PDA

View Full Version : Murphy...

Blurhibee
23-11-2021, 04:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows why Murphy wasn’t in the squad on Sunday?

Billy Whizz
23-11-2021, 04:28 PM

Good question. He was on the park at the end

Blurhibee
23-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Good question. He was on the park at the end

Yeah I seen that, hope it’s not another hamstring injury

Billy Whizz
23-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Yeah I seen that, hope it’s not another hamstring injury

Think there’s a Jack Ross pre County match interview up, wonder if he’s mentioned on this

green day
23-11-2021, 04:41 PM

I had heard last week that he got injured in the bounce match v Dundee but cant confirm that.

Did seem to make sense based on his absence on Sunday.

J-C
23-11-2021, 05:07 PM
I had heard last week that he got injured in the bounce match v Dundee but cant confirm that.

Did seem to make sense based on his absence on Sunday.

On his day a really good player but gets injured just kicking a ball it seems, surely the bounce game was perfect for getting match sharpness and not to get re injured. He'll be one of the top earners too so will be surprised if he doesn't leave when his contract is up.

Jim44
23-11-2021, 05:24 PM
On his day a really good player but gets injured just kicking a ball it seems, surely the bounce game was perfect for getting match sharpness and not to get re injured. He'll be one of the top earners too so will be surprised if he doesn't leave when his contract is up.

Potentially a very good player for us but I’ve heard rumours that he doesn’t show up well in training and is not a good team player. I repeat, rumours, but time will tell.

Smartie
23-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Potentially a very good player for us but I’ve heard rumours that he doesn’t show up well in training and is not a good team player. I repeat, rumours, but time will tell.

As good a player as he can be, the team looked much better without him in it...

In order to accommodate him, we often seem to have to play in a way that disadvantages too many of our other players. Hanlon - better on the left of a 3. Doig - better at WB. Nisbet - how much better did he look in a 2?

Frazerbob
23-11-2021, 06:17 PM
Great player, if only he has some composure in front of goal.

Northernhibee
23-11-2021, 06:19 PM
The new Tim Clancy.

BoomtownHibees
23-11-2021, 06:22 PM

And someone else’s body

jeffers
23-11-2021, 06:28 PM
I’d be disappointed if we offer him a new deal. Ultimately he flatters to deceive and is injured too often.

gbhibby
23-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Notice Wood was missing as well.

Gmack7
23-11-2021, 06:35 PM

Surely he'll be gone in January, I had high hopes but he's not going to get much if any game time, no benefit to boro or us

CMurdoch
23-11-2021, 07:30 PM

Obviously chose Daz for his experience to be the centre half bencher

nlandsafchibee
23-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Think there’s a Jack Ross pre County match interview up, wonder if he’s mentioned on this

It is stated on Hibs website review of Ross C game that Murphy is injured .

CMurdoch
23-11-2021, 07:38 PM
It is stated on Hibs website review of Ross C game that Murphy is injured .

Apparently he has a sprained eye lash. Out for 10 days.

davidbee1875
23-11-2021, 10:32 PM
Knee injury (as per Jack Ross interview)

SMAXXA
23-11-2021, 10:59 PM

Back to Boro in January officially if not before unofficially

JimBHibees
24-11-2021, 06:02 AM

Thought he would have been on the pitch with the other players not all who were subs.

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Worried about Murphy and Magennis. Two top players, very important to us. Appear to be out ling term

Heisenberg
24-11-2021, 08:31 AM
Murphy has shown flashes of what he can do but he’s been massively disappointing otherwise. Always injured and when he does play his end product is lacking the majority of the time.

Nathan Wood has been a dreadful signing. Still relying on 34 year old Darren McGregor to fill in says it all.

jacomo
24-11-2021, 09:26 AM
I assumed it was down to the change of shape. I think Murphy can play more centrally or off the centre forward but Jack went with different personnel and tbf got it spot on.

Northernhibee
24-11-2021, 09:38 AM
Nathan Wood has been the strangest signing - excellent pedigree in his career so far but not gotten a sniff at it.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2021, 09:52 AM
Nathan Wood has been the strangest signing - excellent pedigree in his career so far but not gotten a sniff at it.

Someone will probably correct me on this, but I can’t remember getting a young player up on loan from England who’s come in and been decent recently. Loads of them who are youth internationals or whatever but different thing when they need to come up and play real football. Even at the point he signed you’re looking at it wondering what the point was because he was never going to play unless there was an injury or suspension.

J-C
24-11-2021, 10:29 AM
I assumed it was down to the change of shape. I think Murphy can play more centrally or off the centre forward but Jack went with different personnel and tbf got it spot on.

He's injured, during the bounce game.

Highwayman
24-11-2021, 11:04 AM

In the recent European Championships I saw what I considered to be great players.Jamie Murphy does not come anywhere close to these players.

I’ve never understood why Hibs agreed to a deal whereby at the end of a loan period a player who had suffered a serious ACL injury was guaranteed a year long contract.

When we do get the chance to see him there is no doubt that Murphy has good qualities.But he is of no use to Hibs if every time the wind blows the wrong way he goes out injured.

My concern is that Kyle Maggenis may turn out to be another treatment table jockey.

As far as Nathan Woods is concerned if Daz get the shout before him tonight in Dingwall,Woods might as well pack up and head south now.

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Murphy has shown flashes of what he can do but he’s been massively disappointing otherwise. Always injured and when he does play his end product is lacking the majority of the time.

Nathan Wood has been a dreadful signing. Still relying on 34 year old Darren McGregor to fill in says it all.

Try 36 year old

Hibernian Verse
24-11-2021, 11:16 AM
In the recent European Championships I saw what I considered to be great players.Jamie Murphy does not come anywhere close to these players.

What a strange standard to hold him to. Are the rest of our team ***** as well then? In fact the whole league is *****.

Since452
24-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Jack Ross saying he has a knee knock which kept him out the semi and will keep him out tonight.

Highwayman
24-11-2021, 12:54 PM
What a strange standard to hold him to. Are the rest of our team ***** as well then? In fact the whole league is *****.
As with a lot of posters on .net,not only have you got the wrong end of the stick,you’ve got the wrong stick.

At no point in my post did I imply that I thought Hibs players and all the other players in the league were *****.Hibs and some other teams have very good players.But great not in my book.

My definition of a great player is someone who is recognised as such on the European and World stage.

IMO,there is none in Scotland at present.

Spike Mandela
24-11-2021, 03:00 PM
Not done it for me at Hibs. Needs to be released imo.

CMurdoch
24-11-2021, 03:22 PM
Jack Ross saying he has a knee nock which kept him out the semi and will keep him out tonight.

A knee knock sounds like bruising etc and makes a change from his hamstring injuries
Hopefully it is nothing more than that and certainly not related to the cruciate injury that saw him out for 11 months a couple of seasons ago.

SMAXXA
25-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Back to Boro in January officially if not before unofficially

😉

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 10:15 AM
😉

Do you know if Wood was a toys out the pram job? Timing is strange.

Nicho87
25-11-2021, 10:36 AM
I’d punt never fit and when he is he’s crocked the next run of matches after. Thanks but move him on. No time for sentiment.

JimBHibees
25-11-2021, 10:40 AM
Really like Murphy as a player gives a good level of quality on the other side to Boyle however there is no getting away from his constant injuries. Can't imagine we would consider that a risk worth taking to extend

CMurdoch
25-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Really like Murphy as a player gives a good level of quality on the other side to Boyle however there is no getting away from his constant injuries. Can't imagine we would consider that a risk worth taking to extend

I agree with all of that Jim.
The latest injury has reluctantly tipped me into the no renewal camp.

wookie70
27-11-2021, 08:34 PM
I am usually very critical of Jamie's workload and a little less critical of his final product. Not today though. While Scott Allan is rightly getting plaudits for his part in the goals I think Murphy deserves at least as big a pat on the back. The part he plays in the winning goal is fantastic. He wins the ball deep in the Hibs half and sprints to continue to attack before ending up on the edge of the six yard box for a cool finish. The goal was absolutely top drawer with a number of Hibs players showing the urgency we lack at times and it all started with Murphy. His overall energy levels were brilliant and he played with much more purpose off the ball than he normally does despite us having much of the ball. He got a goal and assist and could have scored at least one more in a great appearance from the bench.

B.H.F.C
27-11-2021, 08:41 PM
I am usually very critical of Jamie's workload and a little less critical of his final product. Not today though. While Scott Allan is rightly getting plaudits for his part in the goals I think Murphy deserves at least as big a pat on the back. The part he plays in the winning goal is fantastic. He wins the ball deep in the Hibs half and sprints to continue to attack before ending up on the edge of the six yard box for a cool finish. The goal was absolutely top drawer with a number of Hibs players showing the urgency we lack at times and it all started with Murphy. His overall energy levels were brilliant and he played with much more purpose off the ball than he normally does despite us having much of the ball. He got a goal and assist and could have scored at least one more in a great appearance from the bench.

Goal and assist, can’t complain.

I’ve actually been more critical of what he’s done (or not done) on the pitch than the games he’s missed because he can’t really do anything about that.

Need more of that. If I’m being critical, he actually missed two really good chances prior to scoring.

Gloucester Hibs
27-11-2021, 08:42 PM
Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night 🤞🏻

bigwheel
27-11-2021, 08:48 PM
Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night [emoji1695]

What a flick from Nisbet to set that up - and the keepers save was outstanding . Murphy must have thought he’d scored when he connected with that . Great play .

Brunswickbill
27-11-2021, 08:49 PM
I like Murphy but I’ve felt that he just can’t buy a goal. Maybe today’s goal will get him on to a scoring streak. Let’s hope so.

Iggy Pope
27-11-2021, 08:49 PM
What a flick from Nisbet to set that up - and the keepers save was outstanding . Murphy must have thought he’d scored when he connected with that . Great play .

Not a great admirer of that big galoot of a keeper but it was a very good, instinctive save.

wookie70
27-11-2021, 08:58 PM
Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night 🤞🏻

I wasn't sure who hit that at the game but watched it back now. We played some brilliant football in the second half and pity that never went in as it was superb play all round

kaimendhibs
28-11-2021, 01:18 AM
Jamie goes past players like they arent there. On both sides. Mibbe not the very best of finishers, but Christ, he is a joy to watch at times.

Crunchie
28-11-2021, 03:50 AM
Jamie goes past players like they arent there. On both sides. Mibbe not the very best of finishers, but Christ, he is a joy to watch at times.
:agree: He reminds me of one Michael O'Neill the way he glides past players.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 07:39 AM

Yes really like him as a player and good he had such a brilliant impact from the bench was exactly what the team have been screaming out for. Had a good hand in the equaliser and right place to score the winner. On another day he scores a hat trick himself. The quality of his impact highlights more than ever the frustration he has been so stop start during his Hibs career. Hopefully we stays fit up to the break in Jan.

worcesterhibby
28-11-2021, 07:45 AM
Lovely to see him playing forward thinking, creative football yesterday..I’m sure he’s more frustrated by the injuries than anyone.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Lovely to see him playing forward thinking, creative football yesterday..I’m sure he’s more frustrated by the injuries than anyone.

No doubt about that such a dangerous player for us when in that form.

J-C
28-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Good 20 odd minutes by Murphy, may not be a regular starter any more but contributions like that will go a long way to helping us succeed. Same goes for Allan too.

Allant1981
28-11-2021, 08:31 AM
When fit he is a game changer for us, keeping him fit seems to be the issue but no doubting he is a cracking player, for someone not relatively quick he beats players with ease

bigwheel
28-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Good 20 odd minutes by Murphy, may not be a regular starter any more but contributions like that will go a long way to helping us succeed. Same goes for Allan too.

When he’s fully fit , I reckon he will be back starting

J-C
28-11-2021, 08:37 AM
When he’s fully fit , I reckon he will be back starting

Problem is keeping him fit, a fit squad always brings selection headaches for the manager but that's a good thing, I want all the players to be pushing for a starting spot, that means they're all champing at the bit to play.

PolmontHibby
28-11-2021, 08:39 AM
We have three players in our team who have ability that makes them so entertaining to watch - Murphy, Allan and Boyle.

Such a shame that injury/health issues seem to have impacted 2 of the 3.

JimBHibees
28-11-2021, 08:41 AM

Absolutely