PDA

View Full Version : hibs.net asks: Ben Kensell

Vault Boy
05-11-2021, 06:47 PM
We're pleased to share that Hibernian's new CEO, Ben Kensell, will be joining us on the next episode of hibs.pod.

This is now the opportunity to suggest some questions, themes, or topics you'd like to see discussed during the interview.

As usual, we can't cover everything, but will try to include what we can.

Fire away. :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2021, 06:53 PM
Is he ready for the scrutiny of his social media history that his statement the other day will have kickstarted?

SaulGoodman
05-11-2021, 06:55 PM
Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

LaMotta
05-11-2021, 06:57 PM
I'd be interested to know what consideration is being given to making the stadium and atmosphere more imposing for opposition teams and help the fans create as much atmosphere as possible to help the team to victory.

For example how likely is the introduction of safe standing anytime soon and what can we do in the short term to help fill the bottom tier of the Famous Five stand - a key part of the stadium that is picked up by the TV cameras and currently portrays the club in a less positive light than if it were full.

CJHibby
05-11-2021, 07:00 PM
I think Ben was right to call out said gentleman. Is he a True man or a True Blue Man?? 🤔

Greencore
05-11-2021, 07:01 PM
Who's your favourite English team?

brianmc
05-11-2021, 07:12 PM
Do you regret using the phrase 'the blue side of Glasgow'?

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you dislike Hearts?

Were you annoyed when daddy bought a Scottish football team with your inheritance?

That last one's a peach! Care to explain it?

AliboyFC
05-11-2021, 07:19 PM
What are the next plans to upgrade easter road?

Mikey_1875
05-11-2021, 07:22 PM
How happy were you with the summer transfer window and can you give us an insight into the new recruitment strategy now Mathie has left?

Bostonhibby
05-11-2021, 07:32 PM
How do you want to harness the donations fans make to the club through HSL going forward?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

18Craig75
05-11-2021, 07:32 PM
The famous five stand doesn’t work as a family area anymore. It’s empty 90% of the time, looks horrendous on TV and adds nothing to the atmosphere.

Is there any genuine appetite to improve the atmosphere and therefore the “match day experience” at Easter road? And if so will you be a CEO that works with fans groups; not against, in order to create a better atmosphere on match days. Families obviously need to be housed and encouraged in order to get the next generation involved and hooked but the current arrangements are outdated and not really fit for purpose.

stantonhibby
05-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Will 'Behind The Goals' be re-opening this season?

CJHibby
05-11-2021, 07:36 PM
What I like about characters like Mr. Trueman is..would he have called the papers if he'd seen a couple of Gers players not wearing a mask..I think not...and if not he's lower than a snail's testicles in my eyes :grr:

04Sauzee
05-11-2021, 07:38 PM
Where are we with plans for a full sized indoor training pitch/facility? Or is this on the back burner due to the impact of covid on finances.

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Any update on when the business interruption insurance pays out?

Kato
05-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?Never been a dilemma that's occurred to me but now, I'm deep in thought.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
05-11-2021, 07:52 PM
Mentioned above..

Could we change the FF into safe standing area and making it more affordable to attend (basically so it’s full every week - even for non Cat A games and relocate the family section.

Any plans to use the space behind the East Stand ? Hibs museum / cafe / memorial.

Are we still getting electronic ribbons at the stadium ?

Any plans to bring back a rewards / loyalty points system? Other clubs have simple systems which seem to work.

Can we stop over crowding when away fans come to the south stand and reduce Hearts allocation in the corners next to home fans like they do to us at PBS.

flash
05-11-2021, 07:55 PM

Were you annoyed when daddy bought a Scottish football team with your inheritance?
Utterly bizarre.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Do you think the game is corrupt or that’s there’s any bias against us?

PolmontHibby
05-11-2021, 08:10 PM
2 sort of related questions

Other than Glasgow Derby, why do the fans of RanTic not have to suffer their home games being moved for live TV.
Do Hibs and other teams get some kind of financial kick back for them getting this, and if not why does it happen?

Does he believe it is a good thing that less than 50% of home games are on a Saturday.

Hiber-nation
05-11-2021, 08:12 PM
Utterly bizarre.

Thought it was just me. Bevvy taken maybe.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2021, 08:14 PM
Thought it was just me. Bevvy taken maybe.

Think he's got mixed up with Ron Gordon's laddie.

matty_f
05-11-2021, 08:30 PM
What are his top 3 priorities at Hibs?

bigwheel
05-11-2021, 08:35 PM
What are his top 3 priorities at Hibs?

Hopefully, the League, Scottish and the League Cup [emoji6][emoji108].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
05-11-2021, 10:11 PM
Does he think all footballers should be fully vaccinated

1875godsgift
05-11-2021, 11:31 PM
Never been a dilemma that's occurred to me but now, I'm deep in thought.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

:agree: I presume you'd have to fight 100 duck-sized horses all at once, which would mean they'd be coming at you from all angles.

Very tricky, but at least they can't fly. The horse-sized duck on the other hand......

Torto7
05-11-2021, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the excellent statement, it's encouraging that the club's aware that their are indeed people in Scottish society who actively want to harm us and they do indeed come from the blue side of Glasgow and all that that entails.

Looking at the club moving forward, I was a big fan of the club membership schemes that the Australian sporting scene uses when I lived there. It's essentially a season ticket plus. merchandise, meet the players training days etc. Are you familiar with the scheme and if so would you be willing to look at the option of having club memberships like that at Easter Road. Thanks.

The 90+2
06-11-2021, 12:15 AM
Ben, most of us, supporters of Hibernian Football Club obviously wish you well and see how you got on board and engaged with the support of the last team you left for us, at a time we are looking for inspiration ( I think I think for many) what plans have you in place to improve or replicate the position the position you fill from our former?

Leeann Dempster was extremely successful for our club and was the first senior member I can remember since big Malky to have the majority backing of the support. My question would be if possible: Ben what have you you in mind to take us to the next level? All the luck in the world mate.

AngloHibs
06-11-2021, 05:57 AM
:agree: I presume you'd have to fight 100 duck-sized horses all at once, which would mean they'd be coming at you from all angles.

Very tricky, but at least they can't fly. The horse-sized duck on the other hand......

I'd like to see the omelette made with the horse-sized duck's egg.

Since452
06-11-2021, 06:05 AM
Can there be a survey for season ticket holders and fans on the database about how to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road? For example, there seems to be an appetite for a safe standing/singing section in the FF lower. It would be good to get the fans input on it.

Forza Fred
06-11-2021, 06:14 AM
Will you ensure that purchases from the club shop are zero rated for VAT as the 20% VAT charge is not applicable to overseas customers, yet due to software problems we still have to stump up.

On top of a £20 postage charge that is.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2021, 06:44 AM
What are your plans to re-engage and grow the support as we emerge from COVID and what are the challenges?

Do we now have the right tools in place to engage and understand the supporterbase (a single database that is reasonably maintained for a start)?

what is the nature of our relationship with Brighton? Seems a bit quiet.

With out demands for energy, if we installed solar panels could we be a net contributor to the grid (and make money after payback?)

tmb1875
06-11-2021, 07:16 AM
All the things above are nice, but top priority number 1 should be for Ben and the football department doing everything in their power to bring in 3 quality starters: striker, centre mid, centre half, 1 of which being a captain. being greedy a keeper aswell. Will this be addressed in January so we have a decent shot at 3rd? I think it’s worth spending a good chunk of cash that we have in the bank for the riches 3rd will bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
06-11-2021, 07:20 AM
Will 'Behind The Goals' be re-opening this season?

Heard there was a plan to make more hospitality in the west stand and move the current offices (not sure where they will go).

Not sure if that’s started or will be happening in near future.

bingo70
06-11-2021, 07:30 AM
All the things above are nice, but top priority number 1 should be for Ben and the football department doing everything in their power to bring in 3 quality starters: striker, centre mid, centre half, 1 of which being a captain. being greedy a keeper aswell. Will this be addressed in January so we have a decent shot at 3rd? I think it’s worth spending a good chunk of cash that we have in the bank for the riches 3rd will bring.

I think I can guess his answer to that.

Pointless asking a question like that.

Jay
06-11-2021, 07:36 AM
I'd like to know how he feels the rising cost of tickets will impact attendances, especially families and is it something Hibs are aware is happening .

bigwheel
06-11-2021, 07:38 AM
Why do the Hibs ownership and board not seem to care or support HSL in any way ?

tmb1875
06-11-2021, 07:56 AM
I think I can guess his answer to that.

Pointless asking a question like that.

No asking you to guess tho mate. Asking the question to be fielded to the ceo.

Heisenberg
06-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Was there a feeling of disappointment after the summer transfer window and do you feel suitably prepared for January given the recent changes in the recruitment department?

Also, is Ian Gordon the head of recruitment? :greengrin

Nicho87
06-11-2021, 08:27 AM
Easter Road crowds seem to be dwindling.
COVID will be a part of this. What is the plan to get more fans that are sitting on the fence back to home games?

Also when can we start returning the favour of not allowing rangers or Celtic fans in at Easter road?

Keith_M
06-11-2021, 08:59 AM
That last one's a peach! Care to explain it?

I thought it might be funny?

:dunno:

Keith_M
06-11-2021, 09:01 AM
The famous five stand doesn’t work as a family area anymore. It’s empty 90% of the time, looks horrendous on TV and adds nothing to the atmosphere.

Is there any genuine appetite to improve the atmosphere and therefore the “match day experience” at Easter road? And if so will you be a CEO that works with fans groups; not against, in order to create a better atmosphere on match days. Families obviously need to be housed and encouraged in order to get the next generation involved and hooked but the current arrangements are outdated and not really fit for purpose.

That's not a question, it's a long statement with your point of view.

Lendo
06-11-2021, 09:11 AM

Eh?

Eyrie
06-11-2021, 09:33 AM
After the successful derby, will we see our women's team play more often at Easter Road?

May21/05/16
06-11-2021, 10:08 AM
I would like ben to pass on my best wishes to Ron as I think he's doing a great job so far and tell Ron to just ignore all the negative post about him on all social media platforms

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
06-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

Is a horse scientifically 100 times the size of a duck?

Smartie
06-11-2021, 10:51 AM
I have an eyewitness report of Brian Trueman spilling Ben's pint, chatting up his bird and commenting on his mum making a crap breakfast.

Please ask him what he plans to do about it.

Iain G
06-11-2021, 10:57 AM
Has he found the tanning salons in Edinburgh to be as good as Norwich?

overdrive
06-11-2021, 11:00 AM
Has he found the tanning salons in Edinburgh to be as good as Norwich?

Och I was about to post that too :faf:

Allant1981
06-11-2021, 11:06 AM
I thought it might be funny?

:dunno:

Might(wouldnt have been) have been if it was ron gordons laddie

Kato
06-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Is a horse scientifically 100 times the size of a duck?

Yes.

Greencore
06-11-2021, 11:25 AM
When are you going to lower season ticket prices so more can attend games? Works in Germany. Our crowd has been terrible this season.

Brightside
06-11-2021, 11:30 AM
That's not a question, it's a long statement with your point of view.

Did you miss the question mark?

pollution
06-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Big one for me: will you publish the attendance at ER ie the number of people at the game, not seats sold ?

A real pet peeve for me. Has been for years !

Real Emerald
06-11-2021, 11:42 AM
Get Behind the goals bar back and run it properly. 👍

JohnMcM
06-11-2021, 11:46 AM
What or who kickstarts the recruitment process, and what is that process. Thank you.

Hermit Crab
06-11-2021, 12:00 PM
Why were commercial and finance directors appointed and shareholders not advised ?

Why was Ron Gordons son appointed as Head of Recruitment according to the official website, then it was removed ?

If Ron’s son does have that role , why do the board feel he is suitably qualified?

Why are walk up prices so high eg £35?

Based on walk up prices are you planning to increase our over priced season tickets ?

Why is behind the goals still closed ?

Why do you give little notice when tickets go on sale?

Why don’t we have an attendance points scheme for tickets?

Whose decision was it to start the season with two centre forwards?

Why do the board think it’s ethical to take money off HSL and not give shares in return ?

When will you allow fans to buy / transfer small amounts of shares eg ?

Why is the Hibs 100 board still not been reinstated after several years of being taken down ? It’s disrespectful to the fans that donated cash

.Sean.
06-11-2021, 12:52 PM
Why were commercial and finance directors appointed and shareholders not advised ?

Why was Ron Gordons son appointed as Head of Recruitment according to the official website, then it was removed ?

If Ron’s son does have that role , why do the board feel he is suitably qualified?

Based on walk up prices are you planning to increase our over priced season tickets ?

Why do the board think it’s ethical to take money off HSL and not give shares in return ?

Why is the Hibs 100 board still not been reinstated after several years of being taken down ? It’s disrespectful to the fans that donated cash
All good points

nickwhibs
06-11-2021, 12:59 PM

Some very good questions there

Since90+2
06-11-2021, 01:04 PM

Not one positive question in there. I'm shocked.

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2021, 01:12 PM

Maybe not but most if not all are relevant and good questions. BK won’t be coming on expecting it to be easy questions.

GreenCastle
06-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Famous Five lower - safe standing and community stand.

Basically cheaper prices to make sure it’s full EVERY GAME with atmosphere.

Since90+2
06-11-2021, 01:17 PM
Maybe not but most if not all are relevant and good questions. BK won’t be coming on expecting it to be easy questions.

I don't think he's expecting it to be easy but atleast ask some questions that can result in a positive answer. They are all framed to create conflict.

Bridge hibs
06-11-2021, 01:28 PM
I love the FF lower and my kids do, I appreciate it has been under populated over the past few seasons, what plans do you have to revive it and encourage more families to use it ?

I am aware of the phrase ‘use it or lose it’ I also appreciate its a void that needs filled for the betterment of atmosphere, are there discussions/plans afoot to remedy this ?

Ps - Im happy to be accommodated to a suitable area so no complaints if that was to happen

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2021, 01:29 PM
I don't think he's expecting it to be easy but atleast ask some questions that can result in a positive answer. They are all framed to create conflict.

There’s some on this thread already. The guys will mix it up
I’m sure.

Stuart93
06-11-2021, 01:30 PM

Or ask questions that you want answers to

I’d be putting the question to him regarding money going to hibs from HSL/Hibernian Supporters & why they get next to no consistent exposure from the club? It’s free money.

The 90+2
06-11-2021, 01:49 PM

All very good questions that shouldn't be ignored. Apathy already kicking in.

SON OF PADDY
06-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Can I ask if you will consider making the away support stay behind after category A matches,as someone who sits in the west stand it infuriating having to wait until the away support have dispersed before you can make your way towards the retail park car park.
If it's good enough for other clubs to keep away support back,why can't Hibs do this?

Iain G
06-11-2021, 01:53 PM

Would you rather answer one question from a hermit crab the size of a horse dressed as a duck, or from 100 hermit crabs, dressed as ducks, sitting on top of a horse?

Jay
06-11-2021, 01:58 PM

Feel free to add some positive questions. The more there are to choose from the more of a mix the guys will get.

bod
06-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Hibs fans at south end of the west stand were sheltering in the concourse from the rain whilst waiting for the Celtic fans to disperse before the gates were opened were told to wait outside as the exit doors were closing.
How could they not let folk take shelter until the gates opened ?

Glory Lurker
06-11-2021, 02:14 PM
IF Sevco is getting tickets above us in the south at the semi (1) how is this allowed? (2) what arrangements are in place to ensure the safety of the Hibs support?

I know this is based on rumours so could well be jumping the gun.

Spike Mandela
06-11-2021, 02:14 PM
What does he think he brings to the job that will improve Hibs year on year?

Greencore
06-11-2021, 02:24 PM
Do you plan to lock out the rangers fans from Easter Road, like rangers done to us at ibrox?

Smartie
06-11-2021, 02:53 PM

Every single one is an opportunity for the club to provide an answer from their perspective, win us over and help get us on board with what they’re doing.

If they’ve got good answers, they’ve got nothing to worry about.

If they’ve not then that validates completely that the questions needed asking.

Since90+2
06-11-2021, 03:00 PM
Every single one is an opportunity for the club to provide an answer from their perspective, win us over and help get us on board with what they’re doing.

If they’ve got good answers, they’ve got nothing to worry about.

If they’ve not then that validates completely that the questions needed asking.

I suspect whatever answers are provided they won't be acceptable to certain people and will use it to create ongoing conflict.

The way the questions are put are clearly very obviously confrontational.

Andy74
06-11-2021, 03:00 PM
All very good questions that shouldn't be ignored. Apathy already kicking in.

There’s ways to get answers to things. Imposing your own opinion and judgement and presenting them in a passive aggressive manner isn’t the best way!

Out of all those, some might be able to be answered if articulated in a different way.

Are there any plans to reopen Behind the Goals or a similar facility?

Could the new club structure be explained, including the recruitment team and how this operates?

Were you disappointed with the last transfer window and are there plans to add further to the squad in January?

Can you explain how decisions on pricing and ticketing are made and would a loyalty or membership scheme be considered again?

Are there plans for the club to do more to encourage more supporters to join HSL?

The owner currently doesn’t want to sell any of his shareholding to fans but would the club consider allowing private transfers again?

Keith_M
06-11-2021, 03:04 PM
There’s ways to get answers to things. Imposing your own opinion and judgement and presenting them in a passive aggressive manner isn’t the best way!

:agree:

The list posted earlier were in no way genuine questions.

They were leading question with the sole intent of making complaints

bingo70
06-11-2021, 03:33 PM

Out of all those, some might be able to be answered if articulated in a different way.

Could the new club structure be explained, including the recruitment team and how this operates?

Were you disappointed with the last transfer window and are there plans to add further to the squad in January?

Can you explain how decisions on pricing and ticketing are made and would a loyalty or membership scheme be considered again?

Are there plans for the club to do more to encourage more supporters to join HSL?

The owner currently doesn’t want to sell any of his shareholding to fans but would the club consider allowing private transfers again?

I think the list of questions from Hermit are fair.

How to articulate those questions given to BK in order to get the best response is up to the person conducting the interview, not Hermit.

tamig
06-11-2021, 03:46 PM
In what ways have your views of Scottish football changed - positively or negatively - since you arrived here? How do you see the Scottish football landscape looking in 5 years time?

Smartie
06-11-2021, 03:48 PM

I think this is fair.

They are questions worth asking but as you say, they might benefit from having a few of the sharper edges knocked off.

I wouldn’t be against some challenging follow up questions being readied though.

tamig
06-11-2021, 03:53 PM
IF Sevco is getting tickets above us in the south at the semi (1) how is this allowed? (2) what arrangements are in place to ensure the safety of the Hibs support?

I know this is based on rumours so could well be jumping the gun.

Where has this rumour come from? We were selling tickets for the South Upper above where we’re sitting.

CMurdoch
06-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Easter Road crowds seem to be dwindling.
COVID will be a part of this. What is the plan to get more fans that are sitting on the fence back to home games?

Also when can we start returning the favour of not allowing rangers or Celtic fans in at Easter road?

Answer - When we can consistently sell out the stadium to our own supporters so no time soon.

500miles
06-11-2021, 04:10 PM
With the removal of backroom staff that contributed to a relatively consistent period of success since 2016, what structures and key figures have been put in place with a long term brief to carry on that good work?

Despite an strong recent record of regular trips to hampden and our highest league finish in nearly 20 years, are you concerned about the prevealance of apathy and negativity since supporters have been allowed back into stadiums?

Pretty Boy
06-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all the questions so far, a lot of them are along the same lines as I was thinking which is always a positive.

There is certainly no plan to shy away from asking challenging questions. Ultimately BK is giving up his time to be interviewed by us so remaining polite and courteous is a given. That doesn't mean avoiding tricky subjects though. Issues such as the new structure at the club and the lack of communication around it, accepting money from fans through the HSL whilst doing little to engage with it and the atmosphere and plans to improve it are all things I would like to discuss. I think fans engagement in general has regressed a bit so hopefully we hear some positive noises around reversing that trend.

Keep them coming.

The Baldmans Comb
06-11-2021, 04:38 PM
Hibs are now owned by an American family and run by an English person both of which give many benefits in the form of experience and a fresh outlook.

Do you think this dilutes the unique nature of Scottish football though in that Hibs fans might not be as receptive to your new corporate model as you may have thought.?

Glory Lurker
06-11-2021, 04:55 PM
Where has this rumour come from? We were selling tickets for the South Upper above where we’re sitting.

The semi finals tickets thread. Looks like it's nonsense.

marinello59
06-11-2021, 05:54 PM
I think the list of questions from Hermit are fair.

How to articulate those questions given to BK in order to get the best response is up to the person conducting the interview, not Hermit.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
06-11-2021, 06:05 PM

I don't always agree with your take on things but I think there's some very pertinent questions in there which I would also like answers to.

bingo70
06-11-2021, 06:06 PM
Or he could try calming down for a bit and re-writing the answers in a way that doesn't sound like a rant?

It's not other people's job to try to work out what he wants to know and re-write his questions for him.

Why?

He wants answers to those questions and this thread is specifically asking for questions that people want the answers to.

I’m sorry, I know there’s times he is overly negative, sometimes it can even seem like trolling but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with his list of questions from earlier in this thread.

People having a go at him wouldn’t be doing so if it was another poster posted the same questions. For me that’s really unfair and out of order.

bigwheel
06-11-2021, 06:07 PM
Or he could try calming down for a bit and re-writing the answers in a way that doesn't sound like a rant?

It's not other people's job to try to work out what he wants to know and re-write his questions for him.

The questions are fine ..some people are positive about the new ownership mode, some people less so ..that’s fine too..not all questions have to be perfectly Positively worded. Some can have a different edge ..will make it more interesting.

Equally, I’m sure whoever hosts the questions can easily ask the spirit of the question without getting worked up about how it was originally written.

marinello59
06-11-2021, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the siggested questions we have had so far, a lot to work with there. :thumbsup:

There really is no need for the critique of other posters suggestions. Play nice people.

Capt Mainwaring
06-11-2021, 07:31 PM
What is the future strategy for player identification and recruitment? Can you outline roles and responsibilities within the club for this and in particular the part, if any, Ron Gordon’s son Ian will play in this?

06-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Hopefully all the players affected by Covid make a speedy recovery back to full health. Even if they do, we now have a very congested fixture list between now and the winter shutdown and the squad was already thin. We could really do with bringing in 2 or 3 players from the free agent market, even if just on 2 month contracts to help see us through. What is happening in this regard?

What team do you support? (Obviously Hibs now but also what is your team since childhood?)

What was the 1st football match you went to?

Can you give us any details of the Deloitte independent review of the league? How did it come about? When are the results expected? Anything else you can tell us about it?

I think Ron is right to try and get the ban on alcohol sales in stadiums lifted, it could make a huge difference to most clubs. Can you tell us what is happening about this? Have we been lobbying the SPFL to lobby the govt about this? (Probably part of the Deloitte review but would like to hear Ben's thoughts just now).

We've got the big tellys, which are great. What other plans are there in the pipeline to enhance the fans' matchday experience?

Will "The Match" presented from the studio in the South Stand cease to be when Sky stop allowing all home matches on their club TV channels (probably next season)?

Jay
06-11-2021, 11:08 PM
Can we get the thread back on track and post questions rather than nit pick other peoples questions. 2nd time of asking before it's closed. Thanks

Glory Lurker
06-11-2021, 11:44 PM
What lessons have been learned from the Covid outbreak that caused us to be affected like no other top flight team in the post-vaccine era?

Phil MaGlass
07-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Will you ensure that purchases from the club shop are zero rated for VAT as the 20% VAT charge is not applicable to overseas customers, yet due to software problems we still have to stump up.

On top of a £20 postage charge that is.

Jees ah didnae realise that :confused: might buy a bit more fae the club now.

Hibs90
07-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Why was Ian Gordon listed as Head of Recruitment on the club directory then removed shortly after?

(I'd very much like this to a be a direct question, rather than one about a new 'structure)

07-11-2021, 08:13 PM
Does Ben read the forum?

What does he think of the atmosphere at Easter Road and what can be done to improve it?

Radium
07-11-2021, 10:21 PM
… have I missed something? Why have so many posts been removed?

07-11-2021, 10:26 PM
… have I missed something? Why have so many posts been removed?

What posts have been removed?

Magpie
07-11-2021, 10:36 PM
Do you think that Hibernian at this moment of time would compete well in the Championship or would you say our level would be more at League One or League Two of England?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2021, 10:48 PM
What posts have been removed?

Scroll back. Admins have deleted several.

Folk having a go at each other probably although I didn't read them.

scoopyboy
08-11-2021, 08:18 AM
What is happening with the South Stand?

I've heard there is an amount of "crumbling" has occurred and is there a large amount of money required to sort it?

If so will this affect the playing budget?

Iain G
08-11-2021, 09:30 AM
What is happening with the South Stand?

I've heard there is an amount of "crumbling" has occurred and is there a large amount of money required to sort it?

If so will this affect the playing budget?

What do you mean by crumbling?!

scoopyboy
08-11-2021, 09:44 AM
What do you mean by crumbling?!

The guy who told me about it didn't elaborate.

Metal doesn't crumble so I'm guessing something to do with concrete, but am only guessing at that.

Dobosz83
08-11-2021, 10:08 AM
Are there plans to reduce prices for walk ups to try and prop up declining attendances?

Are we able to move the singing section to the Famous Five Lower which appears to be something a lot of fans have been wanting for years? (I honestly cannot understand how this hasn't happened by now considering the poor attendance, can we give it a real go).

Can a safe standing section be installed?

Will behind the goals be re-opened to allow pre-match/post match pints?

Why is the ticketing website so clunky, for example, there are no tickets on sale for any upcoming fixtures when I logged in this morning?

Can we have green nets like back in the 90's? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
08-11-2021, 10:57 AM
Are there plans to reduce prices for walk ups to try and prop up declining attendances?

Are we able to move the singing section to the Famous Five Lower which appears to be something a lot of fans have been wanting for years? (I honestly cannot understand how this hasn't happened by now considering the poor attendance, can we give it a real go).

Why is the ticketing website so clunky, for example, there are no tickets on sale for any upcoming fixtures when I logged in this morning?

I think that could be down to Covid. The club can't release tickets just in case restrictions change and we have to limit capacity or play games behind closed doors.

GreenCastle
08-11-2021, 12:50 PM

Reading this thinking is there an opportunity for Hibs to put some entrances at the back of the FF lower directly into a supporters bar ? Nearly sounds too good to be true but would be awesome to see.

Dobosz83
08-11-2021, 04:02 PM
Reading this thinking is there an opportunity for Hibs to put some entrances at the back of the FF lower directly into a supporters bar ? Nearly sounds too good to be true but would be awesome to see.

Yeah, that would be the dream but highly unlikely. A supporters bar with access to behind the goals int he FFL. Sign me up to be honest.

08-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Given that Chelsea and Spurs are trialling safe standing from 1st January 2022, will Hibs be looking/pushing to trial safe standing?

Since90+2
08-11-2021, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that would be the dream but highly unlikely. A supporters bar with access to behind the goals int he FFL. Sign me up to be honest.

I don't think that is permitted. Any supporters bars can't have direct access to the concourse.

madhatter
08-11-2021, 06:15 PM
Are Hibs likely to become more adventurous with scouting and transfer dealings, looking further afield? Surely, even looking at the scraps coming from clubs in larger countries is a worthwhile venture - relationships with clubs in those countries.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2021, 07:05 PM
Any more detail on the Brighton link up? What benefit do we get from it? Is it player related or something else?

bingo70
08-11-2021, 07:13 PM
As someone that’s new to Scottish football what has he found so far that he’s liked most about our game?

Similarly, what’s his biggest frustration about our game?

Apologies if they’ve already been asked.

Vault Boy
08-11-2021, 09:56 PM
Thanks to everybody that has contributed questions for this interview thus far, plenty of worthwhile talking points in here.

We'll be closing this thread on Tuesday evening, so if there's anything you're particularly keen to see discussed that hasn't been mentioned yet, try to get it in ASAP.

The podcast itself should be out by the weekend. :aok:

Glory Lurker
08-11-2021, 10:09 PM
Any more detail on the Brighton link up? What benefit do we get from it? Is it player related or something else?

Could a general question about how all the partnerships are going be asked, too?

Dobosz83
09-11-2021, 08:40 AM
I don't think that is permitted. Any supporters bars can't have direct access to the concourse.

That makes sense mate. It's frustrating that in England they can have pints in the concourse, yet we cannot be trusted up here... hopefully big Ron can be the driving force behind more relaxed alcohol sales at football as he's made some noise about it previously (I expect it won't even get off the ground though).

Keith_M
09-11-2021, 09:16 AM
Does the maintenance cost of running East Mains negatively affect the club's budget or does it bring other financial benefits to compensate?

If the latter, could you clarify how the club calculates that cost-to-benefit balance?

Danderhall Hibs
09-11-2021, 09:22 AM
Do the club plan to do anything for the season ticket holders who missed out on the (1) game that was balloted? We all know there was a possibility of games being balloted but with it only being 1 match around half of ST holders got more for their money this season.

09-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Does the maintenance cost of running East Mains negatively affect the club's budget or does it bring other financial benefits to compensate?

If the latter, could you clarify how the club calculates that cost-to-benefit balance?

I think this is an excellent question.

Premier League Clubs in England must have this calculated with targets in place for home grown players making the first team.

gorgie greens
09-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Do the club plan to do anything for the season ticket holders who missed out on the (1) game that was balloted? We all know there was a possibility of games being balloted but with it only being 1 match around half of ST holders got more for their money this season.

The annoying part for me that some that were lucky enough with getting a ticket went on and sold the ticket ,

Vault Boy
09-11-2021, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all your contributions, folks. We'll do our best with it. :aok: