PDA

View Full Version : 12 Games in 41 days

Radium
22-11-2021, 11:22 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211122/6ddee1c792d909e70142ca3595684a3f.png

So the team at the SPFL have spoken.

I get the need to add the games in but this feels a bit punitive and ignores any true thought around players welfare. There should be a game rearranged in the middle to allow a proper break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211122/6ddee1c792d909e70142ca3595684a3f.png

So the team at the SPFL have spoken.

I get the need to add the games in but this feels a bit punitive and ignores any true thought around players welfare. There should be a game rearranged in the middle to allow a proper break

And then we get a 3 week break in January. Utter pointless.

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
It’s actually 13 games in 43 days, counting yesterday.

Heisenberg
22-11-2021, 11:28 AM
Had two go off injured yesterday. Will only get worse.

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2021, 11:30 AM
i think Christian Doidge suggested JR either may,or will, ask the authorities for a break at least before the final

even then having to play a tough game just a couple of days after a final is just not right

green day
22-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Its tough at the top etc.

All teams have a heavy schedule at this time of year, Livi have 7 games in December.

Hopefully we get Doidge up and running properly, maybe one or two others back etc.

We wont be doing much outside of playing and resting !

Springbank
22-11-2021, 11:38 AM
The good news is Celtic have the same number of games (in fact their midweeker before the final is a night time kick off in Dingwall v County, while we've got 24 hours extra rest and it's a home game for us the game before the final).
Celtic's games are all pressured too, so, all I'm saying is, it's far from ideal, but at least our final opponents are in the same boat.

wookie70
22-11-2021, 11:47 AM
The good news is Celtic have the same number of games (in fact their midweeker before the final is a night time kick off in Dingwall v County, while we've got 24 hours extra rest and it's a home game for us the game before the final).
Celtic's games are all pressured too, so, all I'm saying is, it's far from ideal, but at least our final opponents are in the same boat.

Fair point but they have a far bigger squad

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2021, 11:50 AM

not really, they have a far bigger squad than ours and as far as i'm aware no one injured now, they can easily rotate

will be interesting to see what we've earned at the end of this dozen game run, two tough away games coming within the next five days

22-11-2021, 11:55 AM
It’s actually 13 games in 43 days, counting yesterday.

13 games in 44 days. That extra day could make all the difference. 😀

Diclonius
22-11-2021, 12:12 PM
Wed 24th Nov: Ross County (A)
Sat 27th Nov: St Johnstone (A)
Wed 1st Dec: Rangers (H)
Sat 4th Dec: Motherwell (H)
Wed 8th Dec: Livingston (A)
Sat 11th Dec: St Mirren (A)
Tue 14th Dec: Dundee (H)
Sun 19th Dec: Celtic (N)
Wed 22nd Dec: Aberdeen (H)
Sun 26th Dec: Dundee Utd (A)
Wed 29th Dec: Celtic (A)
Sun 2nd Jan: Hearts (H)

Christ.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2021, 12:17 PM

Christ.
The Hearts game in on Monday 3rd

gbhibby
22-11-2021, 12:29 PM
It's what happens to teams who play in Europe. If we are building up momentum the players will be buzzing, sometimes players say that they prefer playing to training. The club should be asking for the games after Sunday games to be moved to Thursdays. Thought our bench yesterday looked strong especially considering the quality of players who did not make the bench.

22-11-2021, 12:35 PM
It's what happens to teams who play in Europe. If we are building up momentum the players will be buzzing, sometimes players say that they prefer playing to training. The club should be asking for the games after Sunday games to be moved to Thursdays. Thought our bench yesterday looked strong especially considering the quality of players who did not make the bench.

But we've got a match every weekend and every midweek so it is going to be 3 or 4 days from one to the next no matter what. If they were to do what you're suggesting then all the Saturday games would have to be moved to Sundays otherwise we'd end up with matches 2 days after Thursday games.

hibsbollah
22-11-2021, 12:41 PM

Christ.

9 games just in December. That’s crazy.

CMurdoch
22-11-2021, 12:43 PM
We have the 18 outfield players from yesterday's squad plus:
Wood, Murphy, Hallberg and Mackie.
Mackay due to start training so should be back.
Magennis looks like being out for all 12 games.
It's going to be all hands to the pump.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2021, 12:44 PM
We have the 18 outfield players from yesterday's squad plus:
Wood, Murphy, Hallberg and Mackie.
Mackay due to start training so should be back.
Magennis looks like being out for all 12 games.
It's going to be all hands to the pump.

We should be getting some of the under 18’s into the squad, for some of the games too

22-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Wonder if David Gray is still registered as a player, we might need him.

CMurdoch
22-11-2021, 12:57 PM
We should be getting some of the under 18’s into the squad, for some of the games too

Could play them all in the league games against Rangers 1st Dec and Celtic 29th Dec, leaving the 1st team to win the other league games and the Cup Final
Alternatively, heavy duty weather resulting in a postponement.

Being serious, who from the U18's is up to playing for the first team?

Billy Whizz
22-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Could play them all in the league games against Rangers 1st Dec and Celtic 29th Dec, leaving the 1st team to win the other league games and the Cup Final
Alternatively, heavy duty weather resulting in a postponement.

Being serious, who from the U18's is up to playing for the first team?

We’re not talking about them playing for 90 mins, but I’m sure a few of them could easily manage 15 or so

Ronniekirk
22-11-2021, 01:11 PM
i think Christian Doidge suggested JR either may,or will, ask the authorities for a break at least before the final

even then having to play a tough game just a couple of days after a final is just not right

He can ask but will we get it ?

Ronniekirk
22-11-2021, 01:12 PM

Weather might scupper the Dingwall trip

GreenCastle
22-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Wonder if David Gray is still registered as a player, we might need him.

Gareth Evans too? ;)

Danderhall Hibs
22-11-2021, 01:25 PM
Ridiculous scheduling. Maybe they need to move the League Cup semi and final back to Feb/March again (in future seasons).

Billy Whizz
22-11-2021, 01:27 PM
Weather might scupper the Dingwall trip

Weather ok for Wednesday

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Weather ok for Wednesday

think ronnie means sellick play in Dingwall just before the final, more chance of snow= chance game postponed giving them a rest

Ronniekirk
22-11-2021, 01:36 PM
think ronnie means sellick play in Dingwall just before the final, more chance of snow= chance game postponed giving them a rest

Correct

Ronniekirk
22-11-2021, 01:37 PM
Weather ok for Wednesday

Sorry meant Celtic trip up there

B.H.F.C
22-11-2021, 02:55 PM
Going to need to use the squad we have as much as possible.

We’re no good enough to make multiple changes each game but a few more three goal leads to get the likes of Boyle off and rested now and again would be handy.

Spike Mandela
22-11-2021, 03:39 PM

Christ.

Wish Alloa had knocked us out the cup early to give us some respite:wink:

Tough schedule for the players and also the fans’ pockets but relishing all the games myself. Better than the stop/start nature of the league with all the international breaks and covid carry on recently.

Actually on that note, how will the testing protocols fit into that tight schedule? Will there have to be increased testing?

JimBHibees
22-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Fair point but they have a far bigger squad

Yep a much bigger squad is a huge advantage. Nonsense the Aberdeen game is added to an already exhausting schedule. Why not play in Feb or March?

greenlex
22-11-2021, 05:16 PM
Yep a much bigger squad is a huge advantage. Nonsense the Aberdeen game is added to an already exhausting schedule. Why not play in Feb or March?
My guess is the January window could potentially give teams (and I include Aberdeen in that) an unfair advantage over other clubs not able to bolster squads over the same number of games so want it played before the window opens.

Carheenlea
22-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Anyone not at all 12 doesn’t deserve a Cup Final ticket.