27-10-2021, 07:13 PM
Ross is in trouble

green day
27-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Ross is in trouble

Let's hope so.

SlickShoes
27-10-2021, 07:47 PM
My first game back and as an avid Jack Ross fan, I don’t know how we get out of this mess, I guess this is where he earns his money if he can turn around this form. Some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

loanheadhibby
27-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Thankfully, we’ll be saved by Ross County, Dundee or Livi.

Nicho87
27-10-2021, 07:48 PM
3 miserable performances in a row

No reaction to be seen

No smoke without……..

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Brutal formation with Nisbet yet again isolated up front. Celtic's weakness is their defence but we decide to try and contain them.

Half arsed approach to the game and shocking first 20 minutes. Got what we deserved.

greenlex
27-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Brutal formation with Nisbet yet again isolated up front. Celtic's weakness is their defence but we decide to try and contain them.

Half arsed approach to the game and shocking first 20 minutes. Got what we deserved.

Do you really think having two up top would have helped Celtic cutting us open at will?

Jim44
27-10-2021, 07:57 PM
We won’t be relegated and Ross won’t be sacked. For years we were an ordinary team constantly in danger of being relegated. This team at present is ordinary but will hover around the middle of the table.

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Do you really think having two up top would have helped Celtic cutting us open at will?

2 up front would have stopped their central defenders striding up to the half way line unopposed. We were camped in our 18 yard box continually as a result.

greenlex
27-10-2021, 08:06 PM
2 up front would have stopped their central defenders striding up to the half way line unopposed. We were camped in our 18 yard box continually as a result.

Have to disagree. Their central defenders are the least of our problems. Two up too takes a midfielder out our midfield. They are passing it about in there for fun as it is. The last thing we need to give them is more space. We should be hounding them at every opportunity. Tracking runners are set pieces wouldn’t go amiss either.

tonyrougier123
27-10-2021, 08:12 PM
Recruitment has been sub standard for too long,we always drop the ball when we look like we could build a decent side.not enough done in transfer market for 3 seasons and it shows.
Jack Ross not entirely blameless hope he can turn this around for the club.

high bee
27-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Let down by recruitment, here’s hoping the return of Doidge and the Jan transfer window won’t come to late to still have a decent season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
27-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Let down by recruitment, here’s hoping the return of Doidge and the Jan transfer window won’t come to late to still have a decent season.

It's almost the exact team that finished third last year. Aye, we all know and agree we needed to add bodies for competition etc. But we are surely right to expect much much better from this current team!

Nicho87
27-10-2021, 09:02 PM
All clubs have injuries etc

That excuse doesn’t wash for me

Players are gone for Ross imo

Since452
27-10-2021, 09:02 PM
It's almost the exact team that finished third last year. Aye, we all know and agree we needed to add bodies for competition etc. But we are surely right to expect much much better from this current team!

The impact of Doidge missing can't be understated. It's a big reason that Nisbet isn't the same.

Spike Mandela
27-10-2021, 09:04 PM
Much better in the second half tonight. Hopefully we can kick on starting Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2021, 09:06 PM
Much better in the second half tonight. Hopefully we can kick on starting Saturday.

Didn't see it, I left at 0-3. I don't think I've ever left a match so early, but I couldn't take any more. We are really struggling.

Unseen work
27-10-2021, 09:08 PM
The first half was shocking.

But as a manager what can you do when your players can’t defend two set pieces?

2-0 down in what 14 minutes because they can’t stay tight/follow their men at a set piece?

It’s amateur and players not taking responsibility.

Smartie
27-10-2021, 09:10 PM
The first half was shocking.

But as a manager what can you do when your players can’t defend two set pieces?

2-0 down in what 14 minutes because they can’t stay tight/follow their men at a set piece?

It’s amateur and players not taking responsibility.

Does the man who trains them every day not take any responsibility for how we, as a team, defend set pieces?

high bee
27-10-2021, 09:11 PM

Agreed but we’re so thin in the ground IMO, Doidge is a huge miss and Nisbet’s form has fallen off a cliff. We were doing well up until 4 games ago and I honestly believe if we had better cover we’d be okay.

JohnM1875
27-10-2021, 09:11 PM
The impact of Doidge missing can't be understated. It's a big reason that Nisbet isn't the same.

Thought that as well but not so sure after tonight. Even having Doidge back in that team I can't see Nisbet playing any better.

Not sure what's wrong with McGinn either, nowhere near as consistent as last year. Doig shouldn't be starting anywhere near as many games for us as he does. Needs games here and there. Hanlon doesn't look the same either.

Genuinely the only two players I enjoy watching right now are Boyle and at least Porto tries to get us moving forward.

Expect much more from about nine other players right now.

BegbieHSC
27-10-2021, 09:13 PM
We were 3rd last year, and we’re now closer to 10th than 3rd. I know we’re now only a quarter of the way through the season, but that’s us now through the first round of fixtures.

I don’t reckon we’re in danger of relegation, but Ross and Gordon have stated on multiple occasions that we should be in and around the best of the rest consistently, in Europe every year. On current form, it looks like we can’t even get the consistency to do it two seasons in a row.

It’s doesn’t feel long ago since we were talking about filling in the corners, selling out the home ends against even the dross. Easter Road, despite looking wonderful now, is quite depressing. We’ve lost 2000 ST holders in as many years - if this form continues, I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 2000 more for 2022/23.

I sincerely hope the board aren’t asleep at the wheel. They need to take their share of the responsibility with regards to our poor recruitment. We had a real feel-good factor after 2016, which sadly seems to have gone. I just hope our current board aren’t content with avoiding relegation and crowds of 7,000+, as Petrie co were pre 2014. We know how that ended…

Smartie
27-10-2021, 09:16 PM
Thought that as well but not so sure after tonight. Even having Doidge back in that team I can't see Nisbet playing any better.

Not sure what's wrong with McGinn either, nowhere near as consistent as last year. Doig shouldn't be starting anywhere near as many games for us as he does. Needs games here and there. Hanlon doesn't look the same either.

Genuinely the only two players I enjoy watching right now are Boyle and at least Porto tries to get us moving forward.

Expect much more from about nine other players right now.

I thought that when we were reeling during that first half spell, Paul McGinn was about the only one pulling his weight. He had a tough wee duel going on with Johnston and I think he was our only man winning his personal battle.

He’s attracted criticism for his role in letting crosses in earlier this season, maybe rightly so, but during our recent poor spell he’s been blameless tonight and on Saturday and he missed the United game.

Unseen work
27-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Does the man who trains them every day not take any responsibility for how we, as a team, defend set pieces?

You can do all the training on set pieces as you want but it comes down to the player at the end of the day.

Ralston is totally unmarked and Carter Vickers gets the run on Porteous

There is nothing Ross can do about that.

He can of course sign players in January that take a bit of pride defensively - if the board don’t do him over again.

Heisenberg
27-10-2021, 09:21 PM
You can do all the training on set pieces as you want but it comes down to the player at the end of the day.

Ralston is totally unmarked and Carter Vickers gets the run on Porteous

There is nothing Ross can do about that.

He can of course sign players in January that take a bit of pride defensively - if the board don’t do him over again.

It’s not just a one off tonight though. Players have been failing to defend these situations all season. That’s on the manager.

JohnM1875
27-10-2021, 09:21 PM
I thought that when we were reeling during that first half spell, Paul McGinn was about the only one pulling his weight. He had a tough wee duel going on with Johnston and I think he was our only man winning his personal battle.

He’s attracted criticism for his role in letting crosses in earlier this season, maybe rightly so, but during our recent poor spell he’s been blameless tonight and on Saturday and he missed the United game.

Aye I thought he was okay in the first wee spell. But he was absolutely done in with about 20 minutes to go and genuinely think he hasn't been as consistent as last season. Might well be amount of games. Just expect a wee bit more from him.

Onion
27-10-2021, 09:22 PM
Got to pray Boyle stays fit. Without him, we're definitely relegation fodder.

wookie70
27-10-2021, 10:36 PM

Not sure I would say he was winning that contest but he was giving his all to do so and I think he was the only player in the first 20 minutes that actually closed a man down.

27-10-2021, 10:37 PM
Lose on Saturday and it's shades of 97/98 stuff.

I'm not sure this team currently has the fight in them required for a relegation scrap or Jack Ross is the man to fully motivate a team.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2021, 12:17 AM
The first half was, the second half wasn't. Why the hell we allowed Celtic as much time as they wanted to play up to half way in the first half is baffling, after half time we had a man on everybody in their back line at by kicks or when their keeper had possession and the difference was night and day, we won the ball back far more often and we actually gained momentum in the game as a result.

Weegreenman
28-10-2021, 12:28 AM
Mistakes all over the place, Macey and Porto both at fault. Gogic is just awful and Nisbet has no interest in being at the club by the looks of it.

Jack Ross tactical nouse has been shown up for what it is, piss poor.

Once again we failed to come out the box and stamp our authority on the game. It’s beyond a joke now and I’m afraid Jack you need to take the ultimate blame.

Allant1981
28-10-2021, 05:15 AM
Mistakes all over the place, Macey and Porto both at fault. Gogic is just awful and Nisbet has no interest in being at the club by the looks of it.

Jack Ross tactical nouse has been shown up for what it is, piss poor.

Once again we failed to come out the box and stamp our authority on the game. It’s beyond a joke now and I’m afraid Jack you need to take the ultimate blame.

agree with the first part of your post but there havent been many times we have stamped our authority against celtic, they are a much better team than us and it was clearly shown last night, doesnt mean they cant show a bit of fight though but we werent going to dominate last night

bigwheel
28-10-2021, 05:53 AM
Our next three league games can either reset our season looking upwards, or establish us in our slide to the teams the teams over our shoulder…Ross County, St Johnstone and Motherwell. Two out of three away from home, where our recent seasons results have largely been good.

Our performance levels will need to be much improved from recent weeks to get decent results. Will tell us if this team has been suffering a blip, or that’s where we are now…

Steve20
28-10-2021, 08:29 AM
There's absolutely no chance we'll be in a relegation battle. No way.
However, there's no chance either we'll be in the mix for a European place this season and certainly no chance we're winning a cup. And that's shocking since we should have won at least one last season. We messed that up and are now going backwards. Mid table mediocrity is a certainty with this squad and this manager.

EI255
28-10-2021, 10:10 AM
This is what happens when our purse is only half filled in the summer.

Shrewd Hibs as usual.

Guff.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

basehibby
29-10-2021, 02:02 PM
The relegation fodder chit chat is outrageous drivel - that said you have to wonder just what has gone wrong this last few weeks to take a side unbeaten in the league and riding high to where we are right now so quickly. Dundee Utd was a truly woeful performance even if we had three starters out. And if Aberdeen & Celtic were always going to be tough games there has still been little to inspire confidence from those two games. Poor recruitment resulting in little options to change things is one obvious reason - but theres more to it than that - it's like someone has flicked a switch in the players heads suddenly enabling instant gashness! Jack had better find a way to unflick it pronto or the moaning will only get louder and the pressure more intense.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Shipping goals and unable to score at the other end is never a good sign.

Bad enough when you have issues with just one of them but we need to work on both of them and find solutions quickly.

The players need to dig deep and start to work harder. There’s no hiding place now.

flash
29-10-2021, 02:31 PM
However, there's no chance either we'll be in the mix for a European place this season and certainly no chance we're winning a cup. And that's shocking since we should have won at least one last season. We messed that up and are now going backwards. Mid table mediocrity is a certainty with this squad and this manager.
How can mid table mediocrity be a certainty when we finished 3rd last season with the same squad?

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2021, 01:59 PM
This is what happens when our purse is only half filled in the summer.

Shrewd Hibs as usual.

Guff.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Funny coz when I think back to the summer transfer window thread on here loads of us were called bed wetter for bemoaning the lack of summer signings and that we deffo needed to sign another centre half and a striker - sadly and I'm gutted it happened but a lot of us saw this coming....sadly for us the board and Mathie never. Ross is not blameless in all this but he's been dealt a duff hand by the board and the recruitment side of things and we are in a bit of bother till Doidge is fully fit and Jan arrives. As for Nisbet I'd sell him to the highest bidder in Jan.. get rid his attitude stinks to high heaven

Fergus52
30-10-2021, 02:58 PM

Some massive exaggerations going on here.

Top 5 all get Europe this season, as long as someone in top 5 wins the cup. We're sitting 5th after a terrible run of form but somehow we won't even be in contention to get top 5?

Likewise we have "zero chance" of winning a cup despite being in a semi against a team we were beating comfortably a couple of weeks ago before the red card.

You might think either are unlikely but saying there's absolutely no chance of either is ridiculous tbh, don't know how you can expect to be taken seriously.