, fit and enthusiastic grafter who will give of his best to try to make it at Hibs.

I wouldn’t say hibs have oversold him, more the fans / media at the time of his signing. The rest of your post is pretty interesting though.

CapitalGreen
27-11-2021, 06:57 AM

I’m not sure Hibs have oversold the guy, he’s an exciting signing but some fans have let their imaginations run wild.

I’d also be wary of comparing to the salaries of different MLS players, it’s not a normal market for wages like in Europe. The player designation system and salary cap can make comparing the salaries of home grown players who have came through the college system and players recruited from abroad akin to comparing apples and pears.

If you want to read about it further the following article explains it well with an example of a player in similar situation to Mueller finds himself -https://medium.com/whatahowler/mls-and-american-soccer-are-paying-the-price-for-not-retaining-domestic-talents-5679f3f8ed75

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2021, 07:29 AM
Having watched him a few times on tv, he's a hard working player who's decent at what he does in that league.

Most times i've seen him he's hardly finished a game, and not really impacted the game much.

Comparing standards is difficult, and of course we all want him to come and be a superstar. I think a few folk will be disapointed, but if he can come in and make us better that will do me.

18Craig75
27-11-2021, 08:08 AM
I was told 8k per week and Boyle was bumped upto 10k, or maybe the other way round. No mention of third parties. Seems a lot to me but what do I know, apparently also the reason Nisbet hasn’t been looking too enthusiastic of late.

Heisenberg
27-11-2021, 08:11 AM
I was told 8k per week and Boyle was bumped upto 10k, or maybe the other way round. No mention of third parties. Seems a lot to me but what do I know, apparently also the reason Nisbet hasn’t been looking too enthusiastic of late.

Sure there were talks of a new deal for Nisbet but assume they haven’t gone too well considering it was months ago. I’d be astonished if we were paying anyone that to be fair, seems high to me as well.

Since90+2
27-11-2021, 08:13 AM
I'd be amazed if Boyle is on 10k. I would imagine it's probably closer to half that.

Since452
27-11-2021, 08:14 AM
I'd be amazed if Boyle is on 10k. I would imagine it's probably closer to half that.

So would i. That is Mad Vlad category.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2021, 08:15 AM

I was completely bemused too. Not so much now I've read more of the thread.

Tambo
27-11-2021, 08:20 AM
No wonder Boyle is so happy at Hibs on 10k a week.

Could he fit into a 3-5-2? I wonder if Jack will go for a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 if Mueller can produce at least 50% of what Boyle can on the left.

We have been crying out for a decent left sided player for a while with Barker showing glimpses now and again and with Murphy being hot and cold or mostly injured.

easty
27-11-2021, 08:20 AM

Nah

Ronniekirk
27-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Heard the same rumour too. Heard he will be highest earner at Hibs

Just can’t see that being true it would be the last thing the squad needs in terms of morale
Boyle has earned the right to be the highest paid player by his contributions on the pitch . This guy is being brought over in the hope he can do well ,and move into a bigger club ,and it gives us a foothold in that market ,which Ron Gordon seems keen to be involved in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumble de Thump
27-11-2021, 08:34 AM
I was told that player salaries are confidential. That could be complete nonsense mind you so don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on what I heard.

Allant1981
27-11-2021, 09:01 AM
I was told that player salaries are confidential. That could be complete nonsense mind you so don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on what I heard.

People always talk, players talk. A guy i know was on a grand a week when he signed for his first club and we all knew about it, this was a good few years ago so was a lot of money then

Glory Lurker
27-11-2021, 09:59 PM
He's written a book. He'll fit in just fine with us Rive Gauche Hibbies. His insta signed off with SoL yesterday. I like him.

gbhibby
27-11-2021, 11:32 PM
He be over in time to be at the cup final. Get him involved with the team and the build up. Tell him we always get to cup finals and semi finals. Says a lot for him to leave the warm climate of Florida to come to Edinburgh in the winter. He will probably still go onto the pitch wearing less than Kamberi.

CapitalGreen
28-11-2021, 07:36 AM
He be over in time to be at the cup final. Get him involved with the team and the build up. Tell him we always get to cup finals and semi finals. Says a lot for him to leave the warm climate of Florida to come to Edinburgh in the winter. He will probably still go onto the pitch wearing less than Kamberi.

He’s from Chicago and spent 3 years at college in Wisconsin so he’s likely experienced more extreme winter conditions than he’ll face over here.

Heisenberg
28-11-2021, 07:51 AM
He's written a book. He'll fit in just fine with us Rive Gauche Hibbies. His insta signed off with SoL yesterday. I like him.

He’s definitely going to bring something different on that side of it. Loves an inspirational social media post or two. Not sure how they’ll go down when we’ve lost 1-0 away to Dundee and the likes right enough 😂

gbhibby
28-11-2021, 09:59 AM
He’s from Chicago and spent 3 years at college in Wisconsin so he’s likely experienced more extreme winter conditions than he’ll face over here.
You know what it like when people move down south and become soft southerners. Seriously was not aware of that so will be at home here.

Vault Boy
28-11-2021, 10:11 AM
He’s definitely going to bring something different on that side of it. Loves an inspirational social media post or two. Not sure how they’ll go down when we’ve lost 1-0 away to Dundee and the likes right enough 😂

A dressing room full of boys from Leith, Kirkcaldy, and Bellshill will give him plenty enough stick before it even reaches the Twitter masses. :greengrin

matty_f
28-11-2021, 10:28 AM
Nah

You’d be surprised.

CMurdoch
28-11-2021, 01:46 PM
You’d be surprised.

We were desperate to keep Boyle but no way are we giving him £10k a week like the poster suggested.
Although we may have had to bump it up to remove the much talked about buy out clause.
Would still be amazed if he was on more than £6k a week.
As for Mueller based on his £1800/week wage in the MLS you could see him on £3500 at Hibs. In effect doubling his wage.

allmodcons
28-11-2021, 04:22 PM
We were desperate to keep Boyle but no way are we giving him £10k a week like the poster suggested.
Although we may have had to bump it up to remove the much talked about buy out clause.
Would still be amazed if he was on more than £6k a week.
As for Mueller based on his £1800/week wage in the MLS you could see him on £3500 at Hibs. In effect doubling his wage.

I think this is fairly close to the mark.

Would be surprised if Hibs are paying anybody more than 5k a week though.

£260k per annum is good money for a good player.

I still find it hard to believe that numerous EPL players are on 100k upwards per week. A debate for another day, but sickens me to be honest.

29-11-2021, 08:51 AM
No way Boyle is on £10k a week. I don't believe that.

That would blow the wage to turnover ratio out the water.

overdrive
29-11-2021, 01:30 PM
A dressing room full of boys from Leith, Kirkcaldy, and Bellshill will give him plenty enough stick before it even reaches the Twitter masses. :greengrin

Having followed him on Insta since he signed, I think it is safe to say he's in for a bit of a culture shock in terms of how your average player in the UK thinks/acts and their interests :greengrin

29-11-2021, 01:45 PM
Having followed him on Insta since he signed, I think it is safe to say he's in for a bit of a culture shock in terms of how your average player in the UK thinks/acts and their interests :greengrin

We are a football club in Edinburgh, the second most attractive city to live in the UK after London. There shouldn't be any culture shocks for an American player coming to Edinburgh TBH. Edinburgh is a very cosmopolitan city.

It does make you wonder why we don't attract more high quality foreign players as we are an Edinburgh club.

worcesterhibby
29-11-2021, 01:45 PM

His insta reads as though he spends his entire time memorizing the crap they used to print on "Motivational" work posters in the 1980's :greengrin

Tommy75
30-11-2021, 09:51 PM
We are a football club in Edinburgh, the second most attractive city to live in the UK after London. There shouldn't be any culture shocks for an American player coming to Edinburgh TBH. Edinburgh is a very cosmopolitan city.

It does make you wonder why we don't attract more high quality foreign players as we are an Edinburgh club.

Because players will go where the money is.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2021, 03:27 AM
His insta reads as though he spends his entire time memorizing the crap they used to print on "Motivational" work posters in the 1980's :greengrin

positivity, enthusiasm, athleticism and will to win mentality is what I expect from a US player. Who knows might even rub off?

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2021, 04:32 AM
I think this is fairly close to the mark.

Would be surprised if Hibs are paying anybody more than 5k a week though.

£260k per annum is good money for a good player.

I still find it hard to believe that numerous EPL players are on 100k upwards per week. A debate for another day, but sickens me to be honest.

Because clubs have turnovers in the hundreds of millions. Clubs making hundreds of millions and paying players 10k a week would be wrong IMO.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2021, 07:58 AM

It doesn't really ��

18Craig75
01-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Nah

🤷🏼*♂️ .net knows best.

147lothian
02-12-2021, 12:18 PM

Your right they are confidential, but I'm sure that players who train with each other day in day out will tell each other what they are on, and it will come out one way or another, btw I don't think Boyle will be on anything like 10k, but it would be good to hear from someone with a bit inside knowledge what the players are on.

Rumble de Thump
02-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Your right they are confidential, but I'm sure that players who train with each other day in day out will tell each other what they are on, and it will come out one way or another, btw I don't think Boyle will be on anything like 10k, but it would be good to hear from someone with a bit inside knowledge what the players are on.

I'm sure that players, or anyone for that matter, are very unlikely to tell others what their salaries are. It's much more likely that football fans make stuff up and spread it as though it's a fact. That's very common.

Onceinawhile
02-12-2021, 01:43 PM
That's the money badger in the UK.

The 90+2
02-12-2021, 02:24 PM
We need a spark. Pronto

Northernhibee
02-12-2021, 03:51 PM
I look forward to the first time he wins us a corner so I can make a "Mueller Corner" joke.

Edinburgh Green
02-12-2021, 03:56 PM
I look forward to the first time he wins us a corner so I can make a "Mueller Corner" joke.

Can't wait!

Northernhibee
02-12-2021, 03:57 PM
Can't wait!

"Can't believe Doidge has been subbed off, that leaves Mueller Light up front"

Already the best signing in years. Keep it up Hibs.

Malthibby
02-12-2021, 04:29 PM

You were right, you couldn't....:not worth

gbhibby
02-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Is Brian Rice his agent?

gbhibby
02-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Scores a hat trick so other team have been muellered is the headline.

Eyrie
02-12-2021, 07:26 PM
I see a wiseman has started to milk the puns.

gbhibby
02-12-2021, 07:57 PM
Could get them a a sponsor for the club he would probably be the first player with his name on the front and back of his shirt. Could be a tricky one if he is getting booked.

HoboHarry
02-12-2021, 08:09 PM
I see a wiseman has started to milk the puns.

We'll your pun turned everything sour....

147lothian
03-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Is Brian Rice his agent?

I heard a guy suggest Rice is Muller's agent and just thought 'how dairy'.

Jim44
03-12-2021, 03:26 PM
The same old puns are getting churned out. It doesn’t float my boat.

cameronw-hfc
03-12-2021, 04:55 PM
Anyone know how long his deal is? Really hope it's not posted anywhere because it's just until the end of the season.

sleeping giant
03-12-2021, 05:01 PM
He looks absolutley delighted to be here.
Thats a good start .
Looking forward to seeing him.

Sweet Left Peg
03-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Chrissy Mueller's days off seem more like a case of "One man's struggle to take it easy..."

Tambo
03-12-2021, 06:23 PM
1️⃣4️⃣

Hibbyradge
03-12-2021, 06:29 PM

No need to worry. I heard that he scores a lot from outside the Aria.

Greencore
03-12-2021, 06:31 PM
How longs his deal?

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2021, 06:32 PM
How longs his deal?

2 shakes of a cow's tail.

Hibbyradge
03-12-2021, 06:43 PM
How longs his deal?

I'm not sure he's signed an actual deal yet, maybe just a precontract. :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2021, 07:00 PM
https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/263445751_4464470663651960_9221462578389219274_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xd3ksxNriBoAX81VLsB&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.fna&oh=20d85b2403027c0585f117f4e5ce1891&oe=61AE7311

cameronw-hfc
03-12-2021, 07:37 PM

I'm sure for a pre-contract you sign the deal, but it doesn't become active until your current one is up.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-12-2021, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to seeing this guy play. Come off the bench to score the winner in the Derby, what a debut that would be. 👍

03-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Welcome to Hibs & Edinburgh Chris.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/chris-muellers-hibs-squad-number-22362404

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2021, 09:26 PM

Same thing. A pre-contract is a contract that starts on a set date. He'll have agreed everything before he signed.

Hibbyradge
03-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Same thing. A pre-contract is a contract that starts on a set date. He'll have agreed everything before he signed.

Ok, although I thought a player could get out of a pre-contract

I wonder why we don't know how long he's here for.

Unseen work
04-12-2021, 06:27 AM
I imagine we never announced the length of the deal in the summer as we were hoping we would get him then instead of January - therefore changing the length of deal.

There’s no way it will be 6 months/ 1 year. I’d imagine 3 years or so, we seem good at getting long contracts now.

1875Sean
04-12-2021, 10:22 AM
Didn’t notice until yesterday that this boy has his own book stating on the site BULD UNSHAKABLE CONFIDENCE, he must have a lot of self belief.

Unfortunately it’s sold out on Amazon, does get a lot of good reviews tho, I wonder what volume 2 will be about?

https://bethebest-btb.com/bet-on-yourself

Hibbyradge
04-12-2021, 10:28 AM
Didn’t notice until yesterday that this boy has his own book stating on the site BULD UNSHAKABLE CONFIDENCE, he must have a lot of self belief.

Unfortunately it’s sold out on Amazon, does get a lot of good reviews tho, I wonder what volume 2 will be about?

https://bethebest-btb.com/bet-on-yourself

Someone better tell him that it's against the rules to bet on yourself in the UK!

big gogs
04-12-2021, 11:14 AM
It’s none of your business,do you discuss your income in public.

Magpie
04-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Was nice to see him at the game today and I enjoyed his comment about beating Hearts. Hopefully he turns out to be a real coup.

California-Hibs
04-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Was nice to see him at the game today and I enjoyed his comment about beating Hearts. Hopefully he turns out to be a real coup.

Was he on the video screen at half time in a pre recorded message or was he on the pitch with a mic? Really looking forward to seeing him play in January

Magpie
04-12-2021, 05:57 PM
Was he on the video screen at half time in a pre recorded message or was he on the pitch with a mic? Really looking forward to seeing him play in January

Was out on the pitch talking to Barrie.