PDA

View Full Version : The Jack Ross poll, #1

Diclonius
28-10-2021, 12:56 PM
We're approaching that lovely bi-annual tradition of wanting the manager out, so let's gauge the feeling of everyone at the moment.

Unseen work
28-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Easy decision for me right now.

Stay.

A couple of games ago if we beat Rangers we went top of the league. A red card cost us and our form has massively dipped.

We’re now fifth due to loss of form and personell.

We’ll get back to where we were.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2021, 01:09 PM
I suggest that you make the votes public otherwise we'll get flooded by maroon balloons who will skew the results.

Perfect Hatrick
28-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Go.

Had enough of watching the absolute dross his teams serve up imo. Would quite like to get back to being able to enjoy watching Hibs play.

jacomo
28-10-2021, 01:13 PM
Nah.

We’re on a bad run for sure but way too early for this chat.

You’ve got to measure things against our objectives. If we are out of the league cup and top six before Christmas then there is a conversation to be had.

Fergus52
28-10-2021, 01:14 PM
Nah.

You’ve got to measure things against our objectives. If we are out of the league cup and top six before Christmas then there is a conversation to be had.

Where I'm at too.

jeffers
28-10-2021, 01:16 PM
I voted go. A lot of it has been done to death already so I won’t mention that, but there were similarities in our performance last night and Man Utd’s on Sunday. More qualified people than me attributed that to tactics and coaching. Add in our defensive frailties with players, especially at the first goal, looking around in confusion as if they had no idea who was marking who. The buck stops with Ross.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Nah.

What are our objectives? Surely 3rd place and at least a final?

Hibbyradge
28-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Nah.

I know where you're coming from, and I'm not a million miles away from you, but I think he has to be given another transfer window.

From everything we know, he was badly let down by the recruitment team in the summer and the injury list has stretched the squad to the limit.

adam middlemass
28-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Think he should stay just now, and hopefully get all injured players back and with new signings also to come in I’m sure things will improve and we can kick on after the new year- onwards & upwards :flag:

Pretty Boy
28-10-2021, 01:21 PM
I voted stay.

If it was announced he had gone this afternoon then I'd shrug my shoulders and move on though. My support for him such as it is, couldn't be described as enthusiastic.

Weegreenman
28-10-2021, 01:22 PM
I’ve been saying it for a while now, we are absolutely dreadful to watch.

Ok so we are missing Doidge but what has happened to his replacement? Scott? Honking!

Watching the likes of Gogic everyweek is just horrible.

He needs to go.

Just_Jimmy
28-10-2021, 01:25 PM
After the final I was ready to bin him.

Now I'm not sure. I'm still very much not arsed if he goes but I don't think I'd actively sack him yet. Let's see where we are at the international break.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The 90+2
28-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Unless there's Alex Neil sounded out, ready to take the role then stay. Even though he's in the Harry Potter school of ***** fitba.

The Modfather
28-10-2021, 01:31 PM
Could there not be a 3rd option, “meh”?

Key West
28-10-2021, 01:32 PM
It's far too early to be panicking, some of the players need to get back to being good at the basics.

Man Down Under
28-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Too early for that chat, every team has one or two bad runs in the season, I bet we'll have a run of wins again soon.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

banchoryhibs
28-10-2021, 01:42 PM
I voted - stay.

One major reason for our slump is the lack of depth in the squad mainly due to our very poor performance in the transfer markets. I'm not sure that that's really down to Jack Ross. Ben Kensell confirmed that Jack will now play a greater part in this so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and place the bulk of the blame on our departed Sporting Director.

Inconsequential
28-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Ross must stay! Changing managers every two years is not the way forward. Being realistic third place in the league is the what the club is competing for and possibly a cup win. The club is in fifth place at the moment. Things can change quickly in football look at Aberdeen winless in ten but beat Hibs and almost beat the Huns and indeed took a point. Hearts and Dundee Utd will falter it's a long season. Keep the faith, persevere. GGTTH.

RossScott1991
28-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Stay. Assess it after Xmas how things are

My issue is I struggle to connect with Jack Ross. He’s too calm and collected and almost sensible everytime he speaks. I wish he would just get abit more fire about him. And I guess that’s the issue when looks like way we approach certain big games.

It went awol towards the end but Lennon era I absolutely loved the rollercoaster and have some cracking games/memories of some of the games. Away in Greece etc.

I guess top coaches with passion are few and far between nowadays.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Stay. I would give him at least Ross County and Livingston. If things don't improve, look at it again.

jacomo
28-10-2021, 01:58 PM

I’d say top 4 and a final, but yes.

These are still possible are they not?

jacomo
28-10-2021, 02:01 PM
I know where you're coming from, and I'm not a million miles away from you, but I think he has to be given another transfer window.

From everything we know, he was badly let down by the recruitment team in the summer and the injury list has stretched the squad to the limit.

Injuries have certainly scuppered us. Of course the two are related… had we done better in the transfer window, we wouldn’t be so impacted.

But I hear what you are saying.

:aok:

SaulGoodman
28-10-2021, 02:08 PM
Do I think he should go? No.

Would I be bothered if he did go? Also no.

Ryan91
28-10-2021, 02:11 PM
Ross must stay! Changing managers every two years is not the way forward. Being realistic third place in the league is the what the club is competing for and possibly a cup win. The club is in fifth place at the moment. Things can change quickly in football look at Aberdeen winless in ten but beat Hibs and almost beat the Huns and indeed took a point. Hearts and Dundee Utd will falter it's a long season. Keep the faith, persevere. GGTTH.

Chopping and changing managers is what led to the slow decline and eventual relegation after the relative success of the Collins-Mowbray era. If we want to strive to greater success and more consistency, we need to ensure that we have stability with our coaching staff.

We've had absolutely ***** luck this year with injuries to key players, something that we managed to mostly avoid last season.

wookie70
28-10-2021, 02:12 PM
He has earned the benefit of the doubt but like others if he left tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear. For all the talk about recruitment I have always viewed the primary role of a manage to be to get more from the sum of parts as you could from the individual parts. Last year he at the very least broke even on that measure and for most of this season he has too.

He should look at the two halves last night and realise the crowd will back the team and him regardless of the score as long as players are making the effort and trying to get in the face of the opposition. The score was the same at the end of the first half and the final whistle but the difference in the stands was very evident when the players started to try and get in the face of their opposite numbers.

There are far too many players jogging to situations, standing two yards off hoping the ball will move from their man and simply not taking the bull by the horns. There is no excuse for that and Ross has to start dropping players when they exhibit that type of attitude. Nisbet is getting hung out to dry playing up there but he still needs to show more desire and even players who I always view as hard workers, like Boyle, have fallen way below their normal standards when we don't have the ball. If players aren't working they should not be picked and I don't have any issue with some of the kids being given a chance. Campbell showed that a bit of energy and endeavour goes a very long way in being a successful player.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 02:13 PM
I’d say top 4 and a final, but yes.

These are still possible are they not?

Why only top 4 though? Surely 3rd should be the aim again after finishing 3rd last season? This season should’ve been the perfect opportunity to cement ourselves as the 3rd best in the country.

IMO the bar was set last season for what we can and should be achieving.

Sir David Gray
28-10-2021, 02:18 PM
I said last night that I was now wanting him out. Having slept on it I've changed my mind and don't want him to go yet but if we don't pick anything up over the next two games then I think it will be time for a change.

Inconsequential
28-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Chopping and changing managers is what led to the slow decline and eventual relegation after the relative success of the Collins-Mowbray era. If we want to strive to greater success and more consistency, we need to ensure that we have stability with our coaching staff.

We've had absolutely ***** luck this year with injuries to key players, something that we managed to mostly avoid last season. Indeed Mr. Porteous! :wink:

Since90+2
28-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Why only top 4 though? Surely 3rd should be the aim again after finishing 3rd last season? This season should’ve been the perfect opportunity to cement ourselves as the 3rd best in the country.

IMO the bar was set last season for what we can and should be achieving.

We are currently 6 points off 3rd. It's not as if thats an unachievable aim.

We've lost 4 games in a row and still sit 5th not far behind.

DIXIHIBS
28-10-2021, 02:44 PM
Think it is time for him to go. Yes the last few games have been awful and prior to that we were pushing at the top end, but i feel it was a bit of a false position. We were getting results but performances were generally poor and eventually that catches up with you. More importantly is the lack of enthusiasm around the club. Maybe it was the disappointing end to last season or covid but both the team and fans are very flat just now and when crowds start to dwindle it is not a good sign and can be very hard to turn around. Its maybe a bit early to make big decisions but sometimes its staring you in the face.

allmodcons
28-10-2021, 02:48 PM

Stay.

A couple of games ago if we beat Rangers we went top of the league. A red card cost us and our form has massively dipped.

We’re now fifth due to loss of form and personnel.

This for me :agree:

Teams can lose form, just look at Aberdeen's recent run.

I think we'll be fine.

Hibs90
28-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Nah.

It’s not just based on this season though

allmodcons
28-10-2021, 02:53 PM

That's what Jack Ross achieved last season was it not. Does that mean you are onside with Jack Ross?

This year we are one match away from another final and it's way too early to call our final league position.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 03:02 PM
That's what Jack Ross achieved last season was it not. Does that mean you are onside with Jack Ross?

This year we are one match away from another final and it's way too early to call our final league position.

It means Jack Ross has a certain amount of credit in the bank yes but means this season will be in direct comparison to last & we’re failing on the league front so far after the first round of fixtures.

I’ve never been onside with JR really. I’ve always been of the opinion that despite not wanting him sacked I wouldn’t be too fussed if he was to leave to go elsewhere.

I’ve also to be convinced that JR’s hibs teams turn up more often than not for the big occasions at Hampden. Think with the current team it would be a minor miracle to beat rangers in the semi.

weecounty hibby
28-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Stay for me. Said it for a long time now but we go through managers at an alarming rate. We need a stable platform to build from and I think he gives us that. If he continues to get us 3rd place and finals then he will move on naturally, if we end up bottom six and fighting relegation he will get moved on. We are 5th, 6 points behind 3rd after the first round of games or so. We also have a semi final to play.

Wilson
28-10-2021, 03:08 PM
He stays for me. We need our injured players back and a good transfer window then see where we are.

Jack Ross has earned that at least.

Peevemor
28-10-2021, 03:09 PM
He stays for me. We need our injured players back and a good transfer window then see where we are.

Exactly how I see it.

Since452
28-10-2021, 03:10 PM

Agree.

Diclonius
28-10-2021, 03:23 PM

Pretty much how I feel right now.

loanheadhibby
28-10-2021, 03:26 PM
We are currently 6 points off 3rd. It's not as if thats an unachievable aim.

We've lost 4 games in a row and still sit 5th not far behind.
Yes but we've only played 11 games.
With this squad and a pretty uninspiring manager I feel the gap will grow.
Hope I'm wrong.

madhatter
28-10-2021, 03:30 PM

What happens if Doidge doesn't come back like a superhero and we don't have a good transfer window?

Mathie has went from having good transfer windows to being sacked. Doidge has went from not some people's cup of tea to the savour of mankind.

We need to be getting a much better return from the players we have. He deserves the right to do that but I feel the time between now and January will decide Jack Ross' future. If we are struggling in the bottom six I really don't care what we do in January as we can't always buy our way out of problems and a write off season after qualifying for Europe is polar opposite to what Jack Ross and the club said they are trying to achieve. We cannot lump all blame on Mathie and transfer windows, we have a decent starting 11 even with the injuries.

where'stheslope
28-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Far to many people on this forum see a bad result and its sack the manager?
I know its 3 in a row, but surely the players are just as much to blame?
Not that long ago we were flying and top of the league, we did not become a bad side overnight.
Granted we were not playing sides that are usually top 4 but you can only play who your against in that week.
Its times like this when a manager starts to earn his corn, its easy when your winning every week!
Give him a chance to redeem himself, until the next defeat, and we can sack him again!!!!

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 03:38 PM
Not that long ago we were flying and top of the league, we did not become a bad side overnight.
Granted we were not playing sides that are usually top 4 but you can only play who your against in that week.
Its times like this when a manager starts to earn his corn, its easy when your winning every week!
Give him a chance to redeem himself, until the next defeat, and we can sack him again!!!!

He’s had 2 chances to redeem himself & “earn his corn” since our annihilation against Dundee Utd. Failed against a rank rotten Aberdeen side who hadn’t won in 10 games then we were 3-0 down v Celtic with in half an hour.

4 points out of the last 18 is relegation form with only dundee equalling that tally after the last 6 games.

Fail to win on Saturday and there’s a serious problem. That’s not even mentioning the eye bleeding football we’re being subjected to most weeks.

madhatter
28-10-2021, 03:39 PM

It's 4 defeats in a row, not 3.

This "bad side overnight" phrase masks everything. Were we really "flying" when we near the top? Aberdeen were spluttering, Celtic were finding their feet and we were playing teams that would traditionally make up the bottom six.

I do not know the full stats but every game seems to be a tight 2-1, 1-0 affair even when we are on top. Watching this Hibs side I still feel its more likely that a team will give us a 3-0 doing than we are to give them it.

Since452
28-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Personally think it would be a mistake if we punted him.

Hibiza
28-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Still struggling to get over the THREE Hampden debacles ( we'll learn from this was the mantra ) we didn't then and would appear we don't now.

Steve20
28-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Incredible the amount that have voted stay. Mediocrity is all we want it seems. And that's all we will get. Wins against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts? No thanks. Win a cup? Nah.

This poll will be hugely in favour of leave come the end of the season. How some can't see he's not capable of turning this round is unreal.

superfurryhibby
28-10-2021, 04:29 PM
I lost faith in Ross after the cup final and it's fair to say that I haven't really changed my view.

This season's league was always going to be tougher and so it's proved. Equally, the clubs recruitment has been pretty abysmal over the last window.
However, there has been a lot of money spent on players (transfer fees and wages/signing on fees etc)that just haven't been worth it. Wright, Murphy, McKay, Magennis, Cadden, Scott and Wood, none have been great value for the club. That will ring alarm bells with Ron Gordon, as will the fans voting with their feet.

weecounty hibby
28-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Incredible the amount that have voted stay. Mediocrity is all we want it seems. And that's all we will get. Wins against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts? No thanks. Win a cup? Nah.

This poll will be hugely in favour of leave come the end of the season. How some can't see he's not capable of turning this round is unreal.

Posts like this are a wee bit annoying to be honest. You're right, everyone else is wrong. Only you have ambition for Hibs. Anyone who doesn't demand the manager is sacked after a couple of losses must be someone who accepts mediocrity. Its not black and white like that. What about if some of us want away from the boom and bust of previous years. And by that I mean the couple of good years followed by a decade of utter pish. We need to be building sustainably and not just sacking managers for not winning every game.
Tell me who the best manager is that you have seen and then tell us how many trophies that manager won. I'll bet unless you are well over the age of 50 whoever it was didn't win any more than one!

One Day Soon
28-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Could there not be a 3rd option, “meh”?

Yes, 'meh' is the option I'd have voted for too.

As it is I can't decide between get rid because this isn't going to get vastly better and hang on because how would anyone else make it significantly better given the squad's structural weaknesses?

loanheadhibby
28-10-2021, 04:46 PM
Personally think it would be a mistake if we punted him.
Do you think he can turn things around then?
I'm not disagreeing but admire your optimism.

Nicho87
28-10-2021, 04:57 PM
Missed the poll

But

I’m out

The Harp Awakes
28-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Like others have said, continually binning managers is not good. It creates instability and is therefore pointless unless you are very confident that the replacement will transform performances.

I voted stay, but I had to think hard about it. Despite the 3rd place finish last season, I don't like the quality of football, and the way every now and then the players just don't turn up for games and look like they canny be bothered.

I really hope Ross turn things around but I have my doubts that he will. I just hope we don't go into freefall like under Butcher.

Since452
28-10-2021, 05:14 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. Others are entitled to theirs.

Box 17
28-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Voted for him to go in the post cup final poll and haven't changed my view.

Since then we've had the transfer window debacle with the resultant downward spiral. Yes we've had injuries but we should have had back up brought in for an entirely predictable eventuality.

That's down to the manager.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2021, 05:17 PM
should he stay or should he go now
should he stay or should he go now

if he goes there will be trouble
an' if he stays it will be double
so come on and let me know

should he stay or should he go

i think stay, for now
i'll maybe rethink at ten to five on saturday

Since452
28-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Do you think he can turn things around then?
I'm not disagreeing but admire your optimism.

I don't know if he can for the simple reason that this is his first real bad spell. He's not had a bad spell to judge him on. I think after a bad defeat over the course of his tenure that we have more often than not bounced back well each time.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2021, 05:44 PM
It's not good enough right now but we're in the first real run of poor form under Jack Ross that I can really think of. There's a lot of injured players that would start for us. We've lost 4 out of 4 games against teams that would go into the games expecting to beat us themselves. So it's not an absolute Jack Ross disaster.

However, the performances have been REALLY bad the past month or so, and under his tenure we haven't been exciting to watch at any real point so it's hard to see where that improves at the moment. But Jack Ross has very much earned the time to turn this around and get something going again. Maybe if we get into December and things haven't improved and are in fact still getting worse then I think we need to have a real discussion about it in the build up to the January window.

Magpie
28-10-2021, 05:50 PM
His record is slightly worse than Lennon’s having played more games. I was a fan of Lennon at Hibs, I just don’t feel the same about Ross.

Under Lennon I felt confident we would go into every game, especially the Old Firm games with a good chance of winning. Under Ross I just don’t have much optimism. If he left tonight I would be excited about a fresh start.

Inconsequential
28-10-2021, 05:52 PM
I lost faith in Ross after the cup final and it's fair to say that I haven't really changed my view.

This season's league was always going to be tougher and so it's proved. Equally, the clubs recruitment has been pretty abysmal over the last window.
However, there has been a lot of money spent on players (transfer fees and wages/signing on fees etc)that just haven't been worth it. Wright, Murphy, McKay, Magennis, Cadden, Scott and Wood, none have been great value for the club. That will ring alarm bells with Ron Gordon, as will the fans voting with their feet. Maybe the players you mentioned are Ron's signings....:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Magpie
28-10-2021, 05:52 PM
It's not good enough right now but we're in the first real run of poor form under Jack Ross that I can really think of. There's a lot of injured players that would start for us. We've lost 4 out of 4 games against teams that would go into the games expecting to beat us themselves. So it's not an absolute Jack Ross disaster.

However, the performances have been REALLY bad the past month or so, and under his tenure we haven't been exciting to watch at any real point so it's hard to see where that improves at the moment. But Jack Ross has very much earned the time to turn this around and get something going again. Maybe if we get into December and things haven't improved and are in fact still getting worse then I think we need to have a real discussion about it in the build up to the January window.

It’s a results driven business, that’s what got Hecky the sack. The new contract until 2024 may delay any immediate reactions but if we aren’t in the top 6 come Christmas I be surprised if he’s here much longer. I don’t think Ron be afraid to sack him, just wary of the cost that comes with it.

Ozyhibby
28-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Stonking majority see that he is the right man for the job. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
28-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Stonking majority see that he is the right man for the job. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

The vocal minority are always the loudest.

we are hibs
28-10-2021, 06:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHibs.net doesnt represent the majority of Hibs fans.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PolmontHibby
28-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Stay - I was not around in the 1960's when we last had managers in top flight with a record of better results than JR, so good enough for me
First sustained poor sequence of results I can live with.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Hibs.net doesnt represent the majority of Hibs fans.

It’s representative though.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2021, 06:07 PM
It’s a results driven business, that’s what got Hecky the sack. The new contract until 2024 may delay any immediate reactions but if we aren’t in the top 6 come Christmas I be surprised if he’s here much longer. I don’t think Ron be afraid to sack him, just wary of the cost that comes with it.

Absolutely. And results have only really been poor this past 5/6 weeks in reality. If that continues for another 4/5 weeks then I think he will be gone. But I think he's earned the right to try and turn it around.

Peevemor
28-10-2021, 06:16 PM
Hibs.net doesnt represent the majority of Hibs fans.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkThe poll didn't go your way then.

Peevemor
28-10-2021, 06:17 PM
His record is slightly worse than Lennon’s having played more games. I was a fan of Lennon at Hibs, I just don’t feel the same about Ross.

Under Lennon I felt confident we would go into every game, especially the Old Firm games with a good chance of winning. Under Ross I just don’t have much optimism. If he left tonight I would be excited about a fresh start.Does this include Lennon's season on the 2nd tier?

Fergus52
28-10-2021, 06:23 PM

Under Lennon I felt confident we would go into every game, especially the Old Firm games with a good chance of winning. Under Ross I just don’t have much optimism. If he left tonight I would be excited about a fresh start.

Where you getting that from?

On wiki Ross has a higher win %, and that's with Lennon having the benefit of a season in the championship where we were the best team in the league.

Crunchie
28-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Stay - I was not around in the 1960's when we last had managers in top flight with a record of better results than JR, so good enough for me
First sustained poor sequence of results I can live with.
:aok: And it's a resounding stay from me too, his first sticky spell and some people want rid? unbelievable.

Since452
28-10-2021, 06:29 PM

I'm amazed his record is worse than Lennon's. Especially with Lennon's horrendous run.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2021, 06:49 PM
I'm amazed his record is worse than Lennon's. Especially with Lennon's horrendous run.

It shouldn’t even be close with a season of Lennon’s being in the championship.

Green_one
28-10-2021, 08:02 PM
We made 3 semis, a final and finished 3rd last season

Brought in some decent players and given Doig his break.

Seems like a manager we should think twice about dumping. And for who?

It’s only October.

WhileTheChief..
28-10-2021, 08:07 PM

I feel the same but would rather Ross stuck around for a while yet. I still think he’s the right man for us, he just needs decent players in.

Appreciate a lot of his signings have been mostly guff but I’m still happy to give him another shot at it.

WhileTheChief..
28-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Lennon got us our record points total in the top flight didn’t he? It wasn’t all bad under him.

Nicho87
28-10-2021, 08:15 PM
I’d be quite happy with Ross if he made us more attacking especially at home. All home games we should be having a proper go.

Sign a couple of players with a bit personality.

We don’t have many imo at the club other than boyle/porteous that seem to have a connection with the fans or get us off our seat.

Get rid of the dead wood.

Hallberg
Wood
McGregor
Wright
Gogic
Mackie

Couple more losses and Gordon before a transfer window coming up will have seen enough not to back the manager and get someone new in

tmb1875
28-10-2021, 08:17 PM
He’s not gonna be shown the door this side of xmas anyway, if we’re not in top 4 end of jan/feb imo he should go then. Failure to get 3rd this season will be a disaster. I don’t think he’ll change as he never seems to learn from mistakes but everything crossed he can pull us out of this spiral.

The Modfather
28-10-2021, 08:21 PM
Lennon got us our record points total in the top flight didn’t he? It wasn’t all bad under him.

It was a bit of a mixed bag with Lennon IMO. An average championship season (1 point better off than previous season with no Rangers or Hearts), excellent second season with the second half of the season amongst my favourite, and an abysmal 3rd season.

we are hibs
28-10-2021, 08:22 PM
The poll didn't go your way then.Boring. As usual. Away start an arguement with someone else.

Peevemor
28-10-2021, 08:29 PM
Boring. As usual. Away start an arguement with someone else.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkHaha. I was right then.

28-10-2021, 08:34 PM
He’s not gonna be shown the door this side of xmas anyway, if we’re not in top 4 end of jan/feb imo he should go then. Failure to get 3rd this season will be a disaster. I don’t think he’ll change as he never seems to learn from mistakes but everything crossed he can pull us out of this spiral.

How is 4th a disaster? 4th last season got entered into the same round in Europe as 3rd and presumably it is the same this season. Depending on who wins the Scottish Cup even 5th could qualify for Europe. We have the 5th biggest budget so 5th is level par as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I think we should be aiming for better but we shouldn't be thinking it's a disaster if we don't get 3rd.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2021, 08:37 PM
How is 4th a disaster? 4th last season got entered into the same round in Europe as 3rd and presumably it is the same this season. Depending on who wins the Scottish Cup even 5th could qualify for Europe. We have the 5th biggest budget so 5th is level par as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I think we should be aiming for better but we shouldn't be thinking it's a disaster if we don't get 3rd.

sure i read somewhere on here 3rd goes straight into group stage next season

tmb1875
28-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Because 3rd gets you guaranteed group stage this season £5mil plus to either us or 1 of our direct rivals.
Can’t see 1 of the old firm not taking the Scottish this year. Missed our chance last year.

28-10-2021, 08:43 PM
sure i read somewhere on here 3rd goes straight into group stage next season

OK, didn’t realise that. Sods law that 3rd didn't get it last season. Makes sense right enough when 1st goes straight into the CL group stages.

wandering_hibee
28-10-2021, 08:50 PM
As the second poster said, if it wasn't for a red card against Rangers we would have been top and not lost Porteous and things would like much better. I don't think therefore that we should be looking for a new manager.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 08:51 PM
As the second poster said, if it wasn't for a red card against Rangers we would have been top and not lost Porteous and things would like much better. I don't think therefore that we should be looking for a new manager.

If we didn’t get beat on penalties from Hamilton we wouldn’t have been relegated.

If my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle.

How are ifs enough to keep someone in a job

Magpie
28-10-2021, 08:54 PM
Where you getting that from?

On wiki Ross has a higher win %, and that's with Lennon having the benefit of a season in the championship where we were the best team in the league.

I posted it on another thread but it’s based on Scottish Premiership games.

Ross league record compared to Lennon.

Ross -

P: 67
W: 29
D: 16
L: 22

GF: 89
GA: 76

Lennon -

P: 60
W: 25
D: 21
L: 14

GF: 92
GA: 69

Lennon slightly better in regards of averaging higher points per match and goal difference.

Magpie
28-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Does this include Lennon's season on the 2nd tier?

Nope. Just Scottish Premiership games.

Peevemor
28-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Nope. Just Scottish Premiership games.Yeah, I see that above. Cheers.

ScottB
28-10-2021, 09:06 PM
Go.

He’s peaked I think, as a manager. He’s not destined for a higher level than this. He’s had more than enough time to coach his ideas into the team, yet they keep making the same basic mistakes and seem to lack the mentality to play decently for entire games, never mind consistently.

If he stays, it’ll likely just be more of the same. He’ll get decent enough results against teams worse than us, while struggling against better. This becomes more of a problem as Hearts, Aberdeen etc sort themselves out and move into the latter category.

He’s taken us as far as he can.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2021, 09:09 PM
So is poll #2 going to take place after the League Cup Semi Final ? :greengrin

Fergus52
28-10-2021, 09:10 PM
I posted it on another thread but it’s based on Scottish Premiership games.

Ross league record compared to Lennon.

Ross -

P: 67
W: 29
D: 16
L: 22

GF: 89
GA: 76

Lennon -

P: 60
W: 25
D: 21
L: 14

GF: 92
GA: 69

Lennon slightly better in regards of averaging higher points per match and goal difference.

Ah fair play, I was looking at all comps

Magpie
28-10-2021, 09:11 PM
So is poll #2 going to take place after the League Cup Semi Final ? :greengrin

I wanted Stubbs gone after the Falkirk game. Then he gave me the best day of my life. I hope Ross wins us a trophy. Slim chances but what’s the point in investing your emotions, money and time into something unless you care.

dchibs
28-10-2021, 09:24 PM
If we didn’t get beat on penalties from Hamilton we wouldn’t have been relegated.

We should never got rid of Fenlon perhaps we wouldn't have got relegated, he got us just outside the top six, changing the manager dosn't always work.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 09:29 PM
We should never got rid of Fenlon perhaps we wouldn't have got relegated, he got us just outside the top six, changing the manager dosn't always work.

Fenlon was ***** as well

We unfortunately replaced him with worse

28-10-2021, 09:30 PM

Do you know for a fact she doesn't?

Del Boy
28-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Stay, but would not be disappointed if he was to go.

If we win neither of our next two games I suspect I’ll be voting go.

jeffers
28-10-2021, 10:02 PM

We didn’t. He quit.

Smartie
28-10-2021, 10:27 PM

I voted for him to stay but it wouldn’t take much to tip me the other way.

I’m far from convinced and I’d be surprised if the same wasn’t true for the vast majority who voted the same way as me.

When Ross took over I thought a new manager could do more with the players than Heckingbottom. I’m not sure anyone else could do much more with this mess than Ross and I think he’ll probably have the best idea how to get us out of it come January.

I reserve the right to change my mind, possibly as soon as the weekend.

ehf
28-10-2021, 10:58 PM
Go.

He’s peaked I think, as a manager. He’s not destined for a higher level than this. He’s had more than enough time to coach his ideas into the team, yet they keep making the same basic mistakes and seem to lack the mentality to play decently for entire games, never mind consistently.

If he stays, it’ll likely just be more of the same. He’ll get decent enough results against teams worse than us, while struggling against better. This becomes more of a problem as Hearts, Aberdeen etc sort themselves out and move into the latter category.

He’s taken us as far as he can.

:agree: Our levels of intensity and concentration are well below any other side in the division.

Stuart93
28-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Do you know for a fact she doesn't?

She certainly didn’t the last time I felt

The Harp Awakes
28-10-2021, 11:14 PM

Our next 3 league games are all away to Ross County, Livingston and St Johnstone. Lets hope we pick up some points from them, but if we were to lose all 3 (and let's be honest, it's possible given our current form), that stonking majority would quickly become a minority.

Cat Stanton
29-10-2021, 10:43 AM
We're approaching that lovely bi-annual tradition of wanting the manager out, so let's gauge the feeling of everyone at the moment.

Thanks.

Currently 70% for Ross to stay. Think it was similar (?) last time this was done.

A helpful reminder that just because all the Ross-haters shout the loudest at every opportunity, it doesn't mean they are in the majority - it just seems that way sometimes because of the amount times they spout the same stuff.

H18S NX
29-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Voted Go,I'm afraid his football does not impress me,even when we are winning,sorry,Only my opinion though.

Is It On....
29-10-2021, 11:12 AM

Stay.

We’re now fifth due to loss of form and personell.

100% agree with you.

H18 SFR
29-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Glad to see the huge majority want him to stay.

allmodcons
29-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Fenlon was ***** as well

We unfortunately replaced him with worse

Genuine question.

Have you ever been happy with a Hibs Manager?

greenlex
29-10-2021, 12:02 PM
genuine question.

Have you ever been happy with anything?
ftfy

Edinburgh Green
29-10-2021, 12:03 PM
I voted go. His football is chronic first and foremost, could count on 1 hand the amount of good enjoyable games I've seen under him.

His record against the so called better teams is very poor. I've also not been blown away by his signings. guys like Wright, Cadden, Gogic, Macey, Scott and Wood are all a bit meh, now granted his hands may have been tied by Mathie, who knows?

I also think that he was very lucky with the draws in the cups to get us to the semi and the final. Judging by his results against Rangers, Celtic Hearts and Aberdeen i'm not sure how far we would of progressed if we had drawn them in earlier rounds.

theonlywayisup
29-10-2021, 12:06 PM
I have always believed that you can't keep sacking managers whenever things, on the pitch, start to go against us. The only managers I wanted sacked were Fenlon (he'd been giving enough time and his time was up) and Hecky (he really was clueless). After the Falkirk game, I briefly wanted Stubbs to be sacked, but accepted that you couldn't sack him just before a cup final.

With regard to Jack Ross, we can't sack him. Despite the last few games, we have been on an upward trajectory. Though that's not to say that I'm concerned about how we've performed this season. He'll be given until the cup semi final IMO and rightly so.

This season has been disappointing, but no surprise to me. After the Euro Conference cup exit, I like many others were stating we needed some decent recruits in. We all know which areas needed to be strengthened way back in August, so I won't take up time repeating it. But it's obvious now how light we are - you only needed to look at the bench on Wednesday. Is that the fault of our manager? I honestly can't believe, no matter what he says in public, that Jack Ross was happy with the squad way back in August and the recruits we brought in at the last moment. The number one reason why we have dropped of the pace so much is down to the lack of decent recruitment.

The other disappointing feature to me is the lack of energy across the team, especially in midfield. Aside from Boyle, we are a very static team. Whilst Jack Ross has a role to sort this out, I really do question our players desire to work hard to get into space when we've the ball or close down the space when we don't. Watch Andy Robertson's movement in the lead up to the Keita goal against Man United. No-one is telling AR to do that apart from his competitive nature. Very few of our players burst the gut until it's too late - the energy levels in the 2nd half was completely different to the 1st half.

Combining the two points above, I also think that some of our players are not fully match fit and are not operating at 100% even if they did have the desire to be competitive. We've had a lot of players out injured and are then thrown back into playing 90 minutes, because we don't have any alternative.

Sacking Jack Ross will not solve anything in the short term and will likely make things worse. All IMO of course.

allmodcons
29-10-2021, 12:09 PM
ftfy

:greengrin That did cross my mind too, just thought it was a bit heartless

Box 17
29-10-2021, 12:27 PM
Thanks.

Currently 70% for Ross to stay. Think it was similar (?) last time this was done.

A helpful reminder that just because all the Ross-haters shout the loudest at every opportunity, it doesn't mean they are in the majority - it just seems that way sometimes because of the amount times they spout the same stuff.

I voted for him to go. I don't 'hate' Ross.

matty_f
29-10-2021, 12:28 PM
This is his longest bad run since joining the club, there’s a load of evidence from his time here and career elsewhere that this sort of run is not normal for him.

I think there are times where clubs shouldn’t **** the bed at the first sign of problems, and i think this is one of them.

Clearly that can’t go on indefinitely but i think taking action now would be very short sighted.

Dalianwanda
29-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Up until the Celtic game I wanted him to stay. After the first half I wanted him to go but now at the moment back to stay. I'd rather we had a manager for a decent period of time & as well discussed I think he was well let down in the summer window. Id like him to get another one to see what he can do. Saying that the themes this year are slow starts & poor defence of crossed balls. Ive not heard him admit his tactics were wrong which gives me the fear as the obviously were on Wednesday.

I do thinks he's a decent manager which was proved in the main by last years results. No replacement manager jumps out at me to replace him but hopefully we more left field with with the new exec and head of recruitment in place rather than the usual names we are linked with (if that time comes & JR doesn't turn this ship around)

29-10-2021, 01:15 PM
She certainly didn’t the last time I felt

🙂

The old Crocodile Dundee Sheila test.

https://youtu.be/WHTPLpY8mBI