PDA

View Full Version : NHC Safe Standing In English Top Tiers

Keith_M
22-09-2021, 05:50 PM
English Premier League and Championship clubs are going to be allowed to trial Safe Standing areas from January 1st.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/22/premier-league-and-championship-clubs-to-trial-safe-standing-from-january

BILLYHIBS
22-09-2021, 05:52 PM
English Premier League and Championship clubs are going to be allowed to trial Safe Standing areas from January 1st.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/22/premier-league-and-championship-clubs-to-trial-safe-standing-from-january
Alcohol anaw

Keith_M
22-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Alcohol anaw

Wow, I didn't realise that.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2021, 06:32 PM
I’m quite happy with my seat in the East, thank you very much

Pretty Boy
22-09-2021, 06:41 PM
Good.

The brilliant thing about modern stadiums is most of them will have the flexibility to offer something for everyone. This who want to stand will now be able to do so without inconveniencing those who prefer to sit.

Lancs Harp
22-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Good.

The brilliant thing about modern stadiums is most of them will have the flexibility to offer something for everyone. This who want to stand will now be able to do so without inconveniencing those who prefer to sit.

Totally agree

Antifa Hibs
22-09-2021, 07:52 PM
I’m quite happy with my seat in the East, thank you very much

And your point is?

Its crazy its taken this long for safe standing in England when almost every away support stands and most home grounds have large numbers stood also.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2021, 08:11 PM

Man City already have it is the South stand lower sections for both home and away fans.

04Sauzee
22-09-2021, 10:24 PM
Hibs looking at safe standing.
Wonder where it will be and how many safe standing spaces will be available

Renfrew_Hibby
23-09-2021, 06:57 AM
How does this new safe standing proposal differ to what's already in place at Tottenham or Wolves ect where they have rail seating, how is it physically different?
Is it just open terracing as opposed to rail seating?

Since90+2
23-09-2021, 07:23 AM
How does this new safe standing proposal differ to what's already in place at Tottenham or Wolves ect where they have rail seating, how is it physically different?

It would be rail seating. I doubt you'd get safety sign off for open terracing.

Keith_M
23-09-2021, 01:15 PM

I think some clubs pre-empted the league's decision for this but, as I understand it,they're not officially allowed to use them for standing until Jan 1st.