PDA

View Full Version : Broony

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Told you so! lol

Said it at the time and I’m still saying it now, we missed out on getting a a right quality player with bags and bags of experience.

He might not have the legs but he’s got the football brain and more importantly that leadership alongside a winning mentality.

Why oh why are we signing the likes of Gogic when we could have had Broony?
I’m away for a greet. 😪😪😪

Peevemor
31-10-2021, 12:48 PM
Told you so! lol

Said it at the time and I’m still saying it now, we missed out on getting a a right quality player with bags and bags of experience.

He might not have the legs but he’s got the football brain and more importantly that leadership alongside a winning mentality.

I’m away for a greet. [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]Brown has said that he didn't want to come back to Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2021, 12:49 PM
i thought he was offered a roll as player coach at Aberdeen, that would attract him

CapitalGreen
31-10-2021, 12:49 PM
We signed Gogic a year before Brown became available.

Where was Brown when Aberdeen went 10 games without a win?

Heisenberg
31-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Brown has said that he didn't want to come back to Hibs.

Yep. Sure he said he’d had contact from us but wanted to move somewhere completely new.

CapitalGreen
31-10-2021, 12:52 PM
The return of Ryan Hedges has been the difference in the recent upturn of their fortunes, not Scott Brown.

Since90+2
Aye cos he's been a revelation at Aberdeen right enough. Below us in the league and knocked out the league cup by Raith Rovers.

Col2
We missed out on Brown, we missed out on Griffiths, we missed out of Cumming’s all former players that would have helped us (1st team and squad)

We also missed out of McCart, McKay and McGrath.

I watch others teams attacking threat and see pace and movement. We have one fit striker who contributes next to nothing.

green day
31-10-2021, 12:59 PM
I still think Deeks should be in this team.

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Aye cos he's been a revelation at Aberdeen right enough. Below us in the league and knocked out the league cup by Raith Rovers.

He’s been outstanding for the sheep. You obviously haven’t been paying attention.
You obviously don’t rate him and don’t seem to think he’d have been a very good signing for us then?

JimBHibees
31-10-2021, 01:01 PM
He’s been outstanding for the sheep. You obviously haven’t been paying attention.

Was good yesterday however other games he hasn't done much.

Brightside
31-10-2021, 01:01 PM
We missed out on Brown, we missed out on Griffiths, we missed out of Cumming’s all former players that would have helped us (1st team and squad)

We also missed out of McCart, McKay and McGrath.

I watch others teams attacking threat and see pace and movement. We have one fit striker who contributes next to nothing.

Griff and Cummings can’t even get a start for Dundee.

Brightside
31-10-2021, 01:02 PM

That’s not true. He’s been bang average in most games.

HoboHarry
31-10-2021, 01:02 PM
Jim O'Rourke anaw.....

green day
31-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Griff and Cummings can’t even get a start for Dundee.

Aye, but if we signed them we could have slagged them off on Hibs net and taken some of the pressure off Nisbet....................

win / win

chrisski33
31-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Haven't missed out on him as he didnt want to come back to Hibs as previously stated

jeffers
31-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Yep. Sure he said he’d had contact from us but wanted to move somewhere completely new.

I heard the exact opposite, but we weren’t interested.

Got to be honest thought he was finished, but was MoM for me yesterday. Whether that continues is another matter.

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 01:07 PM
Haven't missed out on him as he didnt want to come back to Hibs as previously stated

Why would he not want to come back to Hibs?

I think he’s proving week in and week out that we missed out on him. I don’t really care what the circumstances are, we are crying out for a player like Broony!

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 01:08 PM

Got to be honest thought he was finished, but was MoM for me yesterday. Whether that continues is another matter.

He’s been outstanding for them so far. Even during their poor run of form.

Jones28
31-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Why would he not want to come back to Hibs?

I think he’s proving week in and week out that we missed out on him. I don’t really care what the circumstances are, we are crying out for a player like Broony!

He said he didn’t want to come back because he wanted the Hibs fans to remember him as the player he was with us.

green day
31-10-2021, 01:11 PM

Sorry but that is garbage.

Until a week ago, Aberdeen fans I know were saying that he has been just about ok, but he doesnt have the legs plus they are paying a pile of cash which could be better spent elsewhere.

He was also pretty much responsible for the Hearts pen yesterday but played well after that.

I like SB, but I dont think he is the answer.

jeffers
31-10-2021, 01:13 PM
He said he didn’t want to come back because he wanted the Hibs fans to remember him as the player he was with us.

He did, but it was after we had decided we didn’t want him as far I know.

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 01:14 PM

I think when a player of this stature becomes available and has the connections to the club that he has with us then we should be moving heaven and earth to bring him home.

The realty is that I don’t think it’s in JR nature to go down this route.

Peevemor
31-10-2021, 01:15 PM
He did, but it was after we had decided we didn’t want him as far I know.Brown says one thing, you're saying another.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2021, 01:16 PM
10 games without a win and after a good week we should've been after him? Na, im good thanks.

Jones28
31-10-2021, 01:17 PM
I think when a player of this stature becomes available and has the connections to the club that he has with us then we should be moving heaven and earth to bring him home.

HE DIDNT WANT TO COME HERE.

End of story.

Weegreenman
31-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Sorry but that is garbage.

Until a week ago, Aberdeen fans I know were saying that he has been just about ok, but he doesnt have the legs plus they are paying a pile of cash which could be better spent elsewhere.

He was also pretty much responsible for the Hearts pen yesterday but played well after that.

I like SB, but I dont think he is the answer.

Willie Miller must be talking garbage then and Richard Gordon also. Two of Aberdeen’s biggest supporters and critics and they both agree with me that Broony has been the one shining light during the downturn in their recent form.
Sorry but all those Aberdeen fans you know 😜 are obviously clueless

bod
31-10-2021, 01:21 PM

If he’s said he doesn’t want to come back to hibs then he’ll no come back no matter how many times you state you’d take him

green day
31-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Willie Miller must be talking garbage then and Richard Gordon also. Two of Aberdeen’s biggest supporters and critics and they both agree with me that Broony has been the one shining light during the downturn in their recent form.

Aye, the ones I know also watch all the matches.

Wilson
31-10-2021, 01:31 PM
He's 36. We might have got a season out of him and then moved him on to coaching. As we have too many would be coaches hanging around I don't think we needed another.

We're supposed to be building for the longer term. Bringing on saleable assets. We need the next Scott Brown not the last one.

jeffers
31-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Brown says one thing, you're saying another.

Well spotted.

Brightside
31-10-2021, 02:04 PM

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon pretty much talk 99% garbage. So that’s sealed it for me. I was basing it on the games I watched.

chippy
31-10-2021, 02:06 PM

I heard that Ross and Broony don’t get on

Allant1981
31-10-2021, 02:29 PM
You obviously don’t rate him and don’t seem to think he’d have been a very good signing for us then?

He hasnt

Iggy Pope
31-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Was good yesterday however other games he hasn't done much.

He was tremendous v us last week too. Only game I’ve seen him in.

Since452
31-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Brown has said that he didn't want to come back to Hibs.

And there is the answer.

JimBHibees
31-10-2021, 02:45 PM
He was tremendous v us last week too. Only game I’ve seen him in.

Was he ? personally didnt think he stood out much.

Since90+2
31-10-2021, 02:46 PM
What Brown says publicly and what happened privately might not necessarily be the same thing.

He's hardly going to come out and say I'd have preferred to join Hibs but they weren't interested. That's not going to go down well with Aberdeen fans.

The fact he has a young family and stays in Edinburgh my gut instinct, without claiming to be in the know, is that if a similar player /coach role at Hibs was offered he'd have been here.

Since452
31-10-2021, 02:48 PM
10 games without a win and after a good week we should've been after him? Na, im good thanks.

Aye captain marvel Brown who led them to a cup exit in Kirkcaldy. Exactly what we're missing.

CMurdoch
31-10-2021, 02:49 PM
Reckon Aberdeen will be shelling out £5k a week on Scott
He is also over 24, so all things considered Ron wouldn't have considered bringing him here.

I think he is finished as a consistent high level player. He played well in the second half yesterday but so did a lot of Aberdeen players.

jeffers
31-10-2021, 02:55 PM
What Brown says publicly and what happened privately might not necessarily be the same thing.

He's hardly going to come out and say I'd have preferred to join Hibs but they weren't interested. That's not going to go down well with Aberdeen fans.

The fact he has a young family and stays in Edinburgh my gut instinct, without claiming to be in the know, is that if a similar player /coach role at Hibs was offered he'd have been here.

:agree:

Next we’ll be hearing managers always tell the truth……

Iggy Pope
31-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Was he ? personally didnt think he stood out much.

He was good in my opinion, very good. Untroubled when he had to move back in to a defensive role too. Head and shoulders above anyone we had on the field.

31-10-2021, 03:01 PM

That sounds more likely. I did think his reason that he didn't want to be compared to what he was like when he was at Hibs before sounded a bit feeble.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2021, 06:50 PM
The return of Ryan Hedges has been the difference in the recent upturn of their fortunes, not Scott Brown.

Yes.

No sense in everybody agreeing that Hanlon, McGregor etc have lost their legs then getting in Brown. We need to be replacing older players -thats were our problems lie - not getting more in.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Yes.

No sense in everybody agreeing that Hanlon, McGregor etc have lost their legs then getting in Brown. We need to be replacing older players -thats were our problems lie - not getting more in.

I don't think everyone agrees Hanlon has lost his legs. Thats just nonsense. He is 31. He played the most games he ever has last season, extremely fit. Not lost anything physically.

JimBHibees
31-10-2021, 09:23 PM
He was good in my opinion, very good. Untroubled when he had to move back in to a defensive role too. Head and shoulders above anyone we had on the field.

Saying he was very good and better than any Hibs player last weekend are two different things. :greengrin

jacomo
31-10-2021, 10:37 PM

Thank you for the reminder that some folk do still talk sense on here.

chrisski33
01-11-2021, 06:29 AM

Miller and gordon talk alot of garbage tbh.
Accept it brown was never coming back to us and said so many times so moving heaven and earth to get him would be a waste of time. Time to move on.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2021, 06:34 AM
The age old Hibs.net obsession with re-signing former players is alive & well.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2021, 07:17 AM
He's doing his usual, the odd good game in amongst lots of very average to poor ones. Celtic struggled with him in their side, as he couldn't get near players younger and fitter in his last couple of seasons.

I was one who would have liked him back a few seasons back when there were rumours he might be leaving, but after watching him quite a lot last season i quickly realised those days where he would dominate midfield had gone.

hibee-boys
01-11-2021, 07:53 AM
Don’t think Brown was the answer at his age but we could do with an experienced, aggressive, leadership type in our team. Appreciate our signing policy seems to be buy young with potential sell on value but that shouldn’t be to the detriment of the current team.

Smartie
01-11-2021, 08:05 AM
With chaps like Brown I think it depends on who you pick to play around him. If you've got runners everywhere I think you can cope with one player who isn't that mobile.

If you've got a few who are getting on a bit and have mobility issues you're in a world of trouble.

Falkirk did a decent job for a while of having one Darren Dods or David McCracken type player to organise and then runners everywhere around them.

I wouldn't necessarily want Brown to play with Gogic, Allan, Mallan or latter day Whittaker but I could see him doing a good job alongside any number of more mobile players we've had over the years - the Scott Brown of 15 years ago for one.

Hfc_Since1875
01-11-2021, 08:15 AM
He was interested in coming back. He was in discussions about a one year playing deal at Hibs or a two year player coach deal at Aberdeen on a significantly better salary

Weegreenman
01-11-2021, 09:27 AM
If I were JR, I’d have moved heaven and earth to bring him back. This has absolutely nothing to do with sentimentality and everything to do with how Broony could help us climb the table by adding much needed leadership as well as his playing ability.

Whether what Broony was allegedly have said regards not wanting to come back was true or not, there’s no doubt in my mind we’re missing a trick by not having him back.

mal
01-11-2021, 10:11 AM
The age old Hibs.net obsession with re-signing former players is alive & well.

Former Hibs' player has a good game and/or scores a goal and it's inevitable that there will be a thread on how we should have signed him/should sign him. Meanwhile, any time a current player has a bad game there will be calls to get rid. It's never not tiresome.

This summer is going to be horrendous when Griffiths, Cummings, McNulty, McGeough are all out of contract. Heck, we might even see more calls for the return of Simon Murray like we did before he signed for a team in League Two.

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2021, 10:21 AM

A few years ago he did say he wanted to finish his career at ER. After seeing what happened to Whits he must have changed his mind. I can only remember Pat McGinaly and Deeks doing well in their second spells at Hibs and they far from finished when they came for their second stint.

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2021, 10:27 AM

A few years ago he did say he wanted to finish his career at ER. After seeing what happened to Whits he must have changed his mind. I can only remember Pat McGinaly and Deeks doing well in their second spells at Hibs and they far from finished when they came for their second stint.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 11:18 AM

In 2018 he said he wasn't going to go back to Hibs because he would never leave Celtic. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-star-scott-brown-ends-12267981

This year he said Hibs were interested but he decided against coming back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58263119

"A return to Hibs was another. "I could have went back to where it all started for me, but a lot of people there remember what you were like when you were 17, 18, 19," he explains. "I was hyperactive, I had a red mohawk. Could bomb up and down the pitch. Fit as a fiddle."

In his head, going back would have put him at risk of being compared to his first incarnation at Easter Road and he wanted something different. Something very different as it turned out."

Stokesy's on fire
01-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Scott Brown is done glad we didnt go for him. The celtic fans wanted him out for a reason.

Stuart93
01-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Scott Brown is done glad we didnt go for him. The celtic fans wanted him out for a reason.

If he’s done then it’s worrying he looked head & shoulders above any one in our midfield a week and a bit ago

jacomo
01-11-2021, 11:50 AM
In 2018 he said he wasn't going to go back to Hibs because he would never leave Celtic. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-star-scott-brown-ends-12267981

This year he said Hibs were interested but he decided against coming back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58263119

"A return to Hibs was another. "I could have went back to where it all started for me, but a lot of people there remember what you were like when you were 17, 18, 19," he explains. "I was hyperactive, I had a red mohawk. Could bomb up and down the pitch. Fit as a fiddle."

In his head, going back would have put him at risk of being compared to his first incarnation at Easter Road and he wanted something different. Something very different as it turned out."

Really? Still? :faf:

He’s not returned to Hibs and that’s all that matters. Pulling quotes from interviews isn’t going to get us anywhere.

Brightside
01-11-2021, 11:54 AM
If he’s done then it’s worrying he looked head & shoulders above any one in our midfield a week and a bit ago

No against us. He played at CH for a lot of the game....:greengrin. and he hardly touched the ball when he was in midfield.

Stuart93
01-11-2021, 11:55 AM
No against us. He played at CH for a lot of the game....:greengrin. and he hardly touched the ball when he was in midfield.

Apart from spreading the ball out wide that led to the Aberdeen goal?

Then moved to CB & was part of a makeshift defence to limited us to 0 shots on target

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 12:13 PM

He’s not returned to Hibs and that’s all that matters. Pulling quotes from interviews isn’t going to get us anywhere.

You've not been following the thread, have you, Jacamo?

People were saying, yesterday, that Hibs didn't want him. I'm pointing out that the lack of enthusiasm for a return to Hibs was on his side, not ours.

I am neither pleased or displeased that he didn't sign for us, but the club was getting unfairly blamed by folk who would have liked him back.

Jones28
01-11-2021, 12:16 PM

The quotes are disproving the op that stated Hibs should have gone after his signature but that he didn’t want to sign for us.

It’s club bashing when there’s no merit for it.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 01:47 PM
You've not been following the thread, have you, Jacamo?

People were saying, yesterday, that Hibs didn't want him. I'm pointing out that the lack of enthusiasm for a return to Hibs was on his side, not ours.

I am neither pleased or displeased that he didn't sign for us, but the club was getting unfairly blamed by folk who would have liked him back.

I have been following the thread - well as much as I can cope with - and it’s just folk posting selective quotes as a substitution for any genuine knowledge at all. It’s a total nonsense.

EDIT: the OP says they wish Scott had returned to Hibs in the summer. That’s a reasonable discussion point.

Instead we get all this crap that supposedly PROVES he never wanted to come here so there’s NO POINT discussing it. Like I say, total nonsense and another potentially interesting discussion ruined.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2021, 01:59 PM

Slivka looked head and shoulders above brown in our 2-0 win 2 years ago, to the point brown tried to maim him. Almost like 1 match doesn't decide everything.

bigwheel
01-11-2021, 02:33 PM
I’m surprised that anyone wouldn’t recognise that Brown would have been a good addition for us ..would get lots of game time and would definitely give us more steel .

He’s also a decent footballer too, often omitted in any discussion

Anyway, That ship has clearly passed now

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 02:59 PM

Next we’ll be hearing managers always tell the truth……

As far as I know, nothing has been written or said to counter what Brown said in March so what's the point even reading players' and managers' comments if we're just going to make up another dialogue to suit our preferred view? :dunno:

I would have been happy for him to come back, but he went elsewhere and I'm happy to believe the reasons he gave.

If he didn't have the chance to rejoin Hibs because we weren't interested, why say anything about us at all?

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 03:03 PM
I have been following the thread - well as much as I can cope with - and it’s just folk posting selective quotes as a substitution for any genuine knowledge at all. It’s a total nonsense.

EDIT: the OP says they wish Scott had returned to Hibs in the summer. That’s a reasonable discussion point.

Instead we get all this crap that supposedly PROVES he never wanted to come here so there’s NO POINT discussing it. Like I say, total nonsense and another potentially interesting discussion ruined.

There are 2 legitimate discussions to be had, though.

One is whether he would have improved us or not. Fwiw, I think he would have.

The second is around the criticism of Hibs for allegedly not approaching him when the only evidence, the interview I quoted, is that it was Scott's decision not to come.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 03:06 PM
I’m surprised that anyone wouldn’t recognise that Brown would have been a good addition for us ..would get lots of game time and would definitely give us more steel .

He’s also a decent footballer too, often omitted in any discussion

Anyway, That ship has clearly passed now

It's a bit like when hearts used to sign players we'd been linked with. One minute they're the best player ever, but when they go to the dark side, they're actually mince

Kato
01-11-2021, 03:18 PM
I thought the attraction for Brown going to Aberdeen was the chance for him to work with his pal, Glass?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Stuart93
01-11-2021, 03:46 PM
Slivka looked head and shoulders above brown in our 2-0 win 2 years ago, to the point brown tried to maim him. Almost like 1 match doesn't decide everything.

Na you’re right it doesn’t. But I still think Scott Brown would be a stand out in our current midfield

jeffers
01-11-2021, 04:05 PM
As far as I know, nothing has been written or said to counter what Brown said in March so what's the point even reading players' and managers' comments if we're just going to make up another dialogue to suit our preferred view? :dunno:

I would have been happy for him to come back, but he went elsewhere and I'm happy to believe the reasons he gave.

If he didn't have the chance to rejoin Hibs because we weren't interested, why say anything about us at all?

I’m making nothing up D, it’s not my style. Anything I ever post is because I heard it from people I trust. I was told in the summer that he was keen to return to us. My comments on this thread are based on that information, nothing to do with making up a dialogue to suit any view. Which in this case I’m unsure if I would have wanted him to return, although his past few performances have been impressive. I’m certainly not having a go at the club for not signing him.

I’d go back to Ross’ comments regarding Leigh Griffiths, where he said if he became available we would be interested. I don’t for a minute believe we were…..

Edit the comments above, my memory is failing. It was in fact January I heard he was keen to return and had reached out, not the summer as I thought. I even pm’d another member on here at the time to say I’d heard that.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 04:58 PM
There are 2 legitimate discussions to be had, though.

One is whether he would have improved us or not. Fwiw, I think he would have.

The second is around the criticism of Hibs for allegedly not approaching him when the only evidence, the interview I quoted, is that it was Scott's decision not to come.

And you are putting way too much on that.

It’s almost as if people use interviews to put across the story they want people to hear.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 05:03 PM
I’m making nothing up D, it’s not my style. Anything I ever post is because I heard it from people I trust. I was told in the summer that he was keen to return to us. My comments on this thread are based on that information, nothing to do with making up a dialogue to suit any view. Which in this case I’m unsure if I would have wanted him to return, although his past few performances have been impressive. I’m certainly not having a go at the club for not signing him.

I’d go back to Ross’ comments regarding Leigh Griffiths, where he said if he became available we would be interested. I don’t for a minute believe we were…..

Edit the comments above, my memory is failing. It was in fact January I heard he was keen to return and had reached out, not the summer as I thought. I even pm’d another member on here at the time to say I’d heard that.

This is probably why Scott could then sign a pre-contract with Aberdeen.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 05:06 PM

He’d be asked about Hibs. He needed some kind of answer.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 05:32 PM

I should have made it clear that I wasn't refering to your post when I talked about making dialogue up.

You had replied to a post which said "maybe Scott was only saying it for effect" or something along those lines.

I do pay attention to what you say because I know you have connections, but on this occasion, I prefer to believe the player. If we hadn't made an approach, there was no good reason to say that we had.

jeffers
01-11-2021, 05:34 PM
I should have made it clear that I wasn't refering to your post when I talked about making dialogue up.

You had replied to a post which said "maybe Scott was only saying it for effect" or something along those lines.

I do pay attention to what you say because I know you have connections, but on this occasion, I prefer to believe the player. If we hadn't made an approach, there was no good reason to say that we had.

Not a problem. Cheers.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2021, 05:42 PM
He’d be asked about Hibs. He needed some kind of answer.

He'd risk Hibs refuting his remarks if he lied.

I believe what Scott said. Not much else to say about it now.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2021, 06:07 PM

I did say when I posted my opinion on his performance for Aberdeen against us, that it was the only time I’d seen him this season. I can’t add to that. Maybe he’s been crap every other game, I’m not aware.
How anyone who witnessed the game though, couldn’t see that:

A) He is far from done
Or
B) He is better than anything we had on the pitch in either position he played...

....is beyond me.

And I’m not advocating his signing or questioning why we didn’t, I couldn’t care less about that part of the debate either.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 08:50 PM
I did say when I posted my opinion on his performance for Aberdeen against us, that it was the only time I’d seen him this season. I can’t add to that. Maybe he’s been crap every other game, I’m not aware.
How anyone who witnessed the game though, couldn’t see that:

A) He is far from done
Or
B) He is better than anything we had on the pitch in either position he played...

....is beyond me.

And I’m not advocating his signing or questioning why we didn’t, I couldn’t care less about that part of the debate either.

It’s ok, MWH has a thing against him and never misses an opportunity to stick the boot in.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2021, 09:00 PM
It’s ok, MWH has a thing against him and never misses an opportunity to stick the boot in.

I really don't, so take your personal jibe and shove it, clown. Pathetic I can't make one post in this thread without daft off topic pish like this.

The guy gave me one of the best days of my life in 2007. Not rating him as a player 14 years later is fine. I have nothing against him. I struggle to fawn over a Celtic legend who now plays for Aberdeen and has tried to injure multiple Hibs players. That's all.

jacomo
01-11-2021, 09:19 PM
I really don't, so take your personal jibe and shove it, clown. Pathetic I can't make one post in this thread without daft off topic pish like this.

The guy gave me one of the best days of my life in 2007. Not rating him as a player 14 years later is fine. I have nothing against him. I struggle to fawn over a Celtic legend who now plays for Aberdeen and has tried to injure multiple Hibs players. That's all.

Oof!

SMAXXA
01-11-2021, 10:00 PM
Told you so! lol

I’m away for a greet. 😪😪😪

Eh I don’t think you told me anything 😂, had a couple of good games last couple but was as bad as most in their 10 game winless run. I’m happy we never got him look forward not bad and he’s in the swan song stage of his career

Haymaker
02-11-2021, 03:00 AM

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2021, 10:42 AM
How did he get on yesterday?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2021, 10:51 AM
How did he get on yesterday?

He didn't get booked.

WeeRussell
07-11-2021, 03:14 PM
Why would he not want to come back to Hibs? !

Maybe he’s read hibs.net and learned that every one of our players are *****, Jack Ross is clueless, recruitment is awful, the sound system is too loud, the pies are cauld, the ticket office are unhelpful, our sponsors put score updates for other teams they sponsor, we’re nae good at throw-ins, we were lucky to finish third and were pish in Europe, Ron the Con is going to turn us into an NFL team, our ticket system and turnstiles are lacking, our covid protocols are too loose, our covid protocols are too strict, no enough people have signed up to HSL, HSL isnae as good as hearts equivalent, people go for pishes before half time, the singing section is in the wrong place,

And although the seagull situation has improved, he thought f*** it I’ll give it a go at a sh*te team in Aberdeen.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2021, 03:38 PM
Maybe he’s read hibs.net and learned that every one of our players are *****, Jack Ross is clueless, recruitment is awful, the sound system is too loud, the pies are cauld, the ticket office are unhelpful, our sponsors put score updates for other teams they sponsor, we’re nae good at throw-ins, we were lucky to finish third and were pish in Europe, Ron the Con is going to turn us into an NFL team, our ticket system and turnstiles are lacking, our covid protocols are too loose, our covid protocols are too strict, no enough people have signed up to HSL, HSL isnae as good as hearts equivalent, people go for pishes before half time, the singing section is in the wrong place,

And although the seagull situation has improved, he thought f*** it I’ll give it a go at a sh*te team in Aberdeen.
:faf::top marks

Since452
07-11-2021, 03:56 PM

Nah i blame the Sportemon Go tokens.

CMurdoch
07-11-2021, 04:00 PM

:faf: :aok:

brog
07-11-2021, 04:12 PM

Magnificent!!

Weegreenman
08-11-2021, 12:20 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣 all true btw 😂😂😂😂

Stuart93
08-11-2021, 12:35 PM

Can we add his clear and obvious allergy to bamboo shinnies too

Wilson
08-11-2021, 01:46 PM

He is done and that is worrying.

Since452
08-11-2021, 03:18 PM
Aberdeen and Brown are doing so well that they are behind us in the league having played two games more. What does that say for them?

easty
08-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Aberdeen and Brown are doing so well that they are behind us in the league having played two games more. What does that say for them?

I don’t think league position really dictates how good individual players in that team are. They’re behind us in the league cos Glass hasn’t managed to get a group of decent players playing well.

Lewis Ferguson, Ross McCrorie, Ryan Hedges are also in that Aberdeen team, that are behind us despite playing 2 games more. Good players.