PDA

View Full Version : Announcement New Academy Director

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2021, 05:51 PM
Couldn’t see a thread on this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8006559/hibs-blackburn-kean-academy-director/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636998890-1

Looks like a good appointment. Plenty of experience around the world.

Interesting article with him not long ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10013465/From-Blackburn-Brunei-Ex-Rovers-boss-Steve-Kean-open-returning-home-Scotland.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
15-11-2021, 05:55 PM
He’s a bit of a prick. But let’s see how it goes.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2021, 05:56 PM

Yep can't argue with that.

bingo70
15-11-2021, 06:22 PM
I think this is quite an exciting appointment for the club.

Loads of experience and if you’ve got a boy in the academy I think you can be pretty sure the person in charge knows what they’re talking about.

I don’t know if he’s a prick or a great guy by the way, never met the man 😂

SMAXXA
15-11-2021, 06:33 PM
Yep can't argue with that.

In what way?

Mikey_1875
15-11-2021, 07:21 PM
I think this is quite an exciting appointment for the club.

Loads of experience and if you’ve got a boy in the academy I think you can be pretty sure the person in charge knows what they’re talking about.

I don’t know if he’s a prick or a great guy by the way, never met the man 😂

I agree. It doesn’t automatically mean he will be great at the job but bringing someone in with that much experience is a bit of a coup I think.

I wonder where this leaves Eddie May and if there will be more changes to come when the club make the announcement.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2021, 07:34 PM
In what way?

You'd be better asking Brightside, he made the original post. Don't like some of his past much. We shall see.

J-C
15-11-2021, 07:36 PM
I agree. It doesn’t automatically mean he will be great at the job but bringing someone in with that much experience is a bit of a coup I think.

I wonder where this leaves Eddie May and if there will be more changes to come when the club make the announcement.

Just about to say that about May, been here a few years now and I'm not sure I'd call him a success, need to do better with the resources we have.

offshorehibby
15-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Just about to say that about May, been here a few years now and I'm not sure I'd call him a success, need to do better with the resources we have.

Him and Gareth Evans seem to be coaching/managing the under18 team at the moment do they not.

darwenhibby
15-11-2021, 07:41 PM
The guy is a tool

SMAXXA
15-11-2021, 07:46 PM
The guy is a tool

Actually couldn’t care less if he is or not as long as he’s good at his job and is successful with Hibs.

J-C
15-11-2021, 07:47 PM
Him and Gareth Evans seem to be coaching/managing the under18 team at the moment do they not.

May has been in charge of the youth set up since Leeann took over, he came with George Craig from Falkirk. Evans was with us and left to go to the Scotland ladies in some capacity, he came back a year or two ago,

JimBHibees
15-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Actually couldn’t care less if he is or not as long as he’s good at his job and is successful with Hibs.

Agree totally as long as he does the job who cares. Give the boy a chance

offshorehibby
15-11-2021, 07:53 PM
May has been in charge of the youth set up since Leeann took over, he came with George Craig from Falkirk. Evans was with us and left to go to the Scotland ladies in some capacity, he came back a year or two ago,

I knew that but they both seem to be more hands on with 18's lately or were they always and I've never realised.

bigwheel
15-11-2021, 07:55 PM
Didn’t someone post a few weeks ago that May was now in a “head of talent” type of role ..looking after our players who are out on loan ….

GloryGlory
15-11-2021, 08:06 PM

This. Interested in what he brings to the table at Hibs. Seems like a wide ranging background, hopefully a lot of good contacts, knowledge and experience to bring to the job.

The 90+2
15-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Fantastic appointment.

MWHIBBIES
15-11-2021, 08:26 PM
Strange we've appointed someone as head of something who has football experience.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2021, 08:55 PM
The guy is a tool

What makes you say that? I don't know anything about him.

Golden Bear
15-11-2021, 09:05 PM
Agree totally as long as he does the job who cares. Give the boy a chance

Exactly.

Welcome to the Club Mr Kean. Let's hope your stay is a successful one .

worcesterhibby
15-11-2021, 09:10 PM
This is a better article, well worth a read.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12463810/steve-kean-interview-former-blackburn-boss-on-life-in-the-pressure-cooker-there-and-finding-success-in-brunei

Since452
15-11-2021, 09:13 PM
What makes you say that? I don't know anything about him.

I'd like to know too

Since452
15-11-2021, 09:14 PM

In what way? Not being funny. Genuinely don't know.

Brightside
15-11-2021, 09:18 PM
In what way? Not being funny. Genuinely don't know.

Plenty stuff all over google. :aok:

SMAXXA
15-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Plenty stuff all over google. :aok:

I’ve googled him and can’t see anything other than a video leak about him slagging big Sam? Why don’t you just say it’s not cryptic lol

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2021, 09:30 PM
I’ve googled him and can’t see anything other than a video leak about him slagging big Sam? Why don’t you just say it’s not cryptic lol

From my findings he’s been done for drink driving, had links to the owners of Blackburn when Allardyce was sacked, and was caught calling him a crook.

All the above were nearly 10 years ago tho.

All that matters to me is he does a good job for us. I like the experience he’s picked up.

Sergio sledge
15-11-2021, 09:32 PM
In what way? Not being funny. Genuinely don't know.Did he not get caught spreading some naughty rumours about Sam Allardyce?

My mate is a Blackburn fan and he hates Steve Kean.

That's not to say he won't be good in his new role at Hibs, just remember my mate speaking about him at Blackburn and him coming across as a bit of a twat.

bingo70
15-11-2021, 09:35 PM
From my findings he’s been done for drink driving, had links to the owners of Blackburn when Allardyce was sacked, and was caught calling him a crook.

All that matters to me is he does a good job for us. I like the experience he’s picked up.

Allardyce was a crook so was proven correct on that front.

I’m not sure why it matters he had links with the Venkys?

Drink driving is something that’s shocking but it doesnt mean he’s a bad person. Think Martin Boyle has been done with that too but most people can see past that.

Iain G
15-11-2021, 09:36 PM

So he seems to have called know crook Sam Allardyce a crook? And got a job because he was reprsented by the agent that worked with Venkys?

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2021, 09:36 PM
Allardyce was a crook so was proven correct on that front.

I’m not sure why it matters he had links with the Venkys?

Drink driving is something that’s shocking but it doesnt mean he’s a bad person. Think Martin Boyle has been done with that too but most people can see past that.

Oh I ain’t saying these make him a bad person, just that it was all I could find.

May21/05/16
15-11-2021, 09:40 PM
The comments on here a really poor the isn't even in the door and already he's been called all sorts I think people just need to trust whoever appointed him just putting my tuppence worth on here hoping that if anyone from the board or if Steve is looking on

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
15-11-2021, 09:49 PM
Doesn’t matter who Hibs appoint there’s always going to be ********s on here who can’t help but post negative comments.

Nicho87
15-11-2021, 09:52 PM
There’s your next hibs manager or at least caretaker manager when Ross leaves one day. Heard it here first.

May21/05/16
15-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Doesn’t matter who Hibs appoint there’s always going to be ********s on here who can’t help but post negative comments.Agree we could appoint pep as manager and some folk would complain

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The Tubs
15-11-2021, 10:29 PM
I know nothing about the guy, but should he not get credit for slagging big Sam?

Hibbyradge
15-11-2021, 10:48 PM
This is a better article, well worth a read.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12463810/steve-kean-interview-former-blackburn-boss-on-life-in-the-pressure-cooker-there-and-finding-success-in-brunei

It is a good read. He's very experienced and it does sound like he knows how to get the best out of players.

It could be that we've pulled off a bit of a coup getting him in.

Unseen work
15-11-2021, 10:51 PM
Looks like he’s got very good experience for someone to be taking on that role.

Wonder if we’ll dip into his Australian knowledge for any potential players - would be silly not to IMO

darwenhibby
15-11-2021, 11:27 PM
Just reading on the comments hear
My explanation is that in this area the guy is still despised by the Blackburn fans!
I don’t think Blackburn would have fallen so far if they had replaced Sam Allerdyce with someone more competent than Keane.
I am no Blackburn fan but I think this guy is going to be a problem!
Hope I’m wrong but we’ll wait and see!

Callum_62
15-11-2021, 11:58 PM
My explanation is that in this area the guy is still despised by the Blackburn fans!
I don’t think Blackburn would have fallen so far if they had replaced Sam Allerdyce with someone more competent than Keane.
Hope I’m wrong but we’ll wait and see!A problem how?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
16-11-2021, 05:40 AM
I know nothing about the guy, but should he not get credit for slagging big Sam?

Absolutely should.

JimBHibees
16-11-2021, 05:50 AM
It is a good read. He's very experienced and it does sound like he knows how to get the best out of players.

It could be that we've pulled off a bit of a coup getting him in.

Very good experience and coached and worked in many countries which to me is a huge positive. Always thought he was treated horrificly at Blackburn. Hope he does well.

Since452
16-11-2021, 05:51 AM
Can we start a Kean out poll? 😉

Allant1981
16-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Seemsike a good appointment, not shocked to see the resident expert(s) who seem to know more than anyone about football put up a negative post straight away. Lets just see how the guy gets on

NC1875
16-11-2021, 06:14 AM
Guys been called all sorts on here already with absolute nothing to back any of it up.

I’m sure most of us have been called a prick in our lifetimes by people who barely know us. Give the guy a break.

Massive experience and what he does for Hibs is all that matters.

Yorkshire HFC
16-11-2021, 06:16 AM

You learn a lot on this website - Steve Clarke is useless, Jack Ross should be sacked, Kevin Nisbet should be replaced by an untried 18 year old, Hibs bottle every big game - and now someone who hasn't even started work at Hibs is a problem - what a goldmine this place is.

Since90+2
16-11-2021, 07:06 AM
Quickest we've ever written off a Hibs employee?

darwenhibby
16-11-2021, 07:10 AM
Jack Ross better watch his back
There is someone ready to put the knife in it
As I say I hope this alleged expert hopes I’m wrong.

MagicSwirlingShip
16-11-2021, 07:13 AM
Quickest we've ever written off a Hibs employee?

Have the club even announced/confirmed the appointment?

BroxburnHibee
16-11-2021, 07:13 AM
He's not even been confirmed yet :greengrin

bigwheel
16-11-2021, 07:22 AM
Some of the views on here are over the top aren’t they…

He does seem to have a divisive history at Blackburn - it’s unusual for us to hire people with that type of story . Another shift from the new regime.

That said, it was almost 10 years ago and he has done lots of international work since then - clearly got lots of experience . Will be quite a change in direction I think .

Hope he does well - we need it

GreenCastle
16-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Jack Ross better watch his back
There is someone ready to put the knife in it
As I say I hope this alleged expert hopes I’m wrong.

Think Jack and Steve know each other through SFA coach education. Possibly a reason this appointment is happening.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2021, 08:51 AM
Can we start a Kean out poll? 😉

Might as well because it seems the Kean out campaign has already started!

Pretty Boy
16-11-2021, 08:59 AM
I recalled something about the Blackburn episode last night and about 2 minutes on Google confirms it was more than just calling Allardyce a crook.

Football is cut throat though and I think anyone who really believes many agents, players and managers aren't self promoting and happy to walk over other people to get where they want to be is being extremely naive.

Lago
16-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Doesn’t matter who Hibs appoint there’s always going to be ********s on here who can’t help but post negative comments.
Seems to be the default position for many on here now, doesn't matter who it is, coach, administrator, player they're dammed before they even get in the door. Is this just a Hibs thing or do all clubs suffer from it?

bingo70
16-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Seems to be the default position for many on here now, doesn't matter who it is, coach, administrator, player they're dammed before they even get in the door. Is this just a Hibs thing or do all clubs suffer from it?

In fairness, I think this guy clearly doesn’t have a good reputation within British football. It doesn’t take much digging to see why people might not be too enamoured with the appointment. If you then take into account a few of the people who do have an issue with him are from the Blackburn area and will have friends who are Blackburn fans, it’s easy to see why there’s been a negative response so far. I can understand why they would be discussed when it’s quite a high profile appointment.

I personally couldn’t care less if he was a bit of a dick before. I look forward to hearing his plans for our academy. Sounds to me like he wasn’t cut out for a high profile managers job in England, that’s not what he’s going tk be doing here though.

If my boy is at the Hibs academy and I find out the guy taking over has English premiership (or championship?) management experience as well as vast experience from coaching abroad I’m delighted with that.

I’ve also not looked too far back but presumably he was a coach that came through the ranks at Blackburn? Must have been alright to get promoted in the first place? I do know he had links with the Venkys though so maybe not.

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2021, 10:13 AM
In fairness, I think this guy clearly doesn’t have a good reputation within British football. It doesn’t take much digging to see why people might not be too enamoured with the appointment. If you then take into account a few of the people who do have an issue with him are from the Blackburn area and will have friends who are Blackburn fans, it’s easy to see why there’s been a negative response so far. I can understand why they would be discussed when it’s quite a high profile appointment.

I personally couldn’t care less if he was a bit of a dick before. I look forward to hearing his plans for our academy. Sounds to me like he wasn’t cut out for a high profile managers job in England, that’s not what he’s going tk be doing here though.

If my boy is at the Hibs academy and I find out the guy taking over has English premiership (or championship?) management experience as well as vast experience from coaching abroad I’m delighted with that.

I’ve also not looked too far back but presumably he was a coach that came through the ranks at Blackburn? Must have been alright to get promoted in the first place? I do know he had links with the Venkys though so maybe not.

Been an assistant manager in the championship as well as Spain. Coached and managed in the EPL. Played in portugal. Technical director in Greece. Managed and set up the academy in Brunei, coached and managed in Australia.

silverhibee
16-11-2021, 10:59 AM

Was he the guy that Blackburn fans protested about getting him out the club and he wouldn’t budge, think things got a bit ugly with fans turning up at the ground.

Got to give him a chance and see what he can bring to the club, has good experience and maybe players will take someone like that with more respect and listen to what he has to say.

04Sauzee
16-11-2021, 11:00 AM
Evening news had tweeted that Hibs have appointed him as academy director or a similar role. Tweet has since been deleted

green day
16-11-2021, 11:08 AM
Evening news had tweeted that Hibs have appointed him as academy director or a similar role. Tweet has since been deleted

They probably read about it on here.............then read that it wasnt official yet. :greengrin

They are so amateur these days.

green day
16-11-2021, 11:09 AM
Been an assistant manager in the championship as well as Spain. Coached and managed in the EPL. Played in portugal. Technical director in Greece. Managed and set up the academy in Brunei, coached and managed in Australia.

Thats all very well, but exactly what qualifications does he have to run our academy? :greengrin

Since90+2
16-11-2021, 11:11 AM
Thats all very well, but exactly what qualifications does he have to run our academy? :greengrin

Aye but someone said he's a bit of a prick so that discounts all his past knowledge and experience.

Rumble de Thump
16-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Did he say anything about Allardyce that didn't turn out to be true?

bingo70
16-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Aye but someone said he's a bit of a prick so that discounts all his past knowledge and experience.

*someone that’s probably never met him.

I couldn’t care if he’s a prick in all honesty, chances of me meeting him, going for a pint with him or becoming mates with him are pretty slim.

All I care about is If he can do a good job with the academy, and looking at the experience he has in England and abroad, I would suggest he’s probably over qualified. Even if he is a prick.

Brightside
16-11-2021, 11:23 AM

Did I mention his experience. I said I hope it works out. I’m not looking for him to fail. Maybe we need a bit of a prick in that position. I wouldn’t employ him at my company but it might be exactly what is required.

loanheadhibby
16-11-2021, 12:08 PM
If I’m JR, I’ll be sleeping with one eye open. Ready made replacement. Managed at top level, apparently a great coach.

bigwheel
16-11-2021, 12:14 PM
If I’m JR, I’ll be sleeping with one eye open. Ready made replacement. Managed at top level, apparently a great coach.

He was most recently assistant to Grant Brebner…Has been head coach once in the UK and failed dismally…I suspect Jack will sleep easy :-).

hibee_nation
16-11-2021, 12:24 PM
If he is as big a prick as some on here suggest there's always an opening for him here as admin :cb

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2021, 12:32 PM
Did I mention his experience. I said I hope it works out. I’m not looking for him to fail. Maybe we need a bit of a prick in that position. I wouldn’t employ him at my company but it might be exactly what is required.

For me i dont give a toss if he's a prick or not, just if he's going to be good at his job.

darwenhibby
16-11-2021, 12:37 PM
For me i dont give a toss if he's a prick or not, just if he's going to be good at his job.

Thing is G I don’t think he will be good at his job!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion it’s a forum
I hope he is a success but I do think it will be a “I told you so”
A few thousand Blackburn fans can’t all be wrong

oneone73
16-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Oh?

beensaidbefore
16-11-2021, 12:42 PM

Has he ****ged your wife or something? You seem to be labouring your point somewhat!

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2021, 12:44 PM
I remember him having trouble with Allerdyce, and having to fly to india every other week, but apart from Blackburn being a basket case after Walkers money dried up. The venkys not realising the team they bought could actually get relegated, and selling every player worth anything leaving Kean in a very difficult position.

I cant see anyone doing a good job at that time, i think his time there is being viewed as a disaster because of the success they had before when they spent with the best.

darwenhibby
16-11-2021, 12:51 PM
Has he ****ged your wife or something? You seem to be labouring your point somewhat!
With all due respect
I don’t think he’s my husbands type but that’s another issue

loanheadhibby
16-11-2021, 01:09 PM
He was most recently assistant to Grant Brebner…Has been head coach once in the UK and failed dismally…I suspect Jack will sleep easy :-).

Failed or not, coached at highest level. Reportedly a great coach.

Can you honestly see him being happy as Academy Director? I’ll be very surprised if he’s not got an eye on the big job.

Ardenttwo
16-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Might as well because it seems the Kean out campaign has already started!

Forgive me for being a bit nieve but can we get someone out before he gets in Just asking like

bigwheel
16-11-2021, 01:12 PM

Can you honestly see him being happy as Academy Director? I’ll be very surprised if he’s not got an eye on the big job.

I don’t think he has anything like the CV to be considered as our head coach …he’s not been a head coach since 2014 , even then it was Brunei..

Academy director is a completely different role….even if he is good at it , fingers crossed, there is almost nothing in common with a first team head coach role ..

bingo70
16-11-2021, 01:13 PM

After what happened to him at Blackburn I’d be surprised if he ever wanted a managers job in the UK every again.

Since452
16-11-2021, 01:36 PM
Neil Lennon is a bit of a prick but i didn't mind one jot while we were playing fantastic stuff under him for 4 months. I didn't not celebrate Antony Stokes performance in the 2016 cup final because he's a "questionable character".

Get the job done for Hibs and you could be the biggest ******** in the world for all i care.

CapitalGreen
16-11-2021, 01:39 PM

If he was interested in the managers job why has he never been linked with it whenever it has been vacant in recent years? You’d think if he was really interested in that job he would have been going for it in the past when it was vacant rather than on the back of our best league finish in about 2 decades.

The 90+2
16-11-2021, 02:10 PM
Blackburn fans are tits.

Sometimes I jump on match threads on different forums when I've a wee wager on and they religiously can't stand Mowbray despite how well he's done for them.

Jumped up ego inflated ********s. Dump of a ground and pish since Uncle Jack left. Doesn't help Burnley are worth billions now mind.

Crab apple
16-11-2021, 02:17 PM
If he is as big a prick as some on here suggest there's always an opening for him here as admin :cb

Lol.

darwenhibby
16-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Blackburn fans are tits.

Sometimes I jump on match threads on different forums when I've a wee wager on and they religiously can't stand Mowbray despite how well he's done for them.

Jumped up ego inflated ********s. Dump of a ground and pish since Uncle Jack left. Doesn't help Burnley are worth billions now mind.
They think Mowbray is a dinosaur despite as you say the good job he has done to steady what was/ is a basket case of a club.
Burnley are not quite billionaires but they have had a lot of money invested into the infrastructure.
Burnley are a very well organised club!
The hospitality is second to none
The guy who did the interiors comes highly recommended!!
Hope they get another few years in the Premier League

Since452
16-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Blackburn fans are tits.

I remember the arrogance from them when they drew Celtic in the UEFA cup. I think they may have won or drawn the first leg at Celtic Park before Larsson ran riot down there. Not often i'm pleased to see one of the ugly sisters winning but that was one of them.

Alex Trager
16-11-2021, 03:07 PM
Kean announced by hibs.

I wonder what academy director’s do

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2021, 03:16 PM
Good luck Steve, welcome to Hibs.

loanheadhibby
16-11-2021, 03:29 PM
If he was interested in the managers job why has he never been linked with it whenever it has been vacant in recent years? You’d think if he was really interested in that job he would have been going for it in the past when it was vacant rather than on the back of our best league finish in about 2 decades.

I am not aware whether he was interested or not. You may have inside track that he was not interested. I’ve genuinely no idea.

He maybe see’s this as a place to re-invent himself?

loanheadhibby
16-11-2021, 03:32 PM
After what happened to him at Blackburn I’d be surprised if he ever wanted a managers job in the UK every again.

Potentially true but maybe he has his appetite back for it? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I’d imagine he will be at helm temporarily if/when we change the manager in the future. Similar to Eddie May was. Sounds like a decent appointment tho.

CMurdoch
16-11-2021, 03:53 PM
Based on his experience i would say it is a good appointment for the academy and one which is in keeping with the owner and the CEO's goals for developing it with a view to producing young players for the 1st team, who we can eventually be sell on.
As per the CEO, Kean will be at the expensive end of the salary spectrum for Hibs.

Having read his opening statement he doesn't half chat the bull**** chat. Personally, I have doubts relating to his ability to recruit players at home and abroad unless he is speaking about recruiting youth players rather than 1st team players.

The Captain....
16-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Very uneasy about this appointment. Very uneasy indeed.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Tambo
16-11-2021, 03:58 PM
He says he can make an instant impact.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-i-can-make-an-instant-impact-as-the-new-academy-director-says-steve-kean-3459222

Good luck and hopefully it's a success.

Unseen work
16-11-2021, 04:01 PM
I don’t see the anger in some for appointing him?

Blackburn fans hate him, because he was poor for them. No matter what he said about allardyce or how he got the job through having the same agent or whatever is irrelevant, if he was good he would have been liked.

Other than that a drink driving charge years ago?

From what I can see and the places he’s been he’s got a wealth of experience all over the world and has a bit of a reputation for developing young players. He’s also been working with SFA so must be a highly thought of coach?

I think it looks like a good appointment.

Also he won’t be taking Ross’ job. He was assistant to Grant Bremner recently…..

I’d much prefer someone like him with experience than some guy like Cathro

jacomo
16-11-2021, 04:03 PM
He says he can make an instant impact.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-i-can-make-an-instant-impact-as-the-new-academy-director-says-steve-kean-3459222

Good luck and hopefully it's a success.

Steve Kean backs Steve Kean to be a success. Surprise surprise.

Unseen work
16-11-2021, 04:07 PM
“I’m excited to have the opportunity to come back home to Scotland to focus on domestic and overseas talent identification and development.“

Intrigued by this part.

Will this include first team players? Would make sense given hell have good knowledge of the Australian league etc.

Since90+2
16-11-2021, 04:10 PM
The issue with Aussie players is they have to do a lot or traveling during the season which inevitably impacts on them. I think Boyle has struggled on occasion after these long flights.

Of course if we got someone the caliber of Boyle it's a no brainer, if it's someone like Mark Milligan maybe not so much.

MikeyS
16-11-2021, 04:26 PM

Not like you to dive in with a completely hypothetical situation that manages to put a negative spin on things....

Lago
16-11-2021, 04:43 PM
Good luck Steve, welcome to Hibs.
👍👌

Hibbyradge
16-11-2021, 04:44 PM

I'm sure you'll find a few thousand Sunderland fans who don't rate Jack Ross. Ian Cathro was a joke as manager but he went on to do extremely well at Wolves and ended up as Asst manager at Spurs. I'm sure there are many other examples.

The problem was that Kean was given the job as manager of a premier league team far too early and when the pressure started to build, he didn't know how to deal with it.

He made naive PR mistake after mistake, and the fans turned quickly against him. Fundamentally, he was out of his depth and that's the owners fault.

The owners should not have given him the job, and they continued to deal with the appointment badly, but the fans anger was aimed at the closest and most obvious target, the manager.

He's not going to have the same responsibility or pressure as he had then so he'll be freely able to use the skills he obviously has.

Callum_62
welcome to Hibs Steve, you absolute pwick

This is a weird part of the internet like.

madhatter
Bit concerned by this tbh. I'm not sure what part of his history shows he has ample experience of player identification and development...

greenlex
16-11-2021, 04:45 PM
The issue with Aussie players is they have to do a lot or traveling during the season which inevitably impacts on them. I think Boyle has struggled on occasion after these long flights.

Of course if we got someone the caliber of Boyle it's a no brainer, if it's someone like Mark Milligan maybe not so much.
Don’t agree. Milligan was a quality player. If we had him 5 years earlier would have been even better as he would have been at his best.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2021, 04:46 PM
With all due respect

How is Moray?

Hibbyradge
16-11-2021, 04:47 PM
Forgive me for being a bit nieve but can we get someone out before he gets in Just asking like

Because it's hibs.net.

Rumble de Thump
16-11-2021, 04:48 PM
Bit concerned by this tbh. I'm not sure what part of his history shows he has ample experience of player identification and development...

Well he's worked as an academy director, assistant coach and head coach.

madhatter
16-11-2021, 04:51 PM
Well he's worked as an academy director, assistant coach and head coach.

And? What players has he identified and who has he developed? Worked with certain players does not mean he identified and developed them.

Some of his interviews while he was at Blackburn make him seem a bit of a dodgy character. The feeling I get anyway.

If he genuinely has some experience and can bring some success I wish him the best in the role. Just have some doubts.

Rumble de Thump
16-11-2021, 04:57 PM
And? What players has he identified and who has he developed? Worked with certain players does not mean he identified and developed them.

Some of his interviews while he was at Blackburn make him seem a bit of a dodgy character. The feeling I get anyway.

If he genuinely has some experience and can bring some success I wish him the best in the role. Just have some doubts.

And just read what I typed again. We've hired him as academy director. He's literally had the same role at other clubs where he will have needed the skills you're after. Did you want him to have scouted and developed Messi?

Callum_62
16-11-2021, 05:00 PM
And just read what I typed again. We've hired him as academy director. He's literally had the same role at other clubs where he will have needed the skills you're after. Did you want him to have scouted and developed Messi?Aye but what experience does he have to be an academy director

He's been employed as an academy director

Aye, but who's he developed likes?

[emoji108]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Since452
16-11-2021, 05:04 PM

And? The poster just answered your question about what experience he has. There were folk greetin about Ian Gordon being given a position with no known experience now there's folk greetin about a guy with experience of this very position coming onboard.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2021, 05:04 PM

There aren't too many people who apply for a job they think they'll fail at. It looks like Hibs have cobbled together a statement on his behalf. It looks like part of a CV not a spoken interview or press conference.

Lago
16-11-2021, 05:13 PM
And would you expect him to say I think I'll fail 🙄

beensaidbefore
16-11-2021, 05:32 PM
With all due respect

Haha, fair dos!😆

loanheadhibby
16-11-2021, 05:39 PM
Not like you to dive in with a completely hypothetical situation that manages to put a negative spin on things....

Hi Mickey,

What’s the negative spin? Surely it’s a positive to have a highly motivated individual onboard who may have an eye on the top job?

Are you hoping he comes in to the club and underperforms?

Strange take on things.

madhatter
16-11-2021, 05:42 PM
And? The poster just answered your question about what experience he has. There were folk greetin about Ian Gordon being given a position with no known experience now there's folk greetin about a guy with experience of this very position coming onboard.

And you're greetin about the people greetin?

Billy Whizz
16-11-2021, 05:50 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59309655

Looks like Jack Ross has been the driver of this appt

Hibs90
16-11-2021, 05:54 PM

As long as he's no appointing his eventual successor :greengrin

timewilltell
16-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Constructive comment..🙄

madhatter
16-11-2021, 06:19 PM
And just read what I typed again. We've hired him as academy director. He's literally had the same role at other clubs where he will have needed the skills you're after. Did you want him to have scouted and developed Messi?

Did I mention Messi? Saying he's done the role before means nothing. It's like hiring a chef whose done the job for 10 years. Does that make them a good chef? Debatable.

I expect a club looking to hire an Academy Director would look for some history of decent player identification and development. Good pedigree of getting youngsters through youth ranks and into the first team. Not Messi, just clear history of bringing through players at each club.

Either way, he'll succeed or fail pretty quickly going by that prepared statement.

degenerated
16-11-2021, 06:22 PM
Did I mention Messi? Saying he's done the role before means nothing. It's like hiring a chef whose done the job for 10 years. Does that make them a good chef? Debatable.

No, but it makes them a chef though and there's no arguing with that.

madhatter
16-11-2021, 06:24 PM
No, but it makes them a chef though and there's no arguing with that.

Indeed. Never disputed that. Speaking of chefs, does Jack Ross know one? St Mirren's one any good?

Lago
16-11-2021, 07:14 PM

That will disappoint some on here as it doesn't support their narrative.

J-C
16-11-2021, 07:38 PM
Can I say this place is officially ****ing nuts, a coach who we have no idea if he's signed or not is either a bit of a prick or talks sense by calling out Allerdyce and he's maybe only coming here to take over when Ross gets the boot, have I got all that right?

greenlex
16-11-2021, 07:43 PM
Can I say this place is officially ****ing nuts, a coach who we have no idea if he's signed or not is either a bit of a prick or talks sense by calling out Allerdyce and he's maybe only coming here to take over when Ross gets the boot, have I got all that right?

I agree but he is in the house.

RyeSloan
16-11-2021, 07:57 PM

I expect a club looking to hire an Academy Director would look for some history of decent player identification and development. Good pedigree of getting youngsters through youth ranks and into the first team. Not Messi, just clear history of bringing through players at each club.

Either way, he'll succeed or fail pretty quickly going by that prepared statement.

Do you think the club done none of those things before hiring him?

madhatter
16-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Do you think the club done none of those things before hiring him?

No idea. Seems like Jack Ross has a massive influence on who we recruit.

If he had a genuine record of bringing through youngsters I'd expect some reference to players in his recruitment announcement. Even merely numbers, e.g. worked and got 4 players into the first team at blah fc...

MagicSwirlingShip
16-11-2021, 08:07 PM

If he had a genuine record of bringing through youngsters I'd expect some reference to players in his recruitment announcement. Even merely numbers, e.g. worked and got 4 players into the first team at blah fc...

Jordan Henderson, Kasper S, Scott Dann, Phil Jones, Grant Hanley, Junior Hoilett & Jason Lowe are mentioned by name on the website?

Allant1981
16-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Jordan Henderson, Kasper S, Scott Dann, Phil Jones, Grant Hanley, Junior Hoilett & Jason Lowe are mentioned by name on the website?

Aye but apart from them obviously

madhatter
16-11-2021, 08:15 PM

I didn't see any with specific reference to identification and development. "Worked with" is how his link to some of those players was worded. Colin Calderwood worked with some big names.

Lago
16-11-2021, 08:15 PM
Aye but apart from them obviously
🤣

RyeSloan
16-11-2021, 08:16 PM

So Jack Ross just makes you who he wants and off Ben goes?

I reckon it’s pretty obvious that Hibs will have done their homework on their key hire for the Academy before bringing anyone in for interview no matter the actual job.

flash
16-11-2021, 08:18 PM
I didn't see any with specific reference to identification and development. "Worked with" is how his link to some of those players was worded. Colin Calderwood worked with some big names.

Jesus wept.

madhatter
16-11-2021, 08:34 PM
Jesus wept.

Not sure why my concern is so ridiculous to be honest. I hope he is successful for Hibs. However, he has a patchy history and doesn't come across well in the Blackburn interviews. I also don't see a direct association with youth development in his background. He might have dropped young players in the first team at Blackburn and came across some big names at Coventry. Dropping players into the first team is Jack Ross' job.

Hope he does well because that will mean Hibs will benefit. I have some concerns though.

SMAXXA
16-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Not sure why my concern is so ridiculous to be honest. I hope he is successful for Hibs. However, he has a patchy history and doesn't come across well in the Blackburn interviews. I also don't see a direct association with youth development in his background. He might have dropped young players in the first team at Blackburn and came across some big names at Coventry. Dropping players into the first team is Jack Ross' job.

Hope he does well because that will mean Hibs will benefit. I have some concerns though.

If the club are happy he’s the man for the job that will do for me. It’s football as in any sport nothing is guaranteed.

et_hibby
16-11-2021, 08:52 PM

Anyone that that crook Allardyce doesn’t like must be halfway decent.

Alfred E Newman
16-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Exactly.

Welcome to the Club Mr Kean. Let's hope your stay is a successful one .

Nah, he’s already been written off by some of these Hibs net experts. A tool and a prick seemingly.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Nah, he’s already been written off by some of these Hibs net experts. A tool and a prick seemingly.

And not qualified for the job.

superfurryhibby
16-11-2021, 09:20 PM
He is an interesting appointment from Hibs. Another new face in the door, lots of relevant experience and a good football pedigree overall.

Iain G
16-11-2021, 09:32 PM
And not qualified for the job.

And Jack Ross's best mate/patsy/yes man, maybe they are halving the finder's fee 🙄

Sioux
16-11-2021, 09:35 PM

Based on knowing F all about everything.

CapitalGreen
16-11-2021, 09:38 PM

Identification is the responsibility of youth scouts and analysts, while development is the responsibility of youth coaches. The academy director is responsible for putting in place the structure these people work under and hiring people into these positions if necessary.

Lago
16-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Correct

Vault Boy
16-11-2021, 09:54 PM
I genuinely know nothing about him other than his time at Blackburn. Therefore it's a simple - welcome to the club, all the very best with it - from me.

darwenhibby
16-11-2021, 10:44 PM
How is Moray?

Who’s Murray??
🤷*♂️

Since452
17-11-2021, 05:26 AM

Probably the same ones who are Neil Lennon fans

MWHIBBIES
17-11-2021, 05:39 AM
While his history is a bit patchy, he is at least qualified for the job. Bizarre that he gets more stick than the appointment of Ron's son as Head of recruitment.

Also bizarre at anything other than an opinion that is boring and falls in line with the majority on here gets you labled an "expert" and insulted. I think people have raised some valid concerns over this, based on actually knowing a bit about the guy. It's honestly pathetic to insult someone just because they are a bit more knowledgeable about something and have a different opinion. Blindly trusting everything Hibs do is a mistake.

Centre Hawf
17-11-2021, 06:49 AM
While his history is a bit patchy, he is at least qualified for the job. Bizarre that he gets more stick than the appointment of Ron's son as Head of recruitment.

Also bizarre at anything other than an opinion that is boring and falls in line with the majority on here gets you labled an "expert" and insulted. I think people have raised some valid concerns over this, based on actually knowing a bit about the guy. It's honestly pathetic to insult someone just because they are a bit more knowledgeable about something and have a different opinion. Blindly trusting everything Hibs do is a mistake.

This is where I sit on it as well. The guy clearly has a questionable reputation from some of his previous jobs. But it was also long ago and not something I’m privvy to all the facts on and hopefully it’s all in the past. I think it’s only fair that we see what the guy can do as he is qualified for this role.

But there’s no need for sarcy comments on anyone that is questioning it. We all want the same thing at the end of the day and that’s whats best for the club.

madhatter
17-11-2021, 06:52 AM

Cheers. Insulting my intelligence...

I'm guessing you'll be one of the guys that complains about Twitter mob and the abuse players get on that platform.

I've been fairly reasoned with raising my concerns, no personal insults or digs sent Hibs way or to Kean and yet you find the need to come at me.

Honestly find those that are supposed to be in this positive camp can at times be almost identical to Twitter mob. Twitter mob jump on anything Hibs announce with vile stuff, negative people get profiled and jumped on here, usually with personal digs. Anything I type on here will be perceived as a negative and almost seems like people want to stamp my opinion out.

Seems like people want to silence the minority, worrying sign.

w pilton hibby
17-11-2021, 08:57 AM
A few reactions from NW England.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-hibernian-steve-kean-22188271#google_vignette

superfurryhibby
17-11-2021, 09:06 AM
A few reactions from NW England.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-hibernian-steve-kean-22188271#google_vignette

So, a mild response compared to the likes of Hibs fans responding on Twatter to the news that Paul Hanlon has signed a new contract?

Swedish hibee
17-11-2021, 09:12 AM
This thread.......

Welcome to Hibs Steve. All the best.

lucky
17-11-2021, 09:35 AM
He does not come across well in interviews and obviously BR fans have the same contempt for him as we do for Butcher but he’s very experienced and hopefully will be an asset to our club

Rumble de Thump
17-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Cheers. Insulting my intelligence...

I'm guessing you'll be one of the guys that complains about Twitter mob and the abuse players get on that platform.

I've been fairly reasoned with raising my concerns, no personal insults or digs sent Hibs way or to Kean and yet you find the need to come at me.

Honestly find those that are supposed to be in this positive camp can at times be almost identical to Twitter mob. Twitter mob jump on anything Hibs announce with vile stuff, negative people get profiled and jumped on here, usually with personal digs. Anything I type on here will be perceived as a negative and almost seems like people want to stamp my opinion out.

Seems like people want to silence the minority, worrying sign.

Your 'opinion' was based on complete ingornance. Even when the relevant information was pointed out to you, you've decided to stick to your ill-informed 'opinion' rather than ackowledge the facts, and also chosen instead to attack the people who have tried to inform you. It's not very healthy.

Not In The Know
17-11-2021, 09:50 AM
So whats he allegedly done then to annoy the Blackburn fans so much? Ive tried googling but cant find anything apart from being a **** manager.

The Allerdyce stuff pretty much came to fruition...

Dalianwanda
17-11-2021, 09:55 AM
So whats he allegedly done then to annoy the Blackburn fans so much? Ive tried googling but cant find anything apart from being a **** manager.

The Allerdyce stuff pretty much came to fruition...

He took a job he was offered by the owners & didnt quit when results werent going his way....seems about the gist of it.

superfurryhibby
17-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Your 'opinion' was based on complete ingornance. Even when the relevant information was pointed out to you, you've decided to stick to your ill-informed 'opinion' rather than ackowledge the facts, and also chosen instead to attack the people who have tried to inform you. It's not very healthy.

I would add that incessantly posting negatively to that particular mix. People notice these things.

I don't always agree with the mainstream consensus on here, like the debate about Jack Ross and his management of the team. However, I try and back my views up with something resembling a reasoned case. I've had plenty of flak, but mostly there been something resembling a discussion. At the end of the day, it's only an opinion and we all have them, right or wrong.

If the Madhatter fellae wants less gyp, they should try saying the odd positive thing about Hibs. It's not that hard

Since452
17-11-2021, 10:06 AM
He took a job he was offered by the owners & didnt quit when results werent going his way....seems about the gist of it.

That's all i can see really. That and him calling the crook Sam Allardyce a crook.

madhatter
17-11-2021, 10:11 AM

Who have I attacked? I disputed the use of the facts. Saying someone is well qualified for the job because he worked with Jordan Henderson et al means nothing. Calling me being concerned about Kean's history "complete ignorance" is a little strange as he has had a number of dodgy moments to say the least. Blackburn fans sharing their condolences says that my concern at least has some merit rather than the complete ignorance you claim I have.

To my knowledge I've not called anyone's opinion nonsense or found in complete ignorance. I've argued against their opinion then people have unleashed upon me as per usual. People make it personal, about me rather than the appointment (point of this thread). Accusing me of attacking anyone on this thread is honestly ridiculous.

madhatter
17-11-2021, 10:19 AM
I would add that incessantly posting negatively to that particular mix. People notice these things.

I don't always agree with the mainstream consensus on here, like the debate about Jack Ross and his management of the team. However, I try and back my views up with something resembling a reasoned case. I've had plenty of flak, but mostly there been something resembling a discussion. At the end of the day, it's only an opinion and we all have them, right or wrong.

If the Madhatter fellae wants less gyp, they should try saying the odd positive thing about Hibs. It's not that hard

If I want less gyp I'd avoid this place like the plague. I've been negative about Hibs but never abusive, never messaged an employee of Hibs with anything, positive, neutral or negative. I'm sharing an opinion, people may get annoyed by it being negative most of the time but so what, that's who I am... I keep reiterating the same point. This is a forum, if you are trying to silence a minority then it reflects really poorly on the community, regardless of the shared sentiment being positivity.

It's like high-fiving each other while shushing other people.

CB Hibs 68
17-11-2021, 10:58 AM
Couldn’t see a thread on this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8006559/hibs-blackburn-kean-academy-director/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636998890-1

Looks like a good appointment. Plenty of experience around the world.

Interesting article with him not long ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10013465/From-Blackburn-Brunei-Ex-Rovers-boss-Steve-Kean-open-returning-home-Scotland.html

Currently being interviewed on Talksport.

AngloHibs
17-11-2021, 11:03 AM
I reckon that this might actually turn out to be a really good appointment. Kean has a broad range of experience in the game, and this can only be of help to him.

A few posters have questioned his previous history of identifying and bringing through young players. The thing is, I don't think academy directors generally move between clubs in the same role, I think they tend to move up the coaching ladder. So whoever we appointed might not have had much of a track record elsewhere. I might be proved wrong on this by someone with more knowledge than me, though.

I don't think we can read much into his time at Blackburn. The Venkys were out of their depth and created a complete basket case at the time. Kean was set up to fail, and I think just about anyone else would have failed too.

Iain G
17-11-2021, 11:12 AM
I disputed the use of the facts.

:faf:

Since452
17-11-2021, 11:22 AM
This thread.......

Welcome to Hibs Steve. All the best.

I don't know if it's the vocal minority but Hibs recent Tweets on Jack Ross's 2 year anniversary and Paul Hanlon's new contract have attracted the biggest load of utter weapons. I'm at the stage now where i can't really be arsed with it. This place isn't as bad but it's getting that way. All for differences of opinion as that is healthy, but dearie me. The club is taking an absolute beating from some folk no matter what they do. Are things really that bad?

madhatter
17-11-2021, 11:32 AM
:faf:

If you can't understand how people can use facts to reinforce a point they are making, without the facts being intrinsic to the point they are making then feel free to laugh away.

For example, a coach has worked with Messi means he must be an excellent coach. A fact being used to reinforce an opinion does not mean the opinion becomes a fact.

madhatter
17-11-2021, 11:40 AM
I don't know if it's the vocal minority but Hibs recent Tweets on Jack Ross's 2 year anniversary and Paul Hanlon's new contract have attracted the biggest load of utter weapons. I'm at the stage now where i can't really be arsed with it. This place isn't as bad but it's getting that way. All for differences of opinion as that is healthy, but dearie me. The club is taking an absolute beating from some folk no matter what they do. Are things really that bad?

What about the absolute beating I get for sharing my opinion on a fans forum? I'm not sending abuse to the club yet I've been met with posts essentially saying I'm thick, knowing"F all about everything" and my opinion being based on "complete ignorance". People criticising Twitter behaviour should really take a closer look at those around them on here.

Why does sticking it to fellow fans on here become a popular past time while comments made on Twitter directed towards the club are ridiculed? I take from that, that my existence is less important than the football club and the employees.

Saying "knowing F all about everything" about a new employee of Hibs would be criticised. Saying that in my direction is fair game on here.

superfurryhibby
17-11-2021, 12:02 PM
What about the absolute beating I get for sharing my opinion on a fans forum? I'm not sending abuse to the club yet I've been met with posts essentially saying I'm thick, knowing"F all about everything" and my opinion being based on "complete ignorance". People criticising Twitter behaviour should really take a closer look at those around them on here.

Why does sticking it to fellow fans on here become a popular past time while comments made on Twitter directed towards the club are ridiculed? I take from that, that my existence is less important than the football club and the employees.

Saying "knowing F all about everything" about a new employee of Hibs would be criticised. Saying that in my direction is fair game on here.

Report the comments you don't like?

There's an element of reap what you sow, but that said some comments are OTT.

Lago
17-11-2021, 12:17 PM
I feel your pain and completely agree with every word you've said. I just can’t understand the negativity and in some cases the downright hostility to all things Hibs, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

madhatter
17-11-2021, 12:27 PM
I feel your pain and completely agree with every word you've said. I just can’t understand the negativity and in some cases the downright hostility to all things Hibs, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Hostility? You replied "Correct" to a post that said that I knew "F all about everything" didn't you?

You've just reinforced my point. Perceived hostility towards the club isn't OK but negative fans well...fair game because they are negative. What have I done that's hostile to Hibs? Paid my season ticket when I couldn't attend because of Covid? Been a yearly ST since our relegation even when I couldn't make it every week? I'm concerned with our direction and I come onto here to share my concern. I don't tweet Steve Kean knows "F all about everything"...

B.H.F.C
17-11-2021, 12:54 PM

There is a balance to be had and, IMO, most folk are somewhere in the middle.

Some of the negativity is exaggerated, by people who are determined that the club won’t do anything wrong, continually bringing up the subject of negativity. Our summer window is the perfect example. People gave their opinions and there were some predictable responses (both in what was said and by who) about folk never being happy, the club not being able to win and so on. Move forward a couple of months and we have our CEO echoing the thoughts of those that weren’t happy but it’s all right at that point because it’s coming from the club and it’s very honest of them.

Just chucking aimless abuse at folk is a different thing altogether but is something that works both ways. You have the new academy director being labelled a prick by someone who would be suitably unimpressed if Paul Hanlon was labelled a prick.

jeffers
17-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Hostility? You replied "Correct" to a post that said that I knew "F all about everything" didn't you?

You've just reinforced my point. Perceived hostility towards the club isn't OK but negative fans well...fair game because they are negative. What have I done that's hostile to Hibs? Paid my season ticket when I couldn't attend because of Covid? Been a yearly ST since our relegation even when I couldn't make it every week? I'm concerned with our direction and I come onto here to share my concern. I don't tweet Steve Kean knows "F all about everything"...

Don’t see anything wrong in what you’ve posted. You are giving your opinion.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2021, 01:12 PM

Some of the negativity is exaggerated, by people who are determined that the club won’t do anything wrong, continually bringing up the subject of negativity. Our summer window is the perfect example. People gave their opinions and there were some predictable responses (both in what was said and by who) about folk never being happy, the club not being able to win and so on. Move forward a couple of months and we have our CEO echoing the thoughts of those that weren’t happy but it’s all right at that point because it’s coming from the club and it’s very honest of them.

Just chucking aimless abuse at folk is a different thing altogether but is something that works both ways. You have the new academy director being labelled a prick by someone who would be suitably unimpressed if Paul Hanlon was labelled a prick.

The summer window is definitely an interesting example.

There was a sizeable, and vocal, number of people both on here and elsewhere who insisted it had been a good window. Primarily because of the fact we didn't sell anyone and also because we had added quality. People who criticised the business we had done were hit with the 'too much negativity' chat. It's since transpired that the window was so bad in terms of both buying and selling players that we removed someone from their job and basically ripped up the whole structure of how we conduct our transfer business.

I find it odd when people are so attached to a positive or negative position that they can't either criticise or praise when it's merited (or in the case of Steve Kean just admit they have no ****ing clue how it's going to work out one way or another).

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2021, 01:12 PM
Don’t see anything wrong in what you’ve posted. You are giving your opinion.

Yes, people shouldn’t be giving those on a football message board.

Brightside
17-11-2021, 01:44 PM

I mean you are surely clear on why that last sentence makes no sense. One has a reputation in football from his previous work in the UK. One has the complete opposite reputation. As I said in my comment, I hope it works out. But I’d just suggest people do a bit more googling than the first hit they find.

Rumble de Thump
17-11-2021, 01:48 PM
I mean you are surely clear on why that last sentence makes no sense. One has a reputation in football from his previous work in the UK. One has the complete opposite reputation. As I said in my comment, I hope it works out. But I’d just suggest people do a bit more googling than the first hit they find.

I would suggest if you're going to publicly abuse someone at least have the decency to back it up rather than telling people to Google things and guess what you're basing your opinion on. Why it should be such a closely guarded secret remains a mystery.

Brightside
17-11-2021, 01:54 PM
I would suggest if you're going to publicly abuse someone at least have the decency to back it up rather than telling people to Google things and guess what you're basing your opinion on. Why it should be such a closely guarded secret remains a mystery.

Someone backstabbing other people he worked with makes them a “bit of a prick” in my view. I don’t actually think that’s abuse. Just do your own research.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2021, 01:58 PM

You’ve basically decided that it’s all right to abuse someone despite the fact you’d chase others for doing similar if you didn’t share their view. Just based on your opinion from googling him or whatever.

JimBHibees
17-11-2021, 02:09 PM

Yep he was the face of the owners who they despised. Actually felt really sorry for him given the supporters level of abuse at him.

Alfred E Newman
17-11-2021, 02:36 PM
They will already be preparing their posts for Sunday evening in hopeful anticipation of a howking from The Rangers.

J-C
17-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Some of the posts on here are shocking and some comments aimed at other posters are way OTT. Not just going against what's been posted but in a very personal way. It's the usual culprits ganging up on anyone who doesn't fall into line with their happy clapping agenda. Piss poor patter.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2021, 03:00 PM
They will already be preparing their posts for Sunday evening in hopeful anticipation of a howking from The Rangers.

Stuff like this is daft and removes any opportunity of any sensible debate.

There aren’t Hibs supporters hoping we lose. They only exist in peoples heads who want to push this view that loads of people are being unduly negative.

If we lose, folk will moan. If we lose badly, even more folk will moan and there will undoubtedly be a Jack Ross Out thread on here and loads of negative social media posts. Everybody would rather we just won and got to a cup final though.

wookie70
17-11-2021, 03:12 PM
As said by others I'm not too fussed about what he did 10 years ago. He does seem to have limited experience of the role he has taken up and running an academy in the middle east isn't a like for like comparison. Hope, he gets some young players through as seeing home grown talent doing well is one of the best things about supporting a club.

cabbageandribs1875
17-11-2021, 05:27 PM
quite disappointing he doesn't appear to have any ties to St Mirren, i hope we know what we're doing :grr:

Not In The Know
17-11-2021, 06:12 PM
That's all i can see really. That and him calling the crook Sam Allardyce a crook.

jeez. The Blackburn fans are a tad dramatic. He’s have lost his payoff money. Can’t blame him really

Smartie
17-11-2021, 08:07 PM
jeez. The Blackburn fans are a tad dramatic. He’s have lost his payoff money. Can’t blame him really

I just hope nobody ever offers their manager a sweetie.

Imagine the outcry.

WhileTheChief..
17-11-2021, 08:15 PM
The summer window is definitely an interesting example.

There was a sizeable, and vocal, number of people both on here and elsewhere who insisted it had been a good window. Primarily because of the fact we didn't sell anyone and also because we had added quality. People who criticised the business we had done were hit with the 'too much negativity' chat. It's since transpired that the window was so bad in terms of both buying and selling players that we removed someone from their job and basically ripped up the whole structure of how we conduct our transfer business).

Good thing about that is our CEO is in tune with majority of the fan base.

The ‘Hibs can do no wrong’ posters are just as bad, if not worse than the moaners!

Mickey Weir
18-11-2021, 03:52 AM
I'm not overly excited by his CV or track record in relation to the job of academy director but none the less, welcome to Hibs, Steve. Let's hope you prove the doubters wrong.

Ron Gordon hasn't got much right since he took over, let's hope this appointment bucks the trend.

Allant1981
18-11-2021, 05:14 AM
I'm not overly excited by his CV or track record in relation to the job of academy director but none the less, welcome to Hibs, Steve. Let's hope you prove the doubters wrong.

Ron Gordon hasn't got much right since he took over, let's hope this appointment bucks the trend.

What hasnt he got right since he took over

Since90+2
18-11-2021, 05:30 AM

Got more right than Budge though, eh?

Since90+2
18-11-2021, 05:31 AM
What hasnt he got right since he took over

Poster is a sad Jambo at the windup. Best ignored.

Since452
18-11-2021, 05:41 AM

Has he not? What have I missed?

Hiber-nation
18-11-2021, 06:51 AM
Has he not? What have I missed?

You've luckily missed all Mickey's other posts which are as pathetic attempt at a jambo wind-up as I've ever seen on here.