PDA

View Full Version : League table on a specific date.

05-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is a site that tells you where Hibs were in the league on a certain date?

Just watched Hibs beat Aberdeen 3-1 at home in February 1994 on YouTube and wondered how far Hibs were off top after Gerry McNee said they can't afford to lose any more ground.

Lancs Harp
05-11-2021, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if there is a site that tells you where Hibs were in the league on a certain date?

Just watched Hibs beat Aberdeen 3-1 at home in February 1994 on YouTube and wondered how far Hibs were off top after Gerry McNee said they can't afford to lose any more ground.

try this

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=1964-02-25&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_end=2018&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2018-04-20&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar=&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=25&played_month=02&played_year=1964&submit=Submit

05-11-2021, 10:14 PM
try this

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=1964-02-25&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_end=2018&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2018-04-20&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar=&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=25&played_month=02&played_year=1964&submit=Submit

Perfect, thanks.
Hibs were right in the mix for the title in February even though it was two points for a win.

Under rated how good the 93-94 team was, had a good season all things considered.

FromLeithtoNZ
05-11-2021, 11:00 PM
Perfect, thanks.
Hibs were right in the mix for the title in February even though it was two points for a win.

Under rated how good the 93-94 team was, had a good season all things considered.

Keith Wright was absolutely brilliant at that point. Sadly, just another one of those seasons where you dare to dream then end up mid table.

Wheat Hound
05-11-2021, 11:46 PM
I'm sure we played at Ibrox next but lost 2-0. Think we were fairly close to them prior.

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Perfect, thanks.

2 points for a win makes it easier to stay in touch.

Keith_M
06-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Keith Wright was absolutely brilliant at that point. Sadly, just another one of those seasons where you dare to dream then end up mid table.

I think we finished third the following season, one(?) point behind Motherwell.

Third place and didn't get a European spot :rolleyes:

LaMotta
06-11-2021, 08:17 PM

:agree: We were far better than Hearts ( according to the league table) but failed to beat them on 5 occasions. Mad how bad the derby record was back then.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-11-2021, 06:31 PM
I remember 93/94 was a strange season, Oldco Huns won the league despite failing to win exactly half of their games, losing their last 3 games I think, including one at Easter Rd, when they effectively clinched the title due to Aberdeen dropping points same night.

Speedy
08-11-2021, 06:59 AM
Hard to fathom Celtic being out of the top 2 for what, 7 years?

Smartie
08-11-2021, 07:07 AM
I remember 93/94 was a strange season, Oldco Huns won the league despite failing to win exactly half of their games, losing their last 3 games I think, including one at Easter Rd, when they effectively clinched the title due to Aberdeen dropping points same night.

I remember thinking we were going to win the league.

We started the season really well and played some brilliant stuff at times but tailed off badly and also had our share of grim performances and results.

Gordon Hunter was sent off for a tangle with Hateley in the defeat at Ibrox mentioned above. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed and it put him out of the big cup game with Hearts the following week - still the most painful defeat in my time following Hibs.

We stuttered along for a bit after that. Our first XI that season was really good but it lacked a bit in depth and we’d tend to struggle if a first pick was out, particularly if it was someone as important as Hunter.

JeMeSouviens
08-11-2021, 08:31 AM
I remember thinking we were going to win the league.

We started the season really well and played some brilliant stuff at times but tailed off badly and also had our share of grim performances and results.

Gordon Hunter was sent off for being rugby tackled by Hateley in the defeat at Ibrox mentioned above. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed and it put him out of the big cup game with Hearts the following week - still the most painful defeat in my time following Hibs.

We stuttered along for a bit after that. Our first XI that season was really good but it lacked a bit in depth and we’d tend to struggle if a first pick was out, particularly if it was someone as important as Hunter.

ftfy. :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
08-11-2021, 08:32 AM

Was this the Danny Lennon's finest hour game? I really thought he was going to come onto a game at that point but it never really happened. :dunno:

08-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Was this the Danny Lennon's finest hour game? I really thought he was going to come onto a game at that point but it never really happened. :dunno:

Yes, he scored or made a good goal in that game. Posted the link below. It's worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/lBI4ris_3pA

Smartie
08-11-2021, 09:19 AM

Did he not have a couple of them?

Popped up and was superb against Aberdeen a couple of times, with a couple of years in between? Looked like he was going to be a cracking player but didn't get much of a chance.

Then went to Raith and was a really good player for them.

JeMeSouviens
08-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Yes, he scored or made a good goal in that game. Posted the link below. It's worth a watch.

:aok:

Blast from the past. I'd forgotten about that Lee Richardson, manky get.

JeMeSouviens
08-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Did he not have a couple of them?

Popped up and was superb against Aberdeen a couple of times, with a couple of years in between? Looked like he was going to be a cracking player but didn't get much of a chance.

Then went to Raith and was a really good player for them.

:agree: Scored v Bayern Munich. I suppose he wasn't going to get much of a chance for us with O'Neill and Crunchie playing so well.

CyberSauzee
08-11-2021, 01:41 PM

thanks for posting that link, nostalgic seeing ER like that.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2021, 01:55 PM
What became the Famous 5 stand looks sparse.

Smartie
08-11-2021, 02:31 PM
That's weird.

I could have sworn we wore the Mitre strips with Calor gas on the front that season. That's definitely the strip I associate with us playing well with Wright, Jackson, O'Neill and McAllister in the team.

I didn't realise McAllister even played for us with that Bukta kit on.

There you go. I'm a year out.

Was Pat McGinlay at Celtic that year then?