PDA

View Full Version : Boyle’s goal celebration

lord bunberry
26-09-2021, 09:04 PM
I noticed that the keeper was trying to put him off by standing at the side of the goal having a drink of water. I didn’t see it properly but it looked like Boyle grabbed the water bottle and had a drink as he was celebrating.

Skol
26-09-2021, 09:05 PM
Spot on. Brilliant

Northernhibee
26-09-2021, 09:09 PM
You expect him to score penalties now but his minor wind ups in his celebrations are fantastic.

Key West
26-09-2021, 09:11 PM
I noticed that the keeper was trying to put him off by standing at the side of the goal having a drink of water. I didn’t see it properly but it looked like Boyle grabbed the water bottle and had a drink as he was celebrating.

It was a brilliant response.

JimBHibees
26-09-2021, 09:12 PM
It was a brilliant response.

Yep thought that was superb. Well done Boyler

26-09-2021, 09:20 PM
There's been a fair bit of gamesmanship lately, trying to put Boyle off by delaying the penalty. Boyle to his credit doesn't let it bother him but refs should clamping down on by dishing out yellow cards.

Brooster
26-09-2021, 09:20 PM
Brilliant. I thought the keeper could've got to it had he not taken on so much water!!

Helensburghhibs
26-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Goalie took a chunk out of the penalty spot in the buildup as well

hibeejeebies
26-09-2021, 09:28 PM

Missed that. Beautiful 😂

Irish_Steve
26-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Sometimes I just wish that the ref would let the penalty taker shot if he was ready - after all, you are allowed to take a quick free kick if you ask the ref. Would have been funny AF if Boyler just whacked the ball into the net as Clark was swigging water at the side of the goal

vuefrom1875
26-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Spot on. Brilliant

Loved it, another monkey of the back, wasn't great viewing, but Hey Ho good to horse Aberdeen s wee c ousins 😂😂😂

Carheenlea
26-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Goalie took a chunk out of the penalty spot in the buildup as well

Martin Boyle smoothed it back down fortunately before sticking it away!

Pretty Boy
27-09-2021, 06:56 AM
Their keeper is a weapon.

He probably should have saved the penalty given the hand he got on it so I was delighted he didn't. The mind games didn't work and it was beautiful to see Boyle taking the piss so blatantly.

Mon Dieu4
27-09-2021, 07:23 AM
Goalie looked way off his line when it was taken, if it hadn't gone in I'd have been raging if the linesman didn't pull him up for it and let us take it again

green day
27-09-2021, 07:26 AM
Zander Clarke is a decent shotstopper, but still cant believe hes in the scotland squad.

As for his antics, poor poor stuff.

Keith_M
27-09-2021, 07:40 AM
This is becoming pretty common now. Last time it was the St Mirren player deciding to tie his shoe laces in the box for two minutes.

These people should be getting booked.

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 08:58 AM
Goalie looked way off his line when it was taken, if it hadn't gone in I'd have been raging if the linesman didn't pull him up for it and let us take it again

Yes thought he clearly encroached.

Ryan91
27-09-2021, 09:06 AM
Sometimes I just wish that the ref would let the penalty taker shot if he was ready - after all, you are allowed to take a quick free kick if you ask the ref. Would have been funny AF if Boyler just whacked the ball into the net as Clark was swigging water at the side of the goal

This was mentioned among our group walking back from the game, a ref would only need to do it once and keepers around the league would stop mucking around.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2021, 09:07 AM
This was mentioned among our group walking back from the game, a ref would only need to do it once and keepers around the league would stop mucking around.

And if they save when they are off their line, we get to retake it and the goalie gets booked

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 09:23 AM

He was an inch or two at most. New rule is only one foot needs to be on or above. His front foot was well in front but his back foot was pretty much on the line.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2021, 09:37 AM
Brilliant. I thought the keeper could've got to it had he not taken on so much water!!

:faf:

:top marks

Valencia
27-09-2021, 09:47 AM
Stamping on the penalty spot before the kick was taken should have been a booking.

Kato
27-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Stamping on the penalty spot before the kick was taken should have been a booking.Come on man, you can't expect the officials to know all the laws of the game.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
27-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Needs to be a rule that once the ref has done his admin of it then the attacking team are allowed to take the penalty within fifteen seconds of the ball being placed on the spot. Allows defenders to clear the box. If the keeper is having a drink or being clever, tough luck.

Feed McGraw
27-09-2021, 11:09 AM
Sometimes I just wish that the ref would let the penalty taker shot if he was ready - after all, you are allowed to take a quick free kick if you ask the ref. Would have been funny AF if Boyler just whacked the ball into the net as Clark was swigging water at the side of the goal Ha, I shouted " Take it now " as the goalie
was mucking about with his water 😄.

overdrive
27-09-2021, 12:01 PM
He should have done it right in the keeper's face. Though, Beaton would probably book Boyle, knowing him.

Eyrie
27-09-2021, 06:44 PM
Needs to be a rule that once the ref has done his admin of it then the attacking team are allowed to take the penalty within fifteen seconds of the ball being placed on the spot. Allows defenders to clear the box. If the keeper is having a drink or being clever, tough luck.

And if any of the defenders are still tying their laces in the box, the penalty can be retaken if missed.

Hibiza
27-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Superb Martin.

Northernhibee
28-09-2021, 11:04 AM
And if any of the defenders are still tying their laces in the box, the penalty can be retaken if missed.

Yep, load it in favour of the attacking team.

Forza Fred
28-09-2021, 11:55 AM
You should see his breakdancing celebration for the Socceroos on FIFA 22!

easty
28-09-2021, 12:01 PM
I quite like a keeper trying to noise up the penalty taker before he takes it. Wee bit of entertainment.

Obviously when it's against us though, I think the keeper is a prick, and I want him booked/sent off/booted in the baws.

WeeRussell
29-09-2021, 09:37 PM
Seeing as I’m quite comfortable with Conrad Logan’s patter during penalties a few years back, I’ll keep any opinions to myself on gamesmanship from others towards us 😁

Just keep putting them away Boyle, and they can take a JCB to the spot beforehand as far as I’m concerned.