PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875 call it a day...

Hibs90
29-10-2021, 03:05 PM
https://twitter.com/1875_since/status/1454064078016614402?s=20

A real shame. :agree:

H18 SFR
29-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Posted this on another thread, will put it here and delete the other:

Really disappointed to learn that Since 1875 have called it a day.

For any of the group looking in, thank you for all your efforts over the years, I loved it, the kids loved it and in all honesty, you helped my son in particular really connect with the club.

With all the COVID related interruptions to football and attendance etc, I’m not surprised this has happened. Attending religiously is a habit in some ways.

I think the club and the fans need to reconnect, I don’t mean through things like Hibee Buzz etc, I mean on a match day level. It really caught my attention how Dundee Utd fans and the club have really reconnected as we begin to emerge from COVID related matters.

We need to do the same.

29-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Thanks for improving the atmosphere at the games over the years guys.

You will be missed big time!

Coco Bryce
29-10-2021, 03:09 PM
A real shame but understandable. Thanks for everything guys :thumbsup:

Be nigh impossible to create any decent atmosphere with our team and the poor crowds now to be fair.

Steve88
29-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Appreciate the effort over the years. Added a different dynamic to match days which I really enjoyed.

Surprised nobody within the group wanted to step up and take the reigns, hopefully someone comes along and does so :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Mixed emotions with this news today. As a founder member of Section 43 in 2011, through to leaving Since 1875 last year it’s been some ride.

I’ve met friends for life, have had some amazing days and trips from Easter Road to across Europe. We’ve put on some of the best displays, in my opinion, in the country and at times added one of the only positive things at the club whilst in the Butcher era and throughout our relegation spell. I am biased though.

I can look back at the SCF and know we’ve left our mark in history with Time For Heroes. A name given to our cup winning DVD. Not something that Hibs engaged, consulted or recognised us for which still sticks in my throat.

I left at the start of last year for a mix of reasons. My wife and I had a little boy being one. The other being an arrest at Ibrox that nearly cost me my job - despite being found not guilty! And I hit my 30s, so it was time for the young team to step up. Sadly, that hasn’t happened and the interest in the “ultras scene” is simply not amongst our support.

It’s mixed emotions because the boys who were at it have had a hard slog past 18 months keeping things alive and I am glad for them it’s over.

The hours, and I mean dozens a month, that goes into arranging buses, tickets, meetings, flags, banners, displays, creating songs is tough to balance with everything else.

We weren’t everyones’ cup of tea, but the majority supported us, many financially which we’ll be forever grateful for.

FWIW and IMO if we managed to get into FF Lower, our mission for many years, there’d be a few hundred strong and the Group would be thriving like never before.

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

H18 SFR
29-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Mixed emotions with this news today. As a founder member of Section 43 in 2011, through to leaving Since 1875 last year it’s been some ride.

I’ve met friends for life, have had some amazing days and trips from Easter Road to across Europe. We’ve put on some of the best displays, in my opinion, in the country and at times added one of the only positive things at the club whilst in the Butcher era and throughout our relegation spell. I am biased though.

I can look back at the SCF and know we’ve left our mark in history with Time For Heroes. A name given to our cup winning DVD. Not something that Hibs engaged, consulted or recognised us for which still sticks in my throat.

I left at the start of last year for a mix of reasons. My wife and I had a little boy being one. The other being an arrest at Ibrox that nearly cost me my job - despite being found not guilty! And I hit my 30s, so it was time for the young team to step up. Sadly, that hasn’t happened and the interest in the “ultras scene” is simply not amongst our support.

It’s mixed emotions because the boys who were at it have had a hard slog past 18 months keeping things alive and I am glad for them it’s over.

The hours, and I mean dozens a month, that goes into arranging buses, tickets, meetings, flags, banners, displays, creating songs is tough to balance with everything else.

We weren’t everyones’ cup of tea, but the majority supported us, many financially which we’ll be forever grateful for.

FWIW and IMO if we managed to get into FF Lower, our mission for many years, there’d be a few hundred strong and the Group would be thriving like never before.

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Inspirational post. I’m older than you...however, many are younger, time for the next generation to step up.

Since90+2
29-10-2021, 03:18 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Agree with you on FF lower. Needs done asap.

Vault Boy
29-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Played their own unique, colourful, and audible part in Hibernian history. It's a shame to see them go, hopefully a new group can take that baton.

H18 SFR
29-10-2021, 03:21 PM
The next home game at Easter Road, the players should be holding a banner thanking Since 1875, we need to re-connect, they need us, we need them.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2021, 03:27 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Excellent post.

Hopefully some young lads can pick up the baton in the weeks and months to come and get a new group off the ground.

The FF lower point is a valid one. However many tickets are officially sold there doesn't tally with how many actually sit there. A solution could have been found but obviously it wasn't to be.

jacomo
29-10-2021, 03:32 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Big appreciation from this fan who is too old, has too many commitments and lives too far away to step up.

Since452
29-10-2021, 03:43 PM
That's a shame. Some of the displays at Easter Road were outstanding. Huge shame they never got to take up residence in the FF lower. Would have been brilliant.

18Craig75
29-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Natural Order a particular favourite of mine.

Match day experience is going backwards IMO despite all the talk, this won’t help.

Magpie
29-10-2021, 04:14 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Thank you.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2021, 04:15 PM

Match day experience is going back words IMO despite all the talk, this won’t help.

The photo with Levein in the foreground is iconic
We’ll done all for your contributions

gbhibby
29-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Not good news. Club should have moved since 1875 guys to the lower part of famous five stand not top tier big mistake. The family section could have been upper tier. It was always the tradition that the singing groups were behind the goals. Ron wants to improve matchday experience so now is the chance to do something. I am sure that if this action was taken people may move and I am sure some people will start up a group again. Club need to speak to its stakeholders and listen. When the group was in the upper tier of the FF you could not hear anything in the west stand away end section. As the club has its motto we are all Hibs now is the time to prove it

Glory Lurker
29-10-2021, 04:51 PM
What a pity. Thanks for all you've done over the years. What a stinking last seven days we've had as Hibs supporters.

WoreTheGreen
29-10-2021, 05:00 PM
The “time for heroes “ and natural order . Iconic pieces of Hibs history

stoneyburn hibs
29-10-2021, 05:00 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Thanks to all of you for the banners/displays over the years, it's been excellent
Time for Heroes, Natural Order will forever be etched in thousands of Hibernian heads.
Well done.

cameronw-hfc
29-10-2021, 05:14 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Sect 43 and Since 1875 have been the one shining light through some rough times. Loud as *****, always bringing new songs to ER that are usually nicked within a few weeks. I even remember an incident at Livi a few years back when a few fuds were younger and throwing flares from within the singing section. You guys promptly kicked him out and moved along after one of his flares/smoke bombs hit a fan. Always respected and was grateful for since 1875, need the teens of today to step up.

Andy74
29-10-2021, 05:24 PM

Be nigh impossible to create any decent atmosphere with our team and the poor crowds now to be fair.

Oh no, we’ve lost some games. Nothing is ever going to be the same again.

Tambo
29-10-2021, 05:31 PM
Sorry if I'm being an idiot but calling it a day as a group or calling it a day all together at Easter Road?

Was some great banners and displays you guys produced and I love going back to the videos on YouTube now and again.

Alfred E Newman
29-10-2021, 05:32 PM

Your right , it’s only a few bad results but there does seem to be a malaise setting in at the club and this will only add to that.

GreenCastle
29-10-2021, 05:34 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Thanks for everything- definitely been a highlight of the last few years.

Hibs definitely need to do something as we did create quite a unique atmosphere at times and unless someone steps up the players won’t get that support.

Said on the other thread the middle 3 sections of the FF lower need to be made safe standing as a start then hopefully over time that will create more atmosphere at ER.

An empty FF and zero atmosphere from that stand really isn’t a good look.

Remove the seats - use them as spares for the south when they get rashes and install safe standing.

Families can stay in end sections or move to other parts of the stadium.

The Baldmans Comb
29-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Many thanks for all that you did to support and grow the club over the last 10 years and you were an absolute breath of fresh air and it was always a great atmosphere you produced especially at away games.

It never seemed that the club were that comfortable with your efforts for home games but you left many indelible memories on hibs history.

Kato
29-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Many thanks for all that you did to support and grow the club over the last 10 years and you were an absolute breath of fresh air and like many things will be more appreciated more that you are no longer there.Will be a miss.

The epitome of what being a Hibby should be.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

ABZHFC
29-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Thanks to Since1875 for all their hard work. I really hope the club sit up and take notice, we are going to have one of the worst atmospheres in Scotland unless this is addressed soon. And as I'll always say, it is the noise and colour that attracts the younger generation to come along to Easter Road instead of watching the megastars on TV. Lose that and we risk losing a lot more to Sky Sports and BT too

BSEJVT
29-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Another thank you from me for your efforts and my best wishes to you all for the future.

Some of the stuff you did was absolutely brilliant and as others have said there are some iconic moments in there.

Hopefully, in years to come ,you will be able to bask in the glow of some of what you achieved for our club and support

lord bunberry
29-10-2021, 07:38 PM

You can’t wait to have a dig at the team n every thread :rolleyes:

Coco Bryce
29-10-2021, 07:43 PM
You can’t wait to have a dig at the team n every thread :rolleyes:

Not sure I do? But if I have, it's probably because we are utter ***** at the moment which is actual fact so hardly a dig as you would call it.

JammyDoidger
29-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Be good if you's could come together once a season maybe for a derby at easter road and organise a display, they are superb, although tbh a display would look terrible just now with all the empty seats. Ron Gordon/jack ross have a massive job on their hands january.

bringbackbenny
29-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Not sure I do? But if I have, it's probably because we are utter ***** at the moment which is actual fact

We know, have you mentioned this before? Apologies if I've missed this.

Ronniekirk
29-10-2021, 07:51 PM
Genuinely gutted to hear this Some of the displays were excellent and they did Thier bit to improve the Atmosphere at games Will be a huge loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
29-10-2021, 07:55 PM
Your right , it’s only a few bad results but there does seem to be a malaise setting in at the club and this will only add to that.

It's much much more than just a few bad results though. It's quite a few horrific performances to boot. But that clearly doesn't seem to concern you.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Big thanks from me, great banners and a positive addition to the atmosphere at Easter Road.

Coco Bryce
29-10-2021, 07:58 PM
We know, have you mentioned this before? Apologies if I've missed this.

Apologies if I have no idea what your most is supposed to mean?

Since452
29-10-2021, 08:14 PM
They have inspired a generation of young Hibs fans. Won't be long before there is another group of young lads/lasses taking over. Well done and thanks for everything.

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2021, 08:19 PM
https://i.ibb.co/4gN9Bz3/5-AD7-F437-43-D7-474-E-B8-C1-B0-CF51-F5-B314.webp (https://ibb.co/qF1XbKV)https://i.ibb.co/DR35Rvq/2-DD3092-A-A4-F2-450-C-A44-B-8-FA051-A2602-E.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)https://i.ibb.co/RcHMd37/29th-December-2018-Easter-Road-Edinburgh-Scotland-Ladbrokes-Premiership-football-Hibernian-versus-He.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)https://i.ibb.co/tpdgLV9/4-BE316-CB-8-B42-4601-9168-42998-F2175-B2.jpg (https://ibb.co/HTJ6h5j)https://i.ibb.co/RQgkCbt/AE4-C5430-9-D79-40-E9-9874-2-E983788-EDF7.jpg (https://ibb.co/8PmLjsG)https://i.ibb.co/j5C816t/382-A4324-EF02-43-CC-9053-C082-E6-FD404-A.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)https://i.ibb.co/Lz9Wck3/E7-ADDFFD-BC13-444-E-A685-C1-EA6806-A52-F.jpg (https://ibb.co/Y7fM1Rx)https://i.ibb.co/tm9DVRz/5-FCDE977-CAF5-4178-8-FCE-3-AEF7-CD092-CB.jpg (https://ibb.co/mD34fp0)https://i.ibb.co/g4vRy4V/06-A3-AAF0-49-DA-4-F65-BE9-F-43-DF9224-A94-F.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)https://i.ibb.co/T80mhrz/D2-D6-C90-B-F854-4-E2-A-B57-A-9-C78204-E2325.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2021, 08:21 PM
https://i.ibb.co/YDVcxWR/096-A718-E-9-ED5-4-C34-99-E0-5257-B89771-A8.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/tz8pYMX/A56-A3085-59-E9-4767-B2-BB-E44-B74-CFBEF5.jpg (https://ibb.co/3vBmSyz)
https://i.ibb.co/zF7Y4kw/764-E5-B4-E-CE6-B-45-DA-A506-E118-CB2438-E0.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/9GMQXyG/8926049-C-E764-47-E6-9021-2225-A2-AB4-B38.jpg (https://ibb.co/25bG2c5)
https://i.ibb.co/HChLFxK/D589-C36-F-05-A3-4328-A562-EDD7-D9746669.jpg (https://ibb.co/5kKXMn1)
https://i.ibb.co/mDyvrf3/DD09907-A-5943-48-C3-92-AF-A390-BC91-ECE7.jpg (https://ibb.co/8Kxzn1H)
how to download instagram photos high resolution (https://500pxdownload.com/)

Mikey_1875
29-10-2021, 08:28 PM
Great photos

SaulGoodman
29-10-2021, 08:32 PM
It's much much more than just a few bad results though. It's quite a few horrific performances to boot. But that clearly doesn't seem to concern you.

You’re entitled to your opinion but can we not drag this thread down to arguing about results when there’s plenty other threads for this?

(I understand you got dragged into it to start with tbf)

Pagan Hibernia
29-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Not good news. Club should have moved since 1875 guys to the lower part of famous five stand not top tier big mistake. The family section could have been upper tier. It was always the tradition that the singing groups were behind the goals. Ron wants to improve matchday experience so now is the chance to do something. I am sure that if this action was taken people may move and I am sure some people will start up a group again. Club need to speak to its stakeholders and listen. When the group was in the upper tier of the FF you could not hear anything in the west stand away end section. As the club has its motto we are all Hibs now is the time to prove it

careful. Pretty soon someone will accuse you of wanting to turf families out of Easter road

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2021, 08:38 PM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Posted this on another thread, will put it here and delete the other:

Really disappointed to learn that Since 1875 have called it a day.

For any of the group looking in, thank you for all your efforts over the years, I loved it, the kids loved it and in all honesty, you helped my son in particular really connect with the club.

With all the COVID related interruptions to football and attendance etc, I’m not surprised this has happened. Attending religiously is a habit in some ways.

I think the club and the fans need to reconnect, I don’t mean through things like Hibee Buzz etc, I mean on a match day level. It really caught my attention how Dundee Utd fans and the club have really reconnected as we begin to emerge from COVID related matters.

We need to do the same.

Superb posts :top marks:not worth

jacomo
29-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Not sure I do? But if I have, it's probably because we are utter ***** at the moment which is actual fact so hardly a dig as you would call it.

Read the room mate.

Alfred E Newman
29-10-2021, 08:51 PM

How do you know what concerns me?
By the way, could you give us your list of horrific performances before this bad run? We were top of the league if I recall.

gbhibby
29-10-2021, 09:19 PM
careful. Pretty soon someone will accuse you of wanting to turf families out of Easter road
Families should be housed in all parts of the Stadium. Would love to see a full FF lower. When you watch the MLS the singing sections are behind the goals.
Get it sorted Ron

ahibby
29-10-2021, 09:21 PM

Losses not the issue but the standard of play we dropped to in the last three games is an issue.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-10-2021, 09:32 PM
Fair play to the guys who've been involved with this over the years. Brought a wee bit of atmosphere to the games which would otherwise be amiss. Time for Heroes will be etched in every Hibs fans memory till the day we die and that image of Craig Levein on the ER pitch with Natural Order banner behind him. 😆

Just_Jimmy
29-10-2021, 09:33 PM
Some absolutely cracking times that I associate since 1875 and following hibs, the peak being the day in May 16. A year later I left Scotland and as much as I got to games when I could, loads were on tv on my own. The displays and atmosphere made it feel closer and I associate with some great times.

Sorry to see them go.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

bod
29-10-2021, 09:35 PM
Never took long for folk to start bitching & go off thread .

Anyway , Thank for creating an atmosphere those past seasons .
Hopefully another group get together & carry on for the next game

matty_f
29-10-2021, 09:43 PM
Natural Order was one of the perfect football moments.

Diclonius
29-10-2021, 09:45 PM
https://i.ibb.co/mDyvrf3/DD09907-A-5943-48-C3-92-AF-A390-BC91-ECE7.jpg (https://ibb.co/8Kxzn1H)

I was very near the away end at that game and when that was unfurled some of the Hearts fans actually applauded it, in a begrudging "well done" sort of way. It was that good.

Smartie
29-10-2021, 09:54 PM

It was one of my favourite moments following Hibs.

Absolutely tremendous stuff - well done and thank you to all who were involved in that, and everything else.

18Craig75
29-10-2021, 09:54 PM
If anyone from Since1875 is looking in, can I ask if Ben Kensell made any effort to reach out to you since coming into post?

JimBHibees
29-10-2021, 09:58 PM

Couldn't agree more

JohnM1875
29-10-2021, 10:01 PM
The 'Natural Order?' Is probably my favourite ever Hibs picture. Absolutely perfect.

Must admit gutted the guys are packing it in but I can understand why if numbers are dwindling etc. I might have made a few comments about atmosphere at ER lately, but that was absolutely nothing against the 1875 guys as they're the only real source of it.

Be interesting to see the atmosphere at the next home game.

GreenCastle
29-10-2021, 10:12 PM
How many folk were involved in the group ?

What happens to all the banners ? Did they not used to have a locker in the east stand or ?

I notice they have around 3000 Twitter followers - will this get passed onto someone else or ?

As others have said did Hibs ever each out ? Seems reading between the lines that it the FF lower was used their maybe an appetite to start something up again.

hibeerealist
29-10-2021, 10:23 PM
https://twitter.com/1875_since/status/1454064078016614402?s=20

A real shame. :agree:

Sad to hear as these guys always tried to lift the atmosphere at ER.

jacomo
29-10-2021, 10:38 PM
I was very near the away end at that game and when that was unfurled some of the Hearts fans actually applauded it, in a begrudging "well done" sort of way. It was that good.

:aok:

Love it when football banter is so good the opposition can only go ‘fair enough’.

Forever_Green93
29-10-2021, 10:38 PM
It's sad to read this.

Over the past 9 years i've had a ST in the all the different singing sections (Sect 43 back & front, FF upper etc.) and the folk in since1875 are a good bunch of people, so it's sad to see them calling it a day. Also it's a shame that the group never got a chance to try and build something in the FF lower.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the next generation to start something up.

GGTTH

Just Alf
29-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Thanks to Since1875 for all their hard work. I really hope the club sit up and take notice, we are going to have one of the worst atmospheres in Scotland unless this is addressed soon. And as I'll always say, it is the noise and colour that attracts the younger generation to come along to Easter Road instead of watching the megastars on TV. Lose that and we risk losing a lot more to Sky Sports and BT tooThis 100%

Thanks 1875, you guys are a breath of fresh air.... I just wish you were around a good few years ago!

mcohibs
29-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Disappointed to hear this. Can't help but feel that the club might regret not accommodating the group in the FF lower as that might have kept them engaged and grown the group further

lord bunberry
29-10-2021, 11:09 PM
I suspect that the issue around the famous five will be sorted at the end of this season. Wednesday night just showed the ridiculousness of having the family section there. Noses are going to be put out of joint with fans having to be moved, but it’s for the greater good.
Like everyone else I thank the lads for everything they’ve done over the years and I’ll see you behind the goals next season.

Chuck Rhoades
29-10-2021, 11:12 PM
I suspect that the issue around the famous five will be sorted at the end of this season. Wednesday night just showed the ridiculousness of having the family section there. Noses are going to be put out of joint with fans having to be moved, but it’s for the greater good.
Like everyone else I thank the lads for everything they’ve done over the years and I’ll see you behind the goals next season.

Too late I’m afraid.

DickEDastardly
30-10-2021, 12:15 AM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Class [emoji1319]

lord bunberry
30-10-2021, 12:51 AM
Too late I’m afraid.
It’s never too late. I’m sure these guys aren’t going to stop going, they’re still hibbys. If the club finally see.’s sense we’ll all be behind the goal next season. If someone can explain a downside to me I’d love to hear it. We have the possibility of replacing a piss poor attended area with a noisy group of fans that won’t look embarrassing every time we have a game on tv. There will be people who for some strange reason value where they sit in the stadium over the good of the team, but they’ll either come round or be lost.

LaMotta
30-10-2021, 12:52 AM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Legend mate :thumbsup:

Your bottom paragraph sums up what needs to happen to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road. It amazes me that some Hibs fans can't see that.

LaMotta
30-10-2021, 12:53 AM
It’s never too late. I’m sure these guys aren’t going to stop going, they’re still hibbys. If the club finally see.’s sense we’ll all be behind the goal next season. If someone can explain a downside to me I’d love to hear it. We have the possibility of replacing a piss poor attended area with a noisy group of fans that won’t look embarrassing every time we have a game on tv. There will be people who for some strange reason value where they sit in the stadium over the good of the team, but they’ll either come round or be lost.

:agree::agree::agree:

Agree with every word.

Haymaker
30-10-2021, 01:02 AM

That one will always stick with me. The build up to the derby and there was nothing - no talking of a display, banners, cards, nothing. Thought it was quite strange as S1875 surely would have been all over it... it's a derby FFS!

Then someone posted on here that it was too expensive and not enough time after another display that was recent IIRC.

Was a little disappointed to be honest.

Then THAT banner was dropped. At exactly the right time. Leading to the best photo of old Craigie.

Well played. Well ****ing played.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2021, 01:03 AM
Too late I’m afraid.

No it isn't.

If this club has any pretensions to be better than it is it MUST recognise that no amount of new catering, lashings of green paint or giant TV screens is a substitute for colour and atmosphere in the stands. Complimentary to it yes ... a substitute for it, absolutely not !!

Hibs had a group of fans willing to give time effort and even their own money in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road, their reward for that was to be shunted from pillar to post around the stadium and for the most part, it seems to me at least, treated as little more than an inconvenience by the club.
Just look at that montage of pictures shared by another poster on this thread, if Hibs are seriously not bothered that the people responsible for these iconic moments are so disheartened they have decided to pack it in then they bloody well should be.

In my opinion the demise of 'Since 1875' was inevitable, as it would have been for any group who might have tried to do what they attempted to do, and it can be attributed to one simple thing. In all the time they existed at no time did they have a part of the stadium they could truly call their own. Chucking them into this corner or that corner is what most clubs do to away supporters to minimise their impact, at Hibernian football club we do it to our own most passionate supporters and instead give our most prime bit of real estate over to a demographic of our support who for whatever reasons fail to turn up for about two thirds of the clubs matches.

I am utterly convinced that if Hibs were to rip the seats out of the FF lower and replace them with 2000 rail seats you wouldn't even need a fan group like 'Since 1875' to make it work .... the number of fans attracted to that part of the stadium would grow organically because it's where our young fans would want to be. If we had had that vision from the beginning we would be there already and instead of packing it in 'Since 1875' would be fighting folk off with a ****ty stick such would be the demand for places.

I've seen folk say the middle three sections ... that's unworkable for obvious reasons .... Give the whole thing over, make it safe standing and it will grow and grow because if you go there you know you will be expected to stand, you will not be bothering anybody else who would rather sit to watch the game and our 'ultras' or folk who simply prefer to stand and shout and sing would be able to say ...... 'that's our part of the stadium' ..... meaning the whole of it, not some poxy corner up in the gods, but front and centre exactly where it should always have been.

So no, it isn't 'too late' all that's missing is the vision to make it happen.

Thank you so much to 'Since 1875' for your efforts over the years, there are still plenty of us ( even 61 year old auld farts like me ) who think football should be an experience full of noise, colour and passion and at least you tried to give us that. Respect to you all :not worth :boo hoo:

Kato
30-10-2021, 01:16 AM
No it isn't.

If this club has any pretensions to be better than it is it MUST recognise that no amount of new catering, lashings of green paint or giant TV screens is a substitute for colour and atmosphere in the stands. Complimentary to it yes ... a substitute for it, absolutely not !!

Hibs had a group of fans willing to give time effort and even their own money in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road, their reward for that was to be shunted from pillar to post around the stadium and for the most part, it seems to me at least, treated as little more than an inconvenience by the club.
Just look at that montage of pictures shared by another poster on this thread, if Hibs are seriously not bothered that the people responsible for these iconic moments are so disheartened they have decided to pack it in then they bloody well should be.

In my opinion the demise of 'Since 1875' was inevitable, as it would have been for any group who might have tried to do what they attempted to do, and it can be attributed to one simple thing. In all the time they existed at no time did they have a part of the stadium they could truly call their own. Chucking them into this corner or that corner is what most clubs do to away supporters to minimise their impact, at Hibernian football club we do it to our own most passionate supporters and instead give our most prime bit of real estate over to a demographic of our support who for whatever reasons fail to turn up for about two thirds of the clubs matches.

I am utterly convinced that if Hibs were to rip the seats out of the FF lower and replace them with 2000 rail seats you wouldn't even need a fan group like 'Since 1875' to make it work .... the number of fans attracted to that part of the stadium would grow organically because it's where our young fans would want to be. If we had had that vision from the beginning we would be there already and instead of packing it in 'Since 1875' would be fighting folk off with a ****ty stick such would be the demand for places.

I've seen folk say the middle three sections ... that's unworkable for obvious reasons .... Give the whole thing over, make it safe standing and it will grow and grow because if you go there you know you will be expected to stand, you will not be bothering anybody else who would rather sit to watch the game and our 'ultras' or folk who simply prefer to stand and shout and sing would be able to say ...... 'that's our part of the stadium' ..... meaning the whole of it, not some poxy corner up in the gods, but front and centre exactly where it should always have been.

Thank you so much to 'Since 1875' for your efforts over the years, there are still plenty of us ( even 61 year old auld farts like me ) who think football should be an experience full of noise, colour and passion and at least you tried to give us that. Respect to you all :not worth :boo hoo:Great post.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

30-10-2021, 05:41 AM
No it isn't.

Thank you so much to 'Since 1875' for your efforts over the years, there are still plenty of us ( even 61 year old auld farts like me ) who think football should be an experience full of noise, colour and passion and at least you tried to give us that. Respect to you all :not worth :boo hoo:

Very very well said, brilliant post.

Easter Road is in danger of quickly becoming a library now.

tmb1875
30-10-2021, 06:24 AM
No it isn't.

Well said [emoji1433][emoji1433]

Crunchie
30-10-2021, 06:34 AM
No it isn't.

:top marksGet the cut and pastey man to send this to KP asap. This has to be seen by the board and by our owner in particular.

ronaldo7
30-10-2021, 06:42 AM

Time For Heroes - GGTTH

Well done to you and the rest of the group R.
From green shoots back then when some didn't believe it could happen, to trying to find space in the stadium for all the kit. For the time and effort getting everything ready at Hampden and Easter road. For all the hours you guys and girls put in just for that 1 or 2 minutes, pre kickoff. The timing of the natural order poster was like clockwork, and is even better than time for heroes for me. Enjoy your time with the family mate. You and all the others deserve it. Hibs may not have recognised you all for time for heroes, but we all know who did it. Thanks for the memories. 👍

Chuck Rhoades
30-10-2021, 06:46 AM
No it isn't.

I was that poster who sent the pictures and was part of the group. It was my opinion. Agree with the majority of your post though, but do feel it would be too little, too late for the original 30-40 or so at the core of this the past decade was more my point.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2021, 07:05 AM

The fact is the number of people who actually sit in the FF Lower is minimal. It's at least half empty most weeks.

I was always a bit resistant to forcibly moving people but it seems increasingly ridiculous that an area that is barely utilised for the purpose it was intended is essentially a wasted space. I said on another thread lately that when I started taking my bairn the thought of moving to the 'family section' never crossed my mind. Given the number of families who sit aroubd me in the FF upper it seems I'm far from the only one. Couple that with the poor attendance in the lower and it appears the current family area is nowhere near as popular or sacrosanct as some would argue. My bairn is at her happiest at games when the atmosphere picks up, if a noisy standing section was directly below she would love it. I daresay it wouldn't be that long until I was being pestered to move down there.

It's time for Hibs to engage with all interested parties on this and start finding solutions.

ABZHFC
30-10-2021, 07:12 AM
The fact is the number of people who actually sit in the FF Lower is minimal. It's at least half empty most weeks.

I was always a bit resistant to forcibly moving people but it seems increasingly ridiculous that an area that is barely utilised for the purpose it was intended is essentially a wasted space. I said on another thread lately that when I started taking my bairn the thought of moving to the 'family section' never crossed my mind. Given the number of families who sit aroubd me in the FF upper it seems I'm far from the only one. Couple that with the poor attendance in the lower and it appears the current family area is nowhere near as popular or sacrosanct as some would argue. My bairn is at her happiest at games when the atmosphere picks up, if a noisy standing section was directly below she would love it. I daresay it wouldn't be that long until I was being pestered to move down there.

It's time for Hibs to engage with all interested parties on this and start finding solutions.

Completely agree with your last point. Have the lower tier safe standing, then the upper can be family-orientated. What you’d hope is that the kids sitting above would get more and more excited to go down and join the singing one day, and that way they’ll be hooked going to Easter Road for a longer period. Maybe I put too much emphasis on the atmosphere, but for me it really is a big part of the fun in terms of going along. I really hope the club see the opportunity for this, it simply has to happen next season

Chuck Rhoades
30-10-2021, 07:23 AM
If anyone from Since1875 is looking in, can I ask if Ben Kensell made any effort to reach out to you since coming into post?

I won’t factually answer on behalf, as I have not been directly involved in 18 months.

As far as I’m aware, no. To be honest, the dialogue with the club has always been relatively poor.

Over the years though, I can say with confidence:

Garry O’Hagan - not interested, wanted to control / look down on folk. An aggressive erse.
Greig Mailer - pretended he was interested, all words, no action.
Colin Miller - as above.
Dempster - made no time.

The shinning light was Keith Donaldson, ex-stadium manager I think was his title. He made a relationship with the group and really helped us. No coincidence when he was around the FF move happened, albeit in the wrong part of it. Same with the full stand displays - never approved in the era of others. We weren’t even allowed trackside to make then happen! Keith made things easier for us.

Keith is also a Hibs ST holder.

I hate kicking the club or those running it, but when you’re so passionate about something and dedicated so much to it, it does get at you that lack of return.

We lacked Hibs folk in the staff room, one that could see the vision and passion.

30-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Dempster - made no time.

Thought Dempster wanted us to be a community club?

Yet, there was a community of people from the local community who were proactively spending their own time and money to better the atmosphere at games which in turn helps the team and ultimately the club.

This will have a big impact on the atmosphere. Is this something the Power guy can raise with the club albeit its after the fact now?

But surely the club realise the FF lower can be better utilised to improve the atmosphere.

Typical Scottish football. You have a group of people willing to be proactive and the club make it as difficult as possible for them to do so.

Allant1981
30-10-2021, 08:02 AM
Thought Dempster wanted us to be a community club?

Yet, there was a community of people from the local community who were proactively spending their own time and money to better the atmosphere at games which in turn helps the team and ultimately the club.

This will have a big impact on the atmosphere. Is this something the Power guy can raise with the club albeit its after the fact now?

But surely the club realise the FF lower can be better utilised to improve the atmosphere.

Typical Scottish football. You have a group of people willing to be proactive and the club make it as difficult as possible for them to do so.

Why not take it forward then and look to start a new group

Steve88
30-10-2021, 08:08 AM

Iconic

Keith_M
30-10-2021, 08:09 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, but, in all honesty, not surprised.

The numbers look to have dwindled quite a bit this season so it must be getting harder and harder for them to create an atmosphere at games.

FWIW, I think they're going to be a real loss and just hope other Hibbies step up to the plate and try to back the team.

Thanks for all your hard work guys and this old duffer for one is really going to miss you

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2021, 08:19 AM
I won’t factually answer on behalf, as I have not been directly involved in 18 months.

As far as I’m aware, no. To be honest, the dialogue with the club has always been relatively poor.

Garry O’Hagan - not interested, wanted to control / look down on folk. An aggressive erse.
Colin Miller - as above.
Dempster - made no time.

The shinning light was Keith Donaldson, ex-stadium manager I think was his title. He made a relationship with the group and really helped us. No coincidence when he was around the FF move happened, albeit in the wrong part of it. Same with the full stand displays - never approved in the era of others. We weren’t even allowed trackside to make then happen! Keith made things easier for us.

I hate kicking the club or those running it, but when you’re so passionate about something and dedicated so much to it, it does get at you that lack of return.

We lacked Hibs folk in the staff room, one that could see the vision and passion.

Keith is a really nice guy. :agree: As others have said, well done for all the efforts in the past, i really hope something can be done for the future, and the ONLY place this can thrive and grow is the FF lower.

Come on Hibs, get it done.

LaMotta
30-10-2021, 08:22 AM
Completely agree with your last point. Have the lower tier safe standing, then the upper can be family-orientated. What you’d hope is that the kids sitting above would get more and more excited to go down and join the singing one day, and that way they’ll be hooked going to Easter Road for a longer period. Maybe I put too much emphasis on the atmosphere, but for me it really is a big part of the fun in terms of going along. I really hope the club see the opportunity for this, it simply has to happen next season

I've seen estimates that cost of installing rail seating is about £80 per seat.

So bottom tier of FF could cost about £160,000 maybe plus no doubt some other costs. To me thats an absolute no brainer of an investment to help the atmosphere long term and transform the stadium.

You could argue "spend that money on player budget instead". But that money is about the cost of Drey Wright's 2 year contract. What is the better spend there?

lord bunberry
30-10-2021, 09:11 AM

I’m in the same boat as you, I have a daughter and our season tickets are in the west. The family section should be in the south stand and for the games against the uglies and hearts tickets should be offered in other parts of the stadium. Most fans would be getting like for like tickets in the opposite end of the stadium.

Keith_M
30-10-2021, 09:22 AM
I’m in the same boat as you, I have a daughter and our season tickets are in the west. The family section should be in the south stand and for the games against the uglies and hearts tickets should be offered in other parts of the stadium. Most fans would be getting like for like tickets in the opposite end of the stadium.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting move to the South Stand as well.... but only if somebody could do some kind of survey or something to make sure that a reasonable number of people would definitely move to the FF Lower, as it would be a bit crap if it ended up just as empty every week.

I'm not sure if the club would be willing to do this but maybe if somebody got some kind of petition together, with names of Season Ticket holders, and possibly regular walk-up fans, to demonstrate to them that it really would be worthwhile.

:dunno:

FWIW, if the numbers were large enough and this change did happen, they wouldn't really have to install rail seating, as people would just stand anyway, same as they do in the away end.

18Craig75
30-10-2021, 09:41 AM

Colin Miller - as above.
Dempster - made no time.

Interesting. Pretty surprised and disappointed in that given he came in full of enthusiasm to “meet the fans” and “engage with the support”. Seems to have all gone quiet after much fanfare at the start. It’s almost like the club goes into a state of sleep when Ron goes back to the US, then wakes up when he returns.

GreenCastle
30-10-2021, 09:45 AM
No it isn't.

Great post.

I suggested middle 3 sections - 3 out of 5 but ideally it would be full 5 sections.

I don’t know any other club in Scotland who has done this yet so Hibs could be the first.

Just think Tynecastle and the Hibs fans behind the goal - what a difference it makes.

Having watched some older clips of the FF stand when it opened - it looked good when full but now it’s just embarrassing. Nothing again families or the kids but it’s not working.

Upper FF - only issue is kids and all the steps..
South lower - Cat B games (open up east entrance to avoid away fans).

Maybe it’s worth a petition to get fans to sign to get the club to notice there will be demand for change.

Easter Road needs to improve - even if we aren’t winning then at least the game day experience will be better than it is now with displays and more noise.

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2021, 10:13 AM
Section 43 and Since 1875 have been brilliant. Came at just the right time as the stadium redevelopment, although necessary, risked diluting the atmosphere completely. The lack of engagement by the club over the years is frankly a disgrace. The club should have seen Since 1875 as an asset, the same way Holmesdale Fanatics are an asset at Crystal Palace setting them apart from other EPL clubs.

A sad day but hopefully the Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

gbhibby
30-10-2021, 10:21 AM
I am sure displays at other teams must have club input and be financed by the club. I have not seen Mr Power posting on this thread. Ron has made great play on the matchday experience so now is the time for reviewing this. Since 1875 should have been embraced by the club and the club should be looking at what it can do to ensure that the stadium atmosphere is better than it now is. You need to replicate the type of backing that is given to the team away from home at Easter Road. The fans are the paying customers so the club need to listen to what we are saying. Catering and big screens are only part of the matchday experience so Ben and Ron listen and engage with the fans.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Great post.

I suggested middle 3 sections - 3 out of 5 but ideally it would be full 5 sections.

I don’t know any other club in Scotland who has done this yet so Hibs could be the first.

Just think Tynecastle and the Hibs fans behind the goal - what a difference it makes.

Having watched some older clips of the FF stand when it opened - it looked good when full but now it’s just embarrassing. Nothing again families or the kids but it’s not working.

Upper FF - only issue is kids and all the steps..
South lower - Cat B games (open up east entrance to avoid away fans).

Maybe it’s worth a petition to get fans to sign to get the club to notice there will be demand for change.

Easter Road needs to improve - even if we aren’t winning then at least the game day experience will be better than it is now with displays and more noise.

Well put mate.

It was my understanding that Hibs under the new regime were supposed to be in the habit of tracking the fans social media activity as part of greater engagement with us. If that is the case they have to be aware of folks feelings over this. I know it isn't everybody but there does seem to be growing support for a standing section in the FF lower and the more you see it half empty even at Cat B games where folk should be confident their kids will be safe, the more it looks like a waste of that area of the stadium.

What I don't get is this: As a man undoubtedly influenced by his successful involvement in American sport and American media Ron Gordon should be fully aware of two things.

1) In the American market where the customer is king almost without exception MLS clubs have an ultra's section behind the goals. When new stadiums are built it is practically the first thing they include in the plans because they know the fans want it, check out every stadium built in the last few years or those currently under construction, every single one has a standing area behind the goals. MLS fans want atmosphere because they think it makes their game closer to their perception of European football .... the truth is they are leaving far older clubs like us standing in this area and it's time for us to look to them for ideas. Do folk really think the hard nosed businessmen who have to pay hundreds of millions up front just to buy an MLS franchise before they even start building a stadium would waste money on something if it wasn't worth having.

2) When you are selling anything image is everything. What image of Hibernian FC is being projected by continually having the most visible part of our stadium to the TV cameras half full, how will seeing that on TV encourage folk to want to visit Easter Road, how will seeing that on TV encourage kids to want to support the club? That's why giving the lower FF over to a standing section with rail seats would not be the 'waste of money' some folk claim it would be. A highly visible noisy colourful and well filled FF lower would ramp up the clubs image and encourage folk to visit ER.

This isn't just a small group of fans bitching about something. This is something that needs to happen because it makes sense to do it insofar as it will help the team on the park and be great for the clubs public image.

LancashireHibby
30-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Section 43 were a breath of fresh air at the time, and a real bright spot when everything else was thoroughly miserable.

However, initially with the move near to the front of S43 and then the FF Upper (not necessarily their choice, I know) I felt it all became a little isolated and didn’t really engage with the rest of the crowd. Hopefully the initiative can be seized for the atmosphere to be a little more organic again, although admittedly this is easier said than done when compared to the days of the East Terrace etc.

No denying the hard work they’ve put in over the years, and as others have posted the Time for Heroes and Natural Order banners are iconic. Hope they all continue to continue ‘just’ as fans and can get back to enjoying match days without the pressure of organising the displays and the like.

my left peg
30-10-2021, 12:35 PM
A standing section in the lower famous five would be ideal,could have the family pricing in the end sections of the east,it’s not that long ago the family section was in the extreme south end of the west stand....anything to improve the atmosphere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
30-10-2021, 02:41 PM
A standing section in the lower famous five would be ideal,could have the family pricing in the end sections of the east,it’s not that long ago the family section was in the extreme south end of the west stand....anything to improve the atmosphere.

It's actually 25 years, mate.

Time passes really quickly when you get to our age

:greengrin

jacomo
30-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Well put mate.

It was my understanding that Hibs under the new regime were supposed to be in the habit of tracking the fans social media activity as part of greater engagement with us. If that is the case they have to be aware of folks feelings over this. I know it isn't everybody but there does seem to be growing support for a standing section in the FF lower and the more you see it half empty even at Cat B games where folk should be confident their kids will be safe, the more it looks like a waste of that area of the stadium.

What I don't get is this: As a man undoubtedly influenced by his successful involvement in American sport and American media Ron Gordon should be fully aware of two things.

1) In the American market where the customer is king almost without exception MLS clubs have an ultra's section behind the goals. When new stadiums are built it is practically the first thing they include in the plans because they know the fans want it, check out every stadium built in the last few years or those currently under construction, every single one has a standing area behind the goals. MLS fans want atmosphere because they think it makes their game closer to their perception of European football .... the truth is they are leaving far older clubs like us standing in this area and it's time for us to look to them for ideas. Do folk really think the hard nosed businessmen who have to pay hundreds of millions up front just to buy an MLS franchise before they even start building a stadium would waste money on something if it wasn't worth having.

2) When you are selling anything image is everything. What image of Hibernian FC is being projected by continually having the most visible part of our stadium to the TV cameras half full, how will seeing that on TV encourage folk to want to visit Easter Road, how will seeing that on TV encourage kids to want to support the club? That's why giving the lower FF over to a standing section with rail seats would not be the 'waste of money' some folk claim it would be. A highly visible noisy colourful and well filled FF lower would ramp up the clubs image and encourage folk to visit ER.

This isn't just a small group of fans bitching about something. This is something that needs to happen because it makes sense to do it insofar as it will help the team on the park and be great for the clubs public image.

:agree:

I would continue to choose a seat I think, but all in favour of a standing section and behind the goals is the logical place.

More choice and more differentiation between different areas of the ground is a good thing and would improve the atmosphere and revenue.

WhileTheChief..
30-10-2021, 02:49 PM

:top marksThe club need to scrap this at the end of the season.

If they really want to continue with dirt cheap tickets for kids, just make them available anywhere in the ground on a first come first served basis.

Or if they insist on having a dedicated family section put it in the south stand available for all but Cat A games. They never get used for them anyways as per Wed night.

my left peg
30-10-2021, 03:07 PM
It's actually 25 years, mate.

Time passes really quickly when you get to our age

:greengrin

Ha ha ...this is very true!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
31-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Looks like a new group GATE 7 have been formed according to Twitter.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

Since90+2
31-10-2021, 04:34 PM

Copying the name of one of the most famous and active Ultra groups in the world of Gate 7 Olympiacos.

I'm assuming the people starting would know that so it's a bit odd to use that name IMO.

ABZHFC
31-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Copying the name of one of the most famous and active Ultra groups in the world of Gate 7 Olympiacos.

I'm assuming the people starting would know that so it's a bit odd to use that name IMO.

Aye, agreed, hope it's changed

Since452
31-10-2021, 04:43 PM

Glad to hear it

EI255
31-10-2021, 04:48 PM

I'm assuming the people starting would know that so it's a bit odd to use that name IMO.It's not uncommon for Ultras to copy names. Don't find this strange at all.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
31-10-2021, 04:51 PM
It looked to me from the highlights over the weekend that Aberdeen have thrown out the normally sparse kids section behind the goals and moved a fans group in their place. Seemed to change the dynamic a bit and had an effect to help build momentum and eventually they turn the game from what I seen and an example of what we could also be doing.

Don't know anything about it if that's the case or not could be talking nonsense but that's how it seemed to me.

Since452
31-10-2021, 04:54 PM
It looked to me from the highlights over the weekend that Aberdeen have thrown out the normally sparse kids section behind the goals and moved a fans group in their place. Seemed to change the dynamic a bit and had an effect to help build momentum and eventually they turn the game from what I seen and an example of what we could also be doing.

Don't know anything about it if that's the case or not could be talking nonsense but that's how it seemed to me.

They've called it the "red shed". Cheap tickets aimed at attracting the younger, vocal Aberdeen fans. Brilliant idea and looked bouncing.

Since90+2
31-10-2021, 04:54 PM
It's not uncommon for Ultras to copy names. Don't find this strange at all.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just think it would be better to have a unique name if they want to start their own thing.

Not the end of the world by any means and hope it's a success but personally if I was involved I'd call it something else.

31-10-2021, 05:00 PM

Link?

31-10-2021, 05:01 PM

Noticed that too!

Keith_M
31-10-2021, 05:01 PM
I could give loads of reasons why this is an unfortunate (to say the least) choice of name, but I'll start with THIS (https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/hooligans-invade-youth-game-between-olympiacos-and-bayern) one, and let everybody else look for themselves

I'm sure they don't plan on modelling themselves on that group of thugs, but it is a strange choice

.... not that they'd be interested in my opinion ;-)

Killiehibbie
31-10-2021, 05:03 PM
The “time for heroes “ and natural order . Iconic pieces of Hibs history

Those two are the most memorable, I've still got natural order picture as the home screen or whatever it's called on my phone.

31-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Just think it would be better to have a unique name if they want to start their own thing.

Not the end of the world by any means and hope it's a success but personally if I was involved I'd call it something else.

Vomitorium 8

Radium
31-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Link?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211031/e8252f6de184cc65894daa3bc033e25c.png

https://twitter.com/gatesevenhibs/status/1454853094588694529?s=21

31-10-2021, 06:40 PM

Turnstiles 49 to 52

JohnM1875
31-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Good that there's a new group looking to take things over. But the name makes no sense at all for us. I'm assuming the Olympiakos Group 7 will be due to their location in the stadium?

Anyway, best of luck to them.

A Hi-Bee
31-10-2021, 07:33 PM
Is "Gate" no that crowd that supply crap food to all the airlines when they is flying.

Perhaps a name like the "Lochend Bridge" or the Dockers may be more representative?

Don't really see what difference it all makes what they call themselves, they should be based in the FF behind the goals for sure.
:flag::flag::flag:

The Aberdeen one is called the "Red Bike Shed" after the game they all get on the red bikes and travel home blocking the roads, singing filthy sheep songs as they convoy doon the road.

Alex Trager
31-10-2021, 07:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211031/e8252f6de184cc65894daa3bc033e25c.png

https://twitter.com/gatesevenhibs/status/1454853094588694529?s=21

Seems that account is no longer. Weird

04Sauzee
31-10-2021, 07:55 PM

Due to some confusion they are now called BlockSeven

Stuart93
31-10-2021, 07:59 PM
Aye kick on the young team

Gatecrasher
31-10-2021, 08:19 PM
Who cares about the name, let them do their thing. ER will be better off with a bit of noise and colour.

GreenCastle
31-10-2021, 08:42 PM
Block 7 now

gbhibby
31-10-2021, 08:49 PM

Should be Gate 07

Glory Lurker
31-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Blake's 7, flying the Hiberator.

Radium
31-10-2021, 09:29 PM

If they keep changing their Twitter account twice daily this could get tedious [emoji848]

twitter.com/blocksevenhibs/

JXM73
31-10-2021, 10:55 PM
They can call in thunderbird 6 for all i care, just put them in FF lower and rip out the seats...

Keith_M
01-11-2021, 07:16 AM
They can call in thunderbird 6 for all i care, just put them in FF lower and rip out the seats...

Can you at least wait till I get out of mine first and go for a coffee?

:wink:

Scorrie
01-11-2021, 08:48 AM
Blake's 7, flying the Hiberator.

One for oldies like me!

LancashireHibby
01-11-2021, 09:02 AM
They’ll have to change their name again then when they get moved to FF Lower

H18 SFR
01-11-2021, 10:08 AM
So block 7 as you look towards the East Stand - makes perfect sense.

Good luck to all those in that stand...look forward to moving our seats in the FFL to accommodate you there next season, it simply has to happen.

hibee_nation
01-11-2021, 10:23 AM
When they are in FF lower change the name to Shed 7

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2021, 10:50 AM
Very bizarre choice of name given Gate 7 is the entrance to the away end!! Block 7 also irrelevant when in Section (Block) 45. Strange. Seems rushed to me.

Since90+2
01-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Very bizarre choice of name given Gate 7 is the entrance to the away end!! Block 7 also irrelevant when in Section (Block) 45. Strange. Seems rushed to me.

I don't think they knew about the Olympiacos gate 7 given that it was changed so quickly.

They are obviously just young guys starting out and the name isn't massively important. If the aim is ultimately to get to the FF lower then a more generic name is probably better.

Good luck to them anyway.

01-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Should maybe have gone with New Kids on the Block.

Keith_M
01-11-2021, 08:13 PM

Maybe they plan to move to Section 43.

There's a possible name in there. Wait a minute, wait a minute, it'll come to me...

Pretty Boy
01-11-2021, 08:16 PM
When they are in FF lower change the name to Shed 7

Truth be to we just need to let it ride.

offshorehibby
01-11-2021, 08:37 PM
Why not just continue with Since 1875 but under new management

Jack
01-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Surely Gate ZeroSeven?

LancashireHibby
05-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Why not just continue with Since 1875 but under new management
The Since 1875

darwenhibby
05-11-2021, 03:55 PM
The Since 1875

Very good Matt😂

gbhibby
05-11-2021, 04:01 PM
The Since 1875
Superb 😂😂

offshorehibby
05-11-2021, 05:09 PM
The Since 1875

:greengrin:top marks

jacomo
05-11-2021, 05:48 PM
Luckily, as Since 1875 didn’t go bust, no name change required and they can legitimately hold onto their history.