PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

CJHibby
07-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Our rivals doing well, playing entertaining football to full capacities..Jack Ross..over to you..:flag:

easty
07-11-2021, 10:54 AM
**** what they’re doing.

CJHibby
07-11-2021, 10:59 AM
We don't need to like it but that's what we are judged by. JR's remit is to at least finish above your rivals.

easty
07-11-2021, 11:49 AM
We don't need to like it but that's what we are judged by. JR's remit is to at least finish above your rivals.

It’s not how I judge us.

Ringothedog
07-11-2021, 11:50 AM

Hibernian have never been and never will be defined or judged by what that lot do. Going by your nonsense if they finish 10th you are happy to finish 9th. What a lot of crap 💩

Hiber-nation
07-11-2021, 12:06 PM
Our rivals doing well, playing entertaining football to full capacities..Jack Ross..over to you..:flag:

Weird behaviour starting a thread about how well that lot are playing, very strange.

HendoDelivered
07-11-2021, 12:08 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

sleeping giant
07-11-2021, 12:20 PM
Deary me 😂

Brightside
07-11-2021, 12:22 PM

See this is what gets on my wick. It’s just petty tribalism. We are not judged by what they do apart from a small percentage of our fan base that care more about Hearts than the team we are supporting. Add to that the fan base that wish we were more like them. It’s just weird behaviour.

heretoday
07-11-2021, 12:27 PM

Hibs should be like greyhounds out of the traps next match.

07-11-2021, 12:57 PM
The squad has been decimated due to Covid-19. Some staff have it too, so quite possibly Jack Ross is one of them. We haven't even been playing and yet people are finding/inventing reasons to criticise. I am okay with criticism of the players and management but the reasons are just getting more and more tenuous. Last week it was because Livingston got a draw with Celtic and now it is because Hearts got a good result.

We have no idea how seriously ill any of the staff or players are so maybe we could at least wait until we are playing again before dreaming up reasons to start new threads on what is essentially the same topic that has been done to death.

marinello59
07-11-2021, 01:07 PM

You want him to cure Covid then? :greengrin

Aldo
07-11-2021, 01:58 PM
I really do wonder!

Who gives a **** about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
07-11-2021, 02:03 PM
It’s not how I judge us.

Well ye should. This should be our top priority and anyone who says otherwise is part of our problem.

Embarrassing 😳

Weegreenman
07-11-2021, 02:05 PM
See this is what gets on my wick. It’s just petty tribalism. We are not judged by what they do apart from a small percentage of our fan base that care more about Hearts than the team we are supporting. Add to that the fan base that wish we were more like them. It’s just weird behaviour.

It’s the same all over the world and it’s your behaviour that’s just plain weird if you as me.

I want to beat them every single day of the week and twice on Sunday

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2021, 02:07 PM
Remember when they started well a few years back and finished below Heckys Hibs :faf:

Remember when Livi were gonna finish above us last season :faf:

Not worried about Hearts. Maybe if they'd went at won at Ibrox or Aberdeen, but they'll fall soon enough. Win our 2 in hand and batter them at new year, problem solved.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-11-2021, 02:09 PM
What were the expectations for Jack Ross last season when Hearts really were in a different league to us?

B.H.F.C
07-11-2021, 02:23 PM

Remember the whole ‘this is our city’ thing that came from the club in the summer. I don’t think it’s just supporters that put an emphasis on finishing above them going in to this season.

Since452
07-11-2021, 02:40 PM

Their first win in ages but we should use them as an example?

Libby Hibby
07-11-2021, 02:48 PM
F@&£ the Hertz

chrisski33
07-11-2021, 03:09 PM
Remember the whole ‘this is our city’ thing that came from the club in the summer. I don’t think it’s just supporters that put an emphasis on finishing above them going in to this season.
whilst the "this is our city" thing was a good promo i think its just made them across the city more pushed to finish ahead of us. certainly not proving its our city this season so far!

Rumble de Thump
07-11-2021, 04:23 PM
whilst the "this is our city" thing was a good promo i think its just made them across the city more pushed to finish ahead of us. certainly not proving its our city this season so far!

I doubt they'll have any interest in our promotional campaigns. We've suffered with long term injuries to key players and have now been hit with major COVID disruption. Once we've overcome these problems we'll be back in businesses. Players are coming back from injury, we already know our squad and first team will be strengthened at the end of the year, and we'll likely bring in further reinforcements.

MagicHibernian
07-11-2021, 08:12 PM
Remember when they started well a few years back and finished below Heckys Hibs :faf:

Remember when Livi were gonna finish above us last season :faf:

Not worried about Hearts. Maybe if they'd went at won at Ibrox or Aberdeen, but they'll fall soon enough. Win our 2 in hand and batter them at new year, problem solved.

Based on recent results can we really be confident that we will take maximum points from our games in hand?

After watching the highlights of yesterdays games I'm worried for the New Year's derby...

ancient hibee
07-11-2021, 08:13 PM
Based on recent results can we really be confident that we will take maximum points from our games in hand?

After watching the highlights of yesterdays games I'm worried for the New Year's derby...

Surely not.

MagicHibernian
07-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Surely not.

Put it this way, Dundee United's recent games against us and them don't fill me with confidence for the derby... I wish they were still in the Championship and we never had to play them again to be honest.

ancient hibee
07-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Put it this way, Dundee United's recent games against us and them don't fill me with confidence for the derby... I wish they were still in the Championship and we never had to play them again to be honest.

Deary me.

lord bunberry
07-11-2021, 08:21 PM
Aye right then. :rolleyes:

green day
07-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Hearts haven't finished above us in the premiership for several years.

They haven't won the league cup for over 60 years.

Some really questionable posts on this and another thread today.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2021, 08:22 PM

Another one!

Aldo
07-11-2021, 08:23 PM

Games against Hearts don’t define our season though. It does help however our aim is to finish as high up the league as possible so for me that’s 3rd maybe second if we get lucky. It’s not always about beating them!

Would you take 2/3 if we only beat them once?

green day
07-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Games against Hearts don’t define our season though. It does help however our aim is to finish as high up the league as possible so for me that’s 3rd maybe second if we get lucky. It’s not always about beating them!

Would you take 2/3 if we only beat them once?

You will confuse him by using the word "them".

Aldo
07-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Hearts haven't finished above us in the premiership for several years.

They haven't won the league cup for over 60 years.

Some really questionable posts on this and another thread today.

Your last sentence is something I mentioned earlier! Leagues wrapped up let’s go and try and rub it in…..

Aldo
07-11-2021, 08:25 PM
You will confuse him by using the word "them".

Silly me [emoji38]

07-11-2021, 08:52 PM

At it.

Weegreenman
08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
I’d rather we beat Hearts four times a season than finishing third.

We finished third last season and I can honestly say I didn’t get very much satisfaction from doing so.

Beating them is a massive thing in my book and the fact that our derby record is so poor makes me think that my fellow Hibees try and palm off the significance of a derby win.

I’d also add that finishing above them means everything for me and the fact we have done so over the last few years is something to brag about with my Jambo mates!

Hopefully we can get our act together soon and pile the pressure on them because if you were to read a certain thread on Kickback, you’d be forgiven in thinking that they’d already finished above us.

It’s still early in the season and I think Hearts will eventually be found out.

Stuart93
08-11-2021, 10:22 AM
I’d rather we beat Hearts four times a season than finishing third.

We finished third last season and I can honestly say I didn’t get very much satisfaction from doing so.

Beating them is a massive thing in my book and the fact that our derby record is so poor makes me think that my fellow Hibees try and palm off the significance of a derby win.

I’d also add that finishing above them means everything for me and the fact we have done so over the last few years is something to brag about with my Jambo mates!

Hopefully we can get our act together soon and pile the pressure on them because if you were to read a certain thread on Kickback, you’d be forgiven in thinking that they’d already finished above us.

It’s still early in the season and I think Hearts will eventually be found out.

I enjoy the rivalry and I also believe we should always be looking to better them but beating hearts 4 times a season over 3rd does nothing for the club in terms of establishing ourselves as European contenders etc.

We could beat hearts 4 times in a season and be relegated? I’d much rather finish third than beat hearts and finish 6th/7th/8th

B.H.F.C
08-11-2021, 10:29 AM
I enjoy the rivalry and I also believe we should always be looking to better them but beating hearts 4 times a season over 3rd does nothing for the club in terms of establishing ourselves as European contenders etc.

We could beat hearts 4 times in a season and be relegated? I’d much rather finish third than beat hearts and finish 6th/7th/8th

I think the two go hand in hand. More often than not, if we finish above Hearts we’ll be there or thereabouts for a European place IMO (I know the last couple of years is a bit of an exception).

This year, we’re going to need to better them in the head to heads to finish above them I think.

Stuart93
08-11-2021, 10:53 AM
I think the two go hand in hand. More often than not, if we finish above Hearts we’ll be there or thereabouts for a European place IMO (I know the last couple of years is a bit of an exception).

This year, we’re going to need to better them in the head to heads to finish above them I think.

You think? I reckon both teams are more than capable of losing points in other games for it to come down to our head to heads defining where we both finish

My main gripe was treating the derbies as the be all and end all at the expense of a European place

B.H.F.C
08-11-2021, 11:06 AM
You think? I reckon both teams are more than capable of losing points in other games for it to come down to our head to heads defining where we both finish

My main gripe was treating the derbies as the be all and end all at the expense of a European place

This year, with the lead they have on us, I think we’re going to need to take more points from them than they do from us to finish above them yeah.

I don’t think Hearts are brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but by the time we play again in the league they’re going to be anywhere from 9-12 points ahead. It’s fine having the games in hand but we’ll need to go on a good run to cut that down by the time we play.