PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen at it...

Renfrew_Hibby
07-10-2021, 10:51 AM
... not going to be implementing vaccine checks at games v us and Hearts because they are predicting crowds of 9,700 at both and if it's under 10K then you're exempt.

So no checks and 14,000 to turn up then, guess we could be doing the same. Farce.

green day
07-10-2021, 10:54 AM
... not going to be implementing vaccine checks at games v us and Hearts because they are predicting crowds of 9,700 at both and if it's under 10K then you're exempt.

So no checks and 14,000 to turn up then, guess we could be doing the same. Farce.

They have said that - in line with may clubs - their official crowds have been "tickets sold" whereas due to covid (and the fact they are crap) their actual in stadium attendances are a lot lower.

For Hibs / Hearts, they are charging their fans up to £34 !!

Our fans will be charged £29 and its the ticket pricing and the fact they are mince that means they think they wont hit 10k

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 10:58 AM
I presumed that the capacity of the stadium should be what decided on the requirements of covid status checks.

Shrekko
07-10-2021, 11:02 AM
The actual crowds probably will be under 10,000 to be fair.

Irish_Steve
07-10-2021, 11:02 AM
I presumed that the capacity of the stadium should be what decided on the requirements of covid status checks.

That was my reading of it too - it doesn't matter how many turn up on the day, it was the capacity that determined if you needed checks

H18 SFR
07-10-2021, 11:03 AM
I don't see any problem with this at all, let alone them being 'at it'.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-10-2021, 11:06 AM
They have said that - in line with may clubs - their official crowds have been "tickets sold" whereas due to covid (and the fact they are crap) their actual in stadium attendances are a lot lower.

For Hibs / Hearts, they are charging their fans up to £34 !!

Our fans will be charged £29 and its the ticket pricing and the fact they are mince that means they think they wont hit 10k

Just goes to show how this whole things going to be manipulated. Will clubs have to start publishing, actual through the turnstiles attendances alongside tickets sold ones?

You can predict 9,000 and 12,000 turn up. Whole things a joke and that's comming from a supporter of the Scottish Government.

Jones28
07-10-2021, 11:06 AM
So if 15,000 turn up they will presumably be breaking the law and will face a punishment of some description?

CMurdoch
07-10-2021, 11:08 AM
They have 8870 season ticket holders
Circa 10% won't attend
That takes their number attending to under 8000

That leaves 2000 tickets for sale before they breach the 10,000
Can't see any chance them being able to sell that many

How many Hibs supporters do you reckon will go to the game?

Sir David Gray
07-10-2021, 11:10 AM
If this ends up happening then it makes a mockery of the whole thing and it would be as well just being scrapped.

Helensburghhibs
07-10-2021, 11:13 AM
They aren't at it if they believe their crowd won't breach 10k. Time the whole nonsense scheme was abandoned anyway

WhileTheChief..
07-10-2021, 11:14 AM

Agreed, they’ve been taking a decent common sense approach to things.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 11:20 AM
So if 15,000 turn up they will presumably be breaking the law and will face a punishment of some description?

They should be.

I have no problem with clubs publicly declaring the number of tickets sold as opposed to the actual number in attendance - a sell out is a sell out.

However, in this day and age they'll know in real time the number of people who have passed through the turnstiles - I'd be surprised if clubs don't have to provide accurate figures for policing/stewarding & insurance purposes.

There's no excuse for them to exceed the 10k mark, and if they do they should be punished.

The minute folk start making up their own rules, we're gubbed.

Skol
07-10-2021, 11:25 AM
While this is probably OK, it is very risky if more than 10k turn up and they havent carried out checks

JohnMcM
07-10-2021, 11:31 AM

Me neither.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2021, 11:33 AM
When did businesses have a get out clause with this law which allows them to ignore it on the basis that their predicted attendance will be below 10,000? What then happens if more than 10,000 end up turning up?

That seems completely open to abuse.

lord bunberry
07-10-2021, 11:36 AM
They probably won’t be selling tickets at the gate so they will have a fair idea what the attendance will be. If they sell a load of extra tickets they’ll have to make an announcement that they’re going to do checks. Their biggest problem would be if all their season ticket holders happened to turn up, but I think they’d get away with that due to it being an unusual event.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 11:42 AM
When did businesses have a get out clause with this law which allows them to ignore it on the basis that their predicted attendance will be below 10,000? What then happens if more than 10,000 end up turning up?

That seems completely open to abuse.

Just had a look at the government advice to businesses.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

If the event is 'planned' for under 10,000 then no check is required, regardless of capacity. From this I would think that Aberdeen would have to limit access to prepurchased tickets only and stop sales at 9,999.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 11:44 AM
They probably won’t be selling tickets at the gate so they will have a fair idea what the attendance will be. If they sell a load of extra tickets they’ll have to make an announcement that they’re going to do checks. Their biggest problem would be if all their season ticket holders happened to turn up, but I think they’d get away with that due to it being an unusual event.

Or they only sell tickets up to a revised capacity of 9,999 on the assumption that all season tickets are in attendance.

This is likely to result in the same situation of no away supporters at games

greenginger
07-10-2021, 11:45 AM
Has it been decided whether delegates , advisers etc to the COPS conference next month will require vaccine certification when they attend the various assemblies. ?

Sir David Gray
07-10-2021, 11:45 AM

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

If the event is 'planned' for under 10,000 then no check is required, regardless of capacity. From this I would think that Aberdeen would have to limit access to prepurchased tickets only and stop sales at 9,999.

All seems a bit of a nonsense really.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 11:48 AM
All seems a bit of a nonsense really.

You're entitled to that opinion, however if Aberdeen has decided that is the route that they want to go down to avoid checks it will be the fans who are adversely affected.

whiskyhibby
07-10-2021, 12:04 PM
If this ends up happening then it makes a mockery of the whole thing and it would be as well just being scrapped.

It was a mockery to start with and should never have been considered, it’s like the vaccine programme never happened, they should concentrate on getting GPs doing their job properly and thus helping to offload hospitals

whiskyhibby
07-10-2021, 12:06 PM
Has it been decided whether delegates , advisers etc to the COPS conference next month will require vaccine certification when they attend the various assemblies. ?

Yes and the answer is no, to quote animal farm, “all animals are equal, some are more equal than others”

Col2
07-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Don’t see the issue. The Scottish Govt have implemented a new procedure which has no clear visible benefit yet costs the clubs money and supporters a potential delay in getting in.

All as a stick to get more vaccinated when our vaccination level is the highest in the UK. A lazy answer to a perceived problem. They have the ok to vaccinate 12-15 year olds now so the uptake will increase.

We are the only country in Europe doing this (some others offering option of negative lateral flow test).

I am double jabbed and so are family and friends so no issues with vaccine. Friends of ours have caught it recently. They are unwell but manageable. The transmission protection from vaccine is limited. This is reality now.

Unseen work
07-10-2021, 12:14 PM
No issues with it.

The legislation seems a bit ridiculous for it and not very well thought out so if it’s based on predicted numbers based on tickets sold I imagine that’s right for Aberdeen.

They’ll get above that as I’m sure there will be quite a few walk ins from the home and away support.

Coco Bryce
07-10-2021, 12:19 PM

And hopefully will be. Completely pointless operation from the word go.

Coco Bryce
07-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Don’t see the issue. The Scottish Govt have implemented a new procedure which has no clear visible benefit yet costs the clubs money and supporters a potential delay in getting in.

All as a stick to get more vaccinated when our vaccination level is the highest in the UK. A lazy answer to a perceived problem. They have the ok to vaccinate 12-15 year olds now so the uptake will increase.

We are the only country in Europe doing this (some others offering option of negative lateral flow test).

I am double jabbed and so are family and friends so no issues with vaccine. Friends of ours have caught it recently. They are unwell but manageable. The transmission protection from vaccine is limited. This is reality now.

Most people I know that have had or currently have Covid are all double jabbed. One is in hospital the others had 'heavy cold' symptoms.

Ringothedog
07-10-2021, 12:40 PM
They have 8870 season ticket holders
Circa 10% won't attend
That takes their number attending to under 8000

That leaves 2000 tickets for sale before they breach the 10,000
Can't see any chance them being able to sell that many

My guess would be about 1200

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 12:43 PM

The point you make shows how daft the whole thing is though, 9,999 turn up and no checks necessary, 1 more person turns up and everyone needs to be checked (well should but they’re getting away with ‘spot checks’).

That 1 person makes zero difference in Covid terms but ends up causing all sorts of havoc logistically.

Lago
07-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 12:46 PM
The point you make shows how daft the whole thing is though, 9,999 turn up and no checks necessary, 1 more person turns up and everyone needs to be checked (well should but they’re getting away with ‘spot checks’).

That 1 person makes zero difference in Covid terms but ends up causing all sorts of havoc logistically.

Whether it's 1 or 100 additional people it would probably still make no difference, but the line is currently drawn at 10k and that should be respected until such times as the rules are changed again.

BegbieHSC
07-10-2021, 12:57 PM
More tinpot than Hearts.

banchoryhibs
07-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Their average attendance fir league games this season is 13,987. They are definitely at it!
If I was their CEO I'd be very worried if a sub 10k crowd was anticipated for a league game, that's not enough to pay the wages!

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 01:22 PM
Whether it's 1 or 100 additional people it would probably still make no difference, but the line is currently drawn at 10k and that should be respected until such times as the rules are changed again.

Which is why it’s ludicrous. You are agreeing that whichever side of the line it falls on it’s highly unlikely to have any public health bearing, Sturgeon admitted so last week in parliament when she made the remark regarding it just being about getting more people vaccinated and not necessarily to ‘save the lives’ of those in attendance as we keep being told on here.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Hope Hibs follow suit. Very sensible if you ask me. Why cost your club money when the expected crowd in actual attendance is under a figure plucked out the air by SG. We have had nowhere near 10K imo at the league games so why incur the expense when you don't have to.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Hope Hibs follow suit. Very sensible if you ask me. Why cost your club money when the expected crowd in actual attendance is under a figure plucked out the air by SG. We have had nowhere near 10K imo at the league games so why incur the expense when you don't have to.

What, with 11.5k ST holders + walk-ups & visiting fans? :confused:

Jay
07-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Which is why it’s ludicrous. You are agreeing that whichever side of the line it falls on it’s highly unlikely to have any public health bearing, Sturgeon admitted so last week in parliament when she made the remark regarding it just being about getting more people vaccinated and not necessarily to ‘save the lives’ of those in attendance as we keep being told on here.

Yep because if it was about stopping the spread it would be a different app with neg LF or pcr tests. My son has 3 friends , all mid 20s , all double jagged months ago , all tested positive this week. Thankfully they aren't ill . one does an LF for work that's how he found out and he messaged his friends who all did their own LFs with another 2 unknowingly positive they have vaccine certificates and could be at the football

wookie70
07-10-2021, 01:50 PM
What, with 11.5k ST holders + walk-ups & visiting fans? :confused:

Have you been at the home games. I'd be amazed if there has been more than 10K in attendance. This is about bums in seats not tickets sold and the club just has to demonstrate a planned attendance. It can do that by using turnstile info for similar games. It won't work for Cat As but the rest we may be OK. We could of course spend money completely unnecessarily.

Jones28
07-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Have you been at the home games. I'd be amazed if there has been more than 10K in attendance. This is about bums in seats not tickets sold and the club just has to demonstrate a planned attendance. It can do that by using turnstile info for similar games. It won't work for Cat As but the rest we may be OK. We could of course spend money completely unnecessarily.

No chance are we getting less than 10k at home matches.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 01:55 PM

In any case, I'm not sure Hibs can legally restrict ER to less than 10k when they've already exceeded that in STs and they certainly couldn't sell any to walk-ups or visiting supporters.

I've heard some daft ideas...

CentreLine
07-10-2021, 02:13 PM
I suppose if they actually plan to sell no more than 9,800 tickets and don’t print any more then they’ll be fine. As soon as there are over 10,000 tickets available then surely they must comply with the legislation?

wookie70
07-10-2021, 02:17 PM
In any case, I'm not sure Hibs can legally restrict ER to less than 10k when they've already exceeded that in STs and they certainly couldn't sell any to walk-ups or visiting supporters.

I've heard some daft ideas...

The rules are for planned attendance. I would imagine Aberdeen have taken the view that they can predict anticipated attendance from what has happened in previous games and that puts them under 10K. We will have more than them but I'm not convinced it will be more than 10K. We will know from the games so far. If we are under 10K, and my view is we are, then use that to our advantage. If there are more walk ups and more than 10k attend then that would be fine for that game but it would make it difficult to justify for future games.

I go in a party of 5 to ER all St holders. We have averaged about 2.5 attendances for the games so far. From what I can see looking round the stadium there is lots more empty seats than normal, as you would expect.

What would be a daft idea would be to ignore previous, through the turnstile, attendances and go with how many ST have been sold. There is data there that may help us, if it doesn't then fine, but I would be very disappointed if we didn't look to follow Aberdeen.

Not sure you go to games so you may be commenting blind on how many are actually attending ER. I'm in the West and looking to the East stand it is very sparsely populated. That goes for the FF too.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 02:19 PM
I suppose if they actually plan to sell no more than 9,800 tickets and don’t print any more then they’ll be fine. As soon as there are over 10,000 tickets available then surely they must comply with the legislation?

The rules are earlier in the thread. They can be interpreted a few ways but it looks like Aberdeen are viewing it as how many fans they are planning for to be through the turnstiles. They will be able to show that from games so far.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 02:23 PM
The rules are for planned attendance. I would imagine Aberdeen have taken the view that they can predict anticipated attendance from what has happened in previous games and that puts them under 10K. We will have more than them but I'm not convinced it will be more than 10K. We will know from the games so far. If we are under 10K, and my view is we are, then use that to our advantage. If there are more walk ups and more than 10k attend then that would be fine for that game but it would make it difficult to justify for future games.

I go in a party of 5 to ER all St holders. We have averaged about 2.5 attendances for the games so far. From what I can see looking round the stadium there is lots more empty seats than normal, as you would expect.

What would be a daft idea would be to ignore previous, through the turnstile, attendances and go with how many ST have been sold. There is data there that may help us, if it doesn't then fine, but I would be very disappointed if we didn't look to follow Aberdeen.

Not sure you go to games so you may be commenting blind on how many are actually attending ER. I'm in the West and looking to the East stand it is very sparsely populated. That goes for the FF too.

I think you know that, living abroad, I don't attend ER very often at all - that doesn't make my point any less valid IMO.

How can Hibs possibly announce that they're applying the rules for <10k supporters, when they've already sold 11.5k+ tickets? How can they then sell even more tickets to walk-ups and visiting fans? There'd be a very real risk that, if Hibs were to do the right thing and shut the gates when there were 10k on the ground, people in possession of valid tickets would be locked out.

You might think you're idea isn't daft. I couldn't disagree more.

Mikey_1875
07-10-2021, 02:27 PM

According to their statement we are getting allocated 800 tickets for the game so I’d imagine that will sell out.

Hibernian Verse
07-10-2021, 02:28 PM

We won't have under 10k for any league games this season. It's a moot point to discuss if we will follow Aberdeen's lead unless we draw Alloa in the Scottish Cup.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 02:41 PM
We won't have under 10k for any league games this season. It's a moot point to discuss if we will follow Aberdeen's lead unless we draw Alloa in the Scottish Cup. Do you know that for sure, if so, how.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 02:44 PM
Do you know that for sure, if so, how.

Do you know for sure that more than 15% of all ST holders are not going to turn up? If so, how?

wookie70
07-10-2021, 02:54 PM
I think you know that, living abroad, I don't attend ER very often at all - that doesn't make my point any less valid IMO.

How can Hibs possibly announce that they're applying the rules for <10k supporters, when they've already sold 11.5k+ tickets? How can they then sell even more tickets to walk-ups and visiting fans? There'd be a very real risk that, if Hibs were to do the right thing and shut the gates when there were 10k on the ground, people in possession of valid tickets would be locked out.

You might think you're idea isn't daft. I couldn't disagree more.

It is about planned attendance. If we can demonstrate that we have sold a similar number of tickets at a certain commensurate time as a previous game where under 10K were in actual attendance then it is perfectly reasonable to say the planned attendance is under 10K. If there are a thousand more turn up that would mean we were over the planned attendance. They would still get in for that game but we would have to take that into account for the next game so the planned attendance may go above 10K and passports and their associated costs to the club would have to be put in place.

You seem to think 11.5k ST sold means we are already over 10K in the ground. It doesn't and while I may be wrong in how many have actually been inside ER for games so far the idea I am describing is surely not difficult to understand. Aberdeen had a figure of 13K v St Johnstone and 14.4K v Ross County for attendance, similar to our figures for games. They obviously think they can demonstrate under 10K actually turned up.

You are saying my idea is daft despite having no idea how many have actually been in ER for games this season. I get what you are saying but my argument revolves around the poor wording of the rules, a reasonable interpretation and that you can't catch covid from an empty seat nor can you vaccinate it. .

wookie70
07-10-2021, 03:05 PM
Do you know for sure that more than 15% of all ST holders are not going to turn up? If so, how?

My eyes tell me there are under 10K at ER and Aberdeen with similar published attendances to us seem to think their ground will have less than 10K in seats. If we have had more than 10K bums in seats for league games then my view is a non starter but I would hope the club would look into it. The data will be there so will be easy to do.

They could of course rely on your view from faraway lands and how many tickets we have sold which has a bearing on planned attendance but only that. And again this isn't about who will turn up but who you plan will turn up. They aren't the same thing and a bigger than planned attendance would obviously change future planning. For instance Vaccine Passports will almost certainly negatively affect attendances. I am also not suggesting this approach for Cat A games as we would clearly have more than 10K in attendance.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 03:06 PM
It is about planned attendance. If we can demonstrate that we have sold a similar number of tickets at a certain commensurate time as a previous game where under 10K were in actual attendance then it is perfectly reasonable to say the planned attendance is under 10K. If there are a thousand more turn up that would mean we were over the planned attendance. They would still get in for that game but we would have to take that into account for the next game so the planned attendance may go above 10K and passports and their associated costs to the club would have to be put in place.

You seem to think 11.5k ST sold means we are already over 10K in the ground. It doesn't and while I may be wrong in how many have actually been inside ER for games so far the idea I am describing is surely not difficult to understand. Aberdeen had a figure of 13K v St Johnstone and 14.4K v Ross County for attendance, similar to our figures for games. They obviously think they can demonstrate under 10K actually turned up.

You are saying my idea is daft despite having no idea how many have actually been in ER for games this season. I get what you are saying but my argument revolves around the poor wording of the rules, a reasonable interpretation and that you can't catch covid from an empty seat nor can you vaccinate it. .

Aberdeen have a starting point of less than 8k ST holders and they've said we're getting 800 tickets. That still gives them a buffer of 400 + no-show ST holders for walk-ups.

Having followed all the matches on Hibs TV, watched the pitch side highlights and seen Alan Rennie's excellent photographs, I think we're easily at 10k on the ground.

Just compare the number of people in the ground for St Mirren & St Johnstone to the 5,500-6,000 againts Ross County & Killie.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 03:07 PM
My eyes tell me there are under 10K at ER and Aberdeen with similar published attendances to us seem to think their ground will have less than 10K in seats. If we have had more than 10K bums in seats for league games then my view is a non starter but I would hope the club would look into it. The data will be there so will be easy to do.

They could of course rely on your view from faraway lands and how many tickets we have sold which has a bearing on planned attendance but only that. And again this isn't about who will turn up but who you plan will turn up. They aren't the same thing and a bigger than planned attendance would obviously change future planning. For instance Vaccine Passports will almost certainly negatively affect attendances. I am also not suggesting this approach for Cat A games as we would clearly have more than 10K in attendance.

:rolleyes:

greenlex
07-10-2021, 03:13 PM
You think there has been less than 10k inside Easter road at any unrestricted game this season? Seriously? You are saying the stadium is less than half full. No chance.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 03:25 PM
Aberdeen have a starting point of less than 8k ST holders and they've said we're getting 800 tickets. That still gives them a buffer of 400 + no-show ST holders for walk-ups.

Having followed all the matches on Hibs TV, watched the pitch side highlights and seen Alan Rennie's excellent photographs, I think we're easily at 10k on the ground.

Just compare the number of people in the ground for St Mirren & St Johnstone to the 5,500-6,000 againts Ross County & Killie.

Our last game against St Johnstone(13263-21 Sep) had 200 odd more recorded as attendance than Aberdeen(13007-18 Sep) had for the same fixture this season. Aberdeens game was the Saturday so may well have got more fans actually attending because of that. Does that give us a 200 buffer. Your comparison to games where you have to buy an individual ticket, so were far more likely to attend, doesn't really make much sense to me.

Not sure I can spell it out much clearer - this is about who has attended rather than who has bought tickets. And from that using those figures to plan for similar games. I may be completely wrong and more than 10K are rocking up to ER for league games against the lesser teams. If so no point even exploring the idea but we should certainly be looking at the data and that is what I want the club to do.

Even at Tiny and with a huge red zone the home stands weren't jam packed. Fans for very obvious reasons aren't taking their seats.

Since452
07-10-2021, 03:29 PM
And Aberdeen fans claim they are a bigger club than Hibs lol

wookie70
07-10-2021, 03:30 PM
You think there has been less than 10k inside Easter road at any unrestricted game this season? Seriously? You are saying the stadium is less than half full. No chance.

I do, the club with know for sure. Not many in the Dunbar end so you are looking at around 17K if every seat was full. Red zone, FF bottom half full, wings of stands very empty and lots of spaces everywhere else.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Our last game against St Johnstone(13263-21 Sep) had 200 odd more recorded as attendance than Aberdeen(13007-18 Sep) had for the same fixture this season. Aberdeens game was the Saturday so may well have got more fans actually attending because of that. Does that give us a 200 buffer. Your comparison to games where you have to buy an individual ticket, so were far more likely to attend, doesn't really make much sense to me.

Not sure I can spell it out much clearer - this is about who has attended rather than who has bought tickets. And from that using those figures to plan for similar games. I may be completely wrong and more than 10K are rocking up to ER for league games against the lesser teams. If so no point even exploring the idea but we should certainly be looking at the data and that is what I want the club to do.

Even at Tiny and with a huge red zone the home stands weren't jam packed. Fans for very obvious reasons aren't taking their seats.

This is it. I understand perfectly what you're saying and why it might work for Aberdeen, but I think you're wrong if you think that there are less than 10k at ER.

In addition, even if we estimates that 1.5k+ ST holders aren't turning up, we still couldn't sell any tickets to walk-ups & visiting fans.

And it's not just me in my château that's saying that you're crowd estimates are out - there are people closer to home who agree with me.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 03:51 PM
This is it. I understand perfectly what you're saying and why it might work for Aberdeen, but I think you're wrong if you think that there are less than 10k at ER.

In addition, even if we estimates that 1.5k+ ST holders aren't turning up, we still couldn't sell any tickets to walk-ups & visiting fans.

And it's not just me in my château that's saying that you're crowd estimates are out - there are people closer to home who agree with me.

Not sure if they have been at all the games and where they sit. That will affect your view on attendance. Like me they will be guessing to an extent. They my be right but so might I and the similarity with our stated attendances and Aberdeen's means it is surely worth exploring.

Looking at a photo which looks across the fans is a terrible way to judge how many are there as the seats gets shielded by the bodies. I would say that in a normal season at least 1.5K season ticket holders wouldn't attend but again that really has little bearing on this as the club will know exactly how many are actually in the seats.

My view is we are under 10K others don't agree. Your view on bums on seats is irrelevant imo as you aren't at the games. You are entitled to your opinion of course but my view is you can't possibly have an informed one from your château, on this matter at least.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 03:52 PM
No chance are we getting less than 10k at home matches.

Hibs v St Johnstone Attendance: 13,263.

Hibs v St Mirren Attendance: 13,501.

Aberdeen v St Johnstone Att: 13,007

Aberdeen v Ross County Att: 14,434

greenlex
07-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Not sure if they have been at all the games and where they sit. That will affect your view on attendance. Like me they will be guessing to an extent. They my be right but so might I and the similarity with our stated attendances and Aberdeen's means it is surely worth exploring.

Looking at a photo which looks across the fans is a terrible way to judge how many are there as the seats gets shielded by the bodies. I would say that in a normal season at least 1.5K season ticket holders wouldn't attend but again that really has little bearing on this as the club will know exactly how many are actually in the seats.

My view is we are under 10K others don't agree. Your view on bums on seats is irrelevant imo as you aren't at the games. You are entitled to your opinion of course but my view is you can't possibly have an informed one from your château, on this matter at least.
By your measure there would need to be more than 3000 season ticket holders not rocking up according to official figures. I find that hard to believe.

Zambernardi1875
07-10-2021, 04:02 PM

How many Covid cases and deaths after these games? Because if nobody knows or can say an extra 3000 has a significant bearing on an increased Covid rate then the “science” behind a 10k limit is flawed

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:02 PM

Aberdeen also had more than the 10,000 for Celtic so can we conclude that they are going to restrict crowds by 'only' selling 9,999 tickets in total :wink:

greenlex
07-10-2021, 04:04 PM
How many Covid cases and deaths after these games? Because if nobody knows or can say an extra 3000 has a significant bearing on an increased Covid rate then the “science” behind a 10k limit is flawed
It’s as much to do with risk as it is to do with science. I think it’s flawed as vaccinated people can catch and spread the virus to a degree as well.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:05 PM

It doesn't matter if there was 1 or 1,000. The REGULATIONS state that from 1/10/20 punters attending football matches where the crowd is over 10,000 they must have a covid status passport, and be prepared to show it.

There has to be a cut off number, or perhaps you would have preferred it to apply everywhere, a cafe, restaurant, pub???

I am pointing out the argument AGAINST Aberdeen not doing it!!

wookie70
07-10-2021, 04:06 PM
By your measure there would need to be more than 3000 season ticket holders not rocking up according to official figures. I find that hard to believe.

I don't. If Aberdeen are saying less than 10K are attending their games that must mean a big number of their St holders aren't attending given the very similar tickets sold figures and their lower number of ST holders.

Zambernardi1875
07-10-2021, 04:09 PM
It doesn't matter if there was 1 or 1,000. The REGULATIONS state that from 1/10/20 punters attending football matches where the crowd is over 10,000 they must have a covid status passport, and be prepared to show it.

There has to be a cut off number, or perhaps you would have preferred it to apply everywhere, a cafe, restaurant, pub???

So you don’t know. 😂 fire on with those regulations then. Rules are ruled

wookie70
07-10-2021, 04:18 PM

It is 1/10/21 but that is not important. The rules don't state what you say.

It is about planned attendance not actual. One would obviously inform the other but Hibs, I suspect will already inform the Police etc of tickets sold and expected attendance. Those two figures will not be the same. I would expect us to not know the exact attendance but to have a very good idea of the likely attendance based of previous fixtures in seasons gone by between clubs and the numbers turning up to games this year. Aberdeen will save a good few quid doing this and we should do if the numbers support it.

here is the guidance

"Whether vaccine certification is required or not depends on the number of planned attendees and not the capacity of the venue. Venues with a larger total capacity may choose to limit attendance to below the threshold required for certification. If the exact attendance is not known, the requirements apply if it is foreseeable that the planned attendance will be above the specified criteria."

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:28 PM
I don't. If Aberdeen are saying less than 10K are attending their games that must mean a big number of their St holders aren't attending given the very similar tickets sold figures and their lower number of ST holders.

What would they do IF every season ticket holder turned up along with 5,000 walk ups?? AND I posted the OFFICIAL attendances from the AFC website and they are regulalry above 13,000

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:30 PM
It is 1/10/21 but that is not important. The rules don't state what you say.

It is about planned attendance not actual. One would obviously inform the other but Hibs, I suspect will already inform the Police etc of tickets sold and expected attendance. Those two figures will not be the same. I would expect us to not know the exact attendance but to have a very good idea of the likely attendance based of previous fixtures in seasons gone by between clubs and the numbers turning up to games this year. Aberdeen will save a good few quid doing this and we should do if the numbers support it.

here is the guidance

"Whether vaccine certification is required or not depends on the number of planned attendees and not the capacity of the venue. Venues with a larger total capacity may choose to limit attendance to below the threshold required for certification. If the exact attendance is not known, the requirements apply if it is foreseeable that the planned attendance will be above the specified criteria."

I KNOW I DID READ IT.

What I'm saying is Aberdeen must have decided to LIMIT their capacity and stop selling after the total tickets sold (including Season Tickets) reaches 9,999

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 04:31 PM

Think it’s safe to say far more than 1.5k season tickets holders aren’t showing up just now.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Think it’s safe to say far more than 1.5k season tickets holders aren’t showing up just now.

These are official attendances as reported by the clubs!

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 04:34 PM

Why doesn’t it apply to those places? If it was based on science it would. Facts are it’s based on trying to push as many youngsters to get the vaccine and nothing to do with risk at the events - otherwise 10k would be a seriously high cut off point when it would only affect 5 stadiums in the country.

Youngsters are affected by nightclubs and football more than any other demographic.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Why doesn’t it apply to those places? If it was based on science it would. Facts are it’s based on trying to push as many youngsters to get the vaccine and nothing to do with risk at the events - otherwise 10k would be a seriously high cut off point when it would only affect 5 stadiums in the country.

Youngsters are affected by nightclubs and football more than any other demographic.

:yawn:

Ther are actually 15 grounds with capacity above 10,000. It's possible they could all be affected in the cup if they get a tie involving the old firm?

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 04:37 PM
:yawn:

You can yawn away, Sturgeon said so herself in Parliament when pushing it through.

Keith_M
07-10-2021, 04:47 PM
According to their statement we are getting allocated 800 tickets for the game so I’d imagine that will sell out.

Why so low?

They have 10k empty seats every week.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Why so low?

They have 10k empty seats every week.

You need to have a keek at the rest of the thread 😉

Since452
07-10-2021, 04:55 PM

Aberdeen gave away free kids tickets for the Ross County match. Also had tickets in the shed behind the goal on sale for 18 quid

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Aberdeen gave away free kids tickets for the Ross County match. Also had tickets in the shed behind the goal on sale for 18 quid

I'm sure one of our games was also a Hibs kids game!

Beside the point, Aberdeen will have to limit numbers, and it already looks like it's hibs fans who will miss out because Aberdeen are stingy *******s

1van Sprou7e
07-10-2021, 05:18 PM
Anyone know when tickets might go on sale for this?

B.H.F.C
07-10-2021, 05:23 PM
These are official attendances as reported by the clubs!

Tickets sold. Was nowhere near that at the St Johnstone game.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Anyone know when tickets might go on sale for this?

I’d expect sometime next week, we’ve been given 3 blocks which hold around 2,000 or so, but how many tickets we get is upto debate

B.H.F.C
07-10-2021, 05:28 PM
I’d expect sometime next week, we’ve been given 3 blocks which hold around 2,000 or so, but how many tickets we get is upto debate

Aberdeen statement says 800.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2021, 05:31 PM
Aberdeen statement says 800.

Sorry didn’t see that, going to be a scramble for tickets
They are turning down big revenue with this policy

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 05:44 PM

Aye, but look at the savings, less G4S guys on minimum wage 🙄

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 05:51 PM
You can yawn away, Sturgeon said so herself in Parliament when pushing it through.

So is it still only 5 stadia that's affected?

hibbyfraelibby
07-10-2021, 06:19 PM

They are limiting sales so they wont exceed the limit. For all those who think Aberdeen are our rivals for 3rd biggest club in Scotland this shouts their STs are c8k or abou 2/3rds of ours.

hibbyfraelibby
07-10-2021, 06:22 PM
While this is probably OK, it is very risky if more than 10k turn up and they havent carried out checks
Like most clubs you cant pay at the gate so once you've sold 9,999 ticket you stop and avoid the checks.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 07:52 PM
They are limiting sales so they wont exceed the limit. For all those who think Aberdeen are our rivals for 3rd biggest club in Scotland this shouts their STs are c8k or about 2/3rds of ours.

That isn't exactly the way I read it (https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/club-expects-forthcoming-home-crowds-to-remain-under-10000-threshold-with-supporters-not-subject-to-the-proof-of-vaccine-scheme/). They are expecting there to be crowds less than that and to make sure they are limiting away fans but not home fans. They are only expecting 65% of ST holders to attend. I suspect we will be similar in terms of the ST holder percentage and add in walk ups and small away supports like St J and Livi etc and you get to around 10K. I expect Hibs would take 1500 up to Aberdeen so that is a fair wedge to give up but they must have done the sums and feel it is worth it. It also means their fans who are not double vaxxed can attend

It isn't all about money either. The timetable and appalling roll out means they are making sure they have time to comply with the law. The law is pointless imo but that is a different discussion

JimBHibees
07-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Absolutely bizarre they are turned down good money from Hibs fans were they not moaning they were skint last season. Cormack seems a bit of a clown to be fair.

JimBHibees
07-10-2021, 08:02 PM

Yep makes no sense at all absolutely ridiculous

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 08:14 PM
That isn't exactly the way I read it (https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/club-expects-forthcoming-home-crowds-to-remain-under-10000-threshold-with-supporters-not-subject-to-the-proof-of-vaccine-scheme/). They are expecting there to be crowds less than that and to make sure they are limiting away fans but not home fans. They are only expecting 65% of ST holders to attend. I suspect we will be similar in terms of the ST holder percentage and add in walk ups and small away supports like St J and Livi etc and you get to around 10K. I expect Hibs would take 1500 up to Aberdeen so that is a fair wedge to give up but they must have done the sums and feel it is worth it. It also means their fans who are not double vaxxed can attend

It isn't all about money either. The timetable and appalling roll out means they are making sure they have time to comply with the law. The law is pointless imo but that is a different discussionThe world loves a trier, but it's not going to happen at ER.

Pretty Boy
07-10-2021, 08:34 PM
I was at an event at the weekend with 40K people. Everyone had to show a negative test when registering. There were then further spot checks the next day.

It was a bit of a queue but that was largely due to other issues and a prolonged process for the rest of the stuff needing done. Showing the test result took all of 3 seconds and that part went without a hitch.

I think some groups are making a bigger deal of the logistics of this than what the reality will be. Every change to covid guidelines has been met with howls of protest and people seeking to circumvent the rules. Then we all just get used to it and get on with it.

I would argue if Aberdeen believe they will have less than 10K v us then that's as good a time as any to try their procedures for when Rangers are in town. A powderkeg fixture, guaranteed over 10K and one they need to be ready for.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 08:44 PM
I was at an event at the weekend with 40K people. Everyone had to show a negative test when registering. There were then further spot checks the next day.

It was a bit of a queue but that was largely due to other issues and a prolonged process for the rest of the stuff needing done. Showing the test result took all of 3 seconds and that part went without a hitch.

I think some groups are making a bigger deal of the logistics of this than what the reality will be. Every change to covid guidelines has been met with howls of protest and people seeking to circumvent the rules. Then we all just get used to it and get on with it.

I would argue if Aberdeen believe they will have less than 10K v us then that's as good a time as any to try their procedures for when Rangers are in town. A powderkeg fixture, guaranteed over 10K and one they need to be ready for.I've been saying this for the past couple of months. The Covid pass has been in place here since July and I've used mine loads of times for different things - restaurants, concerts & festivals. I've yet to be inconvenienced in any way by it.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 08:44 PM
I would argue if Aberdeen believe they will have less than 10K v us then that's as good a time as any to try their procedures for when Rangers are in town. A powderkeg fixture, guaranteed over 10K and one they need to be ready for.

I would agree they could go for a practice run and they may well do that perhaps in a more limited way. I'm sure they were set to do a dry run before the app roll out was such a mess. They mentioned they are concerned about their ability to remain lawful given the timetable imposed by government so this isn't all about money and perhaps their decision to limit away fans is to avoid the risk of prosecution for failure to comply .

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2021, 09:08 PM
I would agree they could go for a practice run and they may well do that perhaps in a more limited way. I'm sure they were set to do a dry run before the app roll out was such a mess. They mentioned they are concerned about their ability to remain lawful given the timetable imposed by government so this isn't all about money and perhaps their decision to limit away fans is to avoid the risk of prosecution for failure to comply .

Ah yes the mythical tight timescale! The one that comes into effect in 11 days time!

tamig
07-10-2021, 09:26 PM

Where are you getting this from? I was away with my mate for the best part of a week. He tested positive on our return. I was negative. I also know of four couples where only one partner in each couple has tested positive. All double vaccinated. If that doesn’t prove the vaccines reduce the likelihood of transmission, I’m not sure what does.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Ah yes the mythical tight timescale! The one that comes into effect in 11 days time!

That is the main reason Aberdeen are doing this looking at their statement. It isn't mythical to them. Training a good number of Stewards on a new piece of equipment and protocols, ways to deal with potential challenges etc when most will work part time and are difficult to get in the one place at the one time. Sounds a tricky thing to do if you ask me.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 09:30 PM
That is the main reason Aberdeen are doing this looking at their statement. It isn't mythical to them. Training a good number of Stewards on a new piece of equipment and protocols, ways to deal with potential challenges etc when most will work part time and are difficult to get in the one place at the one time. Sounds a tricky thing to do if you ask me.

You're definitely over estimating the complexity of what's involved.

If you can use a smart phone you can scan a vaccine pass. Downloading the app will take longer than the training.

tamig
07-10-2021, 09:42 PM

I downloaded the scanning app by mistake last night. There’s not much training required to use it I can assure you. I’m sure it will already be part of basic training as to how to deal with potential challenges/challenging situations.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 09:43 PM
You're definitely over estimating the complexity of what's involved.

If you can use a smart phone you can scan a vaccine pass. Downloading the app will take longer than the training.

You should see if a consultants position is open at Aberdeen. They clearly don't think it is that simple. It isn't just about the app, it will also be about learning protocols and dealing with fans who are not happy probably rehearsing scenarios etc. You could save them a fortune by just telling then to just fire a phone at the stewards and bash on.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 09:46 PM
You should see if a consultants position is open at Aberdeen. They clearly don't think it is that simple. It isn't just about the app, it will also be about learning protocols and dealing with fans who are not happy probably rehearsing scenarios etc. You could save them a fortune by just telling then to just fire a phone at the stewards and bash on.What's with the sarcastic crap?

Stewards should already know how to steward (which is what you're describing). Using the app's a doddle.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 09:46 PM
I downloaded the scanning app by mistake last night. There’s not much training required to use it I can assure you. I’m sure it will already be part of basic training as to how to deal with potential challenges/challenging situations.

Any idea what is called and I'll try and scan my paper passport.

tamig
07-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Any idea what is called and I'll try and scan my paper passport.

NHS Scotland Covid Check.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 09:59 PM
NHS Scotland Covid Check.

Cheers, hope the Stewards don't have P30 phones as that app didn't work with my paper passport. The phone refuses to focus on the small 2d barcode and the app does nothing. No issue focusing when just using the camera. At least I'm prepared for the paper passport potentially not working.

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 10:04 PM
So is it still only 5 stadia that's affected?

5 domestic - or 60k CP, 50k Ibrox, 18k tynecastle, 13k ER and if done properly 13k Pittodrie. That’s over 150k out of a total of maybe 180k fans that attend football?

It won’t affect domestic rugby, or any other sport for that matter. It doesn’t affect the auld boys that go down the boozer. It affects football fans and nightclub goers - which is mostly the young. That’s undeniable.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 10:17 PM
Cheers, hope the Stewards don't have P30 phones as that app didn't work with my paper passport. The phone refuses to focus on the small 2d barcode and the app does nothing. No issue focusing when just using the camera. At least I'm prepared for the paper passport potentially not working.

Just realised my Covid Passport sent by NHS Scotland after the announcement of the passports doesn't have the two 2d Codes at the bottom. I ordered it before there was a download option and until now assumed they would be the same.

I downloaded a PDF and that did work with the app and was easy to use. I will have to give a perfect stranger my full name, date of birth, what vaccine I had and when which seems wholly unnecessary to me. A tick would surely be all that is required.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 10:26 PM
Just realised my Covid Passport sent by NHS Scotland after the announcement of the passports doesn't have the two 2d Codes at the bottom. I ordered it before there was a download option and until now assumed they would be the same.

I downloaded a PDF and that did work with the app and was easy to use. I will have to give a perfect stranger my full name, date of birth, what vaccine I had and when which seems wholly unnecessary to me. A tick would surely be all that is required.Your name and date of birth is simply to show that the pass could possibly be your's and not, for example, your granny's. There's more info on a ST card.

The type and date of vaccination is hardly sensitive information so I don't see the problem.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 10:29 PM
What's with the sarcastic crap?

Stewards should already know how to steward (which is what you're describing). Using the app's a doddle.

Aberdeen are saying this. I am merely trying to understand the difficulties they are telling us about. You seem to think implementation is a piece of pee so maybe you know better than them. I'm inclined to believe Aberdeen who appear to be potentially cutting some of their income due to these difficulties.

I've tried the app, it is easy as long as the thing you are scanning is the correct piece of paper/app. In my case it wasn't so just as well I checked. Hopefully, fans don't turn up with Passport letters that they ordered from NHS Scotland just after the passport scheme was announced as they don't have the 2d codes, or at least my one didn't.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 10:45 PM
Your name and date of birth is simply to show that the pass could possibly be your's and not, for example, your granny's. There's more info on a ST card.

The type and date of vaccination is hardly sensitive information so I don't see the problem.

Not even close. It has my initial and surname and the fact I am an adult. The rest pertains to my seat. No idea what the qrcode contains of course and if that info can be seen by a steward.

My personal medical information is sensitive as far as I am concerned. Particularly when there is no need for it to be shared. I wonder what level of detail it has for those exempt. I wouldn't have an issue if it said my age and confirmed I was fully vaccinated but there is simply no need for the level of information shown.

As to the granny part it doesn't show gender so that might be an issue with over zealous stewards challenging those with names that aren't obviously male or female or those who have chosen a different gender/indentity but are under their birthname on the NHS. Again easily solved by just having a simple confirmation rather than all the detail. The average young person will easily get hold of a passport from a mate anyways and I can remember being very good at reciting incorrect dates of birth outside pubs in my youth. No real advantage having that information.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 10:45 PM
Aberdeen are saying this. I am merely trying to understand the difficulties they are telling us about. You seem to think implementation is a piece of pee so maybe you know better than them. I'm inclined to believe Aberdeen who appear to be potentially cutting some of their income due to these difficulties.

I've tried the app, it is easy as long as the thing you are scanning is the correct piece of paper/app. In my case it wasn't so just as well I checked. Hopefully, fans don't turn up with Passport letters that they ordered from NHS Scotland just after the passport scheme was announced as they don't have the 2d codes, or at least my one didn't.As I've said before, the Covid passport has been in place here since July.

I used it to go to a restaurant the day after it came into force - absolutely no problem.

I used it loads of times over a weekend at the Lorient festival - absolutely no problem and there were thousands of people around. At one point there was a gate where the steward couldn't scan (battery?) - he just looked at the passes instead. Maybe not ideal but a sensible short term solution.

One of my business partners is the president of the Bobital Festival which they held in a reduced format over a couple of weekends. There were still thousands of entries but there was no problem or hold ups caused by the pass system.

On Saturday night I was at a concert organised by another local festival. My 82 year old father-in-law is a long standing organiser/volunteer and he's useless with technology. He was one of 2 people scanning passes on the door - no problem.

Apart from all that I've been to the swimming pool with my kids, a theme park and numerous restaurants. I've yet to have or witness any problems with the passes.

Honestly, you're looking for problems that aren't there.

wookie70
07-10-2021, 10:52 PM
As I've said before, the Covid passport has been in place here since July.

I used it to go to a restaurant the day after it came into force - absolutely no problem.

I used it loads of times over a weekend at the Lorient festival - absolutely no problem and there were thousands of people around. At one point there was a gate where the steward couldn't scan (battery?) - he just looked at the passes instead. Maybe not ideal but a sensible short term solution.

One of my business partners is the president of the Bobital Festival which they held in a reduced format over a couple of weekends. There were still thousands of entries but there was no problem or hold ups caused by the pass system.

On Saturday night I was at a concert organised by another local festival. My 82 year old father-in-law is a long standing organiser/volunteer and he's useless with technology. He was one of 2 people scanning passes on the door - no problem.

Apart from all that I've been to the swimming pool with my kids, a theme park and numerous restaurants. I've yet to have or witness any problems with the passes.

Honestly, you're looking for problems that aren't there.

Different culture, different events etc. Was the French system specifically targeting young people. They are where I foresee some issues. Not sure how irate the average French person gets when denied entry to a place they paid to visit.

I hope you are right but this is Scotland and we fairly frequently have issues with decent numbers of fans not being able to get in with valid season tickets and again this thread is about a major football club of similar status to Hibs saying very clearly they think they will struggle to comply.

Peevemor
07-10-2021, 10:59 PM
Different culture, different events etc. Was the French system specifically targeting young people. They are where I foresee some issues. Not sure how irate the average French person gets when denied entry to a place they paid to visit.

I hope you are right but this is Scotland and we fairly frequently have issues with decent numbers of fans not being able to get in with valid season tickets and again this thread is about a major football club of similar status to Hibs saying very clearly they think they will struggle to comply.In France you need the pass to do almost anything - bars, restaurants (even when sitting outside), cinemas, concerts, gyms, sporting events, inter city busses & trains - the lot. So everyone is targeted.

When I went to my workmates festival, half of our tickets (sponsors/VIP thankyouverymuch) didn't scan and they had to call someone to let us in. There was no such problem with our covid passes.

Moulin Yarns
08-10-2021, 07:49 AM

It's a QR code reader!! You probably have one on your phone!

Moulin Yarns
08-10-2021, 07:54 AM
5 domestic - or 60k CP, 50k Ibrox, 18k tynecastle, 13k ER and if done properly 13k Pittodrie. That’s over 150k out of a total of maybe 180k fans that attend football?

It won’t affect domestic rugby, or any other sport for that matter. It doesn’t affect the auld boys that go down the boozer. It affects football fans and nightclub goers - which is mostly the young. That’s undeniable.

There are 15 stadia above 10,000 capacity in the spfl alone, not counting rugby.

Sir David Gray
08-10-2021, 08:23 AM
There are 15 stadia above 10,000 capacity in the spfl alone, not counting rugby.

If it's going to be done based on predicted attendances, as demonstrated by Aberdeen, surely it doesn't affect the likes of Morton and Dunfermline since their predicted attendance will be well below 10,000?

Moulin Yarns
08-10-2021, 08:28 AM
If it's going to be done based on predicted attendances, as demonstrated by Aberdeen, surely it doesn't affect the likes of Morton and Dunfermline since their predicted attendance will be well below 10,000?

Under normal circumstances, yes, but what if they are drawn in the cup against certain clubs? :wink:

Sir David Gray
08-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Under normal circumstances, yes, but what if they are drawn in the cup against certain clubs? :wink:

According to Soccerbase the last time Dunfermline managed to get a crowd of over 10,000 at East End Park against Rangers was 20 years ago.

I doubt if Morton would be a problem either.

jacomo
08-10-2021, 08:52 PM

Risky in terms of breaching the rules.

In terms of Covid risk, 10k is an arbitrary number.

hibbysam
08-10-2021, 10:13 PM

Your doing a great job in complementing my point. If those other stadia were to be affected, it would increase an already great % of football attendees requiring vax passports (majority young>middle age) - while completely ignoring more dangerous places such as cinema, pubs, restaurants etc

It’s a drive to get young people vaccinated (for whatever reason) and not to keep the rest of those attending safe.

Eyrie
09-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Your doing a great job in complementing my point. If those other stadia were to be affected, it would increase an already great % of football attendees requiring vax passports (majority young>middle age) - while completely ignoring more dangerous places such as cinema, pubs, restaurants etc

It’s a drive to get young people vaccinated (for whatever reason) and not to keep the rest of those attending safe.

The more people that get vaccinated, the safer everyone is.

1van Sprou7e
12-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Tickets going on sale tomorrow for this

Question though, do Aberdeen not do student tickets?? Seems ridiculous for such a big student town

Or maybe its just not available for away fans?

ABZHFC
12-10-2021, 11:25 AM

Question though, do Aberdeen not do student tickets?? Seems ridiculous for such a big student town

They don’t sadly, always been 18-21 as far as I can remember. They used to get students along by offering £1 tickets for midweek games

Ringothedog
12-10-2021, 02:35 PM

ABERDEEN

Payments will be taken on Monday 11th at 11am for this game and tickets will be posted or available for collection on Wednesday 13th October.

Prices are: Adult £29
Over 65 £22
Over 75 £18
18-21 yrs £18
13-17 yrs £14
Under 12 £7

Billy Whizz
12-10-2021, 04:26 PM
Going to be a scramble for these, if we’re only getting 800 or so

hibbysam
12-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Going to be a scramble for these, if we’re only getting 800 or so

Aberdeen is a decent away day but will it be that much of a scramble? Unable to make it myself due to attending Preston Auchinleck in the Scottish, and know a few others in the same boat. Also only a week or so to sell them in the middle of the month.

Iggy Pope
12-10-2021, 04:59 PM
Are Hibs handling these tickets or is it Aberdeen? Pardon my ignorance.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Are Hibs handling these tickets or is it Aberdeen? Pardon my ignorance.

Hibs ticket site tomorrow

Iggy Pope
12-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Hibs ticket site tomorrow

Thank you William.

Iggy Pope
12-10-2021, 05:06 PM
PS
Don’t see any announcement, is it 10am?

Billy Whizz
12-10-2021, 05:07 PM
PS
Don’t see any announcement, is it 10am?

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/away-tickets-aberdeen-vs-hibs

Yeah

Iggy Pope
12-10-2021, 05:09 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/away-tickets-aberdeen-vs-hibs

Yeah

Couldn’t find that on the site, thank you again.

Keith_M
13-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Couldn’t find that on the site, thank you again.

That's what he's there for...

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 07:37 AM
That's what he's there for...

I’m here all week…..

Radium
13-10-2021, 09:10 AM
2 bought, really easy

Mikey_1875
13-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Managed to get in and buy a ticket without any problems. There wasn’t a queue pre 10am either so demand might not be too high.

BS44
13-10-2021, 09:15 AM
Thank you William.

It was really nothing.

DarrenSQH
13-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Got 4 no problem.

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 11:54 AM
It was really nothing.

The last time that one was in a punfest Hibbyradge took exception as he’d never heard of it 😁

CMurdoch
13-10-2021, 12:16 PM
The last time that one was in a punfest Hibbyradge took exception as he’d never heard of it 😁

Heaven knows he's miserable now

Ardenttwo
13-10-2021, 02:15 PM
Managed to get in and buy a ticket without any problems. There wasn’t a queue pre 10am either so demand might not be too high.

I got in but too late all gone. Just wondering if we will get a second batch

Stokesy's on fire
13-10-2021, 02:19 PM

surely we will get more

Sir David Gray
13-10-2021, 02:33 PM
surely we will get more

We're only getting 800 I think, not sure how many we got today.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 04:29 PM
We're only getting 800 I think, not sure how many we got today.

Probably just the balance after the away season ticket holders got theirs

erin go bragh
13-10-2021, 04:34 PM

Here’s hoping as I promised the wee fella a trip up and just noticed the now it’s sold out .

Kojock
13-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Here’s hoping as I promised the wee fella a trip up and just noticed the now it’s sold out .

I have a child’s concession ticket you can have if you’re able to get a ticket for yourself.

Keith_M
13-10-2021, 04:54 PM

I mentioned previously that I thought 800 was too little.

That'll teach people not to disagree with me

:na na:

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 05:02 PM
I mentioned previously that I thought 800 was too little.

That'll teach people not to disagree with me

:na na:

I said that too and got shot down. Don’t think we’ll be getting anymore, so Aberdeen can keep the crowd under 10,000

Keith_M
13-10-2021, 05:06 PM
I said that too and got shot down. Don’t think we’ll be getting anymore, so Aberdeen can keep the crowd under 10,000

Is a bit stupid when you think of it, Billy. Turning down a potentially decent amount of ticket money just to get round the ruling on checking Covid Vaccinations.

It's a real shame because I genuinely think we would have taken quite a decent size of support this time, given our good start to the season

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Heaven knows he's miserable now

Hit by a 10 ton truck

Keith_M
13-10-2021, 05:08 PM
Hit by a 10 ton truck

Are you lot still at it

:greengrin

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Probably just the balance after the away season ticket holders got theirs

I was in pretty quick and couldn’t get three together got 2+1 so demand must’ve been there right enough.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 05:12 PM
I was in pretty quick and couldn’t get three together got 2+1 so demand must’ve been there right enough.

Good for you. There will be plenty of space to potentially sit together, as 800 tickets are in a space that holds 2000

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 05:12 PM
Is a bit stupid when you think of it, Billy. Turning down a potentially decent amount of ticket money just to get round the ruling on checking Covid Vaccinations.

It's a real shame because I genuinely think we would have taken quite a decent size of support this time, given our good start to the season

I agree absolutely stupid

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 05:14 PM
Good for you. There will be plenty of space to potentially sit together, as 800 tickets are in a space that holds 2000

I was thinking that.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 05:25 PM
Are Aberdeen doing PPV, for fans that can’t get tickets?

Mikey_1875
13-10-2021, 05:31 PM

It’s pathetic from them. They have Rangers at home in December so I doubt very much that the passports are going to be scrapped by then. They surely won’t limit that to 9700 so assuming passports will be required then I don’t see much benefit in knocking back money for other games. Makes their stance a bit pointless imo.

I was surprised that there wasn’t an online queue earlier with so few available. The only way I can see us getting extra would be if Aberdeens sales out with STs are non existent and they give us a bit more but it seems unlikely.

hibbyfraelibby
13-10-2021, 05:44 PM
surely we will get more

No...they restricted the allocation to stay u der 10k crowd. Muppets.

Cod Boy
13-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Same with the Rangers situation Hibs should give Aberdeen 800 tickets in December

Peevemor
13-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Same with the Rangers situation Hibs should give Aberdeen 800 tickets in DecemberAnd do ourselves out of £20k+.

Great idea!

Cod Boy
13-10-2021, 06:43 PM
And do ourselves out of £20k+.

Great idea!

Opinions eh

Peevemor
13-10-2021, 06:45 PM
Opinions ehNot an opinion, it's a fact.

davhibby
13-10-2021, 06:46 PM
And do ourselves out of £20k+.

Great idea!

Yes. We should be standing up for our support being shafted again. Bet they won’t do it to either of the old firm next time they’re at Pittodrie

Cod Boy
13-10-2021, 06:47 PM
Not an opinion, it's a fact.

Oh sorry

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 06:49 PM
Is there a chance Aberdeen have an ageing fan base, hence their reason for limiting attendances

Peevemor
13-10-2021, 06:53 PM
Yes. We should be standing up for our support being shafted again. Bet they won’t do it to either of the old firm next time they’re at PittodrieThey definitely won't, as their own support will take the crowd above the 10k limit, meaning they have no reason to restrict the attendance.

Stokesy's on fire
13-10-2021, 06:58 PM
It’s pathetic from them. They have Rangers at home in December so I doubt very much that the passports are going to be scrapped by then. They surely won’t limit that to 9700 so assuming passports will be required then I don’t see much benefit in knocking back money for other games. Makes their stance a bit pointless imo.

I was surprised that there wasn’t an online queue earlier with so few available. The only way I can see us getting extra would be if Aberdeens sales out with STs are non existent and they give us a bit more but it seems unlikely.

Aberdeen arent the ones at fault its the terrible leadership of Scots goverment to blame for this.

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 06:59 PM
**** me here we go again.

Hermit Crab
13-10-2021, 06:59 PM
Are Aberdeen doing PPV, for fans that can’t get tickets?

Apparently not.

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 07:01 PM
Is there a chance Aberdeen have an ageing fan base, hence their reason for limiting attendances

A prominent poster on here went public on social media not long ago suggesting Hibs poor ST sales were down to reasons around our “ageing fan base” :greengrin

Mikey_1875
13-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Aberdeen arent the ones at fault its the terrible leadership of Scots goverment to blame for this.

Regardless of the political view on it unless they are planning on limiting Rangers attendance to 9700 in December then I can’t see much logic in their decision.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2021, 07:04 PM
A prominent poster on here went public on social media not long ago suggesting Hibs poor ST sales were down to reasons around our “ageing fan base” :greengrin

You can’t tease me without naming her/him

Iggy Pope
13-10-2021, 07:09 PM
You can’t tease me without naming her/him

That has got me into plenty bother before and the man in question that time hasn’t spoken to me in 17 years (no great loss mind the huffy ****) so I’ll pass on that one thanks.
This fellah appears to use his proper given name though, I’ll say no more and absolutely no more than that :greengrin

supershotmo
13-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Has anyone got any spares. I'm looking for 1 adult and child.

Stokesy's on fire
13-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Regardless of the political view on it unless they are planning on limiting Rangers attendance to 9700 in December then I can’t see much logic in their decision.

The only reason they would give Rangers a larger allocation would be for financial gain but if its income they are basing their decisions on then limiting hibs fans attendance would make no sense. They have made their feelings on the passports very clear.

Hibernianinc
13-10-2021, 10:19 PM

🤣

Aye, and Sturgeon picks the team too.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hulk1875
13-10-2021, 10:48 PM

I’d say we have a great younger fan base. My wee laddie just turned 7 is absolutely obsessed with hibs and football before lockdown I had to feed him with lollipops. Took my wee girl who’s 4 to her first game against st Johnstone other week.. plenty young fans I see around Easter road

1van Sprou7e
13-10-2021, 11:16 PM
Interesting point I just saw, if they're wanting to limit the crowd to under 10k then why give us any tickets at all?

Hulk1875
13-10-2021, 11:19 PM
Interesting point I just saw, if they're wanting to limit the crowd to under 10k then why give us any tickets at all?

Yeah very strange to be coming out saying they won’t Be asking for vaccine passports in advance, is this the clubs way saying they’re against it

wookie70
13-10-2021, 11:35 PM
Yeah very strange to be coming out saying they won’t Be asking for vaccine passports in advance, is this the clubs way saying they’re against it

No it is their way of complying with the law.

Hulk1875
13-10-2021, 11:38 PM
No it is their way of complying with the law.

What if there is over the said amount of fans?

CMurdoch
14-10-2021, 12:35 AM
Hit by a 10 ton truck

Cemetry Gates?

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2021, 07:35 AM

There won't be. They have said that they expect 9,700, and so they will not be selling more tickets. I think that it's a strange strategy when fans now want to get back to the football.

hibbyfraelibby
14-10-2021, 07:56 AM

They only have c8k season tickets? They have given us 800 leaving them with c1k to cover demand from their own, currently pi$$ poor walkups who are staying away in droves due to their leam be at level 7 in the excremental scale.

No cash at the gates no problem, crowd cannot exceed the limit which if wasnt going to do anyway.

Antifa Hibs
14-10-2021, 08:52 AM

There will be 15000+ for a visit of the huns.

There wasn't going to be anything near 15,000 for a Hibs game.

flash
14-10-2021, 08:54 AM
They are deliberately turning people away so they don't have to implement the new measures.
Personally I think it's outrageous behaviour.

14-10-2021, 08:58 AM
Question. Can Hibs fans potentially buy tickets in the home end as walk ups for the Aberdeen game? If so this makes a mockery of how Aberdeen are ticketing this game. Hibs could easily take more than 800 up there. Probably 2k just now.

Stokesy's on fire
14-10-2021, 08:59 AM
They are deliberately turning people away so they don't have to implement the new measures.
Personally I think it's outrageous behaviour.

these measures forced on the public are a joke stunned that Aberdeen are being made out to be the bad guys here

Peevemor
14-10-2021, 09:00 AM
these measures forced on the public are a joke stunned that Aberdeen are being made out to be the bad guys here

The measures are working fine elsewhere. The joke's on those who refuse to consider that they might work.

davhibby
14-10-2021, 09:29 AM
Question. Can Hibs fans potentially buy tickets in the home end as walk ups for the Aberdeen game? If so this makes a mockery of how Aberdeen are ticketing this game. Hibs could easily take more than 800 up there. Probably 2k just now.

We’ve taken more than 800 up every game since we got promoted. That includes a Friday night and a Saturday lunchtime. We’d have easily taken double that this month

Stokesy's on fire
14-10-2021, 09:50 AM
We’ve taken more than 800 up every game since we got promoted. That includes a Friday night and a Saturday lunchtime. We’d have easily taken double that this month

We sold out when Maclaren missed that pen what an amazing crowd we had up that day.

Billy Whizz
14-10-2021, 09:56 AM
We sold out when Maclaren missed that pen what an amazing crowd we had up that day.

One of the few Saturday 3pm ko’s at Aberdeen we’ve had over the years

Peevemor
14-10-2021, 09:57 AM

It's not just about us. Aberdeen are also restricting their home support by limiting the total crowd to under 10k.

JimBHibees
14-10-2021, 10:18 AM

They are the bad guys. People can get the info required very easily.

Hermit Crab
14-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Try and buy home end tickets through their website? :dunno:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/hibernian-h-ticket-information/

Stokesy's on fire
14-10-2021, 11:07 AM
They are the bad guys. People can get the info required very easily.

Aberdeen are a club with a honking fanbase and arrogant support and usually i enjoy the chance to take a pop at them but this Covid Vaccine certification requirement is a total joke and that lies with the current government.

Peevemor
14-10-2021, 11:15 AM
Aberdeen are a club with a honking fanbase and arrogant support and usually i enjoy the chance to take a pop at them but this Covid Vaccine certification requirement is a total joke and that lies with the current government.

Why's it a joke?

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Try and buy home end tickets through their website? :dunno:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/hibernian-h-ticket-information/

I managed to get one in the basket, not allowed more unless you are registered on the site.

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Why's it a joke?

Because he said it was 😉

hibbyfraelibby
14-10-2021, 03:37 PM

Therw are no walk ups...

Moulin Yarns
14-10-2021, 03:41 PM

not as walk-ups, but I was able to put a ticket in the home support into my basket on their website. I think you are limited to single tickets if not on their database.

https://tickets.afc.co.uk/en-GB/events/aberdeen%20v%20hibernian/2021-10-23_15.00/pittodrie?hallmap

wookie70
14-10-2021, 04:30 PM

They will have complied with the law as they reasonably planned for less than 10K

Peevemor
14-10-2021, 04:32 PM
They will have complied with the law as they reasonably planned for less than 10KThey'll get their bum kicked if there's well in excess of 10k there.

wookie70
14-10-2021, 05:20 PM
They'll get their bum kicked if there's well in excess of 10k there. Not sure they will but they will probably be asked to redo their calculations. Do we know how a business has to demonstrate their planned attendance or even if they do. I suspect it will only last a couple of games if the attendances are a good bit in excess of 10K but I doubt they will be as Aberdeen will have done their homework and they are playing very poorly anyway

Iggy Pope
14-10-2021, 05:23 PM
They'll get their bum kicked if there's well in excess of 10k there.

Something I’d also be wary of if venturing into their home end as others are.

1van Sprou7e
14-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Something I’d also be wary of if venturing into their home end as others are.

Why? People in attendance will not get punished for Aberdeen not following the rules

Iggy Pope
14-10-2021, 07:17 PM
Why? People in attendance will not get punished for Aberdeen not following the rules

Have you ever been to an Aberdeen Hibs game?

1van Sprou7e
14-10-2021, 07:18 PM
Have you ever been to an Aberdeen Hibs game?

I see what you're saying :greengrin

Iggy Pope
14-10-2021, 07:19 PM
I see what you're saying :greengrin

👍

hibsboy07
14-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Apparently not.

Yes they are according to their web page

Antifa Hibs
15-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Hermit have Scotrail done away with the friends and family fare or have I just missed the boat? A couple of years ago I'm sure the 3 or 4 of us could travel for £40-50 return to Inverness and Aberdeen. Been checking for over a month now for Aberdeen and Dingwall and havn't seen the option for it. No advanced fares either - standard fare off almost 70 quid return for Ross County and £55 return for Aberdeen is all i've seen.

Hermit Crab
15-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Hermit have Scotrail done away with the friends and family fare or have I just missed the boat? A couple of years ago I'm sure the 3 or 4 of us could travel for £40-50 return to Inverness and Aberdeen. Been checking for over a month now for Aberdeen and Dingwall and havn't seen the option for it. No advanced fares either - standard fare off almost 70 quid return for Ross County and £55 return for Aberdeen is all i've seen.

They were called group save tickets and I think they're long gone although I'm not 100% sure. I haven't heard of them for a while.

overdrive
15-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Is anyone aware if other clubs are doing similar? I'm hoping to get to the St Johnstone away game at the end of November as we are in Perth the night before for Adam Kay. Saying that, I think McDiarmid Park is just over 10k capacity and they get rubbish crowds anyway, so it probably won't apply there.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2021, 04:54 PM
This utter nonsense is just the latest in a line of measures designed to reduce the quality of life for most people. It’s hard to maintain this is about health reasons. They don’t seem to have any coherent strategy other than harass, inconvenience and economically exploit the populace.

Hopefully it falls apart as soon as possible.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Is anyone aware if other clubs are doing similar? I'm hoping to get to the St Johnstone away game at the end of November as we are in Perth the night before for Adam Kay. Saying that, I think McDiarmid Park is just over 10k capacity and they get rubbish crowds anyway, so it probably won't apply there.

Won’t be anymore than 6k at Perth, you’ll be fine

Moulin Yarns
15-10-2021, 05:05 PM
This utter nonsense is just the latest in a line of measures designed to reduce the quality of life for most people. It’s hard to maintain this is about health reasons. They don’t seem to have any coherent strategy other than harass, inconvenience and economically exploit the populace.

That's a bit harsh on Aberdeen fc 😉

BigKev
15-10-2021, 05:37 PM

5 returns to Glasgow last weekend cost £45 in the ticket office rather than £13 odds individually. Buy them in there as I don’t think they show online.

Keith_M
15-10-2021, 06:49 PM

The attendance is rarely more than 5k when we go there, so should be no trouble at all.

Ringothedog
15-10-2021, 09:32 PM

2500 positive tests and 25 deaths each day tells me it’s about health reasons, I want my ability to attend events to continue, the minor inconvenience of having a vaccine passport requirement to attend some events is not a problem for me.