PDA

View Full Version : Scotland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Diclonius
06-10-2021, 09:07 AM
Massive week coming up, and for once I'm quite looking forward to the internarional break. Win both games and that should be us in the playoffs. Big if mind.

Speedy
06-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Saturday is huge, must win!

If anyone has any tickets for the away game, please let me know. I'm looking for 2

mcohibs
06-10-2021, 09:59 AM
I have 2 tickets for Israel game on saturday if anyone is interested. Face value.

Rory
06-10-2021, 11:30 AM
I have 2 tickets for Israel game on saturday if anyone is interested. Face value.

Yes please pal if still available?

SiinDubai
06-10-2021, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to going to hampden on Saturday, hopefully the team can get the win.

Souter96Mac
07-10-2021, 05:34 AM
Huge game, I feel slightly embarrassed to say I think this will be my first Scotland match at Hampden, and first one since 2004.

Always had followed the mantra when I was younger of 'well I already support one team that disappoints me' 😂

But safe to say I've jumped on the band wagon, and I can't wait.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-10-2021, 08:38 AM
The wee man's going with his pals and I'm concerned.

I've not been paying too much attention to the rail disruptions or that but are there likely to be problems with the trains?

I went to the Poland game a few years ago and know the script for getting to/from Hampden but is there anything else to be aware of? Appreciate any response from people who regularly attend that take the train.

He's here!
07-10-2021, 01:14 PM
I see the Scottish Premiership will be shut down for a month when the World Cup takes place in Qatar at the end of 2022.

I'm guessing this applies even if we don't qualify?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58819535

wookie70
07-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Delighted I can take my son as entry isn't going to be refused if not double jagged. Sensible decision

JimBHibees
07-10-2021, 01:29 PM

I've not been paying too much attention to the rail disruptions or that but are there likely to be problems with the trains?

I went to the Poland game a few years ago and know the script for getting to/from Hampden but is there anything else to be aware of? Appreciate any response from people who regularly attend that take the train.

Trains should be fine or they better be as that is how I am getting through. :greengrin Strikes are Sunday only so should be no issue. Assuming he knows to get trains from Glasgow central to mount Florida to get to Hampden. Given the earlier kick off assume everything should go ok.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2021, 01:33 PM

Normal service on a Saturday so shouldn’t be any disruptions. If going to Hampden on the train, be at Glasgow Central pretty sharp as the last game was a nightmare

Hibee87
07-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Trains should be fine or they better be as that is how I am getting through. :greengrin Strikes are Sunday only so should be no issue. Assuming he knows to get trains from Glasgow central to mount Florida to get to Hampden. Given the earlier kick off assume everything should go ok.

I'm taking my son to his first Scotland game, was nagging me since the Euros saying he wanted to go to one (he is 9). Managed to get tickets for this and the train.
Ive never actually been to Hampden on anything but a supporters bus/car. I take it the train is easy enough Waverly to QS. Walk to Central then to Mount Florida?
Getting there, im not too worried about, but getting back after the match I take it MF is mobbed and chances of needing to wait for a train or 2 to pass if full is likely?

Hermit Crab
07-10-2021, 01:43 PM

Normal service on a Saturday so shouldn’t be any disruptions. If going to Hampden on the train, be at Glasgow Central pretty sharp as the last game was a nightmare

ScotRail are strengthening and putting on extra services between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida/Queens Park.

Also nearly all the services between Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High are 8 cars so theres plenty room on them too but they're only every 30 minutes now instead of every 15 minutes like they used to be. Don't take the ones that go via Shotts or Cumbernauld as they take up 90 minute to get to Glasgow as they stop everywhere.

Mind face coverings still mandatory and bevy is completely banned on all ScotRail services at all times now, don't give the over zealous Glasgow bizzes an easy collar.

SteveHFC
07-10-2021, 01:49 PM
ScotRail are strengthening and putting on extra services between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida/Queens Park.

Also nearly all the services between Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High are 8 cars so theres plenty room on them too but they're only every 30 minutes now instead of every 15 minutes like they used to be. Don't take the ones that go via Shotts or Cumbernauld as they take up 90 minute to get to Glasgow as they stop everywhere.

Mind face coverings still mandatory and bevy is completely banned on all ScotRail services at all times now, don't give the over zealous Glasgow bizzes an easy collar.

While walking down to Hampden at the Moldova game a few weeks back. The bizzes didn't seem to care if anyone was drinking in the street.

JimBHibees
07-10-2021, 02:10 PM
I'm taking my son to his first Scotland game, was nagging me since the Euros saying he wanted to go to one (he is 9). Managed to get tickets for this and the train.
Ive never actually been to Hampden on anything but a supporters bus/car. I take it the train is easy enough Waverly to QS. Walk to Central then to Mount Florida?
Getting there, im not too worried about, but getting back after the match I take it MF is mobbed and chances of needing to wait for a train or 2 to pass if full is likely?

Exactly that. Would give yourself a bit of time to get there as queuing system at central. Trains mount Florida every 10 or 15 mins. Coming back huge queue at mount Florida but semi regular trains so goes down relatively quickly.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2021, 03:38 PM
While walking down to Hampden at the Moldova game a few weeks back. The bizzes didn't seem to care if anyone was drinking in the street.

Thats not on a train though is it. :wink:

This is what I don't get, a Scotland game nobody gives a **** about bevy in the streets etc but a domestic league fixture and the police stop fans going into games if caught drinking in the street. I seen a boy getting lifted just at railway bridges at Roseburn before the last derby for having a bevy. If that was a Scotland game it wouldn't have happened.

Gordy M
07-10-2021, 04:09 PM

This is what I don't get, a Scotland game nobody gives a **** about bevy in the streets etc but a domestic league fixture and the police stop fans going into games if caught drinking in the street. I seen a boy getting lifted just at railway bridges at Roseburn before the last derby for having a bevy. If that was a Scotland game it wouldn't have happened.

What law is it you are breaking drinking o a train? You may be asked to stop or leave the train as its Scotrails policy.......what are you being "collared" for?

Jones28
07-10-2021, 04:10 PM
What law is it you are breaking drinking o a train? You may be asked to stop or leave the train as its Scotrails policy.......what are you being "collared" for?

Breaking the no drinking on trains law 😜

Or it’s not from a plastic cup in the first class carriage..

hibbysam
07-10-2021, 04:36 PM

I’m surprised if it was just for drinking. Police at Tynie are happy for you to be drinking as long as it goes into the bin at the entrance to the steward checks.

WeeRussell
07-10-2021, 04:42 PM

It would have. My old man (the most sensible man in our group, if not on the street at that time) got booked for taking a swig of beer just after stepping off our bus to Hampden. Not the same as being lifted but ******** polis will be ******** polis regardless of the game.. particularly in Glasgow.

stuart-farquhar
07-10-2021, 04:42 PM

I presume all you need is to wear a lanyard. Just back from living abroad for a while and I've never seen the likes of the numbers claiming exemption. This has to be the sickest country anywhere if this is real!!

Hermit Crab
07-10-2021, 06:31 PM
I presume all you need is to wear a lanyard. Just back from living abroad for a while and I've never seen the likes of the numbers claiming exemption. This has to be the sickest country anywhere if this is real!!

You can get hold of those lanyards no problem at all, add into the fact that nobody is allowed to be questioned about their non wearing of masks makes it a free for all.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2021, 06:32 PM

It will be some anti social behaviour law somewhere.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2021, 06:33 PM
I’m surprised if it was just for drinking. Police at Tynie are happy for you to be drinking as long as it goes into the bin at the entrance to the steward checks.

It was about 11:15 in the morning. Looked like it was just for having a bevy. Who knows though.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2021, 07:34 PM
It was about 11:15 in the morning. Looked like it was just for having a bevy. Who knows though.

There were about 1000 folk standing at the Roseburn corner drinking in the street with the police around

Alfred E Newman
07-10-2021, 07:44 PM
I see the Scottish Premiership will be shut down for a month when the World Cup takes place in Qatar at the end of 2022.

I'm guessing this applies even if we don't qualify?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58819535

Farce

O'Rourke3
07-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Re W/C dates. At least we won't have the usual 3 December midweek games away to the furthest points in the football map. Not sure where the run of Celtc, Huns, Jambos in the same week will happen, just that it usually does.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Thanks to all who responded to my post, much appreciated.

Hope you all enjoy the game.

Souter96Mac
08-10-2021, 07:23 AM
What are we thinking should be our starting eleven for Saturday?
Mine would be:

Gordon
Hendry Hanley Tierney
Patterson Mctominay Gilmour SJM Robertson
Adams Dykes

oneone73
08-10-2021, 07:24 AM
Mine would be:

Gordon
Hendry Hanley Tierney
Adams Dykes

Hanley is suspended

mcohibs
08-10-2021, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know if you need a print out of your email with tickets for entry to Hampden or just the QR codes? Thanks

Hibby70
08-10-2021, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know if you need a print out of your email with tickets for entry to Hampden or just the QR codes? Thanks

Just the QR codes - worth taking a screen shot in case your email acts up on the day!

Jones28
08-10-2021, 09:54 AM
Hanley is suspended

Big loss, he’s been magnificent imo.

Green Man
08-10-2021, 10:22 AM
A note on the train back to Edinburgh - last time I got the train back from a game at Hampden there was a massive queue at Queen Street for the Falkirk High train and not everyone was getting on the next one. Went down to the low level for the train via Bathgate, the train journey itself was longer but saved waiting time and got us back to Edinburgh earlier.

Smartie
08-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Big loss, he’s been magnificent imo.

He’s been outstanding lately.

Over the past 6 months or so he has totally reversed my opinion of him.

I thought he was an absolutely huddy prior to this year.

Ringothedog
08-10-2021, 11:08 AM
Just the QR codes - worth taking a screen shot in case your email acts up on the day!

I have printed the email, kept the email and also got a screenshot just to be safe 😂

Callyballybe
08-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Huge match this Saturday. Sorry I'm missing it, will be keeping an eye on the score though.

Hoping we can overcome our habit of drawing with Israel at least once.

ian cruise
08-10-2021, 12:53 PM

Scotrail policy but supported by Police, introduced 16th Nov 2020.

"The ban is supported by the British Transport Police, who will assist railway staff to ensure the rules are adhered to.

Railway Byelaw 4 (2) states that a passenger with intoxicating liquor can be prevented from entering, or be asked to leave, the railway".

Souter96Mac
08-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Hanley is suspended

Aw naw! Had forgotten about that..that's a blow!

Cooper in for him then I suppose?

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Brilliant Hampden is a sell-out for this game

Blaster
08-10-2021, 02:22 PM
Brilliant Hampden is a sell-out for this game

Good pricing helps. £20 adult £5 kids in the East and West sections. Can’t wait

JimBHibees
08-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Aw naw! Had forgotten about that..that's a blow!

Cooper in for him then I suppose?

Cooper or Mctominay maybe

JimBHibees
08-10-2021, 02:32 PM
He’s been outstanding lately.

Over the past 6 months or so he has totally reversed my opinion of him.

I thought he was an absolutely huddy prior to this year.

He was fantastic at Wembley

ElginHibbie
08-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Mate I was meant to be going with tomorrow has had to drop out, so got 2 tickets for sale if anyone is looking

Callyballybe
08-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Am I right in thinking that there wasn't an 'away ticket allocation' for this, so as a sell out it'll be only Scotland fans in the stadium?

Great effort if so.

JimBHibees
08-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Am I right in thinking that there wasn't an 'away ticket allocation' for this, so as a sell out it'll be only Scotland fans in the stadium?

Great effort if so.

My son seemed to think although there would be no away fans Scotland need to keep that section empty according to FIFA rules. Not sure if that is right.

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2021, 04:06 PM
Good pricing helps. £20 adult £5 kids in the East and West sections. Can’t wait

i didn't realise that, a tad common sense from the SFA and look what happens

Blaster
08-10-2021, 06:24 PM
i didn't realise that, a tad common sense from the SFA and look what happens

Denmark game is the same next month. Not many tickets left either

JimBHibees
09-10-2021, 07:55 AM
Huge game can go either way and win would be huge but Israel will be thinking the same and they probably have more of a goal threat than we do.

hibbysam
09-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Mine would be:

Gordon
Hendry Hanley Tierney
Adams Dykes

It’ll be that team but mctominay will drop to centre half, with McGregor playing. Only other question mark is whether Dykes plays or he goes with the extra ‘midfielder’ like Fraser or Christie like he normally does.

JimBHibees
09-10-2021, 08:06 AM
It’ll be that team but mctominay will drop to centre half, with McGregor playing. Only other question mark is whether Dykes plays or he goes with the extra ‘midfielder’ like Fraser or Christie like he normally does.

Wouldn't surprise me if SOD starts. I think Dykes will play as we lose a bit of defensive heading ability with Hanley out.

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2021, 11:16 AM
I hear that there will be an outer cordon of Stewards checking covid status on the day. So if you are going to the game have your qr codes at the ready.

Hibee87
09-10-2021, 11:48 AM
I hear that there will be an outer cordon of Stewards checking covid status on the day. So if you are going to the game have your qr codes at the ready.

I have mine, but I read that even if asked and you don't have one, you won't be refused entry

Hibby70
09-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if you can access the East Stand from both the South or North sides or is it section dependant for which set of turnstiles you go through?

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2021, 11:54 AM
I have mine, but I read that even if asked and you don't have one, you won't be refused entry

Aye, that's common knowledge. It will not be enforced before 18th.

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know if you can access the East Stand from both the South or North sides or is it section dependant for which set of turnstiles you go through?

Pretty sure you can walk all the way round the back of the east stand.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2021, 11:56 AM

Do you mean in the ground?

Hibby70
09-10-2021, 12:11 PM
Do you mean in the ground?

There's East turnstiles at 2 sides of the ground (north and south sides of the East). Just wondered if we can use either set.

Green Man
09-10-2021, 12:35 PM
There's East turnstiles at 2 sides of the ground (north and south sides of the East). Just wondered if we can use either set.

It’s a while since I’ve been in the East, but it was the case that you could use either set, there were no barriers once you got to the big concourse at the back of the stand.

ronaldo7
09-10-2021, 12:50 PM
The weege is bouncing.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Gordon
McTominay Hendry Tierney
Patterson McGregor Gilmour Robertson
McGinn
Dykes Adams

Keyser Sauzee
09-10-2021, 03:47 PM
How many 2nd places are guaranteed to qualify?

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 03:55 PM
What’s with this booing of the Israeli anthem? Poor.

lord bunberry
I must say I’m not a fan of booing the opponents national anthem.

cabbageandribs1875
come on Sconnie Botland let's be havin ya

horrible hearing boo's for the israeli National anthem, keep the politics out of it

kieran tierney obviously not a fan of ours

hibsbollah
09-10-2021, 03:58 PM

Corbyns fault.

GreenCastle
09-10-2021, 03:58 PM
Scotland fans bood anthems at the Euros too.

No need and probably just motivates the opposition.

wookie70
09-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Brilliant atmosphere, forgot how much I loved Scotland games.

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:05 PM
jack hendry foul outside the box, goal isreal

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 04:06 PM

It’s ***** patter. And there’s their reply.

Game him an unnecessary tug.

Sir David Gray
**** sake.

Mikey_1875
Some pace on that free kick, found a gap in the wall.

Billy Whizz
Bad start

Peevemor
09-10-2021, 04:07 PM
FFS. Gordon would probably have saved that against Hibs.

Bristolhibby
FFS!

Exactly what we didn’t want to happen.

What is it with this team (Israel)?

J

hibsbollah
I’m sure Zahavi can play at a higher level than the Dutch league, he’s class

Lago
Oh well.

CMac1988
Hendry was late but Patterson should've cleared it before once it was obvious he couldn't run out of trouble.

Diclonius
Ah, Scotland.

Magpie
09-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Israel have started very strong.

Newry Hibs
Fannying around at left back and lost the ball.

One Day Soon
I’m sure Zahavi can play at a higher level than the Dutch league, he’s class

Phenomenal scoring record for Israel too.

Aldo
Stupid and needless foul but super strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
Ahh well I didn't want Scotland to go to Qatar anyway.

Lago
09-10-2021, 04:09 PM
Israel have started very strong.
Playing better than Scotland by a country mile at the moment.

JXM73
09-10-2021, 04:10 PM
See **** all changed, everyone gets wound up to high dough and they **** it up... nae hibee on the pitch nae interest...

Magpie
09-10-2021, 04:10 PM
Playing better than Scotland by a country mile at the moment.

Will deserve their 2nd place spot.

Broken Gnome
09-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Liam McLeod's pronunciation of Bs and Ps are enough to make me think I don't want us at a World Cup.

hibee-boys
09-10-2021, 04:12 PM
Che adams is bang average…. but…but….but….he plays in the EPL….file under Mcburnie and get Nisbet on please.

wookie70
Why is Patterson not taking throw ins

silverhibee

Patterson losing it 1st.

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:13 PM

guy went down like a sniper shot him but still a stupid tug by Hendry, just no need

anyway, 15/8 Israel 2nd goal i'll have some of that for a bit of financial interest

hibsbollah
09-10-2021, 04:14 PM
Che adams is bang average…. but…but….but….he plays in the EPL….file under Mcburnie and get Nisbet on please.

Adams is a good player, we’re just not getting the balls into dangerous areas. Israel showing how they beat Austria by a three goal margin.

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 04:14 PM

In full view on the pitch at Hampden? Brave.

CMurdoch
09-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Patterson losing it 1st.

Yeah, major mistake by Paterson playing too much football in the wrong place compounded by Hendry.

hibee-boys
09-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Adams is a good player, we’re just not getting the balls into dangerous areas. Israel showing how they beat Austria by a three goal margin.

He’s had the ball twice in dangerous areas on the first 10mins and made a hash of it both times🙄

truehibernian
09-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Why is Patterson not taking throw ins

Why’s he even starting is the bigger question. Ramsay at Aberdeen is the far far better player on every level.

wookie70
09-10-2021, 04:18 PM
Why’s he even starting is the bigger question. Ramsay at Aberdeen is the far far better player on every level.I agree, he should be nowhere near the team maybe even squad

Diclonius
09-10-2021, 04:20 PM
Can we start fining teams for obvious time wasting? This is a ****ing joke already.

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 04:22 PM
Can we start fining teams for obvious time wasting? This is a ****ing joke already.

Should be the next reffing instruction throughout the game. The last 15 minutes of any Serie A game where the top team is leading is just a square ball fest.

Aldo
09-10-2021, 04:22 PM
So twice in the last few minutes Israeli players have gone down like they’ve been smashed but nowt wrong with them.

Time wasting already

hibsbollah
09-10-2021, 04:24 PM
He’s had the ball twice in dangerous areas on the first 10mins and made a hash of it both times🙄

Hopefully he comes good.

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2021, 04:24 PM
Should be the next reffing instruction throughout the game. The last 15 minutes of any Serie A game where the top team is leading is just a square ball fest.

So you want refs to stop teams passing the ball sideways? I don't think thats going to happen :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:25 PM
wtf is Dabour bumping his gums at that foul he gave away

Aldo
09-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Miraculous recovery from Dabbour

GreenCastle
09-10-2021, 04:26 PM
Long throws and towels should be banned.

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:26 PM
a striker taking a throw in

ok

silverhibee
09-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Get Patterson off the guy is Tom kite

Brightside
09-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Paterson is having a bit of a mare.

Lago
09-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Long throws and towels should be banned.
Where would our goal threat come from 🤣

Lago
09-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Paterson is having a bit of a mare.
Shouldn't be there, only a sop by Clark to the Ibrox mob.

Mikey_1875
09-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Superb

Brightside
SJM. What a baller.

BILLYHIBS
SJM

Get in !

cabbageandribs1875
what a freakin goal SJM :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibsbollah
I love John McGinn.

silverhibee
09-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Goalllllllllllllll

McGinn

cannastar
weve got mcginn super john mcginn

Sir David Gray
Yaaaaaaaas SJM!!!!!

Peevemor
Yes! SJM!

Lago
Super John

Oh well horendious defending

CmoantheHibs
What a fantastic goal. Brilliant Scotland.

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 04:31 PM
So you want refs to stop teams passing the ball sideways? I don't think thats going to happen :greengrin

No just the accompanying feigning injury, goalkeepers flipping to the grind with the ball, taking forever to take goal kicks, corners and throw ins - and my personal pet hate - player picks up ball for throw in, looks like he literally cannot see any of his own team for as long as possible and then rolls the ball down for someone else to take the throw instead.

Ooft, what a goal! Someone spend £100 million on McGinn FFS.

Aldo
What a finish!

Mikey_1875
Aw ffs

OtleyHibs
That's ridiculous, behind again

cabbageandribs1875
now McTominay gives away a stupid FK

and the same result 1-2 absolutely amateur

Northernhibee
I ****ing love SJM

silverhibee
FFS Scotland.

Just_Jimmy
09-10-2021, 04:32 PM
That's absolutely ****ing garbage.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Squealing pig
McGinn is the man

JXM73
Didnt even get through the second verse

🤣😂

Sir David Gray
****** hell that's disgraceful.

One Day Soon
I love Scotland. We’re like a football version of a disaster movie franchise that never ends.

lord bunberry
09-10-2021, 04:33 PM
Was that not a handball there?

cabbageandribs1875
keystone cops defending yet again 3 israeli players lining up to knock that in

hibIBZ
And that's why we don't qualify for major tournaments...

Peevemor
That's pish but looked offside to me.

Ludicrous

Northernhibee
That’s what happens when you have one centre back in a back three.

GreenCastle
Israel scored 1-0 and just stopped playing.

Scotland score then they up the tempo and 2-1.

Anyone notice a hand ball during that goal or just me ?!

hibIBZ
09-10-2021, 04:34 PM
That's pish but looked offside to me.

Nope, Dykes 3 yards out of the line playing everybody one

cannastar
number 5 israel kicks craig gordon on the head as the ball goes into the net really going off this israeli team feigning injuries and sly kick outs.

CmoantheHibs
Ridiculously bad defending. So deflating after such a brilliant equaliser.

we are hibs
Didnt even get through the second verse

[emoji1787][emoji23]For someone who claims he wasnt interested because theres no hibs players you seem to be posting pretty regularly about it. Typical Boring attention seeker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aldo
No just the accompanying feigning injury, goalkeepers flipping to the grind with the ball, taking forever to take goal kicks, corners and throw ins - and my personal pet hate - player picks up ball for throw in, looks like he literally cannot see any of his own team for as long as possible and then rolls the ball down for someone else to take the throw instead.

Ooft, what a goal! Someone spend £100 million on McGinn FFS.

So the boy who was rolling about like he had a career threatening injury scores.

kaimendhibs
09-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Was that not a handball there?

100 per cent. Bot got ball to scorer by his fist

Brightside
Defensively we are all over the place.

hibsbollah
We’ve got the personnel to move to 442 surely? Defence is a shambles

cannastar
09-10-2021, 04:36 PM
grant hanley missing looking vital funny how you dont miss the dependable performers until they are missing

lord bunberry
09-10-2021, 04:37 PM
100 per cent. Bot got ball to scorer by his fist
Is there VAR in this game? I kept waiting for it to be ruled out.

Bristolhibby
McGinn is the man

Haha, people still commenting on the McGinn goal and we are behind again.

J

One Day Soon
So the boy who was rolling about like he had a career threatening injury scores.

Yup

StockholmHibs
09-10-2021, 04:38 PM
1-0 Sweden . Always over performing.
Take notes Scotland.

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:38 PM
aw gtf with this time wasting

Sir David Gray
09-10-2021, 04:39 PM
1-0 Sweden . Always over performing.
Take notes Scotland.

We're light years behind Sweden.

JXM73
09-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Is there VAR in this game? I kept waiting for it to be ruled out.

They are showing VAR replays so why is that not handball, thought any handball leading to a goal is a foul

To the ******s, because I've no interest doesn't mean im no watching, just no fussed what Clarkes Scotland do...

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:40 PM
McGregor back to his default scotland perfomance

hibee-boys
09-10-2021, 04:41 PM
I’ve seen very little of Patterson, what I have seen I don’t know what all the fuss is about🤷🏼

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:44 PM
penalty :greengrin

Mikey_1875
On the line clear penalty

JXM73
Pelanty...should be decent at these...

Moulin Yarns
IT'S A PENALTY

And he's giving the ball to me.... :greengrin

DYKES saved!!!!!!!!

Sir David Gray
Yaaaaas penalty!

Don't start saving penalties now please Rocky.

OtleyHibs
09-10-2021, 04:45 PM
Awful penalty

JXM73
Don't start saving penalties now please Rocky.

Ffs, you had to LOL

Mikey_1875
Rocky read that like a book

Brightside
09-10-2021, 04:46 PM
His last pen was pish too. down the middle

cabbageandribs1875
NOW rocky saves one

absolutely p@sh penalty

Pretty Boy
WTF was that?

Absolutely woeful penalty.

Sir David Gray
Marciano saves.

truehibernian
Israel full backs could put deck chairs out and relax - zero width yet again and a typically uninspiring Clarke side. We are a very dull side to watch. And a Clarke and McPhee team talk to look forward to at half time as well 😂

Aldo
[emoji23] FFS

Bristolhibby
Dreadful penalty. Was saying to my old man he needs to do better than the penalty v Austria.

Quel surprise.

J

09-10-2021, 04:47 PM
Never been a fan of drilling it down the middle. Was lucky the Austria one sneaked in, not so lucky this time.

Sir David Gray
Disgusting attempt at a penalty.

Dykes off right now for Nisbet please.

GreenCastle
Awful penalty

CentreLine
Two idiotic free kicks given away and exploited by Israel. Then possibly the worst penalty since Cummings and we stay 2-1 down.

CmoantheHibs
Dykes should never have been on that. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Lago
09-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Awful penalty
Same down the middle as last time, didn't get away with it this time. Poor penalty.

Hibs Class
Disgusting attempt at a penalty.

Dykes off right now for Nisbet please.

Agree. If my striker took a penalty like that I'd sub him right away.

Ffs, you had to LOL

I know, I know. Can't have saved many for us. One, maybe two?

lord bunberry
If you’re going to put it down the middle at least get a bit of height on it. He got lucky with the last one but he didn’t learn from it. Shocking penalty.

Booked4Being-Ugly
What a pathetic penalty attempt.

Some big players letting the side down when it matters.

The_Exile
We're a good team but just make really really ***** decisions.

Just_Jimmy
09-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Dykes is absolutely garbage. He's a waste of a Jersey but that's unforgivable.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
i'm positive Rocky was rolling about laughing at that pathetic penalty attempt

hibee-boys
If you don’t have the ability to smash it into a corner you shouldn’t be taking a penalty at this level, awful penalty😡

StockholmHibs
We're light years behind Sweden.

Unfortunately i have to agree. For me it's Hibs first Scotland second and then my adopted land.
Wish i had more feelings for Sweden. Just cant be arsed with football here even although its miles ahead of Scotland.
It's all about where you grew up i suppose.

Since452
It's a good laugh watching Scotland if nothing else

One Day Soon
09-10-2021, 04:51 PM
It's a good laugh watching Scotland if nothing else

This is unfortunately where I’m now at. Anything else is too painful.

Diclonius
09-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Is anyone really surprised though?

greenginger
09-10-2021, 04:52 PM
Did Rocky ever actually save a penalty in his 5 years with us ?

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 04:54 PM
Is anyone really surprised though?

no not really, israel have been the better side in the last 4 games against us

Glory Lurker

He did save against hearts in the 2017 replay, but they scored the rebound.

cannastar
not the best of penalties to be sure but he was the right man to take it. wish people would get off these players back as you can see they are trying ther hardest maybe not working at the moment but if they keep at it then im confident this game can turn remember they are mostly young boys and if it takes this tounament to get them where we want them to be then so be it. we will be a lot stronger in two years time with experience behind us.

hibsbollah

Twice against Aberdeen, probably more.

lord bunberry
I’m not a huge fan of Dykes, I think he’s extremely limited and nowhere as good as Nisbet. Hopefully he makes up for it and in his defence every time I say he’s hopeless he ends up having a good game.

wookie70
09-10-2021, 04:55 PM
Such a pity the team is generally a let down as Hampden is great when it is bouncing. Some poor, poor play. How Patterson gets a game is beyond me, Dykes works hard but I don't see it myself and we don't exploit our left side because we are so cautious.Gordon getting dogs abuse round me but not sure he has done much wrong barring his kicking but we know that is a weakness.

CLASS OF 72 -73
We're a good team but just make really really ***** decisions.

We really aren't you know. Bang average.

Magpie

He saved four.

Bristolhibby
If you don’t have the ability to smash it into a corner you shouldn’t be taking a penalty at this level, awful penalty😡

This. His penalties are like mine (ie a **** amateur just wanting to get it on target).

J

JXM73
09-10-2021, 04:57 PM
not the best of penalties to be sure but he was the right man to take it. wish people would get off these players back as you can see they are trying ther hardest maybe not working at the moment but if they keep at it then im confident this game can turn remember they are mostly young boys and if it takes this tounament to get them where we want them to be then so be it. we will be a lot stronger in two years time with experience behind us.

Aye right Mr Clarke, they're professionals with bags of experience playing pish, deserve everything they get... bug 45 minutes ahead

Lago
09-10-2021, 04:59 PM
We really aren't you know. Bang average.
Yip

Peevemor
09-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Most of Boyle's penalties for Hibs have been savable had the keepers not dived.

hibsbollah
09-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Yip

Id blame Clarke. But its not the manager telling them to pass the ball to the opposition.

StockholmHibs
09-10-2021, 05:01 PM
He saved four.

Really? Remind me! Good goalkeeper, awfully penalty stopper.
Must have been 4 out of 100.

silverhibee
09-10-2021, 05:01 PM
At times we are running about like school kids, 5-6 players chasing after the ball, a bit composure is needed to break them down, and once again how does Patterson get in this team.

hibsbollah
09-10-2021, 05:02 PM
Most of Boyle's penalties for Hibs have been savable had the keepers not dived.

Ive seen Boyle arrow one hard right in the corner though. I think ive seen 3 Dykes pens and theyre the same everytime. Rocky will have watched film.

Sir David Gray
09-10-2021, 05:02 PM
So as things stand Scotland are effectively out of the World Cup with three games left.

Great. :rolleyes:

Iain G
09-10-2021, 05:04 PM
What a pathetic penalty attempt.

Some big players letting the side down when it matters.

Why is Boyle not taking penalties?

cannastar
lets face it we wont cope with the heat in qatar so this should be a building exercise for the following tournament and iv no problem in playing young players like patterson regardless of what kind of performance he is been seen as putting in. think steve clarkes following gareth southgates template and it never did the much harm final of european championships and almost winners.

J-C
Watched the 1st half before going to a gig, what a real shambles we are, going nowhere with Clarke, time for new ideas. I just wish we had a real international striker somewhere.

Speedy

Not having that.

Hit it high and Rocky has no chance, murder at saving penalties. If that hasn't been noticed then it's a failure of the backroom staff and all the players on the pitch because if Dykes is the best options then the rest really must be *****.

Anyway, onwards and upwards in the second half.

JXM73
09-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Patterson thinking he's at ibrox, diving ****

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2021, 05:08 PM
SJM gets himself a yellow card

CMurdoch
Losing that first half is down to poor decision making.

Sir David Gray
Poor tackle from McGinn.

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2021, 05:09 PM

Yes, at least 3 I think.

MGmick
09-10-2021, 05:09 PM
lets face it we wont cope with the heat in qatar so this should be a building exercise for the following tournament and iv no problem in playing young players like patterson regardless of what kind of performance he is been seen as putting in. think steve clarkes following gareth southgates template and it never did the much harm final of european championships and almost winners.

:aok: Marvelously obvious bit of troling :stirrer:

Keyser Sauzee
09-10-2021, 05:10 PM
Where are the ball boys

Lago
09-10-2021, 05:10 PM
Watched the 1st half before going to a gig, what a real shambles we are, going nowhere with Clarke, time for new ideas. I just wish we had a real international striker somewhere.
One of the curses of being my age is that I've had the pleasure of watching some really good Scottish International teams and I can’t help but compare them to today's offering.

kaimendhibs
09-10-2021, 05:12 PM
Whos idea is it to have the target man taking long throws?
Utter stupidity.

HH81
09-10-2021, 05:13 PM
2-2

JXM73
09-10-2021, 05:14 PM
If that's ruled out you can stick var up yer arse...

cabbageandribs1875
absolutely nothing wrong with that goal

Pretty Boy
Surely that can't be disallowed?

Keith_M
2-2

Is it?

J-C
09-10-2021, 05:15 PM
One of the curses of being my age is that I've had the pleasure of watching some really good Scottish International teams and I can’t help but compare them to today's offering.

I'm the same, the 70's teams were my favourite era.

One Day Soon
FFS. Come on.

Mikey_1875
Get in

HH81
Is it?

Yes.

Keith_M
Finally!

Sir David Gray
Should never be disallowed, the Israeli's head was low!

cannastar
well done lyndon dykes great goal lets push on

cabbageandribs1875
there's nothing wrong with that

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
09-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Well done VAR. Guy's head was at waist height FFS.

hibIBZ
VAR is great isn't it... that was 100% a goal

I 💚 var

WhileTheChief..
Gotta love VAR :greengrin

Sir David Gray
Yaaaaaaaas brilliant decision.

cabbageandribs1875
now hows about we get ahead this time

CmoantheHibs
09-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Get in the var. Correct decision. His foot wasn’t high.

OtleyHibs
Good to see the right decision made in the end.

Good goal, need to kick on and win this

Forever_Green93
Get In!!!!!

Get it up ye israel! Never a high boot in a million years.

kaimendhibs
Dykes booked for scoring a good goal 🤔🤔🤔🤔

cabbageandribs1875
jeeeeeeeezo they should have scored what on earth is wrong with our defence

Lucky not to go behind again.