Tactics and execution spot on.

Huge credit to JR and the players.

sleeping giant
21-11-2021, 06:39 PM
They were outstanding.
Huge team spirit.

Unseen work
21-11-2021, 06:41 PM
From a defensive point of view that was nearly perfect.

Everyone knew their role and defended excellently.

Pressed them when the situation arose and won the ball back.

Stunned at the fitness levels displayed.

CMurdoch
21-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Just the boost we all needed from the players, management, executive and owner to us supporters.

Absolutely stunning.

Jim44
21-11-2021, 06:59 PM
Fantastic performance and result. I hope we can carry it into our next few league games where we’ve lost the plot a wee bit. That must be a great boost to our confidence.

Bobo
21-11-2021, 07:08 PM
Belief and desire from the first minute to the last was brilliant, every player gave their all and got the reward they deserved for their efforts. :top marks

Let's keep it going :flag::flag::flag:

JJP
21-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Proper team performance. More of the same on Wednesday please.

mhathorn1
21-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Wonderful performance, with outstanding chance conversion and perfectly executed defensive tactics. Loved how we pressed high when with McGregor, Goodson or Balogun in possession, but dropped deeper and made them play in front of us when they broke through that first line. Keeping Boyle and Nisbet high also prevented their CB’s offering anything from an offensive possession perspective! Love to see this tactical masterclass from Ross.

Also, has Nisbet run harder in a Hibs top?

21-11-2021, 07:14 PM
Yes, Hibs were magnificent today.

Weegreenman
21-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Hibees are on 🔥 your defence is terrified 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Coco Bryce
21-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Best Hibs performance for many a year. 95 mins of pure excellence 👏👏👏

Dmas
21-11-2021, 07:23 PM
I was cacking it all week, thought the lay off would be a problem thought them getting a new manager would raise there game, I was well wrong every man was immense, JR was bang on the money with the starting line up, tactics, in game subs outstanding hibs performance

xyz23jc
21-11-2021, 07:30 PM
I was cacking it all week, thought the lay off would be a problem thought them getting a new manager would raise there game, I was well wrong every man was immense, JR was bang on the money with the starting line up, tactics, in game subs outstanding hibs performance

This! Pleasantly and alcoholically surprised....Pure Magic from the first to wear the green..lol! :greengrin:flag::top marks:agree::thumbsup::agree:

Crunchie
21-11-2021, 07:33 PM
Every one of them

To a man, including Jack. I hope all the Jack Ross doubters have been turned.

HH81
21-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Thinking back Hibs were in total control and I was still nervous until the last kick.

What a great day.

B.H.F.C
21-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Everything was outstanding. From the game plan, to the players, to the fans.

Every one of them ran themselves in to the ground.

The Modfather
21-11-2021, 07:58 PM
Best performance under Ross by a distance IMO. I think Campbell showed just how key having someone mobile, energetic and athletic in midfield alongside JDH & Newell is. For me that third midfielder is the key to unlocking the potential in this Hibs team and when it’s someone without those qualities we are all too often much less than the sum of our parts.

Since452
21-11-2021, 09:04 PM
Carried on bossing them like we did before the red card at Ibrox. The players knew they had the beating of them. Impressive

jacomo
21-11-2021, 09:06 PM
Best performance under Ross by a distance IMO. I think Campbell showed just how key having someone mobile, energetic and athletic in midfield alongside JDH & Newell is. For me that third midfielder is the key to unlocking the potential in this Hibs team and when it’s someone without those qualities we are all too often much less than the sum of our parts.

Magennis brings that and we’ve missed him.

Absolutely delighted to see Josh Campbell get his chance though. Feels like we’ve been waiting a long time for him to show us what he can do.

Glory Lurker
21-11-2021, 09:12 PM
They were brilliant and would have beaten anyone today.

Onceinawhile
21-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Hibs are always magnificent.

Hulk1875
21-11-2021, 09:41 PM
Magennis brings that and we’ve missed him.

Absolutely delighted to see Josh Campbell get his chance though. Feels like we’ve been waiting a long time for him to show us what he can do.

Campbell was brilliant well done the young lad x

superfurryhibby
21-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Wonderful performance, with outstanding chance conversion and perfectly executed defensive tactics. Loved how we pressed high when with McGregor, Goodson or Balogun in possession, but dropped deeper and made them play in front of us when they broke through that first line. Keeping Boyle and Nisbet high also prevented their CB’s offering anything from an offensive possession perspective! Love to see this tactical masterclass from Ross.

Also, has Nisbet run harder in a Hibs top?

You don’t post often often but you’re spot on. Tactics were brilliant. Deployed the front three just as you say and denied the Hun space to dictate play from the back. They were always under pressure just receiving a pass and Nisbet worked his arse off. He wasn’t magnificent on the ball, but he gave a solid team performance and never stopped.

heretoday
22-11-2021, 06:48 AM
Can we play with such commitment every week please?

Since90+2
22-11-2021, 06:50 AM

I've heard a few people say that. In a perfect world yes but the reality is it would be near impossible to play at that level every single week. The physical toll it would take would be too much.

MWHIBBIES
22-11-2021, 07:40 AM

I don't ever question our commitment. But sometimes the quality isn't there, the opposition simply play better, or you don't get that but of luck.

Since452
22-11-2021, 09:17 AM
I think we always tend to play pretty well against Rangers. I don't think we've got what we've deserved in some of the games recently. The game at Ibrox was heading the same way as last night before the sending off. Rangers got off with it then. They didn't last night.

FilipinoHibs
22-11-2021, 09:24 AM
They were a colossus. 5 mins into the second half I knew it was won.

Northernhibee
22-11-2021, 09:33 AM
The pressing was fantastic, all over the pitch. They weren’t allowed to settle and couldn’t live with us.

Kind of like the Scotland vs Denmark game that wasn’t a fluke result. We were levels above Rangers yesterday. Took our chances, they were fortunate we had a clanger to get theirs and controlled the game throughout.

Alex Trager
22-11-2021, 11:56 AM
To a man. Outstanding performance.

Halmyre Hibee
22-11-2021, 12:31 PM
You never know what your going to get from Hibs but that performance yesterday was amazing. Hopefully start of a winning run. Congratulations to all the players & coaching team and to all the fans.

LeithMike
22-11-2021, 01:09 PM
I definitely think the match up with Rangers suits us. The games are open and both teams let each other play football. Newell, in particular, gets time on the ball and its easier to play a passing game because of the space. Big thing yesterday is that we defended really well too - right across the backline. Hanlon and McGinn were excellent, Porteous looked more controlled and I didn't recognise Cadden from the Dundee Utd game such was the transformation.

Big test this midweek and it will be interesting to see if Hibs can take that performance into the game. Celtic in the final will also be a different kettle of fish as they will press Hibs far more than Rangers (which is when our game seems to break down) and we'll need to move well off the ball. It would be great if we can really turnaround our form from here.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
22-11-2021, 02:24 PM
Absolutely outstanding:flag::flag::flag:

Alfred E Newman
22-11-2021, 02:41 PM

That was a wide open game yesterday and that suited us perfectly. Ross County, St Johnstone and Livi will not be as open as Rangers. Commitment is not in question but it’s a different ball game when the opposition sit in and try to hit you on the break.