PDA

View Full Version : Nisbet

Lee Marvin
23-10-2021, 05:38 PM
How many good performances has he put in since his transfer request?

I'm struggling to remember more than 2. And that's 10 months ago!!

We are certainly not going to be fielding offer this January.

Lancs Harp
23-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Community

I agree with you to a degree but the service to him currently is chronic.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2021, 05:41 PM

If he does move it won’t be to a club where he is expected to play as a lone target man.

CMurdoch
23-10-2021, 05:48 PM
If he does move it won’t be to a club where he is expected to play as a lone target man.

A lot of us thought that Doidge was a big part of his success now we know he is.
Nothing wrong with that other than if you are in the position we are in at the moment.
I'm hopeful Doidge will be firing again by the time of the St Johnstone game on the 27th November.
Nisbet will start firing at the same time.

loanheadhibby
23-10-2021, 05:52 PM

Tend to agree with your point but let’s be brutally honest, how many chances do we actually create for him. You would not want to play number 9 in this Hibs team. It’s as dull as dishwater.

Shrekko
23-10-2021, 05:53 PM
I agree with you to a degree but the service to him currently is chronic.

I’m sure the service he gets is as good as any other striker outside the Old Firm but he’d be delighted to blame it on that too because he seems to want to wait for things to be served up perfectly instead of actually proactively working to make things happen. Whenever the ball gets played up to him he’s seems to just want to lay it off straight away and generally to nobody in particular.

He’s a talented boy but I really question his desire and bravery.

CL0762
23-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Nisbet can’t play without Doidge. For me it’s as simple as that.

It’s no coincidence he’s best games in a Hibs jersey have been alongside Christian.

He also has a weird habit of trying to do everything first time. I actually think he’d be a handful if he just turned and drove at defences.

The Captain....
23-10-2021, 05:57 PM
I agree with you to a degree but the service to him currently is chronic.I agree to an extent but his movement is non existent. He's too busy shrugging his shoulders or having a Kamberi like hissy fit. Does my nut in.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Jones28
23-10-2021, 05:57 PM
I was at the game last week and thought while he was devoid of service I saw shades of Eduards final few months at Celtic, not so much about the lack of service but in the body language and the way he just seemed to be going through the motions.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2021, 05:58 PM
I’m sure the service he gets is as good as any other striker outside the Old Firm but he’d be delighted to blame it on that too because he seems to want to wait for things to be served up perfectly instead of actually proactively working to make things happen. Whenever the ball gets played up to him he’s seems to just want to lay it off straight away and generally to nobody in particular.

He’s a talented boy but I really question his desire and bravery.

Good Service? Have you been watching the quality or lack of it at crosses ,free kicks and corners?

Nicho87
23-10-2021, 06:01 PM
I’d sell him not as good as he thinks he is

judas
23-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Said it at the time, but if £3-4m was ever truly on the table, we should have bit the hand off.

Hibee Mac
23-10-2021, 06:07 PM
I agree to an extent but his movement is non existent. He's too busy shrugging his shoulders or having a Kamberi like hissy fit. Does my nut in.

Sent from my SM-G996B using TapatalkThat stuff does my head in. I think he has a bit of an overinflated opinion of himself, fact of the matter is that if we had even 1 other fit striker in our squad he'd have been benched a long time ago.

He's been poor for pretty much a year now and needs to get his act in gear otherwise we're never getting the kind of money we were hoping for him.

turn and burn
23-10-2021, 06:16 PM
I’d like to know where he sees himself playing his football. Agree he’s got an overinflated idea of his ability but he’s obviously got talent. Where would he need to be for his attitude to be right?

Shrekko
23-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Good Service? Have you been watching the quality or lack of it at crosses ,free kicks and corners?

I didn’t say he got good service - only that it would be as good as what most other strikers in the league get.

Point I’m making is sometimes you have to do things like thrown yourself at stuff, use your strength or heaven forbid get across a man and not just wait on a perfect ball.

Murphy and Allan both played great balls into the box in the 2nd half - both times he was close by but didn’t do enough to convert.

I’m not entirely against him but he has to do more and makes me appreciate Doidge more by the week.

Smartie
23-10-2021, 06:24 PM
I didn’t say he got good service - only that it would be as good as what most other strikers in the league get.

Point I’m making is sometimes you have to do things like thrown yourself at stuff, use your strength or heaven forbid get across a man and not just wait on a perfect ball.

Murphy and Allan both played great balls into the box in the 2nd half - both times he was close by but didn’t do enough to convert.

I’m not entirely against him but he has to do more and makes me appreciate Doidge more by the week.

He helps make the service look bad.

Hibiza
23-10-2021, 06:39 PM
I agree to an extent but his movement is non existent. He's too busy shrugging his shoulders or having a Kamberi like hissy fit. Does my nut in.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

:top marks

B.H.F.C
23-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Disgraceful today. Too busy pointing at other people, telling them where to be and what to do. Couldn’t be ****ed doing the running himself.

Shrekko
23-10-2021, 06:45 PM
He helps make the service look bad.

Exactly 👍

Mon Dieu4
23-10-2021, 06:46 PM
Might be just me but I don't see the whole lack of effort, hissyfit thing, he gets annoyed when things don't come off or he doesn't get the right pass,but he's been asked to play as a lone striker without any help from midfielders pressing up to help him, a total thankless task

The service to him has also been pretty atrocious, I'm a firm believer if you get the ball the him in the box then he will score goals, he's really not high up on my list of worries

chrisski33
23-10-2021, 06:47 PM
Should have sold him when we had the chance. Reckon his value has dropped after current run of form

Nicho87
23-10-2021, 06:53 PM
He couldn’t lace riordans left boot

Libby Hibby
23-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Get him sold…waste of a jersey in current form and attitude

B.H.F.C
23-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Might be just me but I don't see the whole lack of effort, hissyfit thing, he gets annoyed when things don't come off or he doesn't get the right pass,but he's been asked to play as a lone striker without any help from midfielders pressing up to help him, a total thankless task

The service to him has also been pretty atrocious, I'm a firm believer if you get the ball the him in the box then he will score goals, he's really not high up on my list of worries

What about the stuff outside the box though? The lack of that doesn’t let us get up the park to get the ball in to him.

Scott Brown played centre half for an hour and didn’t need to do anything. Doidge would have smashed him, as a minimum.

Mon Dieu4
23-10-2021, 07:01 PM
What about the stuff outside the box though? The lack of that doesn’t let us get up the park to get the ball in to him.

Scott Brown played centre half for an hour and didn’t need to do anything. Doidge would have smashed him, as a minimum.

He isn't a target man who is going to hold the ball up, that's on the club and manager for A) not getting a target man in as soon as Doidge got injured, didn't even need to be a good one, just a big lump that can hold the ball up and B) being asked to play a role that just isn't him and getting balls punted at him all day long

Perfect Hatrick
23-10-2021, 07:02 PM
Average.

Honestly I’d not be surprised if he doesn’t get into double figures this season.

CentreLine
23-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Pretty certain Kevin Nisbet will turn up on Wednesday.

Key West
23-10-2021, 07:36 PM
Pretty certain Kevin Nisbet will turn up on Wednesday.

Based on what I've seen the only thing that's certain is that Celtic will turn up.

Bostonhibby
23-10-2021, 07:42 PM

The service to him has also been pretty atrocious, I'm a firm believer if you get the ball the him in the box then he will score goals, he's really not high up on my list of worriesIt isn't just you.....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
23-10-2021, 07:43 PM
Nisbet has turned into Kamberi

Hibs90
23-10-2021, 07:49 PM
I don't think he's getting the service required tbh. In saying that I don't think he works hard enough either.

His first touch is absolutely honking.

Mikey_1875
23-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Had one too many poor games recently to be solely down to poor service or wrong position but it is part of it. I spent today thinking someone needs to give him a boot up the arse and Scott Brown gave him one but we still never got any sort of reaction. Unfortunately no one to drop him for.

shetlandhibee
23-10-2021, 09:20 PM
Nisbet can’t play without Doidge. For me it’s as simple as that.

It’s no coincidence he’s best games in a Hibs jersey have been alongside Christian.

He also has a weird habit of trying to do everything first time. I actually think he’d be a handful if he just turned and drove at defences.
dont think he has the ability to drive at defences hed lose the ball IMO defo missing doidge tho:agree:

Squealing pig
23-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Passenger for months

Scottie
23-10-2021, 09:29 PM
Done alright last year without crowds for goals

Maybe he just doesn’t like playing in front of fans, seems very disinterested this season. :confused:

B.H.F.C
23-10-2021, 10:26 PM
He isn't a target man who is going to hold the ball up, that's on the club and manager for A) not getting a target man in as soon as Doidge got injured, didn't even need to be a good one, just a big lump that can hold the ball up and B) being asked to play a role that just isn't him and getting balls punted at him all day long

He’s capable of dropping off and getting the ball. Doesn’t want to. That’s on him.

Easier to blame others.

Weegreenman
24-10-2021, 02:44 AM
I still can’t believe he got a call up for Scotland. When you consider some of the great players that never got the shout, it’s mind blowing! He’s nowhere near international level.

Magpie
24-10-2021, 02:51 AM
He’s had a terrible season so far.

eastmainsmsh
24-10-2021, 03:45 AM
If KN wasn’t in Scotland squad I think he would’ve been on bench recently but we don’t have replacements it’s not happening for him just now

Since90+2
24-10-2021, 07:01 AM
He’s capable of dropping off and getting the ball. Doesn’t want to. That’s on him.

Easier to blame others.

If we are playing 1 up front you don't want you only forward dropping off too far or too often otherwise there is no focal point to the attack.

Greenworld
24-10-2021, 08:05 AM
Lets just call it as we see it. He is Lazy pure and simple .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Allant1981
24-10-2021, 08:11 AM
He obviously scored a fair few goals last season but if we seen him play this way for another team at the moment we would be going nuts if we signed him or were even linked with him, id rather play boyle up front on his own, least you get some effort

Lee Marvin
24-10-2021, 08:32 AM
I honestly can't believe he is still in the Scotland squad. Should be absolutely nowhere near it on present (6 months min) form.

I'd drive him to Birmingham if they were still miraculously still interested.

Unseen work
24-10-2021, 09:14 AM
He’s hardly scored this year let alone this season.

One thing that is really annoying me is his effort or lack of.

I know some will say he still does try and his service is poor but look at this season compared to the start of last season.

The first couple of games last season I was in disbelief at how hard he worked and thought it was a massive upgrade on Kamberi. Defenders never had a seconds peace and he closed them down all of the time, he would often slide in on them or put enough pressure that they don’t get a clean connection. It was a huge part of why we were so good defensively as teams couldn’t get the ball into the midfield.

Wilson
24-10-2021, 09:26 AM

I know some will say he still does try and his service is poor but look at this season compared to the start of last season.

The first couple of games last season I was in disbelief at how hard he worked and thought it was a massive upgrade on Kamberi. Defenders never had a seconds peace and he closed them down all of the time, he would often slide in on them or put enough pressure that they don’t get a clean connection. It was a huge part of why we were so good defensively as teams couldn’t get the ball into the midfield.

And again we come back to the lack of depth in the squad.

The club will have all the stats and do the analysis which backs up how hard he is working (or not). The trouble is the only option we have is to encourage him and throw him back out there.

This past transfer window is showing up badly with each passing game.

B.H.F.C
24-10-2021, 09:45 AM
If we are playing 1 up front you don't want you only forward dropping off too far or too often otherwise there is no focal point to the attack.

There isn’t any focal point with what he’s doing now. Scott Brown played centre half for and hour and hardly needed to move. The one time he did need move be ended up with a booking because Nisbet actually bothered his arse to show for the ball, dropped deeper and flipped it round the corner for Boyle to run on to.

He’s spent plenty time playing up front with other people lately, 45 minutes yesterday, but pretty regularly contributes nothing. He thinks he’s better than he is because he’s in the Scotland squad. Fans just want to see a bit of effort above all else and we’re not seeing that from him just now.

gaz1875
24-10-2021, 09:47 AM

Happy to be corrected but I'm sure Gordon Strachan picked up on his lack of work rate last season, and the following game was one of his best in months. That didn't last long and he slipped back into his groove the week after.

H18S NX
24-10-2021, 09:57 AM

The first couple of games last season I was in disbelief at how hard he worked and thought it was a massive upgrade on Kamberi. Defenders never had a seconds peace and he closed them down all of the time, he would often slide in on them or put enough pressure that they don’t get a clean connection. It was a huge part of why we were so good defensively as teams couldn’t get the ball into the midfield.,,,Nailed it.:top marks

LaMotta
24-10-2021, 10:18 AM
He has been poor.

He was also the last player to score for us.

I think he is missing Doidge.

Smartie
24-10-2021, 10:33 AM
There isn’t any focal point with what he’s doing now. Scott Brown played centre half for and hour and hardly needed to move. The one time he did need move be ended up with a booking because Nisbet actually bothered his arse to show for the ball, dropped deeper and flipped it round the corner for Boyle to run on to.

He’s spent plenty time playing up front with other people lately, 45 minutes yesterday, but pretty regularly contributes nothing. He thinks he’s better than he is because he’s in the Scotland squad. Fans just want to see a bit of effort above all else and we’re not seeing that from him just now.

The Scotland point is interesting, as it appears that being in the Scotland squad has ruined him.

It's taken him from being a hard-working young striker who is grateful for another opportunity as he works his way up in the game to a sulky waster who looks like he thinks he's above us in a very short period of time.

I'm a big fan of the national side but I don't love the effect that getting international recognition can sometimes have on Hibs players.

Nisbet actually started the season fairly well, a bit hot and cold - until he went away with Scotland.

I reckon he'll probably turn up on Wednesday, as he'll have a few of his pals playing against him and he'd probably quite fancy a move there.

Problem for Nisbet is that a club like Celtic will scout a player very thoroughly and they'll know all about the utter pish he's serving up every week in addition to anything he might do against them on Wednesday.

Key West
24-10-2021, 10:59 AM
In our best starting 11 hopefully he'll recapture the form he had shown previously.

hibee-boys
24-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Whilst he’s playing that lone striker role he needs to get back to doing the basics right, holding the ball up and finding a hibs player. He seems determined to attempt a world beating flick every time which never comes off. In his defence he’s being asked to play a role that’s not his natural game and our attacking support are creating very few goal scoring opportunities for him. Anyone doubting Doidge’s contribution when he’s wasn’t scoring freely need to remind themselves, when he does come back, how bang average we’ve been without him.

J-C
24-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Nisbet has been quick to move clubs after 1 good season, Raith to Dunfermline to Hibs, was he expecting to move last January/this summer, if he did in fact hand in a transfer request then he may be slightly pissed he's still here and will go a way to explain his disinterested performances this past 6 months.

Shrekko
24-10-2021, 12:18 PM
Happy to be corrected but I'm sure Gordon Strachan picked up on his lack of work rate last season, and the following game was one of his best in months. That didn't last long and he slipped back into his groove the week after.

I think John Collins has alluded to that as well.

Sometimes you maybe miss things - unseen work etc. but it’s very noticeable how often he seems to be caught on his heels and slow to react to stuff. You need to be perpetual motion in the modern game and too often he appears to be not running. It’s baffling - when he does chase folk down he quite often smashes them because he’s a big strong lad. He needs to start using his physical attributes and power.

You can definitely see why he’s such a strange career until now. Definitely a player who isn’t as driven as many others - he needs to start turning up every week.

Borderhibbie76
24-10-2021, 12:27 PM
I hope the new contract has been pulled off the table on current form...nowhere near deserving of an improved deal at the moment

Winston Ingram
24-10-2021, 12:54 PM

If he can’t play up on his own or as part of a 3 as he does here, he’ll not get a move.

Swedish hibee
24-10-2021, 01:08 PM
Where's the hunger? He gives up far too easily for me.

Coco Bryce
24-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Nisbet has turned into Kamberi

The new Lawrence Shankland.

Staggering that people think Doidge coming back will be be the answer to all our problems. We are poor all over the park.

southern hibby
24-10-2021, 01:26 PM
The Scotland point is interesting, as it appears that being in the Scotland squad has ruined him.

It's taken him from being a hard-working young striker who is grateful for another opportunity as he works his way up in the game to a sulky waster who looks like he thinks he's above us in a very short period of time.

I'm a big fan of the national side but I don't love the effect that getting international recognition can sometimes have on Hibs players.

Nisbet actually started the season fairly well, a bit hot and cold - until he went away with Scotland.

I reckon he'll probably turn up on Wednesday, as he'll have a few of his pals playing against him and he'd probably quite fancy a move there.

Problem for Nisbet is that a club like Celtic will scout a player very thoroughly and they'll know all about the utter pish he's serving up every week in addition to anything he might do against them on Wednesday.

I don’t really think being in the Scotland squad has ruined him. I think the boys in the squad talk and he’ll be getting told what folk earn down south. This alone makes me think he’s desperate to get away and earn more. Hibs didn’t let him go even with the transfer request in, taking all this into account I think he’s playing half heartedly so he definitely gets a transfer.

What he has to be careful of is making sure someone wants him, if I was on a recruiting team I’d want someone who tries constantly rather than a part time trier.

GGTTH

Kato
24-10-2021, 01:29 PM
The new Lawrence Shankland.

Staggering that people think Doidge coming back will be be the answer to all our problems. We are poor all over the park.Doidge Porteous and McGennis returning will be the spine of the first team picks coming back, do you think that would improve things?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

LaMotta
24-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Staggering that people think Doidge coming back will be be the answer to all our problems. We are poor all over the park.

Not one person on the thread has claimed that though.

There is no doubt that Doidge would improve us however.

Coco Bryce
24-10-2021, 01:34 PM

I never said they did.

They have on other threads though.

LaMotta
24-10-2021, 01:36 PM
I never said they did.

Well he's clearly not the answer to all of our problems but he's certainly part of the answer to some of our problems.

Shrekko
24-10-2021, 01:54 PM
I never said they did.

You’re claiming people have actually said Doidge coming back is “the answer to all our problems”?

You know fine well nobody has ever said that and it’s on a par with someone yesterday claiming people were saying Gullen was “the Messiah”.

Doidge is a massively under rated player who will improve us a fair bit- that’s all people have said and don’t see how anyone could argue.

Coco Bryce
24-10-2021, 02:01 PM
You’re claiming people have actually said Doidge coming back is “the answer to all our problems”?

You know fine well nobody has ever said that and it’s on a par with someone yesterday claiming people were saying Gullen was “the Messiah”.

Doidge is a massively under rated player who will improve us a fair bit- that’s all people have said and don’t see how anyone could argue.

Defo a post on this thread implying that Doidge will come back and start scoring goals and in return so will Nisbet.

bigwheel
24-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Defo a post on this thread stating that Doidge will come back and start scoring goals and in return so will Nisbet.

That’s quite a different point than your exaggeration

LaMotta
24-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Defo a post on this thread implying that Doidge will come back and start scoring goals and in return so will Nisbet.

Quite a sensible suggestion quite frankly.

Flanny boy
24-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Never knew Nisbet was playing yesterday but agreed that Doidge coming back will hopefully make a difference

truehibernian
24-10-2021, 03:46 PM

The very minute it was known CD would be out for a lengthy period we should have been immediately making it a priority to get a similar striker in. James Scott is not at the same level, indeed, he's not even a target man. That is what our strikeforce needed. Recruitment team, Ron and JR are collectively to blame for not addressing that as a priority in the window.

Flanny boy
24-10-2021, 04:19 PM
The very minute it was known CD would be out for a lengthy period we should have been immediately making it a priority to get a similar striker in. James Scott is not at the same level, indeed, he's not even a target man. That is what our strikeforce needed. Recruitment team, Ron and JR are collectively to blame for not addressing that as a priority in the window.
💯 correct

A Hi-Bee
24-10-2021, 04:22 PM

A whole lot of good solid players out side the transfer window that we could bring in to give some balance and perhaps a couple with goals in them, why have we never gone to sign anyone even short term.

Borderhibbie76
24-10-2021, 05:23 PM
A whole lot of good solid players out side the transfer window that we could bring in to give some balance and perhaps a couple with goals in them, why have we never gone to sign anyone even short term.

Honestly this beggars belief for me ...im stunned we never Brought in a target man even for 6 months as a back up option...just dreadful squad management from all concerned at the Club

Winston Ingram
24-10-2021, 06:01 PM
There’s no doubt the boy has talent. He’s a good finisher and when the ball is under control he uses it well.

The rest his game is rotten.

His movement is appalling, he’s always on his heels. Calum Wilson scored a goal v Spurs last week which was the sort of goal Nisbet would never score. He waits on crosses rather than get in front of a defender.

I’ve said this on here before but his hold up play is dismal. If he’s got a defender in touching distance off him, 9 times out of 10 he’ll lose it. What’s worse is that if there’s a 50/50, half the time he’ll just let the defender have it and not even put a challenge in. The amount of times you see defenders wandering past him to head it away are give it to a midfielder. I was a centre forward who wasn’t that great at holding it up and I was always told affect the centre back. Don’t allow him a free header, lean in to him, jump early to block his eyeline etc. Nisbet just watches.

It’s like he doesn’t see this as part of his game which I find amazing for a bloke who clearly expects to get a big move. What top level centre forwards these days can’t perform with out a partner? I genuinely can’t think of a single one and it’s the main reason the likes of Jamie McLaren is playing in a pub league and Jason Cummings can’t get a game for Dundee.

I’m still amazed we turned down that bid from Birmingham for him. His goal record is average at best, and let’s be honest, he’s only in the Scotland squad cos the other options are as bad as he is.

I really hope we’ve slammed the anchors on any new deal

newmarket_hibbee
24-10-2021, 06:37 PM

oh boy . what a difference a year makes, back then I posted the question on here, "whats wrong with Nisbet", and I got my head chewed off , every excuse under the sun was given, now here we are a year , same question, different excuses. Not good enough, sell him...

Not In The Know
24-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Doidge has a significant role in the way we play. It’s jack ross’ style very pragmatic and playing the percentages. He’s asked Nesbit to play that role and he quite clearly can’t fill it. IMHO that doesn’t give nisbet a pass. As he needs to step up.

Doidge’s return won’t be our salvation but it will return us to last years (3rd place) formation.

We ain’t ****. Just not very exciting.

Not In The Know
24-10-2021, 06:58 PM

100%.

I have a feeling everyone at the club thought that. But it never happened.

it’s almost like the owner had addressed that issue…

im well pissed off with the last few games. So are the owners and the manger. This ain’t no rudderless ship.

Stuart93
24-10-2021, 07:10 PM
100%.

I have a feeling everyone at the club thought that. But it never happened.

it’s almost like the owner had addressed that issue…

im well pissed off with the last few games. So are the owners and the manger. This ain’t no rudderless ship.

The managers that pissed off he can’t get a reaction out of his players against a rank rotten Aberdeen

jacomo
24-10-2021, 10:08 PM

:agree:

Football really is a simple game sometimes.

Dalkeith Boy
25-10-2021, 02:07 AM
Not sure what's up with him. Body language is terrible. He looks slow and lazy. First touch is non-existant, can't dribble and never takes a man on. Has been this way for months...I am truly baffled as to where and why he gets such great reviews?

Winston Ingram
25-10-2021, 05:47 AM
Not sure what's up with him. Body language is terrible. He looks slow and lazy. First touch is non-existant, can't dribble and never takes a man on. Has been this way for months...I am truly baffled as to where and why he gets such great reviews?

I think the great reviews mainly came from ex-Old Firm pundits who judged him from the odd highlight reel.

Hibee Mac
25-10-2021, 07:40 AM
I think the great reviews mainly came from ex-Old Firm pundits who judged him from the odd highlight reel.Correct, happens all the time. My old firm mates always have what I feel are skewed opinions of our players based either on highlight reels or just the games Vs them.

oneone73
25-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Nisbet will play well on Wednesday. Shop window.

where'stheslope
25-10-2021, 11:12 AM
Nisbet will get better if he works on his game, at the moment he's fallen into the category of a one season wonder!
Defences have worked out his game and are nullifying most of what he does.
Good coaching and hard work should go a long way to rectifying his problems, I don't think the transfer request has helped him.
Most teams who have players wanting away stop playing them, we've given him a chance and at the moment it seems to be backfiring.

swordin3
25-10-2021, 12:24 PM
Yeah I do think Nisbet should be doing better. He will know himself. Played football at Junior,East of Scotland senior and Scottish 2nd division level as a striker.The first thing he needs to do is improve his reaction to balls to him.He generally is second to 95% of balls Played to him.If he can compete and react quickest and stronger he first of all will get on the ball.He finished well against Rangers but he was mainly unchallenged by their defenders.At the moment he is the player we are needing to connect the dots between our midfield or wide players. His movement has to be better to lose defeders and make himself available for passes.This part of the game is crucial for Hibs to be able to get up the pitch and hold it up to give our midfield the chance to overload the box.We are not doing this and mainly we go wide and miss out the centre of our midfield who are then in no man's land.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2021, 01:34 PM

Such a myth. Do you think buying teams only watch matches on the tv? If he wanted to move, scoring 30 goals would be the answer, not 5 against the old firm.

Winston Ingram
25-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Nisbet will get better if he works on his game, at the moment he's fallen into the category of a one season wonder!
Defences have worked out his game and are nullifying most of what he does.
Good coaching and hard work should go a long way to rectifying his problems, I don't think the transfer request has helped him.
Most teams who have players wanting away stop playing them, we've given him a chance and at the moment it seems to be backfiring.

I agree completely. The question is why isn’t he already?

His hold up play has never been great but now it’s worse than ever.

I can’t understand why JR hasn’t addressed this. If he has why is he not improving?

I get that we have limited options but at the moment, this boy’s as good as a man short.

ancient hibee
25-10-2021, 02:19 PM

Do you mean you don't think he is trying otherwise? Every player in Scotland is always in the shop window.

Coco Bryce
25-10-2021, 02:29 PM

No scouts will be there to watch Nisbet on Wednesday night.

Perfect Hatrick
25-10-2021, 02:33 PM

I can’t understand why JR hasn’t addressed this. If he has why is he not improving?

I get that we have limited options but at the moment, this boy’s as good as a man short.

His form this season has reminded me very much of Kamberi. Good first season, comes back, doesn’t look interested and ends up a shadow of the player he was.

Kamberi never managed to turn it back round. Let’s hope Nisbet can.

J-C
25-10-2021, 02:43 PM
Did he actually hand in a transfer request in January? If he did then maybe his for has dipped due to not getting his move.

Onion
25-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Such a myth. Do you think buying teams only watch matches on the tv? If he wanted to move, scoring 30 goals would be the answer, not 5 against the old firm.

Sure Nisbet would love a move to either one of the OF. At the moment, he looks lost and disillusioned at Hibs.

Scoring goals against the OF is usually the entrance fee.

Smartie
25-10-2021, 03:28 PM

We disagreed about how he played against Motherwell in that role. I thought his hold up play was fine, that he overall played very well and I was looking forward to seeing him kick on.

You'd pointed out that his hold up play was poor so I've been watching closely ever since - and it has been dire. Instead of kicking on, he looks like he's gone backwards.

This is one of our greatest failings as a team right now, the amount of times our play breaks down in that position.

I've gone from defending him to being one of his biggest critics. He'll probably fancy it on Wednesday but as nuts as it sounds I think I'd be dropping him even without there being any alternative. I'm sure we could cobble together some sort of strike partnership between Boyle and Murphy or the like that wouldn't mean we have to tolerate effectively being a man down with Nisbet on the park.

Winston Ingram
25-10-2021, 04:59 PM
We disagreed about how he played against Motherwell in that role. I thought his hold up play was fine, that he overall played very well and I was looking forward to seeing him kick on.

You'd pointed out that his hold up play was poor so I've been watching closely ever since - and it has been dire. Instead of kicking on, he looks like he's gone backwards.

This is one of our greatest failings as a team right now, the amount of times our play breaks down in that position.

I've gone from defending him to being one of his biggest critics. He'll probably fancy it on Wednesday but as nuts as it sounds I think I'd be dropping him even without there being any alternative. I'm sure we could cobble together some sort of strike partnership between Boyle and Murphy or the like that wouldn't mean we have to tolerate effectively being a man down with Nisbet on the park.

Hold up play is massive and the fact we haven’t got anyone doing it is playing a major part in our drop in form. Nisbet is currently turning our attacks into opposition attacks.

Opposing managers will be targeting him now as a simple way of getting the ball back. Block off the passes to others and encourage a ball into him.