PDA

View Full Version : Behind the goals

lord bunberry
25-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Is that it done now? I heard something about it being taken over by someone but I’m guessing covid put paid to that. It seems such a shame that the club can’t have a bar in the stadium like they did before, it was never brilliant but it was really handy for a couple of pints before the game.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2021, 09:45 PM
Is that it done now? I heard something about it being taken over by someone but I’m guessing covid put paid to that. It seems such a shame that the club can’t have a bar in the stadium like they did before, it was never brilliant but it was really handy for a couple of pints before the game.

Heard nothing for a while, I had hoped that it would have reopened once all of the restrictions were lifted but seems not to be the case.

linlithgowhibbie
25-10-2021, 09:53 PM
Needed to be a bottle bar to reduce queues maximize income and reduce expenditure and queueing times:thumbsup:

lord bunberry
25-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Heard nothing for a while, I had hoped that it would have reopened once all of the restrictions were lifted but seems not to be the case.
I’d have thought it would’ve been right up Ron’s street to have something like this.

Needed to be a bottle bar to reduce queues maximize income and reduce expenditure and queueing times:thumbsup:
Possibly, it was a bit of a mission getting served at times.

mim
25-10-2021, 11:02 PM

Absolutely. Big buckets with ice and a pile of bottles. That would do the job. :thumbsup:

Jones28
26-10-2021, 06:26 AM

Yepp, could have served 10 times quicker with a bottle bar. Been a while since I was in but I’ve got memories of the queue snaking all the way round the room almost to the door at times.

leith lynx
26-10-2021, 12:38 PM

Thought Billy Lowe was going to run BTG?

dp00
26-10-2021, 12:40 PM
I thought it would have been back by now too, I agree bottle bar would have made it nice and simple , surely easy money to be made

It was ideal place to be able to take the kids before the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dp00
26-10-2021, 12:41 PM
Looks like it’s being used for some zombies at the moment

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/new-interactive-attraction-to-bring-zombies-to-edinburgh-and-easter-road-3386149?amp

Hibeesforever
26-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Thats shocking that the fans bar is not being put first...my son and I always went there before games...!

.Sean.
26-10-2021, 01:36 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/new-interactive-attraction-to-bring-zombies-to-edinburgh-and-easter-road-3386149?amp

What a load of crap. Get the bar back open

Billy Whizz
26-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Thats shocking that the fans bar is not being put first...my son and I always went there before games...!

You got big screens instead

Pretty Boy
26-10-2021, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure of the logistics of it and how it impacts other commercial deals but having a bottle and can bar showcasing some of the local breweries in Leith and Edinburgh seems a simple but good idea.

You could extend it and have little pop ups selling food as well. I know we had Pie Not in previously and I think the Kilted Donut were in the East earlier this season but there is no shortage of places to eat in Leith these days and I'm sure they would appreciate a captive audience with a couple of trucks behind the East and in the West car park.

You can still have pints in BTG for those that just want a Carling and the pie and bovrils can remain in the kiosk as well. It's doubtful I'd go to ER for something I could get in the Iona or Tamsons but something a bit different would tempt me in a few times a season.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2021, 02:10 PM

Don’t see the point in paying to go for that when my season ticket will get me in to Easter road to see Zombies on the 1st of December

Andy74
26-10-2021, 02:19 PM
I still don’t know what Dempster was thinking in closing this down and the failure of whatever was meant to be going on there for the NHS has never really been explained.

Done correctly it is a popular spot and for a spell was brilliant for taking families and getting them into the habit too.

evy
26-10-2021, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure of the logistics of it and how it impacts other commercial deals but having a bottle and can bar showcasing some of the local breweries in Leith and Edinburgh seems a simple but good idea.

You could extend it and have little pop ups selling food as well. I know we had Pie Not in previously and I think the Kilted Donut were in the East earlier this season but there is no shortage of places to eat in Leith these days and I'm sure they would appreciate a captive audience with a couple of trucks behind the East and in the West car park.

You can still have pints in BTG for those that just want a Carling and the pie and bovrils can remain in the kiosk as well. It's doubtful I'd go to ER for something I could get in the Iona or Tamsons but something a bit different would tempt me in a few times a season.

Not sure exactly, but depending on what areas of the ground our alcohol license allows, Edinburgh Council would request a handsome fee for an outdoor license.

Real Emerald
26-10-2021, 03:26 PM
I still don’t know what Dempster was thinking in closing this down and the failure of whatever was meant to be going on there for the NHS has never really been explained.

Done correctly it is a popular spot and for a spell was brilliant for taking families and getting them into the habit too.

Totally agree, she wasn’t really interested in fans having a place to meet for a pint or take the kids before the game. It was all about community projects, which is admirable but it is first and foremost a football stadium. BTG was a fans ST holders facility that 800 fans packed into before (and after) games. If the bar had been run properly it could have doubled the money it made. Ridiculous to close it.