PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Fans Today

Pretty Boy
21-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Absolutely immense. Never shut up for 90+ minutes, rallied round the team from 1st to last.

The team deserve 100% of the plaudits for doing the job on the park but those of us in the stands did what fans do.

I'm absolutely sincere when I say I'm delighted there will be more than double the number there for the final.

Franck Stanton
21-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Wasn't there, listened on radio & must say,that those who were there sounded magnificent in the support they have the team. Well done boys & girls

weecounty hibby
21-11-2021, 06:07 PM
I have lost my voice, genuinely can't speak. Non stop support from all of us there today. Outstanding. Wish we could bottle that for run of the mill league games at ER. Absolutely fantastic from each and every Hibby there today, from players and coaching staff to all the fans. So so proud. 10000 once again outsung the Orc hordes

Vault Boy
21-11-2021, 06:07 PM
Unreal noise and backing from the support that went through tonight, so glad they got a just reward. Huge, huge props to each and every one.

Lago
21-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Absolutely immense. Never shut up for 90+ minutes, rallied round the team from 1st to last.

The team deserve 100% of the plaudits for doing the job on the park but those of us in the stands did what fans do.

I'm absolutely sincere when I say I'm delighted there will be more than double the number there for the final.
They sounded fantastic on the TV, what noise, what a support, well done all of you. 👍

matty_f
21-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Heavily outnumbered but every Hibee made the noise of four zombies. The supoort was brilliant.

Shrekko
21-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Just goes to prove you don’t actually need to wait on the team doing something you like before cheering - if you back them from minute 1 amazing things can happen.

Fans were absolutely brilliant today.. Liked when the players came down to the corner flag after the warm up to give us a clap and clenched fists etc - got everyone going.

Mikey_1875
21-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Brilliant and I think the scenes at full time will go some way to getting the connection between players and fans. Was great seeing such emotion from them at the end.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-11-2021, 06:17 PM
The team shut the Huns fans up after the 1st goal then the Hibees fans owned Hampden.

DaveF
21-11-2021, 06:19 PM
Good turnout and great support. Not felt that good at hampden since.... well, you know when 😃

Since452
21-11-2021, 06:19 PM
That's why you don't miss semi finals

USAHibee
21-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Fantastic, watched the game from afar! What a performance!

wallpaperman
21-11-2021, 06:42 PM
Sounded like great support on the TV, well done each and every one of you there.

Keith_M
21-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Even my Missus joined in the singing.

:greengrin

DH1875
21-11-2021, 06:48 PM
Brilliant effort by everyone

EI255
21-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Tremendous you boys in green.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

HH81
21-11-2021, 07:37 PM
I have lost my voice.

Week off work so don't need it anyway 😁

Benny Brazil
21-11-2021, 07:42 PM
Voice went after the 3rd goal - superb atmosphere - you wouldn't have known from our end that there was any Huns there

kaimendhibs
21-11-2021, 07:46 PM
Voice went after the 3rd goal - superb atmosphere - you wouldn't have known from our end that there was any Huns there

Im hoarse. Said to my pal that every Hibee there supported the team all the way, no whinging 👏👏👏

wookie70
21-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Im hoarse. Said to my pal that every Hibee there supported the team all the way, no whinging 👏👏👏

Same, here. I can hardly talk and there was something funny and Cup Final about that Hibs crowd. We were on it from the word go and the players and fans seemed to drive each other on. One of my favourite games in my 40 odd years watching Hibs

gaz1875
21-11-2021, 08:06 PM
Never stopped encouraging the team right from the off, helped immensely by the performance on the pitch. With around 15 minutes to go the volume ramped right up to drive the team on, it was fantastic to be involved.
:flag:

hibee_girl
21-11-2021, 08:07 PM
It was my favourite day at Hampden apart from the obvious 2016 final.

Our end was bouncing from the start, was great to be a part of it.

lord bunberry
21-11-2021, 08:09 PM
Brilliant atmosphere today, the huns were shut right up.

Lancs Harp
21-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Anyone see or involved in this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR2IAUDXgHY&ab_channel=Scottishjackass

Keyser Sauzee
21-11-2021, 08:12 PM
That’s the best atmosphere I can remember from us at Hampden. I was on the fence wether I could make it or not but absolutely delighted to have been there, that will be hard to beat.

whiskyhibby
21-11-2021, 08:13 PM
Good turnout and great support. Not felt that good at hampden since.... well, you know when ��

Agree, I wasn’t really sure If I could be bothered after the last few weeks, but I had my ticket and it was quite a nice day so I decided to go, so glad I did , the team and fans performance was immense, the Huns were pretty much silent after the first 10 minutes. The Boyler song at the end when the team came up to the Fans at the David Gray corner was fantastic ��

:flag::flag::flag:

Jones28
21-11-2021, 08:22 PM

The future captains of the universe obviously 🙄

Lancs Harp
21-11-2021, 08:24 PM
The future captains of the universe obviously 🙄

Hibs.net bus 1 kicking off against Hibs.net bus 2? :greengrin

Jones28
21-11-2021, 08:25 PM
Hibs.net bus 1 kicking off against Hibs.net bus 2? :greengrin

Pretty Boy taking everyone on 😂

Chuck Rhoades
21-11-2021, 08:31 PM

💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

green day
21-11-2021, 09:00 PM
I have lost my voice, genuinely can't speak. Non stop support from all of us there today. Outstanding. Wish we could bottle that for run of the mill league games at ER. Absolutely fantastic from each and every Hibby there today, from players and coaching staff to all the fans. So so proud. 10000 once again outsung the Orc hordes

Me too.

I have to say I was pretty emotionally knackered at half time - could have done with a lie down. Brilliant at the end, think we all knew when Goldsons shot went over the bar that was it.

Fans were brilliant today.

Sometimes only having "the core" of fans actually helps imv

wookie70
21-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Why was there no Sunshine on Leith. Enjoyed Boyler on fire but been an age since a proper Sunshine on Leith

Sir David Gray
21-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Why was there no Sunshine on Leith. Enjoyed Boyler on fire but been an age since a proper Sunshine on Leith

Saving it for the final.

GreenCastle
21-11-2021, 09:19 PM
Fans were amazing.

Absolute scenes when the goals went in.

Brilliant at the end also. Fair effort from Block 7 also behind the goal too with the drum.

Very funny with the waving of cheerio especially to those in south upper.

Gerrard chant was also hilarious near the end.

Doidge got a fantastic welcome back when he came on.

One of the best games for a long time and definitely brought back 2016 memories of beating the huns.

loanheadhibby
21-11-2021, 09:21 PM
It was a magnificent day. Don’t come around often enough but I’m enjoying it.

Brilliant performance across the board.

wookie70
21-11-2021, 09:21 PM
Saving it for the final. I'm greedy do it at both

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 09:29 PM
I was shattered by half time celebrating 3 goals chucking my laddie about for his first time at hampden, glad the hibs players kept the energy up in the second half. Bus going home after a result like that was quiet, will say again down to emotionally draining game
Of football 💚🇳🇬

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Me too.

I have to say I was pretty emotionally knackered at half time - could have done with a lie down. Brilliant at the end, think we all knew when Goldsons shot went over the bar that was it.

Fans were brilliant today.

Sometimes only having "the core" of fans actually helps imv

Just after my post I see this, most were in same
Boat few occasions hibs songs were sang. We done really well in second half and Rangers didn’t threaten apart from Couple
Times

AliboyFC
21-11-2021, 09:35 PM
Class atmosphere lost my voice. Some old hun threw up a ****** gesture at me when a was Passing the coach 😂 what a knobhead wouldn't do that to anyone his own age 🤣. There was some sound rangers fans we saw even thought it's a rarity haha. :flag::flag:
We outsung them the whole match. Wheres your famous atmosphere ????

Glory Lurker
21-11-2021, 09:42 PM
Scenes at each Boyler goal. 95 minute backing, but voice gone after 20. The bitter sweet nerves of a two goal lead. Doing the Hibee bounce. Saying cheerio to the thousands of sevcovians who scarpered before FT. Celebrations at the whistle and when the players came over. A magic evening.

scoopyboy
21-11-2021, 09:42 PM
Brilliant from the Hibs fans today.

Reminded me so much of the 2004 semi final when we were outnumbered but gave great backing.

This is how Hibs supports should be, getting behind the players and being positive, the players feed off it.

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2021, 09:48 PM
Woke up on the bus home, to discover that my voice had gone :greengrin

A brilliant performance from the team and fans ... have to feel sorry for the thousands who couldn't make it today for absolutely sound reasons, such a shame that so many weren't able to be there, hopefully they can make it to the final.

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 09:51 PM

Reminded me so much of the 2004 semi final when we were outnumbered but gave great backing.

This is how Hibs supports should be, getting behind the players and being positive, the players feed off it.

There wasn’t many of us there that night but bit more
Today makes it even sweeter

JXM73
21-11-2021, 09:51 PM
Boyle on fire....

https://youtu.be/3YP7wKIZVqI

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 09:53 PM
Woke up on the bus home, to discover that my voice had gone :greengrin

A brilliant performance from the team and fans ... have to feel sorry for the thousands who couldn't make it today for absolutely sound reasons, such a shame that so many weren't able to be there, hopefully they can make it to the final.

Bumped into lad I know at who wasn’t vaccinated he’s got diabetes obv not going to game, but if I’m right in saying people with certain illnesses couldnt have the jag

S4uzee
21-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Boyle on fire....

How good is that

Scottie
21-11-2021, 10:13 PM

:agree: Just landed back into 'The big smoke' Dougray Scott on the same flight and he was buzzing. Best atmosphere since the Cup Final win in 2016 imo. Fans never stopped from first minute on absolutely amazing scenes :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-11-2021, 10:24 PM
So many similarities to the 2004 semi final. All the fans were up for it from the start and gave the team a huge boost. I hope we sell out a 50/50 split for the final, i'm sure we will, but a lot has to be said for the smaller core support when it comes to days like today.

St.Kristopher
21-11-2021, 11:36 PM
Amazing today. My 7 yr lad (first time a Hampden) loved having some of the singing section around him in section G. My wife was less impressed when they broke her seat after the second. Though fair play to her, she took the view that there was no point in sitting down anyways. This was coming from a non-football fan at the start of the season, which shows how quickly HFC gets into your veins.

Note to the half-cut boy behind playing with the bauble on her hat. If my lad weren't there, she would have sparkled you. 🤣😜

Joking as the aside lads in the back row of section G6, thanks for bringing the noise!

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 11:44 PM
Amazing today. My 7 yr lad (first time a Hampden) loved having some of the singing section around him in section G. My wife was less impressed when they broke her seat after the second. Though fair play to her, she took the view that there was no point in sitting down anyways. This was coming from a non-football fan at the start of the season, which shows how quickly HFC gets into your veins.

Note to the half-cut boy behind playing with the bauble on her hat. If my lad weren't there, she would have sparkled you. 🤣😜

Joking as the aside lads in the back row of section G6, thanks for bringing the noise!

I had my boy same age as yours at the game,, asking how i knew so many people.. was amazing seeing so many familiar faces.. he did also say don’t pick me up again if hibs score as he ended up on the steps with me on top of him

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2021, 01:24 AM
Bumped into lad I know at who wasn’t vaccinated he’s got diabetes obv not going to game, but if I’m right in saying people with certain illnesses couldnt have the jag

i'm type one and have had all three jags, AND a flu jag, type 1's absolutely should have the vaccines as we/they/he already has a weakened immune system as it is, anyway back on topic....great support from all who went

i bet Dougray Scott was singling along as well :)

Hibernia&Alba
22-11-2021, 02:02 AM
Brilliant support. I was well drunk by kick off and the the game itself is a bit of a blur :greengrin

h1bs4life
22-11-2021, 10:16 AM
The fans were brilliant what an atmosphere. In the South Stand just like the old days everybody standing up singing , taunting the Huns.
Quiet at half time because everyone was in shock , 2nd half brilliant again .
Final whistle celebration with the players Stokes on fire very quickly changed to Boyle’s on fire.
‘One Steven Gerard ‘you could feel the Huns rage.

Oscar T Grouch
22-11-2021, 10:24 AM
I’m sounding awfy croaky this morning. 😁

Jay
22-11-2021, 10:36 AM
The fans were outstanding. Id put it up there as one of the best crowds I've been in. From walking into the ground to leaving the buzz was phenomenal. My legs are covered in bruises from the celebrations :greengrin

Since452
22-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Spine tingling. Right up there with the best atmospheres i've been involved in. 10k of us felt like 50k. My throat is on fire, i've got bruises all over me from over celebrating and i'm sore in places i didn't think i could be sore. Feels like i've gone 12 rounds with Tyson Fury and i would not change a bloody thing about it. What a day. Mates, pints and a utterly magnificent performance. Never stopped singing. Cannot get the smile off my face today.

Pretty Boy
22-11-2021, 10:54 AM
The fans were outstanding. Id put it up there as one of the best crowds I've been in. From walking into the ground to leaving the buzz was phenomenal. My legs are covered in bruises from the celebrations :greengrin

That dafty in the orange trousers when we were walking to the ground got me right up for it. Hope he is suffering today.:greengrin

My voice is gone today. It just felt like one of those nights that was going to be special from very early on. Everyone was up for it entering the stadium, you could only hear the Hibs fans, their couple of lame efforts at Derry's Walls got booed and shouted down within seconds of starting and even when you could sense the nerves early in the 2nd half someone started a song or a chant and everyone joined in.

I think it will be one of those games people will reference years down the line.

JimBHibees
22-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Boyle on fire....

That is absolutely sensational. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
22-11-2021, 11:00 AM
My throat feels like I’ve been swallowing crushed glass. Usually a symptom of an unbelievable 90 minutes! I am absolutely buzzing this morning.

marinello59
22-11-2021, 11:14 AM
One of those games after which you you wake up the next morning and your first thought is ‘Did that really happen.’ :greengrin
To share that whole experience with family and friends was perfect. Like others here my throat is like sandpaper today and I’ll be finding new bruises for days to come. Football at its best, nothing else comes close.

Since452
22-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Boyle on fire....

Think its sunk in. Welling up watching that.

Keith_M
22-11-2021, 11:34 AM
One of those games after which you you wake up the next morning and your first thought is ‘Did that really happen.’ :greengrin
To share that whole experience with family and friends was perfect. Like others here my throat is like sandpaper today and I’ll be finding new bruises for days to come. Football at its best, nothing else comes close.

That's how I felt actually at the game.

Going by the bemused look on people's faces when Hibs were awarded the penalty, I wasn't the only one.

Since452
22-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Huns perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1iuHgQZUo

H18 SFR
22-11-2021, 12:19 PM
I genuinely think that yesterday was the post covid, defining moment when the fans reconnected with the club after all the interruptions and time away from the stadiums etc.

I’d love to see all the fans make a collective effort to recreate the atmosphere inside Easter Road and equally at the rest of the away games.

O'Rourke3
22-11-2021, 12:19 PM
Boyle on fire....

https://youtu.be/3YP7wKIZVqII think I spotted myself in there [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TelaStella
22-11-2021, 12:43 PM
As I’d posted on a previous thread last night: yesterday was without doubt one of the best Hibs supports I have ever had the pleasure to be apart of. The team were terrific but I have no doubts whatsoever that result wasn’t insured by the outstanding backing we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
22-11-2021, 12:50 PM
I genuinely think that yesterday was the post covid, defining moment when the fans reconnected with the club after all the interruptions and time away from the stadiums etc.

I’d love to see all the fans make a collective effort to recreate the atmosphere inside Easter Road and equally at the rest of the away games.

Agree.

It will go down as one of the very best hibs days for certain.

Iconic

brog
22-11-2021, 12:59 PM
Well done to all of you there yesterday. You really were the 12th man!!

Ronniekirk
22-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Gutted I couldn’t be there First Hampden trip I have missed in over 50 years Seen all the humiliations and poor results
But sitting in a bar full of mainly Huns being the only person to get excited when hibs scored partly made up for it
But well done to all those who made the trip and backed the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
22-11-2021, 01:23 PM
There is absolutely no doubt our support spurred the team on yesterday. The team did their bit by giving us the early goal and it was bedlam from then on in. You could see the players reaction at the end what it meant and it was reciprocated.