PDA

View Full Version : Ewan Henderson

thebausburst
09-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Out of contract at the end of the season, could we?

Stuart93
09-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Out of contract at the end of the season, could we?

Is that Liams younger brother?

Always thought he looked decent when he got a chance

gbhibby
09-11-2021, 01:51 PM
Just as well you got the spelling of his first name correct. Would be worth taking a chance on him.

500miles
09-11-2021, 02:26 PM
He's had a few decent run outs for celtic, and I think he done well for Dunfermline last year. I think he's similar to his brother, high energy with a creative streak.

Smartie
09-11-2021, 02:30 PM
He was certainly held in high regard by the Celtic fans (more than once I've heard "he's better than his brother") but you'd expect that if that was the case then he'd have maybe made an impact there by now?

I don't mind young OF cast-offs. Not easy to make an impression there and whilst I'm lukewarm about the ability of older players who can no longer cut it for them being able to stroll in and do a job for us, signing young players who fall a bit short of being able to force their way in to either the Celtic or Rangers teams is something I'm definitely up for.

JimBHibees
09-11-2021, 02:46 PM
He was certainly held in high regard by the Celtic fans (more than once I've heard "he's better than his brother") but you'd expect that if that was the case then he'd have maybe made an impact there by now?

I don't mind young OF cast-offs. Not easy to make an impression there and whilst I'm lukewarm about the ability of older players who can no longer cut it for them being able to stroll in and do a job for us, signing young players who fall a bit short of being able to force their way in to either the Celtic or Rangers teams is something I'm definitely up for.

Didn't impress when at Ross County would be surprised if we were interested

O'Rourke3
09-11-2021, 05:49 PM

I don't mind young OF cast-offs. Not easy to make an impression there and whilst I'm lukewarm about the ability of older players who can no longer cut it for them being able to stroll in and do a job for us, signing young players who fall a bit short of being able to force their way in to either the Celtic or Rangers teams is something I'm definitely up for.Very highly rated at Celtic. Liam's last contract with them was boosted so their agent(dad) would ensure young Hendo signed with them on professional terms. Like the next post, he didn't stand out on loan to County. Rather have Liam back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cameronw-hfc
09-11-2021, 08:47 PM
I grew up with all three brothers. Ewan is by far the most naturally gifted, and then some.

number9dream
10-11-2021, 08:12 AM
Very highly rated at Celtic. Liam's last contract with them was boosted so their agent(dad) would ensure young Hendo signed with them on professional terms. Like the next post, he didn't stand out on loan to County. Rather have Liam back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That would be nice but Liam's on Serie A wages until 2025, so it could be a long wait.
Ewan may well be worth a punt since he's still only 21 and can play central or wide attacking roles in midfield. Two-footed as well, which is rare in this country. Looked a bit lightweight at County, don't know how he fared at Dunfermline last season. Not had a look in under Ange P, who used Montgomery in midfield a couple of times early on.

Not In The Know
10-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Id rather we signed a player on a decent wage, with a proven track record that will make an immediate impact on the team.

500miles
10-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Id rather we signed a player on a decent wage, with a proven track record that will make an immediate impact on the team.

Ewan got appearances for Celtic under Rodgers I think, over his brother. He may well make an immediate impact at a non OF team.

Brightside
10-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Ewan got appearances for Celtic under Rodgers I think, over his brother. He may well make an immediate impact at a non OF team.

Did he make much of an impact with other teams. I’m sure he played against us for Ross C and didn’t shine in any way.

500miles
10-11-2021, 12:34 PM
Did he make much of an impact with other teams. I’m sure he played against us for Ross C and didn’t shine in any way.

I think he was 18 at Ross County, in a team battling relegation. Not a great platform for a young, attack minded player.

PatHead
10-11-2021, 12:36 PM
Fits our signing profile. Young, Scottish, sell on potential, known to Jack Ross.

Only thing missing is a St Mirren connection.😁
Suppose we could send him on loan there.

Unseen work
10-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Based on what I’ve seen I’d take a punt on him.

Still going and plenty time to develop.

He was never going to be overly successful at a struggling Ross County team

McD
10-11-2021, 07:54 PM
I’d certainly like us to take a look at him, we’re hardly overflowing with attacking options at the moment, nor are we seeing a highly functioning midfield.

Middleton hardly pulled up any trees in his spell with us and others, yet he’s been doing better for st Johnstone.

I'm sure we could do a lot worse than Henderson

04Sauzee
10-11-2021, 08:28 PM
Only remember seeing him the once last season as Dunfermline were absolutely battered by Raith Rovers 5-1, the likes of Regan Hendry, Jamie Gullan , Kai Kennedy and Louis Vaughn looked far superior.

Nicho87
10-11-2021, 09:55 PM
Is there actual any link at all, or is it just cause he’s Liam Henderson’s brother?

If he’s good enough yes.

Currently we can’t take punts , we’re not good enough.

Centre Hawf
11-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Obviously people at the club will have seen enough of him in the development games to work out if he's someone with a high enough ceiling to make it at a level like us so I'll yield to their knowledge and thoughts.

But from what I remember he was well thought of and people liked the look of him whenever he played for Celtic but as others have said he's not really seemed to grab many opportunities while on loan, but at 21 a change of scenery and a chance to make an impression on someone for a season or 2 could do him well. His ability to probably be able to play wide and through the middle would be quite valuable to us on the basis that our squad is quite thin and no one from the academy at the moment seems to be filling in the gaps in our squad.

thebausburst
11-11-2021, 11:56 AM
I think he’s a perfect signing for our ‘model’.

lyonhibs
11-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Is there actual any link at all, or is it just cause he’s Liam Henderson’s brother?

If he’s good enough yes.

Currently we can’t take punts , we’re not good enough.

If we're not a good enough team for "punts" what makes you think experienced, skillful, established first XI players are going to be pulling up trees to join us?

Obviously I don't think there has been any connection beyond the OP initial question, but there's lots of other categories of players I'd class as punts before Ewan Henderson

HendoDelivered
11-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Yep defo take him

Nicho87
11-11-2021, 04:40 PM
If we're not a good enough team for "punts" what makes you think experienced, skillful, established first XI players are going to be pulling up trees to join us?

Obviously I don't think there has been any connection beyond the OP initial question, but there's lots of other categories of players I'd class as punts before Ewan Henderson

Nathan Wood
McKay
James Scott

All young, all no where near the first team.

I just think we need players that can come in and challenge for a first team place instantly. Not drip fed in and rest again.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-11-2021, 09:38 PM
Dylan Tait coming in from Raith in January plays a similar position. I’d imagine we have plans for Tait that would make this unlikely

JimBHibees
12-11-2021, 06:14 AM
Dylan Tait coming in from Raith in January plays a similar position. I’d imagine we have plans for Tait that would make this unlikely

Completely forgot about him looks a decent prospect. Think it is right he isn't able to play in Derby because of an agreement with Raith will be interesting to see if he can make the step up.

500miles
12-11-2021, 08:31 AM

I think if we want to dominate hame we need more dynamic players like Magennis, Tait and Henderson. We are really sluggish in the middle of the park as things stand.

jacomo
12-11-2021, 01:46 PM
Nathan Wood
McKay
James Scott

All young, all no where near the first team.

I just think we need players that can come in and challenge for a first team place instantly. Not drip fed in and rest again.

McKay’s been injured. He could well have been playing a lot more.