PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen game

He's here!
17-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Thoughts? Will we bounce back or will we prove to be the pefect patsies for the beleaguered sheep to get back to winning ways?

I fear the latter. Aberdeen may be on a dreadful run but on the evidence of yesterday's Hibs performance we look like just the tonic they need. I remain stunned by how awful we were.

bingo70
17-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Thoughts? Will we bounce back or will we prove to be the pefect patsies for the beleaguered sheep to get back to winning ways?

I fear the latter. Aberdeen may be on a dreadful run but on the evidence of yesterday's Hibs performance we look like just the tonic they need. I remain stunned by how awful we were.

If Aberdeen are up for it they’ll win.

If they’re a bit vulnerable and feeling sorry for themselves we have a good chance.

Mikey_1875
17-10-2021, 05:45 PM
If Aberdeen are up for it they’ll win.

If they’re a bit vulnerable and feeling sorry for themselves we have a good chance.

So if we lose then we weren’t up for it and if we win then it’s only because Aberdeen felt sorry for themselves. Perfect.

jacomo
17-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Our recent form (last 5 games) is the worst in the top six.

Aberdeen have the worst form in the league.

Both of us desperate for a win. I think it will be tight.

Since452
17-10-2021, 05:51 PM
Key is McGinn and Magennis being back. If they are I'll be far more confident.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Key is McGinn and Magennis being back. If they are I'll be far more confident.

Do we know why there was no Paul McGinn yesterday, injury or illness?

JohnM1875
17-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Do we know if they'll be offering a PPV option? Heard they don't?

bingo70
17-10-2021, 06:14 PM
So if we lose then we weren’t up for it and if we win then it’s only because Aberdeen felt sorry for themselves. Perfect.

When teams are up for it against us, we rarely win.

If that’s passed you by over the last year or so then that’s fine, you’ll maybe notice it one day.

Jack Ross has built a really decent squad and in most games that’s enough, when a teams really up for it though we struggle. If you genuinely haven’t noticed that then I find that quite incredible.

Alfred E Newman
17-10-2021, 06:20 PM
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we don’t lose.

Mikey_1875
17-10-2021, 06:30 PM

If that’s passed you by over the last year or so then that’s fine, you’ll maybe notice it one day.

Jack Ross has built a really decent squad and in most games that’s enough, when a teams really up for it though we struggle. If you genuinely haven’t noticed that then I find that quite incredible.

So do they just need to be up for it, or do they have to be really up for it and we don’t win? How do you measure how up for it our opponents are?

It’s not really a case of noticing anything. You’re suggesting all our wins have happened because our opponents haven’t been really up for it. It’s a ridiculous stance.

Kano Kirsty
17-10-2021, 06:32 PM
Despite yesterday, there’s no chance Aberdeen are going to beat us. They are woeful.

Of course, there’s every chance Glass could be out the door before the weekend.

Diclonius
17-10-2021, 06:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/shu1sUE.png

One bad game doesn't define us.

Hibeesforever
17-10-2021, 06:35 PM
I will be there, confident we can bounce back. We need to pass the ball through the central midfield to be successful...Nisbet can't play on his own up top...I would start with Gullan and Nisbet...McGinn and MCGennis needed!

Sir David Gray
17-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Do we know if they'll be offering a PPV option? Heard they don't?

As far as I'm aware they do.

JohnM1875
17-10-2021, 07:53 PM
As far as I'm aware they do.

Good stuff. Definitely hope they do. Cheers for the reply.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2021, 07:56 PM

I confess that I am a bit worried about this game, Aberdeen are currently on a run of 10 games without a win and have lost their last 5 on the bounce.

It should be a game we're looking forward to with confidence but after yesterday I'm really unsure.

Hopefully Magennis and McGinn can come back in but it is a fixture we traditionally do not do well in, although I realise we won up there last season.

Aberdeen are currently 11/8 to win and if I was a gambler I think that might be tempting.

I really hope Hibs can prove me wrong and pile further pressure onto Aberdeen. I reckon they must be close to getting rid of Stephen Glass and a loss next week may prove to be his final game in charge.

Three points would be very welcome to get yesterday's shambles out of the system.

Coco Bryce
17-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Before yesterday, I was going up expecting to see us win. Now I'm not so sure. 1st goal the winner probably.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2021, 08:22 PM
Sounds a really obvious thing to say but it’s a really important game having lost the last two. A blip can’t become anything more than that and with Celtic to follow I think we really need a result up there.

Hibees1973
17-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Out of the 5 big clubs in Scotland there is always one in crisis. They cannot all be doing well at the same time.

The Yams were a shambles for the last 4-5 years, Celtic last year and it's now currently Aberdeen. Well, if we lose this one next week and the following week we play Celtic we will take over the mantle of the crisis club, after 3 consecutive defeats.

Do we have the mettle to win next week...after what I saw yesterday, no chance.

The heat is on Ross to get an attacking and strong defensive performance next week.....would snap your hand off for a draw at the moment.

I have serious doubts.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2021, 08:49 PM

Ah right. So in 50% of games Jack Ross has managed, the opposition just haven't been up for it? Damn. Have you told their chairman this? How exactly can you tell the difference from us playing better than a team, and us only winning because they cant be arsed?

Steve20
17-10-2021, 09:23 PM
Two teams that aren’t very good. We’ve been a bit better than them in picking up results, so hopefully we can sneak it.

bingo70
17-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Ah right. So in 50% of games Jack Ross has managed, the opposition just haven't been up for it? Damn. Have you told their chairman this? How exactly can you tell the difference from us playing better than a team, and us only winning because they cant be arsed?

No, like I said but you’ve obviously been incapable of reading, we’ve built a better team than most, that’s allowed us to be relatively successful. Ross deserves a lot of credit for that.

If we come up against a team that’s really up for it on the day though then we struggle.

I don’t think there’s any fire in the belly of this Hibs team and we’re easily got at.

hibee-boys
17-10-2021, 09:40 PM
We have previous of helping teams get over scoring droughts, winless runs etc so this, combined with a bad record up there, does not fill me with much confidence!

Lago
17-10-2021, 09:47 PM
No, like I said but you’ve obviously been incapable of reading, we’ve built a better team than most, that’s allowed us to be relatively successful. Ross deserves a lot of credit for that.

If we come up against a team that’s really up for it on the day though then we struggle.

I don’t think there’s any fire in the belly of this Hibs team and we’re easily got at.
Your final paragraph sums up the whole problem with Hibs.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2021, 10:01 PM

Agree with that last bit. We have better players than the majority of the teams in the league which means we’ve got, and will continue to get, results. I just think we’re content to go through the motions at times. Even, on occasion, when we we’re winning and comfortable we’re happy to just see a game out rather than kick on, go for more goals and enjoy ourselves.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2021, 10:12 PM

So how do you judge the opposition being up for it? Basically, if they play well? So the opposition playing well makes it harder for us?

Plenty fire in the belly. Just had a nightmare on Saturday, thats it.

Carheenlea
17-10-2021, 10:18 PM
We’ve managed to conjour up the occasional performance such as we saw yesterday under Jack Ross, but have never went into full slump.

Hopefully that continues and we bounce back like we have done before, but there was just something about that yesterday which is ringing the alarm bell for me a bit.

bingo70
17-10-2021, 10:22 PM
So how do you judge the opposition being up for it? Basically, if they play well? So the opposition playing well makes it harder for us?

Plenty fire in the belly. Just had a nightmare on Saturday, thats it.

If a team that we’re better than play much better than us as they play with a much higher energy and tenacity would be my description of it.

Saturday is one example of it but I would also point to the semi finals and finals we lost last year as other examples. We beat Dundee untied but we were much better than them personnel wise and they were in a bad place at the time. Would also point to the derby just before they got relegated.

wookie70
17-10-2021, 10:41 PM
I think our biggest problem is injuries. We have a wafer thin squad at the moment.It has led Ross to start picking 11 that are available and throwing them in despite it never looking like a combination that would work. Hopefully we can get Magennis and McGinn back for the trip north. That will give us more strength and energy and give the option of returning to the shape that has worked pretty well.

No idea how anyone could predict how we will play without seeing the team. If it is the same as this week with Allan and Murphy both starting and playing a system that sees Nisbet stood 20 yards away from anyone and massive gaps in midfield with Newell and JDH chasing shadows then I it will be another long trip without reward.

Oscar T Grouch
18-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Have AST holder received their tickets yet? My money was taken last week but not received the tickets yet. Wondering if they are keeping them to send out with the Ross County tickets? Not been an issue before but I have not received a couple of things I ordered, in fact I have had no mail in over a week which is unusual given the amount of junk mail I get. Just starting to get worried now.

andrew70
18-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Have AST holder received their tickets yet? My money was taken last week but not received the tickets yet. Wondering if they are keeping them to send out with the Ross County tickets? Not been an issue before but I have not received a couple of things I ordered, in fact I have had no mail in over a week which is unusual given the amount of junk mail I get. Just starting to get worried now.

I received mine last week.

Oscar T Grouch
18-10-2021, 12:27 PM
I received mine last week.

Thanks, I will email the ticket office if they are not delivered today when I get back from work.

davhibby
18-10-2021, 07:41 PM
If anyone wants a pre match laugh then give tonight’s sportsound a listen - not sure if the podcast is out yet. Dave Cormack has lost it already, some very strange comments

Heisenberg
18-10-2021, 07:45 PM
If anyone wants a pre match laugh then give tonight’s sportsound a listen - not sure if the podcast is out yet. Dave Cormack has lost it already, some very strange comments

Was a tremendous listen. Made a fool of himself and his club.

LaMotta
18-10-2021, 07:51 PM

What was he saying??

bingo70
18-10-2021, 08:03 PM
What was he saying??

Read Aberdeen fans on Twitter going radge as he was saying the MLS reserve league is more competitive than our championship. Seemed unclear if he was getting the name of our premier league wrong or if he was saying that where Glass has come from is a better grounding than if he’d been a manager in the Scottish championship before.

Phil MaGlass
18-10-2021, 08:04 PM
If we play the same way against Aberdeen we will lose, I think we will lose 1-0.

ScottB
18-10-2021, 08:08 PM
We’ve managed to conjour up the occasional performance such as we saw yesterday under Jack Ross, but have never went into full slump.

Hopefully that continues and we bounce back like we have done before, but there was just something about that yesterday which is ringing the alarm bell for me a bit.

I think that’s it, this sort of result crops up under Ross, but we don’t tend to end up in a prolonged crisis.

I think my thing with Ross is suspecting this is the biggest gig he’ll likely get, this could be the peak of his powers, never leading us into unbridled crisis, but likely never leading us to the sort of success that will get him a bigger job.

Safe, if not spectacular or particularly inspiring.

GreenCastle
18-10-2021, 08:46 PM

Was hilarious radio - definitely worth a listen.

I’m sure someone will post a link when they find it tomorrow.

The worry is Aberdeen haven’t won in so long they will see Hibs as a chance to change that.

Hibs record against Aberdeen has been woeful in recent seasons. We got the win in that last game but we need to beat them again more regularly.

He's here!
18-10-2021, 08:57 PM
I see Cormack has given Glass a vote of confidence. Most managers don't last long after that.

Personally I'm surprised Glass gave up what sounded a good life and pretty secure job in the States to come to Pittodrie.

Since452
19-10-2021, 05:18 AM
I see Cormack has given Glass a vote of confidence. Most managers don't last long after that.

Personally I'm surprised Glass gave up what sounded a good life and pretty secure job in the States to come to Pittodrie.

That is good news for Saturday

Jones28
19-10-2021, 08:45 AM
I would be tempted to go with this team in a 352/532:

Macey
Cadden McGinn/Wood Daz/Wood Hanlon Doig
Gogic
Newall Allan
Nisbet Boyle

The formation worked well at Tynecastle and I think we tried too hard to accommodate Murphy on Saturday.
Another poster mentioned having McGregor along side Wood to coach him through the game and I think that's a solid idea.
Nisbet needs someone to partner him up front and Boyle needs to be in the team so its a win win. Also harder to mark someone out the game if they can use pace to get in behind.

JXM73
19-10-2021, 09:58 AM
When a team needs something hibs recently oblige, united..hardly score goals, here have 3, aberdeen need a win...

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2021, 10:07 AM
When a team needs something hibs recently oblige, united..hardly score goals, here have 3, aberdeen need a win...

Livi need a win, we beat them easy, Celtic lose to them.

Ross county need a win, we beat them easy

St Johnstone need a win, we beat them, Aberdeen lose to them

superfurryhibby
19-10-2021, 10:16 AM

Nonsense post.

I'm all for analysing the defeat and trying to understand where we went wrong. What I cannot stomach is the way folk like to use a poor performance as an opportunity to indulge their over stimulated antipathy toward the club they , ahem, support.

evy
19-10-2021, 10:21 AM

Aberdeen have given first leagues wins this season to St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee. Celtic got their first domestic away win since February against them as well.

JimBHibees
19-10-2021, 10:21 AM

Just listened personally thought he was ok. Quite a strong defence of Glass based on the recent stats. I think there are issues behind the scenes though hopefully we can take advantage however they still have a very decent squad. We will need to be miles better though. Getting the first goal could be huge.

Alex Trager
19-10-2021, 10:37 AM
Listened to it and they are saying that the centre halves are really easy to turn. I’d consider Boyle through the middle in such case.

Hopefully McGinn and Magennis are back for this one

Yorkshire HFC
19-10-2021, 10:58 AM

I thought he spoke very well. A strong defense of the manager and the club.

allmodcons
19-10-2021, 11:10 AM

Jesus wept.

No need to have a peek at Kickback to see crap being posted about Hibs when you can get it all on here.

What a ridiculous post.

It's so bad, it's really not even worth arguing with you.

We only win when teams aren't up for it :faf:

Heisenberg
19-10-2021, 11:55 AM

I’d have been raging if Ron turned up on the radio and went on like he did. Don’t think anyone would be defending our owner if we were in their shoes and were on a run of results like them. Should just keep quiet and let the manager get on with trying to turn it round on the park.

Keith_M
19-10-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm definitely up for it.

Will that help?

:dunno:

Smartie
19-10-2021, 12:19 PM
Jesus wept.

No need to have a peek at Kickback to see crap being posted about Hibs when you can get it all on here.

What a ridiculous post.

I don't think I agree fully with Bingo's post but I think there is possibly a decent point behind it.

Hibs struggle badly against very hard working, packed defensive teams who press us. These are the games we often struggle in and get our most disappointing results and performances in.

We do better either when the other team has decent amounts of possession and we can counter-attack, or when we're given space to play.

I wouldn't say it's easy to break down teams who press us but we're going to need to find a way to play better against that sort of approach.

Saturday reminded me a bit of the derby defeat before lockdown. Hearts pressed us all over the park and we just didn't have the answers to it. Midfielders who had previously looked good went to pieces. Defenders didn't want to give them the ball so lumped it. We found ourselves all over the shop against the worst team in the league just through them pressing us.

I'm not convinced it's about being "up for it" although that's what it can sometimes look like.

Glory Lurker
19-10-2021, 02:07 PM
Match is on Alba at 6.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2021, 02:16 PM
I would be tempted to go with this team in a 352/532:

Macey
Cadden McGinn/Wood Daz/Wood Hanlon Doig
Gogic
Newall Allan
Nisbet Boyle

The formation worked well at Tynecastle and I think we tried too hard to accommodate Murphy on Saturday.
Another poster mentioned having McGregor along side Wood to coach him through the game and I think that's a solid idea.
Nisbet needs someone to partner him up front and Boyle needs to be in the team so its a win win. Also harder to mark someone out the game if they can use pace to get in behind.

:agree: 13 players would definitely help.:wink:

andudare2
19-10-2021, 04:46 PM
Was hilarious radio - definitely worth a listen.

I’m sure someone will post a link when they find it tomorrow.

The worry is Aberdeen haven’t won in so long they will see Hibs as a chance to change that.

Hibs record against Aberdeen has been woeful in recent seasons. We got the win in that last game but we need to beat them again more regularly.won the lastv2 games v Dons!

davhibby
19-10-2021, 05:28 PM

If Ron went on the radio and started making claims that other chairmen were congratulating him on losing performances I’d be embarrassed.

Eyrie
19-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Match is on Alba at 6.

Handy to know, thanks.

LeithMike
19-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Jesus wept.

What a ridiculous post.

I agree with Bingo on this so think your post is a bit off. It's not so simply about the effort the opposition put in but their style of play. If a team plays a compact formation with a high intensity pressing game we clearly struggle. Evidence supporting that would be games against Hearts, St Johnstone, last game v Dundee Utd (under their new manager).

We are better against more open teams who try to stretch the game or play with a bit less intensity where are ball players in midfield (JDH, Newell, Allan) have a bit more time and space. I think that's why we could beat Dundee Utd regularly last season - they were very open. Motherwell are also fairly open and concentrate more on what they do with the ball rather than stopping the opposition and again we tend to do well against them. Teams also tend to be a bit more open at home which might explain why we are probably better away from home than at ER.

That's not to say we don't have our good days but our midfield don't like being made to run up and down or being put under pressure and other than Magennis our midfield is pretty easily compartmentalised. The 1-3 loss to Hearts was pretty much a blueprint of how to beat us where we got overrun in midfield and Dundee Utd managed to do the same on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
19-10-2021, 08:02 PM
Convinced Aberdeen will win. All the hibs ingredients are there.

Seen this movie to many times.

Mikey_1875
19-10-2021, 08:31 PM
I agree with Bingo on this so think your post is a bit off. It's not so simply about the effort the opposition put in but their style of play. If a team plays a compact formation with a high intensity pressing game we clearly struggle. Evidence supporting that would be games against Hearts, St Johnstone, last game v Dundee Utd (under their new manager).

We are better against more open teams who try to stretch the game or play with a bit less intensity where are ball players in midfield (JDH, Newell, Allan) have a bit more time and space. I think that's why we could beat Dundee Utd regularly last season - they were very open. Motherwell are also fairly open and concentrate more on what they do with the ball rather than stopping the opposition and again we tend to do well against them. Teams also tend to be a bit more open at home which might explain why we are probably better away from home than at ER.

That's not to say we don't have our good days but our midfield don't like being made to run up and down or being put under pressure and other than Magennis our midfield is pretty easily compartmentalised. The 1-3 loss to Hearts was pretty much a blueprint of how to beat us where we got overrun in midfield and Dundee Utd managed to do the same on Saturday.

These are fair points and I agree with a few of them too. But when it’s claimed as simply as Aberdeen will win on Saturday as long as they are up for it, where as Hibs only win games when the opposition aren’t up for it. Then that is why people are reacting poorly to it (certainly in my case anyway) regardless of what is meant reading between the lines.

FWIW I can’t see Aberdeen employing the same high press style that Dundee Utd had at the weekend. If they do I certainly expect us to be more prepared for it after Saturday.

Like another poster said I think the first goal will be very important in this game, hopefully we have Magennis and McGinn back for the game and we can start making positive momentum in the league again.

LeithMike
19-10-2021, 09:38 PM
These are fair points and I agree with a few of them too. But when it’s claimed as simply as Aberdeen will win on Saturday as long as they are up for it, where as Hibs only win games when the opposition aren’t up for it. Then that is why people are reacting poorly to it (certainly in my case anyway) regardless of what is meant reading between the lines.

FWIW I can’t see Aberdeen employing the same high press style that Dundee Utd had at the weekend. If they do I certainly expect us to be more prepared for it after Saturday.

Like another poster said I think the first goal will be very important in this game, hopefully we have Magennis and McGinn back for the game and we can start making positive momentum in the league again.Certainly agree re Aberdeen. They got off to a good start but never convinced that was going to continue and it was a huge risk removing a proven manager like McInnes to someone untested at this level like Glass. Usually when organised teams open up a bit under a new manager they do well before crashing and burning.

Hibs are certainly capable of getting a result in Aberdeen and I suspect Aberdeen's problems are bigger than our own and I think the match up might just suit us.

Whatever anyone says about Ross, he usually compounds the critics when the knives are out and deserves our backing at this time - even though we are far from the finished article.

heretoday
19-10-2021, 10:38 PM
We'll bounce back.

SteveHFC
20-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Hibs 3/1 to win on Saturday.

Alex Trager
20-10-2021, 12:00 PM
Certainly agree re Aberdeen. They got off to a good start but never convinced that was going to continue and it was a huge risk removing a proven manager like McInnes to someone untested at this level like Glass. Usually when organised teams open up a bit under a new manager they do well before crashing and burning.

Hibs are certainly capable of getting a result in Aberdeen and I suspect Aberdeen's problems are bigger than our own and I think the match up might just suit us.

Whatever anyone says about Ross, he usually compounds the critics when the knives are out and deserves our backing at this time - even though we are far from the finished article.

Their problems are: no wins in ten with two draws chucked in there, the rest losses.

Our form over the same period is: 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses.

Our form is not great, but it is nowhere near as bad as theirs.

JimBHibees
20-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Is there a pub Hibees will go prior to the game? Son heading up for it. Think it may have been Butchers last time

20-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Their problems are: no wins in ten with two draws chucked in there, the rest losses.

Our form over the same period is: 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses.

Our form is not great, but it is nowhere near as bad as theirs.

Aberdeen haven't won in 10 games...

Really hope it's not the case but, along come Hibs.

Jones28
20-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Every reason to believe Hibs will be comfortable in this game. Aberdeen very susceptible to a ball over the top and if we deploy Boyle properly he will rip them to shreds.

0-3 to Hibs.

Lago
20-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Every reason to believe Hibs will be comfortable in this game. Aberdeen very susceptible to a ball over the top and if we deploy Boyle properly he will rip them to shreds.

0-3 to Hibs.
0-3? Admire your optimism.

Seveno
20-10-2021, 06:33 PM
£13.99 to watch on Sheep PPV.

Stuart93
20-10-2021, 07:14 PM
A team in horrid form, badly needing a win and not scoring many goals?

Step up hibs

JimBHibees
20-10-2021, 08:18 PM
A team in horrid form, badly needing a win and not scoring many goals?

Step up hibs

Step up Hibs to beat them again.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2021, 08:29 PM

As long as you're in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Stuart93
20-10-2021, 09:32 PM
Step up Hibs to beat them again.

Fingers crossed but I’ve seen this scenario far too many times

Peevemor
20-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Fingers crossed but I’ve seen this scenario far too many timesWell I think Ross is capable of getting the right correction from the players and we'll add to Aberdeen misery.

I'm certainly not giving up hope already as some seem to be doing.

Stuart93
20-10-2021, 10:00 PM
Well I think Ross is capable of getting the right correction from the players and we'll add to Aberdeen misery.

Aye fair enough well done to you. I seem to remember you saying the same kind of thing at half time on Saturday.

So really, it doesn’t matter a **** if some are giving up hope or not. All depends what happens on the pitch.

Smartie
20-10-2021, 10:02 PM
Well I think Ross is capable of getting the right correction from the players and we'll add to Aberdeen misery.

Ross can be capable, but for this one he needs to be luckier than he was at the weekend with the players returning from injury if he’s to have any chance.

If his team isn’t at least a couple of players different and better, this could be an embarrassment.

Peevemor
20-10-2021, 10:07 PM
Aye fair enough well done to you. I seem to remember you saying the same kind of thing at half time on Saturday.

So really, it doesn’t matter a **** if some are giving up hope or not. All depends what happens on the pitch.Correct, because yourself (IIRC) and a few others were giving it "we're never going to win this match". As it turned out you were correct, but I've seen JR's teams doing their Jekyll & Hyde often enough that I don't give up hope - especially only a goal behind at half time.

I just can't relate to a mindset that would see me going through this week convinced that Aberdeen will beat us and saying so every day on here.

Neither have I said that I think we'll win, but I'll always remain hopeful.

MWHIBBIES
20-10-2021, 10:15 PM

And you've seen us beat teams in bad form far, far more.

Peevemor
20-10-2021, 10:21 PM
Ross can be capable, but for this one he needs to be luckier than he was at the weekend with the players returning from injury if he’s to have any chance.

If his team isn’t at least a couple of players different and better, this could be an embarrassment.Or we could go and gub them. Or maybe we'll play crap but still scrape a 1-0 win.

I've no idea how the match will pan out, but if I was pessimistic as some I wouldn't even bother watching it.

I will though and I'm looking forward to it.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2021, 10:40 PM
Hibs 3/1 to win on Saturday.

Who's that with? The best odds I can find are 2/1.

I'm not much of a gambler and I'd never bet on Hibs to lose anyway but Aberdeen at 13/8 would be tempting if I was a non-Hibs supporting gambler.

Smartie
20-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Or we could go and gub them. Or maybe we'll play crap but still scrape a 1-0 win.

I've no idea how the match will pan out, but if I was pessimistic as some I wouldn't even bother watching it.

I will though and I'm looking forward to it.

If we’ve got McGinn and Magennis back then I think I’d be able to look forward to it.

If they’re still missing then it could be ugly again, and back to back poor performances would heap pressure on Ross, especially with Aberdeen having been a bit of a laughing stock so far this season.

SteveHFC
21-10-2021, 12:02 AM

I'm not much of a gambler and I'd never bet on Hibs to lose anyway but Aberdeen at 13/8 would be tempting if I was a non-Hibs supporting gambler.

Bet365 had Hibs at 3/1 this afternoon now down to 2/1.

Coco Bryce
21-10-2021, 07:23 AM
A couple of us going up on Saturday.

We expect a Hibs win 0-2

Jones28
21-10-2021, 07:43 AM
0-3? Admire your optimism.

Well why not? They can't keep a clean sheet and we have a decent front 3. Saturday was a blip, not a trend.

Brightside
21-10-2021, 07:47 AM
A Hibs Win... and if we do it will obviously be due to Aberdeen being dreadful. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2021, 07:48 AM

You won't be too disappointed then if we lose. :rolleyes:

Alex Trager
21-10-2021, 09:06 AM

For me, Hibs at 3/1 is the bet to betting for sure

Alex Trager
21-10-2021, 09:33 AM
A Hibs Win... and if we do it will obviously be due to Aberdeen being dreadful. :wink:

I noticed there was a guy on twitter who put JR’s record in the ‘big games’ up.

Here it is:

Jack Ross “big game” record (old firm, hearts, hampden)

20 games
2 wins

2 x semi final defeats (STJ/HMFC)
1 x final defeat (STJ)

1PT/21PT v Rangers
3PT/18PT v Celtic
4PT/9PT v Hearts

Total= 8PT/48PT

Now what I noted first of all was that Aberdeen are no longer included in the big game discussion, and I am absolutely certain they were last season. This may not have been the case for this particular person who has posted these stats, but generally Aberdeen were seen as a big game.

They have been the third force in Scotland for what? Ten years, at times flirting with second and sort of coming close to winning the league (not really, but statically at times they were close) so they’re certainly a big game. I enjoy beating them more than every other team in scotland except three others.

Anyway, we beat them twice last season and they beat us twice, our two wins being the most recent results. I also know that JR beat them 3-0 at ER pre covid, but got beat 3-1 at pittodrie. So a 50% win ratio for JR in this fixture (I think).

We have the same amount of points as Hearts do vs us in the league, they scored their pen in the semi (which is how I viewed the result, I know others feel differently to me).

For me personally, an away win at DU in a 1/4 is a huge game for hibs, all cup games are. They are especially big when Hearts and the Sheep are out of the competition.

A semi final win over the same opposition, (though it could be any opposition, it would still be a massive game) is a massive game won.

Rangers, IMO people are clouded by our semi recent record vs them. This is a team that had just come out of the worst period in their history, I think it is more sensible to compare our record vs them prior to going bust, the gap is back to that size. That said, our performances vs them have been fairly decent, the refs have defo had their say in the way things have went in recent times.

Again, Celtic have vast resources in comparison to us however, I do feel like we missed a few chances vs them last season and I am interested in how our game will go vs them next week. Hearts were fortunate in getting them at home for the first game of the season but that’s how it goes.

The cup final performance was frankly disgusting and the semi vs St J was a matter of missed chances and ***** defending - less of a none event than the final but hugely disappointing none the less.

A bit of a rant but my tuppence worth on the whole situation.

As for Saturday, it is a huge chance for us to go and get back on track at what is a historically difficult venue for us. A lot will depend on personnel availability but I hope we can get the result, obviously.

The squad depth is a big concern for me, and for the manager I believe, so hopefully this will be addressed in January.

CB_NO3
21-10-2021, 10:22 AM
Another 200 tickets to be released for away fans

Stuart93
21-10-2021, 11:17 AM
You won't be too disappointed then if we lose. :rolleyes:

Na I’ll be delighted if we get beat, obviously

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2021, 11:26 AM
Na I’ll be delighted if we get beat, obviously

I believe you.

Stuart93
21-10-2021, 01:00 PM
I believe you.

Thank god for that

Heisenberg
21-10-2021, 01:43 PM
McGinn is back. Magennis still out, which is a big blow.

Alex Trager
21-10-2021, 03:45 PM

Could have been worse

Since452
21-10-2021, 04:55 PM

Really getting sick and tired of injuries already this season. Must have been a bad one. Out since before the international break.

Peevemor
21-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Really getting sick and tired of injuries already this season. Must have been a bad one. Out since before the international break.https://youtu.be/8TR1hi_xTVk

JR saying that Magennis has a niggling groin injury and will probably be back during the next international break. Mackay has a bad ankle injury and is out for the foreseeable future.

Mikey_1875
21-10-2021, 05:52 PM
https://youtu.be/8TR1hi_xTVk

JR saying that Magennis has a niggling groin injury and will probably be back during the next international break. Mackay has a bad ankle injury and is out for the foreseeable future.

At least four games for Magennis then and straight into a semi final. Really disappointing as our midfield isn’t the same without him.

bigwheel
21-10-2021, 06:03 PM
At least four games for Magennis then and straight into a semi final. Really disappointing as our midfield isn’t the same without him.

We’ve not had much luck of late with injuries

Stuart93
21-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Really getting sick and tired of injuries already this season. Must have been a bad one. Out since before the international break.

Aye it’s not great especially when you’ve barely any depth to your squad

BS44
21-10-2021, 07:54 PM
Can we get this on ppv? Trying to register on redtv but it seems I need a dons id.

Iggy Pope
21-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Can we get this on ppv? Trying to register on redtv but it seems I need a dons id.

You should be able to buy it as a walk up if you register. Did you get any of last seasons closed games at Aberdeen on PPV?

BS44
21-10-2021, 08:12 PM
You should be able to buy it as a walk up if you register. Did you get any of last seasons closed games at Aberdeen on PPV?

Yeah, watched both games. Isn't recognising my email when I'm trying to recover my password.

Thought I try and register again but no luck there either.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2021, 05:12 PM
We need to go at them straight from the whistle tomorrow
Test their fragile confidence, and see how their crowd react

Smartie
22-10-2021, 05:44 PM
I’m really not looking forward to this one.

Magennis still being out is a disaster.

We simply don’t have the squad to cope with losing Porteous, Magennis and Doidge. The loss of those 3 (still basically the spine of the team) turns us from being one of the best teams in the league into one of the poorest although McGinn coming back is very welcome.

I’m struggling to make a decent team unit out of the players available tbh and might be tempted to go ultra-defensive - Stevenson in for Doig, McGregor in for Wood, McGinn in to play RCB, move Cadden to wing back. Stick Gogic in midfield with Newell and JDH and fight them. Boyle and Gullan up front and try and hit direct balls in behind their defence on the break.

Murphy and Nisbet can sit this one out.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2021, 05:49 PM

We simply don’t have the squad to cope with losing Porteous, Magennis and Doidge. The loss of those 3 (still basically the spine of the team) turns us from being one of the best teams in the league into one of the poorest although McGinn coming back is very welcome.

I’m struggling to make a decent team unit out of the players available tbh and might be tempted to go ultra-defensive - Stevenson in for Doig, McGregor in for Wood, McGinn in to play RCB, move Cadden to wing back. Stick Gogic in midfield with Newell and JDH and fight them. Boyle and Gullan up front and try and hit direct balls in behind their defence on the break.

With McGinn back I think we’re a stick on to go to a back three.

Think the majority of the team will pick itself. McGregor or Wood, Allan or Murphy being the two positions where I’m not sure what way he’ll go.

Smartie
22-10-2021, 06:03 PM
With McGinn back I think we’re a stick on to go to a back three.

Think the majority of the team will pick itself. McGregor or Wood, Allan or Murphy being the two positions where I’m not sure what way he’ll go.

Allan, Murphy and Nisbet I think there are question marks over.

Allan and Murphy are the least defensively disciplined players we have and this will probably be a game where we have to weather a bit of pressure, defend in numbers and hit on the break.

The first goal is huge tomorrow.

zitelli62
22-10-2021, 06:11 PM

Is that for everyone or do you have to be overseas.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Allan, Murphy and Nisbet I think there are question marks over.

Allan and Murphy are the least defensively disciplined players we have and this will probably be a game where we have to weather a bit of pressure, defend in numbers and hit on the break.

The first goal is huge tomorrow.

Don’t think there is any doubt over Nisbet. Not been playing well enough but he’s not going to leave him out IMO.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2021, 06:45 PM
Is that for everyone or do you have to be overseas.

Everyone in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can purchase it.

It's not available in England due to rights issues.

Tarveshibs
23-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Looking to buy 2 tickets for today if anybody has spares for sale?

Live up north so would meet at pittodrie if possible.

Cheers!

Blurhibee
23-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Looking to buy 2 tickets for today if anybody has spares for sale?

Live up north so would meet at pittodrie if possible.

Cheers!

There was a message on Twitter today from Kieran power the fans rep that he will be bringing the spare tickets unsold from yesterday up to Aberdeen with him so maybe get in touch with him mate 👍🇳🇬

Tarveshibs
23-10-2021, 09:22 AM
There was a message on Twitter today from Kieran power the fans rep that he will be bringing the spare tickets unsold from yesterday up to Aberdeen with him so maybe get in touch with him mate 👍🇳🇬

Cheers mate will drop him a msg.

Blurhibee
23-10-2021, 10:06 AM
Cheers mate will drop him a msg.

👍

midfield_maestro
23-10-2021, 10:27 AM

https://ppv.afc.co.uk/

Perfect Hatrick
23-10-2021, 10:38 AM
Will be a difficult game today. Could really do with a win to keep pace with the pack ahead of us.

bigwheel
23-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Will be a difficult game today. Could really do with a win to keep pace with the pack ahead of us.

Huge game …cup final for them….they have to get back to winning ways . We will have to be absolutely on it . Not a place and time to go with a weakened team, such as we are .

Will be a huge three points for any team that wins today ..hope it is us

Keith_M
23-10-2021, 10:45 AM
So they've restricted us to 800 tickets and suddenly get 200 out of nowhere only two days before the game?

:confused:

I didn't see this announced anywhere either, so there's gonnna be a lot of people that would happily have snapped up the extra tickets that either just didn't know about it or found out too late.

greenpaper55
23-10-2021, 10:47 AM
2-0 to Aberdeen, why should anything change ? The manager could not get us going last week so i see nothing other than an Aberdeen win, hope i'm wrong.

Lancs Harp
23-10-2021, 10:50 AM
2-0 to Aberdeen, why should anything change ? The manager could not get us going last week so i see nothing other than an Aberdeen win, hope i'm wrong.

I hope things dont change, Aberdeen haven't won for 10 games :greengrin

Jones28
23-10-2021, 11:30 AM

No wins for Aberdeen in 2 months, I think you’re wrong from the outset.

Stuart93
23-10-2021, 11:37 AM
So they've restricted us to 800 tickets and suddenly get 200 out of nowhere only two days before the game?

I didn't see this announced anywhere either, so there's gonnna be a lot of people that would happily have snapped up the extra tickets that either just didn't know about it or found out too late.

The extra 200 tickets was all over social media to be fair

expresso
23-10-2021, 11:43 AM
Feeling very negative about this game today.
History has told me when the opposition need a result Hibs usually oblige.
Hopefully I’ll be wrong though.

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Feeling very negative about this game today.
History has told me when the opposition need a result Hibs usually oblige.
Hopefully I’ll be wrong though.

I think every club thinks like this. At least the non OF teams do.

Gmack7
23-10-2021, 12:37 PM
We seem better suited away from home. Hibs win

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Observation :

“I hope I’m wrong” creeps in quite a lot on tinternet. But People hate being wrong. So is this just a another internet phenomena or do people actually go around saying “I hope I’m wrong” and what kind of a life is that in fear of what you reckon will come true.

c’est la vie! Vive la difference! Viva los (not loss) Hibees :)

Brightside
23-10-2021, 12:46 PM
That team doesn’t excite me.

Alex Trager
23-10-2021, 12:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211023/4ea8a6ded694968526a5fcb0081eb85d.jpg

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-10-2021, 12:50 PM
I’ve got little confidence in getting a result today.

Aberdeen have been rotten but they still have good individual players that can cause a bit of damage.

Just saw the team and really don’t fancy us now.

Hope to god I’m completely wrong.

RossScott1991
23-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Aberdeen not won in 5 games. Desperately need a win. Up step Hibs.

2.1 Aberdeen

Peevemor
23-10-2021, 12:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211023/4ea8a6ded694968526a5fcb0081eb85d.jpgRoss has changed things but bringing in Gullan and with Cadden probably playing further forward he's obviously looking to attack.

Smartie
23-10-2021, 12:55 PM

I've not been far off the mark with my ****fest prediction here, although Jack Ross has kept Nisbet in in place of Gogic in my ultranegative team.

Unsurprisingly I don't have a problem with the team at all. Too many players are missing for us to easily form a team that we're happy with. We've got players with the attributes to exploit their weaknesses and by leaving certain players out, we retain the ability to change the game in our favour if it isn't going our way.

Quite hard to make out exactly how this team lines up - 343 / 541 sort of affair?

I love that he's given Gullan a chance btw.

Allant1981
23-10-2021, 12:56 PM

Club posted it on almost all their social media pages and the website as well im sure

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Watching on red tv ppv - did I just see Craig David with Kes or was it the hawkman they use to keep the seagulls off the pitch? Or are they selling Gull-burgers ?

StockholmHibs
23-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Same every week. Sideways pass every time , no cutting edge no urgency.
No leaders im afraid 😔

Flanny boy
23-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Same every week. Sideways pass every time , no cutting edge no urgency.
No leaders im afraid 😔

💯correct I’m afraid ☹️