PDA

View Full Version : Post Match Dispersal

Nakedmanoncrack
28-10-2021, 06:17 PM
Interesting that the barrier was set up in a different place last night, with Celtic fans having to leave via the narrow bridge, whilst we were free to walk up Albion Rd. Wonder if this is going to become the norm this season? Certainly better from our point of view.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2021, 06:51 PM
West stand gates were closed post match and the police said they wouldn’t be opened (normally they open them 10-15 mins after the match).

lord bunberry
28-10-2021, 06:57 PM
West stand gates were closed post match and the police said they wouldn’t be opened (normally they open them 10-15 mins after the match).
They did eventually open them after all the Celtic fans were gone. It was raining so a few people were sheltering inside the stand, but the stewards came round and chucked everyone out into the rain. There was old folk and kids thrown out. I know it’s not hibs decision but it’s disgraceful that we’ve got to wait for the away fans to go at our own stadium. Hibs should be putting pressure on the police.

Keith_M
28-10-2021, 07:01 PM
They did eventually open them after all the Celtic fans were gone. It was raining so a few people were sheltering inside the stand, but the stewards came round and chucked everyone out into the rain. There was old folk and kids thrown out. I know it’s not hibs decision but it’s disgraceful that we’ve got to wait for the away fans to go at our own stadium. Hibs should be putting pressure on the police.

Isn't the gate at the other end open?

:dunno:

lord bunberry
28-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Isn't the gate at the other end open?

:dunno:
It is but it’s long walk back round to sainsburys and involves having to walk through the Celtic fans on Easter Road which is a potential flashpoint for trouble. I go with my mrs and my daughter so I’m not going to risk it. I’m just going to have to find somewhere else to park from now on.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2021, 07:37 PM
Is Hibs v Celtic particularly volatile these days? I'm obviously aware of high profile incidents in the past but nowadays it just seems they like to patronise us.

There were Celtic fans in the Iona pre match last night and I had a blether with a couple of guys from Coatbridge in the Artisan afterwards. Never saw any hint of bother.

I get why the barriers are needed post games against Rangers and Hearts but I reckon Celtic games would pass without too much incident.

JXM73
28-10-2021, 07:46 PM
Dunno, there was at least one **** in the home section singing his rebel songs, was close to a lynching... ****ed off at half time, was on a players comp ticket too.

bod
28-10-2021, 07:52 PM
The gates were opened at 9:55

BS44
28-10-2021, 07:54 PM

But it is Hibs decision to throw everyone out the stand into rotten weather, surely they could let Hibs fans shelter inside until the celtic fans are gone and gates are open.

.Sean.
28-10-2021, 07:55 PM
Dunno, there was at least one **** in the home section singing his rebel songs, was close to a lynching... ****ed off at half time, was on a players comp ticket too.
Aye, the full terrorist songbook got an airing last night too. Tramps. I absolutely detest Celtic and I wish Celtic at home was a bit more on edge like when the Huns visit

green day
28-10-2021, 08:01 PM
it’s disgraceful that we’ve got to wait for the away fans to go at our own stadium. Hibs should be putting pressure on the police.

Unless someone can magic up an alternate route for away fans in cat a games, that won't happen.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-10-2021, 08:02 PM

Gates at that end of West Stand would always be closed until Celtic support are away though, not being held at the other end & forced to wait or go round the long way is a significant improvement on norm.

LaMotta
28-10-2021, 08:04 PM
Interesting that the barrier was set up in a different place last night, with Celtic fans having to leave via the narrow bridge, whilst we were free to walk up Albion Rd. Wonder if this is going to become the norm this season? Certainly better from our point of view.

Be surprised if they did this for Hearts and Rangers game too. Wouldn't take long for fans to get side by side on Easter Road.

Was really quite beneficial last night though.

.Sean.
28-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Unless someone can magic up an alternate route for away fans in cat a games, that won't happen.
Hold them back then like we do at Ibrox?

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2021, 08:20 PM
Gates at that end of West Stand would always be closed until Celtic support are away though, not being held at the other end & forced to wait or go round the long way is a significant improvement on norm.

Yeah - they said it was not getting opened though. I asked the police would it be 10 or 15 and he said the club had decided they’d stay closed. I knew they were lying though.

I walked round to the East round the back of the flats and met the Celtic fans there that had parked behind the away end.

SChibs
28-10-2021, 08:23 PM

The gates opened 2 minutes after people were asked to leave the stand

AliboyFC
28-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Aye, the full terrorist songbook got an airing last night too. Tramps. I absolutely detest Celtic and I wish Celtic at home was a bit more on edge like when the Huns visit

Same.

Alex Trager
28-10-2021, 08:42 PM
It is but it’s long walk back round to sainsburys and involves having to walk through the Celtic fans on Easter Road which is a potential flashpoint for trouble. I go with my mrs and my daughter so I’m not going to risk it. I’m just going to have to find somewhere else to park from now on.

You can go around lochend butterfly way

Antifa Hibs
29-10-2021, 07:41 AM

Except it didn't really, did it. Broad Black Brimmer and Boys of the old Brigade the only songs with a "questionable lyric" and even then both songs are about a hundred years old.

Big bad old firm fans :boo hoo:

Is Hibs v Celtic particularly volatile these days? I'm obviously aware of high profile incidents in the past but nowadays it just seems they like to patronise us.

There were Celtic fans in the Iona pre match last night and I had a blether with a couple of guys from Coatbridge in the Artisan afterwards. Never saw any hint of bother.

I get why the barriers are needed post games against Rangers and Hearts but I reckon Celtic games would pass without too much incident.

Few in Tamsons aswell. I'd like to think any away fan who wasn't acting like a dickhead would be welcome to have a pint anywhere in Leith/Surrounding area but probably not.

Think the segregation works fine. Absolute worst case scenario it probably ends a 10 minute walk or a 20 minute wait for it to clear. There's no bias too, post Scottish Cup Final games at Ibrox, Rangers fans also had to put up with it at Ibrox and could no longer walk round the stadium due to the segregation barriers at our wee corner.

DaveF
29-10-2021, 08:19 AM
Except it didn't really, did it. Broad Black Brimmer and Boys of the old Brigade the only songs with a "questionable lyric" and even then both songs are about a hundred years old.

What difference does it make if they are singing about the misty eyed old IRA or the 70s version? Is one better than the other?

They spout just as much pish as the Huns do.

Laughably singing about being a Roman Catholic when the vast majority probably don't even know where their nearest church is..

Antifa Hibs
29-10-2021, 08:25 AM
What difference does it make if they are singing about the misty eyed old IRA or the 70s version? Is one better than the other?

Laughably singing about being a Roman Catholic when the vast majority probably don't even know where their nearest church is..

If you're talking about what difference does it make in terms of relevance at a scottish football match in year 2021 then its no difference. But if someone's going on about the "terrorist" songbook then there is quite a big difference between the 1920's IRA and the modern day heroin dealing provo's.

wookie70
29-10-2021, 08:27 AM

They did open them from what I heard. I walked round, up Easter Road and right through the Celtic Fans on Bothwell Bridge. To be fair apart from a couple of people telling me I was going the wrong way, to which they got a strong reply, it was no issue as it wouldn't have been saving me a soaking and walking straight back to my car. I'm sick to the back teeth of home fans being inconvenienced by away fans. If the Police are that bothered about fans mixing then keep Celtc and The Thes in their stand until home fans have been dispersed. They sing their party songs while we stand and get soaked or have to walk miles the other way. Changing the position of the barriers and not letting us know is poor too. The Celtic fans stream into Easter Road and meet the Hibs fans anyway so it is just a way the Police can cause a bit more hassle and score some more overtime.

DaveF
29-10-2021, 08:35 AM
If you're talking about what difference does it make in terms of relevance at a scottish football match in year 2021 then its no difference. But if someone's going on about the "terrorist" songbook then there is quite a big difference between the 1920's IRA and the modern day heroin dealing provo's.

You seem to be going to great lengths to make a separation for some reason when it isnt necessary. No one wants to hear about the IRA or the UDA whatever version they may be referencing.

Antifa Hibs
29-10-2021, 08:39 AM
You seem to be going to great lengths to make a separation for some reason when it isnt necessary. No one wants to hear about the IRA or the UDA whatever version they may be referencing.

Great lengths? Two separate sentences that took approximately 48 seconds to write-up....

As I said, valid point about the relevance of songs at a fitba match. Just merely pointing out the "terrorist songbook" thing was BS.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2021, 09:41 AM

Few in Tamsons aswell. I'd like to think any away fan who wasn't acting like a dickhead would be welcome to have a pint anywhere in Leith/Surrounding area but probably not.

Think the segregation works fine. Absolute worst case scenario it probably ends a 10 minute walk or a 20 minute wait for it to clear. There's no bias too, post Scottish Cup Final games at Ibrox, Rangers fans also had to put up with it at Ibrox and could no longer walk round the stadium due to the segregation barriers at our wee corner.

I was actually surprised how little response a lot of the classic songbook got.

A few tried to get the Celtic Symphony going but the 'ooh ahh up the' ra' part largely faded out. Other stuff like Fields of Athenry, Grace and Let The People Sing are just folk songs albeit there is a valid question about whether they belong in a football stadium. The Lonesome Boatman doesn't even have lyrics.

They managed to get one rendition of Roamin in the Gloamin out which I haven't heard in about 100 years (and the last time I did hear it was in a pub rammed with Hibs fans). They really should knock that and the other couple of songs you mention on the head, totally unnecessary.

DaveF
29-10-2021, 09:54 AM
Great lengths? Two separate sentences that took approximately 48 seconds to write-up....

As I said, valid point about the relevance of songs at a fitba match. Just merely pointing out the "terrorist songbook" thing was BS.

It's not really BS though as most people will associate singing about the IRA as a terrorist song. Whether it's 100 years old or not is irrelevant IMO and splitting hairs between modern day drug dealing criminals or big hat wearing freedom fighters really isn't the issue.

Anyway, I don't think we disagree on the actual relevance of the songs at the fitba so will leave it there.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2021, 09:54 AM

:agree: Can't stand them.

JimBHibees
29-10-2021, 09:56 AM

Totally agree depressing as.

tmb1875
29-10-2021, 10:14 AM
The lonesome boatman isn’t a rebel song and it does have lyrics. Like 99% of rebel songs there retelling stories of oppression and tyranny forced upon the very people who founded our club.
There’s No bigger terrorist than the British state. Killed 100x more innocent civilians in the latest Iraq and Afghanistan wars than the ira ever done.

That said singing the rebs is not really relavent in 2021 Scottish football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
29-10-2021, 10:17 AM
The lonesome boatman isn’t a rebel song and it does have lyrics. Like 99% of rebel songs there retelling stories of oppression and tyranny forced upon the very people who founded our club.
There’s No bigger terrorist than the British state. Killed 100x more innocent civilians in the latest Iraq and Afghanistan wars than the ira ever done.

The version of the Lonesome Boatman the Celtic fans 'sing' doesn't have lyrics. They just make noises to the tune.

It is a cracking poem/song but for venues other than a football stadium.

tmb1875
29-10-2021, 10:23 AM
That’s what annoys me about Celtic fans they haven’t a clue about anything they sing about. Uneducated arrogant *****.
Aye it’s a beauty up there in my favourites with Tim Finnegans wake aswell.

beensaidbefore
29-10-2021, 12:34 PM

Surprised at your stance on this given you are usually one of the first voices on here calling people out for use of langrage that has no place in modern society.

The Baldmans Comb
29-10-2021, 05:51 PM
I can't say Celtic fans singing songs about the Irish wars of Independence that are around 100 years old bothers me in the slightest.

I do find it about just as absurbedly weird as you can get though as many of them come from that strange breed of West of Scotland British Unionism so prevalent in the Labour Party. (Scottish branch).

I have always regarded the conflict as an English v Irish war now consigned to the previous century and even at the height of the problem can't remember any Scottish involvement though don't doubt for a minute there was gun running and safe houses.

McD
31-10-2021, 07:23 AM

was there anyone singing songs celebrating or glorifying that, or are you just indulging in whataboutery rather than discussing the topic at hand?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2021, 02:38 PM
was there anyone singing songs celebrating or glorifying that, or are you just indulging in whataboutery rather than discussing the topic at hand?

I think the topic on hand was post match dispersal, before it was taken off at a tangent to the merit or not of songs. But if you are looking for the glorification of the military that you refer to its hard to avoid particularly at this time of year.

Keith_M
31-10-2021, 03:43 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how off topic a thread can go on this site.... and how quickly

:greengrin

Anybody for a flag debate?

McD
31-10-2021, 03:46 PM
I think the topic on hand was post match dispersal, before it was taken off at a tangent to the merit or not of songs. But if you are looking for the glorification of the military that you refer to its hard to avoid particularly at this time of year.

I wasn’t particularly looking for the glorification of anything bar Hibs, although the team aren’t doing a great job of garnering that recently :greengrin