PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Clark

CMurdoch
18-10-2021, 01:16 PM
The pain has ebbed enough now for me to look closely at the goals from Saturday.
It reveals what a game Nicky Clark had for Dundee Utd.
Scored the 1st goal and had a vital role in the other 2.

For his goal he receives the ball and instead of moving towards goal and his marker Cadden, he runs sideways surfing between the two distinct lines of Hibs defenders before hitting a fantastic shot into the corner of the net.
For their 2nd goal he is in our box next to a statuesque Murphy and as the cross is made he makes a perfectly timed run to block Hanlon getting to Edwards. Really subtle but class.
For the 3rd goal he lays the ball off from the throw in before receiving it back and playing a perfectly weighted ball through the Hibs back line leaving Hibs quickly outnumbered 4 to 2, including quick thinking and moving Clark, and the goal is a knap.

He has improved and pulled all of his game together in the last few years and not even a bad injury has put him of course.
Shankland and McNulty received all the attention but this guy has out performed them throughout.
Kinda gutted we didn't try to bring him in.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2021, 01:33 PM
Clark’s goal was quality but the United player that most impressed me at first viewing was young Declan Glass in midfield

He was a pain in the butt the whole game and was very impressive for such a young lad

I do not normally like threads that urge us to sign opposition players after a one off defeat

I think last time I was urging JR to sign their goalkeeper Siegrist ? 😃

J-C
18-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Clark’s goal was quality but the United player that most impressed me at first viewing was young Declan Glass in midfield

He was a pain in the butt the whole game and was very impressive for such a young lad

I do not normally like threads that urge us to sign opposition players after a one off defeat

My next door neighbours son, a massive Hibs fan as well, just back from a knee injury.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2021, 01:43 PM
My next door neighbours son, a massive Hibs fan as well, just back from a knee injury.

Yip just read that he has won two League titles on loan already and scored twice for Scotland Under 17’s against Wales

To answer the OP Nicky Clark has improved

CMurdoch
18-10-2021, 01:57 PM

I'm not calling for Clark to be brought in now.
That boat has sailed.

Glass was impressive, as was Pawlett, Herkes and the new Finnish guy up front.
They all moved the ball quickly and accurately when they attacked.
Don't think I could stomach watching the whole game again to make a proper appraisal :grr:

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2021, 02:00 PM
I'm not calling for Clark to be brought in now.
That boat has sailed.

Glass was impressive, as was Pawlett, Herkes and the new Finnish guy up front.
They all moved the ball quickly and accurately when they attacked.
Don't think I could stomach watching the whole game again to make a proper appraisal :grr:
I hear ye ! 😃

LaMotta
18-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Nicky Clark will always have a special place in my heart following his pathetic contribution for Rangers at the half way line in the run up to us winning the corner before the winning goal from SDG in 2016.:greengrin

Brooster
18-10-2021, 04:18 PM

Declan is a Celtic fan. His Dad is a Hibs season ticket holder in the West Lower.

CMurdoch
18-10-2021, 04:23 PM
Declan is a Celtic fan. His Dad is a Hibs season ticket holder in the West Lower.

Sheena is a Punk Rocker

jacomo
18-10-2021, 05:02 PM

Tut tut.

Dad should have brought him up better.

Del Boy
18-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Declan Glass is an excellent young player, been at Utd for a while after they signed him from Hutchie but had a shocking injury that kept him out for over a year. He is unfortunately a Celtic fan though was at the LC final we won v Killie. Just signed a new deal at Utd though and is very happy, they looked after him well during his injury problems.

Nicky Clark I’ve always liked, very underrated IMO.

J-C
18-10-2021, 06:45 PM

I know his dad well, he does my books, I was fairly sure Declan was a Hibs fan like his dad, if not that's a big surprise.

Since452
22-10-2021, 06:01 AM
Nicky Clark will always have a special place in my heart following his pathetic contribution for Rangers at the half way line in the run up to us winning the corner before the winning goal from SDG in 2016.:greengrin

He should have collected his winners medal with the Hibs players. Sir Nicky.

Unseen work
22-10-2021, 07:04 AM
Dylan Levitt has impressed me from them along side Fuchs.

Levitt is very technical in midfield and switches play so easily

Key West
22-10-2021, 08:35 AM
The performance from Hibs ( or lack of it ) made all their players look good.

Green Man
22-10-2021, 08:36 AM
The performance from Hibs ( or lack of it ) made all their players look good.

Equally the performance from United made our players look bad.

The dalmeny
22-10-2021, 08:36 AM

ex Hutchie boy?

HoboHarry
23-10-2021, 12:47 AM
Sheena is a Punk Rocker

Ah waant tae be a punk rocker but ma mammy wilnae let me.....

Col2
23-10-2021, 08:23 AM
I said it on the summer, we could have done a lot worse than getting Clark in as additional striker. He is a busy skillful goalscorer and given we have a mixed form Nisbet just now, no Doidge and Scott who is either not fit or not doing it in training we could have done with someone like him.

Hopefully Gullen gives us that spark today.

SMAXXA
23-10-2021, 08:26 AM
I know his dad well, he does my books, I was fairly sure Declan was a Hibs fan like his dad, if not that's a big surprise.

Defo a Celtic fan mate, his mums side are all Celtic fans

J-C
23-10-2021, 10:13 AM
Defo a Celtic fan mate, his mums side are all Celtic fans

Yea very surprised seeing his dad is a massive Hibby, not seen him to pull him up about it😁