PDA

View Full Version : Hibs and the strange case of the invisible seats!

thebausburst
28-10-2021, 11:56 AM
I attended last nights game, least said of which the better, however did want to share my experience of turning up at my allocated seats (West Lower J118 and J119) only to find they dont exist. No I’m not making this up, the first few rows, up to J, stop at 117 and start again at 120, this has not stopped the ever resourceful Hibs in their quest to boost income selling these invisible seats as myself and my mate along with several others in the ghost seats for the preceding rows turning up to find nothing but concrete steps!

In typical Hibs fashion the first Steward we spoke to gave us the standard “nothing to do with me mate, no idea”, the second responded with “sorry I’m just a fire Marshall”, so we inevitably had to move into the “cheaper” available seats of which there were thankfully a few due to the weather/performance etc.

I’d be interested to hear from others who have bought ghost seats and what, if anything, Hibs are doing about this!

G15 Hibs
28-10-2021, 12:06 PM
It's been there for 20 years, you'd think they'd know the seat numbers in it by now!

thebausburst
28-10-2021, 12:13 PM
It's been there for 20 years, you'd think they'd know the seat numbers in it by now!

Just really poor show by the club imo to be cashing in like this and then leaving the affected fans to wander about from seat to seat trying to find an alternative!

Andy74
28-10-2021, 12:15 PM
I attended last nights game, least said of which the better, however did want to share my experience of turning up at my allocated seats (West Lower J118 and J119) only to find they dont exist. No I’m not making this up, the first few rows, up to J, stop at 117 and start again at 120, this has not stopped the ever resourceful Hibs in their quest to boost income selling these invisible seats as myself and my mate along with several others in the ghost seats for the preceding rows turning up to find nothing but concrete steps!

In typical Hibs fashion the first Steward we spoke to gave us the standard “nothing to do with me mate, no idea”, the second responded with “sorry I’m just a fire Marshall”, so we inevitably had to move into the “cheaper” available seats of which there were thankfully a few due to the weather/performance etc.

I’d be interested to hear from others who have bought ghost seats and what, if anything, Hibs are doing about this!

The ticket office is your best bet rather than here.

Spike Mandela
28-10-2021, 12:19 PM
I sit in the west lower and my seat (122) was still there but 2 seats to the right there is a new walkway that leads down to the 4th officials seats. It looks like at least one column of seats have been removed during the covid restrictions.

I am surprised that affected season ticket holders haven’t been informed. So either they will be notified soon or the seats will eventually be replaced.

CMurdoch
28-10-2021, 12:24 PM

You should have just sat in the corporate seats if any were spare.
Phone the ticket office and get a refund.
Informing them will also stop some other poor sod having a similar experience.

Weegreenman
28-10-2021, 01:27 PM
I think you need to speak to the ticket office regards this and maybe fire away an e Mail to Ron.

thebausburst
28-10-2021, 01:30 PM
I think you need to speak to the ticket office regards this and maybe fire away an e Mail to Ron.

Yeah I’ve emailed the club, so see what they come back with, highlighting here mainly to raise awareness and stop other poor sods buying these ghost seats.