PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Info V Celtic

HibsAnnouncer
26-10-2021, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone looking forward to the game tomorrow. Following on from a lot of the feedback on here recently I am going to try open up the communication of pre match production, hospitality guests, music and half time activity so everyone knows what to expect both in the suites and stadium for each game.

So hopefully you find it useful and as always I’m keen to hear feedback and take on board any comments that we get from it. Let me know if this is a good start and or if there is anything else you would like to hear from me match day wise.

Pre Match:-
To celebrate the anniversary of our Skol Cup winning squad, I will have players from the cup winning squad with me both in hospitality and pitch side (7.25) to have a chat about their memories from the day. We will then have a special video montage to mark the occasion straight after.

HIBS HEROES
For the last year or two I have been in contact with local band Retrovideoclub, with the view to trying to get them to record a new current version of Hibs Heroes for us. Following on from their one off performance of the track on BBC introducing, we felt it would be a great move to try bring such a huge hibs classic forward to current times. We are delighted share the news that the track is now ready and will make it’s debut at Easter Road tomorrow evening.

I am really keen to push local bands in our match day and see this as a great start to making that happen.

Minutes Silence
Following on from the news of the passing of Walter Smith today, the SFA have requested that all clubs respect a one minutes silence prior to kick off. I will make a short announcement before this is made prior to kick off.

Countdown
After the minutes silence we will have a countdown to kick off on the big screens, you may have noted we have introduced a new 10 second countdown onto the screens previously to give us a little bit of energy and to countdown to the ref getting the game underway. If you haven’t already seen this will now be in place before every home game.

Match Activity
You may have seen a few threads or tweets doing the rounds on Twitter about joining in to support of minutes applause for the passing of two hibs fans. We have been contacted about announcing these at half time for applause in the 55 minute and the 60th minute.

As always you can get hold of me in the following places:
Instagram : barriewilkins
Twitter: barriestweeting
Announcements : Twitter - HibsAnnouncer

DaveF
26-10-2021, 08:35 PM
I know it's a sensitive subject but a minute's silence and then 2 mins applause just 5 mins apart - it's all a bit much for me.

Carheenlea
26-10-2021, 09:04 PM
I think it’s time to knock the minutes applauses on the head during the game. It’s almost a weekly occurrence and with the vast majority of the support not knowing the individuals who have sadly passed on, any applause is really out of a sense of obligation rather than a heartfelt tribute.

A fixture near the end of the season could be selected where we can pay tribute to those fans who have passed away during the year. With the big screens you can display pictures/videos submitted by loved ones and for me, that would be a far better way of recognising those fans who are no longer here.

JimBHibees
26-10-2021, 09:14 PM
Wee bit surprised it is a silence for Walter.

tmb1875
26-10-2021, 09:14 PM
No offence and appreciate all your hard work and effort, but for me hibs heroes should be left exactly as it is. Doesn’t need any modern reboot. There’s not another hibs song that gets the blood pumping like it! Good idea about the local bands playing pre match tho [emoji1433]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmack7
26-10-2021, 09:16 PM
Maybe a message on the screens at HT about those who have sadly passed could be looked at in the future, a minute's applause on 55 and 60mins may well get lost

Frazerbob
26-10-2021, 09:17 PM
I know it's a sensitive subject but a minute's silence and then 2 mins applause just 5 mins apart - it's all a bit much for me.

Then don’t clap. Hardly a huge hardship.

wookie70
26-10-2021, 09:21 PM
I 'd rather we never did the claps either. I think a few words from the announcer and acknowledging the passing of supporters would give the recognition deserved at the time and then some sort of minutes silence at the start or end of the season to commemorate the passing of all good Hibees.

The minutes applause sucks whatever atmosphere out of the game that has built up and if a team does eventually score during one(more chance if we are now having them more than once a game) then it will be hardly very respectful, particularly if it is the opposition. I have no issue with marking the passing of good Hibs people but not within the 90 minutes play.

gbhibby
26-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Maybe a message on the screens at HT about those who have sadly passed could be looked at in the future, a minute's applause on 55 and 60mins may well get lost
Agree that's a better way to do it good use of the screens.

Iggy Pope
26-10-2021, 09:36 PM
I agree it’s getting daft. A minutes applause 5 minutes apart is distracting at best, becoming meaningless . Think there might be other ways to celebrate lives spent at ER ?

Also surprised at a minute for Walter Smith. We appear to have let a couple of our own slip by (fairly ) recently with less acknowledgement. Are we likely to see him appearing on the big screens too? Please say no. Nice guy and all that but not relevant to Hibs at all.

Andy74
26-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Agree that the consensus has been in recent discussions is that the applauses are getting silly.

We call spare a minute but that really isn’t the point.

We really should consider not facilitating these things. Reality is there’s good Hibs supporters dying every day.

GreenCastle
26-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Nice to know what the plan will be.

Any plans for half time ?

This will be the largest attendance at Easter Road since covid break.

AL-Qaholik
26-10-2021, 09:52 PM
Have to (respectfully) agree.
Having the names of those who’ve passed announced before the start of the match
would surely be better?
This would also mean any clapping etc was more meaningful rather than folk
just joining in because they see other people doing it without knowing the context etc.

Just my tuppence worth, mind you.

HibsAnnouncer
27-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Have to (respectfully) agree.
Having the names of those who’ve passed announced before the start of the match
would surely be better?
This would also mean any clapping etc was more meaningful rather than folk
just joining in because they see other people doing it without knowing the context etc.

Just my tuppence worth, mind you.

Hi all,

To be honest it’s something we have discussed for quite some time now and it may be looked at again. There are some great suggestions being passed about we handle this and I’ll take that forward and see how we can come up with a respectful solution for all. It’s a really sensitive subject as it’s something that we have done at the club for as long as I can remember however, I have seen clubs down south mark their respective collectively on their screens and it may be a solution if the feedback continues like this.

I can take that feedback post this game. We have only really announced the passings and left it up to the fans to do the rest. This week seems to be a little different in that we have a couple of separate requests for applause aswell as the silence for Walter. It’s a tough one but fully appreciate everyone’s feedback.

CentreLine
27-10-2021, 05:48 AM
I am in the corner that is not keen on the applause thing. Every respect to the friends and family of the lost soul and the club have lost a great supporter but I don’t think the joy, fun and entertainment value of attending a football match is enhanced by turning it in to a memorial.
I would like to put twopence worth behind those who believe a pre-match mention on the big screen to those we miss but the applause thing doesn’t really work for me.

JimBHibees
27-10-2021, 05:52 AM
Hi all,

To be honest it’s something we have discussed for quite some time now and it may be looked at again. There are some great suggestions being passed about we handle this and I’ll take that forward and see how we can come up with a respectful solution for all. It’s a really sensitive subject as it’s something that we have done at the club for as long as I can remember however, I have seen clubs down south mark their respective collectively on their screens and it may be a solution if the feedback continues like this.

I can take that feedback post this game. We have only really announced the passings and left it up to the fans to do the rest. This week seems to be a little different in that we have a couple of separate requests for applause aswell as the silence for Walter. It’s a tough one but fully appreciate everyone’s feedback.

Think some of the English clubs do this very well. Think it was Sunderland in a TV game a few years back and in their last home game of the season listed all the names of their fans on their screens that had sadly died during that season then had a minutes silence. Was very moving and poignant.

Since452
27-10-2021, 05:55 AM
Im not a fan of the minutes applause during a game. Very sorry for people's losses but to me that's a private thing. I'd feel a bit awkward asking everyone to clap for a relative that tens of thousands at the game didn't know and feels a bit too selective for me. I'm there to forget about the bad things in life and watch a game. Big screen announcement is a decent idea.

DaveF
27-10-2021, 06:26 AM
Then don’t clap. Hardly a huge hardship.

Cheers, never though of that 🙄

mcohibs
27-10-2021, 06:31 AM
Agree that the consensus has been in recent discussions is that the applauses are getting silly.

We call spare a minute but that really isn’t the point.

We really should consider not facilitating these things. Reality is there’s good Hibs supporters dying every day.

Don't clap then, no one's forcing you

bod
27-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Wee bit surprised it is a silence for Walter.

I think he deserves silence than applause such as he achieved

Andy74
27-10-2021, 07:13 AM

This continues to be just a stupid response to this subject.

bod
27-10-2021, 07:14 AM
I think it’s time to knock the minutes applauses on the head during the game. It’s almost a weekly occurrence and with the vast majority of the support not knowing the individuals who have sadly passed on, any applause is really out of a sense of obligation rather than a heartfelt tribute.

A fixture near the end of the season could be selected where we can pay tribute to those fans who have passed away during the year. With the big screens you can display pictures/videos submitted by loved ones and for me, that would be a far better way of recognising those fans who are no longer here.

Last game before Christmas we could have a minutes applause for all we’ve lost with perhaps pictures of them in hibs gear on the screens prior to kick off

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 07:23 AM

Then you are faced with family members having to deal with a pretty scattered reaction to something that's clearly important and emotional for them.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2021, 07:27 AM

Agreed, hate to sound harsh, but I no longer participate in these applause tributes.

mcohibs
27-10-2021, 07:46 AM
This continues to be just a stupid response to this subject.

How? Are people really that easily led that if people are clapping around them they feel they have to join in?

If you want to show respect, then clap. Don't like it, don't clap. It's a total non issue.

bigwheel
27-10-2021, 07:47 AM
With the greatest of respect to those suffering losses of people close to them - really wish the club adopted a tribute game for all the lost Hibees at the end of each season ….we could create a memorial site online and even physical leaflet and make it a moment for everyone connected with those lost, and the club, to remember our lost Hibee family .

Perfect Hatrick
27-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Absolutely tons of tickets left for this tonight.

Get yourself along if you can.

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 08:04 AM
Absolutely tons of tickets left for this tonight.

Get yourself along if you can.

Br surprises if there's much more than 11k in the ground tonight, even with a full away end.

Peevemor
27-10-2021, 08:17 AM
Br surprises if there's much more than 11k in the ground tonight, even with a full away end.

Less than 7k hibees? I doubt it.

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 08:18 AM
How? Are people really that easily led that if people are clapping around them they feel they have to join in?

If you want to show respect, then clap. Don't like it, don't clap. It's a total non issue.

That’s pretty much how it happens. Wasn’t it a European game where they scored during the applause? It never lasted long and therefore was ruined. I can’t remember it always being a thing either, definitely seems fairly recent to me. Now it just seems to happen each week, and would be far more meaningful if it was done - as suggested - on a specific day of the season/year (possibly even last game of the calendar year for everyone that year), with announcements and the big screen coming into play. Would feel far more personal.

Dublin07
27-10-2021, 08:31 AM
I agree it’s getting daft. A minutes applause 5 minutes apart is distracting at best, becoming meaningless . Think there might be other ways to celebrate lives spent at ER ?

Also surprised at a minute for Walter Smith. We appear to have let a couple of our own slip by (fairly ) recently with less acknowledgement. Are we likely to see him appearing on the big screens too? Please say no. Nice guy and all that but not relevant to Hibs at all.

Walter Smith was a former Scotland manager and should therefore have a minutes silence at all Scottish grounds.

bingo70
27-10-2021, 08:36 AM
Less than 7k hibees? I doubt it.

That was my initial thought but it’s possibly not far off the truth.

A lot of kid season ticket holders don’t go to midweek games or games against the old firm sides.

We won’t have sold many walk up tickets and a lot of season ticket holders simply won’t bother going for a number of reasons.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Let’s hope we don’t have loads of people complaining about access being delayed due to Covid checks. Everyone has been told so no excuse for not being prepared.

Smartie
27-10-2021, 08:43 AM
Season ticket holders being able to watch from home definitely affects the crowd.

I’m working late tonight and will have bags with me. In the past I’d have nipped along late, have my bag quickly checked and watch as much of the game as there is left.

Reading about the bag situation etc I can’t really be bothered with the chances of being turned away when I can just go home and watch it there.

And that way if it’s as grim as it has the potential to be you can just flick over and do something else.

Peevemor
27-10-2021, 08:45 AM
That was my initial thought but it’s possibly not far off the truth.

A lot of kid season ticket holders don’t go to midweek games or games against the old firm sides.

We won’t have sold many walk up tickets and a lot of season ticket holders simply won’t bother going for a number of reasons.

I'd still be very surprised. It's the first 'big' game at ER in over 18 months and for there to be less than 7k hibs supporters there that would mean more than a third of ST holders not attending and zero walk-ups.

I really don't see it.

Jay
27-10-2021, 08:51 AM

I'm sure I saw one for the 49th minute too. I have total respect and sympathy for the families in their loss but I agree its not appropriate and gets very diluted and confusing at times. The big screens may the answer to a sensitive subject. Would be nicer for the families to see a message of condolence there at half time I think.

sauzee=legend
27-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Last game before Christmas we could have a minutes applause for all we’ve lost with perhaps pictures of them in hibs gear on the screens prior to kick off

100% perfect idea.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2021, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Pre Match:-
To celebrate the anniversary of our Skol Cup winning squad, I will have players from the cup winning squad with me both in hospitality and pitch side (7.25) to have a chat about their memories from the day. We will then have a special video montage to mark the occasion straight after.

HIBS HEROES
For the last year or two I have been in contact with local band Retrovideoclub, with the view to trying to get them to record a new current version of Hibs Heroes for us. Following on from their one off performance of the track on BBC introducing, we felt it would be a great move to try bring such a huge hibs classic forward to current times. We are delighted share the news that the track is now ready and will make it’s debut at Easter Road tomorrow evening.

I am really keen to push local bands in our match day and see this as a great start to making that happen.

Minutes Silence
Following on from the news of the passing of Walter Smith today, the SFA have requested that all clubs respect a one minutes silence prior to kick off. I will make a short announcement before this is made prior to kick off.

The skol cup win is one of my first memories as a hibs fan, travelling through to Glasgow and seeing the hibs fans in other cars with scarfs out the windows was great as a kid. Great to see the team getting some love.

I look forward to hearing the updated version, the original will always have a place at the club, fingers crossed the updated one will do the same for the younger ones that the original did for us.

I hope the silence is respected, I think in terms of minute silence not many Rangers managers should get one away from Ibrox but WS was a very familiar face of Sottish football for a long time.

JXM73
27-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Is the telly fixed?

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 09:07 AM
I'd still be very surprised. It's the first 'big' game at ER in over 18 months and for there to be less than 7k hibs supporters there that would mean more than a third of ST holders not attending and zero walk-ups.

I really don't see it.

There's a good couple of thousand of season tickets not showing - the usual lift/steady level for a big game is probably going to be offset by poor form and the midweek timing. There's not exactly much of a 'big game' buzz about it either.

I'd be amazed if we tempted any sort of decent walk up figure for the prices quoted. I'm forgetting the away end is closer to 4k than 3.5k, fair enough, but 8k home fans is perfectly possible if maybe a few hundred on the pessimistic side.

BlackSheep
27-10-2021, 09:15 AM
Ive noticed a couple of already broken panels on the new screens, have these been identified by the club yet?

The smaller screen on the side of the east closest the FF Stand has a big blue square on it and the Large Screen between the East and the South has a completely broken panel in the top left corner.

Apologies if this is pedantic but after only a couple of months since installation one would hope the screens were still in complete working order.

Eyrie
27-10-2021, 09:16 AM
With the greatest of respect to those suffering losses of people close to them - really wish the club adopted a tribute game for all the lost Hibees at the end of each season ….we could create a memorial site online and even physical leaflet and make it a moment for everyone connected with those lost, and the club, to remember our lost Hibee family .

I think that's the sensible idea.

If I wasn't on here, I'd be unaware of any planned applause until it happened. Even then, joining in the applause for a complete stranger feels more like a token gesture than a sincere tribute. And if people don't participate for any reason then it's disappointing for the family and friends that requested it.

Holding a well publicised minute's applause at half time of the final home game, with the names of those who have died scrolling on the big screens, works well and means that more fans can be remembered as it would be easy for people to simply contact Hibs asking for someone to be included.

.Sean.
27-10-2021, 09:20 AM
11K for a game against Celtic. Surely no. That’s harking back to the glory days of Calderwood and Fenlon

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 09:22 AM
11K for a game against Celtic. Surely no. That’s harking back to the glory days of Calderwood and Fenlon

Officially 16k/17k though, it's all fine.

bingo70
27-10-2021, 09:23 AM

Also interesting to see how the covid passport thing effects the crowd.

I think 11/12k might not be far off the mark, even if it is really pessimistic.

.Sean.
I know you’re being sarcastic mate but it’s far from fine, and a pretty damning reflection.

GreenCastle

Yup.

It’s a delicate and sensitive subject. Obviously nothing stopping folk posting about it but the club should maybe adopt a recommended policy to really do something special on screens.

Maybe something for the future but a memorial type garden at the back of the east stand could be built for fans to visit and reflect if they wanted. This could be alongside a community type cafe this would then make the stadium utilised more on non match days and bring fans together more.

.Sean.
27-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Also interesting to see how the covid passport thing effects the crowd.

I think 11/12k might not be far off the mark, even if it is really pessimistic.
I get that, however I think most not going are bored or simply canny be arsed as opposed to it being covid related.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2021, 09:26 AM
joining in the applause for a complete stranger feels more like a token gesture

That's how I feel as well. Any chance of the majority of the fans knowing the person is going to be quite low. Have a personal tribute for people you know and love and have an annual tribute / memorial when we know that it is happening.

GreenCastle
27-10-2021, 09:27 AM
Assume Hibs giving a full end to Celtic and Rangers fans ?

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 09:28 AM

That would be truly pathetic. Fortunately won't happen.

GreenCastle
27-10-2021, 09:28 AM
I get that, however I think most not going are bored or simply canny be arsed as opposed to it being covid related.

Plus it’s on Hibs pass / tv so ST folk and others watching on that possibly.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2021, 09:29 AM
Assume Hibs giving a full end to Celtic and Rangers fans ?

I don't think there will be many rangers fans there tonight 😁

GreenCastle
27-10-2021, 09:29 AM
I don't think there will be many rangers fans there tonight 😁

Very good - next home game which is about 1 month away!!

Peevemor
27-10-2021, 09:30 AM

I know you’re being sarcastic mate but it’s far from fine, and a pretty damning reflection.

Why don't we wait and see what the crowd's like before analysing it?

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Why don't we wait and see what the crowd's like before analysing it?

Happily. Would love to be wrong, nothing to be gained from it being half empty.

Smartie
27-10-2021, 09:32 AM

Personally I think we'll be lucky to get that many.

Before we launch into any sort of overanalysis of Hibs' failings - I think this will still be down to knock on effects of covid and it being a midweek game as much as anything else.

Perfect Hatrick
27-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Season ticket holders being able to watch from home definitely affects the crowd.

I’m working late tonight and will have bags with me. In the past I’d have nipped along late, have my bag quickly checked and watch as much of the game as there is left.

Reading about the bag situation etc I can’t really be bothered with the chances of being turned away when I can just go home and watch it there.

And that way if it’s as grim as it has the potential to be you can just flick over and do something else.

Are other teams seeing such a drop off in attendances? If they are then it probably could be partly down to being able to watch from home. If not then that would suggest there’s more to it than being able to watch from home/covid/vaccine passports.

Whilst 11k is probably on the pessimistic side I wouldn’t be surprised to see the home end only just over half full. The ticketing website shows whole sections nearly completely empty, plenty tickets in other sections and then there’s all the season ticket holders that haven’t been turning up. Id be surprised to see the attendance surpass 13k.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Attendance given 16/17k.

Actually in the ground closer to 12k IMO.

flash
27-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Time to stop showing the games to season ticket holders on Hibs TV.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 10:05 AM

This is spot on. Until that goes we cannot expect full attendances. Lots of people have got used to not going to games.... going to be a long time to get them all back. It has got very little to do with losing 3 games.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2021, 10:06 AM
Our crowd has always fluctuated according to how well we are doing, the same with nearly every club. Does it actually matter how many turn up for any particular game? It would be great if the home stands were full every time we have a game but that is really exceptional rather than the norm.

Of course we will give the whole of the south stand to rangers, Celtc and hearts, to do otherwise would be reducing the amount of turnover the club has. The only way to reduce the away attendance is if the home crowd is regularly at 16k and above, and we don't have the fanbase to sustain that.

Regardless if there is 7,000 or 15,000 hibs fans at the game, those who are there to witness a win are going to be quite a bit happier than those who chose not to go.

JimBHibees
27-10-2021, 10:07 AM
I think he deserves silence than applause such as he achieved

Normally agree however one or two numpties could mean both teams being lambasted.

timewilltell
27-10-2021, 10:08 AM
This is spot on. Until that goes we cannot expect full attendances. Lots of people have got used to not going to games.... going to be a long time to get them all back. It has got very little to do with losing 3 games.

Grounds in the English Premiership full every week irrespective of who the opposition is.

JimBHibees
27-10-2021, 10:09 AM

Agree struggling to see the justification for that. Is it the same for all clubs in top league?

DaveF
27-10-2021, 10:10 AM

I don't think you can do that while some fans are still reluctant to attend due to covid.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Grounds in the English Premiership full every week irrespective of who the opposition is.

England doesnt have any Covid issues. They are all immune to it.

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 10:12 AM

While I’m just as disappointed in the recent results, I don’t think we’re anywhere near as bad as we were back in our dark days of a decade ago - however I think it shows how a few loud strong voices can have a very large affect on the mood and opinions. To have our crowds down anywhere near 10k (whether they report it as 14/15/16k or not) would be embarrassing for me.

flash
27-10-2021, 10:15 AM
I don't think you can do that while some fans are still reluctant to attend due to covid.

I would.

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 10:15 AM
Our crowd has always fluctuated according to how well we are doing, the same with nearly every club. Does it actually matter how many turn up for any particular game? It would be great if the home stands were full every time we have a game but that is really exceptional rather than the norm.

Of course we will give the whole of the south stand to rangers, Celtc and hearts, to do otherwise would be reducing the amount of turnover the club has. The only way to reduce the away attendance is if the home crowd is regularly at 16k and above, and we don't have the fanbase to sustain that.

Regardless if there is 7,000 or 15,000 hibs fans at the game, those who are there to witness a win are going to be quite a bit happier than those who chose not to go.

You talk about whether it matters how many fans are there, then in the second paragraph you talk about taking their money for our revenues. Surely how many walk ups we get affect that also? Plus the atmosphere that a bigger crowd generates helps the team. Plus commercially it’s far more important to have big crowds and audiences.

Smartie
27-10-2021, 10:23 AM

I think you've also got to be very careful making such a major change to terms and conditions during the season.

Folk might have bought season tickets not intending to go to every game knowing they could possibly watch from home. It's still a significant financial contribution from them.

Yes, we need fans in the ground but we've already got that much needed money. It wouldn't be fair to folk who stumped up to have that withdrawn.

I'm perfectly happy for it to be withdrawn in advance of next season, when folk can take or leave what is on offer.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2021, 10:29 AM
England doesnt have any Covid issues. They are all immune to it.

Especially the MPs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59056316

lord bunberry
27-10-2021, 10:30 AM
I’ll be there cheering on the team to victory. If people can’t be arsed going then it’s them who’ll be missing out, a big game under the lights, I can’t wait.
https://i.ibb.co/rdqNJTN/EEB48723-AEE7-4-B93-95-A5-6963675-AF8-BB.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Brightside
27-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Especially the MPs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59056316

Exactly.

GreenCastle
27-10-2021, 10:35 AM
I expect out 1st possible sellout to be the new year derby.

If we can’t sell this out then it’s worrying.

500miles
27-10-2021, 10:36 AM
I'm glad you're feeling very secure in public. However, given my own situation, I've taken a risk averse position, but still paid for my season ticket. No Hibs TV, I wouldn't have a season ticket.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 10:39 AM
I expect out 1st possible sellout to be the new year derby.

If we can’t sell this out then it’s worrying.

Just keep going to all the games and supporting the team. Thats all anyone can do. :thumbsup:

Coco Bryce
27-10-2021, 10:43 AM
I'm glad you're feeling very secure in public. However, given my own situation, I've taken a risk averse position, but still paid for my season ticket. No Hibs TV, I wouldn't have a season ticket.

I heard a few week back from someone at Hibs that there are over 500 ST holders who still haven't attended a home game this season :confused:

MacBean
27-10-2021, 10:45 AM
On the 10 second countdown - needs to actually be 10 seconds - It's almost double that.
It's a great idea - I like the goals in between and does add a bit to the build up, but you see the ref and players just waiting around as it's certainly longer than 10 seconds.
I think at the Utd game my Dad timed it from 5 seconds and it was just over 8 seconds.

Perfect Hatrick
27-10-2021, 10:54 AM
I heard a few week back from someone at Hibs that there are over 500 ST holders who still haven't attended a home game this season :confused:

I’d not be surprised by that.

I know of people who have been to next to no games this season. Considering I don’t know that many people in the grand scheme of our season ticket holders then I’d fully believe there’s a good chunk haven’t been at all.

J-C
27-10-2021, 10:54 AM

What about the elderly or people with health issues who are not yet happy to be in large crowded areas?

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 10:55 AM
I think you've also got to be very careful making such a major change to terms and conditions during the season.

Folk might have bought season tickets not intending to go to every game knowing they could possibly watch from home. It's still a significant financial contribution from them.

Yes, we need fans in the ground but we've already got that much needed money. It wouldn't be fair to folk who stumped up to have that withdrawn.

I'm perfectly happy for it to be withdrawn in advance of next season, when folk can take or leave what is on offer.

Was it part of the T&C’s that you’d be guaranteed to watch from home? Is it any different to changing them due to government intervention on passports? It benefits me as I can’t make every week due to playing/coaching - however I’d completely back a decision to stop it and only be brought in if we are restricted in our numbers meaning people simply aren’t allowed to attend. As it stands it’s a persons personal choice not to attend due to Covid, making that decision to stay home easier for them isn’t something we should be doing IMO.

flash
27-10-2021, 11:31 AM
What about the elderly or people with health issues who are not yet happy to be in large crowded areas?

Maybe there could be exemptions?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2021, 11:48 AM
Im not a fan of the minutes applause during a game. Very sorry for people's losses but to me that's a private thing. I'd feel a bit awkward asking everyone to clap for a relative that tens of thousands at the game didn't know and feels a bit too selective for me. I'm there to forget about the bad things in life and watch a game. Big screen announcement is a decent idea.

That's where I am too.

Hannah_hfc
27-10-2021, 11:56 AM
On the 10 second countdown - needs to actually be 10 seconds - It's almost double that.
It's a great idea - I like the goals in between and does add a bit to the build up, but you see the ref and players just waiting around as it's certainly longer than 10 seconds.
I think at the Utd game my Dad timed it from 5 seconds and it was just over 8 seconds.

I thought this too at the Dundee Utd game. It’s a great idea and goes down well at plenty of other grounds who have this. As you say this needs sped up to actually last 10 seconds (or less) to have some impact, otherwise it just drags on a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebausburst
27-10-2021, 12:01 PM

The walk up prices are horrific, I’m going tonight but not in a position to pay 35 for an ok seat for big games.

Smartie
27-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Was it part of the T&C’s that you’d be guaranteed to watch from home? Is it any different to changing them due to government intervention on passports? It benefits me as I can’t make every week due to playing/coaching - however I’d completely back a decision to stop it and only be brought in if we are restricted in our numbers meaning people simply aren’t allowed to attend. As it stands it’s a persons personal choice not to attend due to Covid, making that decision to stay home easier for them isn’t something we should be doing IMO.

No, but I think we need to be a bit careful how we treat our paying punters right now when we're going to want them to put their hands in their pockets again in a few months for season tickets for the new season.

The most important thing is the team on the park and that's not really working out great for us at the moment. Whilst I accept that we probably shouldn't be making it any easier than it needs to be for fans to stay at home, the bigger priority is that we don't make it any easier than it needs to be for those fans to spend their money on something other than their season ticket next season. Moving the goalposts on what they get for their 2021-22 season ticket would increase bad blood at a time when we can scarcely afford to do so.

This was always going to be another season affected in various ways by covid and I think we just need to take that on the chin. A few more empty seats isn't the end of the world if money has been received from fans to fill those seats.

J-C
27-10-2021, 12:05 PM

These people have paid for their ST, the club are giving a bit of leeway for the ones unable to attend, nothing wrong with that.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 12:06 PM
Struggling a bit with a minutes silence for a legend of a club who wished death on Neil Lennon and sang about Alan stubbs having cancer. Did they have a minutes silence for Eddie Turnbull?

Brightside
27-10-2021, 12:09 PM
Struggling a bit with a minutes silence for a legend of a club who wished death on Neil Lennon and sang about Alan stubbs having cancer. Did they have a minutes silence for Eddie Turnbull?

Jesus.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Jesus.

What have I said that's wrong? He's a rangers legend, nothing to do with Hibernian or Celtic. Not exactly sure why we need it, that's all.

Nothing at all against Smith, seemed a decent bloke.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 12:16 PM
What have I said that's wrong? He's a rangers legend, nothing to do with Hibernian or Celtic. Not exactly sure why we need it, that's all.

Nothing at all against Smith, seemed a decent bloke.

He's a scottish football legend. Its got nothing to do with Rangers. Scottish football are rightly showing respect. More than likely some clowns will boo this tonight, even from our support. And that will probably be due to him being "Rangers" At some point people need to grow up.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2021, 12:16 PM

That was a condition of buying a ST this season, can't change it this year.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 12:19 PM
He's a scottish football legend. Its got nothing to do with Rangers. Scottish football are rightly showing respect. More than likely some clowns will boo this tonight, even from our support. And that will probably be due to him being "Rangers" At some point people need to grow up.

Yeah, I guess that is fair enough. A former Scotland manager.

I certainly won't boo it.

flash
27-10-2021, 12:22 PM
That was a condition of buying a ST this season, can't change it this year.

Fair enough.

A Hi-Bee
27-10-2021, 12:25 PM

Some real dictator types on here at times, I bought another season ticket knowing that I could not get to Easter Road, I am not even in the country, the fact that a game is on Hibs TV just means I don't need to use some dodgy stream to watch my team, it does prevent me from being an "Uber" supporter, but I am happy to give the money to my team even though I cannot be at the game. A question for you-Do you think Hibs mind!
Season tickets mean the club have the cash no matter who turns up.
:thumbsup:

mcohibs
27-10-2021, 12:27 PM

Be mortified if any of our support boo this tonight but suspect you may be right

Betty Boop
27-10-2021, 12:28 PM
Aye our fans have never sang any offensive songs.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 12:31 PM

Compared to that mob, we're pretty clean. Any issues we have is actually a minority. Like, dozens. Their problems are 50k every week

500miles
27-10-2021, 12:39 PM

Maybe you should mind your own business and allow people, who have paid to watch thier team, and are doing so without nuisance or criminality, do so.

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 12:40 PM
Be mortified if any of our support boo this tonight but suspect you may be right

Biggest issue for me is a few morons are inevitable, and it’s impossible to stay quiet and not tell them to shut the **** up, which then ruins it even more.

flash
27-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Maybe you should mind your own business and allow people, who have paid to watch thier team, and are doing so without nuisance or criminality, do so.

No thanks.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Compared to that mob, we're pretty clean. Any issues we have is actually a minority. Like, dozens. Their problems are 50k every week

You actually use the same defence as they do. It's a minority!!

Just 1 is 1 too many.

Since90+2
27-10-2021, 01:00 PM

I've genuinely never known a Hibs "fan" to constantly stick up for Rangers as much as you seem to do.

It's very very odd.

Antifa Hibs
27-10-2021, 01:20 PM

Why? They've paid their ST cash, no-shows aren't costing Hibs anything.

Covid and the rain will be a great excuse for people not to bother and thats not a dig. Just finished work, day off tomorrow so a midweek day on the lash for home game against Celtic under the floodlights and I can't be arsed in the slightest!

Brightside
27-10-2021, 01:22 PM
Why?

They've paid their ST cash, no-shows aren't costing Hibs anything.

But people are asking how we get attendance up. As long as the games remain available to ST holders online we will have a fair percentage who dont attend - a much higher percentage than normal. So maybe we just have to accept that visibly there will be less people at the ground.

hibbysam
27-10-2021, 01:22 PM
I've genuinely never known a Hibs "fan" to constantly stick up for Rangers as much as you seem to do.

It's very very odd.

I don’t see it as sticking up for rangers - the original point was we shouldn’t pay our respects due to their fans chants. The fact one of those named in the post has already paid his respects to WS shows that fan behaviour has no impact on how people should view Smith. Smith wasn’t just a Rangers man, he had a massive impact on Scottish football as a whole, as stated for Dundee United, at rangers and also as National team boss, while also doing his bit for bridging the Old Firm divide through his relationship with Tommy Burns.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2021, 01:26 PM
I don’t see it as sticking up for rangers - the original point was we shouldn’t pay our respects due to their fans chants. The fact one of those named in the post has already paid his respects to WS shows that fan behaviour has no impact on how people should view Smith. Smith wasn’t just a Rangers man, he had a massive impact on Scottish football as a whole, as stated for Dundee United, at rangers and also as National team boss, while also doing his bit for bridging the Old Firm divide through his relationship with Tommy Burns.

Absolutely. :agree:

gbhibby
27-10-2021, 02:14 PM
The minutes silence for Walter Smith should be observed. I was at a Hibs V Rangers game a few years ago when a minute's silence for one of our ex players was greated by a minute of the Billy boys being sung. Some Aberdeen fans have raised that issue of Rangers fans as well ignoring minutes silence . Don't sink to their level.

Since452
27-10-2021, 02:27 PM
Minutes silences are just asking for trouble. Gives morons that cant go 60 seconds without hearing the sound of their own voice a platform. Should always be a minutes applause to drown them out.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2021, 02:38 PM
You actually use the same defence as they do. It's a minority!!

Just 1 is 1 too many.

I agree.. Not a defence, just a fact. They are lying when they say it's a minority, I'm not.

jeffers
27-10-2021, 02:45 PM
Nothing against Walter Smith, but he was a Hun and I despise the institution that is the Rangers, personally they can do whatever they want to honour him I’d prefer us to do nothing. But if we must I’d far rather a minute’s applause allowing those who want to honour him to do so.

Broken Gnome
27-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Nothing against Walter Smith, but he was a Hun and I despise the institution that is the Rangers, personally they can do whatever they want to honour him I’d prefer us to do nothing. But if we must I’d far rather a minute’s applause allowing those who want to honour him to do so.

Luckily the effort and actions involved in ignoring a minute's applause and ignoring (thus actually taking part in..) a minute's silence are exactly the same.

jeffers
27-10-2021, 03:05 PM
Luckily the effort and actions involved in ignoring a minute's applause and ignoring (thus actually taking part in..) a minute's silence are exactly the same.

Agreed but disrupting a minutes silence is far easier than disrupting a minutes applause.

JimBHibees
27-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Agreed but disrupting a minutes silence is far easier than disrupting a minutes applause.

Yep I wonder who agreed on the silence as usually would be applause recently. Seems a little odd in that regard.

erin go bragh
27-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Minutes silences are just asking for trouble. Gives morons that cant go 60 seconds without hearing the sound of their own voice a platform. Should always be a minutes applause to drown them out.

Pretty sure it was our pink neighbours who put an end to the minutes silence , when a pope had died . Mutants we’re playing Celtic at Hampden if I’m correct.

j'adorehibs
27-10-2021, 03:49 PM
if we were to score in the 55th or 60th minute or be on the attack in promising position or a contentious referring decision is made this dilutes from the applause as fans are distracted - use the screens before kick off or at half time , make the most of them, people can provide pics of loved ones etc.....

as for mins silence for Walter Smith...this could be interesting considering the opposition.

Brightside
27-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Yep I wonder who agreed on the silence as usually would be applause recently. Seems a little odd in that regard.

Maybe a chance for people to prove that they aren’t always fannies.

jakedance
27-10-2021, 04:01 PM
Sorry to take this off topic a bit but is the ban on bags in the ground still in place? I'm taking my bike down tonight and it's a bit of a pain not to have a bag for my stuff.

CMurdoch
27-10-2021, 04:07 PM

Hibs are using it to identify the cretins and self obsessed in our support

Sir David Gray
27-10-2021, 04:08 PM

Personally I'm glad it's a silence and not an applause, I feel it's far more dignified and respectful.

I get the argument about it being easier to drown out any abusive behaviour during an applause but I think it's time to show these morons up for what they are.

If you can't or won't stay quiet for 60 seconds then stay out of the stadium until it's finished - it's not difficult.

PS - Not a dig by the way!

Keith_M
27-10-2021, 04:08 PM

I think there were suggestions previously that things like this should be combined into a single event to mourn the passing of all good Hibbies, former players, etc.

I think that would be preferable to having multiple applauses during a game. While I totally respect that other people feel differently, I personally feel that the minutes applause during a match just doesn't feel right, and having two a few minutes apart seems even worse.

Bristolhibby
27-10-2021, 04:10 PM

Ex Scotland manager should always get a minutes silence. Can’t see the Celtic paying it any respect at all mind.

J

CMurdoch
27-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Sorry to take this off topic a bit but is the ban on bags in the ground still in place? I'm taking my bike down tonight and it's a bit of a pain not to have a bag for my stuff.

Apparently so but not sure how rigorously it will be enforced.
You could as a last resort wrap your stuff in your cycling jacket and carry it through the turnstiles given carrying your stuff in such a way could not be classified as a bag.
Good luck.

One Day Soon
27-10-2021, 04:24 PM
Think some of the English clubs do this very well. Think it was Sunderland in a TV game a few years back and in their last home game of the season listed all the names of their fans on their screens that had sadly died during that season then had a minutes silence. Was very moving and poignant.

This is absolutely the way to go. Would be much more focussed, meaningful and respectful.

One Day Soon
27-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Ex Scotland manager should always get a minutes silence. Can’t see the Celtic paying it any respect at all mind.

J

I think Celtic will respect it, Aberdeen on the other hand...

WhileTheChief..
27-10-2021, 04:26 PM
Plus it’s on Hibs pass / tv so ST folk and others watching on that possibly.

Are all ST holders automatically Hibs pass holders this season?

Hoping to watch it on tv instead of heading through to ER.

jakedance
27-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Apparently so but not sure how rigorously it will be enforced.
You could as a last resort wrap your stuff in your cycling jacket and carry it through the turnstiles given carrying your stuff in such a way could not be classified as a bag.
Good luck.

Thanks for that. Thats a bit nippy. Was for waterproofs really so probably just leave them in a plastic bag at my bike. Should be alright in the West Stand car park. Cheers.

JimBHibees
27-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Personally I'm glad it's a silence and not an applause, I feel it's far more dignified and respectful.

I get the argument about it being easier to drown out any abusive behaviour during an applause but I think it's time to show these morons up for what they are.

If you can't or won't stay quiet for 60 seconds then stay out of the stadium until it's finished - it's not difficult.

PS - Not a dig by the way!

Couldn't agree more about a silence in general just think the potential is there for one moron to ruin it which will result in the clubs being criticised. An applause takes that away. It shouldn't be the case and hope it isn't.

Allant1981
27-10-2021, 04:39 PM
Are all ST holders automatically Hibs pass holders this season?

Hoping to watch it on tv instead of heading through to ER.

Yip sure are

Cod Boy
27-10-2021, 04:39 PM
I think Celtic will respect it, Aberdeen on the other hand...

If Aberdeen fans don’t respect it icould get naughty

gbhibby
27-10-2021, 04:40 PM

See people getting bags searched and let into the ground. Leave the bicycle pump with the bike though. 😁🚲

jakedance
27-10-2021, 04:47 PM
See people getting bags searched and let into the ground. Leave the bicycle pump with the bike though. 😁🚲

Thanks gbhibby

Kato
27-10-2021, 05:05 PM
Aye our fans have never sang any offensive songs.Do fans of the Rangers sing any non-offensive songs?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Fizz
27-10-2021, 05:15 PM

Think this is excellent idea I know of family who had asked for minutes applause on a specific minute for their child who had passed away but unfortunately at the requested minute there was either a goal/sending off/ incident and it was forgotten about and never happened and they were gutted - no ones fault but mentions on the screen at half time would cover for that and families could take a photo of the message if they wanted.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2021, 05:39 PM
HIBS Macey McGinn Hanlon Porteous Doig Newell JDH Gogic Boyle Nisbet and Murphy

Subs Dabrowski Wood Stevenson Cadden Wright Campbell and Gullan

Sir David Gray
27-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Good luck and stay safe to everyone going tonight, I've turned back on the M9 as the road conditions are really dangerous.

I'll be watching at home tonight, hope we can do it.

Keith_M
27-10-2021, 05:47 PM
Good luck and stay safe to everyone going tonight, I've turned back on the M9 as the road conditions are really dangerous.

Due to the downpour, I've decided to give it a miss as well.

I can handle a journey to the stadium of nearly two hours each way... or working all day, going to the game and getting home at 11:30... or having to share a train out and back with obnoxious, IRA obsessed Celtc supporting pr1cks... or being out in a downpour.

But all those together have just proved to be a bit too much.

pollution
27-10-2021, 05:49 PM

Sensible, although it is fine in Edinburgh, 16 degrees and dry.

Allant1981
27-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Definitely checking vaccine passports coming in tonight

Helensburghhibs
27-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Stewards given a wee bit power and going mental with it already. Passports, bags and tonight no entry with a bag of chips. I know it's what they have been told to do but not from the club. There was club staff behind the east who I spoke to and who debriefed them on ground rules of which no chips is not one

Helensburghhibs
27-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Due to the downpour, I've decided to give it a miss as well.

I can handle a journey to the stadium of nearly two hours each way... or working all day, going to the game and getting home at 11:30... or having to share a train out and back with obnoxious, IRA obsessed Celtc supporting pr1cks... or being out in a downpour.

But all those together have just proved to be a bit too much.

Took me 3 and a half hours tonight,, luckily was in the van so the rivers were a bit more manageable

Sir David Gray
27-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Stewards given a wee bit power and going mental with it already. Passports, bags and tonight no entry with a bag of chips. I know it's what they have been told to do but not from the club. There was club staff behind the east who I spoke to and who debriefed them on ground rules of which no chips is not one

What a carry on. 🙄

Allant1981
27-10-2021, 06:09 PM

Not being funny but id stop you coming in with food as well, we have food kiosks on site

Helensburghhibs
27-10-2021, 06:10 PM
What a carry on. 🙄

It's not a big deal, just lots of small hassles sneaking in that have never been an issue before

Helensburghhibs
27-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Not being funny but id stop you coming in with food as well, we have food kiosks on site

😄 🤣

Allant1981
27-10-2021, 06:12 PM
😄 🤣

Hilarious

Keith_M
27-10-2021, 06:12 PM

Seriously?

Jeezo!

:rolleyes:

Helensburghhibs
27-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Hilarious

Did you miss the bit when I said it wasn't the club. Your right mate you are hilarious. Luckily you don't set the clubs policies,,

Hiber-nation
27-10-2021, 06:14 PM

Well thank god you are not in charge 🙄

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-10-2021, 06:19 PM
Definitely checking vaccine passports coming in tonight

Walked straight into my seat in West Upper. Didn't need to show anything.

Hibs90
27-10-2021, 06:21 PM
Walked straight into my seat in West Upper. Didn't need to show anything.

It's spot checks

SteveHFC
27-10-2021, 06:30 PM
What a carry on. 🙄

Never got mlnes checked.

Stuart93
27-10-2021, 06:34 PM
Few mates have sent pictures of stands...looking pretty empty. Hopefully still to fill up

H18 SFR
27-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Biggest queue I’ve seen for a while outside the FF stand.

wookie70
27-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Where is everyone. There is hardly anyone in the Hibs stands.

Allant1981
Biggest queue I’ve seen for a while outside the FF stand.

Did wonder why there is next to no one inside that stand

Keith_M
Few mates have sent pictures of stands...looking very empty

You only really get an accurate picture of the crowd size about 15 minutes into the game, once all the latecomers have arrived.

Hardly anybody seems to come early these days, and lot of those that do hang about inside the stand.

I think the 'attendance' (tickets sold) will be about 17,500.

Jones28
27-10-2021, 06:41 PM
Love Dougie Donnelly, a proper legend of the Scottish game.

Jones28
27-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Holy **** it looks empty.

Stuart93
27-10-2021, 06:42 PM
You only really get an accurate picture of the crowd size about 15 minutes into the game, once all the latecomers have arrived.

Hardly anybody seems to come early these days, and lot of those that do hang about inside the stand.

I think the 'attendance' (tickets sold) will be about 17,500.

I’d prefer us to announce the actual attendance to be honest

Even at this point before kick off it’s looking rather empty. Sad to see

wookie70
27-10-2021, 06:43 PM
The Skol Cup side had about 1000 Hibees in the stand to wave to. What not do that at half time or is it just for the super Hibees who pay more

J-C
27-10-2021, 06:46 PM
Holy **** it looks empty.

Pishing with rain, playing crap and people losing a wee bit of interest in the team, tough times ahead if we don't start doing better to get the fans back on their side.

Keith_M
27-10-2021, 06:46 PM
I’d prefer us to announce the actual attendance to be honest

Yeah, I think they should announce both.

The word 'attendance' does tend to suggest the number of people that actually attended.