PDA

View Full Version : Hearts take initiative to lodge official complaint over Ibrox/Parkhead lockout.

Carheenlea
02-10-2021, 10:53 AM
I applaud Hearts for making this step, but I feel we should have taken the lead here before just accepting our fans would be locked out Ibrox tomorrow.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-lodge-formal-complaint-with-spfl-over-away-fan-lockouts-at-rangers-and-celtic-3405016

Less said the better mind you about Neilson’s claim of Hearts having some kind of huge support across the whole country :lolyam:

Since452
02-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Well done Hearts and Motherwell.

Keith_M
02-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Indeed, well done Hearts.

But what was Nelson rabbiting on about with claims of their almost universal support? What a numpty.

linlithgowhibbie
02-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Indeed, well done Hearts.

But what was Nelson rabbiting on about with claims of their almost universal support? What a numpty.

400,000 have to live/exist somewhere!

Bostonhibby
02-10-2021, 11:12 AM
Good for them.

Looks like being some draft strongly worded letter.....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

neil7908
02-10-2021, 11:15 AM
400,000 have to live/exist somewhere!

True. 20,000 in the real world, 380,000 in their imaginations.

MartinfaePorty
02-10-2021, 11:27 AM
This is purely my speculation, but I think because they are fan-owned now they will be under more pressure to make this sort of thing public, whereas Hibs have probably expressed the same opinion 'behind the scenes'. Does anyone know if the 'red zone' still exists under the new vaccine passport rules?

greenginger
02-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Y
Good for them.

Looks like being some draft strongly worded letter.....

Is it worded by someone with incisive legal acumen or maybe by a conveyancing hack ? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-10-2021, 12:00 PM
Well done to the pair of them, we should have added our name to the complaint.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2021, 12:00 PM
This is purely my speculation, but I think because they are fan-owned now they will be under more pressure to make this sort of thing public, whereas Hibs have probably expressed the same opinion 'behind the scenes'. Does anyone know if the 'red zone' still exists under the new vaccine passport rules?

Yeah it does.

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 12:05 PM

It's no coincidence that it is the two fan owned teams who are token complaining about this issue.
The other clubs are private businesses so would only really be bothered if it was costing them money which it isn't.

Bostonhibby
02-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Y

Is it worded by someone with incisive legal acumen or maybe by a conveyancing hack ? :greengrinWhat I was hoping for was one of those mrs doctor Budge style Sermon from the Mount type missives.

That would make the authorities really sit up and take notice. Like the time her task force simultaneously saved Scottish football and stopped the team that was bottom of the league from being relegated and winning all that compensation.

For what it's worth, if the deeds are equal to the words, good on Hearts and anyone else who takes a stance here.

The Harp Awakes
02-10-2021, 12:48 PM
It's no coincidence that it is the two fan owned teams who are token complaining about this issue.
The other clubs are private businesses so would only really be bothered if it was costing them money which it isn't.

Good post and sums it up in a nutshell. That aside, over the years Hibs always seem to keep a low profile on issues like these, at least publicly.

I'd like to see us being more vocal and speaking out, particularly when we're on the receiving end of Rangers and Celtic's actions of self interest.

hibsbollah
02-10-2021, 12:52 PM
It’s beyond belief that they can get away with unilaterally giving themselves an unfair competitive advantage without the league doing anything about it. Like the financial advantage they have isn’t enough for them.

But Neilson is an embarrassment. Serious ‘wee man’ syndrome.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Hearts CEO now on Sportsound

jacomo
02-10-2021, 01:06 PM

We are trying the good cop approach with the OF, Ben recently saying that relationships off the field are good.

It won’t work, but I guess he’s new to Scottish fitba and still learning the ropes.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2021, 01:14 PM
Hearts hopeful of gaining agreement with Rangers, for away tickets for their game at Ibrox of the 16th October

Glory Lurker
02-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Kudos to the jambos (and Motherwell).

I'm away for a sit down.

cabbageandribs1875
02-10-2021, 01:17 PM
i thought hearts fans usually just sit in the home ends at ibrox anyway, same the reverse fixtures at Tinycastle, when did they start segregation

green day
02-10-2021, 01:17 PM
I applaud Hearts for making this step, but I feel we should have taken the lead here before just accepting our fans would be locked out Ibrox tomorrow.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-lodge-formal-complaint-with-spfl-over-away-fan-lockouts-at-rangers-and-celtic-3405016

Less said the better mind you about Neilson’s claim of Hearts having some kind of huge support across the whole country :lolyam:

I am unclear about what an "official" complaint is / achieves? In my opinion absolutely nothing.

There are laid down rules relating to allowing in away fans - and if there is disagreement between clubs on allocation, it is then up to the SPFL to arbitrate..........and afaik their decision is final.

My guess is a decision has been made.

While I think what Rangers and Celtic are doing is stupid and petty, if you know the rules then making a complaint seems like a PR stunt.

Mikey_1875
02-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Hearts hopeful of gaining agreement with Rangers, for away tickets for their game at Ibrox of the 16th October

It’ll be fairly disappointing if they can get tickets by complaining and we haven’t.

wookie70
02-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Their CEO said they were close to an agreement with the The Thes. What that will be remains to be seen but at least they made the effort.

EI255
02-10-2021, 01:29 PM
It’ll be fairly disappointing if they can get tickets by complaining and we haven’t.Old pals act.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

green day
02-10-2021, 01:33 PM
Their CEO said they were close to an agreement with the The Thes. What that will be remains to be seen but at least they made the effort.

Do you think that Hibs didnt "make the effort"?

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 01:36 PM
Hearts CEO now on Sportsound v

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Hearts CEO now on Sportsound

He came across very well.
Calm and level headed.
A big step up from Mrs B's ramblings.

LunasBoots
02-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Pretty ridiculous if they are allowed in and no other away fans are, other teams should now come together and lodge a complaint

where'stheslope
02-10-2021, 01:41 PM
For the amount of tickets clubs receive from both the Old Firm teams its hardly worth the bother!
But in fairness, every away club should receive some tickets for their fans!!!
I think Cup games have a limited amount that they must offer, but nothing in league games?
Typical Scottish football ruling? Strange!!!

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 01:48 PM
Pretty ridiculous if they are allowed in and no other away fans are, other teams should now come together and lodge a complaint

You are commenting and thinking as a supporter.
There is no money in having this decision changed so club owners are not bothered.
Hearts and Motherwell are different, they are fan owned teams so their stance is different and they can be levered by their fans to make a token complaint.

FWIW I can see changes being made to the red zones which currently appear to be unnecessarily large.

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2021, 02:30 PM
FWIW I can see changes being made to the red zones which currently appear to be unnecessarily large.

That's possibly a decision for holyrood rather than the Hampden mafia though.

bod
02-10-2021, 02:32 PM

As soon as it was announced that the 1st club were refused away supporters then all the teams should’ve joined together.

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2021, 02:33 PM
As soon as it was announced that the 1st club were refused away supporters then all the teams should’ve joined together.

Was the first club not Celtc, who then returned the favour?

Joe6-2
02-10-2021, 02:43 PM
We definitely should have complained, if we didn’t.
But the the’s get to do whatever the hell they want, twisted b******

Andy74
02-10-2021, 02:54 PM
There is no money in having this decision changed so club owners are not bothered.
Hearts and Motherwell are different, they are fan owned teams so their stance is different and they can be levered by their fans to make a token complaint.

The fan owned angle here is total nonsense.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Well done Hearts.

Can only imagine we didn’t want this to become a distraction - other clubs seem to revel and thrive on that.

Carheenlea
02-10-2021, 04:26 PM

It’s a bit late for that - hundreds of regular travelling Hibs fans who would have loved to have supported the team at Ibrox on Sunday have been denied that opportunity.

We should have led the way in this. Even if we were still to be denied tickets at least publicly expressing our displeasure would have started the ball rolling.

green day
02-10-2021, 04:31 PM
It’s a bit late for that - hundreds of regular travelling Hibs fans who would have loved to have supported the team at Ibrox on Sunday have been denied that opportunity.

We should have led the way in this. Even if we were still to be denied tickets at least publicly expressing our displeasure would have started the ball rolling.

We have done.

I read a piece in the Daily Record interviewing Jack Ross on this subject where he said it wsn not good for the game and you would just get tit for tat retaliation - and saying that he didnt want to go down that route, but that was his opinion, not speaking for the club.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2021, 04:38 PM

Couldn’t have put it better myself, Carheenlea
Gone down with a whimper it seems

Stonewall
02-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Couldn’t have put it better myself, Carheenlea
Gone down with a whimper it seems

Didn’t waste our time making futile and pointless complaints more like.

Henderson2Del
02-10-2021, 05:15 PM

We don’t seem to learn that many things needs to be aired and not kept ‘behind the scenes’

Carheenlea
02-10-2021, 06:50 PM
Didn’t waste our time making futile and pointless complaints more like.

A sense of duty on behalf of the travelling support who have been relied upon for many years to back the club on the road in good times and bad.

We don’t seem to learn that many things needs to be aired and not kept ‘behind the scenes’

Bang on. Even if outcome was to be be same tomorrow regardless, it’s the standing up for ourselves that counts here. We’ve now left this to Hearts.

Andy74
02-10-2021, 08:32 PM
I see there’s no room for away fans but they are welcoming 200 members of the armed services to the game for armed services day.

wookie70
02-10-2021, 09:13 PM
I see there’s no room for away fans but they are welcoming 200 members of the armed services to the game for armed services day.That is ridiculous. When will the league grow a pair

jgl07
02-10-2021, 09:21 PM
This sums up Scottish football perfectly.

Pandering to the Old Firm as ever. At least Hearts seem to be trying to do something. Unless action is taken, is there a future for Scottish football. Maybe that’s what the despicable duo are after? Bust the SPFL and their case to join the EPL (or other?) might be stronger.

Crunchie
02-10-2021, 09:30 PM
That is ridiculous. When will the league grow a pair
I very much doubt there will be any security concerns with them.

O'Rourke3
02-10-2021, 09:31 PM
I see there’s no room for away fans but they are welcoming 200 members of the armed services to the game for armed services day.Given the flag waving from the club, this will be "free" seats that are normally on sale for home walk ups. No ST holder is being moved into the crap seats at either ground. These are being sold to non ST holders.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

02-10-2021, 09:48 PM

I can see what'll happen. The red zone rules will change to make them smaller. Rangers will then say to Hearts you can have some fans in. Hearts will claim their complaint has worked. Jambo fans will fall for it hook, line and sinker and think Budge and the golf guy are miracle workers.

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 09:59 PM
The fan owned angle here is total nonsense.

No it's not.
What have the 2 teams that have complained got in common?
What have the 8 teams that have not complained got in common?

Andy74
02-10-2021, 10:25 PM
No it's not.
What have the 8 teams that have not complained got in common?

Yeah that’s nonsense too.

Bostonhibby
02-10-2021, 10:46 PM
No it's not.
What have the 8 teams that have not complained got in common?Steven Craigan quite likes the two and Motherwell but hates everyone else?

I'll get my coat.........

CMurdoch
03-10-2021, 01:55 AM
Yeah that’s nonsense too.

Okay Mr Perceptive.
What is your explanation for the two fan owned clubs being the only ones to complain?
This i must hear.

Andy74
03-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Okay Mr Perceptive.
What is your explanation for the two fan owned clubs being the only ones to complain?
This i must hear.

What’s your evidence that it has anything to do with it?

Your suggestion that only fan owned clubs understand the feelings of fans is ridiculous.

Hearts have also been pretty clear that nothing at all has changed or will change in how they make decisions. The same people are managing the club.

You are trying to make a link that just isn’t there.

Andy74
03-10-2021, 09:21 AM
Given the flag waving from the club, this will be "free" seats that are normally on sale for home walk ups. No ST holder is being moved into the crap seats at either ground. These are being sold to non ST holders.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I thought the whole point was that the red zones are displacing season ticket holders that need to be accommodated somewhere and the away sections are the only places available to use?

Since452
03-10-2021, 09:24 AM
Rangers have 45k season ticket holders. Their capacity is 51k. That's 6k seats available. Surely the can accommodate their usual 700 away fans somewhere even with their red zone?

CMurdoch
03-10-2021, 10:25 AM
What’s your evidence that it has anything to do with it?
Covered in my previous post. Not evidence as such but fact about who is and is who not complaining

Your suggestion that only fan owned clubs understand the feelings of fans is ridiculous.
I am not suggesting that. I would be very surprised if any of the clubs are much bothered given this decision is not losing them money. However, the fan owned clubs arms are being gently twisted by their fans and they are responding by making a token complaint. It's not a coincidence.

Hearts have also been pretty clear that nothing at all has changed or will change in how they make decisions. The same people are managing the club.
That will be the case for business decisions over which they will inevitably have fall outs with their fan owners in the future but this issue is not worth such an argument. Much easier to chap out a token letter of complaint to keep the fan owners onside.

You are trying to make a link that just isn’t there.
If money was being lost by the other clubs by this Old Firm decision the noises of complaint from the 10 other clubs including ours would be deafening. However, there is no money at stake so the private owners are not bothered enough to complain about a few fans not getting to give money to another club. The difference between ALL of the complainers and ALL of the non complainers ownership status is obvious. If it barks like a dog, it's a dog.

Hibs owners decisions will always be money driven. Supporters unrelated anger will generally be ignored. The good news from that is the current long waits at the food kiosks will be sorted out.

Peevemor
03-10-2021, 10:28 AM
If money was being lost by the other clubs by this Old Firm decision the noises of complaint from the 10 other clubs including ours would be deafening. However, there is no money at stake so the owners are not bothered enough to complain about a few fans nt getting to go to another teams ground. The difference between the complainers and non complainers ownership status is obvious. If it barks like a dog, it's a dog.
I think it's more likely to be a coincidence, at least on Hearts' part.

CMurdoch
03-10-2021, 10:37 AM

Are you trying to say they have become accustomed to complaining about everything :wink:.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...celtic-3405016 (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-lodge-formal-complaint-with-spfl-over-away-fan-lockouts-at-rangers-and-celtic-3405016)

I notice the headline is
"Hearts Lodge formal complaint"
Told you they were all masons!

Andy74
03-10-2021, 10:49 AM

They are also the last and next teams to have played at Ibrox, other than us.

A made up proposition based on the nonsense notion that only fan owned clubs take fans into account.

HH81
03-10-2021, 10:55 AM
Rangers have 45k season ticket holders. Their capacity is 51k. That's 6k seats available. Surely the can accommodate their usual 700 away fans somewhere even with their red zone?

They can but just don't want to so use the red zone as an excuse.

monarch
03-10-2021, 01:36 PM
Replay Robbie fantasising in his quote to the EEN. When they played at Queen of the South he claims that Hearts supporters travelled from all over Dumfries and Galloway, and the North of England to attend. Rubbish, the game was played during the pandemic and no spectators were present.
Not like them to exaggerate their bigliness to underline their massive insecurity.

O'Rourke3
03-10-2021, 01:41 PM
I thought the whole point was that the red zones are displacing season ticket holders that need to be accommodated somewhere and the away sections are the only places available to use?OK, I'm guessing. Displacing doesn't mean a straight one for one. If I had the choice of pushing ST holders out their prime seats, I d be using the best left over seats first, leaving the away corridor for walk ups. If the seats behind the pillar at Celtic Park are better than seats not used by a ST, they must be awful. I'd guess if those seats were already sold weeks in advance. Looking at the pictures from the games so far, the away bit isn't heaving.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk