"dry your eyes mate" 🎶

dchibs
21-11-2021, 05:08 PM
"dry your eyes mate" 🎶

Mate? Traitor more like.

Greencore
21-11-2021, 05:08 PM
Mate? Traitor more like.

Wee Kevin looked heartbroken. Nae extra money in his wallet.

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-11-2021, 05:12 PM
He's raging. Derek McInnes is more neutral and complimentary of us ffs

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2021, 05:12 PM
absolutely astonishing this fud thinks boyle backed into davies, absolutely astonishing, boyle does it all the time blah blah blah

be a dirty hun by all means thomson but don't try kid on you even have a liking for hibs, or indeed any balance you ****

silverhibee
21-11-2021, 05:13 PM
How gutted does he look, get it right up you traitor.

The Captain....
21-11-2021, 05:14 PM
Professional hun sympathiser should be the occupation on his passport.

Even rangers fans I know think he is an overcompensating fud.

Cannot stand the prick.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-11-2021, 05:15 PM
Hun phud.

Diclonius
21-11-2021, 05:16 PM
What a shame.

Crammond Hibee
21-11-2021, 05:16 PM
No just a fud

Hibee87
21-11-2021, 05:17 PM
How can they try and say it's an iffy penalty? It's literally a stonewalled, every single day of the week. So much so that the ref HAD to give it. If it was 'iffy' we all know we wouldn't have.

Greencore
21-11-2021, 05:17 PM
Is it just a case he says what the huns want to hear to keep his bank ballance sound?

SMH, wouldn't believe he ever played for hibs.

I can accept he WAS a hibs fan, (played for free) but the guy showed not one ounce of respect for his "boyhood hero's"

Hope he gets found out at Kelty when they buy their place in the championship

madhatter
21-11-2021, 05:18 PM
No loyalty to Hibs. Sat in same row as me before. Comes across as someone that flip flops for money. No inherent love for the club.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2021, 05:20 PM
Manages a team with Hearts in the name, and is miserable as sin when Hibs beat The Rangers, Hibby my arse. :violin::party::lolrangers:

shamo9
21-11-2021, 05:22 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:violin:

Nakedmanoncrack
21-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Enjoyed the analysis, Mcinnes striking a good balance between the ex-Hibs players on either side of him. One devastated, one delighted. Thomson really is a twat.

hibsbollah
21-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Astonishingly biased tonight. He told me to my face once that he ‘supported both teams’. Certainly didn’t look like and sound like it tonight, well you’ll just have to suck it up :greengrin.

chrisski33
21-11-2021, 05:25 PM
fk him!

Tambo
21-11-2021, 05:26 PM
I know it's not the same for players as fans but no real Hibee could support the Huns.

Del Boy
21-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Smarmy wee twat. Get it up ye

Joe6-2
21-11-2021, 05:29 PM
Astonishingly biased tonight. He told me to my face once that he ‘supported both teams’. Certainly didn’t look like and sound like it tonight, well you’ll just have to suck it up :greengrin.

Supported both teams?! ffs

Crammond Hibee
21-11-2021, 05:31 PM
Is it just a case he says what the huns want to hear to keep his bank ballance sound?

SMH, wouldn't believe he ever played for hibs.

I can accept he WAS a hibs fan, (played for free) but the guy showed not one ounce of respect for his "boyhood hero's"

Hope he gets found out at Kelty when they buy their place in the championship

Overcharged us

eastmainsmsh
21-11-2021, 05:35 PM
A hun of the highest order get it up you 😂

BILLYHIBS
21-11-2021, 05:38 PM
Dry your eyes Hun!

The guy is an embarrassment

No self respecting Hibby could ever show allegiance to that horrible institution and everything it stands for

Even Slippy G couldnae wait to escape at the first opportunity

Mark05
21-11-2021, 05:43 PM
I said it on another thread what an arse,I criticised craigan but I know he's a hun Thompson no way he supports hibs he was nearly crying and I was crying with laughter.I love hibs not like you Thompson you dick

OstKurve Hibs
21-11-2021, 05:47 PM
If there was ever any doubt who his alligence lies wi then that argument is now done lol, dry yet eyes yi dirty tangerine prick !

A Hi-Bee
21-11-2021, 05:49 PM
He is irrelevant, forget him and move on down the road.
:thumbsup:

brog
21-11-2021, 05:54 PM
I've defended him in the past but He was embarrassing today. As for the pen, if it had happened at the other end there would have been no debate!! Separately I've been v impressed with Derek McInnes as a pundit and as a knowledgeable, decent guy.

Jim44
21-11-2021, 05:57 PM
I've defended him in the past but He was embarrassing today. As for the pen, if it had happened at the other end there would have been no debate!! Separately I've been v impressed with Derek McInnes as a pundit and as a knowledgeable, decent guy.

:agree: I thought he came across well today.

DH1875
21-11-2021, 06:41 PM
What did he say/do? Haven't seen any of his tv stuff from today but comes across as one of us when I've met him.

Pretty Boy
21-11-2021, 06:49 PM
There were some lovely complimentary comments about him when from the Hibs fans leaving Hampden.

His face appearing on the TV screens attracted lots of well wishes and warm platitudes.

JJP
21-11-2021, 06:52 PM
Who cares

J-C
21-11-2021, 06:54 PM
I tended to give him the benefit of the doubt seeing as he was working for Hun TV but today he really showed his true colours, am I surprised not really but his blatant sucking up to the Orcs is nauseating.

ABZHFC
21-11-2021, 06:54 PM
Horrible **** of a man, get it firmly round him

Crammond Hibee
21-11-2021, 07:13 PM
There were some lovely complimentary comments about him when from the Hibs fans leaving Hampden.

His face appearing on the TV screens attracted lots of well wishes and warm platitudes.

Aye right

NC1875
21-11-2021, 07:25 PM
His face after the game told everyone who he wanted to win. And it certainly wasn’t Hibs.

Certainly no Hibs fan

EI255
21-11-2021, 07:32 PM
"dry your eyes mate" [emoji445]Sour faced Hun he is.

Loved watching him at the end. The FACE. [emoji1787]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
21-11-2021, 07:33 PM
Looked as though he could do with a good sleep

Looked like a meerkat Hun

Tambo
22-11-2021, 06:21 AM
Hibs were lucky to get a penalty as they knocked Rangers out of the Premier Sports Cup this afternoon, according to Kevin Thomson.

The third goal of a 3-1 victory was from the spot, as Martin Boyle went down under Steven Davis' challenge, before picking himself up and blasting in for his hat-trick.

There did appear to be contact between the pair but the ex-midfielder, who played for both clubs, wasn't convinced it was enough for a spot kick.

Thomson told Premier Sports post match: "He's bumped into Steve Davis rather than the other way around, but Steve Davis' momentum going one way, Boyler's going the other, you can see he's just waiting for contact and then goes down.

Northernhibee
22-11-2021, 06:26 AM
Hibs were lucky to get a penalty as they knocked Rangers out of the Premier Sports Cup this afternoon, according to Kevin Thomson.

The third goal of a 3-1 victory was from the spot, as Martin Boyle went down under Steven Davis' challenge, before picking himself up and blasting in for his hat-trick.

There did appear to be contact between the pair but the ex-midfielder, who played for both clubs, wasn't convinced it was enough for a spot kick.

Thomson told Premier Sports post match: "He's bumped into Steve Davis rather than the other way around, but Steve Davis' momentum going one way, Boyler's going the other, you can see he's just waiting for contact and then goes down.

Kevin Thomson shouldn’t be welcome back at ER. What a ****ing welt.

JimBHibees
22-11-2021, 06:45 AM

Stick on pen for me. He is a slaver.

Heisenberg
22-11-2021, 06:47 AM
Get it right up the wee hun rat.

Since90+2
22-11-2021, 06:47 AM
You can absolutely guarantee if the penalty was at the other end of the day he'd be saying it's a pen. We all know that, and he knows it too.

Should never be allowed back at ER.

JimBHibees
22-11-2021, 06:49 AM
You can absolutely guarantee if the penalty was at the other end of the day he'd be saying it's a pen. We all know that, and he knows it too.

Should never be allowed back at ER.

Yep.

Billy Whizz
22-11-2021, 06:49 AM
Was Kevin supposed to be the Hibs pundit on the panel, and McInnes the Rangers one?

Sir David Gray
22-11-2021, 06:51 AM
**** Kevin Thomson.

Since90+2
Was Kevin supposed to be the Hibs pundit on the panel, and McInnes the Rangers one?

I think he was maybe meant to be the "neutral" one as he played for both clubs. McInnes was a Rangers fan as a boy and played for them.

He's 100% a Hun these days though.

JimBHibees

Bartley was there with Hibs fans singing his name after the game. Don't think they did the same for the sell out wonder why. :greengrin

Kato
22-11-2021, 06:52 AM
Makes it 2-1 then, Kev.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
22-11-2021, 06:52 AM

We had Marv, they had McInnes, KT was supposed to be the 'both sides'.
Marvin got an audible song from the hibs contingent which was nice.

Borderhibbie76
22-11-2021, 06:55 AM
What did he say/do? Haven't seen any of his tv stuff from today but comes across as one of us when I've met him.

Hes no one of us could not have been more Hun biased today...wee phud

Borderhibbie76
22-11-2021, 06:58 AM

McInnes was far more complimentary abiut us than ThomsHUN - he even got a bit annoyed at HT with KT and The blonde presenter going on aboutnhow bad Rangers had been and was like come on guys let's discuss how good Hibs were

theonlywayisup
22-11-2021, 07:01 AM
Finding all this negativity towards Kevin Thomson really boring.

He's a football man, who is/was employed by The Rangers Media. Off course, he's going to talk up them and in true The Rangers tradition fail to talk up the opposition, especially if they play in green. I've no doubt that when he doesn't need the money, he'll regularly attend Easter Road, which is where his heart lies.

EI255
22-11-2021, 07:06 AM
I'm not even sure if The Rangers fans like him. Ha!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
22-11-2021, 07:08 AM

He's a football man, who is/was employed by The Rangers Media. Off course, he's going to talk up them and in true The Rangers tradition fail to talk up the opposition, especially if they play in green. I've no doubt that when he doesn't need the money, he'll regularly attend Easter Road, which is where his heart lies.

He was on Premier Sports, not Rangers TV.

He’s made perfectly clear where his heart lies and he can get ****ed if he thinks he’ll be welcome at ER. He’s a hanger on of coat tails, a right place right time man. He means as much to the club as Matt Thornhill or Tom Taiwo.

sorrow sorrow
22-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Craigan was even worse,he really despises us.
He is the worst pundit/commentator on tv

malcolm
22-11-2021, 08:33 AM

He’s made perfectly clear where his heart lies and he can get ****ed if he thinks he’ll be welcome at ER. He’s a hanger on of coat tails, a right place right time man. He means as much to the club as Matt Thornhill or Tom Taiwo.

Och surely no - It seemed to be ‘van brokenhorse tv’ some wee guy in hospitality who got more closeups than any player and apparently was not in a dressing room at half time. :wink:

Tyler Durden
22-11-2021, 08:47 AM

Nah not for me. He's played a huge part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup - that won't be forgotten.

All this stuff about "ban him from Easter Road", get a grip guys! Leave that nonsense to the zombies.

madhatter
22-11-2021, 08:52 AM

McInnes came across like the guy in the middle of both sides. Even his placement suggested that. Must admit McInnes speaks quite well as a pundit. Over the piece he seems to be as close to fair as you can be.

Since452
22-11-2021, 09:08 AM
He looked livid. Just added to my joy.

Northernhibee
22-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Nah not for me. He's played a huge part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup - that won't be forgotten.

All this stuff about "ban him from Easter Road", get a grip guys! Leave that nonsense to the zombies.

He happened to be in the right place to win a header.

Other than that, he wasn’t even good enough for our bench but had an ego the size of Jupiter. He got a game because others were injured. A last resort.

The lack of 2016 winners medal for him is a ****ing delight.

hibsbollah
22-11-2021, 09:32 AM
McInnes came across like the guy in the middle of both sides. Even his placement suggested that. Must admit McInnes speaks quite well as a pundit. Over the piece he seems to be as close to fair as you can be.

:agree: He really did.

h1bs4life
22-11-2021, 10:05 AM

The fact that Davis never complained to Clancy or in fact none of there players went to him is all you need to know if it was a penalty or not .
Broken glass Kev means nothing to me not worth banning best ignored .
We were in the Beechwood after the game , no sound on the TV’s but you could see his bottom lip going and Big Marv with a huge big grin

JimBHibees
22-11-2021, 10:10 AM
The fact that Davis never complained to Clancy or in fact none of there players went to him is all you need to know if it was a penalty or not .
Broken glass Kev means nothing to me not worth banning best ignored .
We were in the Beechwood after the game , no sound on the TV’s but you could see his bottom lip going and Big Marv with a huge big grin

As you say the simple fact not one of their players questioned the decision is all there is to know.

TelaStella
22-11-2021, 10:14 AM

Birthday caird pish mate. If it were you: A Hibee employed by that mob, would you seriously act how he does? Or at least try and keep some amount of dignity, I know where I’d be. Thomson’s had enough chances as far as I’m concerned and has been found to be a right Hun roaster. We can move on from there at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
22-11-2021, 01:55 PM
Birthday caird pish mate. If it were you: A Hibee employed by that mob, would you seriously act how he does? Or at least try and keep some amount of dignity, I know where I’d be. Thomson’s had enough chances as far as I’m concerned and has been found to be a right Hun roaster. We can move on from there at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He used to sit behind us at Easter Rd until he started coaching with them.

Spike Mandela
22-11-2021, 02:48 PM
A professional football player can have affection for more than one club depending where his career takes him. Pretty sure Marv didn’t grow up supporting Hibs but Thomson did.

Think we need to be a bit more grown up about it. They’re just pundits.:cb

Tambo
22-11-2021, 02:51 PM
Was reading somehwere that Whittaker was in the rangers hospitality yesterday having a chat with the Huns.

Anyway **** Thomson and we should let him know that next time he's at Easter Road.

brog
22-11-2021, 04:48 PM

I agree but as I posted earlier he was embarrassing yesterday. His comments on the penalty were total nonsense with only one audience in mind.

Jim44
22-11-2021, 05:09 PM

Nah. KT’s soor pus was not for the benefit of his employers. In my opinion, he was seriously annoyed and disappointed at the result.

keep the faith
22-11-2021, 05:21 PM
A professional football player can have affection for more than one club depending where his career takes him. Pretty sure Marv didn’t grow up supporting Hibs but Thomson did.

Think we need to be a bit more grown up about it. They’re just pundits.:cb

I have been a huge defender of KT on here. I know he often courts the rangers fans with his love ins and suck ups online and in the media but I guess he did play for them. He has been given a very rough ride by some Hibs fans at times and that was unfair. In actual fact I felt he was a future manager here. Yesterday was terrible though. Even I was shocked. No thoughts about a hibs win, no happiness. No positivity. Nothing.
Only a sour face and anger at the rangers performance. No way he cares about our club anymore. I thought it was quite sad actually.

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2021, 05:24 PM

so an elbow on the neck is not a penalty, as i said yesterday he can be a hun all he likes but at least give balance and don't talk utter tripe just to appeal to the orcs fgs

22-11-2021, 06:56 PM
I'll tell you Kevin Thomson supports. Kevin Thomson supports....Kevin Thomson.

allmodcons
22-11-2021, 07:10 PM

:agree: He also never said Hibs were lucky to win. He didn't think it was a penalty, said it was clever by Boyler. I thought it was a penalty but I don't hate the guy for that.

Why can't we just enjoy the victory?

If you want to hear a real prick speak check out Richard Gough on the Sportsound podcast tonight "we are the club of no surrender". Not sure I've ever heard anyone try to endear themselves to the army of Orcs that follow der Hun as much as he did tonight. John Collins was terrible too, according to him "Rangers dominated". He sounds right up his own arse at times. Daryl Broadfoot ripped him to bits.

Crunchie
23-11-2021, 07:33 AM

I lost all respect for the guy when he crawled over broken glass to go join them, but I agree with you in that he shouldn't be banned from ER.
Let him come as often as he wants if he can handle the abuse he'll get now.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2022, 08:34 AM
Thought he toned it down a bit last night

Reduced to saying things like “My hibs pals tell me … blah blah blah .

Still a hun though

Alex Trager
10-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Aye I expected him to be brutal but he was pretty level headed about it

Centre Hawf
10-02-2022, 10:34 AM
I still find it amazing that an SPFL manager is allowed to moonlight as a Hun Commentator and say "We" and "Us" etc.

allmodcons
10-02-2022, 10:34 AM
KT was fine last night, unlike the hun commentator who took being a welt to a whole new level.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2022, 10:43 AM
KT was fine last night, unlike the hun commentator who took being a welt to a whole new level.

Hun commentator is in for a huge shock when Celtic win the league

I thought he was abysmal

JimBHibees
10-02-2022, 10:49 AM

Had to turn volume off couldn't take listening to that

hibsbollah
10-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Both KT's sons have signed for the Hibs youngsters, so I think he's going to continue to be a well kent face about ER and East Mains while being a confessed Rangers supporter. Its just a bit odd.

MikeyS
10-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Someone has definitely had a word with him about how he comes across or pointed out the comments on here. That wee weirdo commentator was desperate to get him to go full hun but he resisted every time.

overdrive
10-02-2022, 11:03 AM
The script kind of went:

Hibs player tackles a Rangers player:

Main commentator (Tom Miller I think): absolutely disgraceful, why is the referee not taking action? Absolutely dreadful, disgusting, appalling, Ryan Porteous is an angry young man who eats live animals, etc.
KT: Yes, I agree, Tom, that looks pretty bad

Replay happens

TM: repeat of what he just said
KT: actually, he got the ball, the ref got that right / nothing much in that, on reflection, etc.

KT toned it down a bit from previously. I'd still say he's definitely a bigger Rangers fan than Hibs fan (I really doubt he is still a Hibs fan). He obviously doesn't keep up with much Hibs related stuff either as he was shocked that McGregor didn't start. Why would he? He's been nowhere near the team for ages!

I watched the game with a Rangers fan and they even commented at the some of the nonsense Tom Miller was spewing.

Langlee Hibs
10-02-2022, 11:06 AM
Thought he toned it down a bit last night

Reduced to saying things like “My hibs pals tell me … blah blah blah .

Still a hun though

Sadly I had to endure the second half on Hun TV and he absolutely did tone it down compared with the last time. I had to wait for a bit to decide if it was him or no. Not the usual gushing love in! Agreed, still a massive throbber though!

eastterrace
10-02-2022, 11:11 AM
The script kind of went:

Hibs player tackles a Rangers player:

Main commentator (Tom Miller I think): absolutely disgraceful, why is the referee not taking action? Absolutely dreadful, disgusting, appalling, Ryan Porteous is an angry young man who eats live animals, etc.
KT: Yes, I agree, Tom, that looks pretty bad

Replay happens

TM: repeat of what he just said
KT: actually, he got the ball, the ref got that right / nothing much in that, on reflection, etc.

KT toned it down a bit from previously. I'd still say he's definitely a bigger Rangers fan than Hibs fan (I really doubt he is still a Hibs fan). He obviously doesn't keep up with much Hibs related stuff either as he was shocked that McGregor didn't start. Why would he? He's been nowhere near the team for ages!

I watched the game with a Rangers fan and they even commented at the some of the nonsense Tom Miller was spewing.
Tom miller is a died in the wool hun and spouts pish which he took to a new level last night.

allmodcons
10-02-2022, 11:26 AM
Had to turn volume off couldn't take listening to that

Tom miller is a died in the wool hun and spouts pish which he took to a new level last night.

I thought it was quite amusing.

Kind of **** you'd laugh at rather than laugh with.

20 minutes in "Rangers have breathtaking tonight" :crazy:

Stanton Spence
10-02-2022, 11:39 AM

20 minutes in "Rangers have breathtaking tonight" :crazy:I'm the same and was actually laughing when he said something along the lines of the rangers supporters are all standing up applauding and cheering this fantastic rangers performance!!! Then Thomson had to tell him the crowd where actually celebrating the Aberdeen equaliser against celtic [emoji23]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Sadly I had to endure the second half on Hun TV and he absolutely did tone it down compared with the last time. I had to wait for a bit to decide if it was him or no. Not the usual gushing love in! Agreed, still a massive throbber though!

I had to post on the match thread asking who the co-commentator was as he appeared to be too impartial to be KT but still with the bias you expect from Hun TV

h1bs4life
10-02-2022, 12:24 PM
Had to listen to Huns tv for 2nd half Thomson wasn’t to bad .
Tom Miller is an erse . if you need to cheer yourself up listen to Rangers TV 2016 cup final clip on YouTube you can hear the hurt

JimBHibees
10-02-2022, 01:39 PM

20 minutes in "Rangers have breathtaking tonight" :crazy:

Couldn't take anymore when he started going on about how he liked the number 55 when game was in 54th minute. Boak inducing.

BILLYHIBS
10-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Couldn't take anymore when he started going on about how he liked the number 55 when game was in 54th minute. Boak inducing.

Or what a pleasure it was to play out on that pitch for this wonderful club and these brilliant fans 🤮

Mick O'Rourke
10-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Hun commentator is in for a huge shock when Celtic win the league

I thought he was abysmal

Tom Millar.. been there for many years.
Tom knows how to keep his job on hun tv
rAngers tv could afford some of the freelance guys who comment on mainstream sports shows.
Tom knows where his bread is buttered.
His Trumpism appeals to the hordes that watch hun tv worldwide.
He will know that fine well.
Tom personally likes the Hibs (famous past teams ,FF Tornadoes)
He could wax lyrical about the Tornadoes.

Well he did pre 2016!

SaulGoodman
10-02-2022, 02:05 PM
He’s a prick

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 02:11 PM
I still find it amazing that an SPFL manager is allowed to moonlight as a Hun Commentator and say "We" and "Us" etc.

They could argue he is catering for the home audience.

He was a lot worse when a coach of them but you could see why as that’s funding his academy. His words are when Hibs play Rangers he’s a hibee and his boys the same and his dad.

silverhibee
10-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Both KT's sons have signed for the Hibs youngsters, so I think he's going to continue to be a well kent face about ER and East Mains while being a confessed Rangers supporter. Its just a bit odd.

He is still Edinburgh based, he manages a football club commentates for the huns on the side for a brown envelope, so probably doesn’t have the time to get his boys in to the Rangers academy but once they are old enough he will have them through there, East Mains is the easy choice for him just now.

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 02:15 PM
He is still Edinburgh based, he manages a football club commentates for the huns on the side for a brown envelope, so probably doesn’t have the time to get his boys in to the Rangers academy but once they are old enough he will have them through there, East Mains is the easy choice for him just now.

That’s not fair.

Every spare minute KT is still training kids at his own academy and going into local primary schools to take sessions. You think a professional like Thomson would just put his kids somewhere because it’s convenient? Riccarton would be a lot easier to get to from fife and Glasgow than Tranent.

silverhibee
10-02-2022, 02:15 PM

He kept going on about the special atmosphere in the stadium, I couldn’t hear a thing.

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 02:17 PM
He kept going on about the special atmosphere in the stadium, I couldn’t hear a thing.

The boy didnae have a clue.

Said the atmosphere was to appreciate Morellos goal when it was clearly because the sheep equalised. By the time he gloated about that when previously it was all about the rangers and refused to say the score it was 3-2 Celtic 😂😂

Mick O'Rourke
10-02-2022, 02:49 PM
They could argue he is catering for the home audience.

He was a lot worse when a coach of them but you could see why as that’s funding his academy. His words are when Hibs play Rangers he’s a hibee and his boys the same and his dad.
My eldest grandson chatted with Kevin often in the last year or so (when Covid permitted) at youth football training/games at The Inch and elsewhere (Edinburgh South)
Eventually Liam my grandson said "Kevin.which is it,Huns or Hibs ? I laughed at that.

Kevin smiled and replied ...Hibs !.. rangers pay a wage.

Hibiza
10-02-2022, 05:53 PM
He's just an utter TWAT. Keep walking the M8 on broken glass .

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 06:48 PM
My eldest grandson chatted with Kevin often in the last year or so (when Covid permitted) at youth football training/games at The Inch and elsewhere (Edinburgh South)
Eventually Liam my grandson said "Kevin.which is it,Huns or Hibs ? I laughed at that.

Kevin smiled and replied ...Hibs !.. rangers pay a wage.

:agree: keep it a secret though, he's the devil. :greengrin

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 06:49 PM
He's just an utter TWAT. Keep walking the M8 on broken glass .

At least we got £2m for him. Unlike others including our assistant at the moment.

Unseen work
10-02-2022, 06:52 PM
I actually think he’ll go on to be a decent manager.

Other than his horrible love for rangers though he always strikes me as very self absorbed and thinks he’s brilliant.

I don’t know if that’s just in interviews I’ve watched as he try’s to sell himself but from what I’ve heard players etc like him and think he’s got a bit of both in terms of fear but also able to have a chat with.

He’s someone that will demand standards, respect and I imagine want to go toe to toe with whoever he’s playing with a real intensity and aggression

Frazerbob
10-02-2022, 07:21 PM
At least we got £2m for him. Unlike others including our assistant at the moment.

After destabilising our club, the club he was captain of at the time and dragging it through the gutter in his despicable newspaper’s weekly column.

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 08:00 PM
After destabilising our club, the club he was captain of at the time and dragging it through the gutter in his despicable newspaper’s weekly column.

Total and utter revisionism. What did he write in the weekly column to drag the club through the gutter? The worst I can mind him saying is he owes it to his parents to move on in the future for a lot more money and repay them.

Did he leave the club for nothing like Murray, Caldwell and Riordan - no.

Did he hand in a transfer request like Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher - no.

Was he stripped of the captaincy and not even dropped, still played and gave 100% irrespective of of degrading that would be? yes.

There was one person who detestablised the club at the time and his name is John Collins. Same Collins who a few weeks back was laughing at half time as we got pumped and wanted a cricket score.

If you can let post what comments he made about us that dragged us through the gutter though I'm all for apologising, but you won't. The broken glass remark was after he left at it was to get away from JC. After KT left Collins turned his attention to Stewart, dropping him and treating him like **** for not signing a new deal immediately. As that was going on Scott Brown used to laugh in his face, tell him to f-off and smash footballs at him when giving talks in training after handing in a transfer request - JC laughed it off.

Frazerbob
10-02-2022, 08:32 PM
Total and utter revisionism. What did he write in the weekly column to drag the club through the gutter? The worst I can mind him saying is he owes it to his parents to move on in the future for a lot more money and repay them.

Was he stripped of the captaincy and not even dropped, still played and gave 100% irrespective of of degrading that would be? yes.

There was one person who detestablised the club at the time and his name is John Collins. Same Collins who a few weeks back was laughing at half time as we got pumped and wanted a cricket score.

If you can let post what comments he made about us that dragged us through the gutter though I'm all for apologising, but you won't. The broken glass remark was after he left at it was to get away from JC. After KT left Collins turned his attention to Stewart, dropping him and treating him like **** for not signing a new deal immediately. As that was going on Scott Brown used to laugh in his face, tell him to f-off and smash footballs at him when giving talks in training after handing in a transfer request - JC laughed it off.

Now that’s revisionism. He tried to engineer a move from the club he was the current captain of (and claimed to support) via a weekly column in the Daily Record. I have opinions on those others you mentioned but I’m not into whataboutery.

Steve20
10-02-2022, 09:12 PM

Revisionism? The above is that more than anything anyone else has said.

Anyway, Thomson loves Rangers as he’s said multiple times and his dream job is the Rangers managers job. He might have been a Hibee growing up, but he prefers them now. He doesn’t even hide it.

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 09:21 PM
Now that’s revisionism. He tried to engineer a move from the club he was the current captain of (and claimed to support) via a weekly column in the Daily Record. I have opinions on those others you mentioned but I’m not into whataboutery.

He took over the column when Riordan left for nothing and had it a few months before anything.

He had no reason to engineer a move - both Rangers Celtic and teams down south where all desperate to sign him. The actual fault he had was trying to be too open and honest to our support. It's not as if he ever had to give some kind of come and get me plea.

hibsbollah
10-02-2022, 09:24 PM

Absolute rubbish. He was criticising the manager repeatedly in his column while the captain of the team. I remember it very clearly. Just because you apparently don’t remember doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2022, 09:33 PM
He took over the column when Riordan left for nothing and had it a few months before anything.

He had no reason to engineer a move - both Rangers Celtic and teams down south where all desperate to sign him. The actual fault he had was trying to be too open and honest to our support. It's not as if he ever had to give some kind of come and get me plea.

now my memory can be very sketchy now and then but iirc he allowed his agent to constantly slag our club, if KT didn't want his agents thoughts in the paper he would have told him so, but he didn't because the attacks just kept on coming, one thing i do remember though is thinking at the time he was an absolute total disgrace in his attempts(through the media)to tear our club a new one, THEE worst captain our club has EVER had...i DO remember that, his actions were a total disgrace to our club

Mick O'Rourke
10-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Revisionism? The above is that more than anything anyone else has said.

Anyway, Thomson loves Rangers as he’s said multiple times and his dream job is the Rangers managers job. He might have been a Hibee growing up, but he prefers them now. He doesn’t even hide it.

Why, when asked just a few months ago,would he lie and say he supports Hibs?

It doesn't make sense people here claiming otherwise.
By the way,i dont know Kevin
But the "walking on glass" story, i believe,was conflated.
Wonder if he discussed all this with Kamberi !!

Steven Gerrard took the Rangers job.
No evidence he was a supporter beforehand.
His background might suggest he wasn't.
For him,it was a stepping stone,as well as the best paid manager gig in Scotland.

Jim44
10-02-2022, 11:08 PM
For present and future financial benefits, KT is a dyed in the wool Hun. He has aspirations way beyond his capabilities and will be a loser. He’ll probably slink back to Hibee status when the Huns give him the heave-ho. But we will have long memories ……. Get him to ****.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:39 AM
Absolute rubbish. He was criticising the manager repeatedly in his column while the captain of the team. I remember it very clearly. Just because you apparently don’t remember doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

As I trust what you are saying and my memory isn't what it used to be can you post anything at all from his columns slagging off the manager? What did he say? What did he slag off? All I can remember is a bit of chat about maybe moving on later and being flattered with clubs being interested. The team was in a good place so I'm not sure what he could have said to say otherwise. :confused:

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:43 AM
now my memory can be very sketchy now and then but iirc he allowed his agent to constantly slag our club, if KT didn't want his agents thoughts in the paper he would have told him so, but he didn't because the attacks just kept on coming, one thing i do remember though is thinking at the time he was an absolute total disgrace in his attempts(through the media)to tear our club a new one, THEE worst captain our club has EVER had...i DO remember that, his actions were a total disgrace to our club

The agent didn't slag the club. He said that if Hibs value a player at this or that then pay them the wage to go with that. Obviously we couldn't afford to do so but that's about the most that went on. That and getting Scott Brown to hand in a transfer request. I'm sure the reason Collins gave to Thomson that he was being stripped of the captaincy was because he didn't believe Thomson had a sore back for Tynie on boxing day (Deano game) and couldn't play. Nothing to do with off field comments or anything because they weren't being made.

Caldwell and Ian Murray - both club captains that left hibs with absolutely no money for them despite the massive chance they gave the players in their career, how is Thomson worse than them?

Again, if anyone can provide a link to any comments he made about the club BEFORE he left the club then I would appreciate it. But I'm confident there won't be, let alone all these constant attacks he was supposed to have said.

hibbysam
11-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Used to be a massive Thomson fan, not so much these days. Not really for his ‘pro-rangers’ stance as I see that as him looking after number 1, but more so as he very rarely talks up Hibs. As a professional he can be both. His dedication will probably see him get to the top and whether we like it or not, Rangers is one of the two top jobs in the country, I’d imagine most young coaches aspire to get there, majority just don’t have the ego Thomson does so he likes to tell the world about it.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:48 AM
Used to be a massive Thomson fan, not so much these days. Not really for his ‘pro-rangers’ stance as I see that as him looking after number 1, but more so as he very rarely talks up Hibs. As a professional he can be both. His dedication will probably see him get to the top and whether we like it or not, Rangers is one of the two top jobs in the country, I’d imagine most young coaches aspire to get there, majority just don’t have the ego Thomson does so he likes to tell the world about it.

He reminds me of Phil Brown, the old Bolton and Hull manager who done that team talk on the pitch one time.

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Why, when asked just a few months ago,would he lie and say he supports Hibs?

It doesn't make sense people here claiming otherwise.
By the way,i dont know Kevin
But the "walking on glass" story, i believe,was conflated.
Wonder if he discussed all this with Kamberi !!

Steven Gerrard took the Rangers job.
No evidence he was a supporter beforehand.
His background might suggest he wasn't.
For him,it was a stepping stone,as well as the best paid manager gig in Scotland.

To please the audience of course. I don't know the guy but his public persona suggests he could have been asked the same question 10 mins later by some Hun's grandson and the answer would've been: "we arra peepul wee man :wink:".

On the rest of your post, professional footballers just aren't like us. We have proper allegiance to a club, they have a soft spot at best. To us, success is Hibs being a better, more successful club. For them, success is moving to a better, more successful club. Sad, but true.

Since452
11-02-2022, 01:22 PM
This might sound rediculous but i wonder if Thomson is toning it down a bit on Hun TV because he's looking at the future. It's not beyond the realms of possibility he could wind up managing Hibs or another Premiership side in the not too distant future so wont want to alienate them. Like him or hate him he is going places in management. Kelty are flying and he speaks well in the media. I know they have a financial advantage over their rivals but he'll be getting noticed by bigger clubs.

silverhibee
12-02-2022, 12:49 AM

You keep saying Riordan left for nothing, Hibs received a fee for him from celtc.

silverhibee
12-02-2022, 01:02 AM

Can remember him coming away with some tosh about him and Broony not feeling safe at the club anymore and that they had been threatened by Hibs fans as they had a meal/lunch at a restaurant on Easter Road, next time I see Deek’s I will ask him to look out the paper clippings from that time as he has most of them, the strange thing was he was allowed to say derogatory things about the club but when Deek’s done the piece before him it was always checked by the club before going to press, I’m sure Rod allowed it to happen imo, regards the Katie stuff.

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 09:31 AM
Was at the game so didn’t get the delights of Katie. Heard Hibs TV showed the game with our own commentary as pals watched it in this way and they’re not overseas. A wee glitch maybe.

As for Katie, he supports only one thing - himself. The fuss he made after the cup final about how he was being mistreated in not getting a Winners medal and offering to pay the SFA for one told you all you need to know. It’s all about him. I’m glad Dagnall got “his medal”.

That mob from Govan are welcome to him.

oldbutdim
12-02-2022, 11:51 AM
It's worth remembering that Katey didn't actually write a column. It was penned by Keith Jackson.
The mistake Thomson made was allowing Jackson too much latitude in his 'creative writing'. I think the infamous 'broken glass' story was a complete fabrication and Katey confessed that he had hastily 'vetted' the script whilst hid mind was on other things.

Stupid boy.

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 12:00 PM
You keep saying Riordan left for nothing, Hibs received a fee for him from celtc.

Only after it was indicated Riordan would sit on his arse until January and leave for nothing so we got what? £50k for a talent worth millions (not that I blame Riordan in all of that).

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Can remember him coming away with some tosh about him and Broony not feeling safe at the club anymore and that they had been threatened by Hibs fans as they had a meal/lunch at a restaurant on Easter Road, next time I see Deek’s I will ask him to look out the paper clippings from that time as he has most of them, the strange thing was he was allowed to say derogatory things about the club but when Deek’s done the piece before him it was always checked by the club before going to press, I’m sure Rod allowed it to happen imo, regards the Katie stuff.

Yeah I got the same impression. Probably because the club had a lot more to hide in terms of Derek's negations with the club :wink: Thommson's was more a willie mckay collumn.

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 12:02 PM
It's worth remembering that Katey didn't actually write a column. It was penned by Keith Jackson.
The mistake Thomson made was allowing Jackson too much latitude in his 'creative writing'. I think the infamous 'broken glass' story was a complete fabrication and Katey confessed that he had hastily 'vetted' the script whilst hid mind was on other things.

Stupid boy.

Jackson wrote it under instructions from Mckay.

The broken glass was after he had left. And it was to get away from JC.

hibsbollah
12-02-2022, 12:09 PM
Was at the game so didn’t get the delights of Katie. Heard Hibs TV showed the game with our own commentary as pals watched it in this way and they’re not overseas. A wee glitch maybe.

As for Katie, he supports only one thing - himself. The fuss he made after the cup final about how he was being mistreated in not getting a Winners medal and offering to pay the SFA for one told you all you need to know. It’s all about him. I’m glad Dagnall got “his medal”.

That mob from Govan are welcome to him.

With the medal scenario, are you saying Thomson is Muttley here? I can buy that.

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 01:53 PM
With the medal scenario, are you saying Thomson is Muttley here? I can buy that.

I’m definitely in the “he’s Dastardly” camp :greengrin

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 01:59 PM

Stupid boy.

You’re too kind.

If a Hibs manager let the fans know he’d applied for another job and didn’t get it, like he did recently regarding the Killie job, showing no respect for the club and fans who pay his wages (and where he’s been for all but 5 minutes)…well we’d no be happy.

He canny blame Keech Jackson for that.

himself chocolate if was he he’d eat….:devil:

J-C
12-02-2022, 03:42 PM
Only after it was indicated Riordan would sit on his arse until January and leave for nothing so we got what? £50k for a talent worth millions (not that I blame Riordan in all of that).

Quick search tell you it's £170k :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2022, 05:00 PM

Poor show though - from memory he was caught in between the transfer window contracts and was out of contract in September or October and said he’d sit on his arse until January so he could sign for free.

Mental that Hibs fans like him and Murray would be willing to do that to the club.

silverhibee
12-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Poor show though - from memory he was caught in between the transfer window contracts and was out of contract in September or October and said he’d sit on his arse until January so he could sign for free.

Mental that Hibs fans like him and Murray would be willing to do that to the club.

Can’t remember him saying that, his agent, players union were hoping that FIFA would give him special dispensation to play with a club after his contract ran out as it was a one of kind contract at that time, but Hibs & Celtc were not willing to take the chance, imagine the club treating him like crap by accepting a offer from Cardiff before speaking to Deek’s and removing the contract on the table, was Derek just to accept the offer on the table, if I remember correctly Mowbray and Petrie took to the papers to say that it was one of the best contracts to be handed out to a Hibs player, which was more nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2022, 05:41 PM
Can’t remember him saying that, his agent, players union were hoping that FIFA would give him special dispensation to play with a club after his contract ran out as it was a one of kind contract at that time, but Hibs & Celtc were not willing to take the chance, imagine the club treating him like crap by accepting a offer from Cardiff before speaking to Deek’s and removing the contract on the table, was Derek just to accept the offer on the table, if I remember correctly Mowbray and Petrie took to the papers to say that it was one of the best contracts to be handed out to a Hibs player, which was more nonsense.

It’s a complex business at times. Didn’t stop him coming back though.

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 05:51 PM

Millions of a difference right enough. :confused: :rolleyes:

silverhibee
12-02-2022, 06:04 PM
It’s a complex business at times. Didn’t stop him coming back though.

Correct, and it was Hibs who wanted him to come back.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2022, 06:23 PM
Correct, and it was Hibs who wanted him to come back.
Played for free and it looked it anaw :greengrin

Since452
12-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Thomson was a Rolls Royce of a player. Think he was Rangers best player too before his injury. I'd have him as the best of our golden generation to be honest. Not a fan of him personally but I'm not a big fan of anyone not wearing green and white to be honest.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2022, 06:54 PM
Thomson was a Rolls Royce of a player. Think he was Rangers best player too before his injury. I'd have him as the best of our golden generation to be honest. Not a fan of him personally but I'm not a big fan of anyone not wearing green and white to be honest.

Remember one game Mogga tried him as sweeper second half

F*^king outstanding strolled it

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-02-2022, 07:25 PM
Team got spanked today

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 07:29 PM
Team got spanked today

To be expected tbh.

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Played for free and it looked it anaw :greengrin

Did he not get a payment at the end of his stint? Pretty sure he did. Petrie revealed that in an interview after the event.
Sort of not a weekly wage but a sum of money later on.

Jones28
12-02-2022, 07:30 PM

He was a superb player.

It’s a shame he’s turned in to such a throbber.

MrRobot
12-02-2022, 07:52 PM
5 pages of debate over what team a grown man supports, who ****ing cares :greengrin

the guy is employed by rangers, of course he’s gonna faff towards them. For his managerial aspirations, who cares he said he wants to manage Rangers; he’s nothing to do with hibs anymore

Carheenlea
12-02-2022, 08:21 PM
The whole Kevin Thomson Hibs/Rangers debate just bores me now. Got nothing to add to the discussion either way.

Crunchie
12-02-2022, 08:34 PM
He was no John Collins that's for sure :greengrin.

I just watched a replay of the game at Ibrox when we beat them 1-0 with a Murphy goal to go top of the league and stay unbeaten, he barely got a touch that game, that must have hurt.

But you're right, on his game he was a fabulous player, it's a pity for him his ego was bigger than his talent.

Since452
12-02-2022, 09:03 PM
Remember one game Mogga tried him as sweeper second half

F*^king outstanding strolled it

Just brilliant mate. Superb player. Didn't quite appreciate how good those boys were at the time.

stoneyburn hibs
12-02-2022, 10:30 PM
Defended him as player during the broken glass years because of the money he brought to Hibs.
He can do one now, sycophant Hun prick.
Delighted that his team got pumped today.

HoboHarry
12-02-2022, 11:41 PM
5 pages of debate over what team a grown man supports, who ****ing cares :greengrin

the guy is employed by rangers, of course he’s gonna faff towards them. For his managerial aspirations, who cares he said he wants to manage Rangers; he’s nothing to do with hibs anymore
Was going to say the same thing. He seems to have rent free accommodation inside the heads of some Hibs fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Was going to say the same thing. He seems to have rent free accommodation inside the heads of some Hibs fans.

No idea what that means to be honest, but guy is a total knob, as indicated again by his latest self-promotion, boasting of being interviewed for Kilmarnock job "everyone knows", no they don't, but you'll make sure they get to. Says everything about his character & priorities.