HH81
20-09-2021, 10:26 AM
That is brilliant 👏

lord bunberry
20-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Well done Hibs!

Let’s get the derby packed out.

Tickets here - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/3076
I wonder if there will be an option to make a donation. I wouldn’t have minded paying a small amount for the game.

CMurdoch
20-09-2021, 10:48 AM
A good idea. No point in playing in front of a tiny crowd.
The sale of food and drink could see this work out for Hibs.
No excuse for Edinburgh folk not to attend and offer their support.
Hope folk make the effort.
It will be my 1st Hibs Women game.
Tickets currently available for the North end of the West.
Presume Hearts fans will be given the South end of the West.

Pretty Boy
20-09-2021, 11:07 AM
Definitely be heading along to this.

Will take the bairn as well. Will be good for her to support the mens and womens team.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2021, 11:17 AM
Have Hearts been given the whole South😀

Jay
20-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Definitely be heading along to this.

Will take the bairn as well. Will be good for her to support the mens and womens team.

Yep. Hoping to get the wee man there too. His first Edinburgh Derby

DaveF
20-09-2021, 11:34 AM
Yep. Hoping to get the wee man there too. His first Edinburgh Derby

I'm planning on going so can give a lift if needed, though I expect you will have that sorted if taking your grandson.

Jay
20-09-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm planning on going so can give a lift if needed, though I expect you will have that sorted if taking your grandson.

Maybe not as scotts supposed to be training. I'll let you know thanks.

BegbieHSC
20-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Tickets seem to be going fast. Hopefully it gets the positive attendance it deserves.

BegbieHSC
20-09-2021, 11:08 PM
Only 2 tickets left. Amazing effort, Hibees.

I assume the other half of the West will be made available?

If that sells, we could be looking at an attendance of >6000, which I’d imagine to be a Scottish club record for women’s football.

Hibernian leading the way again!

SMAXXA
21-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Assume the tickets are for both sets of fans not just Hibs?

Squealing pig
21-09-2021, 04:02 AM
Sold out? Can’t see tickets on the website

DaveF
21-09-2021, 06:09 AM
Surely they will open another stand? I've not had a chance to book a seat yet.

Brightside
21-09-2021, 06:27 AM
I think 3321 is the current attendance record.

GreenCastle
21-09-2021, 06:35 AM
Surely they will open another stand? I've not had a chance to book a seat yet.

Not sure if the other side of the West has been released yet.

Brightside
21-09-2021, 06:56 AM
The other side may be for Hearts fans but they don’t usually segregate at Women’s games. So maybe just opening block by block. If I remember rightly they did it that way for the Munich game and only one food kiosk was open.

Keith_M
21-09-2021, 07:05 AM
Sounds a bit too expensive for me.

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 08:05 AM
The other side may be for Hearts fans but they don’t usually segregate at Women’s games. So maybe just opening block by block. If I remember rightly they did it that way for the Munich game and only one food kiosk was open.

No access to tickets on Hearts site so everyone mixing together or Hibs releasing section by section
Currently no seats available.

Since452
21-09-2021, 08:48 AM
Sounds a bit too expensive for me.

🤣

BegbieHSC
21-09-2021, 08:52 AM
Hibs confirm they’ll be releasing the next phase of tickets shortly.

lord bunberry
21-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Is this game going to be on the tele? I know Alba show games every week?

Antifa Hibs
21-09-2021, 09:04 AM
The most typical Hibs thing ever....

"We're trying to get over 3000 fans".

"Brilliant response we've "sold" 2000 already"

Great, i'll jump on the bandwagon and bag a few tickets. Except theirs none available despite being 1000 short of their initial 3000 target. :duck::tee hee:

Brightside
21-09-2021, 09:42 AM
The most typical Hibs thing ever....

"We're trying to get over 3000 fans".

"Brilliant response we've "sold" 2000 already"

Great, i'll jump on the bandwagon and bag a few tickets. Except theirs none available despite being 1000 short of their initial 3000 target. :duck::tee hee:

Releasing in phases to ensure they make best use of the stand.

BegbieHSC
21-09-2021, 09:52 AM
The way sales are going, I’m sure there will be considerations to look at possibly opening up the FF or South. Outstanding effort so far.

lord bunberry
21-09-2021, 10:01 AM
The way sales are going, I’m sure there will be considerations to look at possibly opening up the FF or South. Outstanding effort so far.
They should open the East next and get the singing section in there.

BegbieHSC
21-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Whoever has held out, that’s the fancy exec seats released. Free entry and a fancy chair - oott!

ABZHFC
21-09-2021, 10:58 AM
Whoever has held out, that’s the fancy exec seats released. Free entry and a fancy chair - oott!

Hahaha, I did exactly this, some buzz for that warm padded seat!

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 11:14 AM
They should open the East next and get the singing section in there.

They will fill the West first

lord bunberry
21-09-2021, 11:15 AM
They will fill the West first
I meant once the west is full.

MartinfaePorty
21-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Tickets available in the West Upper Executive Seats. Nice comfy seats for those that haven't booked already.

oneone73
21-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Tickets available in the West Upper Executive Seats. Nice comfy seats for those that haven't booked already.

Wish I'd known that. Is area 49, HH124 executive, anyone know?

Andy74
21-09-2021, 12:53 PM
Hibs Women play every week. Are people going along specifically for this one to see the inside of Easter Road or to see Hearts? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Hibs Women play every week. Are people going along specifically for this one to see the inside of Easter Road or to see Hearts? :greengrin

From the man who says ticketing prices has no bearing on the crowd size😀

Andy74
21-09-2021, 01:10 PM
From the man who says ticketing prices has no bearing on the crowd size😀

Ah, so the usual £5 is prohibitive? Fair enough.

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2021, 01:11 PM

It’s £7. Probably is for some when coupled with the travel to Livingston.

lord bunberry
21-09-2021, 01:18 PM
It’s a great initiative to grow the support for the women’s team and the game in general. Do we really need fans coming on here being negative about it. If you don’t want to go then don’t, but it would be nice if this could gain a bit of momentum and see a bumper crowd in to support the ladies.

Andy74
21-09-2021, 01:24 PM
It’s a great initiative to grow the support for the women’s team and the game in general. Do we really need fans coming on here being negative about it. If you don’t want to go then don’t, but it would be nice if this could gain a bit of momentum and see a bumper crowd in to support the ladies.

To grow the game then we need to understand why people will go, or not go. I'm not being negative, I'm interested in what is the main factor behind going from a few dozen to a few thousand fans for the same offering.

Ainslie Park wasn't far to get to, Livingston isn't far for people to get to - I'm sure most of our support now don't live in and around Easter Road. If we are going to support a move to a more professional game then £7 shouldn't be putting people off.

lord bunberry
21-09-2021, 01:44 PM
To grow the game then we need to understand why people will go, or not go. I'm not being negative, I'm interested in what is the main factor behind going from a few dozen to a few thousand fans for the same offering.

Ainslie Park wasn't far to get to, Livingston isn't far for people to get to - I'm sure most of our support now don't live in and around Easter Road. If we are going to support a move to a more professional game then £7 shouldn't be putting people off.
For the vast majority of the crowd it will be their first ladies game, the club are promoting it and letting everyone in for free. Hopefully a good few of the people going will go to another game this season.

Brightside
21-09-2021, 01:50 PM

I’d suggest most are going as its the “derby”, it’s free, and Hibs will win. Oh and the new chips are great.

wookie70
21-09-2021, 02:04 PM

It will be a mix of lots of factors. The club doing targeted advertising for this game, the game being at ER, it being a Derby and also the positive messaging around the women being brought under the Club(not before time), cost will definitely be in there too particularly for families who buy season tickets.

I'd love to see something done with STs where you could bolt on the womens games to the cost of the ST. I'm very pleased the club appear to have at long last decided to welcome the ladies into the structure of the club. This initiative is a good one and it looks like it will be a huge success. If we can invest in the Ladies, both in terms of money but just as importantly in comms, then who knows all the bigger games may be of enough interest to hold them at ER and get decent crowds with that giving a boost to the lesser games wherever they end up being played in years to come.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2021, 02:07 PM
I’d suggest most are going as its the “derby”, it’s free, and Hibs will win. Oh and the new chips are great.

If they can sort out the catering, they’ll make a fortune on the night

BegbieHSC
23-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Looks like we are closing in on the 6,000 mark with most of the West “sold out.”

That’s a higher attendance than the men’s teams in the top flight get, outwith the big six.

What an effort!

ABZHFC
23-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Looks like we are closing in on the 6,000 mark with most of the West “sold out.”

That’s a higher attendance than the men’s teams in the top flight get, outwith the big six.

What an effort!

Surely got to be considering opening the FF lower, no reason we can’t be aiming for a 10,000 crowd at this rate!

Brightside
23-09-2021, 10:10 AM
I really hope people actually go. Always the worry with free tickets that people grab them and then decide not to bother going.

BegbieHSC
23-09-2021, 10:13 AM
I really hope people actually go. Always the worry with free tickets that people grab them and then decide not to bother going.

True. Hopefully we get some good marketing in for it after Sunday, and get folk inspired for the occasion. I note it’s meant to rain on Wednesday night, which hopefully doesn’t deter the less committed.

BegbieHSC
23-09-2021, 10:14 AM
Surely got to be considering opening the FF lower, no reason we can’t be aiming for a 10,000 crowd at this rate!

That would be incredible, and a real watershed moment for the women’s game in Scotland.

BegbieHSC
23-09-2021, 10:17 AM
I notice there’s been nothing from the Hearts social media channels, urging fans to sign up.

The petty ****s will probably do the same in the reverse fixture, with the hope of beating our attendance record. Would be good for the game mind you, but I am still surprised they’re not advertising this game to their fans, given the occasion.

Brightside
23-09-2021, 10:46 AM
I notice there’s been nothing from the Hearts social media channels, urging fans to sign up.

The petty ****s will probably do the same in the reverse fixture, with the hope of beating our attendance record. Would be good for the game mind you, but I am still surprised they’re not advertising this game to their fans, given the occasion.

Hearts socials are terrible for the women tbh. Signings not announced. Almost nothing about games until game day. Not sure what the 100k a year pays for bar renting the Oriam pitches.

CMurdoch
23-09-2021, 11:06 AM

For me this is the smart part of all this.
They want folk to go to the women's games but very few folk outside of family and friends of the players and staff are willing to pay to watch.
This way Hibs get round that and bring in lots of money from catering.
The ladies get to play in front of a large crowd and by playing at Easter Road are made to feel like part of the club.

Pagan Hibernia
23-09-2021, 11:06 AM

probably be the first time some people have been able to get near to the new kiosks. Definitely a chance to make a few quid

Pretty Boy
23-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Got a couple of tickets for the front row of one of the middle sections in the upper tier in the west. Looking forward to the gold experience.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2021, 12:07 PM
For me this is the smart part of all this.
They want folk to go to the women's games but very few folk outside of family and friends of the players and staff are willing to pay to watch.
This way Hibs get round that and bring in lots of money from catering.
The ladies get to play in front of a large crowd and by playing at Easter Road are made to feel like part of the club.

And in a way it’s part funding the Ladies team. Wonder how it will be funded when it’s brought in under the Hibs banner

GreenCastle
24-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Any idea if more tickets are to be released ?

West stand is pretty much sold out.

random sub
24-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Yeh, after ages agreeing who in the 2 families wanted to go it now appears sold out. 🥲 Hopefully they will release more tickets as I was planning to bring 6 first time fans to Easter Road

CMurdoch
24-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Yeh, after ages agreeing who in the 2 families wanted to go it now appears sold out. 🥲 Hopefully they will release more tickets as I was planning to bring 6 first time fans to Easter Road

They should open the East and push hard to fill it.

random sub
24-09-2021, 04:29 PM
They should open the East and push hard to fill it.
Agree- would be great to open another section of stand, but just got confirmation from the ticket office- game is now ‘sold out’…this evening’s task for me- how to break the news to the girls and their pals. They will be gutted and I feel bad- hadn’t realised they were limiting capacity

Hibeesforever
24-09-2021, 05:28 PM
This will reflect very badly on Hibs if they don't open up more stands....they have created the demand and now should open the stands, not penny pinch on staff costs....

Stairway 2 7
24-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Surely they will open up other stands

wookie70
24-09-2021, 07:09 PM
It reminds me of the Sunderland documentary where they were trying to beat the record attendance. If the club work hard on this they could break 10k. Hopefully they make the effort as that would be amazing for a ladies game and probably an atmosphere that will be the best ever at a ladies league game in Scotland. Imagine a proper, full east and west stand, Sunshine on Leith after a ladies game.

GreenCastle
24-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Surely they will open up other stands

You would think so but oddly they haven’t already ?

Just open the East middle sections at least.

You could even say they could hand out free tickets Sunday to fans to increase attendance.

Eyrie
24-09-2021, 09:52 PM
You would think so but oddly they haven’t already ?

Just open the East middle sections at least.

You could even say they could hand out free tickets Sunday to fans to increase attendance.

I'd hope Hibs will advertise the tickets on the new screens a couple of times.

Stairway 2 7
25-09-2021, 02:08 PM
I'd hope Hibs will advertise the tickets on the new screens a couple of times.

Not on sale, so no point unless they open another stand

Eyrie
25-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Not on sale, so no point unless they open another stand

Saw that - a 6000 sell out which is impressive.

I'm disappointed Hibs aren't going to open another stand since the demand is clearly there.

Stairway 2 7
25-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Saw that - a 6000 sell out which is impressive.

I'm disappointed Hibs aren't going to open another stand since the demand is clearly there.

It's bizarre. Should have been advertised tomorrow and pushed for 10,000.

Brightside
26-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Game v Celtic is online now on BBC. Will be a good barometer for progress being made. 👍

HibbyKeith
26-09-2021, 11:54 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58631203

Stairway 2 7
26-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Thought there would be news of more stands open for their game but doesn't look like it. Pretty shoddy, would never happen if it was the guys

Brightside
26-09-2021, 12:04 PM
Thought there would be news of more stands open for their game but doesn't look like it. Pretty shoddy, would never happen if it was the guys

Don’t think that will happen. Hearts have been given tickets as well. I’d doubt they will sell / give away many. Will still be empty seats on the night.

Stairway 2 7
26-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Don’t think that will happen. Hearts have been given tickets as well. I’d doubt they will sell / give away many. Will still be empty seats on the night.

That's separate from the fact we sold out our 6000 5 days before the match. With advertising on the screens today we could easily break 10,000. That would generate a good bit of publicity for us I reckon

Brightside
26-09-2021, 12:11 PM
That's separate from the fact we sold out our 6000 5 days before the match. With advertising on the screens today we could easily break 10,000. That would generate a good bit of publicity for us I reckon

6000 will break all records. Remember it’s free and everything has to be paid for at the club. Opening up other stands will cost more money. The pies won’t pay the bills and this is a lose leader for Hibs.

Stairway 2 7
26-09-2021, 12:59 PM
6000 will break all records. Remember it’s free and everything has to be paid for at the club. Opening up other stands will cost more money. The pies won’t pay the bills and this is a lose leader for Hibs.

Of course it's a loss but don't say your going for the record if your not going for the most you can. Hearts have said they will put in 6 figures into their female team as its the right thing to do. We could sell merchandise, food and big screen advertising. But more than that a 5 figure crowd would get the girls tons of press and also inspire so many young girls in the stand

CMurdoch
26-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Game v Celtic is online now on BBC. Will be a good barometer for progress being made. ��

1-0 to Celtic with 20 minutes to go.
Haven't seen the game but Hibs must be playing well.
Hibs Women will make progress when the club puts money into it.
If not we will remain a distant 4th best Scottish women's team.

Eyrie
26-09-2021, 05:29 PM
1-0 to Celtic with 20 minutes to go.
Haven't seen the game but Hibs must be playing well.
Hibs Women will make progress when the club puts money into it.
If not we will remain a distant 4th best Scottish women's team.

Saw the second half in the car. We soaked up a lot of pressure and would have been worth a draw, but lost out in injury time.

I'm expecting us to be doing most of the attacking on Wednesday.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Pedantic head on. Heard numerous times today over the tannoy "6000 sell out' .... It not exactly a "sell out" if all the tickets are freebies is it? Having daid that good look to the girls they must be thrilled playing infront of good numbers and at Easter Road.

He's here!
26-09-2021, 07:17 PM

They won't need to open up other stands because nothing like 6000 will actually turn up. Might get about 4k, which would still be great but when you distribute free tickets many go unused. I remember one of my kid's primary teachers was a good player (can't remember which team she played for) and would give the class free tickets to Scotland women's games, women's cup finals etc. All the kids would seize the tickets but only about a third of the class (if that) would actually go to the game.

Ardenttwo
27-09-2021, 09:40 AM

Anyone know if we can see it streamed or on Hibs TV International ?

DaveF
27-09-2021, 10:05 AM
They won't need to open up other stands because nothing like 6000 will actually turn up. Might get about 4k, which would still be great but when you distribute free tickets many go unused. I remember one of my kid's primary teachers was a good player (can't remember which team she played for) and would give the class free tickets to Scotland women's games, women's cup finals etc. All the kids would seize the tickets but only about a third of the class (if that) would actually go to the game.

It's a bit different being handed free tickets via a classroom versus having to sign in to the ticketing site and book a seat. The latter means you have invested effort to actually get a seat.

Brightside
27-09-2021, 10:25 AM
It's a bit different being handed free tickets via a classroom versus having to sign in to the ticketing site and book a seat. The latter means you have invested effort to actually get a seat.

Unfortunately i think he's right - a fair few wont bother going on the night. Also we have no idea who many tickets Hearts will sell. Their fans wont be in a rush to watch this game as everything points to it going one way.

DaveF
27-09-2021, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately i think he's right - a fair few wont bother going on the night. Also we have no idea who many tickets Hearts will sell. Their fans wont be in a rush to watch this game as everything points to it going one way.

Of course some won't go. That happens in every game. If 4 or 5k is the gate then all good. Not really something to make a big deal out of.

hibby rae
27-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Of course it's a loss but don't say your going for the record if your not going for the most you can. Hearts have said they will put in 6 figures into their female team as its the right thing to do. We could sell merchandise, food and big screen advertising. But more than that a 5 figure crowd would get the girls tons of press and also inspire so many young girls in the stand

Hearts said they were going to do that a while back, but pretty sure it hasn't happened. Tbh I don't think it will anytime soon.

Kavinho
27-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Would be good to have a "returns/cancelled" list for on the night.

I was going, and be would have been taking my daughter who's expressed interest for the first time in 6 years! Like others, I didn't realise they were limiting the release & when I was looking, couldn't get 2 tickets together.

Id turn up on the night ticketless if I thought that seats unfilled would be open to claim prior to kick off

The dalmeny
27-09-2021, 05:57 PM

Not enough to make people feel they ‘have’ to go. If the weathers crap I suspect the attendance will fall dramatically, even allowing for a nice night I do t think 4-5 k is more likely

Eyrie
27-09-2021, 06:41 PM
The forecast is dry and cool (10c at kick off) so shouldn't be a factor.

Daniel 1875
27-09-2021, 07:45 PM

I was going, and be would have been taking my daughter who's expressed interest for the first time in 6 years! Like others, I didn't realise they were limiting the release & when I was looking, couldn't get 2 tickets together.

Id turn up on the night ticketless if I thought that seats unfilled would be open to claim prior to kick off

I have three tickets in the West Stand together which I can no longer use. If you PM me your email address I’ll forward on the tickets so they don’t go to waste.

HH81
27-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Is the game available to watch online or is it on tv?

Glory Lurker
27-09-2021, 07:49 PM
Is the game available to watch online or is it on tv?

It's on recast.

HH81
27-09-2021, 07:56 PM
It's on recast.

Cheers.

Brightside
28-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Does anyone have any spares for tomorrow?

one day maybe...
28-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Have anymore tickets been made available looking for 2.

Brightside
28-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Try the ticket office. I got them from there. Returns

Daniel 1875
28-09-2021, 09:30 PM
I still have 3 tickets available for the game if they’re of use to anyone.

tricky
28-09-2021, 09:34 PM
I still have 3 tickets available for the game if they’re of use to anyone.

I would take them mate, my daughter and her pal now wanting to go

tricky
28-09-2021, 09:36 PM
I would take them mate, my daughter and her pal now wanting to go

I’ve sent you a message

Since452
29-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Is this tonight? Is it on the tele? Interested to see how the screens look in the dark.

Alan62
29-09-2021, 09:45 AM
If anyone else has a spare ticket, I'd take it. Thanks in advance.

Daniel 1875
29-09-2021, 09:47 AM
Is this tonight? Is it on the tele? Interested to see how the screens look in the dark.

It’s being shown on Recast this evening

The Harp
29-09-2021, 12:03 PM

I'm really hoping tonight's a great success on and off the park. Likewise on Sunday with the beam back. Both are great initiatives by the club and deserve to be supported by the fans. Hopefully, we break the record attendance for the women tonight and enough fans turn up on Sunday to avoid the Club losing money and not attempting another beam back in the future.

Many of us have been crying out for new ideas at the Club for a while, and here we are with not one, but two, initiatives taking place in the space of 5 days.

Well done Hibs, and good luck to Hibs Women tonight.

Jay
29-09-2021, 12:06 PM
I now have a group of 3 and a group of 4 tickets available for tonight. Gutted we can't make it but we've all been hit with the lurgy. Not covid but not sure anybody would want to be around us coughing and wheezing .

Brightside
29-09-2021, 12:20 PM
Return them to the ticket office I think they have a list of people waiting. Then can then send them on via email

Alan62
29-09-2021, 12:21 PM
I now have a group of 3 and a group of 4 tickets available for tonight. Gutted we can't make it but we've all been hit with the lurgy. Not covid but not sure anybody would want to be around us coughing and wheezing .

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay
29-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Return them to the ticket office I think they have a list of people waiting. Then can then send them on via email

I've emailed with the set of 4 being returned. I really hope someone uses them. Truly gutted to be missing it.

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2021, 01:07 PM
you can watch it on Recast, sign up and watch tonight for £5, i signed up to watch their game v spartans last season and forgot all about it :)

Recast App (https://the.recast.app/video/6odnW)

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2021, 02:34 PM
I was just looking at the upcoming fixtures as I’m planning to take my daughter along more often and I see they’re playing Rangers on Sunday at 4.10. So a clash with the mens team - they need to do something about that to help the attendances.

Could they have played at ER on Sunday at 1pm as a curtain raiser to the beam back?

Mrimbetween
29-09-2021, 02:40 PM
Was gonny put a wee bet on the Hibs the night

1/9 Hibs ah well

ABZHFC
29-09-2021, 02:50 PM
I was just looking at the upcoming fixtures as I’m planning to take my daughter along more often and I see they’re playing Rangers on Sunday at 4.10. So a clash with the mens team - they need to do something about that to help the attendances.

Could they have played at ER on Sunday at 1pm as a curtain raiser to the beam back?

That would have been a fantastic idea

Vault Boy
29-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Really excited about the game tonight. Great stuff from Barrie and his company sponsoring the team and announcing it just ahead of a landmark game, very fitting.

Halmyre Hibee
29-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Going along tonight to watch my first ever Hibs Women’s match. My nephew is the first team coach & physical performance coach so best wishes to him and the team for tonight’s match 🇳🇬

Nakedmanoncrack
29-09-2021, 04:15 PM
Its looking like a lovely night for it, hopefully the bulk of the 6k will turn up, wish I'd ordered one now.

Pete70
29-09-2021, 04:24 PM

It's live on BBC Alba so we might not have had a say in the KO time.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2021, 04:35 PM

True. It’ll definitely have a big impact on the viewing and attendance figures with it clashing with the mens fixture though.

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2021, 04:45 PM
What time is KO tonight?

jingler1954
29-09-2021, 04:47 PM
What time is KO tonight?

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2021, 04:48 PM

Thanks

jingler1954
29-09-2021, 04:51 PM
Are away superters allowed?

CMurdoch
29-09-2021, 05:07 PM
Are away superters allowed?

Tonight, yes.

lord bunberry
29-09-2021, 05:12 PM
I’ve got 1 ticket if anyone is interested.

jingler1954
29-09-2021, 05:44 PM
Tonight, yes.Hearts fans.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
29-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Hearts end very empty !

Not sure why they opened part of the south but couldn’t allow other Hibs fans a chance to attend.

hfcok
29-09-2021, 05:54 PM
Lots of no shows it seems😢

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Sorry just seen that others have posted the same!

Ray_
29-09-2021, 06:04 PM

No sign of it on Alba.

tanfield
29-09-2021, 06:04 PM
Lots of no shows it seems😢

Massive queues outside

hfcok
29-09-2021, 06:07 PM
Massive queues outside

That’s good then, 1-0 cabbage

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2021, 06:08 PM
1-0 hibs 7 mins

Col2
29-09-2021, 06:09 PM
Recast is the pits. Gave up as it wants me to spend money on credits to see the game I think.

nlandsafchibee
29-09-2021, 06:09 PM
No sign of it on Alba.
I think they were refering to the Rangers match on Sunday thats on Alba ?

Pete70
29-09-2021, 06:20 PM
No sign of it on Alba.

I was replying to the post about the Hibs women against The Rangers on Sunday

Peevemor
29-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Some excellent stuff on the official twitter. Good to see JR there & mingling with the fans.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hibernianfc

Since452
29-09-2021, 06:44 PM
Some excellent stuff on the official twitter. Good to see JR there & mingling with the fans.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hibernianfc

One stylish bugger is Jack

Leith Green
29-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Looks like they are putting the old style HFC on the middle 3 sections if seats in east stand to me? Theres a big H already there , anyone heard about that happening?

gaz1875
29-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Looks like they are putting the old style HFC on the middle 3 sections if seats in east stand to me? Theres a big H already there , anyone heard about that happening?

It's been on social media and EEN with photos over the last week or more.

Leith Green
29-09-2021, 07:11 PM
It's been on social media and EEN with photos over the last week or more.

Don’t do social media mate , nor do i read the EEN .. Are they planning on doing anything else , in the other stands or that?

gaz1875
29-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Don’t do social media mate , nor do i read the EEN .. Are they planning on doing anything else , in the other stands or that?

Just the East stand I think :flag:

29-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Is it 2-0 yet?

Leith Green
29-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Just the East stand I think :flag:

Seems a bit strange
But i suppose its a throwback to the 90s and 00s east terracing , which i quite like ..

easty
29-09-2021, 07:25 PM
One stylish bugger is Jack

That outfit is awful!

A suit with a shirt is fine, no need for the zip up top. Horrid.

MartinfaePorty
29-09-2021, 07:28 PM
2-0

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

wookie70
29-09-2021, 07:29 PM
2 0 the good girls. Mrs Boyle with a good finish

Hibs90
29-09-2021, 07:30 PM
2 0 the good girls. Mrs Boyle with a good finish

5 more please

wookie70
29-09-2021, 07:35 PM
We could have scored a good few more. Played some nice stuff but not taken chances

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2021, 07:38 PM

Isn’t this forum social media? But hey ho 😆

I actually hope it’s going to say HIBS but more likely HFC

Since90+2
29-09-2021, 07:39 PM
We could have scored a good few more. Played some nice stuff but not taken chances

Above them in the men's league and above them in the women's league. Abit like us winning both cups most recently too.

All good.

cabbageandribs1875
3-0

wookie70
3 0 Brilliant goal. Mrs Boyle assist, centre forward scores

Hibs90
29-09-2021, 07:40 PM
3-0

4 more please

bod
29-09-2021, 07:42 PM
Have they announced what the attendance is yet ?

Leith Green
29-09-2021, 07:42 PM
Isn’t this forum social media? But hey ho 😆

I actually hope it’s going to say HIBS but more likely HFC

I suppose your right .. Was more thinking of Facebook and Twitter etc ..

wookie70
29-09-2021, 07:43 PM
Not yet. I'd guess 3.5k

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-09-2021, 07:43 PM

Stroked in from sex yards out 😏

wookie70
29-09-2021, 07:45 PM
Boyle adds another POTM award to the household

HH81
Good effort so far.

wookie70
Record attendance 5512

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2021, 07:46 PM

wookie70
29-09-2021, 07:53 PM
FT 3 0 Wee Sunshine on Leith

Joe6-2
29-09-2021, 07:54 PM

Wonder where the reporters mind is!

Peevemor
29-09-2021, 07:56 PM
Wonder where the reporters mind is!

:tee hee:

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2021, 07:58 PM

He's here!
29-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Record attendance 5512

That's superb. I stand corrected on an earlier post I made when I was under the impression the tickets had been handed out around local schools etc and didn't expect a big turnout. Well done to all the fans who made the effort to get tickets and a big well done too to the players on what sounds a comprehensive victory.

MartinfaePorty
29-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Brilliant! Sorry I couldn't go, as self-isolating, but caught most of it on Recast and glad my tickets got used.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

marinello59
29-09-2021, 08:04 PM
Record attendance 5512

Superb. :flag:

lord bunberry
29-09-2021, 08:04 PM
Really enjoyed that. I hope they play their home games at meadowbank when it’s ready as I’d definitely go to see them again. Livingston is a bit too far for me though.

Brightside
29-09-2021, 08:21 PM
Good result for Hibs. Thought we played very conservatively tbh but a very measured and controlled performance. Great for Adams to come on and score. A dream for a young Hibs fan to score at Easter Rd. Hearts a very young team but still played pretty well. Some excellent young players in that squad.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-09-2021, 08:24 PM

:faf::faf:

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Crowd was 5512

Since90+2
29-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Is it acceptable to say Hearts are pish?

GordonHFC
29-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Is it acceptable to say Hearts are pish?

Always

GreenCastle
29-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Really enjoyed the game and getting to ER for a night game.

Nice to beat Hearts once again and as expected got a few goals. Definitely could have been more goals.

Such a great stadium at night. Shame they couldn’t show the game live on it and replays like the men’s games but guess less cameras etc.

Overall thought the screens were good showing some
clips of women’s games before plus it was a fun atmosphere. Would be good if Hearts and Hibs open stadiums up for home and away fans for these games to improve atmosphere and grow the women’s game.

Also kiosk queues were ridiculous - are we ever going to learn or improve it?

LunasBoots
29-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Was a good day out, loads of kids who must of been impressed and hopefully will be more interested in getting involved in football in someway to grow and improve the women's game. Boyle was immense, wouldn't look out of place in some of the top women's teams, kiosks where a disaster, hardly moved and loads of people just have up, the old system worked better.

DaveF
29-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Good result for Hibs. Thought we played very conservatively tbh but a very measured and controlled performance. Great for Adams to come on and score. A dream for a young Hibs fan to score at Easter Rd. Hearts a very young team but still played pretty well. Some excellent young players in that squad.

I'd agree with all of that. Hibs always in control bit hearts battled well and have a good base to build from.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Entertaining game.

Hearts battled away and had a few very decent players but it was clear Hibs were the superior side. I think Hearts will get better as they establish themselves in the women's game though and that is a positive for the game as a whole (as long as Hibs remain better than them).

A good night out, a good crowd and great go see loads of kids enjoying themselves. Hopefully something we repeat in the near future.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Crowd was 5512

Looked closer to 6207 to me 😉

Really enjoyed the game and agree with the comments about. Rachel Boyle who was head and shoulders above all the other players.

Their wee No 7 had a great first half causing us problems down our left but thankfully the much vaunted Hertz coach moved her into the midfield for the second half and she pretty much disappeared.

A mention too for Collette Cavenagh - a pocket rocket with a huge ❤️

David_D
29-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Took my 5 year old along for his first game. He loved it. Wants to go back tomorrow.

HH81
29-09-2021, 09:01 PM
Great crowd and reading the message board they should repeat games at ER in the future.

hibbysam
29-09-2021, 09:03 PM
Took my 5 year old along for his first game. He loved it. Wants to go back tomorrow.

Likewise with my wee one, she was buzzing by the end of it! Even the eldest at 11 who was dreading it (taking him away from his PS5) had to admit by the end that he was thoroughly enjoying himself and cheering the goals in. No doubt they’ll be at more men’s/woman’s games in the future.

29-09-2021, 09:08 PM
Looked closer to 6207 to me 😉

Really enjoyed the game and agree with the comments about. Rachel Boyle who was head and shoulders above all the other players.

Their wee No 7 had a great first half causing us problems down our left but thankfully the much vaunted Hertz coach moved her into the midfield for the second half and she pretty much disappeared.

A mention too for Collette Cavenagh - a pocket rocket with a huge ❤️

Looking forward to reading the full "This is How it Feels" later. 😀

Jonnyboy
29-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Looking forward to reading the full "This is How it Feels" later. 😀

Don’t wait up - men’s games only 😂

hibby rae
29-09-2021, 09:23 PM

Thought we were a bit sloppy in the first half. A lot sharper in the 2nd when Boyle was moved up the pitch, and when Muir came on. Hearts offered nothing though and I wouldn't be surprised if we had about 80% possession.

Carheenlea
29-09-2021, 09:33 PM
Very enjoyable night with my youngest daughter. Some good football on show and some of the crossing (I couldn’t quite make out her name) was fantastic and Alexa Coyle got on the end of a lot of them. She looked very dangerous.

As already noted, Rachael Boyle looked a level above everyone else - very comfortable on the ball and Scott Allanesque with some of her passing.

Admittedly, haven’t really followed the Hibs Women’s side that closely but after watching tonight I will certainly be watching more.

Capt Mainwaring
29-09-2021, 09:48 PM
Thoughts from the game:

- Great crowd with lots of youngsters (particularly girls) in attendance
- the big screens look excellent at a evening game
- Hibs totally dominated the match and 3-0 flattered Hearts
- Hibs play very controlled possession football and like the men’s team have great pace wide
- It very clear that many Hibs players are Hibs fans and they revelled in the atmosphere and playing at ER. Great togetherness in the team
- a great initiative by Hibs to give the Women’s team/game profile and looked like a lot of youngsters and women at the game for the first time. This augers well for both the men’s and Women’s teams

A great night all round 👍

He's here!
29-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Thoughts from the game:

- Great crowd with lots of youngsters (particularly girls) in attendance
- the big screens look excellent at a evening game
- Hibs totally dominated the match and 3-0 flattered Hearts
- Hibs play very controlled possession football and like the men’s team have great pace wide
- It very clear that many Hibs players are Hibs fans and they revelled in the atmosphere and playing at ER. Great togetherness in the team
- a great initiative by Hibs to give the Women’s team/game profile and looked like a lot of youngsters and women at the game for the first time. This augers well for both the men’s and Women’s teams

A great night all round 👍

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAePY_ZWUAEpWa-?format=jpg&name=small

She might not have grown up a Hibs fan but Alexa Coyle looks like she knows what beating the yams is all about...

Eyrie
29-09-2021, 09:59 PM
Enjoyable evening.

Good performances all round, with Boyle, Cavanagh and Coyle the stand outs for me.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2021, 10:02 PM
Boyle was streets ahead of everyone but I thought Gallagher was also very good.

Vault Boy
29-09-2021, 10:02 PM
An excellent night all round. Well done to the club for making it happen, and congrats to the women for another domineering derby performance.

wookie70
29-09-2021, 10:17 PM
Was a good day out, loads of kids who must of been impressed and hopefully will be more interested in getting involved in football in someway to grow and improve the women's game. Boyle was immense, wouldn't look out of place in some of the top women's teams, kiosks where a disaster, hardly moved and loads of people just have up, the old system worked better.

Rachael B was a stand out and while some of the girls didn't look like natural players she looked like she has been kicking a ball about all her life. Some of the play particularly the 3rd goal was excellent and the men could take some lessons on crossing from the girls. We look a good bit ahead of Hearts in terms of fitness and ability and hopefully we can cheers the team on at ER in some of the other big games.

As I was walking out it was very evident how many kids were at the game. I would love the club to try and get more kids and families at ER for games that have no chance of selling out. It is money in the bank for future imo. Tonight showed there is some untapped potential out there that we need to get watching Hibs before they move on to something else. We do ok with Hibs kids and cheap STs in the FF but families are struggling now and if you don't get the bug as a bairn you may become an armchair fan forever. Hope Ron can really speculate to make more families come to ER.

The other thing I thought was it is such a shame we couldn't double this up with the game against The Thes being held at ER too but it may be on TV looking the KO time.

Well done the club, more of this please and start to look at U18 games etc in the same way. Well done the ladies too. They put on a very good show and I loved the interaction with the kids at the end and the sheer joy on some of the girls faces. Brilliant stuff and a thoroughly enjoyable evening spent with my daughter.

matty_f
29-09-2021, 11:26 PM
I thought the game was really good, played at a fast pace and Hibs were well ahead of Hearts.

Interesting to see Hearts celebrate the defeat at the end. Shows the difference in mentality, i suppose.

Real Emerald
30-09-2021, 12:22 AM
Brilliant, well done to the girls. I couldn’t go but watched the TV stream for £5. I had to watch from a distance on my laptop as the camera work was making me travel sick and I never get travel sick. Superb result ladies and some fantastic play and goals. GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

JimBHibees
30-09-2021, 05:43 AM
I thought the game was really good, played at a fast pace and Hibs were well ahead of Hearts.

Interesting to see Hearts celebrate the defeat at the end. Shows the difference in mentality, i suppose.

:faf::faf:

Brightside
30-09-2021, 06:17 AM
I didn’t realise there was actually 7 u18s in the starting line up for Hearts last night. The have the potential to be a decent side if they can add a couple of players of experience whilst the younger players develop. But they need to start picking up points or they will end up relegated and lose all that young talent.

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 07:52 AM
I didn’t realise there was actually 7 u18s in the starting line up for Hearts last night. The have the potential to be a decent side if they can add a couple of players of experience whilst the younger players develop. But they need to start picking up points or they will end up relegated and lose all that young talent.

I'd imagine the ones they have that really start to shine will be picked up by others like *ahem* us :greengrin

Like many have said, one of the most heartening things about last night was seeing how many kids, especially girls were there, and how enthusiastic they were. From watching the Women play before I think they are great at forming bonds with the supporters, always giving their time at the end of the game, you the SWNT do it too. More so than the men's teams seem to do it.

It really does allow these girls in the stands to have the reasonable dream of being there themselves one day, it's important to see yourself represented on the pitch.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-09-2021, 07:55 AM
I suppose the focus has always been about Martin getting a transfer, what happens if his Mrs gets a decent offer?

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 07:57 AM
I always love watching Rachel Boyle play. She really is one of those footballers you just sit and appreciate as she is such a classy player. The best in her family :wink::wink:

Special mention to Joelle (most successful Hibs captain ever :wink:) and Shiv at the back, some quality, thumping challenges going in from them. And when Shiv was hacked down by one of the Hearts players in from of the bench in the second half, the Jambo didn't dare turn around to look when she was walking after her. Bet she was s****ing it hahaha.

Radium
30-09-2021, 07:59 AM
An enjoyable night but the one thing that I took away is that it is an ideal environment to introduce young kids to going to the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
30-09-2021, 08:06 AM
Normally I'd be over the moon when Hibs beat Hearts but I've got no grudges against the women's team, so hopefully they're not too down about losing and go on to have a decent season.

RyeSloan
30-09-2021, 08:14 AM
I always love watching Rachel Boyle play. She really is one of those footballers you just sit and appreciate as she is such a classy player. The best in her family :wink::wink:

Special mention to Joelle (most successful Hibs captain ever :wink:) and Shiv at the back, some quality, thumping challenges going in from them. And when Shiv was hacked down by one of the Hearts players in from of the bench in the second half, the Jambo didn't dare turn around to look when she was walking after her. Bet she was s****ing it hahaha.

That double sliding tackle by Hunter in the second half was deserving of any Derby! Superb stuff.

The screens added to the whole ‘experience’ well with a great montage and soundtrack before the game, very professional.

Great to see so many youngsters and families who all seemed to have a great time (unless they were in the long queues for the kiosks of course!).

Hearts gave a good account of themselves considering how young their team is but Hibs were streets ahead…which of course all added to the fun.

One problem for the womens game to address though is the names on the back of their shirts…was impossible to make most of them out since so many players were sporting ponytails and thus obscuring their names [emoji1787]

DaveF
30-09-2021, 08:14 AM

Whoever their no55 was looked decent though she was subbed off at HT, so maybe their manager thought otherwise.

Brightside
30-09-2021, 08:21 AM
I suppose the focus has always been about Martin getting a transfer, what happens if his Mrs gets a decent offer?

It would only be Rangers and Celtic and the offers aren’t worth uprooting life and going full time.

Brightside
30-09-2021, 08:23 AM
Whoever their no55 was looked decent though she was subbed off at HT, so maybe their manager thought otherwise.

Amy Anderson. Was at Celtic until last season. She’s much better further up the park but they didn’t get a chance with the dominance of Hibs. The Smith girl was excellent for them, can see her moving to a higher level sooner rather than later.

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 08:23 AM
It would only be Rangers and Celtic and the offers aren’t worth uprooting life and going full time.

Is she not good enough to get a move to England?

Brightside
30-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Is she not good enough to get a move to England?

She has a young family at home in Dunbar. So unless Martin is going to move I’d fully expect her to stay at Hibs for the remainder of her career.

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 08:37 AM
She has a young family at home in Dunbar. So unless Martin is going to move I’d fully expect her to stay at Hibs for the remainder of her career.

Ah ok got it.

I wonder what sort of wage the top players in England are paid? Probably a lot more than our top players I'm guessing.

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 08:52 AM
I think last night was evidence of the potential for growth with the Women's team, and the wider game (obviously with the caveat that it was a free event). And it would seem last night's game has increased enthusiasm for the team.

Off the top of my head, I think there are a few ways to build on this in the long-term. Some possibilities could be:

- Get the Women's team playing in Edinburgh as soon as possible, with Meadowbank being the most attractive option.

- Share ticket sales. I don't mean an equal split on sales, but if I buy my season ticket for the men's team, I would pay extra to have a bolt-on of the women's team as well, with that cash going to the women.

- Sell Hibs Women's kits in the club shop as well. It's possible a lot of female supporters who are going out for a kickabout would like to be wearing the kit of Rachel, rather than Martin, Boyle.

And in the wider game, I'd like to see a switch back to the summer league, and I wonder if this is something the higher ups would seek? As has been pointed out before, having the women all play a winter league too can only lead to clashes on the fixture list and a reduced opportunity for higher attendances. Whereas I always enjoyed going to the women's games at Ainslie in July etc. previously.

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 08:59 AM
I think last night was evidence of the potential for growth with the Women's team, and the wider game (obviously with the caveat that it was a free event). And it would seem last night's game has increased enthusiasm for the team.

Off the top of my head, I think there are a few ways to build on this in the long-term. Some possibilities could be:

- Get the Women's team playing in Edinburgh as soon as possible, with Meadowbank being the most attractive option.

- Share ticket sales. I don't mean an equal split on sales, but if I buy my season ticket for the men's team, I would pay extra to have a bolt-on of the women's team as well, with that cash going to the women.

- Sell Hibs Women's kits in the club shop as well. It's possible a lot of female supporters who are going out for a kickabout would like to be wearing the kit of Rachel, rather than Martin, Boyle.

And in the wider game, I'd like to see a switch back to the summer league, and I wonder if this is something the higher ups would seek? As has been pointed out before, having the women all play a winter league too can only lead to clashes on the fixture list and a reduced opportunity for higher attendances. Whereas I always enjoyed going to the women's games at Ainslie in July etc. previously.

Am I correct in thinking that the women's team aren't actually part of the club? As far as I know they a separate entity but the club might bring them under the umbrella in future.

Since452
30-09-2021, 09:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAePY_ZWUAEpWa-?format=jpg&name=small

She might not have grown up a Hibs fan but Alexa Coyle looks like she knows what beating the yams is all about...

Think i'll give the next one a watch :greengrin

Onceinawhile
30-09-2021, 09:12 AM
Am I correct in thinking that the women's team aren't actually part of the club? As far as I know they a separate entity but the club might bring them under the umbrella in future.

Yes, that's correct. They're run by the community foundation.

Brightside
30-09-2021, 09:25 AM

We do sell women’s kits in the shop. Moving to a summer league has been discussed a few times. Euros and World Cups create issues.

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 09:28 AM
We do sell women’s kits in the shop. Moving to a summer league has been discussed a few times. Euros and World Cups create issues.

Didn't know that, good to know that's happening. I take it they'll have the different sponsor now?

Yeah the summer league seems to make sense, can't imagine anyone at club or league admin level would be against it. A product of the pandemic.

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 09:30 AM

Yeah. If you can find the Ben Kensell interview from a week or two ago, he discusses the aim of bringing them in.

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Are there any plans to do similar for the home games v Celtic and Rangers? Don't think you'd get 5000+ but still get 2/3000 I reckon.

IWasThere2016
30-09-2021, 09:48 AM
Are the goals or highlights available online??? :flag:

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Are there any plans to do similar for the home games v Celtic and Rangers? Don't think you'd get 5000+ but still get 2/3000 I reckon.

Beat Aberdeen away in the quarters of the league cup on 31 October and playing the semi at Easter Road, if it was a home draw, would be a good shout.

And hope the semi is against the winner of Spartans vs Dundee Utd (so probably Spartans).

CMurdoch
30-09-2021, 10:19 AM
Well done to Hearts women. They did well in the hour between the 1st and 2nd goals then naturally ran out of steam against much more experienced and talented opponents.
Hibs have a lot of good players and I thought Amy Muir who came on during the 2nd half played like Doig of the mens team. Very impressive.

The kiosks had big queues at half time last night. Hopefully they made sufficient money to pay for stewarding, kiosk staff, lighting etc. That would perhaps persuade Hibs to do this for another game.
Could do it again at Easter Road for a home game v Celtic, Rangers or Glasgow City and charge a nominal admission of £2 for adults and £1 for kids. I reckon most of the same folk would come back.

The most important factor is to showcase the team and womens football.
As things stand Hibs women play in front of tiny crowds and those crowds are not growing.
I have little interest in the womens game but like last night could be persuaded to go along to support if it was little more than my time I was giving and who knows it might become a habit.

I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games at Livingston this season. Coming back to Edinburgh next season will help but the price is daft
Secret is to get big numbers of folk along to games like last night and build interest, a bond and a habit and that needs very cheap entry that can be bolstered by food and drink sales.

Well done to all last night. An innovative and successful event which should give other parent clubs the idea to replicate it.

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Kiosks had big queues at half time last night. Hopefully they made sufficient money to pay for stewarding, kiosk staff, lighting etc. That would perhaps persuade Hibs to do this for another game.
Could do it again at Easter Road for a home game v Celtic, Rangers or Glasgow City and charge a nominal £2 for adults and £1 for kids.
The most important factor being to showcase the team. As it stands the women's team play in front of tiny crowds and those crowds are not growing.
I have little interest in the womens game but like last night could be persuaded to go along to support if it was little more than my time I was giving.
I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games. Perhaps in the future but not now.
Secret is to get folk along and build interest, a bond and a habit.

I think it would have to be Celtic or Rangers. I know Glasgow City are massive in the women's game but there'd be lots of folk who wouldn't have a clue who they were.

Celtic or Rangers and people will be aware instantly that it's a big game.

BegbieHSC
30-09-2021, 10:28 AM
Rachael Boyle and Siobhan Hunter have significantly better knee sliding abilities than Martin or the rest of the men’s team.

Was a great night!

GreenCastle
30-09-2021, 10:50 AM

I think it’s s been clever of Hibs to do last night for free for fans. Best local rivals - good promotion for women’s and girls football - inspire future generation of players / fans and encourage others in Scotland to grow the product.

The Celtic / Rangers games are interesting - if they promoted it and played at either stadium and it wasn’t closed doors - you could easily get several thousand more than last night watching.

They are scared to do this though due to high security costs - think even the male youth cup was behind closed doors and they don’t want trouble.

Hopefully last night will make Hearts open Tynie and try beat the attendance and allow Hibs fans the roseburn stand. Would be pretty cool having 3000 away fans making noise for the women and home fans too.

Hopefully over time the crowds will grow - as mentioned it’s a brilliant way to introduce younger male or female fans to football without the possible stress of other games.

dangermouse
30-09-2021, 11:06 AM
An enjoyable game with some very entertaining football. Hibs were well worth their win and I was impressed by the way they retained the ball even under pressure, Hearts on the other hand are the masters of putting the ball out for a throw-in.

Hearts captain should have been sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence despite there being very few fouls in the game.

JimBHibees
30-09-2021, 01:12 PM
An enjoyable game with some very entertaining football. Hibs were well worth their win and I was impressed by the way they retained the ball even under pressure, Hearts on the other hand are the masters of putting the ball out for a throw-in.

Hearts captain should have been sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence despite there being very few fouls in the game.

In their DNA that sort of behaviour :greengrin

jacomo
30-09-2021, 01:49 PM
It’s a bit of a shame that Ron couldn’t stay in Edinburgh for this game. His attendance would have sent all the right messages about Hibs’ support for the women’s game.

Anyhow, well played and a great win in front of a record-breaking crowd.

Peevemor
30-09-2021, 02:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/323696678669/posts/10159641998088670/

Since90+2
30-09-2021, 02:20 PM
https://www.facebook.com/323696678669/posts/10159641998088670/

Brilliant to see that.

You can tell how genuinely happy the girl after Mrs Boyle was.

Peevemor
30-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Brilliant to see that.

You can tell how genuinely happy the girl after Mrs Boyle was.

The look of joy on her face in the photo is priceless.

Keith_M
30-09-2021, 02:26 PM
I think it’s s been clever of Hibs to do last night for free for fans. Best local rivals - good promotion for women’s and girls football - inspire future generation of players / fans and encourage others in Scotland to grow the product.

The Celtic / Rangers games are interesting - if they promoted it and played at either stadium and it wasn’t closed doors - you could easily get several thousand more than last night watching.

They are scared to do this though due to high security costs - think even the male youth cup was behind closed doors and they don’t want trouble.

Hopefully last night will make Hearts open Tynie and try beat the attendance and allow Hibs fans the roseburn stand. Would be pretty cool having 3000 away fans making noise for the women and home fans too.

Hopefully over time the crowds will grow - as mentioned it’s a brilliant way to introduce younger male or female fans to football without the possible stress of other games.

TBH, I'd prefer it if the women's game didn't go down the segregation route and just had all fans mingling together.

It's a sad indightment on the men's game that fans of both sides can't be trusted to sit together.

Brightside
30-09-2021, 02:49 PM
TBH, I'd prefer it if the women's game didn't go down the segregation route and just had all fans mingling together.

It's a sad indightment on the men's game that fans of both sides can't be trusted to sit together.

There was a wee bit of bother last night. Nothing major. Just some fannies acting up. Clearly not there to watch the game and only interested in the tribalism. Hopefully we don’t see any more of it.

Oscar T Grouch
30-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Goal highlights up onBBC Sports webpage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58749193

cabbageandribs1875
30-09-2021, 04:37 PM
I can't see any way that people other than family and friends of the players and staff will pay £7 to watch their games at Livingston this season. Coming back to Edinburgh next season will help but the price is daft
Secret is to get big numbers of folk along to games like last night and build interest, a bond and a habit and that needs very cheap entry that can be bolstered by food and drink sales.

Well done to all last night. An innovative and successful event which should give other parent clubs the idea to replicate it.

the price probably reflects the fees paid for hiring the Livingston pitch/facilities etc etc, i imagine very little will be left to fill the coffers

even if they had just charged £2 across the board last night,or even just £1 would have brought in at least £5.5k, i don't think even the £1 would have put any kids off attending

wookie70
30-09-2021, 06:24 PM
There was a wee bit of bother last night. Nothing major. Just some fannies acting up. Clearly not there to watch the game and only interested in the tribalism. Hopefully we don’t see any more of it.

There was also a laddie with his Hearts scarf proudly on show in the lower part of the West, North end. Not an issue given the type of game and hope those around him treated him right.

I'd rather the fannies were dealt with as they are just as much of an issue to the fans of teams they seemingly support. It was a really nice atmosphere last night but the Hibs fan/fans down the bottom of the west nearest the Dunbar End really need to have a word with themselves

Keith_M
30-09-2021, 06:25 PM

That's sad to hear. I wish they'd just stay away.

CMurdoch
30-09-2021, 06:51 PM
There was also a laddie with his Hearts scarf proudly on show in the lower part of the West, North end. Not an issue given the type of game and hope those around him treated him right.

I'd rather the fannies were dealt with as they are just as much of an issue to the fans of teams they seemingly support. It was a really nice atmosphere last night but the Hibs fan/fans down the bottom of the west nearest the Dunbar End really need to have a word with themselves

I was in the west upper, north of centre and fortunately all was sweetness and light.
It wasn't an occasion for plastic hardmen.
They should have been lobbed.

CMurdoch
30-09-2021, 06:59 PM

I agree. Segregation is an embarrassment. A small ********s section would be a better alternative. We could all laugh at their antics.

wallpaperman
30-09-2021, 07:56 PM

Really? Some folk shouldn’t be allowed out their houses. There were about 35 of us in a group with my daughter’s under 11 girls team, mostly Hibbies, but a couple of the girls were Jambos with one enthusiastically twirling her scarf a lot of the night, all good fun, no bother at all.

I didn’t know they were opening the away end, there were maybe a couple of hundred in there, fair play to them, they knew they were on a hiding to nothing.

Andy74
30-09-2021, 08:36 PM
It’s a bit of a shame that Ron couldn’t stay in Edinburgh for this game. His attendance would have sent all the right messages about Hibs’ support for the women’s game.

Anyhow, well played and a great win in front of a record-breaking crowd.

He was at the last match at Livingston.

hibby rae
30-09-2021, 09:09 PM
This is great 💚💚💚

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUdZi3ssDQm/?utm_medium=copy_link

LunasBoots
01-10-2021, 12:37 PM

Yeah we had some Jambos near us, no issues other than a couple idiots moaning about a scarf in maroon in the 'home' end, we are all human at the end of the day, can't be that difficult to act in a human manner to one another, it's only a game of football after all.

hibby rae
01-10-2021, 03:31 PM
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUfXNGngHuW/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ex-Hibby Caroline Weir giving plaudits.