PDA

View Full Version : Hibs to appeal Red Card

Pages : [1] 2

DanishJohn
04-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Good to learn this.

Hope Ron get's right behind this and has the services of some good legal minds.

I have no knowledge of the law but should Hibs win the case, could the following happen?

1 We go after the football authorities for damages.
2 We go after the referee for damages
(above based on Liability)

3 And kept the best for last

Could Gerrard face a court action for defamation of character against Ryan Porteous ?

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2021, 05:59 PM
Good to learn this.

I have no knowledge of the law but should Hibs win the case, could the following happen?

Could Gerrard face a court action for defamation of character against Ryan Porteous ?

None of the above :greengrin

Cod Boy
04-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Will lose appeal because of the opposition and the panel will back the official

neil7908
04-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Glad we are challenging this. Well done Hibs.

04-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Glad we are appealing but would also like to see a complaint against Lundstram lodged with the Compliance Officer for his tackle on Doig. There are definitely double standards here. Our players need protection.

Ryan91
04-10-2021, 06:09 PM

Be nice to see Hibs bring this little clip up and ask why Lundstrum doesn't see Red there

https://twitter.com/ScottyHibs/status/1444988120429178880

Peevemor
04-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Be nice to see Hibs bring this little clip up and ask why Lundstrum doesn't see Red there

https://twitter.com/ScottyHibs/status/1444988120429178880I doubt it works like that. I'd imagine they'll look at the Porto incident in isolation.

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2021, 06:15 PM
They won't overturn it; and, even if they do, it won't restore the point or three we were heading for.

ian cruise
04-10-2021, 06:15 PM
Good to learn this.

You can't take legal action against the ruling body, did Hearts not fall foul of that following their failed attempt at avoiding relegation?

Best case scenario, we win appeal (I think we will) and once done, we come out criticising Gerrard, etc for what they said about Ryan using the rescinded red card as substantial proof he's not a dirty player and it was a poor call.

Doing so prior to the appeal risks the sfa doubling down and rejecting the appeal to protect their man.

I don't think Ryan will be totally cleared, expecting it to be downgraded to a yellow. Lundstrum should have same retrospectively applied for his lunge.

Unseen work
04-10-2021, 06:18 PM
It was never a red.
Lundstrams was never a red.
Barisic’ was never a red.

Not a hope it gets overturned though.

It really gets to me how football is examined and refereed now a days. Every tackle is a foul if you slow it down of pause it a certain way.

The whole “what if he made contact” comments are nonsense (to a certain degree). 9/10 the difference is that ones a foul and ones not, that’s how you differentiate it.

But it’s a physical and contact sport. When you’re running and sliding you’re going to be off the ground/out of control at some point.

It also gets to me guys like Gerrard coming out with the nonsense he does when you see some of the tackles he put in as a player, absolute ****.

Re Barisic and Lundstram - I get and appreciate why people are comparing them, just IMO neither are reds but in fairness I don’t think many on here think they actually are.

Stonewall
04-10-2021, 06:20 PM
Glad we are appealing but would also like to see a complaint against Lundstram lodged with the Compliance Officer for his tackle on Doig. There are definitely double standards here. Our players need protection.

Why are we letting Barosic away with his misdemeanour?

Unseen work
04-10-2021, 06:21 PM
Sorry I feel like i need to say it again, I absolutely hate Gerrard.

Everything about him.

Absolute hypocrite.

Sir David Gray
It's going to be a futile exercise but well done to the club for putting in the appeal.

Hibernia&Alba
It was never a red.

It really gets to me how football is examined and refereed now a days. Every tackle is a foul if you slow it down of pause it a certain way.

The whole “what if he made contact” comments are nonsense (to a certain degree). 9/10 the difference is that ones a foul and ones not, that’s how you differentiate it.

But it’s a physical and contact sport. When you’re running and sliding you’re going to be off the ground/out of control at some point.

It also gets to me guys like Gerrard coming out with the nonsense he does when you see some of the tackles he put in as a player, absolute ****.

Re Barisic and Lundstram - I get and appreciate why people are comparing them, just IMO neither are reds but in fairness I don’t think many on here think they actually are.

Completely agree with you. I've been saying for years the game is being ruined because tackling is being removed from football. Like you say, everything is now a foul or a booking.

jakedance
04-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Good to learn this.

Lol. Nope. None of those things can happen.

Andy74
04-10-2021, 06:23 PM
It was never a red.

The Lundstram one is the type you don’t want to see. Launching into the air with both feet off the ground and making contact.

Iain G
04-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Loving the wording on the tweet Hibs posted :greengrin

"We have lodged an appeal against Ryan Porteous’ red card in yesterday’s cinch Premiership match against Rangers."

Rubbing them up the wrong way by mentioning the sponsor they don't promote :greengrin:thumbsup:

GibbytheHibby2
04-10-2021, 06:31 PM

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, that part’s not quite right. If I aim a punch at you on the field and miss, it’s still violent conduct and deserves a red card. Same with tackles, it’s the intent or the reckless nature that can determine a red, not the outcome.

Gerrard’s definitely a **** though 😉

brog
04-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Like others I doubt it will be overturned but at least we're not lying down and allowing them to run their foul narrative without challenge. It may also allow the activities of some Rangers' players to come under the spotlight. Maybe also Richard Foster could be investigated for saying an off the ball assault by Morelos was 'smart play'.

Peevemor
04-10-2021, 06:35 PM
Like others I doubt it will be overturned but at least we're not lying down and allowing them to run their foul narrative without challenge. It may also allow the activities of some Rangers' players to come under the spotlight. Maybe also Richard Foster could be investigated for saying an off the ball assault by Morelos was 'smart play'.If it's not overturned then surely that will support their "narrative"?

If any other incidents are to be looked at it will be announced. If not then it'll just be Porto's challenge and that's all.

Victor
04-10-2021, 06:40 PM

https://twitter.com/ScottyHibs/status/1444988120429178880

First time I have seen this, it is a shocker. He turns his back and launches with both feet, he has no idea what he is going to hit and is fortunate he gets the ball. If Porteous was a red card, then so was this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

04-10-2021, 06:45 PM
Why are we letting Barosic away with his misdemeanour?

Yes, him too. Tried to break Boyle's jaw then faked an injury. Plus 2 other yellow card offenses. He should have had 3 yellows.

matty_f
04-10-2021, 06:47 PM
Gerrard should be pulled up for his comments about Porto, what an utter welt.

Gmack7
04-10-2021, 06:50 PM
I don't think JR'S comments after the game will help our appeal

BegbieHSC
04-10-2021, 06:55 PM

Gerrard should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute!

His repeated targeting and obsession with a young 22 yo lad from Dalkieth is both weird and disgraceful.

tamig
04-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Good to learn this.

All sounds very hertzish. We won’t entertain such nonsense.

Is It On....
04-10-2021, 07:04 PM
Glad we are challenging this. Well done Hibs.

Worst case is that it lays down a marker for the future...

SerenityGreen
04-10-2021, 07:04 PM
First time I have seen this, it is a shocker. He turns his back and launches with both feet, he has no idea what he is going to hit and is fortunate he gets the ball. If Porteous was a red card, then so was this.

WOW. My first viewing of this incident as well and it's a two footed lunge with both feet off the ground. All the ingredients that merit a red card. Dangerous and reckless.

green day
04-10-2021, 07:06 PM
I think this thread shows a few things -

(1) Some football fans dont know how the appeal system works
(2) Some football fans dont know how the compliance officer is called into action

However, there is one thing on which we can all agree

(3) Gerrard is and always has been a wee ****

04Sauzee
04-10-2021, 07:12 PM
If we loose the appeal does Porteous get a further 1 match suspension? Or is it still the 1 game he gets?

Peevemor
04-10-2021, 07:16 PM
If we loose the appeal does Porteous get a further 1 match suspension? Or is it still the 1 game he gets?It means we lose the £1500 or whatever it costs to appeal. Further punishment is normally only a risk where a referee has missed an incident during the match and players are offered the choice between a one match ban (for example) and a hearing.

FilipinoHibs
04-10-2021, 07:17 PM
If we loose the appeal does Porteous get a further 1 match suspension? Or is it still the 1 game he gets?

Becomes 2

Peevemor
04-10-2021, 07:17 PM
Becomes 2Really? I stand corrected if that's the case.

brog
04-10-2021, 07:19 PM
If it's not overturned then surely that will support their "narrative"?

If any other incidents are to be looked at it will be announced. If not then it'll just be Porto's challenge and that's all.

Not really, everyone bar The Huns know the system is corrupt. We can also show the Lundstram challenge as part of the appeal. The intent won't be to raise an action against Lundstram but to show that 2 similar incidents were treated very differently by the ref. If Walsh doesn't even award a foul against Lundstram then surely a red card for Porto is far too harsh.

Hibs90
04-10-2021, 07:24 PM
I doubt it works like that. I'd imagine they'll look at the Porto incident in isolation.

Hibs should certainly be sending the compliance officer footage of the tackle on Doig and Barisic forearm smash if Porto's red is upheld.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2021, 07:27 PM

It’s 2 because it takes him over the bookings threshold

green day
04-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Becomes 2

So its like a Spice Girls song in reverse?

lyonhibs
04-10-2021, 07:34 PM
Good to learn this.

"I have no knowledge of the law" is a decent summary there tbf. None of those are even remotely possible or plausible.

Col2
04-10-2021, 07:37 PM

He is a patronizing prick. Telling Jack Ross how to do his job. Glad the club are right behind the player and no doubt we the fans are. It won’t get overturned but still hope to have the last laugh in November Semi final.

Unseen work
04-10-2021, 07:43 PM
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, that part’s not quite right. If I aim a punch at you on the field and miss, it’s still violent conduct and deserves a red card. Same with tackles, it’s the intent or the reckless nature that can determine a red, not the outcome.

Gerrard’s definitely a **** though 😉

That’s what I mean by the to a certain degree, my point is that if every tackle results in getting the player and missing the ball it’s a foul!

Glad we can agree on Gerrard 😄

ian cruise
04-10-2021, 08:05 PM
I'm really unsure why so many are convinced it won't be overturned?

I can't remember a recent occasion where we've appealed a card and lost. I get the impression the club only appeals when they know there is little chance they'll be found to be in the wrong. We've had retrospective decisions against Rangers before, no reason we would have the appeal turned down just because it was against them. They have the three points already, nothing will change that.

Sir David Gray
04-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Becomes 2

I believe it will be 2 anyway regardless of the appeal. I don't think it will be increased if we lose the appeal.

JimBHibees
04-10-2021, 08:45 PM
I believe it will be 2 anyway regardless of the appeal. I don't think it will be increased if we lose the appeal.

It won't be two if we win the appeal

Hibee Mac
04-10-2021, 08:51 PM

https://twitter.com/ScottyHibs/status/1444988120429178880Said at the time that tackle was a shocker but seeing it again Vs the Porteous one it's worse. Shocking that doesn't even get given as a foul yet Ryan gets sent off.

I mean he jumps off the ground with studs up and lunges into a tackle, that had potential to ruin Doig's career.

Sir David Gray
04-10-2021, 08:55 PM
It won't be two if we win the appeal

Yes sorry I was going on the basis that we lose the appeal which was the point I had replied to.

Appreciate I wasn't too clear though.

jakeshibs

Glad we are challenging this but we all know the outcome

NORTHERNHIBBY
He is a patronizing prick. Telling Jack Ross how to do his job. Glad the club are right behind the player and no doubt we the fans are. It won’t get overturned but still hope to have the last laugh in November Semi final.

Master of deflection. They were getting hee-haw from that game until the sending off. Please don't look at my over paid under performing players.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-10-2021, 09:01 PM

:agree:

jakeshibs
04-10-2021, 09:01 PM
Not really, everyone bar The Huns know the system is corrupt. We can also show the Lundstram challenge as part of the appeal. The intent won't be to raise an action against Lundstram but to show that 2 similar incidents were treated very differently by the ref. If Walsh doesn't even award a foul against Lundstram then surely a red card for Porto is far too harsh.

Totally agree as that tackle from Lundstram is worse as he launches two feet of the ground, if that is not even a booking how can Porto be straight red.

He's here!
04-10-2021, 09:37 PM
They won't overturn it; and, even if they do, it won't restore the point or three we were heading for.

All true, but I'm glad Hibs are at least making public their (correct) belief that this was a refereeing error and that a red card was issued for what was actually a perfectly fair tackle.

Bostonhibby
04-10-2021, 09:38 PM
You can't take legal action against the ruling body, did Hearts not fall foul of that following their failed attempt at avoiding relegation?

Best case scenario, we win appeal (I think we will) and once done, we come out criticising Gerrard, etc for what they said about Ryan using the rescinded red card as substantial proof he's not a dirty player and it was a poor call.

Doing so prior to the appeal risks the sfa doubling down and rejecting the appeal to protect their man.

I don't think Ryan will be totally cleared, expecting it to be downgraded to a yellow. Lundstrum should have same retrospectively applied for his lunge.Correct, who do we think we are, Mrs doctor Budge or some sort of estate agency with a football litigation department?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

silverhibee
04-10-2021, 09:57 PM

I can't remember a recent occasion where we've appealed a card and lost. I get the impression the club only appeals when they know there is little chance they'll be found to be in the wrong. We've had retrospective decisions against Rangers before, no reason we would have the appeal turned down just because it was against them. They have the three points already, nothing will change that.

Do we still put cctv on the dug out at Ibrox, maybe Hibs have something, Walsh having his view blocked, the linesman never gave it as his flag stays down and he continues to run the line.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2021, 10:00 PM

Hamilton from Hamilton last season was overturned after he flew into a tackle with Boyle. If that’s only a yellow then Porteous is likely to get away with no card.

WeeRussell
04-10-2021, 10:18 PM
I can’t see it getting overturned. Looks like I’m completely in the minority here but I’m not totally convinced it should be either.

bigwheel
04-10-2021, 10:20 PM
I can’t see it getting overturned. Looks like I’m completely in the minority here but I’m not totally convinced it should be either.

I can’t either…there’s enough question marks from one angle to justify the decision. I’m Surprised we’ve appealed tbh

mim
04-10-2021, 10:27 PM
Do we still put cctv on the dug out at Ibrox, maybe Hibs have something, Walsh having his view blocked, the linesman never gave it as his flag stays down and he continues to run the line.

The way I saw it was the referee was turning away from the incident and suddenly reached for the card. It was as if the assistant has said 'that's a red'.

Andy74
04-10-2021, 10:28 PM
I can’t either…there’s enough question marks from one angle to justify the decision. I’m Surprised we’ve appealed tbh

Or to turn it around there are enough angles that show what really happened and that the one angle is misleading. Hibs are absolutely right to appeal it.

bigwheel
04-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Or to turn it around there are enough angles that show what really happened and that the one angle is misleading. Hibs are absolutely right to appeal it.

Hope you are right

WeeRussell
04-10-2021, 10:30 PM

Agreed. I don’t know if it involves the referee taking a look and saying he’s made an error (or maybe nothing to do with him now) but when even a couple of us reckon there’s a case for a red card, it seems impossible that a hibs red at Ibrox will be reversed. And I realise it being Rangers at Ibrox shouldn’t make a difference after the event but still makes it feel all the more unlikely!

I’ll admit to still being a bit annoyed at Ryan for going in like that and giving the ref even a half chance to take action, when we were in decent control of the game (I’m confident we would have got at least something). I just wish he wouldn’t go in with that action, especially when he really doesn’t need to lunge in as has been the case a few times now.

Malthibby
04-10-2021, 11:50 PM
Very pleased we are appealing, Lundstrom & Barisic put in far worse tackles with her-haw given from the ref, hopefully Hibs will use these as context.

GG

JimBHibees
05-10-2021, 06:31 AM

The linesman can still say to the ref he thought it was a red without waving his flag. Also think the ref didn't have a great view of the tackle but was a heck of a quick to get the card out. Personally didn't think he was reacting until the crowd started shouting.

duffers
05-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Part of the reason it won’t be overturned is due to our manager and our captain almost sticking up for the refs decision after the game. They should have came out and lambasted the ref, stuck up for porto and slated lunstrums tackle on Doig. Instead they done neither

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2021, 06:48 AM
Part of the reason it won’t be overturned is due to our manager and our captain almost sticking up for the refs decision after the game. They should have came out and lambasted the ref, stuck up for porto and slated lunstrums tackle on Doig. Instead they done neither Cant imagine post match interviews are part of the appeal process. I think they'll stick to the footage and the referees opinion after seeing it back.

DanishJohn
05-10-2021, 06:57 AM
"I have no knowledge of the law" is a decent summary there tbf. None of those are even remotely possible or plausible.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I must probably bow to your greater knowledge of the law and for all I know the law maybe your background.

I think Sunday has come and gone and it's about moving on.

If Hibs were to win the appeal Ryan Porteous is innocent of any wrong doing. It can be proved that Gerrard has past history of making statements about Porteous.
He has continued with this narrative. He is damaging the reputation of Porteous.

I have had a look at The Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) which became law on 21 April this year.

Regarding my point 3 (action against Gerrard) could you tell me why this is not remotely possible or plausible? :aok:

Brightside
05-10-2021, 07:09 AM
Part of the reason it won’t be overturned is due to our manager and our captain almost sticking up for the refs decision after the game. They should have came out and lambasted the ref, stuck up for porto and slated lunstrums tackle on Doig. Instead they done neither

What a load of pish.

flash
05-10-2021, 07:18 AM

Which neither of them remotely did

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2021, 07:34 AM
25171You couldn't make this up.

James70
05-10-2021, 07:34 AM
A complete waste of time and money appealing the red. Anyway we have a loan centre half who hasn't had a look in so far. This is the perfect opportunity to give him game time. What is the point of him being here otherwise?

500miles
05-10-2021, 07:36 AM

I think they might have. That photo is doctored.

I'm_cabbaged
05-10-2021, 07:41 AM
I think they might have. That photo is doctored.

Hey looks after the Huns under 16’s

#2 Double Tap
05-10-2021, 07:43 AM
It was never a red.

It’s all about the timing, portos is timed perfectly, to take the ball n miss the player, it’s not even a foul. I

Since90+2
05-10-2021, 07:44 AM
Hey looks after the Huns under 16’s

I don't think that's correct.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2021, 07:47 AM

That's surely not a genuine photo. 🤣

greenlad
05-10-2021, 07:59 AM
I don't think that's correct.

He's a teacher at the school which is their Performance Academy. Not sure if that amounts to the same thing.

JohnM1875
05-10-2021, 08:01 AM
He's a teacher at the school which is their Performance Academy. Not sure if that amounts to the same thing.

It isn't. Still shouldn't be refereeing any of their games if you ask me. Just to avoid situations like this.

Since90+2
05-10-2021, 08:20 AM

He's PE Teacher then, he's not the coach of their under 16s.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2021, 08:21 AM
That's surely not a genuine photo. 🤣

No chance.

He's wearing his refs earpiece FFS.

green with envy
05-10-2021, 08:30 AM
No chance.

Taken after he left the hun training ground after the game on Sunday. Silly bugger forgot to remove it.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2021, 08:31 AM
No chance.

Exactly, can't believe anyone thinks this is a real photo.

degenerated
05-10-2021, 08:58 AM
I don't think that's correct.He is a PE teacher at Boclair Academy, which is where rangers best 11 to 15 year olds are switched to. So perhaps not their under 16s coach but there is still a clear link between his employer and the Hun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milngavieherald.co.uk/news/rangers-fc-exciting-new-partnership-with-boclair-academy-2144937%3famp

Since90+2
05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
He is a PE teacher at Boclair Academy, which is where rangers best 11 to 15 year olds are switched to. So perhaps not their under 16s coach but there is still a clear link between his employer and the Hun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milngavieherald.co.uk/news/rangers-fc-exciting-new-partnership-with-boclair-academy-2144937%3famp

There's a very clear distinction between being a teacher at a school Rangers have a partnership with and being their under 16s coach.

I think Hibs at one point wanted to do something similar with Portobello. If that had happened I'd not describe a PE Teacher there as the coach of our under 16s.

The guy was a total joke on Sunday and serious questions need to be asked but it doesn't do us any favours when we try and embellish his relationship with Rangers (atleast not officially).

greenginger
05-10-2021, 09:29 AM
There's a very clear distinction between being a teacher at a school Rangers have a partnership with and being their under 16s coach.

I think Hibs at one point wanted to do something similar with Portobello. If that had happened I'd not describe a PE Teacher there as the coach of our under 16s.

The guy was a total joke on Sunday and serious questions need to be asked but it doesn't do us any favours when we try and embellish his relationship with Rangers (atleast not officially).

If he’s PE teacher at the school, he should be asked if he has any interactions with Rangers under 16 players or Rangers coaches who take the sessions.

Cant believe they don’t have discussions about the use of the facilities used by both the school pupils and the Rangers trainees.

Since452
05-10-2021, 09:34 AM
Sorry if it's already been spoken about, but if the appeal is unsuccessful, can his ban be extended? I vaguely remember this happening before.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2021, 09:40 AM
Sorry if it's already been spoken about, but if the appeal is unsuccessful, can his ban be extended? I vaguely remember this happening before.

I think it can be if it's deemed to have been a spurious appeal but it's unlikely.

He'll likely serve a 2 match ban if it's unsuccessful which I believe is the same length of ban he would have served if we hadn't appealed.

degenerated
05-10-2021, 09:40 AM

The guy was a total joke on Sunday and serious questions need to be asked but it doesn't do us any favours when we try and embellish his relationship with Rangers (atleast not officially).I didn't say he was an under 16 coach, I merely pointed out where he teaches.

If Hibs did do that with Portobello and one of their PE teachers happened to be a referee with a history of sending off our opponents players in almost every game he officiated over us then quite rightly people would look at that with a degree of suspicion.

brog
05-10-2021, 09:45 AM
The way I saw it was the referee was turning away from the incident and suddenly reached for the card. It was as if the assistant has said 'that's a red'.

It was probably Gerrard!

JimBHibees
05-10-2021, 09:46 AM

Someone could and have made it up I think. :greengrin

Since452
05-10-2021, 09:46 AM
I think it can be if it's deemed to have been a spurious appeal but it's unlikely.

He'll likely serve a 2 match ban if it's unsuccessful which I believe is the same length of ban he would have served if we hadn't appealed.

:aok:

BegbieHSC
05-10-2021, 09:52 AM
He is a PE teacher at Boclair Academy, which is where rangers best 11 to 15 year olds are switched to. So perhaps not their under 16s coach but there is still a clear link between his employer and the Hun.

He’s actually a Depute Head Teacher there too - in that position, you’d very likely at least have some relationship with the academy at Rangers.

I don’t want to sound like a moon-howling conspiracy theorist, but it strikes me as very…odd and surprising he’d get Rangers games given there are links which could end up being discussed on forums like this. Better to avoid surely?

Incidentally, Walsh has been the referee in some of our worst game experiences in recent years. He was ref for the league cup semi and the Scottish cup final last season. Our performance over his performance dictated the results of those fixtures, but he’s hardly a good luck charm for us.

A Hi-Bee
05-10-2021, 10:13 AM
Ha ha I happen to think that young Porto has got right inside that vacant vacuum of a heid that Slippy G has, he is messing wi his heid for sure and Slippy being the vindictive nasty bassa that he is is doing all he can to mess with this fine young Scottish Footbal player.
**** sevco and **** the huns, a special **** you to slippy G.
How can he stand in that ****hole called ipox listening to that crowd spout all the poison against his own religion, I find the double standards in the name of money amazing, so **** slippy G one more time.

duffers
05-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Which neither of them remotely did

Jack Ross: “it doesn’t look great”

Paul Hanlon: “you can see why he’s given it”

DanishJohn
05-10-2021, 10:33 AM
Ha ha I happen to think that young Porto has got right inside that vacant vacuum of a heid that Slippy G has, he is messing wi his heid for sure and Slippy being the vindictive nasty bassa that he is is doing all he can to mess with this fine young Scottish Footbal player.
**** sevco and **** the huns, a special **** you to slippy G.
How can he stand in that ****hole called ipox listening to that crowd spout all the poison against his own religion, I find the double standards in the name of money amazing, so **** slippy G one more time.

If you go onto Wiki it says he's not a Catholic.

Look at Early Life section and look at para 2 PE teacher at local school....That's the missing link to this mystery !! :agree:
Sorry, should have said conspiracy

Bishop Hibee
05-10-2021, 10:48 AM
In England, referees have to say which team they support and then they are not allowed to referee a game involving that team. In Scotland, we have a referee in Walsh who coaches Rangers players.

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2021, 11:00 AM

Such short interviews - I wish they had expanded on this.

JimBHibees
05-10-2021, 11:01 AM

No that is all they said then stormed off signing Hello Hello :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2021, 11:04 AM

Both shouldn't have said it though, even when they did expand on it. They should have said it was never a sending off, and that decision has cost us.

Concede nothing to those tossers.

Rumble de Thump
05-10-2021, 11:23 AM
It didn't look great. The Sevco player was pretending that contact had been made, which had seriously injured him. Of course, he hadn't been touched and was conning the ref. I'm not sure that particular ref needed to be conned anyway.

ancient hibee
05-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Both shouldn't have said it though, even when they did expand on it. They should have said it was never a sending off, and that decision has cost us.

So what do you think Ross meant when he said it wasn't a foul and that it was a pivotal moment in the game?

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2021, 11:30 AM
So what do you think Ross meant when he said it wasn't a foul and that it was a pivotal moment in the game?

He's 100% correct, its the bit before he should not have said.

05-10-2021, 11:42 AM
I think this thread shows a few things -

(1) Some football fans dont know how the appeal system works
(2) Some football fans dont know how the compliance officer is called into action

However, there is one thing on which we can all agree

(3) Gerrard is and always has been a wee ****

How is the Compliance Officer called into action? Bombard his inbox?

Apparently his email address is [email protected] but that was from Follow Follow so possibly not reliable.

lord bunberry
05-10-2021, 11:52 AM

Correct, his words will now be used by the huns as justification.

oneone73
05-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Correct, his words will now be used by the huns as justification.

Don't think the Huns are involved in the appeal though.
Not officially, at any rate.

Fuzzywuzzy
05-10-2021, 12:00 PM
https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/people/nick-walsh/

No suprise there has been a red card in all the rangers games he's reffed

lord bunberry
05-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Don't think the Huns are involved in the appeal though.
Not officially, at any rate.
True, but it’s maybe what prompted the hun managers criticism. He would’ve felt justified in saying what he said after hearing our manager and captain saying what they did.

NC1875
05-10-2021, 12:01 PM
I’m glad we’ve appealed it but we’re not winning any appeal that involves Rangers. They do what they want and the sfa won’t want to upset them.

Lago
05-10-2021, 12:17 PM
I’m glad we’ve appealed it but we’re not winning any appeal that involves Rangers. They do what they want and the sfa won’t want to upset them.
That's exactly right, if Ryan was to win his appeal it would be effectively calling out Slippy G as a liar, not going to happen I'm afraid.

Liam978
05-10-2021, 12:23 PM
https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/people/nick-walsh/

No suprise there has been a red card in all the rangers games he's reffed

Six red cards in the last 7 Hun games he has refereed , also this video that is doing the rounds with him coaching the rangers youth teams with the proverbial tracksuit on , if genuine should be presented to both authorities.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2021, 12:25 PM
Six red cards in the last 7 Hun games he has refereed , also this video that is doing the rounds with him coaching the rangers youth teams with the proverbial tracksuit on , if genuine should be presented to both authorities.

The tracksuit photo is fake.

Coco Bryce
05-10-2021, 12:34 PM
As a matter of interest.

How many Red and Yellow cards has Morelos had while at Rangers??

Bearing in mind the one's he should have got but didn't.

Iggy Pope
05-10-2021, 12:43 PM
As a matter of interest.

How many Red and Yellow cards has Morelos had while at Rangers??

Bearing in mind the one's he should have got but didn't.

Enough to convince me he hasn’t learned.

chippy
05-10-2021, 12:45 PM

if you’re right then the game in Scotland is done for

flash
05-10-2021, 12:48 PM
The tracksuit photo is fake.

As is the red card stat.

hibstag
05-10-2021, 12:50 PM

meanwhile skilfully avoiding a misconduct charge....

CMurdoch
05-10-2021, 12:54 PM

How would the SFA recinding the red card upset Rangers?
They have the 3 points from the game and no matter the outcome of the appeal they will still have the 3 points.

silverhibee
05-10-2021, 12:55 PM
He's 100% correct, its the bit before he should not have said.

How many times have you heard a manager after the game being asked about things and he says, “not had time to look at it again but from where I was standing it was never a foul never mind a red” then nicely go on to the next question, our manger and captain even though sticking up for him still put the boot in, say nothing and let the compliance officer deal with it, speak about the offside goal assault on Boyle and ref being influenced by the crowd but FFS don’t through our players under the bus.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2021, 12:55 PM
How many times have you heard a manager after the game being asked about things and he says, “not had time to look at it again but from where I was standing it was never a foul never mind a red” then nicely go on to the next question, our manger and captain even though sticking up for him still put the boot in, say nothing and let the compliance officer deal with it, speak about the offside goal assault on Boyle and ref being influenced by the crowd but FFS don’t through our players under the bus.
:top marks

Cod Boy
05-10-2021, 12:59 PM

Correct love him or hate him it wouldn’t have happened with Lennon in charge.

flash
05-10-2021, 01:08 PM

What would have happened?

Jones28
05-10-2021, 01:12 PM

We would’ve just had a cringey tirade after the game.

johncrobertson@
05-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Reports indicate that Walsh has a day job as a PE Teacher at an Academy with a link to Rangers. Surely this is a conflict of interest!

Cod Boy
05-10-2021, 01:29 PM
What would have happened?

Would have stood up for the player

05-10-2021, 01:33 PM
They have the 3 points from the game and no matter the outcome of the appeal they will still have the 3 points.

Do you seriously think Rangers or their fans won't have anything to say criticising the decision if it is rescinded?

Peevemor
05-10-2021, 01:33 PM
Would have stood up for the player

Or he might have had a Benny, given Porto the hairdryer treatment then disappeared in the huff for a week or so.

CMurdoch
05-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Do you seriously think Rangers or their fans won't have anything to say criticising the decision if it is rescinded?

Rangers have the points so don't think they would.
Gerrard would comment if asked directly what he thought about it which is likely. That is the point where Ross and Hibs would go into battle and might even start with the Lundstrom chat and footage
Rangers fans would obviously criticise the decision but what they think is as insignificant as folks ravings on here.

MWHIBBIES
05-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Neil Lennon publicly chucked players under the bus more than any other Hibs manager. A dreadful example.

Iggy Pope
05-10-2021, 02:43 PM
Neil Lennon publicly chucked players under the bus more than any other Hibs manager. A dreadful example.

Have to agree. Didn’t Lewis get blamed for a Lafferty goal at Tynecastle as he hadn’t checked his boots?
Kamberi was singled out for criticism regularly and he signed the ****!

Brightside
05-10-2021, 03:19 PM
Or he might have had a Benny, given Porto the hairdryer treatment then disappeared in the huff for a week or so.

Or got pished and not bothered turning up for training.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2021, 03:40 PM
How many times have you heard a manager after the game being asked about things and he says, “not had time to look at it again but from where I was standing it was never a foul never mind a red” then nicely go on to the next question, our manger and captain even though sticking up for him still put the boot in, say nothing and let the compliance officer deal with it, speak about the offside goal assault on Boyle and ref being influenced by the crowd but FFS don’t through our players under the bus.Nail, hammer, heid.

bigwheel
05-10-2021, 03:41 PM

Tbh they seem to produce an outraged statement if someone turns the wrong way in their car park …so I can only imagine they would be all over that decision …..

Pretty Boy
05-10-2021, 03:50 PM

Yep.

Neil Lennon lambasted referees, lied about not being backed by the Hibs board before retracting the comment and publicly crucified Hibs players all to preserve the reputation of Neil Lennon. By the end of his time here it had all become a bit of a circus and more and more people were seeing it for the deflection it was.

Tbh I largely agree with what Ross and Hanlon said, both in the little snippets posted in this thread and the wider interviews with context.

Hiber-nation
05-10-2021, 03:58 PM
I agree with JR and PH too but a wee comment from Jack along the lines of there were some strange decisions in the first half would have been welcome to let us know that he saw it as we did. No Lennon hysteria, just a reminder that he wasn't happy with the ref's performance.

gbhibby
05-10-2021, 04:03 PM
Michael Stewart is saying Lundstrum tackle is a red card.
Will the compliance officer take any action?
Michael Stewart is the only pundit who says it as it is.

WeeRussell
05-10-2021, 04:21 PM
At least it’s now taking 4 pages for a topic to bizarrely result in Jack Ross being criticised 🙄

Since452
05-10-2021, 04:33 PM

An absolute fruitcake of the highest order. Embarrassed himself and the club repeatedly.

hibsbollah
05-10-2021, 04:35 PM
At least it’s now taking 4 pages for a topic to bizarrely result in Jack Ross being criticised 🙄

…and Lennon. John Collins, Mixu, Harry Swan anyone?

number9dream
05-10-2021, 04:40 PM
Michael Stewart is saying Lundstrum tackle is a red card.
Will the compliance officer take any action?
Michael Stewart is the only pundit who says it as it is.

He said it was NOT a red card - and neither was Porto’s. He was comparing the two.

Crab apple
05-10-2021, 04:46 PM
He said it was NOT a red card - and neither was Porto’s. He was comparing the two.

Michael Stewart makes a very good point unlike the rabid rantings of Radio Clyde's Alex Rae who not surprisingly saw nothing untoward with Lundstram's 'tackle' on Doig but saw Porto's as a potential leg breaker.

tamig
05-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Michael Stewart makes a very good point unlike the rabid rantings of Radio Clyde's Alex Rae who not surprisingly saw nothing untoward with Lundstram's 'tackle' on Doig but saw Porto's as a potential leg breaker.

Impartiality will never come into things when Alex Rae is talking about the hun. For obvious reasons.

Keith_M
05-10-2021, 04:55 PM
Impartiality will never come into things when Alex Rae is talking about the hun. For obvious reasons.

Not sure what you mean

https://icdn.thecelticstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/290417_celtic_rangers_alex_rae_01-650x400.jpg

tamig
05-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Not sure what you mean

https://icdn.thecelticstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/290417_celtic_rangers_alex_rae_01-650x400.jpg

You can even tell by his face.

Peevemor
05-10-2021, 04:57 PM
You can even tell by his face.Does he have his head on the right way up?

jeffers
05-10-2021, 05:03 PM
For all the valid criticisms of Lennon (which I agree with) I doubt he would have kept quiet about the red card and the lack of action at Lundstram’s challenge, or the Barasic assault on Boyle. And him being him it would have got attention and probably comments from his pals in the media. As it stands the only thing getting any real attention is the Porteous red card.

Brightside
05-10-2021, 05:06 PM
There is some utter nonsense spouted on this thread. 😂 Tin Foil stuff.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Does he have his head on the right way up?To be fair, all those decades fighting various Dr. Who's was bound to have an effect on his faculties and appearance.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211005/0692cb3f1c72965aea705b2933700043.jpg

johncrobertson@
05-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Nick Walsh Rangers Coach ?

brog
05-10-2021, 05:55 PM

I'm now feeling cautiously optimistic about the appeal. I think Walsh may be getting boxed in. I can't see him going back and saying that Lundstram should have been sent off after 3 minutes. It will be easier for him to say Porto was 'reckless' and therefore should have been yellow.

Peevemor
05-10-2021, 06:01 PM
There is some utter nonsense spouted on this thread. [emoji23] Tin Foil stuff.Not just this thread. There's a psychosis that appears to be spreading across the board since Sunday afternoon. The place is unrecognisable.

SonOfDavidFrancey
05-10-2021, 06:08 PM
I’m in that minority. I think it’s a bit wild.

Peevemor
05-10-2021, 06:13 PM
I’m in that minority. I think it’s a bit wild.I'm not totally convinced that it merited a straight red card, but if the sending-off is confirmed it certainly won't be due to any pro-hun conspiracy.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Nick Walsh Rangers Coach ?

No it's a fake image.

This is the original - https://images.ctfassets.net/39646iezddpk/4lwaXmL8VRncYGBWHKL54s/a8016cca1b8530a1f656b166839e4722/Tom_Culshaw_26.JPG?fit=thumb&q=80&fl=progressive&w=1100

Iggy Pope
05-10-2021, 07:05 PM
Does he have his head on the right way up?

One of them only. You can’t see the 2nd in the photo.

lord bunberry
06-10-2021, 07:48 AM
When will the appeal be heard?

Sir David Gray
06-10-2021, 08:10 AM

At the end of the weekly Rangers board meeting.

number9dream
06-10-2021, 08:10 AM

It's today...

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

McSwanky
06-10-2021, 08:25 AM
It's today...

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Good spot. Hopefully a reprieve and a pre-prepared robust statement from the club soon after.

B.H.F.C
06-10-2021, 08:38 AM
Good spot. Hopefully a reprieve and a pre-prepared robust statement from the club soon after.

Don’t think it was a red but not getting my hopes up for it being overturned.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2021, 08:49 AM
Don’t think it was a red but not getting my hopes up for it being overturned.

Yep agreed.

I don't think there's any chance it will be overturned.

Hermit Crab
06-10-2021, 08:50 AM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1445672244269617157?s=20

Upheld

Northernhibee
06-10-2021, 08:50 AM
Yep agreed.

I don't think there's any chance it will be overturned.

Club just tweeted the appeal was unsuccessful.

ABZHFC
06-10-2021, 08:52 AM
"But VAR would fix it!!!!!!!"

Nope, never

Brightside
06-10-2021, 08:52 AM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1445672244269617157?s=20

Upheld

As expected. No chance it would be.

04Sauzee
06-10-2021, 08:56 AM
quelle surprise

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-10-2021, 08:59 AM
Total cowards.

500miles
06-10-2021, 09:00 AM
Was never going to get a chance after the furore that was manufactured around it.

BegbieHSC
Absolutely ridiculous. Most appeals are dismissed tbf. The panel are generally ex-referees, and it’s an auld boys club who’ll back each other up! Doesnt mean Porto should have been sent off.

**** the Huns and the SFA!

Diclonius
A complete joke, and totally unsurprising.

RossScott1991
06-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Quite excited to see Nathan Wood finally get a chance and play

Since452
06-10-2021, 09:06 AM
Was never going to be successful. I can still see why a red card was shown. Time to move on. Be interesting to see how Wood does.

Just_Jimmy
06-10-2021, 09:07 AM
As expected.

Bent

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2021, 09:07 AM
Not surprising. The big song and dance that the huns made meant it was unlikely. Some league this is, honestly. What chance have we got.

Steve20
06-10-2021, 09:09 AM
Was never going to be successful. I can still see why a red card was shown. Time to move on. Be interesting to see how Wood does.

Yes, because Rangers were losing.

If anyone genuinely thinks it was a red card, then I have no idea what they're watching.

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 09:09 AM
I haven't heard anything about retrospetive action being taken against any of the Sevco players. Football in Scotland has been a complete farce my whole lifetime and long before that. It showns no signs of ever becoming a fair competition.

Since452
06-10-2021, 09:11 AM

If anyone genuinely thinks it was a red card, then I have no idea what they're watching.

If it wasn't a red it would have been overturned.

Nicho87
06-10-2021, 09:12 AM
The panel who reviewed the incident

Steven Gerrard
Richard Gough
Broxi Bear

Sir David Gray
06-10-2021, 09:14 AM
Club just tweeted the appeal was unsuccessful.

Not a surprise - I hope the club are now preparing a press conference to defend its young player against the nasty bullying tactics of an opposition manager.

We need to come out fighting on this one.

SaulGoodman
06-10-2021, 09:15 AM

Thanks Nick

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2021, 09:16 AM
How much worse was it than this one? About 55 secs in.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/video/7497

Given as a red but downgraded to yellow on appeal.

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 09:17 AM

We're talking about an incident in a game involving Rangers - a club that ceased to exist a few years ago. That's what we're dealing with in Scottish football.

CMurdoch
06-10-2021, 09:18 AM
As expected. No chance it would be.

I didn't see the point of the appeal other than token support of the player or to send a subliminal message.
Would like to see the grounds the club submitted for the appeal.

flash
06-10-2021, 09:19 AM
I don't think it was worthy of a red card but a lot of people with no axe to grind against Hibs think it was.
This suggests it's not as massive an injustice that some would have you believe.
Can't help but think that if this red card had been in our favour against someone like Ross County the vast majority here would be in agreement with the decision.
What doesn't sit well with me far more than the referee or the appeal is Gerrard's remarks which he should be getting pulled up for.
I won't hold my breath.

Ozyhibby
06-10-2021, 09:22 AM
Not a surprise - I hope the club are now preparing a press conference to defend its young player against the nasty bullying tactics of an opposition manager.

I hope the club are sitting down with our young player and talking about how stupid and unnecessary that challenge was and maybe it’s time he started learning?
I think he was unlucky to get a red card but also that it was idiotic from Porteous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
06-10-2021, 09:23 AM

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
06-10-2021, 09:23 AM
It was never going to be overturned.

I don't think someone like Demrot Gallagher is part of any conspiracy against Hibs and he felt it was worthy of a sending off.

It was a foul, it was probably a yellow card, the ref has given a red and I'm not sure there were ever really grounds for that to be overturned.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:24 AM

What? And look like a bunch of pathetic whinging bairns?

The challenge was high and fast and the appeal panel obviously think it was excessive/dangerous.

Had Aribo not ridden the challenge he could easily have been injured. Gerrard's a dick and shouldn't be commenting on other teams' players, but he has the right to speak about specific incidents during matches and Ryan didn't covered himself in glory in this instance.

It's done - we should move on.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2021, 09:24 AM
I hope the club are sitting down with our young player and talking about how stupid and unnecessary that challenge was and maybe it’s time he started learning?
I think he was unlucky to get a red card but also that it was idiotic from Porteous.

Learning is different from learned. He is clearly learning. He is a much better footballer than 12 months ago.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Presume Lundstram is getting away with tackle, which made serious contact with Josh?

Brightside
06-10-2021, 09:26 AM
It has to be a clear and obvious error. It wasn’t. As other refs have commented. We may not like it but if a ref judges that as a red then It’s a red. Stay on your feet don’t give him a decision to make. It’s what all young defenders are coached. Time to move on.

Rumble de Thump

This is a massive problem that's been created for us. If our defenders are made to feel that winning the ball fairly without causing any kind of harm to an opponent is stupid, unnecessary and idiotic then we're totally stuffed.

Fuzzywuzzy
It would be interesting to see if the doig challenge was used as an example and whether anything will be done about it

Danderhall Hibs
It has to be a clear and obvious error. It wasn’t. As other refs have commented. We may not like it but if a ref judges that as a red then It’s a red. Stay on your feet don’t give him a decision to make. It’s want all young defenders are coached. Time to move on.

Is clear and obvious not the VAR rule?

Ozyhibby
06-10-2021, 09:27 AM
Learning is different from learned. He is clearly learning. He is a much better footballer than 12 months ago.

We’ll see. For me, he still goes to ground far to easily. Especially for a player with his pace. Having that kind of pace is no good if your on your backside.

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 09:27 AM

The challenge was high and fast and the appeal panel obviously think it was excessive/dangerous.

Had Aribo not ridden the challenge he could easily have been injured. Gerrard's a dick and shouldn't be commenting on other teams' players, but he has the right to speak about specific incidents during matches and Ryan didn't covered himself in glory in this instance.

Aribo didn't ride the challenge.

GreenCastle
06-10-2021, 09:29 AM
It was never going to be overturned.

I don't think someone like Demrot Gallagher is part of any conspiracy against Hibs and he felt it was worthy of a sending off.

It was a foul, it was probably a yellow card, the ref has given a red and I'm not sure there were ever really grounds for that to be overturned.

Dermot Gallagher and ref watch is one of the worst things on sky sports - rarely goes against the refs.

It was never going to be over turned - would have saved the £.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Aribo didn't ride the challenge.

He jumped when he saw Porto piling in - what would you call it?

Scottie
06-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Feigning injury thats what I'd call it cheating ******g scroat.

Pictures showed the challenge never even touched him.

Brightside
Is clear and obvious not the VAR rule?

For it to be overturn it has to be proven that it was a clear error from the ref.

CB Hibs 68
Dermot Gallagher and ref watch is one of the worst things on sky sports - rarely goes against the refs.

It was never going to be over turned - would have saved the £.

Hibs did the right thing and appeal.It was never a red card despite todays decision.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:37 AM
Feigning injury thats what I'd call it cheating ******g scroat

I agree he made a meal of it.

Perfect Hatrick
06-10-2021, 09:39 AM
I actually thought it was probably a red card. Maybe not a nailed on red card and one that if the player gets away with it I don't think all that much would be made of it, but I've no complaints with the decision, it was over the top of the ball, a bit dangerous and a bit reckless imo. I'm not surprised in the slightest that the appeal wasn't successful.

I would say though that the tackle on Doig was every bit as bad and that's where my anger with the referee lies. If Porteous is being sent off for his then their boy should have been sent off after what was it, 2 minutes?

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 09:40 AM

He didn't jump at all because he didn't need to, so I would call it falling over and conning the ref to get an opponent sent off.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:43 AM
He didn't jump at all because he didn't need to, so I would call it falling over and conning the ref to get an opponent sent off.

Oh come off it! I suppose Porto's studs weren't up either?

Brightside
06-10-2021, 09:44 AM

If he didnt need to why did he slide in? He made the wrong decision, and now he will miss 2 games.

Just_Jimmy
06-10-2021, 09:44 AM
If it wasn't a red it would have been overturned.I'm glad you have complete confidence in the impartiality of the Scottish footballing system.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

EI255
06-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Still don't agree with the decision.

We were up against the Lodges Lot though. What chance did we ever stand?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
06-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Still don't agree with the decision.

We were up against the Lodges Lot though. What chance did we ever stand?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The compliance officer at the game was a hun and there is even a petition to have him removed.

HH81
I still can't believe I saw a hibs fan betting on this before the game.

Never getting overturned after media rubbish since the tackle.

The foul on Josh doesn't seem to have been looked at either. Corruption.

neil7908
Disappointed but not surprised. I don't think it was a red and no surprise that with Sevco a goal down and struggling, the ref has given them a helping hand.

The question for me now is if that challenge had been Aribo on Porto, does anyone think the card would have been the same colour? The tackle on Doig was just as bad, if not worse, and a fat lot of nothing happened.

Scottish football is a joke. The sooner both of the OF **** off the better.

flash
06-10-2021, 09:48 AM
The compliance officer at the game was a hun and there is even a petition to have him removed.

This is getting ridiculous now.

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 09:48 AM
If he didnt need to why did he slide in? He made the wrong decision, and now he will miss 2 games.

Sorry. I don't understand the question. Are you talking about a different player?

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2021, 09:53 AM
For it to be overturn it has to be proven that it was a clear error from the ref.

Is it not that they look at the definition of the rule and decide between careless, reckless and dangerous? Referee decided dangerous on Sunday but most folk (including pundits) seem to be calling it reckless at worst. Reckless is a yellow card.

That's what seemed to happen last year when the Hamilton player was downgraded from red to yellow?

The Tubs
06-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Oh come off it! I suppose Porto's studs weren't up either?

He didn't need to jump because, by that point, Ryan's arse was in front of him and not his feet. There was no danger.

CentreLine
06-10-2021, 09:56 AM
No word of the The Rangers player being offered a two match ban for his foul on Doig then?
Who reports this stuff to the compliance officer?

staunchhibby
06-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Not surprised the appeal was dismissed.System is corrupt when you see what other incidents took place during the match.Blatant cheating by Walsh

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:58 AM
He didn't need to jump because, by that point, Ryan's arse was in front of him and not his feet. There was no danger.

That's not the case. He jumped before Ryan reached him.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Is it not that they look at the definition of the rule and decide between careless, reckless and dangerous? Referee decided dangerous on Sunday but most folk (including pundits) seem to be calling it reckless at worst. Reckless is a yellow card.

That's what seemed to happen last year when the Hamilton player was downgraded from red to yellow?

The rule doesn't speak about either - "just serious foul play"

In IFAB Laws of the Game, Serious Foul Play is defined as follows:-

“Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.”

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2021, 10:01 AM
The rule doesn't speak about either - "just serious foul play"

In IFAB Laws of the Game, Serious Foul Play is defined as follows:-

“Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.”

Brog (I think) posted the full passage the other day and it broke it down into the 3 I mentioned (i.e. foul no card, foul - yellow and foul - red).

If it doesn't how do they decide and how did they arrive at the decision of downgrading the boys tackle on Boyle from red to yellow?

The Tubs
06-10-2021, 10:03 AM

Being unnecessary is not the same as not doing something. If he hadn't jumped, he'd have kicked Ryan's arse.

500miles

Does he? Here he is running over porteous, by which point Ryan has won the ball and leg is flat on the deck.

Peevemor
Brog (I think) posted the full passage the other day and it broke it down into the 3 I mentioned (i.e. foul no card, foul - yellow and foul - red).

OK - but he was sent off for serious foul play, which isn't that unreasonable when you compare what happened with the wording of the rule I quoted.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2021, 10:04 AM

Nope because Steven Gerrard and certain others in the media have been spending the last three days vilifying one of our players and that's filled the back pages as a result.

Rightly or wrongly people then assume that's correct because that's the only angle that's being reported.

Hibs need to come out fighting for the sake of the reputation of our young player and not allow Gerrard to get away with his bully boy tactics. Whether Porteous deserved to be sent off or not (I happen to think not) this now goes beyond that and Gerrard needs to be called out for what he is.

Bishop Hibee
06-10-2021, 10:05 AM
I see Ryan Porteous is second on the list of tackles won in the Premiership this season with 15. Should be 16 of course.

https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/1445670990692773896?s=21

CMurdoch
06-10-2021, 10:08 AM
I don't think it was worthy of a red card but a lot of people with no axe to grind against Hibs think it was.
This suggests it's not as massive an injustice that some would have you believe.
Can't help but think that if this red card had been in our favour against someone like Ross County the vast majority here would be in agreement with the decision.
What doesn't sit well with me far more than the referee or the appeal is Gerrard's remarks which he should be getting pulled up for.
I won't hold my breath.

With the appeal over it's time to take stock.
There is definitely a nasty battle going on between Porteous and Rangers/Gerrard.
Whether folk on here agree or not Gerrard reckons Ryan is deliberately trying to injure their players given his tackles on Coulibaly, Barisic, Aribo and possibly Jack plus he mouthed of at him at ER.
I don't think there was any chance he was tagging Aribo on Saturday but Gerrard has made a big deal of it.
The incident last season where Morelos stood on Porteous was deliberate. There appears to have been a similar incident where Porteous deliberately stands on Ryan Jack and is grinning when he does it. Not sure which incident came first or if the Jack footage is for real but this feud needs dismantling.
What we have now is Rangers winding Porteous up during games as other teams did with Morelos.
If the Morelos push is what flamed Sunday's tackle Ryan needs to wise up because there will be more of that coming if they think he is easily got at.

J-C
06-10-2021, 10:09 AM
Appeal unsuccessful

Highwayman
06-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Felt in the wake of the barrage of criticism that Porteous was getting Hibs had to make an appeal against the red card.Never thought the appeal would succeed.

What puzzles me is the lack of consistency here.Last season during the Hamilton game at ER Jamie Hamilton got red carded for a challenge on Martin Boyle which if he had fully connected would have probably caused Boyle serious physical damage.On appeal the red card was rescinded.I am not naive enough to state we are comparing like with like here but it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

As a possible further problem for Porteous if surely he must be,Nathan Wood comes in against Dundee United and Aberdeen and performs well,does he keep his place at Porteous’ expense.

Call me cynical,but maybe one of the main reasons that Wood was brought in on loan,that JR and his crew thought it was only a matter of time before the red mists descended on Porto once again.

Rumble de Thump
06-10-2021, 10:13 AM
There is definitely a nasty battle going on between Porteous and Rangers/Gerrard.
Whether folk on here agree or not Gerrard reckons Ryan is deliberately trying to injure their players given his tackles on Coulibaly, Barisic, Aribo and possibly Jack plus he mouthed of at him at ER.
I don't think there was any chance he was tagging Aribo on Saturday but Gerrard has made a big deal of it.
The incident last season where Morelos stood on Porteous was deliberate. There appears to have been a similar incident where Porteous deliberately stands on Ryan Jack and is grinning when he does it. Not sure which incident came first or if the Jack footage is for real but this feud needs dismantling.
What we have now is Rangers winding Porteous up during games as other teams did with Morelos.
If the Morelos push is what flamed Sunday's tackle he needs to wise up because there will be more of that coming if they think he is easily got at.

I don't think for a second that Gerrard reckons Porteous is deliberately trying to injure Sevco's players. I think he wants other people to reckon that, particularly referees. So far, with the help of the media, it appears to be working for him.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2021, 10:17 AM
This is getting ridiculous now.

It's like there has been some kind of collective madness since the weekend.

People attacking an energy company and pretending to believe that horrific photoshop was an actual picture of Nick Walsh are personal highlights.

There is plenty real evidence of corruption in Scottish football without us resorting to just making stuff up.

wookie70
06-10-2021, 10:19 AM
How much worse was it than this one? About 55 secs in.

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/video/7497

Given as a red but downgraded to yellow on appeal.

That challenge was worse than Porteous as Boyler had to avoid the challenge. Airibo was already past before Ryan slid in imo. Shows how poor the consistency in refereeing is in Scotland

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Does he? Here he is running over porteous, by which point Ryan has won the ball and leg is flat on the deck.

So he's not getting his leg out the way of Ryan's studs here?

hibsbollah
06-10-2021, 10:25 AM
Appeal unsuccessful

That’s that then. At least we know where we stand.

Andy74
06-10-2021, 10:26 AM

No because you continue to focus on an angle where the view is misleading as to what is actually happening.

Jones28
06-10-2021, 10:29 AM
I see Ryan Porteous is second on the list of tackles won in the Premiership this season with 15. Should be 16 of course.

https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/1445670990692773896?s=21

That figure from Ali McCann is very impressive.

CMurdoch
06-10-2021, 10:29 AM
I don't think for a second that Gerrard reckons Porteous is deliberately trying to injure Sevco's players. I think he wants other people to reckon that, particularly referees. So far, with the help of the media, it appears to be working for him.

Did you think Morelos deliberately tried to injure Porteous last season?

gbhibby
06-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Has anything been done about Lundstrums tackle? If not why not. The compliance and appeals process is a waste of time. Ryan is a victim of the media and social media painting him as a "thug" etc etc. They are doing the same with Boyler. There have been a number of times when he is clearly fouled but not getting the decision. We move on. We have a media West Coast based who pander to the old firm.

Jones28
06-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Felt in the wake of the barrage of criticism that Porteous was getting Hibs had to make an appeal against the red card.Never thought the appeal would succeed.

What puzzles me is the lack of consistency here.Last season during the Hamilton game at ER Jamie Hamilton got red carded for a challenge on Martin Boyle which if he had fully connected would have probably caused Boyle serious physical damage.On appeal the red card was rescinded.I am not naive enough to state we are comparing like with like here but it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

As a possible further problem for Porteous if surely he must be,Nathan Wood comes in against Dundee United and Aberdeen and performs well,does he keep his place at Porteous’ expense.

Call me cynical,but maybe one of the main reasons that Wood was brought in on loan,that JR and his crew thought it was only a matter of time before the red mists descended on Porto once again.

I don’t think the management team were ever bringing a player in just in case porteous was to get suspended.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 10:31 AM
No because you continue to focus on an angle where the view is misleading as to what is actually happening.

Give up with the angles stuff. You keep referring to other angles which are less clear.

From the "worst" angle we can see that Ryan's boot is high, his leg is straight out, his studs are showing and he's moving at speed.

Wilson
06-10-2021, 10:34 AM
Ryan will need to be smarter in these high pressure games. That is the only thing that is clear. I hope amidst all the noise and opinion that is the one thing he takes away from this. He is a great player and we need him on the park.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 10:34 AM
Ryan will need to be smarter in these high pressure games. That is the only thing that is clear. I hope amidst all the noise and opinion that is the one thing he takes away from this. He is a great player and we need him on the park.

Correct.

Andy74
06-10-2021, 10:36 AM
Give up with the angles stuff. You keep referring to other angles which are less clear.

From the "worst" angle we can see that Ryan's boot is high, his leg is straight out, his studs are showing and he's moving at speed.

It is very relevant though and you keep showing pictures and talking about what you can see from it.

You can simply look from the other side and it confirms that what you think you see from the worst angle is misleading.

You are ignoring the actual evidence and relying on something that can easily be seen is a deceptive view.

WeeRussell
06-10-2021, 10:37 AM

Leaving aside who thinks it’s a red and who doesn’t and why..

In what way is the angle misleading? That photo looks as if both feet are off the ground and his leading leg ends up over the top of the ball. Was that not actually the case?

CentreLine
06-10-2021, 10:38 AM
Decision made. We move on.
We’ve always known we get nothing from referees in games against the two cheeks. It’s not going to change so we need to counter it by highlighting every time they are treated differently.
I sincere hope that has included reporting the tackle on Doig that went unpunished

Never been a big fan of the VAR thing but now wholly behind it. No reason that the person at the other end of VAR can’t be at the other side of the world if necessary. That would upset the Orcs and lesser greens

McSwanky
06-10-2021, 10:42 AM
With the dust settled, I can see why the Porteous challenge could be given as a red. I still don't think it was a red, but once it's been given, I guess there's no ground for overturning the decision as it isn't a 'clear error of judgement.'

The main issue for me here is the double standards that have been applied again. A challenge by a Rangers player that is at least as bad has gone completely unpunished, yet Hibs had to play a large part of that game with 10 men. There's no consistency between the two decisions, and Hibs have been completely disadvantaged due to that lack of consistency.

If VAR is just going to be managed by the same refereeing teams as are currently out on the park, it's going to make no difference whatsoever.

The lack of Hibs fans at Ibrox, by the way, is also a factor here. With Hibs fans in the stadium, the ref may have felt a little more pressure to do something with the Lundstrom challenge.

I'd love to see an analysis of The Rangers' and Celtc's disciplinary record in Europe compared with their domestic disciplinary record - including the number of cards given against their opponents. Could make some interesting reading.

wookie70
06-10-2021, 10:45 AM

In what way is the angle misleading? That photo looks as if both feet are off the ground and his leading leg ends up over the top of the ball. Was that not actually the case?

None of that means it is a red. If Aribo has already passed, which is my view, he is not being endangered so it wouldn't be a red. The challenges on Doig and Boyle on the other hand clearly do endanger them. They were violent and made contact. However as they never had blue tops on the rule didn't apply

bingo70
06-10-2021, 10:49 AM

Not necessarily on this point but more generally, still photos of incidents are slowly creeping up there as my biggest pet hate in football along side people tempting fate and folk that are late.

Still photos don’t provide an accurate reflection of an incident, the angles and the timing of how things happen in real team are out of context when a still photo is used.

I’m not sure I’ve explained that well but I know what I mean. There’s been a number of incidents I’ve seen since VAR that a still photo from a certain angle looks bad but in real time it’s not a bad challenge at all.

TBH I find the whole Porteous debate quite boring now, I didn’t think it was a red at the time, I still don’t. If no red was given, he would have been getting praised for a brilliant tackle.

I also don’t think Lundstroms was a red card but if Porteous was, then so was his and while I didn’t actually remember that incident at the time, my biggest bug bear on Sunday was that if a hun made the same challenge, there’s not a chance he would have got a red card for it. That point has now been proven.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories and I don’t think referees go out to cheat, I think they know though that if there’s any bad decisions go against Rangers then it’s a disaster for their reputation and that causes them to give Rangers the benefit of the doubt, I would like to think subconsciously.

**** it though, is what it is, great opportunity for Wood to show what he can do.

I hope Ross puts Gerrard in his place and told not to speak so disrespectfully about our players again. I don’t think he will though as he probably just wants to move on as well now.

500miles
06-10-2021, 10:50 AM

He's nowhere near contact there. How far away does he need to be? His own half?

Perfect Hatrick
06-10-2021, 10:52 AM
With the dust settled, I can see why the Porteous challenge could be given as a red. I still don't think it was a red, but once it's been given, I guess there's no ground for overturning the decision as it isn't a 'clear error of judgement.'

The main issue for me here is the double standards that have been applied again. A challenge by a Rangers player that is at least as bad has gone completely unpunished, yet Hibs had to play a large part of that game with 10 men. There's no consistency between the two decisions, and Hibs have been completely disadvantaged due to that lack of consistency.

If VAR is just going to be managed by the same refereeing teams as are currently out on the park, it's going to make no difference whatsoever.

The lack of Hibs fans at Ibrox, by the way, is also a factor here. With Hibs fans in the stadium, the ref may have felt a little more pressure to do something with the Lundstrom challenge.

I'd love to see an analysis of The Rangers' and Celtc's disciplinary record in Europe compared with their domestic disciplinary record - including the number of cards given against their opponents. Could make some interesting reading.

Agree with all of this.

As to your last point, the latter will be skewed in that they dominate games in Scotland to the point that they don't need to put in as many challenges, last ditch challenges etc as other teams. However, that point will be totally overplayed by anyone doing an analysis of it and wouldn't make up for the huge difference in these numbers. You can guarantee that the difference in the numbers would be absolutely huge.

Brightside
06-10-2021, 10:52 AM
It is very relevant though and you keep showing pictures and talking about what you can see from it.

You can simply look from the other side and it confirms that what you think you see from the worst angle is misleading.

You are ignoring the actual evidence and relying on something that can easily be seen is a deceptive view.

If one angle out of 100 makes it look a dangerous tackle then it will be a red.

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2021, 10:55 AM
If one angle out of 100 makes it look a dangerous tackle then it will be a red.

I don't think dangerous is used in the law - it's excessive force, which in the main is difficult to prove from a screen grab.

Peevemor
06-10-2021, 10:55 AM
He's nowhere near contact there. How far away does he need to be? His own half?

Depends on the speed that they're both going.

gbhibby
06-10-2021, 10:57 AM
Depends on the speed that they're both going.
Need to give it a rest. Your going into I am right and you are wrong mode again.

Brightside
06-10-2021, 10:59 AM
I don't think dangerous is used in the law - it's excessive force, which in the main is difficult to prove from a screen grab.

Im talking about the video links tbh... totally agree on the screen grab point. The video from behind the goals does look out of control and thats the problem.