PDA

View Full Version : Team V Rangers

Unseen work
19-11-2021, 11:11 PM
Huge game on Sunday and back after 3 weeks of no game and 4 defeats in a row before that

Injury news;

In - Doidge, Hallberg and Mackie (All back training, games maybe too soon)
Out - Kyle Magennis, Daniel Mackay

For me;

……………….Macey………….

……..McGinn…Porteous…Hanlon….

Cadden…..JDH…….Newell…….Doig…..

……………….Campbell……

…………..Boyle………..Nisbet…….

Or

………….……….Macey………….

McGinn…..Porteous….Hanlon….Doig….

…………..JDH….Gogic…Newell….

Boyle………………………………..Murphy..

…………………..Nisbet……

Personally prefer the look of the first team but think the second is more likely. What I don’t like about the second is I don’t think any of the midfield 3 will get close enough to Nisbet. He also loves starting Murphy.

Will Allan play? Maybe, but he’s not done a lot lately when he got the chance. Campbell came on against Celtic and tipped the game for us and probably would have started the next game, the 3 weeks without a game has probably made it harder for him to go in as we can reflect properly instead of acting on impulse. I think Campbell has the legs to really press Rangers though and has a genuine intent/aggression/want to actually win the ball back.

James Scott - Is he fit now? Surely to god 4 weeks or so since him last playing is ample time.

SON OF PADDY
19-11-2021, 11:31 PM
Didn't we play Dundee,the other night and win?
I think the gaffer knows his strongest team, lets keep them guessing.

JammyDoidger
20-11-2021, 01:58 AM
It's got to be the 3-5-2 anything other than this with Boyle and nisbet upfront is a sackable offence.

JimBHibees
20-11-2021, 07:11 AM
It's got to be the 3-5-2 anything other than this with Boyle and nisbet upfront is a sackable offence.

It has been the default system v Rangers cannot see it being anything else to start with.

Gmack7
20-11-2021, 07:50 AM
3,5,2 with Campbell pushing up to support Nisbet and Boyle, the rest pick themselves

B.H.F.C
20-11-2021, 07:57 AM
It has been the default system v Rangers cannot see it being anything else to start with.

Maybe time we went with something else, not beaten them since 2018!

SMAXXA
20-11-2021, 07:57 AM
3,5,2 with Campbell pushing up to support Nisbet and Boyle, the rest pick themselves

I think it mate be a fairly flat 3 with JDH, Newall and Cadden in the middle

flash
20-11-2021, 08:16 AM
Macey

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Cadden
Newall
Allan
Doyle-Hayes
Doig

Nisbet
Boyle.

Same as the team that didn't give Rangers a sniff until Porteous moment of madness.

S4uzee
20-11-2021, 08:22 AM
I think it mate be a fairly flat 3 with JDH, Newall and Cadden in the middle

Cadden in CM?

JimBHibees
20-11-2021, 08:33 AM
Maybe time we went with something else, not beaten them since 2018!

Maybe however I think it is fair to say we have consistently given them much harder games than any other team in the league and certainly haven't been helped by a number of contentious decisions. Given our last game would be surprised if we moved too much from that.

B.H.F.C
20-11-2021, 08:37 AM
Maybe however I think it is fair to say we have consistently given them much harder games than any other team in the league and certainly haven't been helped by a number of contentious decisions. Given our last game would be surprised if we moved too much from that.

I agree in that I think that’s how we set up. Allan has to be one of the middle three for me, we need to have someone in there who can produce a bit magic to turn these close games against them in our favour.

Hibee Mac
20-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Would be a big call but I think Campbell deserves to me in the midfield if we go with a 352.

That would leave Murphy on the bench but I think he's really effective as an impact sub and a change of formation anyway.

That long 3 week break is so hard to call what effect it will have had, plus half the squad having Covid doesn't instil confidence in us being 100% fit either...

Still fancy us to be competitive though

worcesterhibby
20-11-2021, 09:15 AM
Would be a big call but I think Campbell deserves to me in the midfield if we go with a 352.

That would leave Murphy on the bench but I think he's really effective as an impact sub and a change of formation anyway.

That long 3 week break is so hard to call what effect it will have had, plus half the squad having Covid doesn't instil confidence in us being 100% fit either...

Still fancy us to be competitive though

I'd like to see Campbell in the team too, even if it's just to through something different into the mix. I think the starting formation will depend a lot on who has come through covid the best and who has suffered ill effects, though.

Eyrie
20-11-2021, 09:37 AM
……………….Macey………….

……………….Campbell……

I like your first team.

As regards Allan, I'd have him on the bench so we can bring him on for some magic if we're trailing, but leave him there if we're holding onto a lead. There is a counter argument that we need him to start as he's the one most likely to create for us, but this is a game where I expect us to have less possession and, whilst he's willing enough, that doesn't suit his abilities.

Nicho87
20-11-2021, 09:48 AM
Macey

——-McGinn——-Porteous——-hanlon

Cadden—-JDH——Newell——Campbell—-Stevenson

Boyle——-Nisbet

B.H.F.C
20-11-2021, 09:53 AM
I like your first team.

As regards Allan, I'd have him on the bench so we can bring him on for some magic if we're trailing, but leave him there if we're holding onto a lead. There is a counter argument that we need him to start as he's the one most likely to create for us, but this is a game where I expect us to have less possession and, whilst he's willing enough, that doesn't suit his abilities.

Also means you need to use do something with the possession you do have. Think we need to play our best players that are available.

Surprised at the number of people putting Campbell’s name forward. Can’t see it happening in a semi final.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2021, 09:58 AM

I'd do anything for us to go 4231 and win when folk post things like this

Brightside
20-11-2021, 10:11 AM
I think we will play the exact same team that played against them last time.

CMurdoch
20-11-2021, 10:40 AM
Huge game on Sunday and back after 3 weeks of no game and 4 defeats in a row before that

Injury news;

In - Doidge, Hallberg and Mackie (All back training, games maybe too soon)
Out - Kyle Magennis, Daniel Mackay

For me;

……………….Macey………….

……………….Campbell……

This team :aok:.
There is a whole lot of running and defending to be done so we need the best guys for that job.

The following 3 could come on later in the game to increase our threat:
Allan is not yer man for scrapping
Murphy is a good player but unaware defensively
Doidge can't be ready yet.

Stevenson is the best defensive left back so could be an option
Gogic was a clumsy oaf against Celtic in dangerous parts of the pitch and a poor defender early in the season but no Magennis means a place on bench
Wright could be another midfield grafter.
Gullan could graft at the end.
Dabrowski will be sub goalie

That's my 19 for team and bench

P.S. Newell needs to be more defensively aware than he has been.

Hibees1973
20-11-2021, 11:45 AM
I'm not going to predict the team.....I only hope Gogic is nowhere near Hampden tomorrow.

SMAXXA
20-11-2021, 09:04 PM
Cadden in CM?

Yeah

B.H.F.C
20-11-2021, 09:21 PM
Yeah

Don’t see Ross doing something he’s never done before in a semi final.

Stuart93
20-11-2021, 09:34 PM
I'm not going to predict the team.....I only hope Gogic is nowhere near Hampden tomorrow.

Aye agree with this.

Been like a man down this season with him in the team.

CMurdoch
21-11-2021, 02:10 PM
Some of us called the team.
Only issue is no sign of Murphy so must be injured again.

Del Boy
21-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Glad Campbell gets the nod, can’t keep playing the same players who have under performed for weeks

CMurdoch
21-11-2021, 02:24 PM
Glad Campbell gets the nod, can’t keep playing the same players who have under performed for weeks

It's great to have another player potentially bridging the gap between the academy and the 1st team.

JammyDoidger
23-11-2021, 10:48 AM
I'd do anything for us to go 4231 and win when folk post things like this

We've been crying out for the 3-5-2 all season..
Nisbet can't play up top himself.
We've been poor in defending crosses, so an extra centre half in the box makes sense. This has been staring us in the face for long enough.