PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Northernhibee
21-09-2021, 02:34 PM
Sixteen years today since he made his first team debut for Hibs against Ayr United.

A phenomenal achievement considering he's still an important member of the first team squad.

Happy anniversary super Lewie :flag:

bigwheel
21-09-2021, 02:45 PM
Absolute outstanding professional….delighted to have him as part of our club [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

JGS56
21-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Sixteen years today since he made his first team debut for Hibs against Ayr United.

A phenomenal achievement considering he's still an important member of the first team squad.

I was at that game, and I must admit when I saw him playing at left back he looked so small, so I did not think he would have much of a career. Just shows you how little I know about what makes a good footballer.

I just hope he can carry on being an important part of the squad.

I also wonder, how many footballers have spent 16 years with one club - cannot be many.

H18 SFR
21-09-2021, 02:53 PM
He played well that night, just kept it cool and played the same ball down the line all night if I remember correctly.

jacomo
21-09-2021, 02:55 PM
16 years for our number 16.

Fabulous record.

truehibernian
21-09-2021, 03:08 PM
As he moves away from first team football, and depending on his appetite to continue playing, I’d hope if/when he hangs up the boots that the club would find him a role in the Academy. He’d be a terrific mentor and example for any young player coming to Hibs. Pretty sure he was quite studious at school and comes from a family who are in social work - that’s reflected in the way he leads his life and contributes off the pitch too - an example for everyone how to conduct yourself. Well done Lewis 👍

J-C
21-09-2021, 03:15 PM
As he moves away from first team football, and depending on his appetite to continue playing, I’d hope if/when he hangs up the boots that the club would find him a role in the Academy. He’d be a terrific mentor and example for any young player coming to Hibs. Pretty sure he was quite studious at school and comes from a family who are in social work - that’s reflected in the way he leads his life and contributes off the pitch too - an example for everyone how to conduct yourself. Well done Lewis 👍

He's already been mentoring Doig and Mackie this past season, a fantastic pro to learn from, delighted we have these types of players at the club to coach and teach the younger players.

superfurryhibby
21-09-2021, 03:30 PM
I would love to see Lewis (eventually) retiring from the game as a HIbs player. A one club man is a rarity in the modern game. He's been the epitome of professionalism and a good defender for Hibs over so many years.

Diclonius
21-09-2021, 03:37 PM
Would love for him to score another really big goal, like the clincher at Ibrox in 2015, before he retires. He deserves it.

bigwheel
21-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Would love for him to score another really big goal, like the clincher at Ibrox in 2015, before he retires. He deserves it.

Almost did it in Europe didn’t he …would love that too [emoji106]

Centre Hawf
21-09-2021, 03:42 PM

I agree. I couldn't think of two better guys to help run the academy than him and Daz.

Vault Boy
21-09-2021, 03:52 PM
What a man. 1️⃣6️⃣

matty_f
21-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Hibs legend.

bingo70
21-09-2021, 04:18 PM

Was his debut not in a pre-season tour in Ireland?

I know you’re maybe meaning competitive debut just wondering if he actually played before that pre-season tour.

Sure it was Malkowskis debut in goals as he was on trial across there too although my memory may be getting the two of them mixed up.

JohnMcM
21-09-2021, 04:27 PM
I like to think that the club will do what they can to get him into a permanent coaching/mentoring role when he hangs his boots up. He would surely be a model of professionalism for academy members to turn to as an example of how to look after yourself, the attitude and behaviour to display and for general guidance and advice.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2021, 04:31 PM
I like to think that the club will do what they can to get him into a permanent coaching/mentoring role when he hangs his boots up. He would surely be a model of professionalism for academy members to turn to as an example of how to look after yourself, the attitude and behaviour to display and for general guidance and advice.

Has he been doing his badges?

MrRobot
21-09-2021, 04:58 PM
Legend.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2021, 05:25 PM
Up there with my other all time Hibs favourites, has been for a long time. Model professional.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

wookie70
21-09-2021, 05:35 PM
Well done Lewis, I look forward to another similar thread next year and possibly the one after. He might be worth a run on Thursday to give Doig a rest and keep Lewis ticking over. If Mackay or Scott play on the left I think I would be at least as happy for Lewis to start

Iggy Pope
21-09-2021, 05:40 PM
Was his debut not in a pre-season tour in Ireland?

I know you’re maybe meaning competitive debut just wondering if he actually played before that pre-season tour.

Sure it was Malkowskis debut in goals as he was on trial across there too although my memory may be getting the two of them mixed up.

Cork. A fine day.

bingo70
21-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Cork. A fine day.

Dublin wasn’t it?

I was at the game but I only went to the game in Dublin on that tour.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Dublin wasn’t it?

I was at the game but I only went to the game in Dublin on that tour.

Cork.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2021, 06:11 PM
3rd July 2005
First game of the tour.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/194082/

bingo70
21-09-2021, 06:15 PM
3rd July 2005
First game of the tour.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/194082/

Just been looking and think it was the St Pats game I was at.

Always thought that was Lewis debut, clearly not though.

Iggy Pope
21-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Just been looking and think it was the St Pats game I was at.

Always thought that was Lewis debut, clearly not though.

He came on that day looking like a ball boy. A wee one at that.
What a night though in the Hibernian Bar.

Suppose you had to be there!

21-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Happy Debutday Lewis (1 Guy 2 Cups) Stevenson.

worcesterhibby
21-09-2021, 07:28 PM
I was at that game in Cork too, great weekend :greengrin

Seveno
22-09-2021, 12:00 PM
That fact that he has been rated by so many of our managers says it wall about his professionalism and ability.

Double cup winning legend. I would love to see him makes the hat trick before he retires.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2021, 02:13 PM
I remember being at a Hibs kids Christmas party and he, Hanlon, Zemmama (and Galbraith iirc) were there he’d been out the team for a spell I said I was looking forward to seeing him back and he gave that we smile and glance to the side thing he does (when he’s uncomfortable ?) it was under Calderclown iirc. I got the impression he didn’t fancy his chances…

He was the epitome of everything I’d like to have been as a Hibby celebrating the cup win in the manner he did on that day in May - ecstatic.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2021, 03:35 PM
That fact that he has been rated by so many of our managers says it wall about his professionalism and ability.

Double cup winning legend. I would love to see him makes the hat trick before he retires.
:agree: He's been like a gable end for us when defending crosses.

dp00
23-09-2021, 10:03 PM
Back in tonight … I’d keep him in the squad, I’ve not been impressed by doig so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicho87
23-09-2021, 10:04 PM
He should keep his place Sunday imo

Solid 7/10 every week

Willis1875
23-09-2021, 10:05 PM
Back in tonight … I’d keep him in the squad, I’ve not been impressed by doig so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree,The good parts of Doigs game just isn’t there this season so far

JammyDoidger
23-09-2021, 10:44 PM
Aye keep him in. Never puts a foot wrong. More solid than doig and I don't even think he's much worse going forward if I'm being honest.

wookie70
23-09-2021, 10:49 PM
Solid 7/10 for Lewis again. Hardly seen in attack but considering how exposed he was on that side he played well. Doig is a fair bit behind Lewis in terms of defensive qualities and hasn't really been at it going forward for a few weeks. Time for him to take a week or two out and for Lewis to get a turn.

Dunfyhibee
23-09-2021, 10:52 PM
Lewy absolutely deserves to keep his place, solid defensively and keep it simple. Does both of these with minimal support on the left hand side whoever plays there. Doig defensively has a long way to go, probably not helped by the formation/winger on his side leaving him exposed. Lewy in a 4, Doig in a 5 for me.

EdinMike
23-09-2021, 11:56 PM
How is this man still perfecting the left back…

JimBHibees
24-09-2021, 05:54 AM
Brilliant again Lewis. What a fantastic servant this guy has been to our wonderful club.

Borderhibbie76
24-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Steps in like he's been playing every week...the wee guy never ever let's us down and now keeps his place for me as Doig has been poor this season and not at his best - needs a few weeks on bench

EdinMike
24-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Steps in like he's been playing every week...the wee guy never ever let's us down and now keeps his place for me as Doig has been poor this season and not at his best - needs a few weeks on bench

👏 can’t sing wee Leweys praises enough. One of my all time favourite players. And I’ll be gutted if/when he leaves or retires.